Wulfhere's Recent Activity

1. Wulfhere liked Torrok's post in the thread Why are Shamans almost universally thought to be better then Druids?.

A bunch of people play shaman so there will be at least one slower/malo in a raid. If you play a druid/shammy on a raid you are probably on...

Jun 28, 2022 at 2:02 PM
  2. Wulfhere liked Kahna's post in the thread Why are Shamans almost universally thought to be better then Druids?.

Yeah but finding a puller can be tricky. It is one of the harder roles to fill in a group, because most people are lazy. So a druid...

Jun 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM
  3. Wulfhere liked Shakara's post in the thread Why are Shamans almost universally thought to be better then Druids?.

Druids are criminaly underrated because imo no one actually knows how to play the class. Everyone tries to play every preist class in EQ...

Jun 26, 2022 at 3:59 PM
  4. Wulfhere replied to the thread Why are Shamans almost universally thought to be better then Druids?.

If you had quoted the right values I would not have replied. I agree the debuffs are weak and situational. Does a max AC warrior using...

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:59 PM
  5. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed icy tormentors in Velks now see everything.

They're no longer undead.

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:19 PM
  6. Wulfhere replied to the thread Aura of the Muse vs Aria of the Artist.

What 5 songs are you playing?

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:17 PM
  7. Wulfhere replied to the thread Aura of the Muse vs Aria of the Artist.

Both. The 70 aura is lower effect and level cap but get in the habit as they will eventually combine for more group and pet dps.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:09 PM
  8. Wulfhere posted a new thread.

Overseer: Avant-garde Automation no matching agent

While trying to run the quest Avant-garde Automation, maybe for the first time ever, I find I do not have an agent that matches all the...

Forum: Bug Reports

Jun 23, 2022 at 1:23 PM
  9. Wulfhere liked Angeliana's post in the thread Hail adventurers, well met!.

Good day! I would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I am the newest addition to the community team! I have been...

Jun 22, 2022
  10. Wulfhere replied to the thread Why are Shamans almost universally thought to be better then Druids?.

It's not that simple and a wise druid can do better once they learn how to fully stack their debuff lines. Stacking several fire (Ro)...

Jun 22, 2022
  11. Wulfhere replied to the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

Disarm adds a small amount of hate that is most useful in classic still. It's best used within a taunt macro so making it autoskill is...

Jun 21, 2022
  12. Wulfhere liked Brontus's post in the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

Agree 100%. Disarm has no real affect. They should at least give Disarm a minus damage modifier on the mob so that it's worth using.

Jun 21, 2022
  13. Wulfhere liked Arclyte's post in the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

please add disarm to autoskill

Jun 21, 2022
  14. Wulfhere liked Iven's post in the thread New overseer agents and quests.

The huge amount of experience that can be granted by Overseer and daily quests does not motivate to do anything else as it would be...

Jun 20, 2022
  15. Wulfhere liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Rank Top 5 Classes in DPS.

Things change. The original game was a straight up D&D inspired game that was meant to terminate at level 50. Its why hybrids were so...

Jun 20, 2022
  16. Wulfhere replied to the thread Monks in 2022- wherefore art thou?.

No, not at all. My paladin has always been able to true solo current content since 1999. For your statement to be true then the content...

Jun 20, 2022
  17. Wulfhere replied to the thread Monks in 2022- wherefore art thou?.

This is true even for the tank classes. There is a melee cliff at CoV T2/T3 as those mobs are much more dangerous even then ToL mobs....

Jun 20, 2022
  18. Wulfhere liked Cicelee's post in the thread Monks in 2022- wherefore art thou?.

So it has been 3 1/2 months since I started this. Been playing monk outside of raids, even done a couple raids on monk and gotten some gear...

Jun 20, 2022
  19. Wulfhere liked Szilent's post in the thread Monks in 2022- wherefore art thou?.

Your expectations are unreasonable, especially in juxtaposition with a magician's solo ability. A magician's interface with enemy...

Jun 20, 2022
  20. Wulfhere liked Skurge's post in the thread AA activation timer issues. (A solution).

[IMG] Yesterday, armor of experience had a reuse timer. On the AA window it shows the ability as ready but the button shows a reuse timer....

Jun 9, 2022
  21. Wulfhere replied to the thread Why partial slows?.

When is an upgrade not really an upgrade? When is there no design creativity. Same answer.

Jun 6, 2022
  22. Wulfhere replied to the thread Can't charm rare creatures.

Yes and this needs to be addressed as well. PH for bottleneck quest rares should also be un-charmable in many if not all cases.

Jun 6, 2022
  23. Wulfhere replied to the thread Can't charm rare creatures.

But egg-shaped pumice was instant cast originally ... it was nerfed in 2005.

Jun 6, 2022
  24. Wulfhere liked Kleitus_Xegony's post in the thread Help with Paladin life!.

My apologies, this is long but I'm working on something similar for some returning paladins in our guild.... Your new video shows a...

Jun 5, 2022
  25. Wulfhere replied to the thread Trio for Agnarr with a Pal/Dru?.

Bard or Shaman or Enchanter.

