Welcome Back to Norrath Promo

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Liliana, Oct 1, 2013.

1. BoomWalker Augur

No...but 51% of the paying customers already have 8+ 36 slot bags from the big bag sale and 83% of all paying customers have 4+ 36 slot bags from the same sale.

And a whopping 98% of paying customers think that people starting to pay for the game don't need to whine about getting one 36 slot bag or anything else....

Remember, 60% of the time 20% of the information that 10% of the people care about is 100% important.
  2. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

That has been my experience too ~ who is more likely to take up such an excellent offer? Someone with an account made 2-x years ago, with a level 7 char they got bored with and had forgotten all about; or a large percentage of the SILVER players who often log in everyday?

Again, I'm not criticizing the promotion, its one of the better ones I've see for ANY game.
  3. Piestro Augur

We have in the past run promotions that target current free and silver members, and probably will again in the future. If you have good ideas for a promotion you'd like to see though we're all ears.
  4. Reilloc Lorekeeper

i started back just over a month ago... i have 1 36 slot bag... i am 1 day from gold running out... so i get nothing because i came back one month before everyone else. I would be better off to quit, then come back another time so i get better rewards.
  5. BoomWalker Augur

Dammit...I need to quit so I can wait for the next promotion too....and then I can whine that I am missing vet rewards because I wasn't paying for a subscription but have played a month every year so I deserve the vet rewards. If I don't get vet rewards I am quitting again and will wait for a promotion when they give out vet rewards.

Once I get in the game and have no idea where anything is or how anything works and nobody to play with I will post on the forums complaining how the game is too hard for new players and to give me all the AA and levels that I should have had if I had played the game instead of waiting for a freebie give away. Then I will quit the game again to wait for the next promotion so I can complain the game isn't as fun since I am not max level...and can't find groups.

And finally, I will quit playing and wait for EQ Casual to come out since I have bought the PS4 and have been playing free games online on the PS4...and can't wait to complain that the game is bad because I have to pay for it to get things others get for paying $$$.
    lagkills likes this.
  6. Anselia New Member

Sorry to poke you, Piestro, but is there a chance you could find out the answer to this?

If we are included, then hot dog! Tell me where to sign.

If not, it strikes me that by adding the active f2p / silver players to the "sub by Oct. 15th" portion of this promotion, you get the best of both worlds. You encourage lapsed customers to come back, while at the same time encouraging the people already playing your game (but not fully committed financially) to step up and grab that subscription.

Regardless, as has been echoed by lots of the folks grumping, it's an enticing promotion. That's why the current subscribers / active f2p+silver players are grousing. Who doesn't want free bags? ::smiles::
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am thinking that either there are two promotions going on or being inactive is not part of it. I got the 15 days of free gold on my silver cleric bot, who had I had played on multiple times the week (and the day before) the promotion started.
  8. --Voodoo-- Augur

I don't think being inactive has anything to do with it either. Both of my Silver accounts now have the Gold time and the rucksack + pots in claim. Both had plenty of activity in the month prior to the promotion.

Didn't show up until yesterday though (except for rucksack on one of them), so maybe those that were excluded need to check again.

Still nothing on my FTP account though. Has anyone actually got the offer for a FTP account?
    Leerah likes this.
  9. Doktor New Member

How about another promotional discount on membership like the one that was run about a year and half ago? I believe it was about 35% of any type of subscription plan, something like that would be nice to see again. If that idea can be mentioned to the higher ups!
  10. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

Well if you opened this promotion up to ALL silver players I'm sure it would be rather popular...plus throw the rewards at gold subscribers as an extra "thank you" for their loyalty (as long as they are still gold at the end of the promotion of course).

Also as an aside I checked my emails; the last promotion I had regarding EQ was from 2011 and only ever for one account (de-duplicated email addresses maybe?). You could really be more aggressive (in marketing terms!) with old subscribers since its been quite a while since the F2P marketing blitz...
  11. Leerah Augur

Must the player CLAIM the bag/potions or is it merely enough to log on and see that they're there? I asked in another thread and don't see it anymore.

I'm going to petition the one that's still silver seems like a bug with one that's only ever been gold via kronos.
  12. Leerah Augur

I have to tell you, this free gold has been great for my traders. I wish plat came in every week like this.
  13. Eaglestiker Journeyman

I kind of take this as a slap in the face to all of us who have been paying for our subscription over the past years. I feel we should get bags also for our dedication to the game.
  14. Mytoss Elder

i kinda agree , although its nice to see people u havent seen for a while return , i dont mind em getting free gold for a while and xp potions but we should all get the bags
  15. Gnar Augur

I keep checking my 2 silver accounts hoping my bard and wizard get the bags, but im guessing its just not going to happen.
  16. Leerah Augur

I got an answer from CS. Here are the rules for getting the Gold offer-
    "Accounts either had to be a previous Gold member that had not had a Gold membership since at least 8/1/13. Or Free/Silver accounts that have not logged in since at least 9/1/13."

Well, it's true the one that's still silver had a krono on it in Sept. But the second part isn't right. I had logged in silvers since 9/1 and they still got the offer.
  17. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

Hate to bump an old thread, but I am seeing ads on websites (you know- the ones that are triggered by your activity) that offer the promo. No mention of "last active" dates. Just says- reinstate and get these items. I reinstated and didnt get the items.

If its only for certain targeted accounts, then ditch the ads.
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Zaxamaphone Augur

I've got an open CS ticket based on this right here. I did not receive any of the bonus items when I upgraded to Gold today.
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Sixth_Sense New Member

[IMG]
    Logged in to ask about this, following this ad from Slashdot 'redeem now' just goes to a general EQ page with no info on it about this promotion; and my account didn't go gold. (Silver, never been gold, but have spent some SC from cards; logged in recently.)

[Nevermind I guess that's 'OF' not 'OR', my eyes must be going.]
  20. silku Augur

Why not have a promotion that allows a new silver/gold member to group with any person in the game regardless of level? I imagine that people would come back in droves if they could get taskadds at level 1 for 30 days or something, in order to get them caught up to their friends. (For that matter I think we should be able to taskadd anyone and give them exp anywhere. I am not a fan of the "you must be in the zone" to get rewards).