Zinth's Recent Activity

1. Zinth replied to the thread What is a good AC in the underfoot era for tank?.

AC buff + Symbol + druid skin = more than the "temp" line from clerics...

Feb 1, 2024
  2. Zinth replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

that too but that just proves my point even more ;-) used to play with a (back then many years ago) 54 yr old that played cleric

Feb 1, 2024
  3. Zinth replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

Exactly... How old do you think EQ players are that played it as teenagers+ in 1999? (note we are in 2024 now)

Feb 1, 2024
  4. Zinth replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

they have always been viable, they just haven't been "THE BEST"... suck it up... Rogues are as they have always been... Want to be THE...

Feb 1, 2024
  5. Zinth liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread What is a good AC in the underfoot era for tank?.

Cleric buffs are not the only ones that add AC to a player.

Feb 1, 2024
  6. Zinth replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

Phinny was thriving at the same point in time as Oakwynd is in... really miss that server... the FIRST to have AOC's it was such a...

Feb 1, 2024
  7. Zinth replied to the thread New server idea.

set up an server... then go have fun there... simple

Feb 1, 2024
  8. Zinth replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

what roleplaying in palworld? lol... the gameplay is super shallow and dull but it has plenty instant gratification... no challenge...

Feb 1, 2024
  9. Zinth replied to the thread What is a good AC in the underfoot era for tank?.

shield?

Feb 1, 2024
  10. Zinth liked Iuwene's post in the thread Not A Bug certain windows always on top.

It will be fixed when ALL UI elements are migrated to the new UI. When this will happen, noone knows. Until then you have the option to...

Feb 1, 2024
  11. Zinth liked Andarriel's post in the thread Not A Bug certain windows always on top.

At the rate the new ui is coming out ill say a few years. I had to turn there new ui off as i got tired of having to redo my ui scale so i...

Feb 1, 2024
  12. Zinth replied to the thread Not A Bug certain windows always on top.

well guess it shouldn't surprise me they launch unfinished stuff, will have to look into disabling that crap next time I login... how...

Feb 1, 2024
  13. Zinth replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

if we are going back to basics then two standard servers without truebox... since truebox is NOT classic everquest...

Feb 1, 2024
  14. Zinth replied to the thread When does the Tides of Time February events start?.

then expect it to be added there... eventually

Feb 1, 2024
  15. Zinth posted a new thread.

Not A Bug certain windows always on top

can we please fix it so we can turn off the "always on top" it's annoying as all h€ll... Example A: Target of Targets Target window is...

Forum: Resolved

Feb 1, 2024
  16. Zinth replied to the thread When does the Tides of Time February events start?.

in february... have you looked in the ingame calender?

Feb 1, 2024
  17. Zinth liked fransisco's post in the thread Idea for a raid.

And this is why group content in group gear is actually more difficult than raiding is nowadays. Port somewhere, burn for 3 minutes...

Feb 1, 2024
  18. Zinth liked Anjanax's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

So, i did a quick math: By the start of the next beta you should have done around 280-282 raids. this will net you 6660 currency for...

Feb 1, 2024
  19. Zinth replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

We got 2 "different" servers once... that the people that launched it had no clue what was "casual" and what was "hardcore" is a whole...

Feb 1, 2024
  20. Zinth liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I remember it wasn't that long ago that people complained that to many items dropped and loot took to long. They also complained that...

Jan 31, 2024
  21. Zinth liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

And you will get all the drops you need in time just as we did last year.

Jan 31, 2024
  22. Zinth replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

can pretty much afk pick the lock in Befallen... guess you forgot that... and isn't there also a bank door in freeport? been a while...

Jan 31, 2024
  23. Zinth liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

And that is one of the reasons they added raid currency and vendors in so that if a raid force gets unlucky and an item never drops...

Jan 31, 2024
  24. Zinth liked Knifen's post in the thread Idea for a raid.

We have enough problems getting 12 people to run to the raid to set the banner consistently, I don't think id want to count on these...

Jan 31, 2024
  25. Zinth liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I think you are not remembering things as it isn't always the case that an item being from the best tier of loot is desirable and it...

