Tarvas's Recent Activity

1. Tarvas liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Holly Longdale / Blizzard.

Agnarr is an era server and you can now transfer off it to other TLPs. Everyone now and then someone will suggest a 2nd era but there...

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:28 AM
  2. Tarvas liked Thoxsel's post in the thread Disc cooldown & Items messed up after zoning.

Not only a ui bug. It's server side and client side. Someone mentioned it occurs with off-sync local pc time versus server time but i...

Feb 21, 2021
  3. Tarvas replied to the thread Headshot doesn't work at lower levels any more.

I messed around on Coirnav last year during TSS and had 11 procs on 57 mobs. I was in a mix of past expansions/defiant gear. It is what it...

Feb 20, 2021
  4. Tarvas replied to the thread Did HA enemies get buffed?.

Given the rate of XP between 85 and 100, even players living in COTF HAs will not acquire enough marks to get close to a complete set...

Feb 18, 2021
  5. Tarvas liked Yinla's post in the thread Droppable vs Crafted - Next Expansion.

In RoS for group gear there wasn't any no drop ore, you made a piece of Conflagrant and you could give it to someone or sell it to help...

Feb 16, 2021
  6. Tarvas liked Bigstomp's post in the thread Droppable vs Crafted - Next Expansion.

It does not really take more effort. You go to bazaar and buy a template. You take your coins and buy an ore. You build whatever...

Feb 14, 2021
  7. Tarvas liked Jumbur's post in the thread Droppable vs Crafted - Next Expansion.

I preferred something like RoS too, although i was annoyed thats you needed 2 diamonds back then(one for the player who wants the item and...

Feb 14, 2021
  8. Tarvas replied to the thread Droppable vs Crafted - Next Expansion.

I am of the opinion that the final tier of dropped group and raid gear should be the better than TS. Why they went full blown TS as the...

Feb 14, 2021
  9. Tarvas replied to the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

When I raid it is a fight to get other folks to understand this. On the mana issue and it is a issue, the help needs to come from...

Feb 13, 2021
  10. Tarvas liked Szilent's post in the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

that's not wrong? But also he's part of those groups, making them good groups for the others in there since he's not prone to...

Feb 13, 2021
  11. Tarvas replied to the thread EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!.

Emperor Crushbone and the Crushbone Orcs deserve some love so that I can kill him and them again without having to make another new toon to...

Feb 7, 2021
  12. Tarvas liked Pip's post in the thread EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!.

Greetings Norrathians! Norraths? Norrathinites? ...Y'all! I come to you with an interesting situation that we are having here at Darkpaw....

Feb 7, 2021
  13. Tarvas replied to the thread Do new accounts get less xp?.

Is it possible that two of your accounts are tagged recruit a friend? If so that would explain the discrepancy. The puller thing described...

Jan 27, 2021
  14. Tarvas replied to the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

I don't want to be an exclusive ranged class. Having to mix it up now is nice. What would be good which I think has been said elsewhere is...

Jan 21, 2021
  15. Tarvas replied to the thread 2 Million Plat Bazaar Limit? About time to fix it?.

I only have a 150k plat between all six of my accounts. :(

Jan 16, 2021
  16. Tarvas liked yepmetoo's post in the thread 2 Million Plat Bazaar Limit? About time to fix it?.

What part of, "they can't do it without rewriting the entire code" is hard to get? The game and its currency is based off a 32-bit...

Jan 16, 2021
  17. Tarvas liked Tucoh's post in the thread Dear Darkpaw : We are disappointed.

I know Hogwild didn't mean this, but it's funny to see the statement "VM's can run better than physical servers". Like, what do VMs run on,...

Jan 14, 2021
  18. Tarvas liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

TIL we still have class forums, i guess this is where threads go to die.

Jan 14, 2021
  19. Tarvas replied to the thread What is going on?.

Rally + protest + magical swords, hammers, daggers, etc. in San Diego. What could go wrong? The one cleric who brought a Jungle Raptor...

Jan 12, 2021
  20. Tarvas replied to the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

Balancing classes isn't a priority during beta.

Jan 11, 2021
  21. Tarvas liked niente's post in the thread Fixed Internally Spell gem lockup not fixed.

This should be fixed - please test on the Test server next week. There seems to be a misunderstanding about how bugs get fixed and...

