Vumad's Recent Activity

1. Vumad liked Borm_of_fv's post in the thread Mage fun to play anymore?.

Ummmmm. I’m Borm from FV and my cunningly anonymous account is borm_of_fv. Perhaps my NSA level of indirection was too much for you?

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:36 PM
  2. Vumad liked Borm_of_fv's post in the thread Mage fun to play anymore?.

I’m going to be honest, most of your posts are as cut and paste as those annoying “Hello, this is Becky from card services” spam calls....

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:35 PM
  3. Vumad replied to the thread Shall I toss the towel?.

Today a L97 rogue returning from CotF followed me around HS as I got the last VP piece I needed for the mage. While we were in...

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:27 PM
  4. Vumad replied to the thread New Player Heroic Boost and other questions.

Only you can decide how you want to play. I left during HoT and came back during RoS. I raided then and I raid now. (for reference, this is...

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:56 PM
  5. Vumad replied to the thread [Feedback] Back quote character used in place of apostrophe..

Okay. Thanks. The one I have been using the most is the .* to skip things like spell rank tags and {s} for who casted glyph spray...

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:02 PM
  6. Vumad replied to the thread Mage fun to play anymore?.

The mage pet jumps in the moment the key finishes. My point was that the pet will do its own thing once assigned. I was directing...

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:59 PM
  7. Vumad replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

My MacBook pro has 16gb of DDR3 RAM with a SSD so it's very possible that your limiting factor in EverQuest is your RAM and not the...

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  8. Vumad replied to the thread Mage fun to play anymore?.

Mage pets can tank named in Kael and at a minimum trash in ToFS. I am pretty sure all of these mages have maxed out fortification etc...

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:03 AM
  9. Vumad posted a new thread.

Hero's Forge Consolidator alternatives

Can we get an non-DBC hero's forge consolidator that is unlimited uses but non-tradable and does not remove the attuned tag. The keychain...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:39 AM
  10. Vumad replied to the thread Shall I toss the towel?.

First of all, you making the choice to purchase something that provides not strength benefit in game is a choice you made. It is in...

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:35 AM
  11. Vumad replied to the thread I'm All Out of Ideas ....

You can't molo with a tank merc because you wont get any DPS. Rogue mercs and cleric mercs are the only mercs carrying their weight...

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:31 AM
  12. Vumad replied to the thread How long do EQ expansions last?.

A lot of it depends on what you do with your time. The Devs have done a decent job expanding rewards out over play times. If you play very...

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:23 AM
  13. Vumad replied to the thread Remastered eq.

This looks nice. This goes with what I said above with changing game play. If I wanted ESO I'd play it. That is not...

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:18 AM
  14. Vumad replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

Something important about EQ. It is a CPU, not a GPU, dependent game. I can run multiple instances of EQ on my Macbook Pro 2015 utilizing...

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:12 AM
  15. Vumad replied to the thread [Feedback] Back quote character used in place of apostrophe..

Thank you. I didn't know this. Have a good source of RegEx for Gina? Just started writing my triggers, and although I went to the...

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:57 AM
  16. Vumad liked Nniki's post in the thread [Feedback] Back quote character used in place of apostrophe..

Btw, you can search for your log text in GINA too. There's a button to create a new trigger for the line directly from the search...

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:56 AM
  17. Vumad replied to the thread GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta.

Appreciate everything you have done on this. GamParse has changed some of my gameplay for the better. Not only the DPS, but for...

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:12 PM
  18. Vumad liked Allayna's post in the thread GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta.

GamParse, the only thing with a longer testing period than Pantheon.

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:08 PM
  19. Vumad replied to the thread [Feedback] Back quote character used in place of apostrophe..

I use GamParse to find the statement output by the game to the log file and then copy and paste that statement into gina using the...

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:08 PM
  20. Vumad replied to the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

As an ENC with project illusion... A marketplace full of purchasable illusions makes this entire thread just absolute trash reading to...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:58 PM
  21. Vumad liked Allayna's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

100% this. Dreadspire Keep style with the formal dinner invitation preventing you from having to run through the hive.

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:51 PM
  22. Vumad liked Fian's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

Personally I think they should add some locked doors to newer expansions. IMO, though, the ideal locked door would be one that is a short...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:51 PM
  23. Vumad liked Fanra's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

[IMG]

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:50 PM
  24. Vumad liked Belkar_OotS's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

Could add it as a stance to the rogue merc

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:50 PM
  25. Vumad liked Sokki's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

On live servers it's not as easy to get a bard/rogue to run to a far zone just to open a door or 2. Also, a lot of times I would run...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:49 PM
  26. Vumad liked Allayna's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

I always thought it odd we can’t just destroy a locked door. We can kill gods... Devastation started the environment interactive items...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:48 PM
  27. Vumad liked Qbert's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

Did that change? It always required a target to click before, and since 99% of doors aren't targetable it doesn't work ><

28. Vumad liked Cragzop's post in the thread Locked Doors. Is this a dead issue, or can we lobby for a change?.

Appreciate the response, but you should really investigate your suggestions if you aren't sure. The analyzer from DH only works on...

