Devs: Please Help Berserkers Out

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Behelit Augur

yes it was the aria bug... flurry was introduced on Aria of the Composer which came out in HoT, are you honestly saying berserkers were "dominating" in SoD or UF? we didnt become a "dominant" dps class until the flurry bug, and after it was fixed we've been on a slow decline from extreme stagnation.
  2. Slasher Augur

As far as Elis comments its the direction the dev team wants to take the game I don't agree or disagree with it. I do think designing all raids as sustained dps is the wrong way to take it events should be unique and different.

The second they added flurry to aria it was bugged we posted it and they ignored it saying they were not going to fix it. Look now they fixed it lol. it's not the first time they decided our flurry rate was OP during SOF they nerfed our flurry rate.

I don't know about you forcallen but during SOD zerkers were not OP or top DPS. UF we were competitive but I would hardly say we were OP.
  3. RagePaw Augur

If fatbuk has now main changed as he suggested its no good waiting for him to strike up a conversation with the devs.
  4. Xulore Lorekeeper

yeah, friend called it a fade, his/my mistake
  5. Xulore Lorekeeper

Im going to say, no they should not be, because Zerkers cant do anything but dps, all those other classes have other plus sides to them.
    Bighitz likes this.
  6. Gladare Augur

Jolts also still lower or raise hate even if the ability/spell is resisted so that's really not something you have to worry about.
  7. Kickass New Member

What is sad is a group gear bst will out parse us sustained provided they have the AA. With no support classes we will never compete. And we cannot tank/cc. I still believe the nerf stems from an outcry of people complaining about decap. While Decap itself does nothing for raids. If we cannot, heal, tank, or CC I sure as hell hope we can dps. And at this point we cannot do that near as well as top end wizards. I don't ask for nerfs to anyone I do ask for fairness in keeping our class at least close to the top. Otherwise a Beastlord/Wizzy sounds like a fun main change.
  8. Soleran Journeyman

While decap isn't the end all be all it's still an ability that lets Zerkers roll through lb's and it is a distinct advantage when farming AA's it is a utility ability that isn't mentioned in this thread until now.

That said most the melee classes that get no casting suffer in performance as compared to casters and even hybrids in groups seen through warriors, rogues and zerkers.
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Bighitz Augur

I told i wouldnt respond, but that one got me. I have never held ranger headshot against them, even with decap. we suck at soloing. it hasnt been mentioned by anyone because its not relevant to the discussion. If you want to mention the littel utility we have, mention Cry havoc and aura, but not freaking decap that we get at level 95. Its not like it helps a berserker level up anyway. Its a nice AA to make us grind a lil by our own at high level, something every other class is capable off pretty much...
  10. Bighitz Augur

You havent heard me mention rogue assaination either, because its not utility. Its farm skill. Something both classes lacked, and the reason they got the abilities.
  11. Slasher Augur

lol decap is useless once you get 100 and have 4k AAs. You get like 5% AA a kill in convorteum. Unlike other classes we actually have to take damage waiting to decap we cannot root the mobs in order to throw axes from a range we have no movement speed buff to kite them and no realistic snare on more then 1 mob. Decap is nice, but most of its usefulness is in pling other characters or when you're first starting out and you have low AAs. To say its utility would be stretching it you get 0 use out of it in current content in fact you get no use out of it in content released within the last 3 years.

It does however give you options when a group would rather have a wizard mercs dps over your inferior dps.
    Darktower and Bighitz like this.
  12. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

To go along with Root and Blind, you forgot Damaging Yourself within AE Ramp in order to push a button.
  13. Darktower Elder

Just to clarify a few points...

There was a decent sized exodus of zerks when SoD went live because of what Merloc did to the class. I, along with quite a few other zerks I knew, left the game/class around that time. I wasn't around for UF and HoT going live but yes, we gained back some of those losses we took from SoD.

As far as decap goes. It's pretty much a moot topic now. Any current zerk sitting at max level with 4k+ AA's finds decap to be marginally beneficial. The devs have stated very clearly that there will be no more upgrades to decap so literally, it will go down as a powerful AA farm tool for 5 levels, that's it. AND during that time it never really worked 100% correctly since it had some REALLY wonky proc rates depending on weapon equipped.
  14. Wanjenah New Member

Going to bo bold and make a suggestion, i`ve been playing the zerker for a number of years, lvl 100 over 6k aa. One thing i notice is i am still capable of swinging for 800`s with my ntov 2hs, raid buffed i`m runing over 1200 str but the minimum hits are pretty much the same as when i was lvl 90 and no where near the aa or hstr i have now.
    I dont think raising our minimum hits would affect burst damage too much either but should help with our miserable sustained damage.
  15. Brogett Augur

That was the strategy added to rogues. IIRC it was "Etherium Blades" AA, but I'm not in front of my EQ PC to check atm. It added a proc that adds a flat amount to every piercing hit - 120 I think.

It's still not enough to balance rogue sustained as we're in much the same situation as you, but it's certainly a step in the right direction and at the time it was introduced Etherium Blades was one of our best dps boosts we'd had for a while.
  16. SOE-MOD-04 Augur

Locking this one up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.