Is there an affordable way to pay for multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kittoo, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Kittoo New Member

I quit EQ a year or so ago. I remember you used to be able to buy monthly subscriptions with station cash which would go on sale often, so I could get a month's subscription for $7.50 as opposed to $15. I only play EQ if I can box all 4 of my accounts but I don't want to fork over the $60 a month. F2P accounts are not an option because of the restrictions. Am I out of luck?
  2. Artemis-Entreri Augur

12 month option, works out to be $10 / month. Or you could do like others do, an buy krono from other players with the plat you earn. I haven't paid for any of my 3 account for the past 5 months, just been buying krono in game. On Vox server they run around 120-150k each, an give 30 days gold, game time.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Farm enough cash to pick up a couple Krono. That gives you a month sub for in-game plat. That can cut your cost dramatically.
  4. Sebbina Augur

Buying game time with SC ended a year ago, in the main because SOE wanted to be able to continue to have SC sales while maintaining income from gold status. An annual subscription is now about 120 $ per year, but for those who can attract platinum buying Krono for use is the way to go. I expect that there are a number of folk who are able to farm coin and buy the Krono from rich folk who pay $ then sell them in game to get plat, and pay nothing for gold status.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Dabrixmgp Augur

sell PLing for 50k an hour. Get 5 other people and grats in one hour you just paid for a full month playtime on one account.
  6. Quatr Augur

You could also /testcopy your characters to the Test server, where everyone is Gold and has access to all expansions. The downside is that:

1. You have to deal with Test server issues -- stability, bugs, etc.

2. Bazaar selling is extremely limited

3. Server population may not be what you are used to

4. You can't transfer to another server

5. There is no guarantee that "everyone is Gold on Test" will continue indefinitely
  7. Droctrebor Journeyman

I recently did a /testcopy for all of my toons over to the Test Server to make that my new permanent home. I am not sure why more people don't do it. The community is great. Oddly enough, as far as "active" players goes, it only seems to be slightly less populated than my regular live server. Double Experience helps you feel like you have accomplished something when you have a limited time to play and could easily help new/returning folks catch up quickly. The Bazaar is very limited as mentioned up above but the entire dynamic is much different than the live server in the sense that the value of plat is not a ruling factor on Test ..... so alot of equipment is given away or parceled over to those that need it. If you need something and can't obtain it yourself or find it in the Bazaar, you simply go to a Live server, buy it with a level 1 mule and then /testcopy him/her over and deliver the goods.

The only reason I would see Test dropping from the "automatically Gold membership" deal is if the population became that of live servers. Which if it hit that point, no harm no foul, it wouldn't be as if you lost anything and you still would have reaped all the benefits up to that point,. The only difference is you would have to upgrade to Gold just like on Live servers.

The community seems to be very "tight" since it is smaller and I like that. None of the daily bickering I hear on my old server all the time.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Droc
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Quatr Augur

But where would a level 1 mule get the money to buy the items that you need? I suppose if I were to copy all of my characters to Test tomorrow, I would still have 100K (or whatever I currently have account-wide) left on my live server, but unless I played there regularly, I would quickly deplete the balance by buying items, right? Well, unless I were to:

1. Buy items on the live server
    2. Testcopy them to the test server
    3. Sell the original version of each item on the live server and recoup my losses

but selling requires a Gold subscription on at least one account.

Just to be on the safe side we should probably mention that people always talk about the possibility of another character wipe on the Test server whenever this question comes up, but given its history it seems very unlikely, at least without a warning and a window to transfer characters to a live server.
  9. Gnomeland Augur

Whether the devs need a test server is difficult to say, they've argued that they need it in the past. In that case, I don't see them simply making test a live server in the eventuality. But I also don't see a character wipe happening.

Shots are, what's going to happen is that they're going to open /testbuff 100. Nobody's gonna play permanently on a server where there's no value to your effort because everyone's /testbuff 100.
  10. Borek-VS Augur

Loyalty points, provided it's not too much; krono sales via Test platinum otherwise - or so I would guess.

Speculating about character wipes is always what non-Test players bring out when Test starts to sound too good :).
  11. Quatr Augur

I am afraid Silver accounts can't buy bags of platinum from the loyalty vendor.

Hm, I am not sure how that would work. Could you please clarify?

It seems unlikely given the server's history, but I would feel horrible if the OP transferred to the Test server based on this discussion and then his characters were deleted :oops:
  12. Borek-VS Augur

Earn pp on Test, use it to buy Krono - then sell on the server you want to buy gear on. Or just buy the Krono, then sell :).

The character wipe thing is just plain FUD, I'm sorry.
  13. Quatr Augur

But does anyone sell Kronos for plat on the test server? Since everyone is already Gold, why would they buy Kronos from SOE for real world money in the first place?
  14. Borek-VS Augur

In order to buy platinum, like on all the other servers? Or to buy a sub for their play on other servers? Access to Gold status isn't the only reason people play on Test.
  15. Quatr Augur

Well, I am told that plat doesn't mean much on the Test server since you can /testcopy a mule with a million plat every 8 (?) hours, but I guess we'll have to wait for a Test player who knows whether Kronos are sold on the Test server to chime in.
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I think I saw one person selling a Krono on Test one time so far & I play 8+ hours a day 7 days a week & rarely miss a day. I might have missed it when not online which is between 4 or 5 am to noon CST for me but I don't think Kronos are popular at all on Test.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

I can't see a good reason to buy/sell a Krono on test.
    If you activate a Krono you get a month of Gold Membership - and on test you already have a gold membership granted gratis. This kinda moots the value of a Krono on test.
    Now I can see buying and selling a Krono on another server, and then "muleing" all the Plat over to test, sure.
    -R
  18. Toquillaw Augur

For the most part I agree. I could see someone new to EQ wanting to play on Test and trying to sell a Krono for cash on Test because they don't have cash on another server. Sure, we know they can sell the Krono elsewhere and copy it to Test, but that may not be obvious to someone new.

They may also have started on Test, have some cash built up and hope to buy a Krono with it so they can play Gold level on another server. But, who would sell a Krono for plat on Test? Well, the newbie from my point above might. :p

It's an odd thing but two newbies might find it useful.

And, one other thing is if the person is looking to buy a Krono but they only play on Test then they have no cash on a regular server. The Krono's aren't useful on Test, but since they can be used to pay for All-Access to other SOE games it might have value to someone. Just because they get EQ Gold status on Test, doesn't mean they do on EQ2, Vanguard etc.

Me? Well, "I would happily pay someone on Tuesday for a Test server Krono today". Heck, I would even pay for it today.
    Pirlo likes this.