Jan 10, 2021
  22. Tarvas liked Skuz's post in the thread Is this perception wrong?.

Following up, I knew I had heard JChan say it but here's where: 1h37m28s in [media]

Jan 2, 2021
  23. Tarvas replied to the thread @Devs - CoV exp still too low, see below:.

Two new troll accounts made today.

Jan 1, 2021
  24. Tarvas liked Absor's post in the thread CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult.

I apologize for not responding to this thread earlier. When it devolved into "you suck" arguments, it lost most of its value to me. I do...

Jan 1, 2021
  25. Tarvas liked Cadira's post in the thread Best potions for power leveling a new alt?.

You want a potion? Here ya go! Oil of Fennin Ro https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2508 Sold from Zordak Ragefire in...

Dec 29, 2020
  26. Tarvas liked Wolfwoodd's post in the thread New expansion - anything for new/returning players?.

To give the Devs some credit, 2020 is not the year for innovative, developer intensive changes to the game. Like most of the rest of the...

Dec 25, 2020
  27. Tarvas replied to the thread ranger advice for returning player.

HDex. SK > SHM > RNG will do okay though DPS will sometimes lack. That will be offset somewhat by being able to PL your ranger through...

Dec 25, 2020
  28. Tarvas liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread What time does Double XP start?.

The agnostics have been running this war on Frostfell for years now, and they've finally almost driven the term completely out of our...

Dec 24, 2020
  29. Tarvas liked Plumbus's post in the thread Ranger DPS Check.

Looks like Forceful Rejuvenation is missing? Extra arrow nukes during burn is pretty nice.

Dec 24, 2020
  30. Tarvas replied to the thread What time does Double XP start?.

What is "Xmas?"

Dec 24, 2020
  31. Tarvas liked Absor's post in the thread Is this perception wrong?.

I guess I'm just getting a little tired of hearing about "recycled" content. It is not easier or less work to recreate an old zone with new...

Dec 23, 2020
  32. Tarvas replied to the thread Game not built for playing just One Account anymore.

If they sold it to me so I could play it on my computer with as many instances as my computer can handle I would definitely buy it....

Dec 23, 2020
  33. Tarvas replied to the thread Why do you always.....

I don't know if they box on EQ2, but I am willing to bet that the 82k accounts are closer to 40k real people, if not below.

Dec 23, 2020
  34. Tarvas replied to the thread Raidgear does trivialize Groupcontent to the point of monopolizing large aerea.

Are you saying group geared players should be killing 50 - 60 CoV trash mobs an hour? I wonder what people think each class should be...

Dec 21, 2020
  35. Tarvas replied to the thread Ranger DPS Check.

I am just going to do this by the numbers. 1. Yes 2. I'll make this switch next time and hope I don't get killed....Rashod. 3. The...

Dec 19, 2020
  36. Tarvas replied to the thread Ranger DPS Check.

I am going to pick this a part later to kind of refine how it fits with what CN does, but its already led me to ask some leading...

Dec 18, 2020
  37. Tarvas liked Derka's post in the thread Ranger DPS Check.

Just picking stuff apart here because there are some good suggestions already. -Were you using a Restless Focus potion? -Devastating Velium...

Dec 18, 2020
  38. Tarvas liked Fintank's post in the thread Ranger DPS Check.

Your personal ability use seems right on point based off the volume of each. I did notice 3 things that can improve your overall...

Dec 18, 2020
  39. Tarvas liked Fistix's post in the thread Ranger DPS Check.

Cast any dots?

Dec 18, 2020
  40. Tarvas liked Szilent's post in the thread Ranger DPS Check.

ya that'd be good. Bifolding one Swarm, & SCF would do a bunch in that raid event

Dec 18, 2020
  41. Tarvas liked dubblestack's post in the thread Ranger DPS Check.

i wouldnt in that short of a time, but thats just me, mana is hard to come by these days.

Dec 18, 2020
  42. Tarvas replied to the thread Ranger DPS Check.

They seem to be dying pretty quickly, normally before 30 seconds has passed. In those short fight situations is the Ice Burrower worth it?

Dec 17, 2020
  43. Tarvas posted a new thread.

Ranger DPS Check

Hi. So just doing a check to if this looks right. I was in a tank group because my raider leader hates me, but there was a box shaman that...

Forum: Hybrid

Dec 17, 2020
  44. Tarvas liked Windance's post in the thread Teleporters from the upgrade editions go to the same area as guild hall port?.

