Waring_McMarrin's Recent Activity

1. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

Again, the issue at hand isn't a 90% or 96% rez when a raid is out of combat rather if clerics should rez each corpse one by one or...

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:47 PM
  2. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

I think you are confusing things. The issue about taking a 90% rez is when the event is running and getting players back to to the...

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:04 PM
  3. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

Sure, but does it really matter if everyone gets a speedy rez and waits around for OOC or they get a mass rez after OOC starts and...

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:20 AM
  4. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON level range.

The formula for grouping as it scale from a minimum of 5 levels to a maximum of 30 levels...

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:17 AM
  5. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

They do need mana if they are casting their AE spell instead of spending more time rezing each corpse one by one.

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:06 AM
  6. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

If you end up zoning while the script is running you can still miss out on all of that.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:57 AM
  7. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person when changing pages. I meant to quote Strawberry who was complaining about the 90% rez for casual...

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:54 AM
  8. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 90% rez.

When talking about 90% rezes this is generally referring to raids when it isn't always possible for someone with a 96% rez to take the...

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:33 AM
  9. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Also can hide any logging messages you don't need such as damage and casting messages related to other players

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:21 AM
  10. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Even if the volunteers are fully trained up and don't need any training you still manager/developer time to assign/approve what they will...

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:54 AM
  11. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

You would need to ask the devs that question, they are the one who changed it from a system with guaranteed drops with a universal ore...

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:08 PM
  12. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I would rather have the current system which is slightly better then the old universal ore system over more possible changes that make...

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:43 PM
  13. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

The problem with that line of though ignores that overall people are gearing up faster under the new system even if it feels slower...

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:04 PM
  14. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

The issue isn't just the traffic between the servers and the client but what happens on the client machine itself.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:14 AM
  15. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

And it does add up quickly once the currency doubles again to 40 (44 with perk) you will be able to purchase the cheaper TS items in...

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:13 AM
  16. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Are you forgetting the ability to buy them with currency or just ignoring it? There should be enough currency to buy at least one by...

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:25 AM
  17. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 1000 DBC for an "Unclaimer" consumable would make a fortune for Darkpaw..

Account where not the only thing that has been sold since the start of the game, even without krono you would still have the same...

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:13 AM
  18. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 1000 DBC for an "Unclaimer" consumable would make a fortune for Darkpaw..

And people bought all sort of things from other players with real money right from the launch of the game. Krono had nothing to do with...

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:22 AM
  19. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 1000 DBC for an "Unclaimer" consumable would make a fortune for Darkpaw..

Because none of that ever happened before krono got added to the game.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:48 AM
  20. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

This is incorrect, the in game audio triggers are not looking at the logs rather what comes on the screen. You can turn logging off and...

Mar 21, 2024
  21. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

Strange how there is a supposed demand for a new PvP server yet everyone who has the ability to create a new one doesn't see that...

Mar 18, 2024
  22. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Year of Darkpaw quest has turned GFay into a level 100+ death zone..

TSS zones are not an option for all TLP servers and losing a starting zone can be a bit hit for the players who start in that zone.

Mar 18, 2024
  23. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

And those are still rules against boxing, just not the full no boxing at all allowed that you seem to be focused on.

Mar 17, 2024
  24. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Year of Darkpaw quest has turned GFay into a level 100+ death zone..

That doesn't help players who are starting in gfay and bound there.

Mar 17, 2024
  25. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

And I never said they had a rule that prohibited all boxing, I have said they have rules that limit the amount of boxing that can...

Mar 17, 2024
  26. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

And I have never said that there was a rule that prevented all boxing. I said that there where rules that limited boxing and those are...

Mar 17, 2024
  27. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

I never said anything about a "No Box" server, I said that they have limited the number of boxes that you can have and they had issues...

Mar 17, 2024
  28. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

Truebox is a rule that says you can only box one character per computer on that server. Aradune only allowed for playing two characters...

Mar 17, 2024
  29. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

They have and do have a rule that prohibits boxing on the same computer on some servers. They have and do have a rule that has a limit...

