Game Update: Thursday, October 10 @ 6am PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Tanit New Member

Gripe when you run a mmo...geeze peeps. EQ has been down for hours!!!! *watches the sky fall*
  2. Vlek New Member

I don't understand this. It's a Thursday. Glad everyone seems to have today off today since it's time for a patch. Don't blame SOE because you have a day off right after an expansion release. What do you honestly expect?! I do have sympathy for your situation but this is something that has happened for well over a decade.
  3. Kandykiss Journeyman

I wasn't the one complaining. I was answering someone's question. They too, were not the ones complaining.
  4. Tarelore New Member

Hey if you guys need help I can be there in about 2 hours ....seriously...I have nothing better to do than to watch the server status page....I commuted the 5 Fwy for years.;)
    Tanit likes this.
  5. Gragas Augur

Thanks, dad.
    Vlek likes this.
  6. Vlek New Member

Well maybe I wasn't talking about you Kandy :D.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Patch ETAs are usually pretty accurate these days... and they're rare. Not like the early days when we had a patch every week, and they ALWAYS went past their time.

Luclin launch was a week+ of patches, sometimes the servers just going down without warning at all.
  8. Kingrogue New Member

This is funny. I am sure most people expected problems when the expansion went live and would take more then 14hrs. It took less then 14hrs. They have more problems with the patch then they had with the expansion. Very funny.
  9. puddinpop New Member

First world complainers with first world problems. LOL. I had the day off today too. And while I am sad I did not get to play I fixed my drippy faucet and began rennovating my Bathroom. I spent more time with my son and gave the dog a bath. The world has not ended and I would have like to play today I can play again. It's in the title Everquest suggesting timeless.
  10. easyJet Apprentice

Some people need to learn to take time out and relax.
  11. Leeanni Elder

Well I took advantage of the time off and am baking a loaf of bread..... mmmmm sure does smell good!!:)
  12. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

You know what happens in third world countries if someone takes your money and doesn't deliver?
  13. Bialar New Member

No, No, No, you don't understand, I need to know the very exact moment those servers come back up so I can be the first to log in and go farm all those freshly spawned named that come with the server reset !!!!
    /good grief
    Draego likes this.
  14. Tarrin Augur

EverQuest has very minimal downtime. You make it sound like this is a regular experience.
  15. medipack New Member

Vlek is right. I think the people defending SoE should face facts. They charge people for a service and then stop them accessing said service = gonna get complaints. If you charged people a gym membership and closed the gym = complaints.

We understand patches are necessary however they set the target of 2 hours and missed it by 4 hours (I hope only 4)
  16. Toadwater Journeyman

It's my day off, like many. Logged in, read the patch notes, noticed EQ was down, logged out. Long downtimes are a hallmark of EQ, I deal with it.

Logged in to Dragon's Prophet (another SOE franchise) and was happily killing time until EQ was back up. Lo' and behold- DP goes down as well.

Probably just bad luck, but I can't help thinking less of SOE because of it...
  17. Zarakii Augur

showing up again but still locked
  18. Passiion New Member

I sat here thinking how massive the code must be for Everquest after 20 expansions. I also know from limited experience in programming how fubar things can go with a line of code if you happened to type a ; instead of : on the line. I don't envy these guys at all!!!

What did you all do in the old days before EQ? Try hard to think back that far and go find something to amuse yourselves and let these poor guys (and gals if there are any) do this highly thankless job. When did we become such a rude and gimme now society?

And a big thank you to the programmers over the years that have given us such a wonderful game. The downtimes haven't been all that many and allow me to reconnect sometimes with REAL world items.
    Draego likes this.
  19. Torgimli New Member

I just decided to play EQ again since I left in 2002. Glad to see the same folks are on the forums going nuts over downtimes.

At least the free play brings back the lost sheep!
  20. Nadisia Augur

Not to defend them, but EQ has very little downtime overall.
    Try to play somehing else from time to time, and you'll see. ;)
    And at least, they're patching and try to fix issues pretty quick, not like some games from other major companies where nothing is fixed and where you keep the same bugs for months, even years lol

I pay for this game too, and you know what? I don't enjoy it, bur frankly, I don't care. There's always something else to do, and servers will be back sooner or later.
    Leeanni likes this.