Hero's Forge Armor - Reforged and Better than Ever!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

I feel as if my human plate-wearer has tights on. =(
    I'm top-heavy, look as if I have a floating head, and my manhood has all but vanished.
  2. Tendonslicer New Member

In sum. After having factored in the over advertised, half-enthused effort of the solicitors of this banged up junkyard scrap metal armor look, its just not cutting it. From both an aesthetic level and (ill venture to guess) the reception of the players.

Devs, this is simply a misallocation of resources on your part. Its hardly arguable that this was the most effective of possible options to excite players on something new. I think by simply focusing on allowing more flexibility of the resources available would have worked better. If Clerics would have been able to toggle a cloth look for their breastplates as they wished and if bards could toggle a cloth shoes look to get rid of the plate look of the boots would have really made a lasting impact.

Now the robes look like eskimo coats. No one is asking you guys to reinvent the nostalgia of what a majority of the people came back to the game for. You guys could have just used something familiar and allowed greater flexibility. It would have been a great first step before taking it further into something new that is just creating more problems than it really solved.
    Apollos likes this.
  3. Ishtass Augur

Ah yeah that's nasty. They look a LOT better on Iksars.
  4. Candara New Member

I really like how it looks ;) but my characters with it are Elves so the slimness works for me.
  5. Llorna New Member

The "reforged" armor is still ugly and makes my female barbarian shaman look like a refrigerator. Won't be wearing it. What really annoys me is that SOE linked it to achievements. Given all the different races, I don't understand why Sony didn't tailor it to fit the different races and sexes. The shoulder pads in particular look like some sort of alien bone protrusion. There is no point to this garbage.
  6. Reprisal Augur

Compared to a normal robe it's still a bit bulky, for me.

But to devs, please do add more robes, whether it's all the missing ones (Valiant, Bloodforged, Sylvan, Insidious etc) or some entirely new kinds.
  7. Buktum Lorekeeper

I transformed my bloodforge set on my ogre for about 2 minutes and changed it back. Running around in "skinny jeans" is not my thing. Ugghhh...
  8. NaVi7512 Elder

Opening HF to player studio should help to create more designs and feel pleased to more players.
  9. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

I would like to know as well, as from the pictures shown it seems to only affect the dropped HF items and not those received when you originally buy the HF from the SC.

I have the cloth set on my Wizard and did as described with r-clicking and there was no change. Any chance to look into this? If was replied already do let me know :)
  10. Sinestra Augur

Maybe, but one of the things about the player studio is that the designers get a cut of the profits and they promised us the vast majority of the best HF items would be dropped in game rather than on the marketplace.
  11. boukk_sebilis Augur

good, now lower the price:)
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Axxius Augur

Which set? I want to see that!! :D Got a screenshot?
  13. Therisa Elder

First of all let me say it's a vast improvement imo.

Secondly I have to echo a few things that's already been said. With the plate sets female humans and high elves are a bit too skinny. Female half elves too but to a slightly lesser degree. Mainly the legs around the ankles when viewed from the side, which are toothpicks on all three races. The shoulder pads are still a bit much as well.

Plate armor should have a bit of bulk but I could live with most of it as it is now.
  14. Recnarp Augur

I like the new revamped armor design. Plate may look a tiny bit skinny on females, but not enough to do an overhaul again. The hero's forge plate is just as big as the classic plate, so what's the issue? I'm also a fan of the big shoulderpads, and sorta wish they were a tad bit bigger on some races. (they may just be the old-WoW talking)
  15. Scot New Member

I've tried both the old and the new hero's forge for my human pally. Frankly while the old HF made him look at home only at a Chinese buffet, the new set makes him look anorexic, with a fat head and no neck! Could we not just slightly thicken the new HF for humans? Maybe thin the old HF slightly and that way we could mix and match?
    Lastly, I would love to see some kind of dye option, even just for the basic freebie HF! There are simply some colors that are not available and should be.
  16. Phathom Champion

Post a pic of this. Have you swapped the look in your inventory and then re-equipped it? Just want to be sure because it should be noticeably different.
  17. Phathom Champion

did you pull the item off first and place it in your inventory before you right clicked it?
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The artist at SOE (or perhaps their boss) has a shoulder pad fetish. I find it extremely ugly and I feel it ruins the look of several suits of Hero's Forge armor.

[IMG]

http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=355
    artofnoise and A-Quad like this.
  19. Recnarp Augur

How are these shoulders pads huge? Am I missing something? They look proportional.
  20. Potawatomi Augur

You know what we are missing....Robes...