Mar 17, 2024
  30. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

While that is true you don't see people calling for other rules such as banning of 3rd party software that plays your character for you...

Mar 17, 2024
  31. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

Again, my comment was never on what rules Daybreak should or shouldn't do. The post I was responding to was suggesting that a rule...

Mar 17, 2024
  32. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread List of TLP release dates.

Launching with May's patch for the last couple of years with the announcement scheduled a little while before that.

Mar 17, 2024
  33. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

If there was demand for a new PvP server seems like it would be easy for the creators of P99 to make a new one for those players. Given...

Mar 17, 2024
  34. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

The issue isn't if Daybreak should or shouldn't do the rules rather the expectations that people have when asking for those rules in...

Mar 17, 2024
  35. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

No, I pointed out that asking for those rules with the expectation that it will stop botting/boxing on a server is asking to be...

Mar 17, 2024
  36. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

That isn't the way I read that post. The idea of creating rules isn't just because they can be easily enforced or not but because it is...

Mar 17, 2024
  37. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread download gina.

Not sure how this has been missed so far, but the best argument about the legality of GINA should be unlike other programs the name isn't...

Mar 17, 2024
  38. Waring_McMarrin liked Taktek!'s post in the thread download gina.

I'm not gonna read the 3 pages because I am lazy but I will say one thing. During the AMA, someone asked if the audio triggers built in...

Mar 17, 2024
  39. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

That is just silly, just because people manage to get around the rules regardless of attempts to enforce the rules doesn't mean that...

Mar 17, 2024
  40. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

There is no such thing as camps in Everquest outside of what players define and it doesn't matter how long you have been camping...

Mar 15, 2024
  41. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

You can't expect how things get enforced on a free private server to be the same as on the paid official servers. Not sure why people...

Mar 15, 2024
  42. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

That isn't correct, pulling the mob is engaging it which means that killing a mob that someone else pulled is kill stealing. This is...

Mar 15, 2024
  43. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

Sure they can add the rules in but enforcing it is the problem that was shown when they tried a server with a hard limit on boxes.

Mar 15, 2024
  44. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Exp and free Heroic tomorrow.

They still have use for a persona as they also grant gear/augs which lets you skip that step of leveling and skills as well which can...

Mar 15, 2024
  45. Waring_McMarrin liked Angahran's post in the thread download gina.

Nothing.

Mar 15, 2024
  46. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread download gina.

As I stated they do not "authorize" any program, rather they state what a program is and isn't allowed to do. One of the allowed...

Mar 15, 2024
  47. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread download gina.

They don't and will never have any "expressly authorized" software because as soon as they do it can be updated to do something that...

Mar 15, 2024
  48. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread download gina.

What exactly does GINA do that puts it on the naughty list?

Mar 15, 2024
  49. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread download gina.

I did get the latest version before I tested how sharing triggers works and my questions are based on what I saw with the sharing....

Mar 15, 2024
  50. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread download gina.

Couple of questions. 1. Is there a way to have it automatically merge in any share from an approved user? 2. Do you know of any...

Mar 15, 2024
  51. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Pretty sure they added in a time limit before the mob unlocks to prevent it from being kited forever.

Mar 15, 2024
  52. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

P99 doesn't have paying customers and there are fewer issues in banning unpaid users versus those that are paying for a service. Banks...

Mar 15, 2024
  53. Waring_McMarrin liked Fluid's post in the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

They actually did this. Rizlona and Aradune IIRC. People still radiate hate against Rizlona! Aradune, in spite of being truebox,...

Mar 15, 2024
  54. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It never was intended to solve the PL problem as they could have just made it so that no one got xp/loot from a mob that was unlocked...

Mar 14, 2024
  55. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Why would you say that? It is unlikely that any of the provided answers in that AMA went out without being vetted by someone in the...

Mar 14, 2024
  56. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

If anything I would expect them to not answer the question in the first place if it was something that was in the works for the next...