Jun 3, 2022
  26. Wulfhere liked Svann2's post in the thread overseer error message.

When I completed an overseer quest today I got this error message: [Wed Dec 08 14:30:39 2021] The system is currently unable to grant your...

Jun 3, 2022
  27. Wulfhere liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Fix Trakanon HH raid please.

Fix this. Just fix it. It never worked right, still doesn't work right, but takes twice as long now as when it was new. Standing there for...

Jun 1, 2022
  28. Wulfhere liked Graytis's post in the thread Best Merc for SK?.

Prior to the early 60s, a tank merc or DPS caster set to AE BURN are viable to mini-swarm with virtually no healing required (caster may...

May 31, 2022
  29. Wulfhere liked Ugloth's post in the thread Rallos Vallon Tallon Sullon Zek hall of fame.

Taken on Rallos Zek in final minutes before merger. [IMG] On a side note, after Zek went live looked at points and saw a bunch from TZ...

May 30, 2022
  30. Wulfhere replied to the thread Glowing Seb Armor.

Glowing Sebilisian tends to have 2x higher HSta too.

May 30, 2022
  31. Wulfhere replied to the thread Help with Paladin life!.

This thread is a replay of https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/group-geared-paladin-tank-questions-lvl-111.266842/

May 30, 2022
  32. Wulfhere liked Disapointed's post in the thread Help with Paladin life!.

- allowing adds to be behind you will get you murdered much faster, sooner or later you will encounter backstabbing mobs. - casting...

May 29, 2022
  33. Wulfhere replied to the thread Help with Paladin life!.

Lol, too funny. Do pay attention to your positioning in combat and never let mobs hit you from behind for minutes at a time. You cannot...

May 29, 2022
  34. Wulfhere replied to the thread Could use some help w/ Paladin Life....

It always is when the mobs can be stunned. It's superior when the mobs are lethally dangerous, like 115+, because you're preventing...

May 28, 2022
  35. Wulfhere replied to the thread Help with Paladin life!.

Not necessarily. Actually this game is made of statistical cliffs. So getting over a threshold (like AC) changes an occurrence of...

May 28, 2022
  36. Wulfhere replied to the thread Help with Paladin life!.

Conflagrant gear and fighting in EoK and older will be fine. Prefer undead and stunnable camps. Type 7 augs are not that important as they...

May 27, 2022
  37. Wulfhere replied to the thread Druid Specializations.

Raiding druids would be Alteration/Evocation.

May 27, 2022
  38. Wulfhere liked Szilent's post in the thread Heroics for tanks, Agility, Stamina, Or Dexterity?.

Your insight appears correct in the abstract, but going full hSta doesn't ever provide a 4% Melee Shielding mod advantage. It provides...

May 23, 2022
  39. Wulfhere liked Cadira's post in the thread Heroics for tanks, Agility, Stamina, Or Dexterity?.

As far as hstm, all my research seems to show that melee shielding only mitigates the damage bonus side of each hit you take (this could be...

May 23, 2022
  40. Wulfhere replied to the thread Heroics for tanks, Agility, Stamina, Or Dexterity?.

Even this is understated. The melee system is so saturated and broken, that NO gear choices matter. For a game that is predicated on...

May 23, 2022
  41. Wulfhere replied to the thread Heroics for tanks, Agility, Stamina, Or Dexterity?.

Even better would be combat dummies that riposte so often and so hard that you die in the guild hall. That will expose how badly the game...

May 23, 2022
  42. Wulfhere replied to the thread Heroics for tanks, Agility, Stamina, Or Dexterity?.

.. except that dodge is behind the hDex modified checks and so will never amount to more then a single digit percentage of your...

May 23, 2022
  43. Wulfhere replied to the thread Heroics for tanks, Agility, Stamina, Or Dexterity?.

Because of the order of melee checks (miss, riposte, parry/block, dodge, etc.) and the impact that hDex has on riposte chance, hDex is...

May 22, 2022
  44. Wulfhere replied to the thread Moving Around Terror of Luclin Now Much Harder - Intended?.

I am one of those Beta testers. My question was about being consistent with original SoL bestiary. In SoL, Maiden's Eye is a paladin's...

May 22, 2022
  45. Wulfhere liked Fanra's post in the thread Moving Around Terror of Luclin Now Much Harder - Intended?.

Originally, even back in Terror of Luclin beta, people asked, "How come the shades are not undead?". The answer from the devs was...

May 22, 2022
  46. Wulfhere liked Quick's post in the thread Fixed ROG Crashing To Desktop.

Anyone else play a ROG and the game crashes to desktop after a little while? I'm on the TEST server. This has been happening to me since...

May 20, 2022
  47. Wulfhere liked Mykaylla's post in the thread Fixed Charm pet template is artificially capping at a reduced buff limit of ten.

Since the most recent patch, charm pets are unable to have any more than 10 buff and debuffs on them at any one time. Test subject: a...

May 20, 2022
  48. Wulfhere liked Triconix's post in the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

We're in an era where the shortcomings of a warrior are starting to creep back into relevancy IE [lack of] self-healing, stuns, runes,...