I hope they change the clicky to the WW zone line. That would make the item worth some extra $$$.

Dec 12, 2020
  45. Tarvas replied to the thread Teleporters from the upgrade editions go to the same area as guild hall port?.

This would be great. I think they should give this to the druids/wizards. They should probably make the succor point in CS the WW...

Dec 12, 2020
  46. Tarvas liked Cicelee's post in the thread Teleporters from the upgrade editions go to the same area as guild hall port?.

An idea- It was advertised as going to CS. But it was not advertised as to what part of CS. How hard is it internally to change the...

Dec 12, 2020
  47. Tarvas replied to the thread CoV info.

I'm talking about boxing. Sustaining with Tarvas isn't a problem. Its getting my boxing gameplay up to that of some other folks....

Dec 9, 2020
  48. Tarvas replied to the thread Servers Up....Servers Down.

You don't see many other games running around with 20+ year old code operating at this level either.

Dec 8, 2020
  49. Tarvas liked Tegila's post in the thread COV comments....

nobody made you buy it, and its not the only thing in the package.

Dec 8, 2020
  50. Tarvas replied to the thread Why is the server down!.

I wonder if they ate lunch first...

Dec 8, 2020
  51. Tarvas liked Skuz's post in the thread New expansion - anything for new/returning players?.

I may be wrong here but don't bank on a 100 Heroic happening, the devs (well Ngreth) has said it is on their radar without any current...

Dec 8, 2020
  52. Tarvas liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Fixed Internally Enchant Refined Velium.

This is fixed, but I do not know if it will make the patch :( I made an error while I was making the Claws of Veeshan enchants and broke...

Dec 8, 2020
  53. Tarvas liked Jein-ko's post in the thread Fixed Internally Enchant Refined Velium.

I am trying to understand how in the world a person is required to own Claws of Veeshan to learn "Ability: Enchant Refined Velium"....

Dec 8, 2020
  54. Tarvas replied to the thread CoV info.

I definitely need to git gud. Too bad the mercs were tuned down. Occasionally, I get into a group with box masters and realize how...

Dec 7, 2020
  55. Tarvas liked yepmetoo's post in the thread CoV info.

As a group of 110-115s...I'd say you need to get better. Or drop the chafe for some rogue mercs.

Dec 7, 2020
  56. Tarvas replied to the thread CoV info.

What if you can't sustain a 1m dps? /sadface

Dec 7, 2020
  57. Tarvas replied to the thread COV comments....

I am not interested in flipping kronos. I did a couple of three month buys just to test out some six box stuff, but I am not impressed...

Dec 4, 2020
  58. Tarvas replied to the thread Ranger DPS.

Not quite seeing this. Obviously I am missing the "right adps," but without bowing seems to be about 60k ahead of melee with the 2hp...

Dec 4, 2020
  59. Tarvas replied to the thread Dragon Hoard underwhelming?.

I don't mind increasing be tied to old expansions. There a whole game out there people have never seen. Collectibles...get F!

Dec 4, 2020
  60. Tarvas liked Jumbur's post in the thread things id pay for outside of an expantion.

I pay one subscription and I pay for expansions, that should be enough. I don't feel like paying more than that. I don't like...

Dec 4, 2020
  61. Tarvas replied to the thread COV comments....

It does not matter how much EQ contributes to the bottom line, it only matters how many resources it gets. The devs do not control...

Dec 4, 2020
  62. Tarvas liked Accipiter's post in the thread COV comments....

In N Out is like a fresh TLP... the nostalgia outweighs the reality for a little while but then reality rears its ugly head again....

Dec 4, 2020
  63. Tarvas replied to the thread COV comments....

In 'n Out is terribad. Krystals is where it is at.

Dec 3, 2020
  64. Tarvas replied to the thread COV comments....

I dream about the having access to the full menu of Taco Bell. Its the best Mexican restaurant in Texas.

Dec 2, 2020
  65. Tarvas liked Jbur's post in the thread EG7 enters agreement to acquire Daybreak.

I've always found it amusing that people make guesses about the value and revenue of EQ that puts it in the same league as a mom and pop...

Dec 1, 2020
  66. Tarvas liked dreamweaver's post in the thread A Quick Note from Jenn Chan, Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games.

