Vumad's Recent Activity

1. Vumad liked Benito's post in the thread Free Level 120 Heroic Character on EQ2 for All Access members..

EQ2 seems to be running a promo between August 10 and August 24 for a free Level 120 Heroic Character grant for All Access members.* *All...

Aug 5, 2021 at 5:12 AM
  2. Vumad liked Blackfogg's post in the thread Cost of dying is too high.

Thank you all. Some things have changed then. Never heard of an overseer, campfire. mercs i have but usually use a tank for my shammy....

Jul 28, 2021
  3. Vumad replied to the thread Mage Pet Or Merc For Tank.

Solo you are going to use cleric merc. The wizard merc wont make enough DPS to justify you trying to heal your pet. Solo, not sure...

Jul 23, 2021
  4. Vumad replied to the thread Grumpy Tanks.

The common denominator in all the arguments about tanks being able to hold aggro is that communication is the responsibility of everyone,...

Jul 22, 2021
  5. Vumad liked Nennius's post in the thread Grumpy Tanks.

Actually, to one degree or another, it's everyone's job.

Jul 22, 2021
  6. Vumad liked Svann2's post in the thread Grumpy Tanks.

It is.

Jul 22, 2021
  7. Vumad replied to the thread Grumpy Tanks.

Here's the fun in quoting and context. You removed the most import part of my post. See, I quite clearly believe in...

Jul 20, 2021
  8. Vumad replied to the thread SK/SHM/???.

I think the question is not how much a BST overlaps with a SHM but rather how much a WAR overlaps with a SK. War does nothing for the...

Jul 19, 2021
  9. Vumad replied to the thread Grumpy Tanks.

I have a saying as a Chanter... I don't get mad. I Stasis. You break my mez, it's your mob. Obviously there are mistakes made but...

Jul 19, 2021
  10. Vumad replied to the thread SK/SHM/???.

Could do ENC and illusion as an Ogre. Can do BRD and get a Visage of the Brute from the Cragbeast Queen (can be very hard to camp)....

Jul 19, 2021
  11. Vumad replied to the thread Microsoft 365 Cloud-based PC.

No. Pretty sure the architecture and etc of a tablet is different than that of a laptop. Tablets are big phones. Laptops are small...

Jul 16, 2021
  12. Vumad replied to the thread beastlord paladin duo.

Definitely Druid. The ports, snare, track and forage will be huge benefits to a BST on a progression server. Trying to play a pally...

Jul 15, 2021
  13. Vumad liked Skuz's post in the thread beastlord paladin duo.

If you want the strongest trio for a Beast I would suggest Druid & Enchanter.

Jul 15, 2021
  14. Vumad replied to the thread beastlord paladin duo.

BTW to OP, don't do pally just for the heals. Pally is a great tank with lots of good tools. Like for instance if you are using a cleric...

Jul 14, 2021
  15. Vumad replied to the thread beastlord paladin duo.

I agree on both points. I box ENC, CLR, MAG. I usually played with a Pally (PC not Box). I added the mage after the pally wasn't...

Jul 14, 2021
  16. Vumad liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread I just cancelled three accounts :).

I just wish I could consume a krono from the server select screen.

Jul 14, 2021
  17. Vumad replied to the thread beastlord paladin duo.

Not sure what the issue is. We have merc clerics. Use 1 or 2. Mage CoH and Druid ports are significant QOL improvements. Druid heals...

Jul 14, 2021
  18. Vumad replied to the thread What Merc Goes With Shammy?.

Rogue merc. They more than double the DPS of the tank merc and tank sufficiently. Use your DBC to buy an extra merc slot and also...

Jul 14, 2021
  19. Vumad replied to the thread Power leveling question.

There is nothing wrong with a PL. If you are considering buying a Krono, consider a heroic instead. DPG will not do anything to correct...

Jul 14, 2021
  20. Vumad replied to the thread The End of Everquest.

You must be a Gnome, given how my post went over your head.

Jul 6, 2021
  21. Vumad liked jiri_'s post in the thread Modern EQ.

Huh? Kronos do not exist without being purchased from the developer. Why is one Good and the other Bad? If it's specifically...

Jul 1, 2021
  22. Vumad liked Tucoh's post in the thread Modern EQ.

I'll give this a serious reply now that I've got a joke out of the way. I'd argue that your usage of the word "any" is too permissive to...

Jul 1, 2021
  23. Vumad liked Tucoh's post in the thread Modern EQ.

You win EQ when you log off for the last time and get your life back. This costs nothing. Ergo EQ is not p2w. Checkmate athiests.

Jul 1, 2021
  24. Vumad liked Niskin's post in the thread Modern EQ.

What exactly does DPG sell for DBC or $ that allows you to "win?" Bag's are convenient, they don't make you rich, they just save you time....

Jul 1, 2021
  25. Vumad liked Skuz's post in the thread Modern EQ.

