Windance's Recent Activity

1. Windance liked fransisco's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

I'm still waiting for mobs to be unable to hit me while they are standing toe deep in water

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:21 AM
  2. Windance liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

Nobody took away your ability to mass slaughter gray con mobs to farm materials. They just, rightfully, took away the ability to pull...

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:21 AM
  3. Windance liked fransisco's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

You can still farm tradeskill materials and such. Just kill in slightly smaller groups. I've gone to 350 in every tradeskill, and very very...

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:20 AM
  4. Windance liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:28 PM
  5. Windance replied to the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

I think you are in for a hard reality check moving from caster group to a melee group. Your current group requires almost no position. -...

Apr 11, 2024
  6. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I think you are overthinking the number of raids that have that much trash. If there are raids with that much trash then simply bring...

Apr 10, 2024
  7. Windance replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

I don't really think this change will put much of a dent in the AE PL process. It just means the PL team overhead gets bigger as the PL...

Apr 10, 2024
  8. Windance replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Lceanium has 3 spots the sarnaks come from. Each spot gets two waves of about 10-15 each. The ae from the dragon and the defenders tend...

Apr 10, 2024
  9. Windance liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

30 seems like a safe number for most raid purposes. Can anyone think of one where this will pose an issue? Looks like its definitely...

Apr 10, 2024
  10. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I am totally in favor of limiting the PBAE spells to 30 mobs. Anyone who is pulling 60, 90, 120+ mobs at once to PL is putting a lot of...

Apr 10, 2024
  11. Windance liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I'm thinking its for server processing. With a limit in place, the server can stop processing sooner to reduce lag.

Apr 10, 2024
  12. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Looks like all PBAE spells have been changed to be a max of 30 targets. Where are you expecting to hit more than 30 targets? TLP...

Apr 9, 2024
  13. Windance liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Because I know y'all are going to ask, these are the zones, quests, and percent experience will increase related to this note. As an...

Apr 9, 2024
  14. Windance liked Kalvenie's post in the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

Feedback after the fix - raids on sunday were back to minimal levels of lag and working as expected! thanks again.

Apr 8, 2024
  15. Windance liked Flatchy's post in the thread READY , SET, GO.....

I just finally did the 25th anniversary task for the augs. Nice reward and thank you for the extra content. Can I please ask a favor. When...

Apr 8, 2024
  16. Windance liked Yinla's post in the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Guilds is the reason many of us are still here. After 20+ years we have formed a solid community of friend who enjoy playing together....

Apr 8, 2024
  17. Windance replied to the thread Server Lag Spike ~ 90s+.

Had another one this morning 4/6. Same type of issue. Sever stops responding. Connection meter drops from 100% down to 40% then snaps back...

Apr 6, 2024
  18. Windance replied to the thread Guild and Guild leader Active time..

Eternal Sovereign - Born on Oct 1 1999 - Original Server was Tholuxe Paells - Original Guild leader Foxxs lasted only 6 months before...

Apr 4, 2024
  19. Windance posted a new thread.

Server Lag Spike ~ 90s+

Bertox decided LS raids were too easy and gave us a 90s+ lag spike ... ( 4/4/2024 ~ 8: 40 pm est) Results were as expected. LOADING ......

Forum: Bug Reports

Apr 4, 2024
  20. Windance liked Eaedyilye's post in the thread Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?.

A simple request. Stable gameplay.

Apr 4, 2024
  21. Windance liked Briano's post in the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

Came to report the same as Xyroff. Raided on Vox last night, T1 and T2 raids ran smooth in LS. We will run T3 on Sunday and hoping it runs...

Apr 4, 2024
  22. Windance liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

Thanks for your efforts getting this fixed! It's been a bit of a bumpy road ever since the DX11 update. But you've always been on top...

Apr 4, 2024
  23. Windance liked Kiras's post in the thread Pal'lomen raid achivement question.

How exactly does the interrupt thing work for Margator in the raid version of Pal'lomen? Trying to do it with precision, not brute force...

Apr 4, 2024
  24. Windance liked adetia's post in the thread Pal'lomen raid achivement question.