May 19, 2022
  49. Wulfhere replied to the thread Some Thematic Ideas to Shore up Paladins.

Aye just say "no" to turn undead body type. Best spell upgrade we've gotten of late has been Mark of the Jade Cohort and that line has...

May 15, 2022
  50. Wulfhere liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Test Update 5/10/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

No. we are still chasing this as we have been unable to reproduce the issue Actually yes. Ogre Heritage crates this month. No....

May 12, 2022
  51. Wulfhere replied to the thread Some Thematic Ideas to Shore up Paladins.

Aye and neither of those are spells and certainly not available to a classic or TLP paladin. and GAotI starts at level 96. and Spires...

May 12, 2022
  52. Wulfhere replied to the thread Some Thematic Ideas to Shore up Paladins.

This is a dead EQ topic and the arguments died 20 years ago. By lore, a paladin is supposed to inspire their group to greatness and the...

May 11, 2022
  53. Wulfhere replied to the thread Some Thematic Ideas to Shore up Paladins.

But paladins have been receiving self-centered (even selfish) spells since RoK. Group support is very limited to health, cures,...

May 9, 2022
  54. Wulfhere liked Gearrwin's post in the thread Raid Warrior gear upgrade.

As a non warrior player, what I am getting from this thread is that the raw AC value of shields is too low. Increase all shield AC by a...

May 7, 2022
  55. Wulfhere liked Gorgasm's post in the thread Raid Warrior gear upgrade.

This is the only part that matters. If your tanks aren't dying, then increasing defensiveness at the cost of DPS is a net loss to the...

May 7, 2022
  56. Wulfhere liked Kahna's post in the thread Necromancer - How good are they?.

Or you can always be the death machine and let the clerics manage their own mana. Literally never lost a fight, early or late in an...

May 7, 2022
  57. Wulfhere replied to the thread DoT cannot kill enemy if they have druid skin w/ regen component on.

That's too funny and relates to the order in which damage and regen are applied. A similar effect has been around forever, in that a dot on...

May 7, 2022
  58. Wulfhere replied to the thread Info Needed Random LDs.

One thing not mentioned that is very important for EQ client stability is clock sync. If your PC clock has drifted more then a second,...

May 7, 2022
  59. Wulfhere liked Jildaan - Povar's post in the thread Info Needed Random LDs.

Bumping this up. Did a petition and of course they had work on the modem, jitter/speed/ping tests etc and all came back with flying...

May 7, 2022
  60. Wulfhere liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Necromancer - How good are they?.

Amazing S Tier class from Classic through Luclin content. Still pretty great in PoP. Falloff a cliff in GoD and the 70 stretch, then come...

May 6, 2022
  61. Wulfhere liked Daktarr's post in the thread Vicious Rabbit.

Nice of you to nerf this after I already spent loyalty tokens to get one for all my toons. Can I get a refund?

May 5, 2022
  62. Wulfhere liked Izzard of Bertox's post in the thread Some Fabled MOBS are not Spawning. Some drop no Loot..

DPG - I sent several bug reports about this time critical problem. If Fabled Vaniki spawns only 4 or 5 times when the spawning is working...

May 5, 2022
  63. Wulfhere liked FranktheBank's post in the thread Some Thematic Ideas to Shore up Paladins.

I would like a blind that makes the target miss the next 3 attacks or something

May 3, 2022
  64. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails.

Update: a quest failing in this way does not count in the stats page either. It's like it never happened.

May 2, 2022
  65. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails.

This error has happened to 3 of my quests in the past week. I'm leaving the dead task (Trade Secrets) in the list in case Devs want to...

May 1, 2022
  66. Wulfhere replied to the thread Beyond Espoir - see invis see ivu mobs.

Pathing in there is awful. They will all leash within about 40 feet.

Apr 30, 2022
  67. Wulfhere liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Overseer improvement.

I was able to finish off collections in multiple expansions on three different toons without wasting who knows how many hours...

Apr 30, 2022
  68. Wulfhere liked Grimlore_LOA2's post in the thread Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails.

After launching a quest with agents They Go AWOL during their mission Quest fails due to having no agents assigned to it. You cannot start...

Apr 28, 2022
  69. Wulfhere liked Kalamir's post in the thread Please improve the returning player experience....

Backstory - I've played EQ off and on since launch. I raided up through Prophecy of Ro on live and then quit for a few years. I've come...

Apr 26, 2022
  70. Wulfhere liked Ratalthor's post in the thread Not A Bug Doomshade raid "a gathering shadow" no longer headshottable.

Thanks for the feedback. The adds are now currently "Magic", but we will be changing these adds to "Undead" in a future update.

Apr 25, 2022
  71. Wulfhere replied to the thread Not A Bug Doomshade raid "a gathering shadow" no longer headshottable.

We stacked paladins on them last Sunday, assuming they might be undead. They aren't yet. Oh well.

Apr 25, 2022
  72. Wulfhere liked Roxas MM's post in the thread Dear Beastlord Mains....

i'd like to add, remove that last years nuke, it's lower dps then your melee dps. On burns, all you do is spam your poison dot while...

