Autonomous Brokering in Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]
    The Art of the Deal
    Players have long requested the ability to sell items while they are offline, and with EverQuest: Rain of Fear this will become a reality!

Brokering while offline couldn't be simpler with this feature upgrade! Simply set up your broker as you normally would, making sure to have correct pricing on all of your selections, and then click on the new button in the trader interface labeled “offline mode.” If you prefer to use command lines, we've got you covered; the command “/offlinemode” will have the same effect.

Using this button (or command) will log you out of EverQuest, but your trader will remain active. Any sales made during this time will work normally, and you’ll be happy to log back in and find freshly delivered piles of platinum on your character!

I’m Buying 500 Shares of Antonica Steel!

We’re not stopping at sales though; EverQuest: Rain of Fear also includes a number of improvements on the purchasing side! For the first time ever, players will not need to be in the Bazaar to see what items are available for sale (and at what price). Instead the /bazaar command will be usable anywhere in Norrath and display the items for sale in the bazaar as normal.

In addition to the traditional method of purchase directly from a seller, those who have Rain of Fear will also be able to buy items from anywhere in Norrath! Simply search for an item as you normally would using the bazaar menu, then click on the item you’d like to buy. After purchase, two delivery options will be available: delivery to the nearest parcel vendor (available for a modest fee* in game coins), or expedited delivery (via our new Expedited Delivery Vouchers** available in the Marketplace) which delivers the item straight to your cursor.

All in all, commerce in Norrath is about to receive a huge update!

*Currently the fees for parcel delivery in our Beta Test are set at 10% of the cost of the item being purchased, but this is subject to change.
    **Expedited Delivery currently requires two Expedited Delivery vouchers, subject to change.
    Cakvala likes this.
  2. EverChanter Augur

So, let me see if I understand this right (I'm sure I do)
    In order to use the offline trading, we need to buy Rain of Fear, correct?
    THEN, in order to use the expedited delivery vouchers, we need to purchase something additional from the marketplace for more real life money?
    AND, each expedited delivery currently costs two (2) vouchers for each item?
    Orablast and Dzarn like this.
  3. Ommina New Member

The marketing people must be howling with laughter right now. "We only said you could purchase from anywhere in the world, we didn't say anything about it actually getting to your character after the purchase. For that, you need to pay extra!"

Ya know, I love this game. But some of the business decisions that go along with it sure strike me as pretty slimy.
    Orablast likes this.
  4. EddieP Lorekeeper

who's surprised? Anyone?
    clark53 and Geroblue like this.
  5. EverChanter Augur

The only thing that surprises me about it is; in every MMO I've EVER played (since 2000), Sony is the only one that's going to charge us extra money just to get the items we buy to us! I imagine this will change after being live for a while, being that I can't imagine anyone spending an exponential amount of real cash just to have items sent to them when they can just go to a parcel vendor and pick it up. It's a really crappy move to try and make money on something so basic as that, being that you have to spend money in order to get the option to use it.
    Orablast and Vouivre like this.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

I am a little, actually. Paying a premium for immediate access is expected, but I thought there would be a third option to hold the thing for you for free while you hoof it to the bazaar.
    Geroblue and Vouivre like this.
  7. Ommina New Member

After the guild halls last year, I suppose I shouldn't be.

Now I find myself wondering if there will be a SC charge to actually hang the "Painting: Shards Landing" on the wall.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

Dude... don't give them ideas.
  9. Hekaton Augur

So we have to buy the expansion to get this feature, than pay more to use it? whatever floats your boat i guess
  10. Jmac Elder

So if I have a character in offline trader mode, will I be able to log in and play a different character on that same account and the offline trading character still be selling stuff?
  11. EverChanter Augur

I don't believe so. From what I understand of it the player is still logged into the game, which locks you out from using another character on the account.
  12. Caudyr Augur

Yeah, from what I read before I think the intent was for it to log that trader out if you log onto another character...though I dunno if that's actually how it'll work. I know they mentioned it's being done in such a way that people will be able to log off and trade...but won't be able to trade while they play w/o setting up the trader manually in the bazaar. ^^
  13. Dega Elder

Well that kinda renders that feature useless then, one will still only be able to have a trader up when you are not *playing* Though I guess it will save some on the electrical bill for those who actually turn the computer off...
  14. Nolrog Augur

I would venture to guess that's most of the time for a large number of people. Even if you play 8 hours a day, that still leaves 16 to have the broker up. This should dramatically increase the number of items for sale.
    Bauer likes this.
  15. Vuncar New Member

I knew from the very first announcement that this delivery feature was the next cash-grab scheme. Forgot who was pitching this feature during the webcast, but that person was obviously uncomfortable with it, stumbling for words trying to avoid saying this will cost you extra cash IRL.

I anticipate the overwhelming majority of the playerbase will balk this purchase delivery nonsense. Always nice to see so much time and effort being expending developing garbage.
    Orablast and Vouivre like this.
  16. Diptera Augur

Regarding the purchasing side, whilst the global /baz visibility would be handy, I think I'll just stick with my current system of having a boxed toon camped in the bazaar to go make the actual purchases for me.
  17. Tordail Elder

Great idea in offline trading and really something sorely needed for EQ, IMO ... but really awful implementation. It is absurd that people need to have RoF to use it; far worse that you've squeezed in a RMT for cursor delivery. I'm disappointed, though not surprised.
    Orablast likes this.
  18. Shang Augur

hahahahaha

Pure gold right here.. Pure gold.
  19. Jmac Elder

Am I remembering correctly that in EQ2 you could set up your items to sell from your house and go out and play on that same character while your stuff is selling? It made game play a lot smoother, was nice to just log off and not have to run around and spend time gettin your trader set up.
  20. Kinadorm Augur

The purchasing feature seems fairly useless unless you plan to spend extra money buying delivery tokens. You can get to the bazaar just as easy as you can get to a parcel vendor. They took a good idea and then ruined it to make a few extra bucks on marketplace tokens. It is just more wasted development time that could have been spent on something that benefits everyone.

Delivery to the parcel vendor should be free and the ability to have the item sent directly to you should be available through in-game currency.
    Vouivre and Orablast like this.
  21. Trajet D'Or Augur

Does /baz in any zone require Rain of Fear?