This function doesn't work properly, imo. See more details here:...

Apr 4, 2024
  25. Windance replied to the thread Brewmaster Berina AEing PoK.

I have to admit it would be kind of funny to see it happen. With that said, probably should be fixed.

Apr 3, 2024
  26. Windance liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Brewmaster Berina AEing PoK.

Wouldn't have come from the NPC, someone participating in the Final Fugue raid left the zone before curing Cold Flames or Hot Flames, it...

Apr 3, 2024
  27. Windance liked Allayna's post in the thread Brewmaster Berina AEing PoK.

It’s a requested feature, to clear out lag in PoK. Keep up the good work. I love to watch 200 afk people in a non combat zone fall over.

Apr 3, 2024
  28. Windance liked Fenthen's post in the thread Brewmaster Berina AEing PoK.

Gonna gate to Guild Lobby the next time I get this, help free up that lagpile!

Apr 3, 2024
  29. Windance replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

What was the answer? do they plan to add aug slots or are the masks "as is" ?

Apr 2, 2024
  30. Windance liked Bonde's post in the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

How the "lag" looks like. On the image below, we have a LS raid encounter. Xtended target has boss and adds. They are slowly going down...

Apr 1, 2024
  31. Windance replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

What's your highest persona? - zero Roughly how many hours did it take to get to that level? - zero Did you use a heroic character for...

Apr 1, 2024
  32. Windance liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

Thanks for the feedback. The time budget for processing client/server messages has been made more tunable and that budget was reduced to...

Apr 1, 2024
  33. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

We ran some raids Saturday night (on bertox) and I didn't notice any significant changes (good or bad) with respect to lag. GINA seemed to...

Apr 1, 2024
  34. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

The patch fixed the npc spawn lag I was getting on the mushroom raid. I did notice that turning into the lag piles is back. To be fair it...

Mar 30, 2024
  35. Windance liked Mulerien's post in the thread Moors of Nokk Achievement: Suffer No Shocks.

When we decided to get the achievement, we tanked the magus in the corner by the cages within line of sight dhakka, and had the entire raid...

Mar 30, 2024
  36. Windance liked Jack's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

WTB option in settings to turn on stick figures for raids and running around pok. BRING BACK THE STICK FIGURES! I hate messing around...

Mar 29, 2024
  37. Windance replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

I do the same. Would be nice to have a command line option I can use for my "raid setup" hotkey.

Mar 29, 2024
  38. Windance liked Fanra's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Options > Display - Show Pet Names (checkbox, uncheck to not show) Also has the following checkboxes: Show PC Names Show NPC Names...

Mar 29, 2024
  39. Windance replied to the thread 90% rez.

Anyone who is raiding and declines to take a 90% rez's should be benched. Outside of raids, everyone has the option of using a healer...

Mar 29, 2024
  40. Windance liked Cadira's post in the thread 90% rez.

Kinda off topic but I just want to say if you're on live and don't take 90's, you're a scumbag.

Mar 28, 2024
  41. Windance liked Cairbrae's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Thanks. We're following up on the new kaleidoscope information we're getting. It looks like a race condition is sneaking into two...

Mar 28, 2024
  42. Windance replied to the thread Moors of Nokk Achievement: Suffer No Shocks.

This is the raid where you are in the small fort and the commander pops "axes" while you heal the good NPC though the arrow attacks.

Mar 28, 2024
  43. Windance posted a new thread.

Moors of Nokk Achievement: Suffer No Shocks

We've started working on raid achievements and so far this one has eluded me. Any advice? So far we tried all the standard stuff. -...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Mar 28, 2024
  44. Windance replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Is there a command line option to hide pet names like "/show off" does for PC names?

Mar 28, 2024
  45. Windance liked Jevax's post in the thread On the Social Organization of Frogloks.

What follows is a lore discussion of elements of froglok culture that I personally find interesting. The frogloks, like some other...

Mar 27, 2024
  46. Windance liked Brickhaus's post in the thread On the Social Organization of Frogloks.

I don't know whether to applaud or seek help for you...

