for those who reverse charm swarm..looking for good lvl 93 mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bhaal, May 9, 2013.

1. Bhaal New Member

Bard is getting close to 94 where i can charm sub lvl 93 and lower. Needs are mobs that dont summon prefer non casting relatively dense any thoughts are greatly recommended.
  2. Vlorg Augur

valley of lunanyn, southern area ( lots of rat and spiders)
  3. Beezelbub Elder

good idea ill have to try it out thanks...any others? Lot of names spawn in that area or no?
  4. Beezelbub Elder

Tried out valley of lun not bad wish so many rats werent higher then lvl 93.
  5. Eviara Journeyman

Beast's Domain is great too, I hunted there loads on my druid. That northern third of the zone, just outside of the fence leading to Argath, has plenty of 93 mobs in it. I suggest hitting it up while 93 or 94 to get a feel for what can and can't be charmed since you'll be able to tell the level with certainty. Mind the domain hunters though, they summon!
  6. Beezelbub Elder

is there an area that isnt so woodsy? i went there and didnt see one but maybe i missed it but i need a small area to be able to run tight circles in to utilize my charm.
  7. Eviara Journeyman

My favorite spots were out near the gorillas just out and to the left when you head out from Argath, and around the path near the Mea Treg camp in the very northwest bit of the zone.

The gorilla area is great because it's open and you can either carve a path into the spawns there, or pull 'em over towards the big gate leading to Argath. An ideal, cramped spot where you shouldn't encounter wanderers is, when leaving the wall from Argath, to go left along the wall to right where the wall meets the rock wall is a good spot. Can pull gorillas, which are charmable, and surrounding wyvern/braxi/whatever, everything in that pretty immediate area should be charmable (not domain hunters though! Learn from my mistaaakes).

The Mea Treg area was where I spent most of my time. There's a path that leads right into the camp with the NPCs, but it's the areas to the sides of the path that are ideal for kitin'. The section across from the gorillas, where there's a nice, bare space, sounds best since it's got a bit of elbow room and doesn't have any trees, or... maybe it has a little tree there but it's easily avoided. Again, mind the domain hunters that wander back and forth on that path.

My final warning warning is about nameds. Thunderpunch, a named gorilla, spawns in the first area I mentioned, as does Slaughter, a named wyvern. Thundercut, a named panther-type thing, spawns in the second camp area, and is a little more insidious in that one spawn point is hidden in a small cluster of shrubs. Another spawn point is smack dab in the middle of the suggested kiting spot. If you don't mind these difficulties, BD is a tremendously good charming ground. :D Cheers!
  8. Eviara Journeyman

Another tip about nameds is that in all my time kiting there, I never saw more than one of any type of named up. At the Mea Treg camp, one of the potential spawn points for Thundercut was at /loc 4, 2655, 1 (just south of the NPC camp). If you're the patient type, you can avoid the other PHs (/locs 107, 2221, 2 [in the shrubs] and -93, 2228, -2 [in the open area]) and just kill this PH until Thundercut spawns, then go charm crazy while leaving the out-of-the-way named alone. :D