Imperator's Charge/Tempestuous Defense/Warlord's Grasp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Brosa, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Brosa Augur

Whats the point in having the haste effect on this ability? 3: Increase Attack Speed by 30% is spell haste. All melee have shaman/bst/chanty or pot haste on at all times which are much greater. This effect is pointless.
    Having Tempestuous Defense (15 min refresh) linked with Steadfast (12 second refresh) makes no sense to me. One is a defensive stun on all attacking mobs and the other is an ac increase.
    Warlord's Grasp causes mobs to end up behind us. Please fix this!
  2. Fllint Elder

Imperator's charge - The melee haste on this ability should be a 20-25% overhaste instead of a 100% worthless in every situation know to man 30% melee haste and it would make a very decent short duration utility ability for warriors in groups and raids alike.

Warlord's Grasp - The real problem with this ability is it only has 50 range..... The range on it needs to be increased substantially, but for some reason Elidroth doesn't want to do it :( . All lurch type abilities pull the mob straight into the middle of you which ends up making them go behind you. It is a problem with the lurch ability itself and won't be able to be fixed until they change the point it pulls the mob into a spot that somewhere in front of the PC/NPC that is casting it.

Tempestuous Defense - 100% worthless ability, forget that it was ever created just like the previous discontinued versions of it. I wish we had gotten Reprove instead of this worthless ability.
    Insaneox and beryon like this.
  3. Vezoth Apprentice

The spell haste seems to only effect beneficial spells. Tho its pretty OK for that (Takes Cleric's group heal from 2.4 down to 2 flat). The melee haste on charge is garbage, should have left it as over haste.

As for Warlord's Grasp, some warning that it works like Undivided Attention in the spell description would be nice.

Undivided Attention Effect
    1: Unknown #444 (100/100/0)

Warlord's Grasp
    1: Slow Push (-400)
    2: Increase Hate by 3000
    3: Unknown #444 (100/105/0)
  4. Fllint Elder

I have no idea why he added the undivided attention type effect to warlord's grasp.

What would work much better is to just make it a straight up single target lurch (or single target Hate's attraction clone - either one is fine with me b/c both have their ups in downs in situations) with 200 range and nothing else attached to it and the same reuse time. No undivided effect on the ability at all.

He could of then made a SECOND AA with a short range (or long range preferably, but I could live with the 50 range on this if we had to pick one or the other) with a 1 tick undivided attention type ability with a short reuse timer for when we actually wanted only that effect.

Combining them into 1 just makes the ability extremely narrow in its usefulness b/c a lot of the time we don't want both of those abilities going at the same time :(. It just makes no sense for them to be combined. All it does is not allow us to use it unless we are actually tanking, and sometimes (usually) when we are tanking we don't want the lurch on the mob b/c it pulls the mob behind you, which ruins a TON of potential uses for this ability.

Please consider separating Warlord's grasp into these 2 different abilities (the name of the second one is just a possible example)

1. Warlord's Grasp with the 1: Slow Push (-400) plus or minus the 2:increase Hate by 3000 with 45 sec reuse timer and ~200 range (please at least more than 50 range)

and

2. Warlord's Attention with the 3: Unknown #444 (100/105/0) (undivided type effect and nothing else) with a 45 sec reuse timer (that isn't shared) and this can be a 50 range if you have to have one of them be a short range ability.
    Insaneox likes this.
  5. Kamea Augur

I think all of the new Imperator's abilities need a going over.

I agree charge's haste should be changed to overhaste.... but I think 25% would make bards cry. So maybe 20-24%~. Either way, it has to be large enough to make a different over clicky overhaste. And I don't know if this is true, but I asked a cleric if charge's spell haste lowered her light's cast time beyond what blessing does and she said no, granted that could be bad info.

Main problem with command is the AC component, it should simply be removed -- I know, I know, it 'should' just be moved to a different slot but AC slots are so full it's probably best to just drop it then wait months and months for a fix to the fix. The mana regen componet should be moved to a different slot so it doesn't overwrite druid mask... it also overwrites yaulp but that isn't as much as a headache for clerics as the mask stripping is to druids.

Precision should have a max use limit added to it (preferably a generous one) and allow it to be used on raid targets. It would also be nice to have a melee DPS debuff added to it.
  6. Brosa Augur

I don't mind that Warlord's Grasp has both abilities. Just leave the mob in front of us.
  7. Thaargor New Member

I am assuming that the "unknown #444 effect is what pulls the mob to you, but what is the "slow push" effect?
  8. Tobynn Augur

A negative push is a pull.
    The unknown effect is the taunt and the group agro reducer.
  9. Makavien Augur

The way to work around warlords grasp is pull the mob in hold still sometimes it will warp sometimes it wont (he can't fix this he has tried on many many abilities) and use press the attack if it does warp or you can do like me pull almost to the corner or whatever /where you want the mob to be and if it warps to you just move to where you were planning on moving anyway. It happens randomly because the game thinks you moved. Him making it push at the end might help a little like an auto cast press the attack but it could also cause more problems.
  10. Daislet Augur

That is bad info.
    Blessing Rk III is a 11% spell haste. Add to that item spell haste on raid boots (30%), total = 41%.

The maximum a spell can get hasted is 50%.
    With Imperator's Charge it's 30%+30% = 60%. So well over cap. It's even more useful for non raid folks and rk. II's as it will still put you on the maximum spell haste.
    The cast time becomes 50% of the normal spell time.

It even drops necro's cast times down as well.