Shaman Heart of Fear class weapon is a JOKE

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Mojoslinger, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Mojoslinger Elder

All the other classes seem to be more useful IMO, same kind of proc but 2ndary focus does DPS or gives mana back, the shamans one does a small heal of the tank while we cast damage spells on the target, we tend to be more busy healing and keeping people alivem I honestly think the 2ndary focus on the Shaman Dreadstine Mystic Spear should be a chance to return mana when healing, would make it slightly more useful
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Pirlo Augur

Not all the classes got a good usable weapon. Shaman were one of them.
    Other classes didn't get anything good either.
    It is what it is.
    Perhaps next expansion the primary's will be better.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Hi, I'm a necromancer. It's nice to meet you!
    Cicelee, Rashari, strongbus and 3 others like this.
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

That focus would make more sense for Shaman.
  5. Naugrin Augur

A lot of classes got shafted....particularly non melee but cant speak for all of them.
  6. Zyrek New Member

As a high end shaman I couldn't disagree more. The absolute worst thing they could have done was added sympathetic mana. I like that they shifted the focus to damage spells, I'm merely disappointed that it doesn't actually augment them or provide additional functionality in any way. If necromancer's get an upgrade to focus dot damage, I'd like to see at least half as much of a dot focus on our weapons.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Raid magicians who equip and use their class weapon actually lose DPS when compared to using the raid 2h weapon from prior tiers.

The only benefit for a necro to use their class weapon could be certain events where you have to control DPS and cannot just chain dots, maybe like Chelsith raid.

As mentioned earlier, unless you are a melee class you probably are not happy with your class weapon. Hopefully whomever created these items will partner with each class representative to determine other possible procs and effects on the weapons.

Personally I do like the concept of my weapon proccing a pet. It is very magician-ish, and somewhat creative than your basic DD proc. However as cool as the idea is, I will never equip it because I would lose DPS if I do. If the DPS is equal to the DPS of my two hand weapon, then I could change. For now, a wall ornament it is.
  8. Sowslow Elder

In case someone on the dev team reads this thread and wants some input for next expansion or something:
    For raids, remote healing proc based of casting detrimental spells is pretty worthless. If I am casting a lot of detrimental spells, it means the healing requirements are low on the encounter. Extra healing is not needed. I don't need mana, so add a dps sympathetic proc or group healing proc.

The DD proc on combat is ok, but like other have said nothing special or overly useful like other class weapons.
    I still like the hhov proc, and it is on most high end raid 1hb but it hasn't been upgraded in a long time.
    For a chase item or special class item, I would rather have a boom stick like there used to be. We are never going to be dps heavy class and a large dd proc isn't going to change that.
    For farm or select encounters, just for fun, I might trade out a hhov 1h for a boom proc.

I can't speak to the group item, it may need a mana proc to help group geared shm, as I think raid shm look for different things than the group shm.
  9. Khoza Augur

As a group shaman, I agree completely with the first part. If I'm doing damage, it's because I don't need the healing, so it's not helping. For DPS, I personally prefer the DoT procs. (I won't use DD procs because they break root.) For healing, if you really want it to be special, maybe make it the raid level healing proc, (or halfway there) with raid being a boosted version. (I'm still using the T1 RoF weapon because it has the heal proc on it, unlike any other RoF weapon I've found.)

For the second part, I can say that group shaman shouldn't be running low on mana, either. So yeah, no mana returns, please.
  10. Mykaylla Augur

If you're unhappy with your class weapon (and let's face it, a lot of people are, or at least underwhelmed), please, sign up for beta, and participate in the board beta discussions.

Last time around, the vocal majority of shaman in beta did not *want* a sympathetic mana return, citing their lack of mana troubles with canni/spritual channelling et cetera. If you don't agree, you have to make your voice heard before they go into design lock... but be prepared for people to disagree (and also be ready for the dissenting opinion to win out- I'd have much rather had heroic agility on my primary, but I know most clerics would want wisdom, and it's not about what *I* want). Someone wanted wisdom on the shaman weapon, but stamina won out.

Input is really needed, otherwise we end up all basically lumped together, when even the three priest classes have very different wants. Take 2handers- it was requested by shaman that there be sympathetic dot procs on 2handers- once again, for not breaking root. As a cleric, I'd hate sympathetic dot procs. I want DD procs on a 2hander, because if I'm using one, I am using divine avatar to melee and I am weaving fast casting nukes in with it as well, and root is moot. I think we both of us would agree in most cases that we don't want healing procs on a 2hander, because going "all healer defensive mode" would mean we whip out the shield and 1handers, but even so, there's going to be someone, somewhere, who just plain likes 2handers for the look, and focuses on healing, who would disagree. That hasn't even begun to touch on druids, either.
  11. Delving_Luclin New Member

AKA you have one of the best weapons in the game easily soloable and requiring no upgrading. How does that help a man with a bad weapon?!