Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

2. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

I would like to see a DEV response.
  3. Edrick Augur

I'm pretty sure the non-response is a response. This isn't changing. My shield aug slot cries, but life goes on.
  4. Kelefane Augur

Or maybe they are too busy with Beta and whatnot to address this right now.
  5. Recnarp Augur

LOL... yeah
  6. Insaneox Augur

This seems more to the fact. Really seems goal is to make group players happy these days. They make missions easy/ joke to box. Also, add 2 better zone wide HH drops then the non visable from raid.

Then throw nice augment on limited time raid as part of RNG in chest. Plus rest of loot in chest is of t2 raid level and zero value to t4 guilds. Oh well guess next year event will be 2 groupable and can get it then.
  7. Poepoepoe Journeyman

I fail to see how a raid loot mechanic for the red dragon scale benefits groupers in any way.
  8. Ronak Augur

That's kind of the point.
    Marton, Elricvonclief and Insaneox like this.
  9. Stephen51 Augur

This aug is causing division within our guild. We have lost people over the award of an aug to anyone other than a tank class - I hope this was not SOE's intention, but if its happening in our guild it may be happening in others. I agree changing it to a reward for beating the raid may stop more breaks in guilds.
  10. grrrrrrrf Elder

that s why merit guild sucks , dkp for the win, want it, bid it!
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

Ehh, even that way someone will get bent out of shape. I remember years back some whiny pally who was a guild leader quit our alliance raiding group and joined a different guild all because a ranger had more DKP and beat him for an aug from TSS.
  12. grrrrrrrf Elder

Ah yeah don't get me wrong, every guild get those entitled spoilt brat, but drama like this is more common in merit guilds, which is why most guild are dkp based, it s transparent and you can only blame yourself if you don't get item X or Y.
  13. Voth Elder

All of the augs have gone to tanks in my guild. What method you use to distribute loot is your business, but if the best shield AC aug in the game is going to someone other than a tank, your guild leadership needs to be beaten with a moldy loaf of bread.
    dpsdpsdps, Elricvonclief and Kelefane like this.
  14. Kelefane Augur

Its been going to nothing but tanks in my guild too. Its how it should be. This should go to tanks first.
    dpsdpsdps, Elricvonclief and Marton like this.
  15. Grummy_NB Augur

Has the event stopped crashing for no apparent reason? Luck to those who make the RNG to even get the loot chance.
  16. boukk_sebilis Augur

Dunno, never had any crashes.
  17. Bauer Augur

Your guilds drama is not Sony's problem.
    Axxius and Dzarn like this.
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

Regardless of how the guild rewards the aug, it's sad to see the drama that results. I'm firm in my opinion, but this is causing problems in game.
    Kelefane likes this.
  19. Kurayami Augur

Killed it a 4th time on Friday, no augs yet again. Tell you the fantabulous loot we did get though:

Drums of bardness (yay for an alt bard!)
    Drums of bardness (yay for ANOTHER alt bard!)
    Drums of bardness (yay for yet ANOTHER alt bard!)
    Hammer of Shame, I mean the Shaman useable hammer
    Dagger of twinkiness (yay for an enchanter alt!)
    Prayers for a better clicky (yay another alt!)

While I can enjoy gearing up twinks as much as anyone, the whole, no loot we want ever thing is getting old.
  20. Kelefane Augur

Another issue with this raid, is that for a lot of guilds, if it wasnt for the aug, this raid would be a huge waste of time to do. It would be a "do it once just to say you did, and never go back again" kind of raid. All of the loot is rotting or going to alts. The only reason to even do this raid for a lot of guilds, is only for the aug. So when these guilds do this raid, and dont get the aug to drop, and only see garbage alt/rot loot drop, then yeah, its a waste of time.

Make the aug cursor/popup box loot already so some of us can stop wasting our time doing this raid.

The only fun thing about this raid, is popping the chest open and praying multiple augs are inside of it. Otherwise, raidleaders are having fun shuffling platoons of alts in and out of the raid to loot whatever crap dropped inside of the chest.
    Elricvonclief likes this.