Zarkdon's Recent Activity

1. Zarkdon replied to the thread Server Populations….

50% of Bertox population was suspended yesterday. My only comment is that if they are willing to take that big a hit on subs they are in a...

Jul 13, 2021
  2. Zarkdon replied to the thread Server Populations….

If they made the game playable solo it wouldn't be a problem. If people want to be able to get on, play for 3 hours without being lfg...

Jul 13, 2021
  3. Zarkdon replied to the thread Server Populations….

It's amazing the population drop. Makes you wonder if the accounting department will be happy with this.

Jul 12, 2021
  4. Zarkdon replied to the thread Invis and ITU.

I love my bard. God bless /melody, double invis, and selos.

Jul 12, 2021
  5. Zarkdon replied to the thread What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?.

For pet equip spell buff: if you are worried about mages losing out because of the loss of pet toys you could make the buff require a...

Jun 30, 2021
  6. Zarkdon replied to the thread The End of Everquest.

I don't think the EQ IP will ever completely die. When EQ and EQ2 are sunset there will be a new version that happens at some point. With...

Jun 30, 2021
  7. Zarkdon replied to the thread Raccoons and why they should be a part of Norrath.

Norrath has no raccoons because they have been hunted to extinction.

Jun 29, 2021
  8. Zarkdon replied to the thread Hardcore TLP.

Nah you just gotta get creative. There is a lot of entertainment value in that ruleset.

Jun 24, 2021
  9. Zarkdon replied to the thread Hardcore TLP.

That could be fun too. God guys, sorry for the bad pull!

Jun 24, 2021
  10. Zarkdon replied to the thread Phasing Out the Epics.

Id rather they make the epic clickies all relevant. Lots of older content is still important, like the DoN progression.

Jun 24, 2021
  11. Zarkdon liked Angahran's post in the thread [Feature] /hide and/or /ignore jesters.

The title says it all. It would be great to be able to /ignore jesters or even /hide them completely.

Jun 24, 2021
  12. Zarkdon liked The real Sandaormo's post in the thread [Feature] /hide and/or /ignore jesters.

or /shoot the person popping them

Jun 24, 2021
  13. Zarkdon replied to the thread Hardcore TLP.

Haha! You just sold it to me. I've never played a cleric before, but I would just for that power.

Jun 24, 2021
  14. Zarkdon replied to the thread Do you play first person ?.

I can turn my head in real life?

Jun 23, 2021
  15. Zarkdon replied to the thread Lack of Content for COV?.

I like long involved quests like the RZ earring. Alternating a big TS quest, and then maybe some class or archetype specific long quests...

Jun 22, 2021
  16. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlord damage.

1) maelstrom of claws, batter, Dicho, chameleon strike, and beastial savagery should be cast on cooldown. 2) when I am using vindication I...

Jun 22, 2021
  17. Zarkdon replied to the thread Do you play first person ?.

Almost always 3rd person. First person doesn't really feel immersive, there is no peripheral vision, no head movements etc. And at least...

Jun 22, 2021
  18. Zarkdon replied to the thread Father's Day.

God forbid I get to do what I want on Father's day!

Jun 18, 2021
  19. Zarkdon posted a new thread.

Dev appreciation!

With all the whiney threads complaining about how poorly you guys do I thought I'd post a positive one! I love Everquest, it was a major...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jun 12, 2021
  20. Zarkdon replied to the thread Add maps to the game..

I made my own maps when the map feature first came out. It was quite fun. And that was what, 3 or 4 years after EQ was out? Part of the...

Jun 12, 2021
  21. Zarkdon replied to the thread Curious how many people line buffs out?.

I always do my buffs in the same order so I know what I'm missing. The order is just the random way I saved them in my spell bar at one...

Jun 10, 2021
  22. Zarkdon posted a new thread.

Protection of the Warder

The description for this AA reads "when activated, absorbs 35% of melee damage up to 35 damage per hit up to 150000 total damage for...

Forum: Hybrid

Jun 8, 2021
  23. Zarkdon replied to the thread Career, Family, Everquest, Sleep, choose up to three..

That easy. You need a career to pay for Everquest, and you will die too much without sleep. Family is obviously the least conducive for...

Jun 8, 2021
  24. Zarkdon replied to the thread A new EQ in the works??.

I hope not. I blame EQ2 for everything negative. (Please read this as lighthearted humor).

Jun 8, 2021
  25. Zarkdon replied to the thread Looking for clarification on 3rd party software.

I'm just glad they set up tradeskills so you can buy what combines you need, hit combine all, and go watch a movie.

