Zarkdon's Recent Activity

1. Zarkdon replied to the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

It seem that if the only reason you can win is if the competition can't play you really didn't win.

Mar 2, 2024
  2. Zarkdon replied to the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

But it is a lot more fun to speculate if they would have won had they not gotten their DZ early. Particularly since the second place...

Mar 2, 2024
  3. Zarkdon replied to the thread Does anybody read the quest dialogue?.

For those of you that read through LI: Are we actually doing anything in this expansion or just watching memories?

Feb 28, 2024
  4. Zarkdon replied to the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

There is nothing difficult in Everquest, nor has there ever been. EverQuest is a game of persistence, and by that metric Raiding is...

Feb 16, 2024
  5. Zarkdon replied to the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

Or you just get lucky once and your raiders remember they are people.

Feb 15, 2024
  6. Zarkdon replied to the thread How Far Can I Get On A Silver Account Solo/Molo?.

About level 85 the gap in AAs will make it very difficult, if not impossible, to effectively tank using your warder. You may be able...

Feb 13, 2024
  7. Zarkdon replied to the thread Why do collectibles stack to 100?.

Everything should stack to at least 1000.

Feb 13, 2024
  8. Zarkdon replied to the thread Why do collectibles stack to 100?.

What we want for the next expansion is a collectible depot, that you can let people access to get collectibles.

Feb 13, 2024
  9. Zarkdon liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

DPG needs to lean from Palworld? How so? Shameless plagiarize another IP and market it as new? If you like PokeArk Palworld so...

Feb 2, 2024
  10. Zarkdon liked Ozon's post in the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

So far, it's only February, give OP some time, surely they can top this.

Feb 2, 2024
  11. Zarkdon liked Zalkk - AB's post in the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

EQ would benefit greatly from a lot less Uberkingkong

Feb 2, 2024
  12. Zarkdon liked Nennius's post in the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

And the winner for POINTLESS THREAD OF THE YEAR goes to...

Feb 2, 2024
  13. Zarkdon replied to the thread Regrets on 85.

The only regret I have when using a level 85 heroic is that I didn't use a level 100 heroic. The levels between 65 and 100 are slow and...

Jan 24, 2024
  14. Zarkdon replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

Got my 6th and final after 120ish missions.

Jan 24, 2024
  15. Zarkdon replied to the thread You could not possibly eat anymore....

So here is a dumb question. I know way back in the good ol' days not having food actually caused problems. I think you couldn't regen...

Jan 24, 2024
  16. Zarkdon replied to the thread Eq resource.com with no ads.

EQ resources is unusable now without a subscription. The ads are impressively obnoxious.

Jan 24, 2024
  17. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlord main... and two others?.

Bst, bard, zerker would be a solid group, and their aDPS would work well together. Remember, before you set your mind on having a pet...

Jan 24, 2024
  18. Zarkdon replied to the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

Motivation to have a higher dps group.

Jan 23, 2024
  19. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlords generate too much hate for the DPS they output.

Forgot about fading memories.

Jan 23, 2024
  20. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlords generate too much hate for the DPS they output.

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for. Your list covers every conceivable solution to the problem outside of 'devs...

Jan 22, 2024
  21. Zarkdon replied to the thread Beastlords generate too much hate for the DPS they output.

Watch your agro generation and hit playing possum if you are getting into the 90s. If you are well geared you can hit protective spirit...

Jan 22, 2024
  22. Zarkdon replied to the thread Laurion's Song Collections!!.

Mill workers in the long string of buildings just to the west of the named mosquito spawn point right below the brew factory building.

Jan 19, 2024
  23. Zarkdon replied to the thread dual monitors broken?.

I use dual monitors and haven't had this problem.

Jan 18, 2024
  24. Zarkdon replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

They massively exceeded my expectations, but that bar is low.

Jan 18, 2024
  25. Zarkdon replied to the thread Bst pet tank.

I tanked for my group of friends as a beastlord all the way to 115 (was current max level at the time) without a raid focus. That included...

Jan 18, 2024
  26. Zarkdon liked Opal's post in the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

i can assure you people in full raid gear can still completely suck

Jan 18, 2024
  27. Zarkdon replied to the thread First Year of Darkpaw mission.

Come on. How many level 1s do you think are going to log on and do any of this content? 99.999% of players are at least 120. And even...

Jan 17, 2024
  28. Zarkdon posted a new thread.

