Tarvas's Recent Activity

1. Tarvas replied to the thread Going from 4 to 6 box..

It depends on how much work you want to put into it. I am at the less work stage of playing this game given how top heavy stuff is so...

Sep 2, 2020
  2. Tarvas liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Devs, please increase the fellowship size.

We do not want fellowships to become a second guild. We are firm on not increasing the amount of characters per fellowship.

Jul 30, 2020
  3. Tarvas replied to the thread Rizlona: 5 box suggestion b/w my brother and I: necro or monk AND paladin or ranger?.

Five accounts: Sk, Cleric, Mag, Enc, Wiz....and add a ranger.

Jul 26, 2020
  4. Tarvas replied to the thread Solo Ranger 85-110.

The conversation isn't about ranking the top 10 best solo classes, but how it would be to take a ranger solo from 85 to 110 on a scale...

Jul 25, 2020
  5. Tarvas replied to the thread Solo Ranger 85-110.

Three. A heroic 85 ranger will get decent (not great) procs on headshot. You can single pull and solo the heroic augs in the The Dream...

Jul 24, 2020
  6. Tarvas liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread Who got an EQ Vinyl?.

Did you get one? Are you a fan of the music in EQ? Or just want to watch another episode of The EverQuest Show! Here's the latest...

Jul 21, 2020
  7. Tarvas liked dreamweaver's post in the thread The EverQuest Show partners with EQ for a Special Announcement!.

The newest episode of The EverQuest Show with Fading has a special announcement from us! Check it out at the link below. The EverQuest...

Jul 21, 2020
  8. Tarvas replied to the thread New Expansion? No....

Not even a goodbye.

Jul 19, 2020
  9. Tarvas replied to the thread Removed the 'All Access Days Left:' label in the inventory window..

You could do something novel like figure out your billing cycle and write it on a piece of paper, input it into your phone's calendar, or...

Jul 18, 2020
  10. Tarvas liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread ROS raid diamonds vs TBL/TOV nuggets.

As a mid-tier raider, I preferred the RoS method. However, I do think that class-specific items need to be in T1-T2 raids, not T3. Leave T3...

Jul 16, 2020
  11. Tarvas liked Szilent's post in the thread ToV t3 ranger weapons.

How to Ranger *Torment of Velious Edition* http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=16647.0 not all guides on that forum are good....

Jul 15, 2020
  12. Tarvas replied to the thread Decapitation Upgrade?.

I would give everyone a similar ability at the mob level I specified because it would be far enough down not interfere with recent...

Jul 13, 2020
  13. Tarvas replied to the thread Time to BAN all the 'special trackers' out there.

You should change convenience to cheating. There a million analogies out there for it, but at the end of the day cheating is cheating...

Jul 12, 2020
  14. Tarvas liked Triconix's post in the thread Time to BAN all the 'special trackers' out there.

...what? Been playing 20+ years and never touched any questionable program. If you need a 3rd party tool such as ShowEQ or EmQ to play...

Jul 12, 2020
  15. Tarvas replied to the thread Decapitation Upgrade?.

In my opinion, they need to redo HS/Assassinate/Decap so that it only fires on light blue mobs about 10 levels below current. Then I wish...

Jul 12, 2020
  16. Tarvas liked code-zero's post in the thread Going to be sad to see EQ go.

Not this again, aren't there already enough of these threads?

Jul 11, 2020
  17. Tarvas liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread What are your experiences in ToV as a casual player?.

Thing is I havent played eq for 21 years so I could play some overseer game :)

Jul 9, 2020
  18. Tarvas replied to the thread Dead broke on Bristlebane..

Kill low level names in TSS and DoN. It is not going to make you rich but the loot is vendor trash for 50 - 300pp a piece

Jul 8, 2020
  19. Tarvas liked Skuz's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

I did reach out to Dreamweaver & asked if he would speak to the dev team about this idea of dropping Truebox on older TLP to let them know...

Jul 7, 2020
  20. Tarvas replied to the thread Time to BAN all the 'special trackers' out there.

As one old soul impressed upon me in a fateful meeting, who is "they?"

Jul 7, 2020
  21. Tarvas liked feeltheburn's post in the thread Account to Account.

we beating on this dead horse yet again?

Jul 7, 2020
  22. Tarvas replied to the thread Account to Account.

The horse's corpse has already decayed....but would have loved this feature to have returned a couple of years ago. Today it's too late.

Jul 7, 2020
  23. Tarvas replied to the thread Enhancement Request: /ignore Charactername Account.

There a difference between restricting someone's speech and just flat out ignoring them.

Jul 3, 2020
  24. Tarvas replied to the thread No Lore Forum Anymore?.