29. Vumad replied to the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

Adam Ruins Everything covered the tipping topic very well. Arguably tipping would be more illegal / unethical (historically) than not...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:36 PM
  30. Vumad replied to the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

They didn't implied consent so you didn't help and they died. Harsh, but a good use of irony. You mean it does not apply to...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:31 PM
  31. Vumad liked Allayna's post in the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

As a registered nurse I’ll remember that when I see you suddenly collapse of a heart attack. I’m not arguing that this Kael stuff is...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:26 PM
  32. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

If they applied the stats to tank mercs that giants are using, would that make tank mercs viable?

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:21 PM
  33. Vumad replied to the thread Remastered eq.

Something about remastered. A remaster is not a remake. I bought the new version of Goldeneye, shut it off and returned it in 5 minutes of...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:14 PM
  34. Vumad liked Vhayne's post in the thread Remastered eq.

Sorry, I disagree with most of that. Also, sorry for the long reply.... In recent years, many "classic" games have seen...

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:08 PM
  35. Vumad replied to the thread Old content?.

Since VP in RoS is a locked zone, I'd suggest starting with RoS progression. However, the KorZok in RoS do cast an AE that is very harsh...

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:59 PM
  36. Vumad liked Risiko's post in the thread [Quest Idea] In memory of the vision.

Quest Giver: A bard in a tavern in Freeport and Qeynos speaks a tale of ranger who dared to wear platemail and wield a sword of flames....

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM
  37. Vumad liked Cadira's post in the thread 2 patches one week..... double exp to follow? :D.

F that, double rares!

Feb 15, 2020 at 11:59 AM
  38. Vumad replied to the thread Is this game still very much active?.

The game is doing well still but populations can be very low on live servers in the low levels. On the up side there are no disadvantages...

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:02 AM
  39. Vumad replied to the thread Shall I toss the towel?.

This is a logical argument however if you are getting one-rounded in Eastern Wastes by anything as a paladin something is seriously...

Feb 15, 2020 at 9:54 AM
  40. Vumad liked DeadLikeMe's post in the thread Suggestions to Devs?.

Can a group leader be able to disband a group from the raid without breaking up the group please?

Feb 15, 2020 at 9:48 AM
  41. Vumad liked Mazame's post in the thread Suggestions to Devs?.

People read pay stubs?

Feb 15, 2020 at 9:47 AM
  42. Vumad replied to the thread Shall I toss the towel?.

A scam is a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation. You have not been scammed in the slightest. You were given exactly what you paid...

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:09 AM
  43. Vumad liked Liin Edud (Tunare)'s post in the thread Eyes of Life and Decay / Luminous Restless Ice.

Follow up question : Does Luminous Restless Ice stack with the familiar from finishin Paragon in ROS? Emperor Ganak

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:57 AM
  44. Vumad replied to the thread 24 Hours down.

I don't think we should get a time credit. They still have costs even if we do not have play time and those costs and down times are and...

Feb 11, 2020
  45. Vumad liked shattered_dream's post in the thread VR Kelethin.

The thing is, he is not actually making EQ in VR. He is exporting the zones, putting them in Blender, inverting normals, then exporting as...

Feb 11, 2020
  46. Vumad replied to the thread 24 Hours down.

Since I am going to try DCUO today, I'm going to put a shameless plug that I wish it were cross-play. I much prefer to be in a recliner...

Feb 11, 2020
  47. Vumad liked Cadira's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

[IMG]

Feb 11, 2020
  48. Vumad liked Nennius's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

This just in! I found an image of their most recent meeting to plan for the expected data migration. [IMG]

Feb 11, 2020
  49. Vumad liked Ashian's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

Can’t wait for the servers to come up Tuesday afternoon and for everyone to complain that they had made other plans in anticipation of the...

Feb 11, 2020
  50. Vumad liked jeskola's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

Or 2/11 will be a record sales day for Jergens and Kleenex

Feb 11, 2020
  51. Vumad liked Szilent's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

mark your calendars, folks. Nov 11 gonna be EQ babies day!

Feb 11, 2020
  52. Vumad liked yepmetoo's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

You already get a free day, leap year.

Feb 11, 2020
  53. Vumad replied to the thread Death touch as an anti-kite mechanic.

Cloud, please stop. Bug, lag or otherwise, your coding background is causing you to argue semantics. You are probably right that this is a...