Apr 25, 2022
  73. Wulfhere liked Szilent's post in the thread Dear Beastlord Mains....

only one strike attack and one kick attack can be autoskilled. /autoskill Round Kick /autoskill Tiger Claw -or- Dragon Punch (have to...

Apr 25, 2022
  74. Wulfhere liked Sycloness's post in the thread Dear Beastlord Mains....

Beastlord Guide: Updated 11/02/2021 I did this write up for new Beastlords that were raiding with my guild. I have not updated it for ToL,...

Apr 25, 2022
  75. Wulfhere liked Tucoh's post in the thread Addressing Latency.

Thanks for confirming what previous developers have said about causes of lag over the last couple of decades while they kept adding more...

Apr 25, 2022
  76. Wulfhere liked Accendo's post in the thread Emergency Server Downtime - April 25, 2022.

All EverQuest servers will be brought offline today at 1:30 p.m. PDT (20:30 UTC) for emergency maintenance in order to patch the game. This...

Apr 25, 2022
  77. Wulfhere liked Kodachi's post in the thread Fixed Ikkinz Raid 4 - Gates of Discord issue.

A byproduct of the pickpocket change makes this raid unable to be completed. The npc at the start requires a rogue to pickpocket and item...

Apr 24, 2022
  78. Wulfhere liked Eaiana's post in the thread Not A Bug Doomshade raid "a gathering shadow" no longer headshottable.

The Doomshade event is now much more difficult. The adds that spawn in the west can't be headshot anymore. Combined with their...

Apr 24, 2022
  79. Wulfhere liked Hildegarn's post in the thread Fixed Warrior Discs not functioning.

For some odd reason Warrior combat discs (primal defense, resolute stand etc...) stop working. You can press the hotkeys all you want and...

Apr 22, 2022
  80. Wulfhere liked Skecpa's post in the thread Why not use the community rather than breaking things?.

Was there a reason to change the fundamental functions of Pickpocket? Telling everyone in the area that the rogue stole coin or the...

Apr 22, 2022
  81. Wulfhere replied to the thread Why not use the community rather than breaking things?.

What is careless is that EQ patches go from Test to Live like clockwork, not matter how severe the known problems are with a patch. Who...

Apr 22, 2022
  82. Wulfhere liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Why not use the community rather than breaking things?.

This patch brought this up to me again, but I wonder why the devs don't utilize the community for feedback BEFORE they work on specific...

Apr 21, 2022
  83. Wulfhere liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Fixed Spell Specialization Skills Reset to 49 Upon Zoning.

I experienced this bug after the change to spell specializations on Test and now after today's patch I am experiencing it on Live as well....

Apr 21, 2022
  84. Wulfhere liked Jumvapace's post in the thread Confirmed Intentional or oversight on some Mob Type changes?.

After the patch, it seems some shades see through both invis and some don't in the ToL expansion. No consistency. Bloodfalls - All shades...

Apr 21, 2022
  85. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paly.

Not true. SK in classic get Wave of Enfeeblement and Word of Spirit, not to mention lifetap healing gives witness hate. A baby SK on TLP...

Apr 21, 2022
  86. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paly.

Well I do not. Sorry, you're just not playing the class well if that is your experience through level 1 to 60. How to excel at that is...

Apr 21, 2022
  87. Wulfhere liked Skuz's post in the thread Addressing Latency.

A lot of that very informative post confirms the long-held suspicion that the "performance budget" of many past changes that added more...

Apr 21, 2022
  88. Wulfhere liked Sancus's post in the thread Addressing Latency.

I appreciate this post. That said, I have to echo Rylak's sentiments. This is not just an engineering problem, and it's frustrating to...

Apr 21, 2022
  89. Wulfhere liked Zamazx's post in the thread Addressing Latency.

What if you replace swarm pets, for a second pet that does the same damage to lower number of objects to draw, or even just a new pet buff...

Apr 21, 2022
  90. Wulfhere liked Rogean's post in the thread Addressing Latency.

I'm surprised the Worldserver still has blocking loads. I spent several months back in 2014 removing all blocking loads from the P99 code;...

Apr 21, 2022
  91. Wulfhere liked Accendo's post in the thread Addressing Latency.

For those of you upset and frustrated by lag, we understand and hear you. It frustrates us, too. This post is meant to provide some insight...

Apr 21, 2022
  92. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paly.

That's speaks more to bad players than class weakness. Paladin can use heal aggro in LDoN to hold large swarm pulls easily. Low level...

Apr 19, 2022
  93. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paly.

Same number perhaps, but not the same usage. SK's unique Stream of Hatred (directional stream) is a real advantage due to being both...

Apr 19, 2022
  94. Wulfhere replied to the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

I did some more testing and {TS} is not returning zero. Instead I find that it's not filling in the timer duration at all. I made a timer...

Apr 17, 2022
  95. Wulfhere replied to the thread current pally AA and Spells meta for solo/group/raid.

Timer 5 is the only worthwhile Crush for +hate because it's double the amount on the Timer 5 stun (and crush can be twin cast with...

Apr 17, 2022
  96. Wulfhere liked Allayna's post in the thread current pally AA and Spells meta for solo/group/raid.