Mar 27, 2024
  47. Windance replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Sadly you still get raid lag when you run into the inn and there are 60+ people all waiting at the door to get in.

Mar 27, 2024
  48. Windance liked Fanra's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Unfortunately, there are many chat options you cannot hide. The recent changes to chat filters seem to have made this much worse, as many...

Mar 27, 2024
  49. Windance liked Toni's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Completely get rid of raid lag in modern EQ? Don't raid.

Mar 27, 2024
  50. Windance replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

This is a really good comment. I had a guild member complain about lag. Turns out his kids were sucking down all his bandwidth ...

Mar 27, 2024
  51. Windance liked Captain Video's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Also, do not run streaming services (e.g. Netflix) while raiding in EQ. HD streamers are notorious bandwidth eaters, and low available...

Mar 27, 2024
  52. Windance replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

Has anyone see a list of the possible drops from the raid?

Mar 27, 2024
  53. Windance liked adetia's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Archive/Delete your log daily - I use gina to do this but there are a number of other log management solutions. For YEARS I did this weekly...

Mar 27, 2024
  54. Windance replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Do you always lag on the same fights? Dextrix should be one of the more lag free fights, but, you'll still get a lag spike each time...

Mar 27, 2024
  55. Windance replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Is the lag specific to certain raids? If so is it an event where multiple mobs spawn at the same time?

Mar 27, 2024
  56. Windance liked Smokezz's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

When you find out, let the rest of us know please.

Mar 27, 2024
  57. Windance replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

The other thing you can do is try to identify which item is causing the glitch. Try zoning out and coming back in, does it happen again?...

Mar 26, 2024
  58. Windance replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

For those still getting these errors ... Please open up your eqclient.ini and post the settings for: TextureQuality=1 MipMapping=FALSE...

Mar 26, 2024
  59. Windance replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

I have not seen it since I changed my textures to highest quality/most memory.

Mar 25, 2024
  60. Windance replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

They are too far along to "roll back" the DX11 change. Its not going to happen. If you want to help, try to identify the conditions...

Mar 25, 2024
  61. Windance replied to the thread a forge courier.

I think its kind of expected at this point. They have so many other big fish on the table that non game breaking stuff likely isn't...

Mar 25, 2024
  62. Windance liked Fenthen's post in the thread a forge courier.

[IMG] Weird that this still hasn't been fixed yet. There was a mentioned in beta that this mob was problematic.

Mar 25, 2024
  63. Windance replied to the thread a forge courier.

I've had the bird warp out of no where on group missions a couple times. Can be very bad depending on when it chooses to pop in.

Mar 25, 2024
  64. Windance liked Svann2's post in the thread Test Update 03/19/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Good job team! Any word from test server on how its working out?

Mar 24, 2024
  65. Windance replied to the thread What made you decide to try EQ back then.

Too long ago to remember clearly. I suspect that I heard about it from friends either RL or on line. I'd been playing text based MUD's...

Mar 20, 2024
  66. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 03/19/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

If this patch looks good can we expect an out of cycle patch for live? The NPC spawn lag has been a major annoyance for months and any...

Mar 19, 2024
  67. Windance liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Test Update 03/19/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

March 19, 2024 _____________________ *** Miscellaneous *** - Optimized NPC respawn processing and reduced its contribution to per-frame...

Mar 19, 2024
  68. Windance replied to the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

When you are posting the clips showing the graphics bugs, take a moment to also post your computer specs: OS, CPU, GPU -- AND -- the in...

Mar 19, 2024
  69. Windance replied to the thread download gina.

First - Using your logic you could say there should be no: - Forums/website - because you can find write ups about how to do a raid and...

Mar 18, 2024
  70. Windance liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Any chance you can share what you think the problem was and what you did that may have fixed it?

Mar 16, 2024
  71. Windance liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Internal good news to share: Typical NPC spawn performance has been improved by about 10x and its contribution to per-frame spikes has been...

Mar 15, 2024
  72. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Thank you Sunjis for the post. It is a nice, clean, way to prove the scope of the problem. Love the data/graphs. They really need to...