Mar 14, 2024
  57. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

It would seem very strange to say it is not yet implemented if it was going to happen in the next TLP and the work was done or in...

Mar 14, 2024
  58. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

That seems unlikely as the next TLP is only 2 months away and the work for that would already be done or in progress.

Mar 14, 2024
  59. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

???? Why would you think that? I was responding to someone who was suggesting that the wording Ngreth used suggested that it was being...

Mar 14, 2024
  60. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

Because the work needed to setup a new TLP server each year and deal with the older ones as they hit live or are ended early isn't free...

Mar 14, 2024
  61. Waring_McMarrin liked filthytlpplayer's post in the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

To be clear I'm on the pro-bst/ber side of this one. It was encouraging that the question didn't get a flat out "no we're not going to do...

Mar 14, 2024
  62. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

And we are going to have to agree to disagree on that point, as to me it doesn't say they want to do it rather that it has been talked...

Mar 14, 2024
  63. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on that, saying something isn't implemented yet doesn't mean that they are planning to do it....

Mar 14, 2024
  64. Waring_McMarrin liked Cicelee's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

I am merely speculating, but I would think if I hit one button and then lean back in my chair, hands clasped behind my head, while my six...

Mar 14, 2024
  65. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

Look at what I have bolded it is using unattended automated gameplay as an example but didn't say that was the only thing that...

Mar 14, 2024
  66. Waring_McMarrin liked Razorfall's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

from this post

Mar 14, 2024
  67. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Just because something "can" be done doesn't mean it is something that they want to do or are planning to do. The issue has never been...

Mar 14, 2024
  68. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

Much of what they said about things that sofrware is or isn't allowed to do in the past has been about the actions that it can perform...

Mar 14, 2024
  69. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

Might be better to post them in the actual AMA response thread so that it is more likely to be seen by the Daybreak side so they can...

Mar 14, 2024
  70. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

I have and that is why I read it as saying no without actually saying no. The amount of items on the list of things to do in the future...

Mar 14, 2024
  71. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

If you notice throughout the AMA use that type of wording a lot for things that have been asked for a lot in the past. It is an easy...

Mar 14, 2024
  72. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

As I stated, that response is a change from the past but doesn't saying you though about something but decided against doing it mean...

Mar 14, 2024
  73. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

That response is a change from the past but it also shows that they have the concerns that I have posted about with the classes not...

Mar 14, 2024
  74. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

JChan questioning why they would do something shows that they don't want to do it. And just because I am saying something that you...

Mar 14, 2024
  75. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Letting people know that the devs have already made statements on this this idea is constructive as it lets people know that there has...

Mar 14, 2024
  76. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Sure but not all types of automation can be detected by the same scripts, some things are easier to detect then others.

Mar 13, 2024
  77. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread I want a normal loot server but where you don't have to level. You just always are max level and AA..

No one is requesting to get all the loot they want or travel anywhere in the game with ease. It is just a request to reduce the amount...

Mar 13, 2024
  78. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Are you suggesting that it is humanly possible to trigger an action every .000021 seconds? That is something that is easy to catch in...

Mar 13, 2024
  79. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread I want a normal loot server but where you don't have to level. You just always are max level and AA..

No need to make this into a slippery slope where you get everything without doing anything. They already have ways to skip some of the...

Mar 13, 2024
  80. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Will the game even allow someone to script an action that frequently and not have it trigger alerts to investigate? Regardless FTE...

Mar 13, 2024
  81. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

That isn't the case as everyone will have a chance to agro it with abilities that can be used without the need of a script.

Mar 13, 2024
  82. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

I never said JChan listed the reasons in the AMA, I just made a statement that her questioning why something would be done is showing...

Mar 13, 2024
  83. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Pointing out what devs have said in the past and not being able to find things with search isn't breaking the rules or defaming the...

Mar 13, 2024
  84. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Wasn't it changed so that the mobs don't unlock until after they finish spawning meaning that it doesn't matter if you target it before...

Mar 13, 2024
  85. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

To me it sure sounds like it is something that they don't want to do as it seems pretty clear why players want this so that they can...