You are conflating based upon the end result and ignoring factors that distinguish them as separate. Players control RMT Game company...

Jul 1, 2021
  26. Vumad liked Skuz's post in the thread Modern EQ.

You are conflating RMT with Pay to Win here, they are not the same thing. RMT is the players spending money outside of the game for...

Jul 1, 2021
  27. Vumad replied to the thread The End of Everquest.

My plan for Sunsetting EQ would be getting Pantheon to beta so that I never have to worry about sunsetting EQ.

Jun 30, 2021
  28. Vumad liked Metanis's post in the thread The End of Everquest.

If I was in charge I'd push a massive amount of sales in the Store. I'd jack up the price of next expansion by about 30% and offer a...

Jun 30, 2021
  29. Vumad replied to the thread Modern EQ.

Subscriptions and pay to win are in no way, shape or form even remotely similar. Games like Call of Duty have to keep releasing new...

Jun 30, 2021
  30. Vumad liked Tatanka's post in the thread Math is hard, help with a comma or three.

Well, your request is reasonable, but depends on them actually doing it. A work-around in the meantime: Don't have that much plat on...

Jun 29, 2021
  31. Vumad liked Jhinx's post in the thread Math is hard, help with a comma or three.

On Fironia Vie, where a krono sells for 4,000,000plat (ish), it become rather difficult to see whether that array of zeros is 300k or 3...

Jun 29, 2021
  32. Vumad liked Metanis's post in the thread Newly minted heroic characters.

Everybody hates clerics.

Jun 28, 2021
  33. Vumad liked Benito's post in the thread [Feature] /hide and/or /ignore jesters.

I love the free mana from jesters. I think we just need the name of the bread and wine spells for block buff.

Jun 27, 2021
  34. Vumad liked Angahran's post in the thread [Feature] /hide and/or /ignore jesters.

The title says it all. It would be great to be able to /ignore jesters or even /hide them completely.

Jun 27, 2021
  35. Vumad replied to the thread People are flying around autmated killing the zone killing what we want for exp while we are killing.

To enable time stamps, right click on the window and go down to timestamps. I like hh:mm myself. Good for chats since sometimes I lose...

Jun 27, 2021
  36. Vumad replied to the thread So burning lands is free now.

Everyone really struggled with the one mission on the island with the lava. I forget the name, the one with the pheonix. We had a lot...

Jun 19, 2021
  37. Vumad liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread So burning lands is free now.

The ToV T1 gear is 110, I believe. The gear container AND the reagent are both tradeable, so yeah, you can wear it if you don't own...

Jun 19, 2021
  38. Vumad replied to the thread So burning lands is free now.

You can wear armor from an expansion you don't own? I never knew. I always just assumed. Would TOV actually be better with the level...

Jun 17, 2021
  39. Vumad liked Sissruukk's post in the thread So burning lands is free now.

You still need to actually visit these zones in order to use the lamp. Best way to do it is get with someone that has a fellowship,...

Jun 17, 2021
  40. Vumad liked CatsPaws's post in the thread So burning lands is free now.

then what is this update today? - Granted The Burning Lands for free to Test Server and live players. My Silver and F2P accounts...

Jun 17, 2021
  41. Vumad replied to the thread So burning lands is free now.

TBL has been free since CoV launched I think, or just after. Autogrant is currently active to EOK. If you sort the filter...

Jun 16, 2021
  42. Vumad replied to the thread Add maps to the game..

I wonder how many hours it takes good's/brewall to make a basic zone outline including zone boarders and roads (no named spawn...

Jun 16, 2021
  43. Vumad liked Strawberry's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

The lines can be annoying on maps. I really don't understand why EQ doesn't simply use a satellite view of the zones, WoW and other MMO...

Jun 16, 2021
  44. Vumad liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

If you right click the non button area of the map frame, - select alpha - normal and change the value to 50 or 75 to change the fade...

Jun 16, 2021
  45. Vumad replied to the thread Add maps to the game..

Dear Goods, We think you do a great job making maps. We are open to the idea of including maps for all zones but only if they are user...

Jun 15, 2021
  46. Vumad replied to the thread Does autogrant give you all ranks of an AA or just 1 rank?.

It's not overpowered. Imagine your thought on it taking a while to get to upper levels, but once you do, you have to stop to grind...

Jun 14, 2021
  47. Vumad liked Strawberry's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

It has less to do with me but more with the topic of my thread. Any threads that suggest making the game more accessible ends up in...

Jun 14, 2021
  48. Vumad liked Luithien's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

Been playing since 1999. Created hand drawn maps, shared maps from friends, still have all my hard copy ones saved in 3 ring binders... I...

Jun 14, 2021
  49. Vumad liked Jumbur's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

So, back on topic...ignoring the off-topic discussions about IT-security / what is required(or not) to enjoy the game. It is my...