Mar 15, 2024
  73. Windance liked sunjis's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Situation still unchanged for me regarding this issue. The changes to allow more texture preloading made things much smoother in many areas...

Mar 15, 2024
  74. Windance liked Legbertoman's post in the thread Semi new player getting fed up with 110 plus.

So to start ive been playing EQ for 7 or so months now. For the most part i have enjoyed it. I am 110 now and play mostly solo or in a...

Mar 15, 2024
  75. Windance liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Much improvement from this patch.

It's still really bad in the FF mission. I also noticed it last night in TF while camping named...everytime something repopped in the...

Mar 15, 2024
  76. Windance liked error's post in the thread Much improvement from this patch.

Still getting that half second client hitch whenever a group of mobs spawn in raids/missions since DX11 went live, but other than that no...

Mar 15, 2024
  77. Windance replied to the thread Constant LDs since patch.

We have 2-3 people who seem to always go LD during raids. Makes the raids extra spicy.

Mar 14, 2024
  78. Windance posted a new thread.

Raid event: Myconid Mutiny - Massive Lag (still)

The Mar 13th patch does not seem to have addressed the issue. I'm still getting massive lag spikes when each wave of workers spawn. If...

Mar 14, 2024
  79. Windance replied to the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

You guys are splitting hairs. I wouldn't read much into any of their answers.

Mar 14, 2024
  80. Windance replied to the thread Confirmed Statue of the Altruistic Valorian is still black.

Are you using all the highest quality textures? I saw this a lot when the DX11 patch first came out because I was set to use least...

Mar 14, 2024
  81. Windance replied to the thread Confirmed Statue of the Altruistic Valorian is still black.

The specific issue with this model is the shaders. Try toggling them on and off and (depending on your settings) it should toggle between...

Mar 13, 2024
  82. Windance liked Bilderov's post in the thread Exp was changed to TOV Hero Missions? Why?.

Having seen a recent post about a level 1 beating Vox / Nagafen via personas, I can see this nerf being a potential knee-jerk reaction to...

Mar 12, 2024
  83. Windance liked Dre.'s post in the thread Exp was changed to TOV Hero Missions? Why?.

I still find it reasonably fun up to 70/80 or so, depending on the class. After that, exp per kill is so brutally low that you really...

Mar 12, 2024
  84. Windance liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

Can it permakill all agents involved to reduce overseer lag? Please?

Mar 12, 2024
  85. Windance liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I havent bought any kronos for the last 2 years. The only way they get more sub money from me is if I run out of kronos and I feel its...

Mar 11, 2024
  86. Windance replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

Totally agree.

Mar 11, 2024
  87. Windance liked Smokezz's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

I'll just say it now... we only got 8 raids this year. Leave the 25th anniversary raid in all year long like you did GMM. Honestly, it's...

Mar 11, 2024
  88. Windance liked kizant's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

The Damage Summary uses time based on when the players are doing damage. Tanking Summary when players are receiving damage. Healing...

Mar 9, 2024
  89. Windance replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

That would fit the bill for what I'm looking to do.

Mar 9, 2024
  90. Windance liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Test Update 03/07/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Finally had a chance to log in to Test tonight on my ancient i7-870 + GTX 560. Graphics/Texture loading - Much improved since last patch....

Mar 9, 2024
  91. Windance replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

That is exactly what I was starting to do, until I found I was missing clerics because some don't do any dps and thus don't get...

Mar 8, 2024
  92. Windance posted a new thread.

EQLogParser questions

First, Great program! Thank you Mr. Kauffman. Q: Is there an good/easy way to dump all the casting count data by class to a single file?...

Mar 8, 2024
  93. Windance liked Yinla's post in the thread Cold Potato achievement.

This is what we do. There is also a false gem so be careful of that. Our rangers handle ours. The guild know who to start with. They...

Mar 7, 2024
  94. Windance replied to the thread Cold Potato achievement.

We used 3x people. Each person passed it to the next A->B->C->A We told everyone in the raid to pass it to A first

Mar 6, 2024
  95. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Timer 9 is synergy line Timer 12 is the of fists line so I think it fits in 12 better than 9.

