Tappin's Recent Activity

1. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

Thanks to everyone who stayed on topic

Feb 18, 2020 at 8:22 PM
  2. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

Thanks

Feb 18, 2020 at 8:22 PM
  3. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

Thanks.

Feb 18, 2020 at 8:15 PM
  4. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

I am looking for people to share what laptop they are using (have two suggestions so far). I am not looking for anything besides laptops....

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:32 PM
  5. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

The surface pro was just an example and I don’t regularly play eq on it. And without a discrete GPU, my guess is 16 GB may be pushing it....

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:07 PM
  6. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

I can get 3 accounts working on surface pro at 1080p with 8gb of ram. It runs around 70c and the limiting factor seems to be the ram. So...

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:59 AM
  7. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

I spent 3 grand on that Alienware laptop and guess how good their customer service was? I just returned the thing.

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:44 AM
  8. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

There isn’t a correlation between cost and better cooling solution. In fact, the opposite is true. The more money you spend, the higher end...

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:54 PM
  9. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

I have a cooler that I made, nothing commercial is going to out perform it.

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:25 PM
  10. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

A desktop isn’t a laptop.

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:05 PM
  11. Tappin replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?.

I returned an Alienware laptop that that throttled after 2 hours of gameplay with low settings at 1080p (one account on a raid). It was...

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:17 PM
  12. Tappin replied to the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

Ugh, the moment people stop allowing this nonsense to occur is the moment it stops being in the game.

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:02 PM
  13. Tappin posted a new thread.

Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat?

Can anyone recommend a laptop that doesn’t overheat running 4-6 accounts? :p

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:46 PM
  14. Tappin replied to the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

Bad content design is bad content design. Using poorly thought out game mechanics to your advantage is not the player’s problem, it’s the...

Feb 16, 2020 at 11:37 AM
  15. Tappin replied to the thread Kael & npc tanking/dpsing.

My question is how many times are they going allow things like this to occur before they realize that it’s always going to be abused?

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:14 PM
  16. Tappin posted a new thread.

Scheduled Maintenance, WTF?

Did the servers crash? Or did you bring the down 4 days early?

Feb 7, 2020
  17. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Moving to a new expansion shouldn’t fell like going back to kindergarten.

Feb 4, 2020
  18. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

GMM is essentially part of TBL, but history has shown that releasing anniversary content requiring current expansion didn’t sit well with...

Feb 4, 2020
  19. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Devs want you in the new expansion, not the old. It follows that old content cannot be a transition to new content after launch.

Feb 4, 2020
  20. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

GMM is part of TBL, and therefore cannot be a transitional zone for ToV. It’s old content, not new.

Feb 4, 2020
  21. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

I do not care about slow experience, so long as you don't receive large doses on HAs/Quest/Task. For all those people complaining about...

Feb 3, 2020
  22. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

What otherwise would be a great expansion, was ultimately ruined by this experience system.

Feb 2, 2020
  23. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Compared to previous installments, the amount of experience give upon first completion of missions, is by definition an outlier and...

Feb 2, 2020
  24. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Do you honestly believe what you are saying?

Feb 2, 2020
  25. Tappin replied to the thread Game crashing - Can't get passed character select.

The main chat channel must be first tab to left (or you will crash). You can adjust ini for it. This was supposed be fixed.

Jan 30, 2020
  26. Tappin replied to the thread Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game..

Not worth the effort - people tend to pick the same thing, so one raid size will be popular and the others will not be utilized. You’ll...

Jan 30, 2020
  27. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The original he ll levels were fixed prior SoL. I want to say around end of RoK. And noticed I said era. It’s was the bug fix I was...

Jan 28, 2020
  28. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

I’m sure lots will end up filling their time slot up with something else if this continues.

Jan 28, 2020
  29. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The experience realignment had nothing to do with cons. It was a h ll level corrections and was never undone.

Jan 28, 2020
  30. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The first class to 50 on my sever was wizard who did primarily solo in a whole three days.