Jun 14, 2021
  50. Vumad liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

Not quite sure I understand the vehemence of some of these responses. It makes perfect sense for the devs to provide basic maps (terrain...

Jun 13, 2021
  51. Vumad replied to the thread Add maps to the game..

Should not be the exact same files. There is too much information in the map packs to be included with the client download. They need...

Jun 13, 2021
  52. Vumad replied to the thread Rank 3 mercenary spells ?.

All mercs use rank 2 spells. There is no way to upgrade them. (I use J5 mercs. I wouldn't know if lesser mercs use Rk1 spells, but...

Jun 13, 2021
  53. Vumad replied to the thread Any hope for returning older vets?.

Bots are not hogging places 24/7. Either the people complaining are not reporting them or they people are not actually doing anything...

Jun 13, 2021
  54. Vumad replied to the thread Add maps to the game..

I have been in EQ a long time and I have read the posts. Sorry but just about all of you are wrong for plenty of reasons. All zones in...

Jun 13, 2021
  55. Vumad liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

How the heck does having a map ruin the immersion of a trip to the Riviera? I would imagine being hopelessly lost on vacation would...

Jun 13, 2021
  56. Vumad liked Strawberry's post in the thread Add maps to the game..

Adding maps to the game would be the most straightforward and cost-effective way to make this game more accessible. This idea that...

Jun 13, 2021
  57. Vumad replied to the thread Curious how many people line buffs out?.

Dispel used to always remove buffs from the top down. We used to click a bunch of junk buffs that didn't do anything meaningful and...

Jun 13, 2021
  58. Vumad replied to the thread A new EQ in the works??.

We do NOT need EQ3. EQ2 split EQ and impacted our populations in a negative way. MMOs shouldn't compete with themselves. There are much...

Jun 10, 2021
  59. Vumad liked Slasher's post in the thread A new EQ in the works??.

I don't think its a joke. I blame the hundreds of millions they chose to spend making and developing EQ2 over the last 10 + years as...

Jun 10, 2021
  60. Vumad liked Jumbur's post in the thread A new EQ in the works??.

I hope they focus on the current EQ. :)

Jun 10, 2021
  61. Vumad liked nagash101's post in the thread New TLPs - Races / classes.

All I want is a Halfling Ranger on day one. Why can't Dwarfs be Bards. I have watched LotR and Dwarfs have beautiful singing voice....

Jun 9, 2021
  62. Vumad posted a new thread.

New TLPs - Races / classes

I think it would be cool if one of the next TLPs unlocked all races and classes from day 1. Races like Iksar could be started in a zone...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Jun 9, 2021
  63. Vumad replied to the thread Curious how many people line buffs out?.

I don't try to get my buffs in a specific order since they change the way dispel works, but I would like the ability to move buffs,...

Jun 9, 2021
  64. Vumad replied to the thread returning player, need advice molo.

Enchanters can solo without charm but their pet and DPS is not very powerful so it is very painful to do so without charm. The best...

Jun 9, 2021
  65. Vumad replied to the thread returning player, need advice molo.

Every class can molo, but some do it very well (SK, BST, MAG, NEC) and some do it very poorly (WIZ). The best merc is the cleric so...

Jun 8, 2021
  66. Vumad replied to the thread Merc positioning.

The merc follows its owner. A merc that get lost will warp to its owner. When the owner is the puller, the merc stays near a person in...

Jun 8, 2021
  67. Vumad replied to the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

You can stay on the boat with the other Chicken.

Jun 7, 2021
  68. Vumad liked Bardy McFly's post in the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

[IMG]

Jun 7, 2021
  69. Vumad liked Robnie's post in the thread An anomaly on Cazic Thule.

Automation is against the Eula

Jun 7, 2021
  70. Vumad replied to the thread What is the point of this.

The problem with lore groups is we already have a great mechanic in the game for managing different and that is the claim/convert item,...

Jun 7, 2021
  71. Vumad replied to the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

I ran this setup today and was quite pleased. As a L8 necro I needed to keep the buff window up (dark pact only lasts 2 minutes), but...

Jun 5, 2021
  72. Vumad liked Darchon_Xegony's post in the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

Yea just multibind all the UI features to the same Hotkey. If you want to turn off Aggro meter, extended target, buff window, short...

Jun 5, 2021
  73. Vumad liked Szilent's post in the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

you can totally make window toggles in Options be, like, shift+F10 or whatever, for all the windows you'd rather not look at full time

Jun 5, 2021
  74. Vumad liked Metanis's post in the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

So if I was evil I'd do something like this to Regnad's machine using a key combo I'd be certain she'd eventually fat finger right in...

Jun 5, 2021
  75. Vumad replied to the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

I put these all on an alternate key press... short duration buffs hot bars actions auras buffs compass pet spells So pressing G9 (Shift...