Feb 11, 2020
  54. Vumad liked Prathun's post in the thread Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains.

This will be addressed in the February update. Sorry for the extra flamey drake flames.

Feb 10, 2020
  55. Vumad replied to the thread Not A Bug Vanity ACH bug.

Also I don't think this is a game limitation. The hats say obtain and obviously you can not wear them all at the same time. The sets say...

Feb 9, 2020
  56. Vumad replied to the thread Not A Bug Vanity ACH bug.

Thanks for the info. Now I know to unload onto an mule until I have a full set. There are just way too many to keep them all.

Feb 9, 2020
  57. Vumad liked Jaylnn's post in the thread Not A Bug Vanity ACH bug.

Not a bug. It has always worked that way. The game checks for each piece while its worn. You need to collect the entire set and equip...

Feb 9, 2020
  58. Vumad liked Kamiko's post in the thread Guild Hall Yard... Please!.

Can we PLEASE increase the number of items allowed in guild hall yards to something more friendly than 210? The Guild Yard count should be...

Feb 9, 2020
  59. Vumad liked svann's post in the thread Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game..

Player input is never detrimental. The devs can agree with that input or ignore it. The detrimental part comes when/if the devs make a...

Feb 9, 2020
  60. Vumad posted a new thread.

Not A Bug Vanity ACH bug

I recently got the heroes forge so the only vanity I have completed atm is frostfell and I wore the full set for a while . But I just got...

Forum: Resolved

Feb 9, 2020
  61. Vumad replied to the thread Adding a F2P toon to group... CLR, DRU or BRD most effective F2P?.

I also have a "(group) end game" cleric so you're not telling me anything I don't already know about the abilities of a cleric. I get...

Feb 9, 2020
  62. Vumad replied to the thread Tradeskills that everyone needs..

Edit: On second thought this is a derail and I'm ditching it.

Feb 9, 2020
  63. Vumad liked Galliana's post in the thread Tradeskills that everyone needs..

What I would like to see is auto making of subcombines. Making something in a forge that requires metal bits but you don't have any? Ok, if...

Feb 9, 2020
  64. Vumad liked Szilent's post in the thread Tradeskills that everyone needs..

"Cooperation" is a fine proposition, but it's not like the Alchemists of the world can't also Bake & Smith & such. So in this case, sure,...

Feb 9, 2020
  65. Vumad liked Kurage_of_Luclin's post in the thread Tradeskills that everyone needs..

Please don't make sub combines for quest items that are not part of the basic skills given to every class. I think it adds an unnecessary...

Feb 9, 2020
  66. Vumad replied to the thread Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game..

I believe it is trivial because it is already solved. Essence of the dragon and bonus chests proved it possible and the code already...

Feb 9, 2020
  67. Vumad liked Bamboompow's post in the thread Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game..

That sums it up. The majority of the players tend to just want to best the game environment and couldn't care less about competition...

Feb 9, 2020
  68. Vumad replied to the thread Returning Player - Question on Prestige Gear.

All expansion Tier 1 armor is non-prestige. You need to replace your gear. So for instance in the EoK expansion, Lceanium, Scorched Woods...

Feb 9, 2020
  69. Vumad replied to the thread Adding a F2P toon to group... CLR, DRU or BRD most effective F2P?.

Lets add to your cleric list that clerics can also epic, divine arb, quite prayer, spire of the vicar, several healing spell haste...

Feb 9, 2020
  70. Vumad replied to the thread Adding a F2P toon to group... CLR, DRU or BRD most effective F2P?.

Bards pull a lot of song aggro and such so if you are pulling multiples you need to make sure you pickup the adds immediately with the...

Feb 9, 2020
  71. Vumad replied to the thread Raiding as f2p.

Auto-grant gives you every AA through TBM (so 105) using an expansion tag. That means in the expansion filter you don't get anything...

Feb 9, 2020
  72. Vumad replied to the thread Deciding between Molo, 3 PC/3 Merc, or 6 PC..

I box a ENC, CLR and MAG. I main the ENC and started the CLR before mercs to heal real tanks. I recently added the mage to sub a real...

Feb 9, 2020
  73. Vumad replied to the thread Focus AAs And Leveling.

Some of the AA can be skipped, but it is definitely hard to catch up. I came back during RoS so it wasn't that bad, but now what I am...

Feb 9, 2020
  74. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread Focus AAs And Leveling.

Viewing those AAs as a raid only concept is flawed and trunks off a larger part of the community. The game is about having fun...

Feb 9, 2020
  75. Vumad replied to the thread Unable to pinpoint the reason for my lag..

This chat minimization bug is what was causing my lag. I was getting 4 FPS in Allashai raids and now I get about 25. Normal non-raid...