Mar 13, 2024
  86. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

They have stated it in the past and there is even a quote provided from JChan asking why they would do unlock beastlords and berskers...

Mar 13, 2024
  87. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

I have never stated that classic would be ruined by this, I have stated that there would be issues with the classes themselves not...

Mar 13, 2024
  88. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

As I have stated multiple times, search on the forums sucks and it is hard to find stuff not to mention I am not the only one who has...

Mar 13, 2024
  89. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Asking why they they would do something like that sure sounds like it isn't something that they would want to do and she isn't the only...

Mar 13, 2024
  90. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

And you also provided a quote from JChan who is in charge of everything asking why they would unlock beastlords/berserkers at TLP...

Mar 12, 2024
  91. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

I can't state what has been said about it in the past? Again, I am not the only person who makes this kind of statement about the idea...

Mar 12, 2024
  92. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

They disabled it for the exceptions just like they do with other rulesets such as random loot and some loot not being included.

Mar 12, 2024
  93. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

I am not the only person who has stated that the devs have said that they wanted to keep races, classes and race/class combos to the...

Mar 12, 2024
  94. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

4-5 months isn't long as this generally comes up each year around the time talk of the next TLP server starts up so it isn't surprising...

Mar 12, 2024
  95. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

I do know that devs who have stated it in the past still work on Everquest, the issue is that finding things on the forums through...

Mar 12, 2024
  96. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread I want a normal loot server but where you don't have to level. You just always are max level and AA..

That one is different in a key aspect as while you do start out at level 90 and with level 90 gear your level and gear also scales to...

Mar 12, 2024
  97. Waring_McMarrin liked Fenthen's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

We would have broken raids, or no raids at all, until like August. The reason the strategies are provided by Absor is so that we can...

Mar 12, 2024
  98. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

No one is trying to shut anyone up, we are just letting the requester know that the question has been asked in the past and the...

Mar 12, 2024
  99. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Just because the community wants something and the devs interact with them doesn't mean that they need to or are going to agree with...

Mar 12, 2024
  100. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

That would be fine if we didn't keep getting posts asking for it over and over again when we already have had an answer on the subject.

Mar 12, 2024
  101. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

And free trade happened because they also added in random loot. The issue with free trade is that it would allow bots to lock down key...

Mar 12, 2024
  102. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

It has been stated by employees who are still working at Daybreak and on Everquest.

Mar 12, 2024
  103. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Trying to find stuff on the everquest forums is almost impossible but as I stated before I am not the only one who has stated that the...

Mar 12, 2024
  104. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

It has been stated on the forums and in AMA by the devs that they don't want to unlink classes, races and class/race combos from the...

Mar 12, 2024
  105. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

They have stated multiple times in the past that they don't want to unlink beastlords and berskersrs from their expansions and I am not...

Mar 12, 2024
  106. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

1. Sure they don't get the final say but they do have a large say when it comes to unlinking content from the expansion it was released...

Mar 11, 2024
  107. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

There is a difference between recommending a 25+ year old MMO where there is not the player base at lower levels to help people get...

Mar 11, 2024
  108. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

None of that means that they want to introduce race/class combinations that are missing many of the items that they should have or add...

Mar 11, 2024
  109. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

The devs are never going to release content that is missing all those things as they know the players will just complain about it.

Mar 11, 2024
  110. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

There is under 200k items in the game total and most of them never have to be randomized. Sure there was a lot of items that had to be...

Mar 11, 2024
  111. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

A different artificial race?

Mar 11, 2024
  112. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

You may argue that it warps balance but the fact remains that is what is required for them to unlock beastlords and berserkers at...

Mar 11, 2024
  113. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

There are still balance issues with allowing for classes before the expansion that they came with and a lot of work to move races...

Mar 11, 2024
  114. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Or they use crescent reach which is where they stick every race/class now for ftp players and give that option for all other players.

Mar 11, 2024
  115. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Never going to happen as there are issues with that such as missing graphics, missing items, missing tradeskill items, and faction issues...