Jun 5, 2021
  76. Vumad replied to the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

What a great work around! Especially with the alternate/secondary commands. Thank you! Is there a way to do this for individual...

Jun 5, 2021
  77. Vumad replied to the thread Newbie who want's to learn.

If you have a Sub, try the new Thornblade or Mischief TLP. You will get more of the feeling your dad had when you watched him play....

Jun 4, 2021
  78. Vumad replied to the thread Newbie who want's to learn.

Not knowing what you are doing means you are doing it right. EQ is not a modern MMORPG. Modern MMOs spoon feed everything to you...

Jun 4, 2021
  79. Vumad replied to the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

Yeah I understand that. My suggestion wouldn't impact people who do and want to continue to do that. But for people who want to leave...

Jun 4, 2021
  80. Vumad liked Niskin's post in the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

There could be some benefit to making it customizable, but its original purpose seems to be for making screenshots without the UI...

Jun 4, 2021
  81. Vumad replied to the thread Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI).

Yeah, so when you setup your toggle UI feature, you set those 9 chat windows to remain, or just don't use toggle UI. You should read...

Jun 4, 2021
  82. Vumad posted a new thread.

Feature request - Customizable F10 (toggle UI)

F10, which is the default for toggling the UI, is great but not very useful. There are certain things we pretty much have to be able to...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jun 4, 2021
  83. Vumad replied to the thread Need a 75-115 zone.

You're nit picking the idea to shoot holes in it for no reason which is why it is so hard to ever discuss change. I am explaining an...

Jun 4, 2021
  84. Vumad replied to the thread am i too late?.

The Tier`Dal are the one true race, but I can respect your thinking. I may keep you as my pet after the great purge.

Jun 4, 2021
  85. Vumad replied to the thread Need a 75-115 zone.

Not sure what you are talking about not having the player base. Teak would make an instance of HoT as the L85 hot zone. Anyone on any...

Jun 4, 2021
  86. Vumad replied to the thread Do any guilds still exist that don't use Discord or voice chat for raiding?.

Pun intended or is that comment by accident?

Jun 3, 2021
  87. Vumad replied to the thread am i too late?.

No, get a sub and get going. You don't need to buy the game so the absolute worse case is you spend $15 for a 1-month sub. We spent...

Jun 3, 2021
  88. Vumad replied to the thread Need a 75-115 zone.

The problem is that instances are isolative. What I suggested would be about getting people to the same places. Hot zone rotations...

Jun 3, 2021
  89. Vumad replied to the thread Xp spots for 61SK/60Shaman box duo?.

iirc, my favorite places at those levels was Dulak's Harbor, Plane of Nightmare and Plane of Innovation. There might be better zones as I...

Jun 1, 2021
  90. Vumad replied to the thread Need a 75-115 zone.

The solution is much simpler than this... We need... The hot zone dude needs to be a magus just like the LDoN Magus. He needs to be...

Jun 1, 2021
  91. Vumad replied to the thread Easiest Classes for Beginners on New TLP Servers.

The 3 pet classes are best for new players imo. NEC or ENC would be best for a YouTube series. People hold high expectations for...

Jun 1, 2021
  92. Vumad liked Knarf's post in the thread If you were an NPC what would players turn in to you for faction?.

Female dark elves.

Jun 1, 2021
  93. Vumad replied to the thread Wife and I- Duo suggestions.

Make sure you can tank, heal and slow so you are not dependent on LFG. Puller/CC is a strong consideration too. SHM covers slow and...

Jun 1, 2021
  94. Vumad replied to the thread What is .. an "Alt" .. a "Bot" .. a double "Main" ?.

I am pretty sure I have read many posts by Metanis about how unexciting playing a cleric is out of raids and there was an entire...

May 31, 2021
  95. Vumad replied to the thread Future of Everquest?.

Yes, which proves the small guys making it happen isn't working out.

May 31, 2021
  96. Vumad liked Nolrog's post in the thread Plan to do the whole game from scratch.

Start on Thornblade or Mischief. You will not have access to anything from the future and you can find lots of people to group with.

May 31, 2021
  97. Vumad replied to the thread Future of Everquest?.

It's called Pantheon, Rise of the Fallen.

May 31, 2021
  98. Vumad replied to the thread What is .. an "Alt" .. a "Bot" .. a double "Main" ?.

The post immediately above yours, I'd say the one they play outside of raids is their main, and the one they play in raids is their...

May 31, 2021
  99. Vumad replied to the thread Plan to do the whole game from scratch.

A lot. Yes it can be done but there is very little soloing that can be done and most of that is by either kiting or spending a lot of time...

May 30, 2021
  100. Vumad liked Metanis's post in the thread Looking for clarification on 3rd party software.

That is exactly what all new owners say. It's to calm the workers down before the storm of change which inevitably occurs as they try...