Jun 8, 2021
  26. Zarkdon replied to the thread Inverse MoTM?.

Inverse MoTM (title of the thread) is not a TLP mechanic, it doesn't exist. I'm fairly certain any raid from DoN, an certainly not the...

Jun 8, 2021
  27. Zarkdon replied to the thread Inverse MoTM?.

Since this is the veterans lounge and not the TLP forum I figured it was fairly obvious that I was referring to old raids on Live...

Jun 8, 2021
  28. Zarkdon replied to the thread Inverse MoTM?.

I think he's getting at making raid bosses significantly weaker so they can be soloed/single grouped by all classes while still level...

Jun 8, 2021
  29. Zarkdon replied to the thread Power leveling 85-110 spots or tricks.

Korsha Lab is an amazing zone to go from 85-105/6 if you have a box group. The sarnak death aura is rough if your characters are super...

Jun 8, 2021
  30. Zarkdon replied to the thread Everquest Trivia #760.

Is this NPC from the Kunark era.

Jun 7, 2021
  31. Zarkdon replied to the thread Next Hardcore Heritage zone.

There is a restaurant in my town that has been struggling. They have resorted to culling their menu options. Every time I go into the...

Jun 7, 2021
  32. Zarkdon replied to the thread What is the point of this.

I need an aug that will let me resist the icing on the cake. But unfortunately no matter what i equip I never can. All I do is upset my...

Jun 7, 2021
  33. Zarkdon replied to the thread What is the point of this.

To be honest, the amount of benefit you realistically see from augs like augs is so small in the grand scheme of everquest that lore groups...

Jun 7, 2021
  34. Zarkdon replied to the thread Picking a server: is this an accurate description of each server type?.

FV isn't anymore pay to win than any other server. Platinum has always been available for purchase, long before Krono. However, the...

Jun 5, 2021
  35. Zarkdon replied to the thread Next Hardcore Heritage zone.

CoM would be amazing. Id even settle for some cool high level missions in old outdoor zones. Maybe protect a wagon train of platinum...

Jun 5, 2021
  36. Zarkdon replied to the thread am i too late?.

Wait for Kunark and make an Iksar. They are the gods chosen people. Death to softskins.

Jun 4, 2021
  37. Zarkdon replied to the thread Need a 75-115 zone.

A solo/molo oriented large zone(s) to get people to 100 would be nice along with an increase in the defiant gear line. Lots of people I...

Jun 4, 2021
  38. Zarkdon replied to the thread Does no one group or am I unlucky?.

People don't like PUG. Deaths in EQ aren't as brutal as they were 20 years ago, but still take a significant amount of time to recover...

Jun 4, 2021
  39. Zarkdon replied to the thread Please Bring Back Exp Bouns on Mischief.

If you hate mind numbing, grindy, miserable gaming sessions why on God's Green Earth did you decide to play EQ?

Jun 3, 2021
  40. Zarkdon replied to the thread What was the original scope of EQ.

The little known origin of Everquest was a giant psychological experiment to probe just how miserable you can make people and they still...

Jun 3, 2021
  41. Zarkdon replied to the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

Alas, now a mysterious phenomenon is explained and no longer interesting.

Jun 3, 2021
  42. Zarkdon replied to the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

That's what I meant by dedication over 2 years. Seems like an odd thing to set up once a month at the minimum for that length if time.

Jun 2, 2021
  43. Zarkdon replied to the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

For 2 years? That's dedication.

Jun 2, 2021
  44. Zarkdon replied to the thread Looking for clarification on 3rd party software.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but who really cares what others do as long as they aren't being caustic to other players.

Jun 2, 2021
  45. Zarkdon replied to the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

Things like this make everquest interesting.

Jun 2, 2021
  46. Zarkdon replied to the thread [Request] Make Shadow of buffs not infinitely long duration.

Rather than having a change to any mechanic I would rather they just spell it out clearer in the description that the buff doesn't do...

Jun 2, 2021
  47. Zarkdon replied to the thread Hunter's Achievement has become of little value now..

Why the heck do people feel the need to police how other people play? Unless they are AFK killing, or kill stealing your camps who cares...

May 30, 2021
  48. Zarkdon replied to the thread Request - Type 5 Bandolier.

In some ways it's nice how the armor works now. I know what focus is on what slot. If I'm camping a mob I know that any visible item...

May 25, 2021
  49. Zarkdon replied to the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

If you are on call and you know you may have to leave at a moments notice set the fireplace up in PoK or your guild hall. Then if you have...