Mar 6, 2024
  96. Windance liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note. tl;dr This change will result in the...

Mar 5, 2024
  97. Windance replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Just to give another perspective. My guild has not completed T3. Some of the strats we've seen other guilds don't work for us. Because of...

Mar 5, 2024
  98. Windance liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

I'd like to see more attention and higher priority on the DX11 bug fixes and performance optimizations. Please and thank you.

Mar 5, 2024
  99. Windance liked MageGuy's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Some of you hate easy raids. Some of you hate hard raids. But you ALL will hate when this game isn't around anymore. Sit back. Relax....

Mar 3, 2024
  100. Windance liked Aldryn's post in the thread Raid Instance Lag vs EQZone Connections.

To anyone that's still following this, it's worth mentioning that the EQ Zone Box thing got a little bit of a revamp as recent as the other...

Mar 2, 2024
  101. Windance replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

I don't think its fair to say "non-effort". I would say its more of management pushing to releases feature that are not complete in...

Mar 2, 2024
  102. Windance liked Marton's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Would everybody leave if they raised subscription prices? No. But some would drop to f2p, some would leave, then their friends and...

Mar 2, 2024
  103. Windance liked Angahran's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Exactly! How many failed experiments has EQ funded over the years? Imagine if all that wasted money had been reinvested into EQ?

Mar 2, 2024
  104. Windance replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

I think you are far to generous.

Mar 2, 2024
  105. Windance liked Scila's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Anybody that wants to pay for my doubled price feel free. Not paying it.

Mar 2, 2024
  106. Windance liked Duder's post in the thread Ignore.

Is it... Waring or Uberkingkong? BOTH!!!!?

Mar 1, 2024
  107. Windance replied to the thread Spell not found error with Malo AA.

I've been bitten by this exact issue a few times. As others have pointed out, the text description would lead me to believe that it WILL...

Mar 1, 2024
  108. Windance liked Svann2's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Im already paying 2x so I can 2 box. Is that not enough?

Feb 28, 2024
  109. Windance replied to the thread Things I dislike about the UI.

Should be a pop up like for raid invites.

Feb 28, 2024
  110. Windance liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

But that is the point and why players are so angry. It is not a lack of money that is causing the current issues. And throwing more...

Feb 28, 2024
  111. Windance replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

I think if they jacked up the monthly price they would loose a lot of players. There are just too many other options out there, including...

Feb 28, 2024
  112. Windance replied to the thread /hidecampfire command please.

You might need to dial back the particle effects. Alt O -> Display tab -> right column middle of the panel are three particle tabs :...

Feb 28, 2024
  113. Windance liked Angahran's post in the thread Confirmed LS stun proc weapons - incorrect stun level.

Just a quick comment, The LS mission that requires you to stun the final named, Captain Kar the Unmovable. That mob is level 129. It...

Feb 27, 2024
  114. Windance replied to the thread Bidils the Quickhand: emote mechanic messed up.

Speaking of these emotes. Can you make a hotkey to just do all the emotes instead of picking just the one you are called to do? /bow...

Feb 27, 2024
  115. Windance replied to the thread Ghosting when zoning.....again..

I wouldn't say that the game is "running fine". The stutter when mobs spawn makes raids like Myconid Mutiny are real, and make the...

Feb 27, 2024
  116. Windance replied to the thread Ghosting when zoning.....again..

Yes. I am zoning faster since the Feb 21 patch. I have tweaked my memory.ini file to delay texture loads. I zone in fast and can...

Feb 27, 2024
  117. Windance liked Ratalthor's post in the thread Fixed Internally Raid event: Myconid Mutiny - Massive Lag.

Are there still issues with this raid event as of the latest update?

Feb 26, 2024
  118. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Internally Raid event: Myconid Mutiny - Massive Lag.

Yes. As of Feb 24th

Feb 26, 2024
  119. Windance replied to the thread Not A Bug, But....

I totally agree. Type 3 augs are a hassle and the effects should just be baked into the spells to begin with.

Feb 26, 2024
  120. Windance liked Yinla's post in the thread Not A Bug, But....

