What in the heck are you doing Sony?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Paladin Augur

30+% nerf of Necro DPS? Rumour is because Wizzies were crying? WRONG ANSWER! Don't nerf Necro's just beef up Wizzies a bit.

I know long time players (10 years plus) who are seriously thinking of junking EQ and asking for a refund on the new expansion.

Fix this. Fix it now.
    Smallpox likes this.
  2. Recnarp Augur

Am I missing something?
  3. Rorce Augur

I keep seeing these crazy numbers thrown around for Necro DPS nerf, they vary from 30-50%. Can someone please tell me where these numbers are coming from?
  4. Artemis-Entreri Augur

I too would like to know where you get this 30% figure from.

Please try to be specific as possible. Just throwing out numbers isn't going to help "us" necromancers any, do you even play a necro? Just curious. I see your website is all about Paladins, an no mention of necros. Which makes me curious/suspicious.

EDIT: I do want to add, to be fair. I stopped playing EQ Sept 25, so you may very well be right, or close to the mark. Only thing I've done in game was log a baz mule into game on the night the expansion came out to see / read ppl's reaction / comments in general / necro chat.
  5. Pyemia Elder

If you include Piestro's suggestion that we should cast less (because of the Death Bloom nerf), I could see it. Otherwise...yeah, I'm confused, too.
  6. strongbus Augur

wounder if they are talking about the fix to the type 3 augs. the bug where the type 3 where adding the bonus damage to dot base damage instead of after crits and everything. IE the damage was added to the base damage of the dot so it increase the damage done on crits.
  7. Bauer Augur

8. Edrick Augur

Bonzz, think before you post. You're probably going to come back to this thread later and realize it was silly to think the change was because of wizards (their raid dps was lowered, too) and wonder why you posted such a kneejerk reaction of a thread. Not to mention, the expansion and deathbloom change are independent of each other, so a refund of the expansion doesn't make sense because of deathbloom.
  9. Kurayami Augur

Oh I don't know, I rather enjoy these kind of posts, unedited, uncensored, unrestrained. Lets the devs know exactly how we feel about a great many of their decisions lately that the supposed mature/good posters oftentimes won't post at the fear of backlash. Let the hate flow through you my good man, Emperor Palpatine/Innoruuk approve of this message!

You can especially feel the pain when sentences don't fit together quite right, very obvious mispellings occur, because they were so enraged they had no time for such nonsense as grammar or spelling. Rather see people saying how they honestly feel than ones with some agenda.
    CaptAmazing and Iila like this.
  10. Paladin Augur

Yea, you right -- just stating the "rumor" as noted, not the fact. But Necro's notoriously parse (at least the ones I know do). And they have noted a clear decrease of about 30% DPS vs. pre-expansion.
  11. Paladin Augur

Also -- the Deathbloom nerf is not the issue.

They somehow changed DOT damage perhaps related to the faycite type augs, etc. Not being a Necro by trade (only a hobby lich) -- I just know my Necro friends are not happy. It also appears the epic might be nerfed now as well, maybe?
  12. Montag Augur

This xpac is not doing it for me at all. Bad call on bundling a ton of nerfs with the release for sure, but the content itself is meh imo. Nothing cool at all for any of my 4 level 100 toons out of the box, the zones clearly had a lot of work put into them, but I feel it's work that was stolen from RoF T3 and T4.

I'm just not feeling it. Def not buying it on my 2 alt accounts, I'm just gonna let their gold subs expire and just putz around on my main here and there and focus on other games for awhile I think. I wonder if T4 will be three big single texture procedurally generated maps this time too? (An exaggeration but not a huge one.)

Still love the game and all but cant support paying full price for so little three times for all three accounts; and things like the bundled nerfs, insultingly useless new spells, apparent stealth merc nerfs etc etc just emotionally make that a much easier decision. The merc nerfs I've been hearing about (if true, I haven't personally used a merc in the last week) really grinds my gears, taking something away and then selling it back to you piecemeal is just jive as all get out.

On the bright side I'm having a lot of fun with EQ2 right now (They're letting any new or old account start a new toon at (or raise an existing one to) level 85 for free until the 15th). Wardens are cool:)

Sony really ought to look at ways to funnel unsatisfied players to one of their other games at controversial times like these. The heroic characters thing is brilliant for keeping disgruntled players like me in the family and by the time I'm bored there EQ1 will hopefully have enough worth my coming back. :)
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ummm, they nerfed wizzys as well, so your wrong about it being because of wizzys.....try looking at the melee who have been bleating about being so far behind casters.
  14. tanj New Member

Seriously, SOE does nothing because wizards want it.
    Leerah, Raptorjesus5 and Geroblue like this.