Tarvas's Recent Activity

1. Tarvas replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I recently learned that giving certain parts of a server stack a rest may end up with them deciding to rest eternally. A hamster in...

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:02 PM
  2. Tarvas liked Herf's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Well, when code and a dev love each other very much, adult bugs are eliminated to make space for new baby bugs to give them a chance to...

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:58 PM
  3. Tarvas liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:56 PM
  4. Tarvas liked Nebulism's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Note: I'm not a dev for this game, but experienced in other industries. The actual deployment of the next iteration of the code is likely...

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:49 PM
  5. Tarvas liked ttobey's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I have a bunch of recent eq/eq2 characters exported to Unreal here. -https://vimeo.com/849566054-

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:29 PM
  6. Tarvas liked ttobey's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I'm sure it will help in the near future and be a tool for artists to use, but it's not there yet.

Apr 11, 2024
  7. Tarvas liked ttobey's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

It's a very cool demo but running a character around an Unreal environment and making a fully working game are two different stories.

Apr 11, 2024
  8. Tarvas replied to the thread BST pet nerf?.

I went through the LS partisans and mercs with the 118 version with no problems.

Apr 8, 2024
  9. Tarvas replied to the thread Free lv 100 3box.

I have a lot of success with a BST, BRD, and MAG sans current missions. That damn pet thing kills me, but others have had success getting...

Apr 8, 2024
  10. Tarvas liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Player made expansion !.

I would advise not sending her a message as this isn't something that is possible or will ever happen due to various labor laws preventing...

Apr 3, 2024
  11. Tarvas liked trb2's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Some pretty toxic responses here, no wonder they don't like to do these often. I can summarize for you what most of what they are saying...

Apr 3, 2024
  12. Tarvas replied to the thread Mini PC for EQ?.

Made a mistake and bought laptops for the kids recently. Worst...mistake...ever. But hey! I got the premium support package! /facepalm

Mar 25, 2024
  13. Tarvas liked fransisco's post in the thread Mini PC for EQ?.

I just spent the extra money to get quality fans on my desktop. I never ever hear its fans running. Laptops always sound like jets, so...

Mar 25, 2024
  14. Tarvas liked Mhystwalker's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

This AMA response was unexpectedly thorough and insightful. I have a much better understanding and appreciation now of the efforts by the...

Mar 22, 2024
  15. Tarvas replied to the thread Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ..

I hope I am never reduced to a situation where my rebellion's success or failure rested on the encryption methods of the game I am...

Feb 24, 2024
  16. Tarvas replied to the thread Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ..

I would play a single-player version of the game as long as I could box at least three toon. I have no need for difficulty settings or...

Feb 22, 2024
  17. Tarvas liked Dre.'s post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I'm not convinced either of these are true. Developers I've worked with would absolutely abhor a 12 month cycle with a thesaurus...

Feb 21, 2024
  18. Tarvas liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

On the contrary: - Backend data and server migration restructure - 64-bit game engine migration - UI engine rebuild - DX11 graphics...

Feb 21, 2024
  19. Tarvas liked code-zero's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

tl;dr don't care

Feb 21, 2024
  20. Tarvas liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I thought you were "done" with EQ. :P That's a lot of retort and opinion for someone who's leaving. I have never bought a potion or...

Feb 21, 2024
  21. Tarvas liked Cadira's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Should have stopped here.

Feb 21, 2024
  22. Tarvas liked Conq's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

But can I has yer stuff?

Feb 21, 2024
  23. Tarvas replied to the thread Make EQ Open Source.

How many games in active development by a company are opened source? The only one I could find was GTA 5 which happened a year after the...

Feb 20, 2024
  24. Tarvas liked Scila's post in the thread planetside sold?.

So I don't know about anybody else, but yeah I would want somebody proficient in word. Excel, etc. is simply part of the suite. Why, let...

Feb 18, 2024
  25. Tarvas liked Cicelee's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I do find it funny that raiders don't care about a 500-1k improvement on a new expansion T1 item, but they will KS and train and do...

Feb 12, 2024
  26. Tarvas liked Cadira's post in the thread Beastlord CoV 111 Spell: Composite Fury.

Somewhat unrelated, but using dichotomic fury for the entirety of the rest of the current game is advised instead of the "upgraded"...

Feb 6, 2024
  27. Tarvas liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

It's astounding to me how some on these forums take a no-holds-barred approach in sharing their opinions. But then not only refuse to...