If they could bring that back along with separating out the damn class forums....it would be great.

Jul 2, 2020
  25. Tarvas liked HoodenShuklak's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

Please stay on topic and attack arguments and posters that don't hit Report like crybabies or they will lock this legitimately useful...

Jul 1, 2020
  26. Tarvas replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

My desk is too small for another computer monitor :(

Jun 29, 2020
  27. Tarvas liked Nolrog's post in the thread Prathum please look into....

There is a bug report forum for posting issues like this (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/bug-reports.286/). It's...

Jun 26, 2020
  28. Tarvas replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

It would though I would personally prefer what some other's have mentioned and for it to happen later. How much later I haven't...

Jun 24, 2020
  29. Tarvas replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Since we are wish listing things, I would like to see the mission arc spells from DoDh put on the PoK vendors at TSS launch. Having to wait...

Jun 24, 2020
  30. Tarvas replied to the thread Solo Ranger Question.

I am doing a ranger on Coirnav and followed a similiar path to the above. I recommend it.

Jun 17, 2020
  31. Tarvas liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread Solo Ranger Question.

Kunark zones are where it's at for leveling as a lowbie ranger on TLP. Classic EQ zones are terrible to level a Ranger in. Lake of Ill...

Jun 17, 2020
  32. Tarvas replied to the thread ToV Review Change My Mind.

That wasn't till level 95 under the old rules and not in era I believe.

Jun 17, 2020
  33. Tarvas replied to the thread ToV Review Change My Mind.

For me, I was able to do TOV T1 mercs and partisans with the ranger below (minus a few upgrades), a 20k SK in starting in conflagrant and...

Jun 17, 2020
  34. Tarvas replied to the thread a skyfire drake for "A Simple Task: Level 50".

It took a couple of days, but I zoned in today and there were like 10 up. Either someone went in and slaughtered the place or some change...

Jun 16, 2020
  35. Tarvas liked Skuz's post in the thread Apology without change is deception.

p99 is an enthusiast project, EverQuest is a business They are completely different in almost every way & should never be considered...

Jun 15, 2020
  36. Tarvas liked Smokezz's post in the thread [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].

The automated bot groups aren't using it. They're using something else... ISB is fine to use.

Jun 15, 2020
  37. Tarvas liked CatsPaws's post in the thread a skyfire drake for "A Simple Task: Level 50".

Lava is Lava. ;) They are in the lava or flying very close to it. /shrug

Jun 14, 2020
  38. Tarvas replied to the thread a skyfire drake for "A Simple Task: Level 50".

I think you may be describing The Burning Woods. This task is in Skyfire. I should have mentioned the zone. Thank you though.

Jun 14, 2020
  39. Tarvas liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread a skyfire drake for "A Simple Task: Level 50".

There are some Teek hotzone tasks where it is clear that the devs simply threw a dart at a map of the zones and then randomly picked a mob...

Jun 14, 2020
  40. Tarvas replied to the thread Unacceptable performance to warrant a sub.

Some people are so predictable. I actually find it amusing. :)

Jun 14, 2020
  41. Tarvas replied to the thread Unacceptable performance to warrant a sub.

Well, it can be annoying for some. It is always interesting when all the new members come out though. I wonder why they don't put...

Jun 14, 2020
  42. Tarvas liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Unacceptable performance to warrant a sub.

There are 30 non-sticky threads on the front page of the default page 1 of the TLP forum. 26 are complaints/whine/venting. That is...

Jun 14, 2020
  43. Tarvas replied to the thread Returning player.

Headshot is still good in EoK. Once you tip over into 111 it will be good for AAs, but not leveling because of the shear amount of xp that...

Jun 13, 2020
  44. Tarvas liked Tucoh's post in the thread Just a reminder if your doing artisan prize or pop flagging.

And also take a few minutes before each kill to advertise it in general. These days in most cases you won't get a response, but that one...

Jun 13, 2020
  45. Tarvas posted a new thread.

a skyfire drake for "A Simple Task: Level 50"

Is there some trick to getting these things to spawn? So far I have killed the two other types of drakes (skycinder and skyash) without any...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jun 13, 2020
  46. Tarvas liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Coirnav: potions and spell research still not working right.

I agree, potion vendors or alchemy mats would be very welcome as well. The Celestial X pots just arent the same at 75 lol. Spell research...

Jun 11, 2020
  47. Tarvas liked Menaan's post in the thread Coirnav: potions and spell research still not working right.

I'm more concerned with the lack of potions and potion vendor personally than spell research, however afaik spell research hasn't worked...

Jun 11, 2020
  48. Tarvas liked Menaan's post in the thread Coirnav: potions and spell research still not working right.