Feb 9, 2020
  76. Vumad replied to the thread Gnome BeastLords.

Dwarf beastlords with Gnome pets.

Feb 9, 2020
  77. Vumad replied to the thread Persistent Illusions (aa) with pets/warders.

Is it a bug? Are there any players reporting that they are not having persistent illusion after purchasing the key ring? Are...

Feb 9, 2020
  78. Vumad liked Nennius's post in the thread Which genius scheduled maintenance on friday evening?.

Is empty OK?

Feb 9, 2020
  79. Vumad replied to the thread Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains.

No. That bard that got hit for 200414 only has about 105k HP. I'm over 300k and it dropped me into the 30s. I believe the varied...

Feb 3, 2020
  80. Vumad liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains.

Or maybe it is a stupid mechanic that was always stupid, but at least it wasn't instant death before. It did 3/4 as much damage at MOST...

Feb 3, 2020
  81. Vumad replied to the thread Please sell contracts, augments, more card packs, make trade forum..

I do not like cash stores in my subscription based MMORPG period. Once upon a time in EverQuest things like illusion masks where earned....

Feb 3, 2020
  82. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread Please sell contracts, augments, more card packs, make trade forum..

It’s a side argument, but loot boxes in a game that has a subscription and annual for purchase content packs are bad. While Everquest...

Feb 3, 2020
  83. Vumad liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread Please sell contracts, augments, more card packs, make trade forum..

Other games with gambling boxes have the ability to just buy items for more money, rather than just gamble $5 or 8 a shot. I really wish...

Feb 3, 2020
  84. Vumad liked yepmetoo's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

No. Luclin is when he ll levels were smoothed out. And there was no "bug" involved in it after, works like it was supposed to:...

Feb 3, 2020
  85. Vumad replied to the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

The bees area in Scorched Woods too, especially the south PH for Seerstinger near the globs. Mobs, pets and mercs can't figure out...

Feb 3, 2020
  86. Vumad liked Raveno Puppykicker's post in the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

I really really hate Gorowyn. It is easily the worst pathing in my opinion in EQ. And there are the sarnaks with pets, but the pets are...

Feb 3, 2020
  87. Vumad replied to the thread Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains.

It's a shame that you do not realize how incredibly negative, unhelpful and downright ignorant your statement is. This occurred...

Feb 3, 2020
  88. Vumad replied to the thread Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains.

This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. [Mon Feb 03 09:39:52 2020] a skyfire drake hit you for 191164 points of unresistable damage by...

Feb 3, 2020
  89. Vumad liked Galliana's post in the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

Skyfire (RoS). That zone sucks hard enough to bend light. * Mobs frequently jump you at the wizard port. Druid port totally safe * Quest...

Feb 1, 2020
  90. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

I agree with this observation, old-era EQ was filled with lots of time spent outside of combat. I'd compare it to football, 11 minutes...

Jan 28, 2020
  91. Vumad liked Fanra's post in the thread Does Old content get nerfed?.

Speaking of puller xp, it gets really tired to not get any xp because you are too far away from the kill, out pulling the next mob. There...

Jan 28, 2020
  92. Vumad liked Tolzol's post in the thread Camp ownership question.

Well “officially” there are no camps in EQ. That is more of a common courtesy between players. The rule is pretty much first to engage a...

Jan 28, 2020
  93. Vumad replied to the thread Camp ownership question.

Unfortunately you might be a little short on options. While I haven't had any direct experiences, I have read about other people who have...

Jan 27, 2020
  94. Vumad liked Tallie's post in the thread Tank Mercenaries.

The problem is this. Even with constant nuking, even a live cleric doesn't provide a lot of dps. If you molo with a cleric merc,...

Jan 27, 2020
  95. Vumad liked svann's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Im now 115.999, have all aa's including glyphs and merc, and still have 2 (maybe 3?) earring quests to go and something like 7 type 5 augs...

Jan 27, 2020
  96. Vumad replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

I think that is incorrect. It would be true if it were changed by changing the amount of XP the mob gives. But its the XP curve that...

Jan 26, 2020
  97. Vumad replied to the thread Tank Mercenaries.

Have you parsed clerics? Do you have any numbers on how much DPS they are doing? I think your argument sounds great to say but the...

Jan 26, 2020
  98. Vumad liked Tucoh's post in the thread Please review ToV gear REQ / REC levels.

T1 missions drop gear that can be used to easily make t3 gear, why should that gear require level 115?

Jan 26, 2020
  99. Vumad liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Please review ToV gear REQ / REC levels.

I see it as this.. T1 grp gear and anything that drops in t1 missions should be minimum of 111. T2 grp gear and respective drops per t2...

Jan 26, 2020
  100. Vumad liked Yinla's post in the thread Please review ToV gear REQ / REC levels.