Jan 31, 2024
  26. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

nah it wasn't awful back then and instancing fixed the "multiple guilds" raiding the same stuff to make it a non-issue... and it was an...

Jan 31, 2024
  27. Zinth replied to the thread A Parser's Request: Agnarr Arena Training Dummies.

or just /testcopy and then go there and test to your hearts delight but that would of course take some effort

Jan 31, 2024
  28. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I probably play LESS than you... LOL yeah we definetly need 100% guaranteed BiS... it better be a BiS in claim at each login else it...

Jan 31, 2024
  29. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

71% of the raids gave loot (on average) that is far above "half" 14 raids. 10 loots... 14 raids with 7 loots = 50% 3 loots more is "almost...

Jan 31, 2024
  30. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

well someone did, maybe not you thought... 14 raids = 10 items 0 loots = 6 Raids 1 loot = 6 Raids 2 loot = 2 Raids 3 loot = 0 Raids...

Jan 31, 2024
  31. Zinth replied to the thread Throwing Skill range.

begging... Hotbutton: /attack off /doability # /attack on done... # = the number where the skill is placed in your ability window......

Jan 31, 2024
  32. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Kinda sad to see the BiS or not worth it mentality... The insta-gratification demands etc. "omg I don't get loot every week" reminds me of...

Jan 31, 2024
  33. Zinth liked Windance's post in the thread Refund?.

If you really wanted to fix the game on your machine you'd try the suggested work "fixes". Instead your post makes it sound like you...

Jan 31, 2024
  34. Zinth liked Spellweaver's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Not being rude with all due respect if people want to do naggy/vox in 2 to 3 days let them i have been in a guild that has done it on...

Jan 31, 2024
  35. Zinth replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

every yeah "someone" is "penalized" when the TLP doesn't give them 100% what they wishes for... most of them have been fast/superfast...

Jan 31, 2024
  36. Zinth replied to the thread Refund?.

He probably haven't updated the driver since he bought the computer

Jan 31, 2024
  37. Zinth liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread DX11 changeover "misery" /claim idea.

The DX11 upgrade, though the launch wasn't what anyone had hoped, will bring some significant (and hopefully) well-received changes to...

Jan 31, 2024
  38. Zinth replied to the thread DX11 changeover "misery" /claim idea.

you want "freebies" for this nothingburger? did you experience early EQ? the Luclin Launch is quite memorable but there are many other...

Jan 30, 2024
  39. Zinth replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

So if you want longer lockouts you should play on a server with NO lockouts (Live) or with a crippled server with an "old" economy...

Jan 30, 2024
  40. Zinth replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

aye, I still have it ON since it better in all the other zones... but there are still some buggy textures in certain places... and no I...

Jan 30, 2024
  41. Zinth liked Laronk's post in the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

I do want to add though that trading manually while a pain in the rear really does add to the community feel.

Jan 30, 2024
  42. Zinth replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

parcels are free ;-) and just stand by the parcel dude and use the chat channels to sell... ppl send payment, you send the goods......

Jan 30, 2024
  43. Zinth replied to the thread Will there be an update soon for bugs recently?.

usual patch day each month

Jan 30, 2024
  44. Zinth replied to the thread Refund?.

I havbe a 12100 (non-f) aka integrated... it could run EQ just fine... I do run with a 3060ti now though which has ZERO issues 6boxing...

Jan 30, 2024
  45. Zinth replied to the thread Report for Spam Messages does nothing?.

dunno you think they magic them out of nothing? they were sold by DPG so they made money on them... and the 100+ kronos I bought ingame...

Jan 30, 2024
  46. Zinth liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread Report for Spam Messages does nothing?.

I haven't seen PL spam in a few days. It's because I keep my ignore window open, and as soon as I see someone spam, I add them to the...

Jan 30, 2024
  47. Zinth liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread Report for Spam Messages does nothing?.

You have an unlimited ignore list, I suggest you put it to use.

Jan 30, 2024
  48. Zinth liked Fenthen's post in the thread Refund?.

