Seventh/Tunare server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spankage, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Spankage Elder

For about 2 years now Tunare takes x2/x3 longer than any other server to log onto (randomly picked 2 servers was about 30 secs to log onto other 2 and ~2min for tunare). When will this get fixed? It's getting a bit ridiculous. I've even brought it up to a dev during beta and he just gave a cheeky response, Also sent PM to several devs a while back. Between the random crashes and 2 min login time it's just silly.
    Rraar, Straahdx, KC13 and 3 others like this.
  2. Falos Augur

the more characters you have on your character select screen the longer it will take to log in to that server., also a newly created character will always log in faster than a character with a pre-existing comprehensive UI.

The older / less advanced someones computer is the more this problem will stand out, this likely is not a very noticeable issue though for someone that say bought a computer in the last year or so or does not have overheating issues.

The crashes are possibly linked to a broken UI component for your main play characters, but i can't say that with absolute certainty.
  3. Spankage Elder

My computer is fine, i used both level 1 chars with no ui, don't have a ton of alts on my account.
    Zyrek likes this.
  4. Zyrek New Member

Tested every server, it's just tunare, been happening ever since the Mayong merge, and it's definitely connected with loading your UI skin. The UI error log actually finishes long before you see the game world so it's just some kind of halt/timeout. Pretty shameful that it hasn't been fixed already. I've feedback and bug reported this a couple times.
    Spankage likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

For what it's worth, I just tested it on an account that has never had a character on Tunare and it took exactly the same time to create a level 1 character and log in as it did on several other servers I tried.
    Tegila likes this.
  6. Explicit Augur

Same thing here as far as slower loading time goes logging in to Tunare.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Mine is super slow on Tunare too. Even on my enchanter account with only 1 char on it.
  8. Brokenlizsard New Member

2-3 min load in time as well on tunare... How many people on other servers with 6 characters on an account have this issue? Maybe they can rename tunare to something witty like slowest server!!!
  9. KC13 Augur

I have full char slots on many servers and only have trouble logging into Tunare. It takes foreverrrrrrr.
  10. Necx New Member

Tunare Has been very long load time.. I have 12 chars each on 2 accounts and it dont matter if the char is naked or not! Just total BS that this sever takes that long to load. If I go to Zek it's quick!!

Why is Tunare Slower then the other servers?
  11. Straahdx Augur

Plz fix. Kthx.
  12. Axxius Augur

Confirmed. Entering the world (from char select) on Tunare server takes much longer than on others (tried Povar, Xegony, Betrox - all about the same times). After the 'loading zone files' progress bar fills up, there is an odd pause on Tunare that doesn't happen on other servers.
    Spankage likes this.
  13. Azimal New Member

I didn't know that this was different among servers. I have only played on Lanys > Seventh > Tunare. I tried other servers and they definitely load much faster. I only have 3 chars on my account that have any time on them.
  14. hakmer Augur

I too know what it's like to load slow on tunare while having normal load times on erollisi marr
  15. Apollo New Member

I load into PvP and Beta like a breeze. Tunare is obviously slower though.

That final pause after everything has loaded that Axxiom was talking about is killer. Sometimes you can linger in that state for upwards of 2 minutes. Granted, not always this severe, it ranges.

Please look into this!!
  16. Erudster New Member

Please fix.
  17. Sariah New Member

Why hasn't this been addressed sooner? It has been a long standing issue members of the community have tried to reach out for help with.

Please take some time to look into this for a server that is still very much alive.
  18. Swone New Member

Been playing for a decade. As another post mentioned, this login change happened a couple years back. It was painfully obvious when it started to happen.

Please look in to this.
  19. Paninaro 7th New Member

I started when EQ started. I left when WoW started. I came back a few years ago right before merger and everything was fine. It has been really bad since the change hit.

Fix pls.
  20. Kubera New Member

Also confirm, Tunare is slower than at least 3 other servers, I didn't check more.