Celebrate July 4th with 40% OFF STATION CASH!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Ashlanne Lorekeeper

We’re celebrating our players this July 4th! For 24 hours*, get 40% off when you buy Station Cash with your Credit Card of Via PayPal.*

[IMG]

[IMG]
    (please note, you will be required to log into your Station Account in order to complete your discount purchase)

[IMG]

Added Bonus!!

Do you have a $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Card? We want you to enjoy the celebration too! Get an extra SC1000 when you redeem your $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Cards on July 4th* only!!

*Offer valid only from 12:00am PDT July 4th, 2013 until 11:59pm PDT July 4th, 2013. Excludes purchases made via SMS
  2. Liliana Augur

Is that 10 in addition to the extra 5 you already get from Walmart cards, so Walmart card would give you a total of $30, or is it 10 instead of the extra 5 you already get for a total of $25?
  3. Ashlanne Lorekeeper

Yes that's correct
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This was not a yes or no question...

"Should I go left or right?"

"Yes that's correct."
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

You will still get the bonus 500 from a WalMart card.

So, if you redeem a $15 WalMart tomorrow, you will get:
    1500 SC (normal)
    + 500 SC (WalMart bonus)
    + 1000 SC (4th of July bonus)
    3000 SC (total)

:)
    Liliana likes this.
  6. Liliana Augur

yay thanks!
  7. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

What if the morons that run every Walmart within 100miles decide they will only carry the $10 card instead of the $15...any love for us?
    Tegila likes this.
  8. Gr8fuldave Augur

So this is so typical for my luck, but I went to Walmart a few weeks ago to load up on 15$ SC cards. They of course were out of them, so I bought the 10$ cards (with 200 bonus SC instead of 500 bonus on the 15$ cards). The clueless guy at Walmart told me that they were only carrying the 10 dollar cards from now on. Soooo, will these not work for any sort of bonus? Only the 15$ cards will get a bonus and not the 10$ cards? I'm guessing so... I wonder if I can return them....
    Emarra likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

10. Tegila Augur

if you buy 10000 sc its JSUT under double..for whatever reason, costs 51bucks instead of 60bucks so thats nice, the bonuses seem to be more the more you buy, like 1000 is 6bucks as expected, 2000 12, 2500 15, but then 50000 isnt 30bucks but 27 and 10000 isnt 60 but 51. jsut in case yall havent looked
  11. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

your math is off.
    45 * .60 = 27 not 30
    85 * .60 = 51 not 60
    There is always a better price to SC ratio at the 5000 and 10000 tier, but the sale is still just 40% off the normal prices.
  12. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

Just redeemed the $10 Walmart card. No bonus. Thanks SOE! Thanks local morons at Walmart!
  13. Gr8fuldave Augur

I just did the same thing. No bonus. Poor me! This is frustrating....
  14. Blurred_Memories Augur

never seen a 10$ card... can you still redeem those for any amount of game time?
  15. Tegila Augur

how is my math off. the sale is 40% off, not 45% off, my point was that theyre getting more than 40% off if you buy in bulk anyway. in the case of buying 10000 it works out to 49% off, double sc is in effect 50% off but with higher minimum purchases. Point stands, you are still getting close to double sc, jsut not required to buy as much at a time and if you DO buy more, you're even closer to double.

not sure about you guys but as a consumer id rather everything be half price, than buy one get one free. if you're shopping for a couch for example, do you want to pay just as much but get an extra couch you don't need? or would you rather actually save money by paying half as much for what you were looking for? when you go to the emergency room and give them your insurance card, do you want that insurance to lower the cost of that medical care, or have them do everything to you twice without changing the price? BOGO promotions are great for businesses, (and WM sc card users lol) but reduced prices are better for consumers so those consumers arent forced to buy more of something than they actually wanted to begin with just to feel like they're somehow saving money.
  16. Ziban New Member

Downside I'm seeing, though, is you apparently don't get the 1000SC bonus for redeeming the cards as gametime, I'm only seeing the option for redeeming them for the SC
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

Darn, didn't notice it was just for 24 hours, ah well.
  18. Geroblue Augur

FreeRealms is the $10 card at the WalMarts local to me. 1000 SC, but buy them at Walmart and get 1200 sc.

The Walmart 1500+500 SC cards have changed. The cashier no longer has to scan them once for price and again to activate them. Just once for both now. Maybe your local Walmarts don't know about the change making it easier on them ?
  19. KC13 Augur

Are the Walmart cards US only? I've never seen them at any Walmarts I've visited here in Canada.