Hi All, as you may or may not have already heard, Daybreak Games has entered into an acquisition agreement with a publicly listed gaming...

Dec 1, 2020
  67. Tarvas replied to the thread Coming back at 110.

Are we sure the "raw xp" number changes with levels that we get per kill? I was under the impression that the real XP number didn't...

Nov 30, 2020
  68. Tarvas replied to the thread Coming back at 110.

Does it matter when you decide to grind out XP from 111 - 115 and get the missions/mercs/partisan done? Isn't level irrelevant to the chunk...

Nov 30, 2020
  69. Tarvas liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread [Question] How to report AFK XP'ing.

Though I favor the ideas you present, Darkpaw Games is not some backwater group of ragtag game designers. They are professionals....

Nov 21, 2020
  70. Tarvas replied to the thread [Question] How to report AFK XP'ing.

As an adult I spend entirely too much time daydreaming about what I would do if I was rich enough to buy DPG. Damn EQ!

Nov 20, 2020
  71. Tarvas liked Nennius's post in the thread [Question] How to report AFK XP'ing.

There are folks in-game I have on ignore. As a for instance, person on ignore sends me tell after tell after tell. If I don't see it...

Nov 20, 2020
  72. Tarvas replied to the thread EQ patch notes - 18th November 2020.

I imagine that it isn't as easy as it would appear. It would be nice if they added the translocators though.

Nov 17, 2020
  73. Tarvas liked Act of Valor's post in the thread Sell us AA's for plat!.

You've got to be kidding.

Nov 16, 2020
  74. Tarvas replied to the thread Ranger TOV raid ore weapon choice.

From my rather limited testing you want the bow first, then the 2HP for the proc while bowing.

Nov 15, 2020
  75. Tarvas replied to the thread ToV t3 ranger weapons.

Just got the challenger done, but forgot all about the augs. Thank you for bringing that up!

Nov 12, 2020
  76. Tarvas liked Szilent's post in the thread ToV t3 ranger weapons.

There's no choice to be made, the top +dmg aug has the biggest proc on it.

Nov 12, 2020
  77. Tarvas replied to the thread ToV t3 ranger weapons.

In the Velium Enhanced Spear, is a dmg or proc aug better now?

Nov 11, 2020
  78. Tarvas replied to the thread ToV t3 ranger weapons.

The takeaway from this discussion is that during non-Pureshot and IF times, using the T3 2HP is the way to go to maximize DPS. Did I get...

Nov 11, 2020
  79. Tarvas liked Yinla's post in the thread No More Kunark or Velious remakes ever again PLEASE.

We had a few of those in House of Thule and Seeds of Destruction. My main problem is with the Velious remake in ToV and CoV is that...

Nov 10, 2020
  80. Tarvas liked Elyssanda's post in the thread No More Kunark or Velious remakes ever again PLEASE.

For goodness sake there are other expansions out there if you MUST remake. Luclin? Take us back to the moon, or take us to the OTHER moon....

Nov 10, 2020
  81. Tarvas liked Tegila's post in the thread Game etiquette and end of the year weirdness..

am i the only one wondering how OP is having ninjalooting issues?

Nov 4, 2020
  82. Tarvas liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Game etiquette and end of the year weirdness..

I removed the political post and the responses. Let's not.

Nov 4, 2020
  83. Tarvas replied to the thread Trying to survive solo.

Yes. I would probably go healer merc in those situations since root is going to break. Once you are done with Teek head to a place...

Oct 23, 2020
  84. Tarvas liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread If You Were a Dev, What Would You Have Done Differently?.

If I were a Dev, I'd not have made the stats on gear in Seeds of Destruction grow as large was implemented at the time. The current...

Oct 12, 2020
  85. Tarvas liked ikarinokamii's post in the thread If You Were a Dev, What Would You Have Done Differently?.

I've always though the biggest error in EQ, what that each expansion obliterated the gear from the previous expansion the game kept...

Oct 12, 2020
  86. Tarvas liked OlavSkullcrusher's post in the thread If You Were a Dev, What Would You Have Done Differently?.

I agree with this. Way too much mudflation. Especially when it came to expansions that reached backwards in levels. There is no reason...

Oct 12, 2020
  87. Tarvas replied to the thread Going from 4 to 6 box..

It depends on how much work you want to put into it. I am at the less work stage of playing this game given how top heavy stuff is so...

Sep 2, 2020