Problem with TOV T1 gear is it has no luck on it, which makes it the same or barely better then GMM gear. For those who jumped from RoS...

Jan 26, 2020
  101. Vumad liked Triconix's post in the thread Tank Mercenaries.

Bard and sham and the merc was parsed at 172k dps sustained for an hour of chain killing in GD. No way is your merc doubling mine....

Jan 26, 2020
  102. Vumad replied to the thread New Year. New Mercs!.

I have advocated strongly for an update to mercs and I am very against this. A few points which I have continued to make... Raids need an...

Jan 25, 2020
  103. Vumad replied to the thread Trader Satchels.

I'm not sure what that would accomplish. You can't use /trader without a sub. Parceling it would just be an inconvenience. They are...

Jan 25, 2020
  104. Vumad replied to the thread Tank Mercenaries.

No one is advocating for an upgrade to rogue mercs because they recently got one. That is why you are seeing the results you are. My...

Jan 25, 2020
  105. Vumad liked Tappin's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Those who simple want to raid and do nothing else are the ones advocating for this change.

Jan 25, 2020
  106. Vumad liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

I will disagree some. The Devs created a system where if people are able to do all the missions they are most of the way to 115 or at...

Jan 25, 2020
  107. Vumad replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

There is plenty of room for balance. Making everything slow is poor balance. Fast XP with slow ACH/rares is better balance. The...

Jan 25, 2020
  108. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread Tank Mercenaries.

Tank mercs don't know how to use abilities properly, so they have to have a numbers edge. The player tank has to know how to use...

Jan 24, 2020
  109. Vumad replied to the thread Just going to say it, you are killing the game..

Does it have a reuse delay? Pallies 90 during raids?

Jan 24, 2020
  110. Vumad liked Ninelder's post in the thread Tank Mercenaries.

Here is an honest comparison. I am sitting in EW boxing my raid-geared druid and raid-geared enchanter farming the restless coldain...

Jan 23, 2020
  111. Vumad liked Tucoh's post in the thread Ideas for next expansion.

A big challenge with EQ design is that it has a bimodal distribution of lethality in the playerbase. [IMG] On the left side you've...

Jan 23, 2020
  112. Vumad liked Odiosus's post in the thread Has Anyone Proposed a Tradeskill Tool Keyring.

As I was reviewing inventory and sorting stuff for the ToV earring quest this morning it made me wonder if anyone had proposed a...

Jan 23, 2020
  113. Vumad replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Fixed it.

Jan 22, 2020
  114. Vumad liked Fanra's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

It was pretty much a different game. I started in 1999. Medding = Sitting down and staring at your spellbook. That's all you could...

Jan 22, 2020
  115. Vumad replied to the thread Dervs nerfed in GD?.

They are PHs for each other. So if someone was ahead of you came though and plowed down all the dervishes to do the merc, you are not going...

Jan 22, 2020
  116. Vumad replied to the thread Tank Mercenaries.

My Tank merc with about half the AA and valiant armor tanked loremaster in GD with my cleric and a cleric merc. Tank mercs on tanking are...

Jan 22, 2020
  117. Vumad liked Rylak's post in the thread Servant of the Sleeper.....

...is begging to be more than a 54-man raid event. This raid would scale down to a 12-man mission quite easily. It has some great...

Jan 22, 2020
  118. Vumad replied to the thread Just going to say it, you are killing the game..

We would, but it takes a long time in ToV to get that XP back from that 90 we took. I kid, but from a game design stand point,...

Jan 22, 2020
  119. Vumad replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

I think Corwyhn Lionheart either needs to start earning all that guild leader pay by organizing events or realize it's time to step down....

Jan 22, 2020
  120. Vumad liked bortage's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Honestly, with all of the post-cap grinding required to be competitive in this game, leveling should probably be sped up across the board...

Jan 22, 2020
  121. Vumad liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Forcing people to do something isn't going to force them to like it. A lot of folks would be happy with EQ following the same pattern...

Jan 22, 2020
  122. Vumad liked Fanra's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

The following is just a guess, as I really don't know what Daybreak is thinking. Daybreak is forcing us to slow down. And I'm sure that...

Jan 22, 2020
  123. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Well, if people are choosing to use content that’s different from what you design then you should adapt to your customers and not expect...

Jan 22, 2020
  124. Vumad liked Fanra's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

You may not be superhuman but you have almost the perfect group. Many of us can't get that. Let's see: Warrior. Best tank in the game...

Jan 22, 2020
  125. Vumad liked Strawberry's post in the thread Remastered eq.

There's still this idea in the back of some people's mind that if only you updated the graphics in EQ, it would attract new players. I...

