Enchanter Pet AAs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ninndar, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Ninndar New Member

I have been away from EQ for about 8 years so I have a question or two. Mainly, do the AAs that enhance your "companion" effect your charmed pets?
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

No. Also, those who have them are dissatisfied with them. Probably best to think of the summoned pet as a minor DoT or trigger for other things like making the tank merc engage.

I have more than 6,000 AAs and I'm almost down to getting the pet AAs, but I have some more Int cap to do first.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  3. Ninndar New Member

Well that sucks
  4. Silv Augur

One of the only pet related AA's that affect charm pets is greater pet hold... which is actually very handy. Aside from that though, yes, it is very disappointing.
  5. silku Augur

Aye, as they said above.. I wouldn't buy them until I had nothing else left to get.
  6. Camou the Persistent Augur

I agree, that most of the AAs for pets are sub-standard.

In level 100, all pet AAs accomplished, using the highest pet on RKIII, it is possible to play in the highest content with the summoned pet. I named it "Nevertank" and consider it usually as tough as a silken curtain would be. In fact, you can use it as a tank, but it affords a lot of healing. Allthough the pet has taunt ability, you have to be very careful to let it hold the agro and not overagro - especially when using damage over time spells your toons agro is immense. What is most embarassing about is the damage caused by the pet which ends up around 1K hits max - nearly nothing.

Regarding charmed pets you can do nothing to enhance them over AAs. Never the less, some important abilities are existing - like summon pet, repositioning pet. If you consider to solo/molo with a charm pet i recommend to have especially the banishment AAs and runes maxed out.

Charmed pets in actual content (heart of fear) are hard to find as you can only use your charm spell on blueish mobs, not on white or higher con. New and worth mentioning is the fact, that your charm spells now automatically provide haste to a charmed creature and it vanishes as soon as the charm spell breaks. This is nice and bad at once: Creatures, which are immune to changes in attack speed are immune to your charm spell, but a formerly via spell spell hastened pet cant your group now if it breaks or worse, in case you die :)

Using the AA for charming pets is only then of sense, when you go for a named mob. Mind that the AA has NO HASTE component (you need to haste the pet then via spell again, and be prepared to get if it breaks) and different to spells you can charm up to white con mobs, even if those are immune to changes in attack speed - which doesnt affect your haste spell at all, which sticks on the immune creature ......

Further: be prepared that certain spells of your merc and group buddies bring any charm to break: Splash heals and heals with a cure component most likely will strip Tash and even sometimes charm will be cured. Especially with a paladin in group you will have a lot of fun, or bards that play invis songs.

cheers
  7. Casidia Augur

You can block annoying spells cast on your Pet, the system has been improved when i last looked...
    check the names of Tash and Charm "curing" spells, and add them to your Blocked Pet Buffs (under Character).

Hmm let me see...Fraught Renewal, Word of Reformation. These should be blocked on your Pet.
    Beastlords also had something annoying, but i cannot remember right now.
    Invis Spells from other classes can be blocked on your chars spells instead.

Edict of Command is also useful for bringing a pet to where you want, if you want to park it somewhere, run to your spot, Stasis, summon Pet..sucks if charm would break meanwhile =p
  8. Mykaylla Augur

Have you taken care of Packrat and Bandage Wounds yet?
    silku likes this.