I'd love to see an end to the type 3s for multiple reasons.

Feb 26, 2024
  121. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Good thing there are no new players, eh? .... I'm 100% sure your 15 year has seen more just from watching youtube.

Feb 25, 2024
  122. Windance liked Svann2's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

I think this has always been a problem, but may be more frequent or noticeable to more people now. What Ive always seen is that while...

Feb 24, 2024
  123. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

With the way I have it set, I have almost no lag, because I'm not waiting on the textures to load.

Feb 24, 2024
  124. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I'm 95% positive that when you zoning, your character is placed in the zone before the "loading" screen goes away. If you have longer...

Feb 24, 2024
  125. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Then you actually WANT the game to let you in zone with out waiting for the all the textures to load. You trade grey bodies for load...

Feb 24, 2024
  126. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Still an issue after today's patch. No change.

Feb 24, 2024
  127. Windance liked sunjis's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Yes, I agree. Before the patch I played with unlimited framerate, but limited it to 60 after the DX11 transition because the...

Feb 24, 2024
  128. Windance liked Rogue001's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

We tried to do Deepshade: Myconid Mutiny last night and it was completely unplayable. Every time an add wave spawned everyone in the raid...

Feb 24, 2024
  129. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

From what I understand EQ is single threaded. Multi-threaded applications have to be carefully constructed or you get all kinds of very...

Feb 23, 2024
  130. Windance liked sunjis's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Tried to do some measurements today. In Toskirakk, since it's most consistent for me, there is not much else going on in the zone, and it...

Feb 23, 2024
  131. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

If you set your per-frame loads low you zone fast and can react smoothly, the cost is the models not having textures. After adjusting...

Feb 23, 2024
  132. Windance replied to the thread Post patch bugs..

Before when? DX11 push to live? or before this latest patch? I run the other way, I prefer smooth camera motion with delayed...

Feb 23, 2024
  133. Windance liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Post patch bugs..

Hitching is noticeably better like this. It's obviously not a perfect solution, but I'd way rather see some weird gray textures for a few...

Feb 23, 2024
  134. Windance replied to the thread Feb 21 Patch - Deepshade: The Artist - Lag spikes.

I understand. I just wanted to keep the problem front and center and confirm for others what we tested tonight so they don't have to waste...

Feb 22, 2024
  135. Windance liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

For those who want to wait for textures to load while zoning, please try this in your custom copy of Memory.ini. This is tuned to...

Feb 22, 2024
  136. Windance posted a new thread.

Feb 21 Patch - Deepshade: The Artist - Lag spikes

Deepshade: The Artist still getting bad lag spikes. We did a test to see how it was post patch. It was still bad. Maybe slightly better...

Feb 22, 2024
  137. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

You either get to run up to NPCs naked, or endure extra hitching. I already posted the only answer available, in this thread, until DB...

Feb 22, 2024
  138. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I had a project modifying a flight sim that used OpenGL and OpenSceneGraph (OSG). The graphics engine was critical and highly optimized...

Feb 22, 2024
  139. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

It appears that the new deferred texture loading is excluding models that are with in range but out of the camera field of view. Test:...

Feb 22, 2024
  140. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Accurate. Today's patch did not fix NPC load-in hitching. Memory.ini settings are not going to fix the NPC spawn-in hitching....

Feb 22, 2024
  141. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

One other recommended logic to force in memory.ini, for resampling to not occur that I failed to post in my earlier testing (page 10) is to...

Feb 22, 2024
  142. Windance liked Fanra's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Darkpaw needs to remove the option from the window if it does nothing.

Feb 22, 2024
  143. Windance liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

But more/better communication with the players (like posting things HERE as opposed to only posting on Discord) would probably cut down...

Feb 22, 2024
  144. Windance liked fransisco's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Don't forget: 3) competitions to make the most players suffer. Winner gets free candybars on thursdays. EQ is probably one of the...

Feb 22, 2024
  145. Windance liked Knifen's post in the thread Bug or Display Glitch Guild Manager.

I thought I had seen this before but whatever Im using to search isnt pulling up the info I am looking for. Ever since several of us went...