Jan 20, 2020
  126. Vumad liked Laronk's post in the thread Remastered eq.

Like what Waring said, just because they don't keep games open doesn't mean they didn't make money. Planetside 1 made money but then they...

Jan 20, 2020
  127. Vumad replied to the thread War/Nec/...?.

One tip if you do decide to heal is to heal from the Xtar. On my cleric, I set her Xtar to match my group window. So the person in slot 2...

Jan 20, 2020
  128. Vumad replied to the thread Remastered eq.

I disagree, and everyone except a tiny few people who prefer pre-luclin graphics also disagree.

Jan 19, 2020
  129. Vumad liked Rayzen's post in the thread Chase Loot Trade-in option.

Your making it sound like it's extremely easy, to find someone, who has the ultra rare drop you want, to trade your ultra rare drop...

Jan 18, 2020
  130. Vumad liked josh's post in the thread The Foundation - Bug and pitfalls.

It does not say velium smithy hammer, it says smithy hammer. Which means that right from the beginning, your instructions are...

Jan 17, 2020
  131. Vumad replied to the thread No Transfer?.

While what you are saying is indeed accurate, it is terrible customer service to do such a thing. DBG has all of our e-mails and...

Jan 17, 2020
  132. Vumad replied to the thread War/Nec/...?.

Bard will greatly improve combat performance (adps and debuffs) while druid will minimally improve out of combat quality of life with...

Jan 16, 2020
  133. Vumad replied to the thread Can we improve the waiting experience on Login servers?.

Well if they were bots, then they would be doing things they would make them appear not afk, and thus would not be impacted by the...

Jan 16, 2020
  134. Vumad replied to the thread OUTSTANDING Job on Restless Cadavers Devs...Bravo !!!.

I like the wolves quite a bit.

Jan 16, 2020
  135. Vumad liked Hellowhatsyourname's post in the thread Really? No Proofreaders?.

Based on some of the text in Beta, I just assumed they outsourced it all to India.

Jan 16, 2020
  136. Vumad liked Scornfire's post in the thread Really? No Proofreaders?.

The god of Burritos is Burritoxulous

Jan 16, 2020
  137. Vumad liked Bigstomp's post in the thread Are bosses supposed to be this slow to spawn?.

They spawn faster than it takes me to scroll past your signature.

Jan 16, 2020
  138. Vumad replied to the thread No Transfer?.

I believe one or more items that were not no-trade were changed to no-trade in the patch this week. This is the resulting conflict of the...

Jan 16, 2020
  139. Vumad replied to the thread Favorite bugs over the years.

All of the items over the years that had cloth necklace graphics...

Jan 15, 2020
  140. Vumad replied to the thread Favorite bugs over the years.

Good read. The viral DoT in the GL was probably my favorite read. Falling to your death in stratos if below a certain frame rate / lag is...

Jan 14, 2020
  141. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread TOV XP.

Do people still think you can only access the forums from a PC?

Jan 14, 2020
  142. Vumad liked Plumbus's post in the thread TOV XP.

For sure could have got a level in the time it took you to write that up.

Jan 14, 2020
  143. Vumad replied to the thread which tank to add.

I box a cleric and have always found knights easier to heal. Warriors shine on the heavier hitters and longer fights where their discs...

Jan 13, 2020
  144. Vumad replied to the thread Evader's Invisibility.

What do you mean we can't do anything else? Self stasis is a buff, not a detrimental spell. Just click it off and continue with your...

Jan 13, 2020
  145. Vumad liked enclee's post in the thread DB needs to improve the quality of their quests.

This response is pretty disappointing, it attempts to simplify the argument to anyone who cannot find the update locations as...

Jan 13, 2020
  146. Vumad replied to the thread 16 Characters, every class/race, how would you pick each race/class pair?.

Bard - Dark Elf BL - Dark Elf Zerker - Dark Elf Cleric - Dark Elf Druid - Dark Elf Enchanter - Dark Elf Magician - Dark Elf Monk - Dark Elf...

Jan 13, 2020
  147. Vumad replied to the thread Evader's Invisibility.

Well, no, not at all. I already have a free way to get IVU. I cast Perfected Invis To undead. I am an enchanter. Sorry to call you...

Jan 13, 2020
  148. Vumad replied to the thread Evader's Invisibility.

I can agree with your points. This is a very logical argument. However, I think that the changes from 20% to 8% mana for ENC shows...

Jan 12, 2020
  149. Vumad replied to the thread Paladin Vs. DPS Class in ToV.

A 115 well geared well AA zerker burned the other day on Tjoly for 2 million DPS. A 111 modest geared modest AA wizard burned the same mob...

Jan 11, 2020
  150. Vumad replied to the thread Evader's Invisibility.

