marks of valor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strongbus, Oct 10, 2013.

1. strongbus Augur

ok just wana ask. me my wife and a few friends did some of the ha in cotf. 3 of us where level 100. one was level 92. the three 100 all got marks. The level 92 did not. He petition and was told cause he was not level 95 he could not get any marks form the ha. OK if someone has to be level 95 to get the marks why are the ha not set to not let anyone under the level of 95 to zone in?
  2. Caudyr Augur

Seriously? ...that's pretty ridiculous and needs to be fixed. Just make it so they can't spend the Marks until they're 95 or something...but let those under 95 get 'em if they're in with the group. -_-
    Bauer likes this.
  3. dfw_warrior New Member

I noticed that my 2 accounts don't get the same amount of marks for the missions. I've run 3 heroic missions so far and one character has over 100 more marks. Ones lvl 100 and ones lvl 98.
  4. strongbus Augur

wounder if the amount of marks is based on level.
  5. Porterz73 Augur

Not sure if this is the issue but make sure all the characters are in zone when a step completes. I believe if your toon is dead or you have not zoned in when you complete a step this will reduce marks of valor. Also if you swap a lower toon out for a merc on a big kill you will lose credit for the step.

Hope this helps
  6. Teren New Member

My wife and I delayed doing anymore HAs, after doing one with the following makeup:

100 WAR (~130 Marks)
    95 SHM (60 Marks)
    95 ROG (60 Marks)
    92 CLR (0 Marks)

None of us died the entire task, so I have no idea how the Marks are calculated, but however it is, it is poorly.
  7. Bauer Augur

ouch
    :oops:
  8. Orinwarf New Member

My friends and I experienced the same result over the weekend as we completed a couple of Heroic Adventures in Bixie Warfront. One of my friends participated with his level 92 magician and, whereas he did receive credit toward the task Achievement, he received no Marks of Valor for his contributions. We assumed, incorrectly, that this was the result of a bug. Now we know it is working as intended.

I don't need to waste anyone's time with my thoughts on this particular example, nor am I going to waste my own time pondering the finer points of potential replies ranging from, "Yes, that sucks," to, "No it doesn't; suck it up and level your friend's magician." What I will say is that it's little things like these, the choices and decisions that seemingly come from no place at all (or at least no place worth considering), that despite barely rising above the level of trivial, do, in their sheer number and continued prevalence, diminish my capacity to care one way or another. That doesn't mean I don't care, it only means I care that much or little less, because mediocrity, as a trend, becomes difficult to get worked up about.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

I keep saying they keep adding straws to the camels. Some peoples camels have weaker backs than others.

If I were involved in the making of this expansion I would definitely skip it from my résumé.
  10. Crystilla Augur

The few things I've noticed from actively participating in one in its entirely, being TA'd to one at the start but never zoning in ever and zoning into one but only participating off/on, though I followed them each time the group moved.

1. If you never zone into the instance at all - you do not get the achievement/credit for the quest and you do not get any marks of valor. So you must zone in to earn either of these.
    2. The marks of valor are distributed on an task by task basis, not all at once at the end. This means:
      • Anyone zoning in and/or task added after some tasks have been completed will only earn the marks that come after they've zoned in.
    Those are the two things I've figured out so far. All of us in the task were level 100 so I can't speak to different levels.
  11. darkenkal Journeyman

My understanding is combined group level must be level 95. If this is the case maybe it is so that players can be powerleveled. 5 level 100s and a level 70 make a combined group level of 95, PL the level 70?
  12. Kayandra New Member

No marks if you are under 95. Confirmed and sucks.
    Bauer likes this.
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

This is rather sad. If it has to vary based on level that's one thing . . but 0 for being under level 95 is pretty raw. If you can get in the task, you should be able to earn currency.
    Bauer likes this.