Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Gladare Augur

Don't forget calling him a whining raider.
  2. boukk_sebilis Augur

All of EQ is about RNG, this is nothing new.

There s nothing wrong with a few chase items, if someone wants an item bad enough he can spend the dkp for it, some will pay more some will pay less depending on luck , but that s how it always has been.

People need to stop crying everytime something isn't given to them on a silver plater.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Why does everyone want everything in game? Why do you feel you will be inferior to others if you do not have an extra 10 AC in your shield? Why do you feel you will not be able to achieve anything in game if you do not get this aug?

So you did not get a 50 AC shield useable aug in game. Big deal. Wait six months and there may be one then. If you truely believe that an extra 10 AC in your shield is a make/break point for your character, then maybe it is time to take a *real* break from the game. Relax, unwind, calm down, do other things, etc. Come back in a couple months, and you will realize how silly it was to gain all this stress and anxiety over a couple of pixels.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Could have sworn the aug had massive amounts of hp and mana... Placing it in the top 3?
  5. grrrrrrrf Elder

picky caster! good , more aug for the rest of us :p
  6. Insaneox Augur

Only if one drops at current its part of RNG.
  7. Triconix Augur

Add a second aug to this geared towards melee dps (and add SD to the current aug). Make it a reward choice at the win. My guild has now killed Naggy twice and no aug so far. How many more times will we do this without seeing an aug? Who knows. We could farm this for a month and not see a single aug. Is that just? No, it's just a waste of time because the loot other than the aug isn't all that good. It's maybe on par with t2 raid loot, meanwhile the 2 rare zonewide drops are t3-4 equal.
    Caziku likes this.
  8. Nightops Augur

Im not going to voice my opinion on the need for the aug to be cursor loot.

But what Im going to say should be considered imo.

We have killed Naggy twice now and out of 10 drops, we have gotten 5 bags, 2 cloaks, 1 glove, 1 shm weapon, 1 shield.

Please do something to adjust the drop table so the bags are not this common. As everyone knows, this is a limited time event. I dont know how long the event will last, but Im guessing with the adjusted lockout timer, we will see about 6-8 more raids. No one from my guild wants to see 15-18 more bags drop.

Could you at least change the drop table to give 1 cloak, 1 scale, 2 random items, and only 1 bag?

Is that asking to much?
  9. grrrrrrrf Elder

The random factor is good, it makes you happy when the aug actually drop and even happier when you win it, it s how itemisation should be done.

You ve only killed it twice and you re whining because it doesn't drop, if by the end of it it didn't drop you d have a point, but atm you re just brassing air.
  10. Nightops Augur

Im not whining because it hasnt dropped... Im complaining because we have seen 5 bags drop.

I guess you thought with just the mention of the word -scale- , my whole intention of the post was to try to sneak in a suggestion to make it drop more so everyone can get it.

Random factor all you want when events can be raided anytime or with trash killing for the other cloak. But how many people want to see half the drops be the 20 slot bags. Considering anyone can go out and get 16-18 slots for just old world hunter updates or the 32 slot TS bags in the bazaar. If nothing else, make it a 40 slot- fit anything, lore bag and then you have something semi-worthy of a time-limited raid drop.
  11. grrrrrrrf Elder

luck of the draw, we had none, but got 5 shields.
  12. Nightops Augur

Always easy to spot the bull crap in these forums.
  13. grrrrrrrf Elder

bullcrap because your experience differs from mine? welcome to RNG matey.
  14. Roderick Journeyman

You've still not mentioned a problem with not having it. What is the negative? Why is it bad?

Scenario: 8 tanks on your server have an aug that is 10ac better than everyone else.
    Consequence: ???
  15. Kurayami Augur

The bags being 24 slot is being very generous if you ask me, raid only drops about 2 or 3 items you might want anyways, and those don't usually drop. So in a way it makes sense, to have the bags be so utterly useless, because hardly any items worth looting drop!

To all those saying just relax, deal with it, RNG is how it should be, the stats don't matter, you'll manage. What game have you people been playing this last 14 years? If you hadn't noticed, a very big portion of the game is about the item. No one has a problem with horrible RNG odds, on EVENTS that can be requested year round. We get rather grumpy about limited time events though, with the added BONUSES of a missing quest giver + a raid that freezes for some guilds but not others. Justify it however you want, SOE screwed up here.
  16. grrrrrrrf Elder

I agree the bag (which is 24 slot not 20) should be biger considering, would atleast make them 32.
  17. The Drood Elder

Thing is YEARS ago thy said Augs would no longer be put on raid events yet here is prime example!!!
    When they gave us Augs as reword window pop up for first / second Raid wins that was fine Everyone got them.....
  18. boukk_sebilis Augur

And before that, it was different, things changes, get used to it.

Having item you can actually look forward to it dropping is a GOOD thing and there should be more uncommon item that stands out like this, itemisation is really dull lately, this is good step for change.
  19. Edrick Augur

I know one developer can't speak for the entire team, but it would be really swell if we can get some sort of input on this from a dev on behalf of the EQ team. Just an acknowledgement of the player concerns would be greatly appreciated, and if anything is being done, nothing being done, or if its being considered. Thanks.
  20. AliveTank. Journeyman

If something was to be done a dev would already have answered, they already said they cut the replay timer in half to augment the chance of people getting it, you re not going to get more than that.

Item is droping, working as intended, if you want it raid ,and bid like a man :)