Jan 28, 2020
  31. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Thanks for highlighting that large experience boost on progression is an outlier.

Jan 28, 2020
  32. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

There was a experience realignment during Kunark and PoP eras. The only thing that has consistent throughout EQ’s life (until now) is...

Jan 28, 2020
  33. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Most of my time was spent in ToV, because I needed the drops to make crafted. Spending too much time in old expansions is counterproductive.

Jan 27, 2020
  34. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Just ignore his post. He’s swarming 4+ mobs a pull, probably 6-12 mobs at a time. It’s not practical for someone who is not raid...

Jan 27, 2020
  35. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Either lesson gives out 3 x experience multiplier, or you were killing mobs in less than 15 seconds. What one is it?

Jan 27, 2020
  36. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

But what he has said has been collaborated by others, not including me. Is it possible to grind out the levels? Sure it is. But that...

Jan 26, 2020
  37. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

114, would take roughly around 48 hours to complete killing TBL mobs in around 15 seconds per mob. That does not count a lesson. So...

Jan 26, 2020
  38. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Comparatively speaking, you cannot judge an expansion’s size based on the amount of grind, but rather the amount of content (zones,...

Jan 26, 2020
  39. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Because one group of players shouldn't enjoy a free ride while others have to endure a slow boring grind.

Jan 26, 2020
  40. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Go reference the shaman thread. I do not link items or post logs anymore. Also, grind has nothing to do with expansion size....

Jan 26, 2020
  41. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

As I stated before, I am not asking for changes to be made. But since you want it spelled out for you. If the devs want the levels to...

Jan 26, 2020
  42. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Correction should be did not give preferential treatment to one class of players

Jan 26, 2020
  43. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Laugh all you want, but it does not change the fact that this expansion is samll. Even if the progression did not give any experience...

Jan 26, 2020
  44. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Oh and the experience rate would be fine if they did give preferential treatment to one class of players.

Jan 26, 2020
  45. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

So it's the players fault there isn't enough content?

Jan 26, 2020
  46. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

A wager it’s a lot more than a few complains at this time.

Jan 26, 2020
  47. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Experience should be rearward primarily by killing mobs. No thank you to hot zones.

Jan 26, 2020
  48. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The primary source of experience has ALWAYS been from killing mobs. Anyone trying to claim that isn’t the case isn’t telling the truth.

Jan 25, 2020
  49. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

If someone has a nonsense experience, or says something like "well I can do it, so can you," I will probably refute that, but I am not...

Jan 25, 2020
  50. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Those who simple want to raid and do nothing else are the ones advocating for this change.

Jan 25, 2020
  51. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The system seems to rewards those who like to raid and and want to take the shortest path to... log on to raid, log off.

Jan 25, 2020
  52. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Would you mind speaking for yourself and not others? People don’t particularly like it when you put words in their mouth.

Jan 23, 2020
  53. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Too many personal attacks, someone needs to give up, I did.

Jan 22, 2020
  54. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Can someone clean this thread up? It’s pointless.

Jan 22, 2020
  55. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

DBG monetizes the current expansion not the old ones. In order to have the opportunity for recurring user spending (triple A buzz word)...

Jan 22, 2020
  56. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

No, that’s not me.

Jan 22, 2020
  57. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

CL, check out the boost the rogue mercs got. Your theory about boxing is partially correct.

Jan 22, 2020
  58. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Exp belongs on the mob and given upon it’s death, not a task.

Jan 22, 2020
  59. Tappin replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

And you were not expecting as much?

Jan 20, 2020
  60. Tappin replied to the thread Torment of Velious. Whats your favorite part ?.

Updated models are nice, especially Avitar of War.

Jan 14, 2020
  61. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

1. Most zones have a finite amount of mobs that you can pull to any given camp before it's just a waste of time to try to get more. The...

Jan 14, 2020
  62. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

You can't make content designed for groupers impossible, because a raider might steam roll it. The formula doesn't hold true - you...

Jan 13, 2020
  63. Tappin replied to the thread Evader's Invisibility.

