Marks of Valor and Heroic Adventures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jmac, Oct 9, 2013.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

I'm not ranting specifically about the spells. I don't like the fact that these Heroics require a group and a good chunk of time and offer very little guaranteed reward. There's been other post of this topic and many other poster that feel the same.
  2. Bauer Augur

I lol'd
  3. CaptAmazing Augur

Why? Cause I think people should be reward better for doing these? I don't get it. This would be the same if they removed chests at the end of raids and said all you get is the currency and maybe a chance for a named to drop an item per raid.
  4. Agrippa Augur

My wife and I ran through six Dead Hills HAs yesterday with a couple friends. I think we found five named. Three of the same ring, two or three spells, an aug, a clickie, two or three armor pieces. Wasn't a bad run overall, plus enough currency to grab something else.
  5. Tarrin Augur

This is pretty much the only time consuming aspect of the whole release. I'm fine with it.
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

I haven't had luck with named. Though its early. If its starts to average out like you're experiencing, ill be more on board.
  7. Nightops Augur

I think its already been stated in a response to one of your posts in another thread what doing 1 HA would give you (at a minimum) vs what 1 raids gets you at a minimum.

its very easy to say ... well a raid chest gives you 6 drops and several spells along with everyone getting currency and now a group mission only gives you a garunteed currency with only a chance for drops and spells. Unfortunately, CaptAmazing, you quickly forget the number of people required to dedicate their time to winning the raid. In the end, its very close to equal. If I have to do 6 HA with a full group of people to get 1 drop and 1 currency item its really close to getting 6 raid wins (with a full raid) to get 1 drop item and 1 currency item.
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

I get that you have more people and all. The concept is still the same. There's no chest at the end. But you guys choose to raid, you have set schedules, the gear is leaps and bounds better and always have the raid ready to go when you log on.

This is group content for groupers. We don't have the luxury to log on and be ready to go. We have to form a group, though a smaller one now with lower HA requirements, and have a semblance or appropriate classes.

But, again, this is group content. It should be more lax then you raiding.
  9. Tarrin Augur

I think you are confusing missions with heroic adventures?
    Missions more often need a full(er) group.
    HA dont.
    Missions give better rewards than HA.
  10. CaptAmazing Augur

Not confusing it. This whole thread is about HA rewards or lack thereof.

Not related to anyone in particular because I don't know who raids and who doesn't , but, raiders should stop chiming in with what they think groupers should or shouldn't get. Most of the time you won't bother with the content except to flag or get an aug. with the occasional alt you plow through to get some gear.
  11. Windzor01 Journeyman

For what it is worth, the LDON missions were altered at some point to where, in any mission, you had to kill 20 mobs before named would spawn. Just food for thought.