May 30, 2021
  101. Vumad replied to the thread What is .. an "Alt" .. a "Bot" .. a double "Main" ?.

A lot of people have commented about mains being the most developed character and the one a player is most skilled or knowledgable at, but...

May 30, 2021
  102. Vumad replied to the thread Hunter's Achievement has become of little value now..

I believe when the OP is talking about the value, they are talking about the ACH points, which have no value if someone else is doing the...

May 29, 2021
  103. Vumad posted a new thread.

mischievous mottled mutt graphic & animation

Have you guys seen this new mount? Someone linked the item for sale and I clicked the preview. The graphics on it are nuts. It looks like...

May 29, 2021
  104. Vumad replied to the thread Beware of heritage crate illusion resellers..

WTF? They are leased pixels in a game we already pay a monthly rental fee for. You're suggesting to charge double a years rent to...

May 29, 2021
  105. Vumad replied to the thread Beware of heritage crate illusion resellers..

It'd be super cool if I could just buy what I want in the DBC store instead of the DBC casino. Ultimately these scams occur because...

May 28, 2021
  106. Vumad liked Darchon_Xegony's post in the thread Request - Type 5 Bandolier.

What is the actual end HP difference of a tank with full hSta vs one with full hDex Type 5s? You have 20 slots with Type 5, one of them...

May 27, 2021
  107. Vumad liked Slasher's post in the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Are you really comparing the massive utility a necro has to a zerker ? Like comparing Lebron James wealth to Jeff Bezos not even in...

May 26, 2021
  108. Vumad liked Slasher's post in the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Your review of zerker abilities sounds like it comes from someone who doesn't actually play one. You can call them utility all you...

May 26, 2021
  109. Vumad liked Behelit's post in the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

[IMG]

May 26, 2021
  110. Vumad replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Mountains of H-Dex. When I group with under geared or under AAed SKs I am seeing numbers in the 150-300k range. The top SKs with...

May 26, 2021
  111. Vumad replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

I am an ENC. I don't argue that I should do as much DPS as a necro, or a necro needs a nerf because they can also slow, charm, paci...

May 26, 2021
  112. Vumad replied to the thread Mob full regen while pet tanking.

You did not understand the complaint. He's not talking about the mercs having aggro. It's definitely not an issue with pet DPS being...

May 26, 2021
  113. Vumad replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Necro's can FD, self heal, rez, snare, gate, pet, heal pet.. If the mob is undead, they can paci, slow, mez, charm.. Zerkers can... zerk?...

May 26, 2021
  114. Vumad liked Scornfire's post in the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

/eyeroll Opposing conjecture; I outdps literally everyone I group with on my Necro, if stuff dies too fast, I pull my own mobs and pet...

May 26, 2021
  115. Vumad posted a new thread.

Hero's Journey - No Skin Off Your Back

The Pristine Bear Hides have a 100% drop rate. Once someone in the group loots all 10, they go to a 0% drop rate. Camping on the characters...

Forum: Bug Reports

May 24, 2021
  116. Vumad liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

You can also buy them in the market place. There are primary anchors and secondary anchors. You get a ball to put in your inventory and...

May 24, 2021
  117. Vumad replied to the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

I am confusing them. I didn't know non-porters could use anchors. Can they be used in combat? Are they one time use?

May 24, 2021
  118. Vumad replied to the thread umm....

EQ uses very little GPU. EQ is old school and very processor intensive. Basically any GPU works fine. Any modern CPU works fine....

May 24, 2021
  119. Vumad replied to the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

Yeah, that's what I do currently. Can't do in combat, but I did consider playing a NEC, SK, BST when I am on call so I can just...

May 24, 2021
  120. Vumad liked Tatanka's post in the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

Pretty sure it only works OOC, so that may not work for what these folks want.

May 24, 2021
  121. Vumad replied to the thread Did Daybreak roll back characters?.

Our memories are not as good as we think they. Remember this thread next time you get in an argument with someone.

May 23, 2021
  122. Vumad replied to the thread Desired Classes at Max?.

People say bard because there are not a lot of bards. It's much easier to get a guild as a weak bard than as a weak tank. It much...

May 23, 2021
  123. Vumad replied to the thread umm....

You do not want what I have but it is some valuable information. I have a MacBook pro and I bootcamp windows. Windows can't run off...

May 23, 2021
  124. Vumad replied to the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

Are you familiar with the concept of being on call? There's hardly a penalty for dying, unless you miss the 3 hour rez window. That's...

May 23, 2021
  125. Vumad liked Metanis's post in the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

Using key repeater software like J T C P Y F S (subtract 1) you can preset a social hot button that does: /pause 1, /stopcast /pause 1,...

May 23, 2021
  126. Vumad liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Time management, the need to ninja AFK..

Drunkard's Stein, without question. Never fails. 0.5 second cast time. Drops you in PoK. No worries.