May 24, 2021
  50. Zarkdon replied to the thread Request - Type 5 Bandolier.

Yes! This would be nice to be able to customize my augs for different scenarios. There are raids etc where hitpoints would be nicer than...

May 24, 2021
  51. Zarkdon replied to the thread Othmir Shaman Merc is having an identity crisis.

My box cleric I dont know how to play and just have macros for heals and AAs, that I mouse over to and pray are the right ones, out...

May 24, 2021
  52. Zarkdon replied to the thread Charmable Mobs in Raids.

But you sing such beautiful war marches!

May 20, 2021
  53. Zarkdon replied to the thread How to Incentivize Grouping or Accelerate Solo Catch-ups?.

I played from classic through OoW, and love the old content. I missed everything else until I came back this last fall. I got to sample...

May 19, 2021
  54. Zarkdon replied to the thread How to Incentivize Grouping or Accelerate Solo Catch-ups?.

Don't do that, I like the lower population.

May 19, 2021
  55. Zarkdon replied to the thread How to Incentivize Grouping or Accelerate Solo Catch-ups?.

No boxing. Molo beastlord, so it is an easier class to molo with.

May 19, 2021
  56. Zarkdon replied to the thread How to Incentivize Grouping or Accelerate Solo Catch-ups?.

I dont feel that catching back up is impossible or really even that difficult. I came back to EQ last Thanksgiving and going from 1-115 by...

May 19, 2021
  57. Zarkdon replied to the thread Daybreak grants all of its employees a paid ‘unplug day’.

If the developers could somehow make my character have max tradeskills and an artisans prize accidently I would grant them the coveted...

May 18, 2021
  58. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlord Warder Illusion.

Your devotion to this is moooving. It is a udderly amazing idea! I'll see myself out now, you have all herd enough.

May 18, 2021
  59. Zarkdon replied to the thread Daybreak grants all of its employees a paid ‘unplug day’.

By that logic we should cancel all paid holidays and vacations. We should also cancel weekends so our workload is more spread out. Or we...

May 18, 2021
  60. Zarkdon replied to the thread Feature Request: Visible Experience Bonus/Rate.

Have you tried Horn of the Abyss mod? They did a fantastic job with that one. I'll have to try Wake of the Gods.

May 18, 2021
  61. Zarkdon liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Feature Request: Visible Experience Bonus/Rate.

I still play HoMM3 every other day. Wake of Gods mod was a fantastic development.

May 18, 2021
  62. Zarkdon replied to the thread Daybreak grants all of its employees a paid ‘unplug day’.

Yes! A good dose of Nordic culture to add more raiding and plundering! Loot for everyone! And a flying longboat mount.

May 18, 2021
  63. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlord Wishes 2021.

Nature Salve getting a larger counter reduction would be nice. Slow upgrade that resists less often. Remove the counters on the heal proc...

May 17, 2021
  64. Zarkdon replied to the thread Feature Request: Visible Experience Bonus/Rate.

What I'd like to see more than any of this is the amount of experience "points" I get when I kill a mob, with the amount of experience...

May 17, 2021
  65. Zarkdon replied to the thread Trade an expansion for a year of fixes?.

EQ already doesn't have enough content on a year by year basis. I could handle a 1.5 year expansion gap if the expansion was large and...

May 17, 2021
  66. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlord Warder Illusion.

Surprises me Pact of the Wurine is a werewolf. I must have missed the expansion where we got involved with them, but that and the howl at...

May 17, 2021
  67. Zarkdon replied to the thread what am i missing? DEV?.

I had a friend that went to EQ jail for the same thing, he was released this morning, it's probably manual and I would imagine it will be...

May 7, 2021
  68. Zarkdon liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Starting Mischief in Kunark discussion.

Good news! You can start in Kunark! Server launches June 23! Although to reduce queue times and server load they're gonna let some...

May 4, 2021
  69. Zarkdon replied to the thread Gameparse EQ question.

If you are just using the DPS overlay and not Tanking or Healing then Kauffman eq parsing tool works much better than gamparse for the dps...

May 4, 2021
  70. Zarkdon replied to the thread New Tradeskill ideas.

Allowing research tradeskills to make rank 2 spells would be a nice reason to do do it. Allowing research to make rank 3 spells/abilities...

May 4, 2021
  71. Zarkdon replied to the thread Dear Robin Flodin; Community Feedback.

Honestly, I've enjoyed ToV/CoV. It would be nice if they had been a little more fleshed out with Thurgadin being included, or a more lively...

May 3, 2021