Guild Lobby Feature: /Hideafk?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Similar to the bazaar, can a feature be implemented with a command along the lines of the one proposed in title?

Would work well to put it along with all the other boolean statements in the eqclient.ini I think. I personally would have zero need to find someone who is afk in the lobby. If I HAD to, I could turn hide off for a moment. I think a lot of the other members on the community would agree.

The command in bazaar feature helps a lot.
  2. Recnarp Augur

You know when you load a box into the game, sometimes it won't see your other toons until the characters move? Yeah, that needs to applied to players when they are idle for more than an hour or 2.

Jk! Removing the 40 AFK players behind a chair would take away from the social experience!
  3. Poepoepoe Journeyman

just allow clip plane to go to true 0, leaving you in a grayish black void wherever you go
  4. Nadisia Augur

Yes, that would be great.
    /hideafk, or /hideall like the vendors in bazaar, or /hideallbutgroup, /hideallbutraid, /hideallbutguild, whatever.

Even better, a new door from PoK to GH, bypassing the Lobby completely.
    Because frankly, the only times I zone into this laggy zone are when my anchors are down.
  5. Sinestra Augur

They've never shown any interest in doing anything to decrease the lag in any zone like the Guild Lobby. It would truly be a surprise if they finally took notice.
  6. Treesong Elder

Well, they made it so that when you use your Veteran AA Throne of Heroes, you end up facing *away* from the mass of (illusioned) players, pets, familiars and mercenaries....... you can run straight out of the door without much lag! ;)

I would appreciate a few more shortcuts in PoK myself. GL > Bazaar and PoK > Housing Area would be nice. I like the hustle and bustle in PoK, centering around Franklin Teek and the merchant/banker area nearby; and I do not think this would suffer with those extra shortcuts.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Should just /autocamp the players after being AFK/inactive for more than 2 hours. This would considerably clear up the lag!
  8. Moklianne Augur

A /hidemercs would probably cut down on the lag tremendously by itself.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not unless there is an option to turn that off.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CaRnon like this.
  10. Porterz73 Augur

I recently started a baby toon on Vox for fun and I noticed very few hang in the guild lobby on the server... Thus no lag.

Bravo Vox people!
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Sinestra Augur

Why would there be a need to turn that off? It's okay for all of those players to inconvenience others, but inconveniencing them is too far?

This would be something specific to the guild lobby. Not the whole game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. CaRnon Augur

It is still you asking to be able to inconvenience other people cause you feel inconvenienced... Does not matter the zone. its still you making someone elses game experience lesser to increase yours... does not seem like a fair trade off for me.... personally I just run on the outside of the guild loby and avoid the middle part where people afk to get buffs or lord knows what else. It helps with the lag a lot doing that.

If people feel the need to stay logged on afk in the guild lobby with their mercs up in attempt to get buffs then that is their choice and I do not believe its mine or your right to say they can't do that.

Maby just have a option for you to /hide mercs or /hide inactive (since not all inactive folsk put up a afk sign)... BUT to kick them from the server for them using the game the way they want to seems unfair..

and don't get me wrong I hate the mass amount of folks in guild lobby but I do not think kicking folks is the option.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Sinestra Augur

Actually it's not me asking as I didn't put that idea forward.

Also it is not any more inconvenient for people getting logged out than forcing people to deal with the lag it causes. Your argument is ridiculous since it is based on the premises that only one inconvenience is really an inconvenience and that because you personally have found a work around to playing that it makes it all better. So in your own words it is them making someone else's game experience lesser to increase their own.
  14. Langya Augur

This has come up before. Devs won't put effort into an issue that the community could fix on their own.

However, the community won't fix it because people want their free buffs and to not get them denies them what has now been recognized as a common practice. Those people will be offended if there is any change of the status-quo and will assert that their buffs trumps any complaints about lag. In our wimpy change adverse society where it is paramount to avoid anything and everything that might offend or be in anyway different or unsafe, the safe bet (which is also the only bet and thus the only solution) is to avoid where the afk people congregate....or spend a few grand and get a new computer/internet connection. Those afk people's buffs are for more important than any money you spend or dev resources expended to get rid of their lag, after all. So stop forcing your values and common sense on people. No one has time for that around here.

Best thing for everyone to do is no one log out. Everyone afk with their boxes and mercs and make the lag so bad that the zone crashes daily. Maybe make sure everyone has a mount and the party popper nimbus active too. Then it might get addressed. In the mean time, buffs for everyone!
    Fenthen and Sinestra like this.
  15. Sinestra Augur

I just refuse to buff in the Guild Lobby even when asked.
  16. Straahdx Augur

Just make mgb and tb not work in the lobby. No one is going to single cast buff the throng of people there.
    Caudyr and Sinestra like this.
  17. Caudyr Augur

Another option is to open a path downwards between the guild hall doors...that go a ways and then go straight on a flat contour a ways to open up into a rectangular room. Make buffs decay in the zone everywhere but in this section. Have there be an aura that not only makes buffs not decay there but turns people into shadowmen. You could have doors to guild hall and PoK in here, too...so that people can leave to these two areas w/o having their buffs decay.

Alternatively, just make everyone into shadowmen in this zone alone...and the problem of lag should solve itself since there are no polys to render. ^^
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

GL fix - zonewide mass beneficial dispel every 5 minutes.
    Autocast on zone in - dispel blocker (yellow) that lasts 10 minutes.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. CaRnon Augur

Yes I do think a little bit of lag is less of a inconvenience then kicking players from the world. sorry to hear that you think my argument is ridiculous... but I think its ridiculous to think that a little lag is worse then booting players. so I guess we just can agree to disagree.
  20. Kelefane Augur

Yes please. Add some kind of feature that does away with the lag pile in the guild lobby. A lot of folks try avoiding the lobby like the plague these days.
    Fenthen and Sinestra like this.