Potions and Spell research on coirnav have been working incorrectly for a couple of expansions now on coirnav. The potion vendor and...

Jun 11, 2020
  49. Tarvas liked JChan's post in the thread A Note to the EQ Community from Jenn Chan.

Hail Adventurers, (TL;DR version at the bottom.) I'm writing to you today to apologize for all the issues that we've been experiencing...

Jun 9, 2020
  50. Tarvas replied to the thread BONUS XP BROKEDED!! Half a level per kill.

Nutz :D

Jun 9, 2020
  51. Tarvas liked Prathun's post in the thread BONUS XP BROKEDED!! Half a level per kill.

It was very briefly higher than intended. Happy XP bonusing!

Jun 9, 2020
  52. Tarvas liked Nadisia's post in the thread Server blow up time.

Ok, servers are back up. But ... pets have poofed, and you know what? My guild hall anchor is gone wild ... again :D (4th time). What a...

Jun 2, 2020
  53. Tarvas replied to the thread Solo Ranger Question.

Fear kiting is it. I stopped at 44 doing Kodiak in GD 18 years ago and turned in my two centi long swords for druid gear.

Jun 2, 2020
  54. Tarvas liked Triconix's post in the thread Server blow up time.

[IMG]

Jun 2, 2020
  55. Tarvas liked Chopin.Xegony's post in the thread 153 minutes.

Please delete this thread admins, keep TLP CRAP in TLP forums.

May 29, 2020
  56. Tarvas liked Smokezz's post in the thread 153 minutes.

Go post on the TLP forums...

May 29, 2020
  57. Tarvas liked KermittheFroglok's post in the thread Ideas for compensation.

That statement doesn't make any sense, DBG already has the cash and DBG is a privately held company, so when they recognize the...

May 28, 2020
  58. Tarvas liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread EverQuest through the "Ages".

For those that know, I'm a bit of an EQ fan, and I love the history of the game. This didn't make the cut for The EQ Show, but I still...

May 25, 2020
  59. Tarvas replied to the thread Seriously Disappointed.

I wonder how much less the nonsense would be if your signature was automatically populated with the names and servers of all characters...

May 23, 2020
  60. Tarvas liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Seriously Disappointed.

They have done things in the past due to long outages. But they also tend to take some time to make that decision and I am sure they would...

May 21, 2020
  61. Tarvas liked Prepared's post in the thread I vote against server mergers in the near future..

Resources and time. That's why. They're doing the best they can with what they have.

May 20, 2020
  62. Tarvas replied to the thread I vote against server mergers in the near future..

Those polls weren't binding though.

May 20, 2020
  63. Tarvas replied to the thread IS Boxer.

Is it though? An action has to happen in order for a operation to be carried out. The only difference is you are not staring at the...

May 20, 2020
  64. Tarvas replied to the thread IS Boxer.

What automation does it offer? I'm curious.

May 20, 2020
  65. Tarvas liked Jumbur's post in the thread IS Boxer.

It is still based on text in your chat-window. But I assume, it doesn't need to go through the filesystem to parse the text(I think thats...

May 20, 2020
  66. Tarvas liked Jumbur's post in the thread IS Boxer.

Splitting up your audio triggers in different "trigger-sets" solves the lag problem. You never need triggers for all the raids at the...

May 20, 2020
  67. Tarvas liked Tuco's post in the thread IS Boxer.

Agree 100% Besides what you said, the conversation about supporting boxers is a dark road that leads to questions like, "Is this game...

May 19, 2020
  68. Tarvas liked Nadisia's post in the thread IS Boxer.

Honestly, I don't think it would have been very sucessful. First, the main job, and goal, of a gaming company should be to develop...

May 19, 2020
  69. Tarvas replied to the thread IS Boxer.

I often wonder how many paying customers SOE would have kept if they had launched a in-house boxing program like [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] when they launched...

May 19, 2020
  70. Tarvas replied to the thread Achievement request (Heroes Forge).

I'm a plate guy too. This would be nice.

May 15, 2020
  71. Tarvas liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Increase Sales With Two Words.

not really anything. I was late because I spent extra time on the pack in stuff, and perhaps a bit too much time in crystal caverns. My...

May 15, 2020
  72. Tarvas replied to the thread Increase Sales With Two Words.

They all work on the entire game at need from my understanding and he probably has a good understanding of how many man hours any given...

May 15, 2020
  73. Tarvas replied to the thread Increase Sales With Two Words.

Just curious, what would it had meant in terms of a fully fleshed out zone (percentage wise) if the earring quest for TOV hadn't been...

May 15, 2020
  74. Tarvas replied to the thread Increase Sales With Two Words.

