Non-Raiding Necromancers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miklo Elder

You know not what you speak of. Thats the problem with this nerf and all the others. Theyre made by people who know nothing about the class. This is one of my biggest problems with this game.

Like you Voodoo, the dev behind this nerf has never actually played this class. All the bs that theyve put us through and how much this class has been screwed off over the years. They make choices about things they know nothing of.

For example: Mounts. Youll never see a necromancer on a mount, and if by chance you do, thats merely a magician trying to play a class he knows nothing about.
    DeadLikeMe likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

Cause the devs know nothing about the classes they have been designing for years?
    People still play the game (more than ever). I'd say the devs know more about the classes and game than any of us do.
  3. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

As others are saying, you are commenting on a class you know nothing about.

The *reasons* necro's CANNOT OBTAIN THE SAME BENEFIT from mounts are two fold.

1) We're often the puller. Personally I'm nearly always the puller.
    2) We have to cast dots early which gains significant aggro. To avoid this we use feign death which drops the mount. Mounts are not instant cast meaning that the only time to recast them is between pulls.

As for mind split, as I have stated, due to the cast time the only way to use this is to substitute it for a DPS spell and it should be noted that given it needs a live mob in camp it does not provide anything near the maximum theoretical return in practice. In many ways all death bloom is is an AA mind wrack (thats the line this belongs to) without the negatives.
  4. Jilarak Elder

nerfs suck i hate to see them for anyone..knowing the feeling many times
    this nerf to death bloom no one wins really..i think the 10 min recast time should be 5-6 mins maybe thru aa
    we can get down to that point..
  5. Tinytinker Augur

The Death Bloom nerf's giving me second thoughts about inviting necros to exp with me. Necro med breaks will slow my fellowship down when we're running exp potions we paid for and get only a few times a week to play.

Bring the 10 minute recast time to 6 minutes or add aa's so necros can get it down to that point.
  6. LoCkeD FrOm BeRt Apprentice

nice job for making the game less fun now. i've already been fighting burn out and now this nerf will put the icing on the cake to finally retire. I don't solo anymore because its mind numbingly boring and now even though i have friends who will group with me, it won't be fun being one of the weakest group DPS classes. We already had to work for dps in a group and now we'll get to either cast less, further decreasing our lack of group dps or sit and med, completely wiping out any dps for a mob or 2 every so often.

You have such great vision Sony. Nerfing DB to 3 times the refresh rate is the best you could come up with? Don't worry about it, continue to spend most of your resources on EQN
  7. Atvar Augur

Cause there's a dev for every player that focuses on a single class and spends hours every day play testing actual mechanics.

I'd say the minority of players who parse and actually bother to read raw spell data know more about their specific class than your average developer.
    Marton and Sinestra like this.
  8. Dyseverfrostic New Member

You do realize that other classes pull as well right? Like enchanters, and wizards. In fact, I'd say that enchanters pull much more than necros do. The whole "I'm a puller and can't be mounted" is somewhat null...

It's great that you know your class, the issue is you seem to have no idea about any other. The nerf to DB sucks sure, but every class is/has been hit with a "class breaking" nerf.
  9. Gnomeland Augur

There is a lot of crappy information / ignorance about necros because necros have had a policy of withholding information themselves specifically to not get nerfed. Yet, it's obvious that this has the capacity to backfire on you and this time, it has. With the EQ dev team becoming less and less full-time on EQ, it's logical that the devs won't be up to date on everything, and till necros are willing to volunteer information the way other classes have been willing to when they're asking for a change, I don't think this discussion is useful.