May 23, 2021
  127. Vumad replied to the thread Request: loose the "EQ 20th" from server names.

This is a very good idea.

May 23, 2021
  128. Vumad liked Beimeith's post in the thread Request: loose the "EQ 20th" from server names.

Here's a mockup of what it could look like: [IMG] In a perfect world the window itself would be larger so as to not need to...

May 23, 2021
  129. Vumad liked Beimeith's post in the thread Request: loose the "EQ 20th" from server names.

What they should do is split out any descriptive info / rule sets into a separate column. They could also add a column for what era the...

May 23, 2021
  130. Vumad liked Accipiter's post in the thread Request: loose the "EQ 20th" from server names.

I don't see anyone dying on any hill. It was a suggestion. He didn't say he was quitting over it. Ease up.

May 23, 2021
  131. Vumad posted a new thread.

Time management, the need to ninja AFK.

This is not a question about the rules. We know it's against the rules to play AFK, and rude to ditch a group, etc. That's not this post....

May 23, 2021
  132. Vumad replied to the thread The One Thing That Should Be No-trade on Mischief.

A successful businessman once told me, don't go into business to make money. Go into business to offer a great service. The money...

May 22, 2021
  133. Vumad replied to the thread Feature request: Launcher/patcher login options.

I think any person who as ever held any job ever knows at least one person who they worked with that this explanation is exactly why...

May 20, 2021
  134. Vumad liked globeadue's post in the thread Feature request: Launcher/patcher login options.

First feature request: Login to active character from launcher/patcher. As a player, I want to be able to select an option from the...

May 20, 2021
  135. Vumad replied to the thread The one Console worth porting to..

I would like to play EQ on my phone. I would like to play any and every game on my phone. They make folding keyboards and bluetooth mice....

May 20, 2021
  136. Vumad liked Niskin's post in the thread The one Console worth porting to..

Why do you think idle games are so popular on mobile? Do you think the mobile interface options are so powerful that they said "no, that's...

May 20, 2021
  137. Vumad liked Jumbur's post in the thread The one Console worth porting to..

When you say porting "EQ1" to a console, do you mean a live EQ1-client, where we use 4+hotbars and multiple chat-windows, or do you mean a...

May 20, 2021
  138. Vumad replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

We need to give you a pay raise, but we're not sure how much, so we're going to give you a 10% raise, and pull it back to the appropriate...

May 20, 2021
  139. Vumad replied to the thread Human Innoruuk Cleric Spells Freeport.

I've had a dark elf cleric for over 10 years and do not have this. As a CLR, ENC, MAG box, not having snare is something I wish I did...

May 20, 2021
  140. Vumad liked Raltar's post in the thread Ranger dps (Agnarr) question.

It is entirely possible his first language is not english.

May 20, 2021
  141. Vumad replied to the thread The one Console worth porting to..

xbox is the best port. its basically a pc now. already supports keyboard and mouse. xbox live friends list and chat fixes the friends list...

May 19, 2021
  142. Vumad replied to the thread How to Incentivize Grouping or Accelerate Solo Catch-ups?.

This problem has a very, very simple solution which has been brought up many, many times. Ladder servers. It's a very simple concept....

May 19, 2021
  143. Vumad replied to the thread Trade an expansion for a year of fixes?.

Shouldn't our subscription fees just pay for devs who maintain the game and resolve bugs? The and expansion fees cover the cost of...

May 19, 2021
  144. Vumad replied to the thread Trade an expansion for a year of fixes?.

Of all the many, many things I do, playing EQ is one of the things I spend the least amount of time on, and I still complete...

May 19, 2021
  145. Vumad replied to the thread Trade an expansion for a year of fixes?.

The way to fix EQ was to hire a dev team for Phinny to setup a new client so that every expansion launch on Phinny was actually...

May 18, 2021
  146. Vumad liked Metanis's post in the thread Not looking forward to the inevitable lag fest.

I'm still seeing server lag in CoV raids that stop my spell gems from refreshing. Tells delayed by 5 seconds or more. Event mechanics not...

May 17, 2021
  147. Vumad replied to the thread For the love of mittens.....

Just unlock it when the free AA unlock. That's 4 expansion old raid content. Who cares at that point.

May 13, 2021
  148. Vumad liked Skuz's post in the thread At what point does EQ become a group game? Or Guild game?.

Mostly successful = slow was mitigated for it's value minus 25% 65% slow that was mostly successful = 48.75% (65*0.75) Partially...

May 13, 2021
  149. Vumad replied to the thread At what point does EQ become a group game? Or Guild game?.

I think the confusion here is... Does the mob have a cap on the slow and the message indicates the cap. Example: Max mob slow is...

May 12, 2021
  150. Vumad replied to the thread At what point does EQ become a group game? Or Guild game?.

