Cotf failure

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rhymez Thebard, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Rhymez Thebard Elder

The whole thing is garbage. Who wants to be in missions for hours and not see any loot?

But hey at least now we can farm an item with a lifesteal proc because honestly there isn't anything else to do in this expansion. I hope p2 is better and comes with a haste modifier for mercs.

Edit: Ok maybe the whole thing isn't garbage. Least we got an expansion with new zones this time. Even if the zone names aren't that original.
  2. Riou EQResource

There are named that can spawn in them as well to drop loot and possibly spells if you can beat the named.

You can also buy stuff with the currency on win when you save up enough.
  3. Edrick Augur

Well, two of the zones names are original (Dead Hills, and Neriak Fourth Gate) since they have been known to exist since the beginning of the game. We just never got to go there!
  4. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Yup.. I would have just prefered the advertised "ldon style" expansion where I can just jump in the mission and have it done in 20 mins instead of wasting 25 mins to get to the point for a named spawn chance and then another 25 mins to finish the mission.

20 min missions > 50 min missions

50 min missions have no replay value.

I also understand that content becomes easier over time. And eventually this content will be doable in 20 mins.
    silku likes this.
  5. br3333nt Journeyman

Anyone confirm there's no group chest/arms/feet for CotF t1? Doesn't appear to be on the vendor... hoping it's just a bug but I have a feeling it isn't :/ Going to be done with this 'xpac' in a matter of days :(
  6. Caudyr Augur

Only ~half of T1 has been released. Since they're staggering releases (across 4 releases, I'm assuming, like last year...given the fact that not all of the tier's gear is in + i remember them mentioning only 2 tiers)...the next update should have the rest of t1 (pretty ridiculous imo, but what can you do, heh).

At least you no longer use emblems so you don't have to really worry about mixing and matching and losing stats. :p
  7. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Made me laugh.

Part 2 better be good.

You guys get my money either way +1 dev team.
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

They could fix this quickly. Throw in some better items and you'll get people running these with enthusiasm. Or at least make a named spawn each time.
  9. Sownow New Member

Well anyone that played LDoN when it was current would EVER say that LDoN was 25 minutes... most of the time they were an hour or more(in some cases). Now I haven't had a chance to play the exp yet and from what I read so far I am gonna feel ripped off, but it sounds like the missions are indeed LDoN style.

I do think that so far that the exp is a joke based on what I am reading but I hope I am wrong.
  10. Axxius Augur

Chandrok has confirmed it in the beta forums. CotF contains only half of the items from the tier. The other half will be in the next release.
  11. Kurayami Augur

Okay sweet, in the meantime, anyone know how to equip cloaks to other slots? Every 2 out of 3 kills I seem to get one.
  12. Axxius Augur

Try sewing them together into a shawl or a tunic. :)
    Blademaster likes this.
  13. Kurayami Augur

Okay, I've weaved them together into Roon's Tunic, but it still seems to be a cloak!
    Blademaster and Axxius like this.
  14. Straahdx Augur

Only 2 tiers of gear this expansion. Half of tier 1 with release, other half will come with the next update, and the same thing will be done for tier 2. At least thats what was said in beta..