Weird stance to take and then claim to load 2 bursts and grief. Stuns are invaluable, you're all leaving a lot of...

Apr 17, 2022
  97. Wulfhere replied to the thread current pally AA and Spells meta for solo/group/raid.

I was thinking the same thing. If he's alternating bursts then he's only casting 1 spell every 3.25 seconds at best. Just say no to that....

Apr 17, 2022
  98. Wulfhere replied to the thread merc overwriting own spells.

Always been true and I think not a bug, but a design choice. It's intended to play nice with the usual preference of symbol+skin+ac,...

Apr 16, 2022
  99. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paladin spell Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort not healing for stated value.

Exactly. SPA 59 was quickly changed (Mark of Karn in RoK) to scale negative values by your weapons since it became apparent that dual...

Apr 15, 2022
  100. Wulfhere liked Allayna's post in the thread current pally AA and Spells meta for solo/group/raid.

The following 6 spell gems pretty much don't change for me and is a good mix of self tanking survival, other tanking survival, stun/aggro,...

Apr 14, 2022
  101. Wulfhere liked Truetotheblue's post in the thread Test Update 4/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

A decaying skeleton liked this post

Apr 12, 2022
  102. Wulfhere replied to the thread Fixed Internally Remorse of the Fallen and Triggered Remorse Effect.

Missed the April patch. How weird is that?

Apr 12, 2022
  103. Wulfhere replied to the thread [Paladin] Blunted Blade disc outdated, no upgrade.

I reckon my sarcasm was lost. o_O

Apr 12, 2022
  104. Wulfhere replied to the thread current pally AA and Spells meta for solo/group/raid.

Yeah, I do agree and it's just more evidence that the spell engine is far too slow for the modern intensity of 1-2 second lethal combat...

Apr 12, 2022
  105. Wulfhere replied to the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

It's not the trigger that fails, it's the {TS} that always returns zero in any trigger. Something must be wrong underneath with Windows 8.1...

Apr 12, 2022
  106. Wulfhere liked Zinth's post in the thread Strongest classes Vaniki assuming melee and spell tuning.

facetanking never really been efficient even with slows... taps/tap over time are not as efficient as pure dps dots and you can kite...

Apr 11, 2022
  107. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paladin Box.

A paladin doesn't need help (eventually) killing mobs. I've boxed a Druid since ages past for tracking and ports (think Hunter...

Apr 11, 2022
  108. Wulfhere replied to the thread current pally AA and Spells meta for solo/group/raid.

Since the friendly target patch, the Grief line should be obsolete in favor of the Burst line. Why are you spending a spell gem on...

Apr 11, 2022
  109. Wulfhere replied to the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

What version of GINA does {TS} actually work? In Version 1.0.24.3 the dynamic timer duration is always zero.

Apr 9, 2022
  110. Wulfhere liked Szilent's post in the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

make a social hotbutton for the /inspectbuffs command make a second GINA overlay just for the Dot Timers category [IMG] when you...

Apr 9, 2022
  111. Wulfhere liked Bernel's post in the thread Two mercs.

It's not necessarily that they are anti-boxer. Some people don't want to play multiple characters simultaneously. They just want to play an...

Apr 8, 2022
  112. Wulfhere liked kizant's post in the thread Two mercs.

If they added a mage merc you could just let it solo everything for you.

Apr 8, 2022
  113. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

Yep new levels require new development on merc templates.

Apr 6, 2022
  114. Wulfhere liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

Then give us the ability to tell the merc what spells to cast and which to ignore. Give the merc 4 spell slots and let us determine...

Apr 6, 2022
  115. Wulfhere liked Cheopis's post in the thread Unintended difficulty in some LDoN hunter achievements..

Well, I hope the difficulty to get the "Arena of Chance" hunter achievement is unintended. Currently, after completing the Hunter...

Apr 4, 2022
  116. Wulfhere liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

So the main issue here is limited intelligence in the AI. The AI calculates DPS you are taking and tries to choose between healing or...

Apr 4, 2022
  117. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

But sir, you are the game designer. You design elements of the game that work together constructively or destructively. If mercs are...

Apr 4, 2022
  118. Wulfhere liked MyShadower's post in the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

Merc Utility Mode (switch to it at your own peril): Cleric: Cures Wizard: Succors Rogue: Picks Lock Tank: Picks Nose

Apr 4, 2022
  119. Wulfhere liked Qimble's post in the thread New Ranks of Paladin Gift of Life block new ranks of Lay on Hands.

In previous expansions at max AA Gift of Life and Lay on Hands had heal over time components that were equal in strength. Functionally this...

Apr 3, 2022
  120. Wulfhere liked Jumbur's post in the thread How is boxing a grp of toons, a game design flaw?.

I think the designers intended that a single subscription should give the player a satisfying experience. The fact that many choose to box,...

Mar 30, 2022
  121. Wulfhere liked Qimble's post in the thread Paladin AA locked out by Spiritual Vigor.

If Spiritual Vigor is cast on me, I can no longer use my Force of Disruption AA. It appears that Spiritual Vigor blocking the Yaulp portion...

