Free gold status, free travelers rucksack bag and free 36 slot bag????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Risiko Augur

Am I reading this correctly?

If you start a new Everquest account right now, you get:
    - free gold status
    - free travelers rucksack (big bag)
    - free potions

And, then if you pay for gold status on that new account by October 15th you get a choice of:
    - free hero forge
    - free mount
    - free 36 slot bag

So, new accounts get 2 big bags for free basically.

What do us loyal members get that have been paying for gold membership all along? The right to buy a big bag for $22 to $30+ dollars. Come on now. That's just not right.

Hell I spent over 2 thousand dollars total to go to SoE Live this year. Guess how many free bags I got in game. None. But, I got a worthless globe to put in my EQ house and an ugly mercenary that I can only claim on one character. Hell the bags are at least heirloom!

Ugh...
  2. Bauer Augur

It appears to be really buggy at the moment.
    A few threads are already up complaining about it
  3. Liliana Augur

When you try to actually resub the whole thing bugs out. I've had a support ticket in for over 24 hours now with no answer. I'd recommend holding off on subbing til closer to Oct 15.

I was charged the 15 for sub, but can't find the sub listed anywhere in my Game Pass info or Payment History. At this point it doesn't look like I've set up a subscription because it still wants me to renew, yet I've been charged.

[IMG]
  4. wingz-83 Augur

[IMG]
    Sinestra and Bauer like this.
  5. Lenowill Augur

If you're a recurring gold subscriber, you do get 500 SC/mo and 5 LoN packs included with your monthly subscription.

Presumably one could use that 500 SC/month over the course of a few months to purchase said Big Bags and exp pots, particularly when they are on sale.

One might also accidentally end up with more than four exp pots (or other useful items) as a result of loot cards from LoN pack opening over the course of a year (I know I sure did when I was a full subscriber -- though, of course, it IS a lottery type of thing).
  6. The Drood Elder

People who pay for and use Krono's get nothing not evan 500 SC
    Sinestra likes this.
  7. Montag Augur

That's pretty jive not to include existing players in the free /claims.
  8. Drathus Augur

It includes Free and Silver accounts that have not logged in within the past 30 days. It also includes all previous lapsed accounts that were gold at some point prior to August (that have logged in within the past 30 days).

So, if you create an account today and log in, you will not be gold and will not have the /claims available to you.
  9. KC13 Augur

LMAO, since LoN went to an XP like thing for loot, the only loot card I have received is for a USELESS painting. Infuriating to say the least. Before, I received some useful items like mounts.
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. CaptAmazing Augur

Can someone explain this? This mean don't get loot cards if your level is too,low?
  11. Gragas Augur

[IMG]
    Rikantiz, KC13 and Leerah like this.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

You get loot cards.
    The bonus loot is separate to what you get out of a booster, and it's a specific list of items. I got a Kiss of Erollisi as a bonus loot. I want Aspect of the Brood though!
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  13. CaptAmazing Augur

Ok, so, you still have the same chance as always to get the loot cards from opening packs. But, now you get a separate percentage chance to get an additional loot card from some predetermined list? Is there a link to this list or does it not exists?
  14. Caudyr Augur

If there is one, it'd be on the LoN website...I dunno if there is, though.
  15. Straahdx Augur

I got one on my box account, along with 2 fast mounts, and a couple illusions other than the dragon. I didn't realize they came from leveling up, thanks for that info lol..
  16. Sinestra Augur

I don't mind them giving away stuff to lure people back or into the game, but the whole "You only get 500 station cash if you have a recurring subscription even though monthly subscribers pay way more" and the "Free LoN cards, as long as you log into the card game interface, which is still poorly implemented and causes crashes if you have zoned since logging into the game, once a month" thing is stupid.
    Pay us money, and then jump around like trained monkeys and only after the tricks you'll get a treat.
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

Not reading it right. Make a new account right now and you get nothing. Its for people that have a silver account that hasn't been logged in the past 30 days.
  18. KC13 Augur

"Theoretically" it does apply to bonus loot cards, but since the implementation, I have only received the one loot card. Previously, I received many loot cards.......
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then you were a lucky one, always logged in my max level to claim my cards always got next to nothing, that said have have had more luck recently, hand to hand ornaments and an ugly green mount which I have 2 or 3 of. :rolleyes:
    Leerah likes this.