Feb 6, 2024
  28. Tarvas liked Fenthen's post in the thread Tradeskills 1 - 300.

CotF -- Ethernere Essences can grind you to 300+ research.

Feb 6, 2024
  29. Tarvas replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

I think it has something do with performance.

Feb 2, 2024
  30. Tarvas liked Kaenneth's post in the thread DX11 changeover "misery" /claim idea.

Nah.

Jan 31, 2024
  31. Tarvas replied to the thread Crate for 500 coin.

Being obese, angry, depressed, etc. are proven issues to, but it does not negate the individual's responsibility to deal with it. I...

Jan 29, 2024
  32. Tarvas replied to the thread Crate for 500 coin.

Or maybe people should have compulsion control. /shrug

Jan 26, 2024
  33. Tarvas replied to the thread 120 BST + 116 Bard : Do I really need a 3rd?.

My beast is my main, my bard is my second, and mage third. I am raid geared so the ear help the pet tank a bunch. Unless it is...

Jan 18, 2024
  34. Tarvas replied to the thread 120 BST + 116 Bard : Do I really need a 3rd?.

I haven't touched the new expansion yet, but I added a mage at the end of EoK on Coirnav and have never looked back. That combo was enough...

Jan 14, 2024
  35. Tarvas liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Laurions Song... I have to admit - You did good.

It's a chocolate chip cookie. It doesn't have to be innovative or new. It's got its niche, and just keep delivering that same...

Jan 4, 2024
  36. Tarvas replied to the thread EverQuest is Changing the World.

Maybe Europe and Canada should join the developed world and begin taking care of themselves instead of relying on other countries to...

Dec 10, 2023
  37. Tarvas liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Personas : First Impression.

The persona haters (who for the most part haven't even tried to use them) are so worked up they can't even tolerate if someone else likes...

Dec 6, 2023
  38. Tarvas liked Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post in the thread Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue.

First, to remove some of the misrepresentations that you make. I never said that the people with millions don't use Krono. I said...

Dec 6, 2023
  39. Tarvas replied to the thread Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue.

Prices in most economies are quick to rise and glacial to fall. It would not take much for the sellers to create the impression that...

Dec 4, 2023
  40. Tarvas liked Smokezz's post in the thread Should we be worried about a roll back next week?.

A lot of mistakes get made by Daybreak. But this wouldn't be something they'd rely on a patch note to say don't use Personas. I'd guess...

Nov 30, 2023
  41. Tarvas liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Should we be worried about a roll back next week?.

I'm curoius...have they ever launched an expansion before and specifically told people NOT to use the primary selling point feature of...

Nov 30, 2023
  42. Tarvas liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread Fixed Launchpad broken. Cannot enter game today.

I used to do the same, until Win7 was no longer supported by Microsoft, and it became more susceptible to viruses, malware, and other...

Nov 29, 2023
  43. Tarvas liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread Fixed Launchpad broken. Cannot enter game today.

Support for WIn7 ended almost four years ago. Stop playing trying to play on potatoes. You can buy a cheap mini-PC for less than $200 bucks...

Nov 29, 2023
  44. Tarvas liked Cuzon's post in the thread What is the deal with the Not a Robot thing?.

This sounds like a bot made this post....

Nov 21, 2023
  45. Tarvas liked MyShadower's post in the thread What is the deal with the Not a Robot thing?.

It is the first line of defense against the AI uprising. EMPs would seriously disrupt humanity's ability to play online games so we tend to...

Nov 21, 2023
  46. Tarvas liked Brickhaus's post in the thread Crafting should be removed from EQ..

I'm pretty sure Strawberry just wants in game calculator development at this point.

Nov 19, 2023
  47. Tarvas liked Svann2's post in the thread Good use of Dev time? Personas vs. real improvements!.

One day the complaint is "its always the same copy pasta" then the next day its all about "why are you changing things???!"

Nov 19, 2023
  48. Tarvas liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Crafting should be removed from EQ..

I feel where your coming from, I hate crafting too. But the issue isn't the crafting, the issue is crafted items crushing BiS raid gear....

Nov 19, 2023
  49. Tarvas replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

You right, man. Complex systems are simple and resources are plentiful. No system has ever had something simple that takes two minutes...

Nov 19, 2023
  50. Tarvas replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

Heh, lets not exaggerate. You have no clue about EQ's processes, therefore you have no clue about the amount of work even simple things...