Well, if that were the intent, then evader's invisibility wouldn't exist at all. Clearly the design is for the ability to allow...

Jan 11, 2020
  151. Vumad replied to the thread DB Money Making Opp.

Very few of the AA actually need to be purchased. Everything through TBM is auto-granted. On my mage this added up to 17,000 AA. My mage,...

Jan 11, 2020
  152. Vumad liked Kuaamil's post in the thread DB Money Making Opp.

They already give you autogrant. Anything more seems like a terrible idea for the culture of the game. The downward spiral of pay to win...

Jan 11, 2020
  153. Vumad posted a new thread.

Evader's Invisibility

I was going to post in the caster section but I think a lot of other classes other than ENC utilize evader's invisibility. The problem in...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jan 11, 2020
  154. Vumad replied to the thread Hero missions (ToV) and cut down time..

If a mission has a 6-hour lockout, ask yourself how many times you can complete it in 12 hours. If the answer is greater than 2, then you...

Jan 11, 2020
  155. Vumad liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Cross-server recruitment general spam.

Personally, I'd prefer if cross server communication was limited to tells and couldn't go into general chat channels. I always mark all...

Jan 11, 2020
  156. Vumad liked Cicelee's post in the thread DB Money Making Opp.

No.

Jan 10, 2020
  157. Vumad liked Naturalist's post in the thread FoS - A council divided - unwinnable?.

If the forum did not want threads to be necro'd they would close replies to threads after a set time period (while still allowing links to...

Jan 9, 2020
  158. Vumad liked Petalonyx's post in the thread Griklor the Restless - Bethun Brewbeard.

Griklor is about the least friendly mission for pet tanks ive seen. Griklor and the adds have PC > pet aggro rules. This means that no...

Jan 9, 2020
  159. Vumad replied to the thread FoS - A council divided - unwinnable?.

Rather than starting a new thread he posted in an old one that the problem is still occurring? Isn't necro'ing the thread the right...

Jan 9, 2020
  160. Vumad replied to the thread Restless Tijoely....

Mercs are also an issue in Kael mission because they can't bend the knee. Mercs should probably be ignored in the group check for emotes....

Jan 9, 2020
  161. Vumad liked Mazame's post in the thread for those complaining about xp, here's a tip..

for those complaining about xp, here's a tip. ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with To those who complain about...

Jan 9, 2020
  162. Vumad replied to the thread TOV XP.

Stop making new threads... There are... 5? right now.

Jan 9, 2020
  163. Vumad replied to the thread Merc DPS Balance Issues.

I made the switch. I was running a tank merc and a wizard merc. The wizard was doing 35k DPS with valiant gear in all 4 slots, twin cast...

Jan 7, 2020
  164. Vumad liked Verily Tjark's post in the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Those 90% rezzes mid raid tho...

Jan 7, 2020
  165. Vumad replied to the thread Torment of Velious: The puller's expansion.

What? I think you need to re-evaluate your understanding of our class. I think you greatly underestimate our abilities. We are a...

Jan 7, 2020
  166. Vumad liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Allayna and I are on the same server he identifies as a guy. Just so you know many players play female toons but still identify as...

Jan 7, 2020
  167. Vumad liked AppleSplatter's post in the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Whenever I read "Let's get this over with" in the thread title, I know I'm in for some extreme stupidity.

Jan 7, 2020
  168. Vumad replied to the thread Hero missions (ToV) and cut down time..

Never mind. I guess I get it now.

Jan 6, 2020
  169. Vumad replied to the thread If EQ added more tradeskills.

It's EverQuest. Browser still marks it, but just saying.

Jan 6, 2020
  170. Vumad replied to the thread Question about ToV achievement experience.

I was at about 49%, give or take, when I finished partisan of the great divide. I had all of the hero done and all of the quests done...

Jan 6, 2020
  171. Vumad liked Sancus's post in the thread 111 Air vs 114 Earth- tanking change?.

I double checked and both Manifestation of Earth and Air, at least with EM 27, come properly summoned with the correct Cloak of...

Jan 6, 2020
  172. Vumad replied to the thread Thinking of rolling an Enc, what should I know first?.

Are you parsing your animation versus a charmed pet?

Jan 6, 2020
  173. Vumad posted a new thread.

GoM / GGoM messages

I use in game audio triggers for Gift of Mana and Gracious Gift of Mana. Both of these procs, although worded slightly different, end in...

Forum: Bug Reports

Jan 6, 2020
  174. Vumad replied to the thread exp this expac.

Saying the quests and missions encourage grouping is a bit inaccurate. They encourage grouping once. That is the only real issue with the...

Jan 4, 2020
  175. Vumad replied to the thread Lost in Crystal Cavern.

That crystal you are using as a shortcut to the Frost Stone is not the gateway into the expansion. It is a short cut and you are missing...