Mar 11, 2024
  116. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

When I first looked I saw a few sites talking about Runescape being shutdown in 2018 and after digging deeper it was just the classic...

Mar 10, 2024
  117. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

This thread was started about FTE and someone brought up the plat dupe which is what I responded to. I can't help it if you decided...

Mar 8, 2024
  118. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

What exactly does that legacy XP issue have to do with FTE or the plat dupe? Sure it was a bug but it isn't directly related to FTE or...

Mar 8, 2024
  119. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

No, I am simply stating that they handled it the same as they always do and I am not referring at all to how fast they reacted to the...

Mar 8, 2024
  120. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

And there is nothing that can be done about how long it took except to take steps to make sure the next one is stopped faster.

Mar 8, 2024
  121. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

And this isn't about the size of the impact on one of the servers or why they took so long to react in this case. The way they handled...

Mar 8, 2024
  122. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

The issues isn't that they are fixing broken things that are present in the game. I wouldn't consider Everquest and Runescape similar...

Mar 8, 2024
  123. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Runescape has also been shutdown in the past and relaunched.

Mar 8, 2024
  124. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

What are you trying to say with that?

Mar 8, 2024
  125. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

What do you mean by back in the day? Do you mean 20+ years ago when the game was relatively new? I am sure most people would agree that it...

Mar 8, 2024
  126. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I think it comes down to a few things such as no more DPS race, can't KS a mob and you have to tag it first to get it, you can't train...

Mar 7, 2024
  127. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread TLP Woes and Hopes - Constructive Thoughts Please.

That is dead on arrival as the only way that is possible if it was on a different subscription model from every other server as a...

Mar 7, 2024
  128. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

The specific date of a couple entries might be wrong but that does not mean that the data in the entries themselves is bad.

Mar 7, 2024
  129. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

What evidence is there to support this? What is there to even test with the calendar system? If they need to test it they would do it...

Mar 6, 2024
  130. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

I never said that the calendar entries are correct, just that they are showing an accurate picture of what it looks like on test server...

Mar 6, 2024
  131. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

I would suggest logging onto the test server as the calendar can and does change with the test patch and won't be reflected on live...

Mar 6, 2024
  132. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

I would find it more likely that the calendar is wrong over the roadmap.

Mar 6, 2024
  133. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread This is a rip off!.

But you are getting exactly what is advertised and complaining about it.

Mar 6, 2024
  134. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread This is a rip off!.

That goes back to what I said at the start. The rewards for it are the same as when they got released. There is no reason to expect...

Mar 5, 2024
  135. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread This is a rip off!.

Yes, that goes back to my earlier post saying I wasn't sure what expansion you needed for those packs. It doesn't matter that they come...

Mar 5, 2024
  136. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread This is a rip off!.

But you can claim the free DBC and make that purchase on any server.

Mar 5, 2024
  137. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread This is a rip off!.

Yep, which means that the items received are exactly what was advertised. Not sure what expansions the TLP servers need to...

Mar 5, 2024
  138. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread This is a rip off!.

Are the rewards from those LoN packs different from what the gave back when they got introduced to the game? The main issue is that the...

Mar 5, 2024
  139. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

Only way that would be possible is if they created a new subscription that was only valid for that single server which would doom it...

Mar 5, 2024
  140. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New tlp please.

All that matters is how they designed it based on how they thought the game would scale and it is unlikely that the extra servers would...

Mar 5, 2024
  141. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

There is a difference between spending the same as other MMO's and spending more then other modern MMO's, sure some will stay around...

Mar 4, 2024
  142. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Sure some would stay but you also have people who would leave for a newer and cheaper game. As more people do that the number of people...

Mar 3, 2024
  143. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New tlp please.

Load balancers don't matter when you have single databases acting as a backend for servers. When you are talking about a 25+ year old...

Feb 28, 2024
  144. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New tlp please.

That is just one limitation, and as I mentioned before the load that additional servers puts on the shared resources. Spinning up more...