First Year of Darkpaw mission

Was utterly insulting. We lose out on 2 regular missions for a 10x10 room filled with 4 mobs with less than 25 million hitpoints? At least...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jan 17, 2024
  29. Zarkdon replied to the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

It's kind of a bummer, I still need 1 neck and I think that Heroes are Forged is more interesting to box than the one in Pal Lomen.

Jan 16, 2024
  30. Zarkdon replied to the thread Only T1 raids for new expansion.

There are, occasionally, people that start playing EverQuest fresh. They have no platinum, and have to try and gear their characters...

Jan 16, 2024
  31. Zarkdon replied to the thread picks question.

EverQuest has attained sentience and is no longer developed by anyone. This self replicating monstrosity feeds on the anguish people...

Jan 16, 2024
  32. Zarkdon replied to the thread Only T1 raids for new expansion.

You arent thinking small enough. What happens when I want to go get some tradeskill item, say spiderling legs, and I have to go fight...

Jan 16, 2024
  33. Zarkdon replied to the thread Only T1 raids for new expansion.

This would be terrible. Nothing is worse than needing a rare item from a low level zone and finding out you cant farm anymore because...

Jan 16, 2024
  34. Zarkdon replied to the thread 32 expansion raids/events focused.

This is either OP trying to drum up support for his idea, or an amazing piece of satire.

Jan 16, 2024
  35. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

A fundamentally different game because it has players. Rigid class roles were dumb 20 years ago they are dumb today. You want people to...

Jan 10, 2024
  36. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Not as well as a SK, just like the shadow knight should not be able to DPS as well a monk. Should a SK be viable in a group with 2...

Jan 10, 2024
  37. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

What if there are two knights that need a group? Knights DPSing is fine, they should just be unable to tank and do massive damage...

Jan 10, 2024
  38. Zarkdon replied to the thread looking for a 3 box suggestion (two possiable options)..

Any idea that removes a bard is the wrong idea. Everyone needs bards. You could do bard, beastlord, mage and not really have to worry about...

Jan 10, 2024
  39. Zarkdon liked fransisco's post in the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

Honestly I didn't bother reading. No comment on what you meant, just that you need to make your posts more concise and readable.

Jan 9, 2024
  40. Zarkdon replied to the thread Is it possible to Molo as a 110 mage to 125?.

On what planet are necro pets better than mage pets? Not only do mages have the absolute best normal pets in the game, by a...

Jan 9, 2024
  41. Zarkdon replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

Shrouds!

Jan 9, 2024
  42. Zarkdon liked Cicelee's post in the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

I think it would be awesome for the OP to be allowed to design a raid in EQ, where OP has complete control of everything that is scripted...

Jan 8, 2024
  43. Zarkdon replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

He was too busy trying to convince the developers that they need to make Shrouds part of EQ again.

Jan 8, 2024
  44. Zarkdon liked Fanra's post in the thread EQ 25th Anniversary Event.

Everything you said except for this. Limited time stuff is literally limiting. If Darkpaw takes the time to create content, limiting...

Jan 8, 2024
  45. Zarkdon replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

It surprises me that easy raids bother you, since you constantly cry about needing events everyone can do. Would you have been happy if the...

Jan 8, 2024
  46. Zarkdon replied to the thread EQ 25th Anniversary Event.

Or they could do absolutely anything else.

Jan 8, 2024
  47. Zarkdon replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

I've just had my third neck drop (3/75 now) all three have been in FF.

Jan 4, 2024
  48. Zarkdon replied to the thread Laurions Song... I have to admit - You did good.

Except for the utter lack of missions. Dont take positive feedback as an excuse to drop from 4 missions to 2 missions.

Jan 2, 2024
  49. Zarkdon replied to the thread Torgiran Mines -Wood elves.

Sister Island in Ocean of Tears works well too.

Dec 27, 2023
  50. Zarkdon replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

Haven't had a second neck yet.

Dec 24, 2023
  51. Zarkdon replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

Shadow knight.

Dec 22, 2023
  52. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

Well, if the DD does 650k damage, and you have 630k hit points you are dead and the fight is over. If you have an additional 10% hit...

Dec 21, 2023
  53. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

EverQuest has an incredibly deep gulf, that is very narrow between difficult and trivial. 10% AC or a 10% increase in DPS is...

Dec 21, 2023
  54. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

If you look at the post I made earlier I said "content made challenging for level 125 characters in t3 gear" nowhere did I say...

Dec 21, 2023
  55. Zarkdon liked fransisco's post in the thread Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?.

People are giving him crap about "expansion is supposed to last longer". But most people havent killed over 2k mobs already. Age of the...

Dec 21, 2023
  56. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

How many times do people go back one expansion to do anything at all? Having difficult zones that provide good experience for parties...