Mar 30, 2022
  122. Wulfhere liked Maedhros's post in the thread Pally question.

I see no good reason that I shouldn't be able to fire all 3 of these things one after another without any stacking or blocking whatsoever....

Mar 27, 2022
  123. Wulfhere replied to the thread Big Gnomes, Big Problems - Has Problems.

It's always been broken with random 1-hit kill shots for 1-3 million damage on the giant buffed tank. I used to farm it for the trap...

Mar 27, 2022
  124. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

Sounds like your merc is busted then. Here is my 118 dwarf female merc curing in combat recently: [Sat Mar 05 12:34:20 2022] A cold...

Mar 27, 2022
  125. Wulfhere liked Bernel's post in the thread Multiboxing is a sign of a deeper problem with the game..

The design of EQ was built around grouping, but casual/pick-up grouping isn't really viable on live servers unless you're at top level. On...

Mar 26, 2022
  126. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

Not true. My merc cures (curse) during combat and promptly. If it matters, my healer merc is a female dwarf model.

Mar 26, 2022
  127. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

Oh! a plat sink ...

Mar 25, 2022
  128. Wulfhere replied to the thread Pally vs SK on TLP.

Both knight classes are strong in that era, so no regrets on either choice. It is the point where they really start to diverge though. SK...

Mar 22, 2022
  129. Wulfhere liked Gearrwin's post in the thread Ranger tanking across the eras.

The problem with ranger tanking and really every non SK/PAL/WAR class is that the piddling mitigation AAs have not kept up with how hard...

Mar 21, 2022
  130. Wulfhere liked Bigstomp's post in the thread My aura attacked me.

Doing the 19th anniversary quest, A Formal Dinner party. Someone in the group did the hails to accuse the enchanter of being the murderer....

Mar 20, 2022
  131. Wulfhere liked coltongrundy's post in the thread Beastlords and Ferocity focus effect on TLPs.

Yo, what am I doing wrong? That dev's math doesn't check out. Using the numbers for Bard in DoN (level 70, 0 skill, 15 burst of power...

Mar 20, 2022
  132. Wulfhere replied to the thread Beastlords and Ferocity focus effect on TLPs.

Using that equation, it means that your chance value is actually around 200. That's pretty hard to reconcile. I would simplify and...

Mar 20, 2022
  133. Wulfhere replied to the thread Beastlords and Ferocity focus effect on TLPs.

If you were riposting the mob, then your data will have extra attacks per round.

Mar 19, 2022
  134. Wulfhere replied to the thread Pally question.

Yes because it uses Slot 2 for the HoT. It should be moved to a different spdat slot with ideally no dot conflicts....

Mar 19, 2022
  135. Wulfhere replied to the thread Ferocity focus effect on TLP not impacting BST/BRD.

We can add more details. There are two types of Burst of Power AA, one (SPA 177) for classes that have double attack skill, and another...

Mar 19, 2022
  136. Wulfhere liked Boze's post in the thread Ferocity focus effect on TLP not impacting BST/BRD.

How exactly did you test it out? It works, the chance is just super low in that era so you're not going to notice a big difference unless...

Mar 19, 2022
  137. Wulfhere replied to the thread [Paladin] Blunted Blade disc outdated, no upgrade.

What's weird about that?

Mar 17, 2022
  138. Wulfhere replied to the thread Fixed One mob killed twice at the same time.

"<=0" please if that's applicable

Mar 17, 2022
  139. Wulfhere liked Brontus's post in the thread What is Darkpaw doing to Bring New Players to EverQuest?.

I have a Google alert for "EverQuest". Recently, a news story came up in my Google alert, it was an obituary. It mentioned that the guy who...

Mar 17, 2022
  140. Wulfhere replied to the thread Paladin molo question..

Sure but for any healing class, a wizard merc on AE burn stance until 60-65 or so.

Mar 15, 2022
  141. Wulfhere liked FranktheBank's post in the thread Pally question.

On the top of stacking, HoP getting blocked by dots is absolutely enraging.

Mar 15, 2022
  142. Wulfhere liked Allayna's post in the thread [Paladin] Blunted Blade disc outdated, no upgrade.

[40098/10553] Blunted Blade Rk. III Classes: PAL/99 Skill: Abjuration (Combat Skill) Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 35 per second Target: Self...

Mar 15, 2022
  143. Wulfhere liked Ratalthor's post in the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

We gave this a try with a Paladin and found that both Parry and Shield Block do proc the effect. Whether or not it ends up being useful has...

Mar 14, 2022
  144. Wulfhere replied to the thread Confirmed Cleric Merc No Longer Cures Diseases.

My merc is still curing Restless Ice (50 curse counters) promptly.

Mar 13, 2022
  145. Wulfhere replied to the thread Pally question.

Lay on Hands and Gift of Life have never stacked, as they both use slot 10 for the heal over time. What has changed is that GoL HoT has...

Mar 13, 2022
  146. Wulfhere liked Leifer's post in the thread raiding paladin.

Raiding as a paladin in classic is just fine if you know your place. You are an enchanter's best friend babysitting the charmed pets. You...