Maybe for you, but definitely not for me. That makes this a you-problem, not a game problem. Are the problems widespread? Yes. But they...

Jan 30, 2024
  49. Zinth replied to the thread Refund?.

easy to hear you weren't a gamer back in the 90's lol... which gen are you? because the "I won't do anything, it just needs to work"...

Jan 30, 2024
  50. Zinth replied to the thread Very minor trader-mode changes that would have big impacts for sellers.

just parcel stuff from your main/alt that is what I do... each time I unload I sell there, then swap tab and parcel the rest to the...

Jan 30, 2024
  51. Zinth replied to the thread Very minor trader-mode changes that would have big impacts for sellers.

that they still don't want them tradeable? and people can trade other bags so it shouldn't be a problem for people to use other bags if...

Jan 30, 2024
  52. Zinth replied to the thread Very minor trader-mode changes that would have big impacts for sellers.

but still it does... every new TLP have the same "issue"... so they see no reason to change it, since if you want tradeable you can...

Jan 30, 2024
  53. Zinth replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

uhm... NO THANKS!

Jan 30, 2024
  54. Zinth replied to the thread Looking for a TLP to play on.

would definetly wait to May if I were you... fool around on FV server until then and get a feel for it so much apparently went wrong with...

Jan 30, 2024
  55. Zinth replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

I have zero issues with the game being "dark" and no gamma slider isn't an issue... what is an issue is the blindingly BRIGHT...

Jan 30, 2024
  56. Zinth liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Thank you. Yes, I'm drafting such a guide for AMD, Intel and NVIDIA adapters, with screen shots from Windows 10 and 11. I expect to...

Jan 30, 2024
  57. Zinth liked theonepercent's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

The setting they used for windowed gamma under dx9 literally does not exist in dx11.

Jan 30, 2024
  58. Zinth liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

No, Test is ahead of Live in regards to those two DX11 fixes.

Jan 30, 2024
  59. Zinth replied to the thread Suggestion: Bring back account to account transfer.

they don't want ppl to sell chars... but who cares? if those sold chars are then picke up and played by other/new players it is still money...

Jan 30, 2024
  60. Zinth replied to the thread Very minor trader-mode changes that would have big impacts for sellers.

ancient "lore" behind that if you will... not everyone had Luclin back then and it was big bags with giant size capacity, so to prevent...

Jan 30, 2024
  61. Zinth replied to the thread Very minor trader-mode changes that would have big impacts for sellers.

actually commas are an american thing most of the rest uses 1.000.000,00 for 1 million and zero "smaller denominations" where american...

Jan 30, 2024
  62. Zinth replied to the thread Refund?.

oh? playing it just fine here... what is the issue?

Jan 30, 2024
  63. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

there are plenty of them, we had expansions with little warrior weapons (dunno the names since I was not warrior) then we lacked other...

Jan 28, 2024
  64. Zinth liked Eaedyilye's post in the thread Post your Box... and why you like it. (Min 3 toons).

I box 4 mages and an enchanter. Boxing renewed my enthusiasm for EQ. I play continuously all year long now. I haven't done that since the...

Jan 27, 2024
  65. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

ah we have gotten to the insta-gratification crews playing EQ these days, gotcha... when we old timers played EQ it was uphill in 10' of...

Jan 26, 2024
  66. Zinth liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

The gear is still an upgrade and can be used but people have decided it isn't worth it.

Jan 26, 2024
  67. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

that doesn't really matter... raids have always been random... maybe something you want drops and you "bid" on it (or whatever system...

Jan 26, 2024
  68. Zinth replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I am sure there were OTHER drops... just no ores?

Jan 26, 2024
  69. Zinth liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread EQ DX11 on iGPU?.

LOTS of my guildmates run iGPUs. The good news is CPUs with integrated graphics supporting DX11.1 existed as far back as 2011. Happy...

Jan 26, 2024
  70. Zinth liked Tatanka's post in the thread EQ DX11 on iGPU?.

My video card bit the dust two days after the recent patch (wonderful timing!). Still waiting for the new one to arrive, so I'm on...

