Sony: Do you ever reconsider "Design Changes": Please rethink Taskadd Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coruth, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Audigy Elder

Sony did reconsider a Design Change when they took away XP from task add's. I know because I was one the few that asked for it.

Xp = Experience;
    Experience comprises knowledge of or skill of some thing or some event gained through involvement in or exposure to that thing or event.

When I go out with a group of friends I invite ones that are on my level and I fully expect each member to be a valuable part of the team. Some people whine and cry they can't get groups. Well guess what I don't ask people that are experts in task adds and have a paper on there wall bought from Walmart to say they are a doctor.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Taking away the exp from those not in the zone/by the chest when it is open is fine, slashing the exp down to half so it is no longer worth doing the task isn't. Some missions you don't even see your exp bar move.
    Tegila and Sinestra like this.
  3. Smallpox Augur

/agree
  4. Straahdx Augur

Agree also. The only thing I would like to see changed is the xp radius. Instead of requiring you to be within 200 ft of the chest, make it zone wide. So if someone accidentally opens the chest before everyone is next to it, as long as you haven't gated out, you still get the xp.
    Tegila, Sinestra and MrGPAC like this.
  5. Audigy Elder

I can kill a hundred of mobs or I can kill a thousand of mobs my bar wont move 1%. I have to die to gain Xp.

How did I get to this state?

Last few years I tried and do 100% of the content form the expansion and helping others as well. I took advantage of the inflated XP ( par for the course) now I'm stuck on current content gaining nothing.
  6. Leerah Augur

Gorgeous! Thank you. <3

If SOE were really concerned about people getting too much xp, they'd do something about magicians beam kiting.

I enjoyed replaying DON content with guildies knowing that my alt back in the hot tub was going to get XP for it. They nerfed that, they took away OMM xp, they took away RAF xp. It seems as if some people have a voice and some don't. How can I become one of the elite who gets xp bonuses?
  7. EverChanter Augur

Congrats on the fact that you raced to the absolute end of everything in the game...you win EQ. Not everyone feels the burning need to get to a point in an MMO where the only way to gain things is to fail. PM me your address so I can send this cookie.

anyways, I was under the impression that (and many of the end game raiders have stated this when it comes to things THEY want) since it doesn't affect you, why do you care? Oh, that's right...even if it doesn't you feel this desire to impact how others spend their time. I'm so glad there's plenty of people here to dictate to others how they should spend their time, and their money. If a group of people or someone willing to box all the accounts needed to get the tasks are willing to let a character get xp, what's the big deal if they get it in the zone or not? If that's how you really feel, you would have complained about added alts to raids to get flags and rot loot (but I'm guessing you have an alt with all those flags too right?)
  8. Audigy Elder

If you called 6-9 months a race, fine I'll take my cookie. But you fail to get my point. I took in 100 % of the content did it more then once for friends. It's my understanding how the game was expected to be played. I got to the state that I am because high considtrated xp values over a long period of time
  9. EverChanter Augur

That's all I needed to know. You'll sit here and try to influence the game for a vast majority of people when all you do is stuff for you and your friends. Have you stopped to think that maybe the option just wasn't aimed at you? No, instead you came here and complained about how others benefitted from something you think should be removed. You said it yourself, you have a select group of people you do tasks with.

That's fine, that's how you want to play the game. What's NOT fine, however, is how you and others like you feel the need to change how OTHERS might play the game, even if its something you don't do or benefit from. It didn't affect you so why do you care?
  10. Recnarp Augur

It's not about the experience. RoF has practically given out AAs like it's going out of style.

What they want is for you to do the content and play the game their way. People were just getting taskadds for the free flags and experience. They nerfed experience. People still weren't doing them. They added chests. People still weren't doing them. They put huge AAs from achievements after completing them once. People stopped doing them after the first time. They finally decided to lock exclusive gear/augs behind them.

You can see the little cattle prod they're using on us to play the game in a specific way. :rolleyes:
    Tobynn likes this.
  11. Sinestra Augur

To be fair, if they want you to do the content they make and that is why they changed the mechanic, then they should seriously look at selling all the gear in new expansions and the collection quest items.
    EverChanter likes this.
  12. Audigy Elder

Your right a group of guild mates = friends, and I'm not asking for a change
  13. EverChanter Augur

14. Recnarp Augur

I agree. I'm sure they hate designing group missions that no one does more than once. Then again, EverQuest has always been about adventuring through dungeons, finding that mob that drops that item, and killing him. Not doing a mission, saying "Whelp, my stuff didn't drop." and afking for 6 hours. Want more re-playability? Remove that lockout timer (or cut it down severely), match the experience one would get from sitting at a named camp for 'x' duration to a clear of 'x' mission, and for god's sake have them drop group currency you can spend to purchase group items.

Think about it: People farm nameds cause they are getting a) Good Experience and b) an almost 50% chance at the loot they want every time the named spawns.

People don't do missions because a) the experience is crap, b) you have like a 7% chance at your item because 13 drop from the chest, c) the amount of time it takes to complete them vs. a 14 minute spawn cycle of a named.
    Sinestra and Tegila like this.
  15. Coruth Augur

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how you know the person you invite wasn't PLed by a SK, Bard, Magician, Ranger, etc "Selling PL for 50k an hour" is still seen.

The problem isn't "XP for nothing" you still get that via PL and Collections.

There were MORE missions being run and rerun by groups back before the change and more groups. Sure they might sell 1-2-3 spots depending on Mercs they had but there were more groups, back then.
    Sinestra and Explicit like this.
  16. Explicit Augur

This is 100% true.

I'm sure someone will try and argue that it isn't but they won't do so without resorting to strawmen because deep-down they know they're wrong.
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Audigy Elder

"asked" years ago. "asking" this thread now = difference
  18. Kelefane Augur

These days they are are cramming important augs into these tasks making them exclusive to them. That is their stupid way of making us do them over and over.

And yeah, I agree with the OP. Make it the way it used to be. Doing the same task over and over isnt fun at all. At least let us get some monetary value out of them by selling the TAs to someone in general chat or the lobby.