Dec 21, 2023
  57. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

If the rewards are worth the effort people will suffer to get it. Look at the dodge aug from plane of war.

Dec 21, 2023
  58. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

It would be nice if they made some content challenging for level 125 characters in new t3 group gear.

Dec 21, 2023
  59. Zarkdon replied to the thread Linked Characters.

Fellowship campfires are amazingly useful.

Dec 20, 2023
  60. Zarkdon replied to the thread Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?.

Id love to be done by New Years Day. Then I can forget this game exists until next year. If we promise to pay for a full year...

Dec 18, 2023
  61. Zarkdon liked Cuzon's post in the thread Personas - Are They Safe To Use?.

It was mind blowing!

Dec 18, 2023
  62. Zarkdon replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

Well, misery loves company! As long as I'm not the only one.

Dec 18, 2023
  63. Zarkdon posted a new thread.

Neck evolver drop rate

Anyone have an idea how often the neck drops? I've run both missions 20 or so times and have seen one drop. Am I just unlucky, or is this...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Dec 18, 2023
  64. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Probably a reason Diablo has more than 15 people that play it.

Dec 13, 2023
  65. Zarkdon replied to the thread Rangers- one thing I will never understand.

We are the better half of monks!

Dec 13, 2023
  66. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Where did I state that?

Dec 13, 2023
  67. Zarkdon replied to the thread Priority Request for Next Expansion.

How about we look at doing all of these things after they get 4 missions back in the game? Although I have a feeling there will just be 2...

Dec 13, 2023
  68. Zarkdon replied to the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

The two people called for the aura have to kite it away while they have the debuff on. If they get caught by the aura and the DD goes...

Dec 11, 2023
  69. Zarkdon replied to the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

A post partisans quests mission for each zone would be nice to flesh out and finish the story of the zone.

Dec 11, 2023
  70. Zarkdon replied to the thread Separate the Campfires from the Fellowship System.

Part of that feeling is that there is no real danger in the world.. If you are 120 there are 21 zones you have to be somewhat careful...

Dec 11, 2023
  71. Zarkdon replied to the thread Separate the Campfires from the Fellowship System.

They should. Traveling is an absolutely waste of time. It was dumb in 1999 it is dumb in 2023. You should have to walk to a zone the...

Dec 11, 2023
  72. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Do you read what people write before you type a response? I don't play on FV, so I can't sell old raid gear. If I can't sell old raid...

Dec 11, 2023
  73. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Correct.

Dec 11, 2023
  74. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

I thought that was fairly clear, but let me try again. The new group weapons are better than the NoS raid weapons. Normally in an...

Dec 11, 2023
  75. Zarkdon replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Fortunately, the rest of our gear still does! Upgrading the old raid weapons would have been a wonderful service to our beloved group...

Dec 11, 2023
  76. Zarkdon replied to the thread Idea for campfire.

Pretty sure it already does in the campfire selection tab.

Dec 11, 2023
  77. Zarkdon replied to the thread Please, /hidecritters ?.

Ah, in my haste I thought they were asking about the expansion not the zone.

Dec 8, 2023
  78. Zarkdon replied to the thread A New Server Suggestion.

Only if it has the same loot rule that Rallos Zek did.

Dec 8, 2023
  79. Zarkdon replied to the thread Laurion Song Picks.

What is more selfish than wanting people to stand around and buff you because there aren't enough mobs for them to be able to go out...

Dec 8, 2023
  80. Zarkdon replied to the thread Please, /hidecritters ?.

There are a couple partisans that utilize them, but I think the primary reason is to just make the zones seem more alive.

Dec 8, 2023
  81. Zarkdon replied to the thread Toon reached 125 within two hours of launch - How?.

Soandso was better prepared than I was and now I have to cry about them being level 125 before me!

Dec 7, 2023
  82. Zarkdon replied to the thread Group Weapons in LS.

It's irritating to have to source them, only to replace them again with raid weapons in a month. It's not the end of the world, and it...

Dec 7, 2023
  83. Zarkdon replied to the thread Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone.

This is basically just a way to main change without having to redo old content. Just a lazy way to quiet people who are upset they are...

Nov 28, 2023
  84. Zarkdon replied to the thread Regarding the emergency downtime.

It's not the interruption in game play, it's the absolute loss of everything people worked for during the week. I had a little vacation...

Nov 22, 2023
  85. Zarkdon replied to the thread Crafting should be removed from EQ..

I love complaining about crafting. If they took it out of EQ I would have to find something else to whine about.

Nov 21, 2023