Feb 22, 2024
  146. Windance replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

The flip side of this is zoning seems to be faster than before. The difference is: rather than looking at the "loading screen" for an...

Feb 21, 2024
  147. Windance liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Graphical loading is now slower. More naked npc's. Turning to face 180 and turning back the world has to reload. memory has been effected...

Feb 21, 2024
  148. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Post patch bugs..

Memory.ini is where quickness of textures loading can be adjusted. TextureLoadsPerFrame at higher values will cause blank/gray textures to...

Feb 21, 2024
  149. Windance replied to the thread Ghosting when zoning.....again..

I think this is done by design. To me, it feels like we are zoning faster, which means we see our characters actually loading the...

Feb 21, 2024
  150. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Sadness. This means events that spawn lots of mobs are going to be super bad. Was hoping we'd get some returning members their last Dance...

Feb 21, 2024
  151. Windance liked Dewhead's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

After patch, still have hitching when mobs spawn into the world. Adjusted eqclient to use the default memory.ini and tested (Memory Mode...

Feb 21, 2024
  152. Windance liked Monkeychunks's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I and a lot of my friends are "older players" and while we love the game and are happy just to play along we cannot stomach any more UI...

Feb 21, 2024
  153. Windance liked Cicelee's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

There is a segment of the player base that want to sit in one corner of one zone and pull/kill the same 10 mobs for twelve months until...

Feb 21, 2024
  154. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Zero bows, 1x 2h, and ~3 or 4 1h

Feb 19, 2024
  155. Windance liked Amex111's post in the thread Insane Lag - Sathirs Tomb Raid.

Same is happening with Pit Fight now too. Please investigate dev's. That makes 1) Mycnoid Mutiny, 2) Pit Fight, and 3) now this one.

Feb 18, 2024
  156. Windance liked Koshka's post in the thread Insane Lag - Sathirs Tomb Raid.

Soon as the first event starts, the lag becomes absolutely insane. Pauses measured in seconds, and this is with only a few toons in the...

Feb 18, 2024
  157. Windance liked Fenthen's post in the thread Insane Lag - Sathirs Tomb Raid.

Raid lag is bad everywhere. I shouldn't have 2-3 seconds between song casts just because I'm raiding on a Sunday afternoon. I don't think...

Feb 18, 2024
  158. Windance replied to the thread No achievement failure notifications during the raid 'What Is It For?'.

Is there any "flavor" text you could look for to create a GINA trigger for the failure?

Feb 18, 2024
  159. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

The RNG has been kind to us this week. FIVE of the last five this week after a long dry spell. 2x 1h weapons ( had 3x from start of...

Feb 16, 2024
  160. Windance liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Do it with a druid healer. I could (and have) analyze the differences in priest healing, comparing and contrasting them as a whole...

Feb 15, 2024
  161. Windance liked Swiss's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I hope everyone looking at splash over heal 97%~ percent also factors in that half of that flat over heal amount is from swarms/pets, and...

Feb 15, 2024
  162. Windance liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Fixed Internally Reproducible Hitching: NPC Load-Ins & Multi-game-instance Zoning.

There is a change (improved deferred texture/animation loading) on Test server this week that should mitigate this issue somewhat.

Feb 15, 2024
  163. Windance liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I am hoping this is the first step in improving priest balance. Personally I would have boosted clerics and druids healing performance...

Feb 15, 2024
  164. Windance replied to the thread What does you guild use for loot distribution?.

Q1: What system are you using? - We use a fixed price, zero sum system. Each items price is set at the start of the expansion. The person...

Feb 15, 2024
  165. Windance posted a new thread.

What does you guild use for loot distribution?

I'm curious what loot system folks are using. Q1: What system are you using? Q2: What are the pro's and con's? Q3: What changes would...

Feb 15, 2024
  166. Windance replied to the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

I think a better metric would be the first to complete all the achievements. The PoM raid where you unfreeze people is going to be...

Feb 14, 2024
  167. Windance liked Knifen's post in the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

I think what Act of Valor is so eloquently trying to say, is perhaps this game isnt for you, as much as you dislike everything about it.

