Raid mobs in group content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adept, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is a different kettle of fish, in the mission EVERYONE got credit, with these 2 group/raid mobs only 1 group gets credit.

That is the issue and one that should have been fixed months ago. Simplest fix would be to remove it from the hunter achievement, alternatively anyone who had agro on the mob gets credit when it dies, be that 1 group or 9 groups.

Its the hunter issue people complain about more than the mobs themselves.
  2. Romance Augur

Don't confuse GM's with Dev's. It's not 'always' true.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Devs are human.
    It's easier to say "I'll take it into account for the future" than it is to actually fix the mistake.
    The latter requires more humility and is tantamout to saying "I was wrong".
    Of course raid mobs don't belong in group content.
    The poster that said that "now they have to look everything up" nailed it.
    ie By putting in stuff like this - they lost the "trust" of the player. (and that's never good).
    -Rat
  4. Xirtket Augur

IIRC, they were supposed to remove these mobs from the hunter achievement, no need to quit over 1-2 mobs in the game, ask around for help, those zones are still new so usually there's plenty of people in zone, just do a /ooc and ask for help, I'm sure you'll get a response, and if you don't, there's always another day, those mobs aren't one time only things, they can be spawned over and over.
    Tegila likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

what? hunter is what you do aftery our'e done with everythign else andn eed soemthign to waste time on, not something you do with the precious time you have...makes no sense. partisans and missions give the bestrewards anyway
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

He's focusing on something he thought he'd be able to finish. He'd never get paragon in this expansion.
  7. oogolx Elder

I personally prefer hunter over doing all the tasks/ missions because hunter allows me to do something that is fun to me and I don't have to rely on others to help me like id have to with some of the missions
    Leerah likes this.
  8. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I remember when I was leveling up. There was this huge dragon in Nagafen's Lair. I couldn't beat it with a group. They should have removed it from the zone.

/sarcasm off
    oogolx likes this.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

Not the same thing. A petty comment. He has a case here, these should not count in achievements. Why jump on something and not even have the context of the issue correct, Fatbuk?
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Sebbina Augur

There are too many OCD folk playing EQ who are not seeking and getting Professional help, the only achievements that matter to me are the 5 level announcements and the AA announcements, otherwise I just dawdle along. You came here to have fun and maybe make some friends as well as relax from the real world, -- do it or else, I may have to start haunting your nightmares (if you leave game long enough to sleep). Dawdle me this, what achievements do you really need?
    Azzurri and FatbukSlapmeat like this.
  11. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Sebbina summed it up quite nicely. But, to add to it. Maybe the Big Bad Monsters were put in to generate a sense of community. Forcing those that generally live within their own boxed group worlds to actually interact with the public of the server in order to try to do something that they normally wouldn't do.
  12. CaptAmazing Augur

The only thing she summed up was she only cares about what she only cares about. The rest is just people being OCD.

Again, you do not get that it wasn't the monsters that were the issue, it was them being tied to an achievement and only one group of the two getting the achievement if they do kill it.
  13. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I do get that. Why not ask for help in /ooc or /gu or General or where ever else? There is nothing wrong with asking for help to accomplish a task.
  14. Sinestra Augur

You can use mercs on open world raid mobs.

As for bards gating and necro swift DoTs, if it's not flagged as a raid mob (as this is not) those two would work would they not?
  15. Sinestra Augur

The same could be said for the housing system. People like different things and the Hunter achievement is more like the great quests like the Hand Aug and such. It gives you something to focus on while grinding to take your mind off of grinding.
    Edrick likes this.
  16. Rogue Augur

This topic is about the mob themselves, not the achievement of the second group
  17. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Okay, I posted in bad form and it was deleted. Inc V2.3 revised.

Basically I tried the mob that was mentioned by the OP. I was boxing, and I died to it like 4 or more times at the 30-40% add mark. I ended up looking the mob up and found out that it was designed for 2 groups.

This caused me to ask a friend, who we help back and forth all the time, and 2 guildies to come help me. The DPS went in my group, utility went in the other group. We didn't form a raid so we could use mercs. We easily won with the extra healing and another tank with a real DPS who could switch to kill adds as they popped.

It only took myself boxing, and 3 other real players to beat it. Had I not asked for help, I would have not have been able to beat him until 2 expansions down the road.

You can't classify this as a raid. It doesn't require complex strategies, healing rotations, a tank lineup, over 100k unbuffed hps and at least 9k buffed AC. It is being grossly exaggerated. Yes it's hard. Yes you need some help to do it.

You buy vials of swirling mana, you buy dye, you search the bazaar for collectible drops, you have helped friends with epic raids way back when, you have helped a friend kill a named in Zone_01 that they spawned, you have given gear away to friends alts because you had it-- you have probably even loaned out plat to a friend. All of these instances are where you used someone elses time and help, or, you did something for someone without getting anything in return.

Not everything in EverQuest yields gain. When you set out on a quest, which is really a pretty epic term (think about quests in movies, or old lore, poems, etc...). On a quest you always have parties full of diverse people with a wide range of talents. Your quest is to finish Hunters Achievement. Find your diversity, and I can tell you, you will get the reward.
    Tegila and Azzurri like this.
  18. Tobynn Augur

You required two groups to defeat the mob. The fact that you did not employ the raid window, thus enabling you to specifically bypass the no-mercenaries-in-raid restriction is entirely irrelevant. More than six people were used to defeat the encounter -- you used a raid force to defeat a "group" encounter, as fully intended. Furthermore, as fully intended, half of the participants received no credit for the kill.
    Edrick and Sinestra like this.
  19. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Even 2 full player groups does not constitute a raid.

When epic 2.0's were created, it was a valuable asset for everyone. Even for a while after OoW. Only 1 person every single raid got anything from it. No big deal.

When you kill a named and it drops loot, 6 people were used to kill it but only a single belt is dropped... big deal. Kill it again.

I think that a lot of the subs in EQ really need to lay off the instant gratification they are looking for. To be a thorough EQ player you have to play nice with others. Just because you pay 14.99 every month for X amount of accounts doesn't entitle you to everything the game offers.

There is a thread also running that has to do with the group missions being too difficult so no one can get their class specific weapon. It's just too much! It really isn't. And you can't call that a raid window was bypassed or anything like that because instances only allow 6 in zone, mercs or not. A lot of the missions are more difficult than A Huge Mistake. But groups continually beat them.

Hackers wanted instant gratification too. They wanted all their AA right now without any help, they wanted all the raid gear without any help, they wanted all the augs, to not run across a zone, to not have to play their mage, and 4 wizards running behind them automatically. None of this is right, though some people's skewed perception believe it is.

The perception on this mob is that it is a raid encounter. It is not. It is a group + a little. The right group could do it with just 6. Any time something is not hand fed to players, a lot of the community calls nerf, it's too hard, it's breaking the game, I am going to cancel my sub because (). You're just going to have to accept that not everything is going to be for you if you don't want to be flexible and cooperate with others.

If you do, though, outside of *actual* raid encounters, there's not really anything you can't do.
    Tegila and Khat_Nip like this.
  20. Azzurri Journeyman

Bottom line :

1. Ask a few people for help, either in /ooc or general channel.
    2. Be in the DPS group so you work around the achievement bug
    3. Relax , it's just a game

/thread