I still think everyone should get 1 tic duration SoS + whatever class abilities. Most timers are on a long duration, so they should work....

Jan 12, 2020
  64. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

All I see is box groups steam rolling the content by themselves. I see a bunch of lfg people in general chat.

Jan 11, 2020
  65. Tappin replied to the thread Pet pulling bug.

The air pets stun landing maybe?

Jan 11, 2020
  66. Tappin replied to the thread Evader's Invisibility.

When they updated the fade AA lines, the issue with proximity was supposed to be removed. I think this should be looked into. Maybe a...

Jan 11, 2020
  67. Tappin replied to the thread Enchanters: are you seeing high Deceive resists?.

Probably need to wait until 115, and check your AA lines.

Jan 11, 2020
  68. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

I am not tortured by the design at all. However it's overall bad content design.

Jan 11, 2020
  69. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

There is a difference between moving experience from the mob to a completition of task. The previous statement is exactly what I do not...

Jan 11, 2020
  70. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Again, taking something I said out of context. My original post was motivated by preventing another Gribbles. However if it was a...

Jan 11, 2020
  71. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

GMM was going to be nerfed whether or not I made that post. I justed to wanted to prevent another gribbles is all. My post had...

Jan 10, 2020
  72. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Collections are not my cup of tea. And stop the GMM nonsense. There have been two nerfs (indirect and direct) tied to GMM since the...

Jan 10, 2020
  73. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

You cannot expect people to go out grind experience at an abysmal rate, when they can hold out for 1 mission and get 5 times that...

Jan 9, 2020
  74. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Lot's of group/casual players sub at least a main, an box a f2p alt or two. When groups for missions do not exist, or there is no...

Jan 9, 2020
  75. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Most people are blowing through the missions with box groups. Seen someone box the Kael mission in less than 10 minutes.

Jan 9, 2020
  76. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

The experience needs to be spread out over more progression tasks. They would have needed to create more task, but doing this would have...

Jan 9, 2020
  77. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Again, it's not what people are looking to do . They look to complete small task (kill a mob get some experience), and get a tangable...

Jan 9, 2020
  78. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Wrong answer. People expect to be rewarded for killing stuff. Not a couple nights down he road after they completed some boring...

Jan 9, 2020
  79. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

What is the point of going out moloing? Kill a dozen mobs and see no real difference in experience. The OP is doing exactly what DBG...

Jan 9, 2020
  80. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

A trick is not physiological manipulative.

Jan 9, 2020
  81. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

Why can't the experience be on the mob?

Jan 9, 2020
  82. Tappin replied to the thread TOV XP.

They're trying to force people into completing progression, by punishing them for killing mobs. It bad game design.

Jan 8, 2020
  83. Tappin replied to the thread Test Update 01/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

lulz

Jan 8, 2020
  84. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

There you go.

Jan 7, 2020
  85. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

I am not asking for a nerf nor am I requesting anything. It clearly states that if changes were to be made this is what I would...

Jan 7, 2020
  86. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Before you write a post, maybe you should validate your information first. Your assumption is erroneous. The nerf to GMM actually...

Jan 7, 2020
  87. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

There are lots of things to do in EverQuest beside current progression task and not everyone has the ability to complete the tasks (or...

Jan 7, 2020
  88. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

GMM is an modern example of HA with mobs easier than mobs outside of the with the same or greater amounts of exp. Ok if you don't...

Jan 7, 2020
  89. Tappin replied to the thread Tips/Strategy's -- Icebound Avatar - (Kael Drakkel Mission).

I think the easiest route is to use 1 real cleric and shaman if available. If no shaman available, I would use a cleric merc. Phase 1 -...

Jan 7, 2020
  90. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

The trash mobs in EW can be done with less gear the t1 ToV. In fact, been with some friends in EoK gear. Sure, you can't tank the...

Jan 7, 2020
  91. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

The point of an instance is to reduce number players in a given task (and potentially reduce load). It's not to make something harder or...