Nov 19, 2023
  51. Tarvas replied to the thread i returned... but how to level.

The tank merc does the heavy lifting here. I start on the bottom floor pulling towards the entrance so I can make an escape if...

Nov 19, 2023
  52. Tarvas liked ttobey's post in the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Yeah I haven't put a sit on an illusion, but I just checked with how hard would be to implement. Not hard on my end, but I can't speak for...

Nov 17, 2023
  53. Tarvas liked Randomized's post in the thread Root break by DD spells/procs.

Punt, Root, twang twang, punt, root, twang twang.... "strategy" ;)

Nov 16, 2023
  54. Tarvas replied to the thread Can we get a confirmation warning when clicking this please.

There is nothing wrong with the default UI. Tinker with it at your own risk and reap the rewards/headaches.

Nov 12, 2023
  55. Tarvas liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Can we get a confirmation warning when clicking this please.

It really should be moved to another spot on the screen so it is not so close to a login button in addition to what you suggest.

Nov 12, 2023
  56. Tarvas liked Syntillate's post in the thread Dear Devs: Ragefire to Mangler transfers.

Please! Let's call this what it is, an effort to kill Ragefire. You folks at DP know the server population and status perfectly well....

Nov 9, 2023
  57. Tarvas liked Tatanka's post in the thread i returned... but how to level.

Darkness Howls? :) Mission in GMM, if that's the one you mean.

Nov 9, 2023
  58. Tarvas replied to the thread i returned... but how to level.

That is a good catch. As soon as a team can handle Howls the Darkness (or whatever), it's a good place to farm a couple of nonvis and...

Nov 7, 2023
  59. Tarvas replied to the thread i returned... but how to level.

Whenever I am running a new team with no outside help, I do this: 85 - 100: Gribbles in Dead Hills and Marla in Ethenere with sprinkles...

Nov 6, 2023
  60. Tarvas liked Tatanka's post in the thread WHERE IS THE DOUBLE EXP???.

Instead of being told, look it up yourself. The main announcements page has had a post for months regarding this, and it's said the...

Nov 6, 2023
  61. Tarvas replied to the thread An EQ Player's Council that Represents Players.

Companies and politicians use focus groups to pitch ideas to for a bunch reasons. Google or Bing it. Most people do not care enough to...

Nov 1, 2023
  62. Tarvas liked fransisco's post in the thread An EQ Player's Council that Represents Players.

Quite the opposite. That lets the devs speak freely. If they had to worry about every single thing they say getting blasted across...

Nov 1, 2023
  63. Tarvas liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Should game developrs be rotated out of projects..

This would break everything, everywhere, all at once. I am all for disruptive growth. But what you and Strawberry are suggesting would...

Oct 26, 2023
  64. Tarvas liked ttobey's post in the thread Should game developrs be rotated out of projects..

On any game that uses an old engine, it takes so long to ramp a new dev up that you aren't going to send them off to a new team after you...

Oct 25, 2023
  65. Tarvas liked Angeliana's post in the thread Extra Life Group Incentives Stretch Goal.

[IMG] Game Day isn’t even here yet, and you all have surpassed our goal for the year! We are moving the goalposts so we can give more to...

Oct 25, 2023
  66. Tarvas liked niente's post in the thread An EQ Player's Council that Represents Players.

I can understand the suspicion of CRC and what they do, who they are, how they were picked, and what are they accomplishing. The new...

Oct 22, 2023
  67. Tarvas liked Beimeith's post in the thread An EQ Player's Council that Represents Players.

It's not a one-way street. People can and do bring up issues. Whatever goal you think your program will accomplish, the existing one...

Oct 22, 2023
  68. Tarvas replied to the thread Laurion's Song: Only 2 Missions and 8 Raids.

Studio heads are generally not the public facing representatives. Those are producers who is apparently someone named Jared Cater or...

Oct 22, 2023
  69. Tarvas liked Metanis's post in the thread Laurion's Song: Only 2 Missions and 8 Raids.

I rarely take Darkpaw's side on issues. But as I mulled this over in my mind it was very easy to understand that the staff turnover this...

Oct 22, 2023
  70. Tarvas replied to the thread Laurion's Song: Only 2 Missions and 8 Raids.

You can question all you like. I question many things, but I just try to be logical about it. There a difference between asking for an...

Oct 22, 2023