All slows work this way. The message you get for the slow, as Tucoh was talking about above, comes from the mob, not the spell or...

May 11, 2021
  151. Vumad replied to the thread For the love of mittens.....

X = 6 --> X = 1

May 11, 2021
  152. Vumad replied to the thread At what point does EQ become a group game? Or Guild game?.

The procs are good and worth caring about. The caster belt at 115 is I think 5k DD, but the procs are calculated with AA modifiers. I...

May 11, 2021
  153. Vumad replied to the thread At what point does EQ become a group game? Or Guild game?.

There is no name. It's not a special belt. There are like 4 belt types. A tank belt that procs a slow. A melee belt that procs...

May 10, 2021
  154. Vumad replied to the thread Potential Returning EQ Player Needs Advice.

Net lag duplicate

May 9, 2021
  155. Vumad replied to the thread Potential Returning EQ Player Needs Advice.

1) Maps are present but most of them are blank. Download Brewalls or Goods and put them in a folder in your map folder, then select...

May 9, 2021
  156. Vumad replied to the thread New to Everquest.

Rogue can shroud of stealth so almost nothing can see them, so good for exploring, but only other utility is lock pick which isn't used...

May 8, 2021
  157. Vumad replied to the thread Fair bazaar prices for leveling gear?.

I throw stuff on an alt and give it away to people who are out there putting in the work. I don't advertise and wont give it if just asked....

May 7, 2021
  158. Vumad replied to the thread At what point does EQ become a group game? Or Guild game?.

There are a lot of factors. Lets take for instance kiting. A necro can kite in every expansion, unless a mob summons, in which case...

May 6, 2021
  159. Vumad liked Owl56's post in the thread ENC - Project Illusion - onto animation.

As long as we're asking, I would like to illusion my mercs as well. After all, I can illusion my other group members.

May 6, 2021
  160. Vumad liked Skuz's post in the thread Im getting old and wanna sit down.

There's a lot of h's missing in this post imho. I sit you not.

May 6, 2021
  161. Vumad liked Svann2's post in the thread Im getting old and wanna sit down.

You are floating in water, so you should be relaxed enough just like that. Should be no need to sit.

May 6, 2021
  162. Vumad replied to the thread Question about charm pets.

Yes. Charming was very OP so it was nerfed a very long time ago. Reverse charming is a term used to describe when you kill your pet...

May 6, 2021
  163. Vumad replied to the thread Overseer 3 quests to 5 quests...Gold or Current Xpac to activate?.

Eating a single krono takes you from 3 to 5. I have a completely FTP account with a druid on it. I ate a krono back when there was a...

May 6, 2021
  164. Vumad replied to the thread Any Advice for someone who has spent the past 22 years.

Isn't Phinny closing soon? If you end up on Luclin, feel free to reach out. I will teach you whatever I can if you are in need of...

May 2, 2021
  165. Vumad replied to the thread best high dps 3 box 3 merc caster group?.

I just want to play my ENC. The less my boxes distract from paying ENC, the better. Boxes are a necessary burden for many of us.

May 1, 2021
  166. Vumad replied to the thread Newb Questions.

OOC regen starts after 30 seconds in groups and 5 minutes in raids. Total time from 0 to full with OOC regen is about 3 minutes, but...

May 1, 2021
  167. Vumad replied to the thread /chatfontsize 4 < what we need > /chatfontsize 5.

They are not. The first few are linear but after that they do strange things like get bold and stuff.

May 1, 2021
  168. Vumad replied to the thread /chatfontsize 4 < what we need > /chatfontsize 5.

The font sizes are non-linear. Did you try the numbers after 6?

May 1, 2021
  169. Vumad replied to the thread Any Advice for someone who has spent the past 22 years.

ENC is pretty different than bard despite the similarities. They do similar/same jobs but ENC can't cast and run so they are a lot...

May 1, 2021
  170. Vumad replied to the thread Any Advice for someone who has spent the past 22 years.

Comparing to an ENC to a CLR/DRU is would be laughableif not so insulting. BRDs are not better at pulling than ENC. Bards are...

May 1, 2021
  171. Vumad replied to the thread Devs: Using our alts as mercenaries.

I think this would be a viable concept if the Alt merc were >>>On the same account<<< as the player using the merc and could substitute a...

Apr 30, 2021
  172. Vumad replied to the thread Multi guild membership or extension to another guild's banner/trophies for raid purposes.

It would be nice if the guild had a portal as it does now, remove the portal stone, and add a second portal that always goes to the banner.

Apr 30, 2021
  173. Vumad liked Yinla's post in the thread Multi guild membership or extension to another guild's banner/trophies for raid purposes.

You can already use another guilds portal to get to your own guilds banner, did this a few times during joint raids when both guild had...

Apr 30, 2021
  174. Vumad liked Windance's post in the thread Multi guild membership or extension to another guild's banner/trophies for raid purposes.