Jan 7, 2020
  92. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

No, the 2.5%-5.0% is a bonus for first time completition of a task. The mobs (if in a HA) should be the same difficulty and give same...

Jan 7, 2020
  93. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

The exp is fine where it is now (slow) as long as they move the large experience bonuses from completion of progression task....

Jan 7, 2020
  94. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

If I don't need the levels, gear, spells, AAs, then what is the point of the expansion? You can beat expansion in one day if that is the...

Jan 6, 2020
  95. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Why bother, when you just did for me.

Jan 6, 2020
  96. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

It's not realistic for casual/group player to grind out roughly about 20 hours per level. The pattern of leveling over the years...

Jan 6, 2020
  97. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

It does not matter if I molo, box, or do a real group (for reference the experience was calculated off full group). Based on a 15...

Jan 6, 2020
  98. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Yes, its underutilized compared to killing things for experience and loot. If not, then why are we here? And just because I don't...

Jan 6, 2020
  99. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Spells and abilities. Having to beat the expansion to regain the same play style as before seems silly.

Jan 6, 2020
  100. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

There are different amounts of experience given depending on mob level. Since I do not know how dense the light blue population is I...

Jan 6, 2020
  101. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Riou if you did not read this post from another thread: Incentives are typically not outliers. An outlier is an indication of a problem...

Jan 6, 2020
  102. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

It took me 24 hrs to get from 112 to 113 in ST (non stop grind), and about 30 hrs in total to get 114. Experience at 114 was...

Jan 6, 2020
  103. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

I guess I lied... there are two choice to make, do the progression, or quit all together.

Jan 6, 2020
  104. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

It's not an incentive, it's either you progression achievements or level to 115 sometime after the next expansion drops. There is only...

Jan 6, 2020
  105. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

There is no justification for placing all the experience in the must under utilize segment of the game. And I am not interested in...

Jan 6, 2020
  106. Tappin replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Can we stop with the excuses? This was an intentional and blatant attempt by the devs to force people to do progression.

Jan 6, 2020
  107. Tappin replied to the thread TOV Exp design killing sales of Bottles of Adventure.

I made an ID10t error. Sorry. Still think we do not need another thread.

Jan 5, 2020
  108. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

My only agenda is to have a bit of fun and relax. I log in, try to find a group, if I cant, I go molo. Since molo is no longer worth it, I...

Jan 5, 2020
  109. Tappin replied to the thread TOV Exp design killing sales of Bottles of Adventure.

Honestly, we do not need 10 threads with the same topic. And who cares about a third party site anyways.

Jan 5, 2020
  110. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

Anyone can get throught he content with a push... but you need to find people willing to push. Good luck on getting all your alts a...

Jan 5, 2020
  111. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

Sounds great! No progression, but I cannot level in a reasonable rate with completing progression achievments.. It's also nice that...

Jan 5, 2020
  112. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

Cicelee, The current problem is the game design (it’s just bad). Experience should be distributed properly across all aspects of the game...

Jan 5, 2020
  113. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

You are missing the point. If a carrot does not get eaten, it will eventually rot away. If you want to support carrots, then your welcome...

Jan 5, 2020
  114. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

You said it didn't encourage people to group up and do missions. I just said it did, for me. Do you think I just go box everything...

Jan 5, 2020
  115. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

The majority of the missions are going to difficult for a group of casuals not being pushed. Take the GD mission for example. Go and...

Jan 4, 2020
  116. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

if another expansion drops next year, the changes made will prove me correct.

Jan 4, 2020
  117. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

Says the raid geared raider...

Jan 3, 2020
  118. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

"Should," but won't. A large portion of content is out the reach of groupers. So it just rewards people for doing something they...

Jan 3, 2020
  119. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

Slow is fine, as long as there is enough content to warrant the grind. I don't think the exp rate per mobs in ToV is all that bad,...

Jan 1, 2020
  120. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

Do you play this game or not? From someone who plays this game you have no clue on what goes in EQ. The majority of groupers don't...

Jan 1, 2020
  121. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

For about ~20 years the primary way to get experience was by killing mobs. This expansion ties experience to completion of...