Mar 12, 2022
  147. Wulfhere replied to the thread Healing Wave of Prexus spell type error.

Actually I think it's been under-thinking lol. Looking at the spdat again, and remembering way back, the target type for those 2 are...

Mar 12, 2022
  148. Wulfhere liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Healing Wave of Prexus spell type error.

You're overthinking things. Those spells existed before any group healing focus existed. It is just a mistake.

Mar 12, 2022
  149. Wulfhere replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

Let's assume that HDex gearing is shifting most of the heal proc towards riposte. Let's further assume that knights should favor HDex in...

Mar 12, 2022
  150. Wulfhere replied to the thread Healing Wave of Prexus spell type error.

I'm saying it was intentional for the time. The various v2 target values were invented for such reasons, not limited to this topic. In...

Mar 11, 2022
  151. Wulfhere liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Healing Wave of Prexus spell type error.

Was wondering why the LDoN healing aug: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=68052 was not affecting the spell: Healing Wave of...

Mar 11, 2022
  152. Wulfhere replied to the thread Healing Wave of Prexus spell type error.

Because there are the first 2 group heals paladin's get (chronologically) and they were designed to not receive any focus for fear they...

Mar 11, 2022
  153. Wulfhere liked Snazster's post in the thread Monks in 2022- wherefore art thou?.

Let's drop back and consider the monk's lack of a distinct raid role. We still have some value. With 5 monks in the raid, my guild has...

Mar 11, 2022
  154. Wulfhere liked Szilent's post in the thread Ogre Shaman Versus Iksar and Troll Shaman.

Shielding of Spirits AA caps out at 30%; worn Stun Resist modifier from heroic stamina caps at +45 but no one's passed 41 yet. Ogre...

Mar 11, 2022
  155. Wulfhere liked roth's post in the thread Ogre Shaman Versus Iksar and Troll Shaman.

Vah Shir have another racial innate that is situationally useful but those situations can occur without regard to expansion : Sneak....

Mar 11, 2022
  156. Wulfhere liked code-zero's post in the thread Ogre Shaman Versus Iksar and Troll Shaman.

Vah Shir have innate racial Safe Fall which is the only racial advantage that doesn't become irrelevant later as none of the other races...

Mar 11, 2022
  157. Wulfhere replied to the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

Exactly! and slow and snare, and real bards have this mastered.

Mar 11, 2022
  158. Wulfhere replied to the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

Lol, that's a true-ism that can be applied to every class.

Mar 11, 2022
  159. Wulfhere liked code-zero's post in the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

Bards learn tricks like charm burning where you chain charm the trash to throw against a boss and dump your chants on it as well. One...

Mar 11, 2022
  160. Wulfhere liked Triconix's post in the thread Merge DoDh and PoR for Aradune and Rizlona, please?.

One can argue that the premise of a TLP isn't catered to a casual player, but specifically targeted at their more "hardcore" player base....

Mar 9, 2022
  161. Wulfhere replied to the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

I beg to differ on the last sentence. A bard that knows how to chain charm pets and those pets are sufficiently strong vs the named mob,...

Mar 9, 2022
  162. Wulfhere liked Shakara's post in the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

I think this is just people not understanding how to solo on a bard. I have soloed on a bard from Classic-SoD and I have felt more...

Mar 9, 2022
  163. Wulfhere liked Triconix's post in the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

I'd argue that melee need to be tweaked down, rather than more classes getting boosted even more. There is literally zero reason melee...

Mar 9, 2022
  164. Wulfhere replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

Thanks for adding more parse data. Surprising but okay. Assuming that's true for paladin as well (SPDAT is the same), then it's just...

Mar 8, 2022
  165. Wulfhere liked Spacemonkey555's post in the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

SK/PAL use shield block, not block, and it looks to be working for that.

Mar 8, 2022
  166. Wulfhere liked Spacemonkey555's post in the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

[Tue Mar 01 22:23:27 2022] Your Waning Crescent Soulrender Helm feels alive with power. [Tue Mar 01 22:23:27 2022] You hit Shei Vinitras...

Mar 8, 2022
  167. Wulfhere liked Shakara's post in the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

But that's true about every class in the game except maybe necro. Soloing is just less efficient around the board by design. In other...

Mar 7, 2022
  168. Wulfhere liked TrueNorth's post in the thread Fixed One mob killed twice at the same time.

Was able to reproduce this and it is now being tracked internally. Thank you for the report, and everyone else who contributed, it was...

Mar 7, 2022
  169. Wulfhere replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

Please provide log of that (shield block proc) happening :)

Mar 7, 2022
  170. Wulfhere replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

No, I don't think so. I attribute that cast to the riposte punch, not the shield block. Shield Block is not a (combat) skill. It's not...

Mar 6, 2022
  171. Wulfhere liked Lubianx's post in the thread Personal Hemic Source not summoning familiar unless I target someone else's pet..

Yeah it isn't working as it should. My workaround is casting a different familiar, with this as the stat one

Mar 6, 2022
  172. Wulfhere liked Warpeace's post in the thread Personal Hemic Source not summoning familiar unless I target someone else's pet..