Jan 4, 2020
  176. Vumad liked Gherig's post in the thread Adding Level 100 Daily?.

With the cap moving up +5 ... will we be seeing a level 100 "Kill 5 XYZ" task to the Daily Solo Mission NPC in PoK?

Jan 3, 2020
  177. Vumad replied to the thread Shrink on key ring or AA.

Thanks for the replies. I got a Curious Companion Compactor from the Baz. I still think tiny companion AA would be a good inclusion with...

Jan 3, 2020
  178. Vumad liked Qbert's post in the thread Shrink on key ring or AA.

Except most of the earrings since then are restricted in use to nec/mag/bst (presumably so they stopped confusing not-those-classes into...

Jan 3, 2020
  179. Vumad liked Cicelee's post in the thread exp this expac.

This is only an issue because developers added two numbers to the right of the decimal point for XP. Instead of saying 49%, it now says...

Jan 2, 2020
  180. Vumad liked Bamboompow's post in the thread exp this expac.

Maybe they should grant a decent exp reward when you open the chest after besting a raid event.

Jan 2, 2020
  181. Vumad replied to the thread [Compiling List] RE: Old Weapons into Ornaments.

Guide event a few nights ago I got a short sword graphic that fits into any weapon. This was very cool. But I noticed after this that the...

Jan 2, 2020
  182. Vumad liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread [Suggestion] Collections : Graphic Indicator If Collected.

As the number of collection items grows, an easier way to discern whether you have collected the item would be nice. EQ2 handles this by...

Jan 2, 2020
  183. Vumad liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

so I will do this as I've seen other's. Pro / Con.. Pro's 1. New Content : quests, mobs, mounts, illusions, augs all all that! YES !!...

Jan 2, 2020
  184. Vumad replied to the thread lore tag limits on armor?.

There is nothing currently (that I know of) that allows lore to work in quantities greater than one. A lore group wont have, for...

Jan 2, 2020
  185. Vumad replied to the thread Robe graphics (or the lack thereof).

But all of those robes use the hero's forge graphic I think. None of the Robe ornamentation I have see use the classic robe graphic,...

Jan 1, 2020
  186. Vumad replied to the thread Merc DPS Balance Issues.

Your foreshadowing is weak. Do you think you can give me a little better hint as to what is going to happen? You have my curiosity.

Jan 1, 2020
  187. Vumad replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

I wasn't talking about the gear at all. I was talking about the miss information about the XP rate. The T2 gear not having a Rec...

Jan 1, 2020
  188. Vumad liked Szilent's post in the thread Merc DPS Balance Issues.

ToV named are 92M hp in tier1, 136M in tier2 basepop are 22 & 31M hp, respectively

Jan 1, 2020
  189. Vumad replied to the thread Incurable Dot.

Pretty sure the bard who started the thread isn't controlling the healing. Oh, you meant molo'ing? The server automated box?...

Dec 30, 2019
  190. Vumad replied to the thread Add trash mobs to the group missions for their collection sets.

I can confirm that opening the chest locks the loot in the Kael mission. I did the mission twice where some TS item was on the mob going to...

Dec 30, 2019
  191. Vumad replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

I like that I can run a parser and give real numbers on DPS. On XP I can't. At 111+ I am getting about 0.033%+ per kill depending on the...

Dec 30, 2019
  192. Vumad replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Strongly agree. Quests in EverQuest have always had fairly poor rewards. It's why I liked LDoN so much. LDoN made quests a thing....

Dec 30, 2019
  193. Vumad liked svann's post in the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Current TOV mob xp is very much like original EQ mob xp. It was slow.

Dec 30, 2019
  194. Vumad liked Maedhros's post in the thread Headshot should work on ToV ice zombies.

I can decap gelatinous oozes on my berserker, so yea you should be able to headshot a mob with a.. head.

Dec 30, 2019
  195. Vumad liked Kolani's post in the thread Headshot should work on ToV ice zombies.

It's well established that destroying the brain is a valid method for killing zombies. It's fine if it doesn't work on skeletons, they...

Dec 30, 2019
  196. Vumad replied to the thread Merc DPS Balance Issues.

I am Enchanter which is not a DPS class. I am doing a regular 80-110k DPS. With a bard and mage in the group I do a regular 250k DPS....

Dec 30, 2019
  197. Vumad liked Qbert's post in the thread Shrink on key ring or AA.

Pet earrings from HoT were all/all with the shrink click that I can recall. I'm sure there were more, but I don't play pet classes so I...

Dec 30, 2019
  198. Vumad replied to the thread Shrink on key ring or AA.

I swear I had a ENC clickable earring before I got the snow spider, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called to search...

Dec 29, 2019