Jan 26, 2024
  71. Zinth replied to the thread Post your Box... and why you like it. (Min 3 toons).

used to run a Paladin, Beastlord, Bard build which is a pretty untraditional team but quite sturdy, have the most important stuff and...

Jan 26, 2024
  72. Zinth replied to the thread EQ DX11 on iGPU?.

Great, it should support DX11 from what I can see, would be bad to have to buy a pile of not so cheap GPU's just to play EQ

Jan 26, 2024
  73. Zinth liked Gialana's post in the thread EQ DX11 on iGPU?.

I play on a laptop with integrated graphics. As long as the integrated graphics has at least support for directx feature levels 11_0, it...

Jan 26, 2024
  74. Zinth posted a new thread.

EQ DX11 on iGPU?

Would EQ run on an iGPU these days with the new changes? Seen plenty of people that can't run it on their old boxes anymore and I see the...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jan 26, 2024
  75. Zinth replied to the thread my dream tlp in may.

almost there... semi random loot (1 pc normal for the mob, 1 pc random) so you CAN camp something specific but also can avoid the...

Jan 25, 2024
  76. Zinth replied to the thread FTP.

if $37 is a deciding factor for something they spend too much time on, they need to work more and game less... just saying...

Jan 25, 2024
  77. Zinth replied to the thread Curiosity of FV.

you make pp the same way as on any other server... the bonus is the extra EXP there which makes levelling super fast... can make decent...

Jan 25, 2024
  78. Zinth liked Dlaritan's post in the thread Will Rangers ever be fixed?.

Doesn't seem like it. Back as far as RoK it was more mana efficient for the cleric to rez a ranger than heal them.

Jan 25, 2024
  79. Zinth liked poppoppop's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Longer unlock servers would attract people that play the game for fun not profit. Would be awesome but won’t happen. Status quo isn’t going...

Jan 25, 2024
  80. Zinth liked fransisco's post in the thread There's no point in a Bazaar mule.

WAY to much is put on "bots and cheaters". There are actually ALOT of people completing. Anyone who competes with you isn't necessarily a...

Jan 24, 2024
  81. Zinth replied to the thread EQ "Terror Zones" on TLPs.

sounds like a weird meaningless "feature" and rotating on 4 hours? meh... we have plenty other options and stuff to do, not like we need to...

Jan 24, 2024
  82. Zinth replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

only way I could see a "longer unlock" server working would be with either a Kunark start or Trilogy start (Classic + Kunark + Velious)...

Jan 24, 2024
  83. Zinth replied to the thread More TLP Ideas.

uhm... NO!

Jan 23, 2024
  84. Zinth replied to the thread Time to Request Time Off for TLP....

EQ have always been "shizzle" about advertising the game, heck where are the emails to all those accounts when they make new stuff?...

Jan 23, 2024
  85. Zinth replied to the thread Throwing Skill range.

distance varies from zone to zone (scaling) which can make it seem that you throw longer/shorter... also model type/hitbox size will...

Jan 20, 2024
  86. Zinth replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Phinny didn't die (first TLP with AOC's) we went all the way to LIVE... and it were a blast... and many have found out that GOD...

Jan 20, 2024
  87. Zinth liked jeskola's post in the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

I'd totally sub 6 on a Rizlona + Mischief + Oakwynd TLP.

Jan 20, 2024
  88. Zinth replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

Humm guess I have been gone too long, what is FTE? (stopped playing about half a year after Phinny TLP server hit live status... it was a...

Jan 20, 2024
  89. Zinth liked Triconx's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Nobody is requiring you to start over each year. That's just you and your not so smart decision

Jan 20, 2024
  90. Zinth liked PeopleSuck23's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

I would honestly be good with the normal 3 month unlocks if they didn't release any new expansions from June-August.

Jan 20, 2024
  91. Zinth replied to the thread Time to Request Time Off for TLP....

well it launches in May according to the announced info of 2024...

Jan 20, 2024
  92. Zinth liked Iuwene's post in the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

This is hardly a bug. You could also complain that you can't get level 125 on TLP. You will eventually be able to get those achievements...

Jan 20, 2024