Feb 28, 2024
  145. Waring_McMarrin liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

This right here. EQ does not exist in a vacuum. It's not the only MMO out there. Doubling the cost for a much older MMO makes...

Feb 28, 2024
  146. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Also as has been mentioned this would impact all games covered by the subscription which include Everquest, Everquest 2, Planetside 2, and...

Feb 28, 2024
  147. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Increasing the price of the subscription doesn't mean that they will be spending more money on Everquest or any existing game. Not to...

Feb 28, 2024
  148. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New tlp please.

Why have they delayed launching a new TLP until after they have done server merges in the past? Everquest uses a shared database for...

Feb 28, 2024
  149. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 31 expansion simple request.

Capping mercs at a given level won't increase the number of players available to group with at higher levels.

Feb 28, 2024
  150. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Everquest appears to be charging the same rate that other MMO's are charging for a subscription, if that was doubled that would give every...

Feb 28, 2024
  151. Waring_McMarrin liked fransisco's post in the thread Ordering Kronos.

Because they want to make sure the purchase clears. When you use a CC at a store, the store doesn't immediately get the money, it can take...

Feb 28, 2024
  152. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Ordering Kronos.

The issue comes up when someone purchases a krono, trades it to someone else and then either the payment fails or is charged back.

Feb 28, 2024
  153. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

They would have to change any parts that are flagged for the GoD expansion as well which also includes the class itself. It is unlikely...

Feb 27, 2024
  154. Waring_McMarrin liked Angeliana's post in the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Changing the original post then repeatedly telling others to "read the thread" is the epitome of goal post moving and causes issues and...

Feb 27, 2024
  155. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New tlp please.

It would just cause the population on the servers to drop faster as players move from one TLP to the next. As they have a limit on the...

Feb 23, 2024
  156. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

Why would you want to remove krono if it isn't for RMT concerns?

Feb 23, 2024
  157. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

Except that isn't the case in early expansions as raid drops are all tradeable for the most part. Also in early expansions there are a...

Feb 23, 2024
  158. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

I simply stated that there should be no stripping of buffs if they allow people to switch between PvP and PvE modes on a server. You...

Feb 23, 2024
  159. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

Krono are account level items and as such they are available on ever Everquest server (As well as every game that your subscription works...

Feb 23, 2024
  160. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Masks from Tower.

Yes, but you don't need to actually raid in order to clear the trash and get the drops you just need to get a raid instance. Players...

Feb 23, 2024
  161. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Masks from Tower.

The luck aug (slot 22) is not a raid aug rather it is just a charm aug slot. Group charms also have the type 22 aug slot...

Feb 23, 2024
  162. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Sure if you want to take the slippery slope route and suggest that them not including every change in a patch could/should be extended...

Feb 23, 2024
  163. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

And I am not the only one who wants this as there is always lots of requests each year for the new TLP server to be free trade. Not to...

Feb 23, 2024
  164. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

What evidence is there to support that a server with most things no trade will be healthy? Given the fact that there has been a high...

Feb 23, 2024
  165. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

Because the issue isn't just about handing things off to alts on the same account rather acquiring them for characters on different...

Feb 23, 2024
  166. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

And it doesn't need to be either, they leave things off the patch notes all the time for various reasons and they are not the only game...

Feb 23, 2024
  167. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

First, not everyone has alts that they want to pass things down to. Second there is a big difference between making everything free...

Feb 23, 2024
  168. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

What server is very healthy? This is a discussion about rules for a new server and it is just speculation that a server with most...

Feb 23, 2024
  169. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

Picks only help if there are enough players to spawn them and keep them active but even that doesn't solve all the problems. Also it...

Feb 23, 2024
  170. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Sure it wasn't a secret but that doesn't mean everyone realized how much it was giving and was doing that quest every chance they had....

Feb 23, 2024
  171. Waring_McMarrin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Because folks like to discuss things?

Feb 23, 2024
  172. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread New server(s).

What does making things no drop and players selling looting rights have to do with the number of players who use the bazaar or chat...

Feb 23, 2024