Personal Hemic Source not summoning familiar unless I target someone else's pet. This has been acting buggy for a bit now. As a Paladin I...

Mar 6, 2022
  173. Wulfhere liked Axxius's post in the thread Fixed One mob killed twice at the same time.

This bug has been happening for years, mostly on raids: when 2 players do fatal damage to 1 mob at the same time, it actually dies twice....

Mar 6, 2022
  174. Wulfhere replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce [Paladin] Holy | Blessed Guardian Effect bug.

This discipline is under performing because of its bugs.

Mar 6, 2022
  175. Wulfhere replied to the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

Sorry I can't agree with your preposterous statement on face value. A well played bard is good at most every feat, including soloing for...

Mar 6, 2022
  176. Wulfhere liked Riou's post in the thread Effect of character level on spell strength.

It would be = enchanter 42, Alacrity should max at 40% (at level 36) A lot of the stuff still scales (mostly in relation to...

Mar 4, 2022
  177. Wulfhere replied to the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

I'm curious for an example? I'm guessing a strong tanking/healing requirement, because that's the only thing my shaman can do better then...

Mar 4, 2022
  178. Wulfhere liked Trebla7th's post in the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

"More powerful" isn't really any different than "better" in this context. And there are definitely some things that bards are...

Mar 4, 2022
  179. Wulfhere replied to the thread Effect of character level on spell strength.

ZAM has very old spell formula decoding. It's been over a decade since those scaling formula were correct. Since then it has been the max...

Mar 4, 2022
  180. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

Huh? what?

Mar 4, 2022
  181. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

Collections.

Mar 4, 2022
  182. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

I believe that Overseer makes many aspects of the game pay-2-win because it lets you spend DBC to complete quests immediately. Those...

Mar 4, 2022
  183. Wulfhere liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I won't be answering every request about information on these, but thought this was fine as an example. Yes, in two ways. the chance...

Mar 4, 2022
  184. Wulfhere liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It means that after accepting a resurrection, the line that has your corpse (with the green text) will be selected so that you just...

Mar 1, 2022
  185. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

Who said you cant? No me. I'm saying to the Devs, not you, that glyphs are not part of class or event design. They are a pay-to-win...

Mar 1, 2022
  186. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

Both, although primarily group content. When it's known that raid adds can be stunned, which is rare, I stun the hell out of them....

Feb 28, 2022
  187. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

I feel that this game has been transformed into a carpal-tunnel inducing twitch fest of spam healing and other abilities where the...

Feb 28, 2022
  188. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

I can commiserate with you there. This is how a paladin feels much of the time the past few years because paladin's have only 3 tanking...

Feb 28, 2022
  189. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

My interest is in the knowing the Risk vs Reward of swinging against current mobs, and whether or not it is out of wack. Similar to the old...

Feb 28, 2022
  190. Wulfhere liked Maedhros's post in the thread Fixed Paladin nukes missing 20% boost.

Crush of Darkened Sea line: 102 to 107 = 17.5% increase 107 to 112 = 17.5% increase 112 to 117 = 33.5% increase - 16% larger boost than...

Feb 28, 2022
  191. Wulfhere liked Maedhros's post in the thread Fixed Paladin nukes missing 20% boost.

I looked around and didnt find a post on this, but forgive me if I missed it. Anyways, Aristo had said this in the beta forums: From what...

Feb 28, 2022
  192. Wulfhere liked shiftie's post in the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

This is the one that needs to be run. Because the data might show it is better off defensively to not swing. Which could be a catalyst...

Feb 27, 2022
  193. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

I'm thinking about parsing soft tanking (no swings), vs passive swings (ripostes only) vs all swings (autoattack on and riposting). I want...

Feb 27, 2022
  194. Wulfhere liked Risiko's post in the thread A long ramble about making "easy" fixes to old content..

I like the fact that you look for things in content that basically just punish the player for failing and remove it from the event. That's...

Feb 25, 2022
  195. Wulfhere liked Beimeith's post in the thread Enchanter runes order of operations discussion revisit.

As a final thought: It would be far more preferable if EQ checked runes in Reverse SPA order. Example (current way it works): You...

Feb 25, 2022
  196. Wulfhere liked Beimeith's post in the thread Enchanter runes order of operations discussion revisit.

Now that we have our terminology straight, lets go to how it works when you have multiples: 1) SPA Order SPAs are checked first in...

Feb 25, 2022
  197. Wulfhere liked Beimeith's post in the thread Enchanter runes order of operations discussion revisit.

So, if you want to talk Runes, first we need to get our terminology straight. 1) SPA 55 - "Stoneskin" Absorbs 100% of melee or spell...

Feb 25, 2022
  198. Wulfhere replied to the thread EQ not spreading across CPU Threads.

It's not though. What you are calling a "Core" is a misnomer. Each single Core has 2 CPU, sharing primary cache, TLB, etc.. What EQ has...

Feb 25, 2022
  199. Wulfhere replied to the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

For defense, I think you get to choose if you are missed (HAgi) or riposting (HDex), and the rest may be noise. The curious thing is NPC...

Feb 25, 2022