Suggestion box: bazaar search needs a filter to exclude ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Xslia Elder

I'm finding it frustrating to search for gear due to the flood of ornaments. There a couple of items I'd love to exclude from my searches when needed - one and the primary one is ornaments, the secondary one is all the cut gems.

Would love to see some sort of filter or keyword exclusion go into the bazaar search screen.

thanks!
  2. Moklianne Augur

I second that!
  3. Tobynn Augur

Needs a filter to exclude augmentations -- which would include the landslide of Hero's Forge junk. By filtering out augmentations, the thousands of player-made jewelcraft augs would also be filtered out.

Always fun to search by slot and have to scroll and scroll and scroll trying to pick out an equippable item amidst the ocean of augs.
    Diptera likes this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Keyword exclusions are not the answer; something more along the lines of what Tobynn said would be better but instead of it being specific to augmentations it should be an exclude check list which lets you exclude several different things: augments, armor by slot, components, etc.
    As far as the issue of searching for augments without running into the flood of ornamenations; for that they need a checklist for inclusion, my suggestion from another thread (may have been on the Beta forums) was that they add a checklist for augment type in which you can choose to include or exclude certain augment types from your searches. This would allow you to search for a specific augment or search for a specific armor piece in which your augment will fit.
  5. Zemi New Member

I would like this too. But, for those of you that are only having problems looking for armor. You can click the drop down box that has the weapon types etc. in it and select armor. This will exclude ornaments and augmentations from the search.
  6. Geroblue Augur

How would I search if I want to find augments ?
  7. Velnarin Lorekeeper

What really depresses me is how hard it is to search for weapon/shield ornaments anymore. You have to know the exact name most of the time because if you search for 'ornament' you get 200 Hero's Forge results and nothing else even if they're there. So along those lines all ornaments, even unfired ones, should be given slots if they don't always have them... so at least if looking for weapons/shields you can search 'ornament' by slot. I'll feel mighty silly if that's already how it is but I recall it not being so, or I was having a derp day.