There is an easy way to make this work. Right now when you go to place a banner you need 12 guild members with in some range of the...

Apr 30, 2021
  175. Vumad replied to the thread best high dps 3 box 3 merc caster group?.

I said it's the best because it is easiest caster group to box. SK is a lot more work to box than a /pet attack, and even using a...

Apr 29, 2021
  176. Vumad replied to the thread best high dps 3 box 3 merc caster group?.

MAG/ENC/DRU is the best caster group, although not the highest DPS.

Apr 29, 2021
  177. Vumad replied to the thread gold silver and copper.

Is there a reason they can't make a new coin, like a titanium coin, and not tie it to the copper system. Make an NPC they buys/sells...

Apr 27, 2021
  178. Vumad replied to the thread necro pet good enough tank?.

It will be fine for some content but you will likely need 2 cleric mercs and 1 caster merc. You should try a WAR/CLR/ROG mercs....

Apr 27, 2021
  179. Vumad replied to the thread Returning after years which group/box combo do you think is better.

It's Ctrl+Alt+#, the alternate to alt+tab that is. With that you should be able to switch to any toon from the order you loaded them,...

Apr 25, 2021
  180. Vumad replied to the thread Returning after years which group/box combo do you think is better.

Anyone know the alternate to alt+tab? I thought it was WinKey+# but it doesn't seem to be working for me presently. I know it works, I have...

Apr 25, 2021
  181. Vumad liked ---Xislaben---'s post in the thread No downtime appreciation bonuses?.

I asked the devs for double raid trash for the hours of zero raid trash we missed. They said no.

Apr 22, 2021
  182. Vumad liked Barraind's post in the thread [Feedback] Who Won The FV Anniversary Statue?.

Not in a legal sense. All California requires is: Additionally, at the conclusion of a contest, its conductor must send, upon...

Apr 22, 2021
  183. Vumad replied to the thread No downtime appreciation bonuses?.

I do this... I tell people I will be later than I plan to be, so they think I am early. And I tell the people who are always late an...

Apr 21, 2021
  184. Vumad liked Uuggerr's post in the thread No downtime appreciation bonuses?.

I understand your sentiment, and your choice of posting name. and I agree completely with the legal writing in the EULA. I also...

Apr 21, 2021
  185. Vumad replied to the thread Returning after years which group/box combo do you think is better.

Very. I have ENC, CLR, MAG and use WAR, ROG, ROG mercs. I have no issues. On T2 named I drop 1 ROG merc for 1 CLR merc, so ENC, CLR,...

Apr 21, 2021
  186. Vumad replied to the thread Returning after years which group/box combo do you think is better.

For the caster group, switch the Wizard with a Druid. Still have ports and snare, but adds track, not merc healer dependent, Dru is...

Apr 21, 2021
  187. Vumad replied to the thread Defenders of the tomb reset.

Like I said, mez'ing a mob work. Still though, having the event reset the way it does presently seems to be something that is not...

Apr 21, 2021
  188. Vumad replied to the thread [Bertox] Open Plat Raid.

What a great idea. A night or 2 of raiding could cover an entire expansion worth of armor (materials), spells and various upgrades. A huge...

Apr 20, 2021
  189. Vumad replied to the thread No downtime appreciation bonuses?.

LOL. Okay.

Apr 20, 2021
  190. Vumad replied to the thread No downtime appreciation bonuses?.

Thing about asking for bonus XP for downtime, is that bonus XP has no way to negatively affect business. They wont lose revenue because of...

Apr 20, 2021
  191. Vumad posted a new thread.

Defenders of the tomb reset

Raid version... Technically not a bug but working like a bug. Please extend the reset timer on unaggro'ed drakes. It is way to short....

Forum: Bug Reports

Apr 18, 2021
  192. Vumad replied to the thread Swarm pets - get lost ability please.

I do play a magician but I said I don't understand the class as well as my main. Keep in mind it was just an example I was trying to...

Apr 18, 2021
  193. Vumad replied to the thread 3 box for LDoN and GoD.

Anything you will pick will be fine for SK+SHM. The two are solid and you want more DPS. The obvious answer is BST because you want to play...

Apr 17, 2021
  194. Vumad replied to the thread Need help with class to level boost.

The socialization is just fine. Just don't expect to find people in every zone you run to LFM. The game is massive and the player base...

Apr 17, 2021
  195. Vumad replied to the thread Swarm pets - get lost ability please.

That's the issue though. Maximizing number of pets. The Quantity is easily corrected with more Quality. If they just scaled back all...

Apr 17, 2021
  196. Vumad liked Elyssanda's post in the thread What will you do during next weeks 36 hour downtime?.

I do home health, so my normal shifts are 12 hours, but if my relief calls in I pick up their 12, then my next normal shift of 12......

Apr 17, 2021