Rain of Fear ToV LIVE on AB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genadine, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikestab Elder

Seriously though how does stuff like this happen. When we push code live at work it has to stage through so many checks and approval gates, and we are a small company. There has to be some measure of control there,
  2. Trevor Elder

The way Piestro and other employees paint it, seems like there's 10 or less people working on EQ.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Is there an official stance on this? It seems blatantly obvious this was not yet supposed to go live, but I can see people in there from another guild on my server, so, not everyone is going to be able to resist the temptation. Its pretty absurd, not sure how this kindof thing makes it through a quality check if there are any, anymore.

Will be interesting to see if they choose to do a rollback and see who all screams about the fact they topped off their xp bars, etc, and then gets set backwards because some other people couldn't stay out of ToV.
  4. CaRnon Augur

Well if they are so willing to take advantage of a obvious bug in game they deserve to loose the loot and the exp they waste abusing this... I just hoppe they dont get actual credit for server first kills on these mobs as they are aparently single groupable atm and not even susposed to be there.

That or would love to see the loot be cloth hats or something else totally useless.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is probably pretty easy for like this to make through QA. I'm not a tech savvy guy but I don't think there are big red letters flashing across QA's screen saying hey, there a raid going out to live that shouldn't be. It probably never crossed their mind to try and zone into every raid/group instance in RoF prior to releasing the patch.
  6. Qulas Augur

This is not intended, I'd expect it to be fixed soon.
  7. Ommina New Member

Oh yeah, sure this is intentional. And those vendors in PoK selling tradeskill items? Yeah, they're intentional too.

I'd love the upgrades, I would. But I'm not going near this until I'm visited by the ghost of NToV past who tells me "It's ooookaaaay. Also, wooo!". Or a red name here saying the same thing. But the ghost would be kinda neat.
  8. CaRnon Augur

so any word what they are gone to do to the people already in the zone killing dragons?
  9. Xnao Augur

I knew I should have quoted your original post!
  10. Trevor Elder

What vendors in PoK?
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

+1 would love to see that happen. :)
  12. CaRnon Augur

Same here.. I copyed it to quote and then boom. he changed it...

13. Falos Augur

The first version of these ToV raids did not have lockouts, as in you could beat the dragon on beta, drop instance, grab new instance and get a full repop of dragons. Given the fact that the easy mode versions of these dragons are on live at the moment i'd also wager the lockouts are non-existant.

Hope no one is dumb enough to chain farm the dragons lol.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Oh you know there are people dumb enough to think this was intended without some kind of announcement from the EQ team. I look forward to their whinefest when it gets nerfed and they get rolled back.
  15. Ommina New Member

Sorry, I guess I should not make assumptions about the "playing since" time of my readers. Or, at least, their memory.

I was referring to an incident several years ago, in which a beta vendor appeared in PoK, selling tradeskill items. Subsequently, any character that purchased from the vendor, along with any character that traded with somebody who purchased from the vendor got rolled back.

Presumably something similar will happen here. If not a full rollback, at least the items to be plucked from existence.
  16. CaRnon Augur

2 guilds on our server are in there atm.. were staying way clear of there as a guild. but apparently other guilds are jumping at the bit to get their dragon loot... /snicker. cant wait for the floods of posts about why their loot was removed.. OR the posts complaining about "why was the loot NOT removed" either way should make for some good reads over the holiday weekend.
    Geroblue likes this.
  17. Trevor Elder

Can't people just exploit the anticipated rollback by putting platinum in the shared bank?
  18. Retrievil Elder

Worst thing that could happen is rollbacks or getting the items removed. With the amount of people doing it, I wouldn't be surprised if they just left it alone.
  19. Xnao Augur

Then we, upstanding EQers must RIOT.
  20. Falos Augur

The top 3 guilds on xegony all seem to be avoiding farming this zone, though it wouldnt surprise me if there were some anon box crews or something (unrelated to raid guilds) that were out there farming it because it literally is that easy. I personally will be avoiding it though.
  21. CaRnon Augur

Well I guess we know one guild whos jumping at the chance to cheat... so if enough people cheat it makes it ok to cheat?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.