EverQuest: Rain of Fear Celebration Sale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]
    In honor of the launch of EverQuest’s 19th expansion, EverQuest: Rain of Fear, we’re having a sale!

From November 30, 2012 until December 2, 2012 celebrate the launch of EverQuest: Rain of Fear with some very special deals!

• All Mounts 50% Off
    • Additional Mercenary Slots 50% Off
    • 4 Big Bag Bundles, each with a pair of Big Bags for the price of a single bag!

Don’t wait too long; this sale won’t last past December 2!

Thank you, and enjoy Rain of Fear!
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

The merc slot sale will actually come in handy for me on my 95 bard. She could use a cleric merc now since my 96 wizard's one is pretty much useless for the time being...
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

*crosses fingers Siren poly goes up tomorrow too*

My life-long dream (since TBS) must be fulfilled!
  4. Mintalie Augur

Hurray! Need some big bags. This is great. Also could use an extra merc slot for funzies. Thanks, SOE!
  5. Piestro Augur

Do the bard's mercs get added to "Mary Poppins' Girls"?
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Pfft, no. They go on the merc wall.

The Girls are RL female players not fake computer toons. What the hell kind of weirdo do you think I am? (Don't answer that)

P.S. You really aren't going to change my name, are you? At first I thought you were just joking about refusing to change it, but it's kinda been a couple months now... Plus you really do seem to be enjoying yourself a little too much when calling me "Mary Poppins" every chance you get.
  7. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

"4 Big Bag Bundles, each with a pair of Big Bags for the price of a single bag!"

That is the same as 50% off, just has a minimum purchase requirement. BUT, the pricing in the Market place is not 50% off. SOE needs some simple math lessons. If something was 4500 for two yesterday and is now buy one get one free the cost should be 2250 not 2500 like the list on Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack. The other three are similarly mis-priced. In real world money, which this is since you buy the station cash, this is considered an illegal sales pitch. Surely this is a mistake and SOE will correct the error and refund anyone that didn't do the math.

Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack should be 2250 for 2 not 2500
    Journeyman's Rucksack should be 1950 for 2 not 2200
    Traveler's Rucksack should be 1600 for 2 not 1800
    Weapon Crate of the Mercenary should be 1350 for 2 not 1500
  8. Barton The Mischievous

Actually I believe the pricing is correct its just kind of confusing as you are seeing the old discount price for buying the 2 pack bundle.
    Normally A single Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack is $25 and normally if you buy 2 they give them to you for $45 a $5 discount.
    This sale has buy one bag for the regular price get one free. The regular price is $25 for one but the discount price for buying 2 is still showing above at $45 making it a little confusing
  9. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

You may be right Barton. It's just hard to tell since the Rucksacks aren't showing up in the normal list right now. But what you say is true of the Crate for sure. Definitely a little confusing at first glance!
  10. Savagefist New Member

I just went through the entire list of items and did not see the option to buy any mercenary slots. Anyone know anything about this?
  11. Geroblue Augur

Look under Services in Staton Cash for Mercenary Slot.
  12. Levtov New Member

I am interested in the mount that not only adds to a player's stats but has a quest to further enhance the stat boost it gives. I think the boost is from a familiar that is the quest reward. Does anyone know what mount that is and if it is more than one mount that has the quest?
    I was hoping to get one now that it is on sale.
    Also, do you have to buy the mount on the toon that you want it for or can you be logged into any character and then use the /claim command later to put it on that toon? If you can buy it on one toon and claim it on a second would the same work for buying two of the same mount and then claiming them on different characters later?
  13. Geroblue Augur

Whatever toon is logged in and buys the mount, it goes to that toon. Unless it is Heirloom. Then you can move it around. I haven't looked at the mounts, so I don't know if any are heirloom or not.
  14. Mintalie Augur

Loved this sale, bought several big bags. Thanks, SOE.
  15. Geroblue Augur

I bought some bags to. Great idea !