Simply put, I've yet to see a single necro post a parse of their burst/sustained DPS in groups/raids. Given that this entire series of nerfs to necros - DB nerf, epic change, dot mod change - are designed to lower necro DPS, both burst and sustained, the scarcity of data on necro DPS has been appalling.
  10. DeadLikeMe Journeyman

11. DeadLikeMe Journeyman

They know what it's supposed to do. As a programmer, it's one of our flaws. We know what we wrote but there is absolutely no way of knowing if it ever gets implemented and if it does exactly what we thought it would do. Only someone who uses (plays) can know for sure so I would go with the player base knowing more than the dev.
  12. Gnomeland Augur

Again, where are the parses? There's a lot of doom and gloom about how necros are now going to be complete crap for groups, but without parses there's no data showing why.
  13. DeadLikeMe Journeyman

Agreed with the crappy information/ignorance part but lots of information including mountains of parses have been supplied to the devs. They are the ones with the power. Unless you have a dev's ear, there is no reason to convince you we don't need a nerf. It would be nice if all would stand in solidarity so that no class is nerfed. I never could understand why one class getting something would make another feel bad. If the grass looks greener, hop the fence. Role a necro either on live or beta if you get in and you can make him level 100 if you want on beta. Try it out (come to the dark side). There is no reason you need to rely on second hand information. Necro: Master of mana and sustained. Why change my core definition? Honestly, what experience did you have that makes you hate necros so much some of you want to jump on the nerf necros bandwagon.
    Marton likes this.
  14. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

Wizards...pull...now? Are you serious? I hadn't realised they had serious splitting tools beyond root. That must be a fun change from the last time I played one. No I don't know other classes, but I do know mine well enough to say that the net change from the DB nerf is a SERIOUS reduction in both sustained and burst DPS in order to accommodate the reduced mana regeneration.

Enchanters of course DO pull, however you're comparing apples to oranges in that for enchanters DPS is a tertiary roll (I don't know, that may have changed too; please tell) whereas for necros our roll has always been DPS *with* the ability to pull. Of course, it depends on a groups make-up WHAT roll we will be filling (hell, looking at the CoF spells it looks like we're healers now) but primarily its DPS and puller and it has been that way for a long long time.

Many of us simply object to such a MASSIVE change, COMBINED with nerfs to dots and the looming threat to the epic. All in all it seems unwarranted since I've mearly perceived my necros DPS as comparable to other similar geared players DPS output (and far less than raid geared melee).

And I think you hit the nail on the head - we do feel that its class breaking hence a lot of us are vocally against it.
  15. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

I'd happily parse for you except you would be disappointed and would claim that "I was not representative" since I'm a lazy under-geared slacker. In a group just add up the 3 swift-dots and 2*swarm pets, add AAs/group geared crit rates/bonus and there you have it.

This change will mean I have to drop a either a dot or a pet DD - hence I'm saying MY DPS will suffer a 15-20% reduction. Better geared necros will probably fare better, worse geared far worse.
  16. LoCkeD FrOm BeRt Apprentice

group leader: ok, a necro just told me he wants our open dps spot
    group memeber: ummm necro? can't we do better?
    leader: what do you mean, necros are decent dps in groups as long as they burn hard
    member: well yeah after the DB nerf, they can't burn that hard anymore so now they really suck in groups
    leader: yeah well they still have that nice group heal aura..
    member: well yeah, that was nice til it got nerfed and now only works on caster..is pretty useless now
    leader: well ok, that sucks for necros. At least they still rock in dps on raids...
    member: well yeah umm their dot crits got nerfed and they are like middle of pack in raid dps now.
    leader: Who the hell did the necros piss off?
    member: nobody, was more class envy than anything
    leader: fine i'll get the pally
  17. Marton Augur

Only my excellent dark elf upbringing keeps me from telling you where to shove your caster hate.
    Sinestra likes this.
  18. Bighitz Augur

Whine where whine is due... You are a solo utility class on top of sustained DPS, just be happy.
  19. brian0729 Journeyman

You really should not respond to a post about a person talking about groups with nothing but raid spewage, just saying.
  20. Kurayami Augur

Some berserker telling the necros to just deal with it, never saw that one coming.... I'm sure they'll return the favor when they turn your 2her into a nerf hammer for some reason or other, lol :) Is the class envy really necessary Bighitz?
    Vivamort and Sinestra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.