Feb 14, 2024
  168. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

The benefit would be making it easy for the few folks who want to directly edit the file to tweak files to see what the variables...

Feb 14, 2024
  169. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I agree. I have people who are afraid of touching their eqclient.ini grumping at me if I've heard when we are going to get a fix. ( I've...

Feb 13, 2024
  170. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Cairbrae: Any ETA on hitching being addressed due to NPC models/textures loading into the game world? To me this is the biggest...

Feb 13, 2024
  171. Windance liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Sorry, nothing for that issue yet. We're working on it. In the meanwhile, be sure to disable the AlwaysOnTop variable in eqclient.ini,...

Feb 13, 2024
  172. Windance liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Officer awarded, loot council or whatever. Have been in that system since 2008 (Triality then Realm of Insanity).

Feb 13, 2024
  173. Windance liked adetia's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Yes - if you buy the dropped, you pay X. If you buy the piece to make crafted you pay X. If you buy the dropped, and then upgrade to...

Feb 13, 2024
  174. Windance liked Allayna's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

As a former guild leader in a top end guild, one with a DKP system I inherited and attempted to change...slightly to a DKP decay, since...

Feb 13, 2024
  175. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

What system do you use?

Feb 13, 2024
  176. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I can double check my filters. Its likely I have the 0 heals turned off. Are you saying because they have so much over heal, the twin...

Feb 13, 2024
  177. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

If I want to min/max, and get the best value, then only buy the best item for each slot. Otherwise you are paying for that slot twice....

Feb 13, 2024
  178. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Looking at the top shaman from last nights raid, her spiritual shower accounted for: 80% of her total heals , 124M actual heal, 97M over...

Feb 13, 2024
  179. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I totally agree. Has anyone modified their loot policy within the last 2-4 years to handle the T1 vs TS loot ? If so how?

Feb 13, 2024
  180. Windance liked Warpeace's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

People could accept the fact that DKP is a very flawed system. But they won't simply because they refuse to change.

Feb 13, 2024
  181. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Yes. We use DKP. Its your "paycheck" for raiding. Lets say you have two different weapons you could buy: A - 357 magnum - pro:...

Feb 13, 2024
  182. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

How can it not? Those AE dots just got a lot harder to heal though.

Feb 13, 2024
  183. Windance replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I am assuming this means winter gift + spiritual shower no longer work together cutting the healing power of the shaman ae heal in half?

Feb 13, 2024
  184. Windance replied to the thread Raid: Ankexfen Keep: Prisoners of Ankexfen.

While I hope for your sake they make some changes to make it easier for you ... For now you probably just need to memorize which corner...

Feb 13, 2024
  185. Windance replied to the thread Direct x 11 port.

There are multiple threads about the issues. Here is my step by step version of the guides. This removes almost all your eye candy and...

Feb 12, 2024
  186. Windance replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

I suspect there are multiple "lag" problems. 1 - lag from loading characters/npc's in a zone. 2 - lag from rendering both PC and NPC...

Feb 11, 2024
  187. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

What DKP system do you use? And are people happy with it vs the way raid loot is done? When I ran the numbers you couldn't buy...

Feb 11, 2024
  188. Windance replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Since this is a "me" problem, I'm curious how the various guilds handle T1 loot and if people are happy with the current design and how...

Feb 11, 2024
  189. Windance liked Cicelee's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Curious how much currency each raider got in that raid week. Or how many spells went to raiders. Or how many alts got some loot I am...

Feb 11, 2024
  190. Windance liked Kaenneth's post in the thread Raids.

72 vs 54 would probably be MUCH worse lag; unplayable. right now the server has to tell 54 people what 53 other people are doing, that's...

Feb 10, 2024
  191. Windance liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread EQResource.

I think we need to give some donation or sub to this site, because we miss it now it's down.. it is resourceful .. >:)

Feb 10, 2024
  192. Windance liked Lodestar's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Just FYI: May not necessarily be a direct in-frame graphical rendering issue, as the freezing happens when not actually looking at...

Feb 10, 2024