Call of the Forsaken is coming! Game Update: Monday, October 7 @ 8pm Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Monday, October 7, 2013 at 8:00 pm US Pacific* for the release of EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken! The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 14 hours. Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Time Zone Converter
  2. Leerah Augur

Wow, 14 hour patch! That's a new record.
  3. iniari-TR Augur

not counting the patch to fix the patch that was ment to fix the stuff in the first patch. :p
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

I'm looking forward to the new zones, gear, and raids. :)
  5. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I'm not sure if 14 hours is a record ... wasn't there a 21 hour patch for an expansion once?

I think there was also an even longer (24 hours?) downtime once when something went horrible wrong and the patch had to be reverted.
    Longest downtime was more than three weeks in 2011 after Sony's Playstation Network got hacked.

So 14 hours? Barely nothing :) .
  6. Genadine Elder

Nice touch bringing the Servers down at 8pm US time, 14 hours makes it a nice early start for the US time zone Guilds to blast through progression and almost guarantee the content will all be dead by the end of Raiding Tuesday. Once again another FU to 'Europe the unwashed'
  7. Gragas Augur

Sony is based in California aint't it? Some people will be pulling an all nighter to push content to Live servers and you complain?

Servers coming up at 1PM EST means it will come up just when most Euro guilds are logging in to raid?

Guess you can't make everyone happy I guess?
    Bauer likes this.
  8. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Well, issue for us europeans is the raids have to be unlocked first - if that is done, our Tuesday is already over ...
  9. Aaxxandum Journeyman

I remember back in the days , i think around release of Velious or Luclin, the servers would all ( or most ) be down for 1-3 days... And you complain about 14hours ??
    <---- EU player too
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pre order ends 6th or 7th ?

Still haven't been able to convince my self to order it, would be nice to know how long I have to decide.
  11. slicechant Journeyman

Right up until the servers come down for launch is considered a preorder so the night of the 7th
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

13. oogolx Elder

Who isn't ready for all the nerf bat swings to go live? I know I am
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

I'm surprised it's happenning on a a monday night.

That said, I just hope they do it right the first time.

We all remember the patch to fix the patch to fix the patch.

I'm hoping it's done right the first time.
  15. Kyos New Member

The longest Everquest as ever been down was during the shadows of luclin expansion
  16. Dethyn New Member

Did we forget the Sony shutdown when all of our personal information was compromised? I'd say that was the longest EQ has been down. lol
  17. Denbur New Member

must be a lot of stuff for 14 hours least our guild meeting is at 8:30 lol
  18. Aaxxandum Journeyman

Well go onto Test server and try it out there , and / or talk to the people playing there and ask them what they think.
  19. Leerah Augur

It was two weeks during the so-called hacking, right after they laid off a lot of their security staff. ;-)
  20. Poepoepoe Journeyman

wrong, it was down much longer during the SOE / PSN security breach