New Wiz SoF Spells & AA Questions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Endaar, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Apricots Lorekeeper

envy starting so soon? wizards are a burn class. finally they can do some burning! don't know about other wizzies but being outperformed by hybrids and pet classes is a silly joke, it shouldn't happen, ever. glad it won't now :D
    Highend bers and Pirlo like this.
  2. Crystilla Augur

LOL hardly envy. Well except if he goes splat and tries to put 100% blame it on tanks not doing their job (if he's not managing his end of the deal *grins*). If it kills the mob faster, I'll all for it within reason.

I know wizzies have felt they lacked for a while and am happy the class is enjoying the current changes.

Though, that's just over a 2 min listing there and to still be doing almost 200k dps for a single player at the 2 min mark is a bit on the high side. Think he was testing everything he had there (this is a learning event for us atm so we haven't beaten it).
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's been a few months since I did Vulak, but I believe there is a damage increasing aura during that raid?
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That was only on Beta before Elidroth reduced the damage on it. Crits on Fusion should top out around 460k-ish now.
    silku likes this.
  5. Cmax New Member

That DPS isn't correct, if you take the damage he did and divide it by the length of the fight it doesn't show he did that much DPS in the given time, more likely he stopped nuking at a certain point.
  6. Cmax New Member

Yes there is.
  7. Apricots Lorekeeper

ha, good catch. it comes out to 117k dps, not a very impressive burn at all, which means either the poster altered the dps number or the wizard who linked it did :) either way it's a troll
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It isn't a troll. Gamparse outputs your raw dps, that is, your total damage divided by the time YOU spent attacking the mob. You are talking about averaged dps, which is your total damage divided by the TOTAL time of the fight.

15,843,000 total damage / 198042 dps = 80 seconds he spent nuking the mob, which is about what you would expect to see.

And as Cmax confirmed for me, there is a damage increasing aura on the event as well, so not all of that DPS is from him alone.
  9. Apricots Lorekeeper

I see, I don't usually parse myself, just go off of our melee parsers, they seem more accurate. My highest is 158k on 108s with fire raid focus, no gloves yet so 200k sounds high, guess it depends on how much the aura from the drake corpse adds. I could also see a very lucky string of arcane fusion procs creating unnatural parses sometimes.
  10. Aztaar Journeyman

That was actually my parse and it was only for the first 1:30 as you can see. That is what we were talking about in fellowship, what I could do in that time frame.
  11. YAZZ New Member

Force of flame/ice are both on different timers than FoW ?
    So what we should do is make 1 spam-click button for mashing while we wait for spell gems to cooldown amirite?
    Could someone that is macro savvy post this for us? unless of course its not a good idea. Also is force of flame influenced by our buffs/focus effects etc? can it proc Pyro?
  12. Moop New Member

Yes, Force of Will, Force of Flame, Force of Ice are all on different timers. Force of Flame does not proc Pyromancy.

My setup is as follows:
    1) Claw of the Flamewing, rk. II [Cast whenever up, except when GoM proc or on burn. Will cast at end of twincast time or counters]
    2) Nuke button [Mash when Claw not ready and no GoM proc]
    /alt act 1154: Force of Will
    /alt act 1266: Force of Flame
    /alt act 1267: Force of Ice
    /alt act 15073: Banestrike
    /cast 10: Cloudburst Thunderbolt, rk. II
    3) Incinerate button [Cast on GoM proc, twincasting, or on burn]
    /cast 5: Ethereal Wave
    /cast 6: Ethereal Incandescence, rk. II
    /cast 9: Ethereal Hoarfrost, rk. II
    4) Cloudburst Thunderbolt, rk. II [occasional use]
    5) Telanaga [sees some use on multiple mobs or on mob arrival in camp, helpful on incoming to separate some mobs]
    6) Skullfreeze [lead with this when aggro is an issue]
    7) Concussive Salvo [usually a last ditch effort when Hole In Space, Mind Crash and Concussive Intuition are down]
    Other spells on bar - Bucolic Harvest, rk. II, Twincast, rk. II, Armor of the Stonescale
  13. Apricots Lorekeeper

Is it just me or is there no R2/R3 of Ethereal Weave? I went and turned in a mote and it's not an option
  14. Cmax New Member

I have Ethereal Weave Rk. 3 on Drinal server. Are you turning in a Glowing (100) Rune?
  15. Apricots Lorekeeper

yup, ill go try it again, very odd

edit: ugh i'm an idiot, it comes with the vortex spell but my window was scrunched so i couldn't see it. got it now lol, thanks :)
  16. YAZZ New Member

Thanks Moop for the casting setup and mashing macro. However, do you not ever use gosiki's fire, it does solid damage and for small mana, also has the ability to proc pyromancy and more importantly arcane fusion, it makes constant casting more sustainable. What is the reason for casting cloudburst?
  17. Moop New Member

I tried Gosik's Fire in the past when I was using a different setup and it didn't quite fit in (was using 0.8 cast time spells like wildmana to trip GoMs). However, I think you bring up good points and it may be time to include it, especially with another rank of Quick Damage.
    Cloudburst was in there because it is instant cast, however the "root" drawback is really not helping so I have switched back to the 99 fire instant. Even if it is less damage, it is far too handy to be able to cast it while running (and keep running).
  18. Moop New Member

Arcane Destruction is pretty craptastic now.
  19. Apricots Lorekeeper

It was a 3 minute invincibility buff before, and needed to be fixed.. I don't think the 200k rune should be a part of the charges, it should put that as a separate buff, because 200k is nothing with today's aoes.
  20. Highend bers New Member

Why would envy start? no one has mentioned envy. but you seem to think you own class is overpowered from your comment lol... that is noted.