I wouldn't.

May 13, 2020
  75. Tarvas liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Aradune Corpse Runs.

Code has done research on this and the amount of code rewinding is NOT insignificant for a mechanic that some people have fond memories of...

May 10, 2020
  76. Tarvas replied to the thread Lets see your UI's..

The only non-default thing I use is the player info. [IMG]

May 9, 2020
  77. Tarvas liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Acct > Acct transfers please!.

It has nothing to do with Vet rewards. That is the excuse rumor. But the fact is that it is a technical and manpower issue. Look back...

May 3, 2020
  78. Tarvas liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Fixed Internally Rog Merc and Runaway Aggro.

We made an intentional large increase in it's damage, 3.5 times what it had at 110, (previous increases were 20 to 50% not 450% ) but it...

May 2, 2020
  79. Tarvas liked Whulfgar's post in the thread your killing me smalls,.

21 years of code built upon on top of older code which is yet built up on top of older code .. If you think its soo easy.. Get get...

May 2, 2020
  80. Tarvas liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread The EverQuest Show - Episode 9 is up!.

Hi everyone! It's here! Episode 9 of The EverQuest Show! And it's a BIG ONE! The top ten EQ expansion list, lots of dev interviews and...

May 2, 2020
  81. Tarvas replied to the thread No Automated/Unintended Game-play......

I believe there are going to be dedicated GMs for the two new servers. Its pretty easy to notice when a script is running on a toon/s...

May 2, 2020
  82. Tarvas liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread EQ Show - Episode 8 is now live! Interview with JChan, EQ2 devs.

Hello everyone! In case you missed it, I posted my interview with JChan, the EQ2 devs and more in the latest episode. [media] There...

Apr 22, 2020
  83. Tarvas replied to the thread Starting off as a Ranger.

Get a tank merc and let it level you to the fifties. Once you hit 60, get headshot and find some level 59 mobs you can snare and kite and...

Apr 19, 2020
  84. Tarvas replied to the thread After today....

Your typical American 18 year old isn't an adult other than by the legal definition. A 18 year old US soldier is no different than...

Apr 19, 2020
  85. Tarvas replied to the thread After today....

The United Kingdom is different than the US in that regard and catches for it when they accidentally deploy 17 year olds to...

Apr 19, 2020
  86. Tarvas replied to the thread Why did you create Overseer with zero player input?.

There are many 115, 40k AA players that have literal years of game time on their /played and still don't have a clue. Worrying about...

Apr 18, 2020
  87. Tarvas liked enclee's post in the thread Why did you create Overseer with zero player input?.

You’re creating a false narrative, Overseer doesn’t award AA experience. The hypothetical “scrub” purchased Krono in exchange for power...

Apr 18, 2020
  88. Tarvas liked Smokezz's post in the thread Gratz RoI.

Allayna posts some incredibly rude things to both Daybreak and the community. He deserves every bit of flack he gets. I don't dislike...

Apr 18, 2020
  89. Tarvas liked Robnie's post in the thread Gratz RoI.

I have a lot of opinions and statements to make too. As the guild leader of RA I don't show my epeen on the boards and make my guild look...

Apr 18, 2020
  90. Tarvas liked Marike's post in the thread Gratz RoI.

How about when it's the guild's leader and/or officers? :confused:

Apr 17, 2020
  91. Tarvas replied to the thread After today....

I'd probably look at it, say that is pretty, and continue to log into EQ. I ran into the same issue with Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind....

Apr 16, 2020
  92. Tarvas replied to the thread Fine No FV TLP! Then simply Free Trade we BEG YOU.

That is pretty much the reputation of every business that has great customer service. I haven't met any customer service...

Apr 13, 2020
  93. Tarvas replied to the thread Arguably 80% of your player base is home..

How many servers of a game have you released?

Apr 11, 2020
  94. Tarvas replied to the thread The Path to 115.

My mood kinda determines what I want to do. I do miss the old days though when it took forever to get from Kelethin to Highpass Hold. I...

Apr 11, 2020
  95. Tarvas liked Triconix's post in the thread The Path to 115.

Have you like...ever played EQ before? Leveling through grinding used to take forever. Grinding for a day an being happy to get a couple...

Apr 11, 2020
  96. Tarvas replied to the thread <WHAT iF> You could run your own EverQuest server.

If you wanted to play in your own personal Idaho could you just run it off your PC?

Apr 9, 2020
  97. Tarvas replied to the thread Autogrant Focus AA (Early ranks/Past expansions).

I don't really have a desire to grind 20k AAs on alts. That just me though. The good news is that TOV is playable without having max AAs or...

Apr 7, 2020