Jan 1, 2020
  122. Tappin replied to the thread exp this expac.

As I said before, and I will say it again. It's bad game design to place the majority of exp on competition of progression tasks/instances....

Dec 31, 2019
  123. Tappin replied to the thread Merc DPS Balance Issues.

Can't blame me for what is comming next...

Dec 30, 2019
  124. Tappin replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

For those done with TBL, yes. But many are still raiding and low attendance for many. It's to early to determine anything. Wait until...

Dec 29, 2019
  125. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

The only level that I spent more than week getting through (since 1999 and besides ToV) is 59. Slow exp is not the problem, it's the...

Dec 29, 2019
  126. Tappin replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

Many raid guilds are taking an extended hiatus from raids because of low attendance. Raiding names is normal during rare spawn events. You...

Dec 29, 2019
  127. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Forced progression in order to level has never been apart of EQ until ToV. Those achievements are not one offs, They are carrots....

Dec 29, 2019
  128. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

The majority of groupers did not repeat of any of these quest for exp. I myself received a ban for repeating Bone Chips (Kaladim)....

Dec 28, 2019
  129. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

I was not calling for nerf either. One was on the way, and I did not another Gribbles.

Dec 28, 2019
  130. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Can we take a trip in time? What quest gave more exp than mobs and the majority of players repeated for exp and what expansion was...

Dec 28, 2019
  131. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Excuse me, why should I spent 35 USD on an expansion I have no access to (tbl)? EQ has always been about killing stuff for experience...

Dec 28, 2019
  132. Tappin replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

Someone necro'd that thread. However, that is ok since I got say I told you so. There have been two nerfs (one not direct) to GMM...

Dec 28, 2019
  133. Tappin replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

My cleric is 10% away from 113 and he primarly just box and molo. There has been a few groups, but no tov progression.

Dec 28, 2019
  134. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

This assertion implies that the vast majority of groupers don't bother with progression.

Dec 27, 2019
  135. Tappin replied to the thread GMM – Let’s get this over with..

They have nerfed GMM both directly and indirectly since the the original nerf - this proves my original assertion correct.

Dec 27, 2019
  136. Tappin replied to the thread I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?.

Not true - many are not 115 and have at least 1 full set of gear and in some cases muiltiple sets of gear. progression shouldn't be...

Dec 25, 2019
  137. Tappin replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

Do you honestly think people purchased a new expansion to remain in 2 year old content? I don't think I need to answer that question....

Dec 24, 2019
  138. Tappin replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

The missions are not as hard as TBL, but certainly not 2-3 box material for someone who has a mixture of TBL and RoS gear.

Dec 23, 2019
  139. Tappin replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

I just fund a good spot in tbl. The EXP isn't as good as ToV, but at least I don't have to run missions. I think a lot boxers will...

Dec 23, 2019
  140. Tappin replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

There isn't enough usable content to warrant the grind. The grind would be acceptable if there more things worth doing.

Dec 23, 2019
  141. Tappin replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

I doubt many human players have endless supply of free time. EQ is not a modern MMO, and the player base does not want it to be....

Dec 23, 2019
  142. Tappin replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

Time does not matter as much to someone who is perma afk. If anything, they'll profit from it. I don't care for this expansion at...

Dec 22, 2019
  143. Tappin replied to the thread So let me make sure I got this all straight.

Must be your server or time played. There were 5 picks on mine.

Dec 21, 2019
  144. Tappin replied to the thread So let me make sure I got this all straight.

Putting EXP on on anything besides mob kills, is by far the worse change to Everquest. Putting EXP on completition of tasks or...

Dec 21, 2019
  145. Tappin replied to the thread Seemingly excessive nerfing of Sathir's Tomb XP.

No thank you. EverQuest has always been about pulling stuff, killing stuff, and looting stuff. I am not about to grind instances....

Dec 19, 2019
  146. Tappin replied to the thread I'm gonna grind to 115 in GMM.

111 is more like 1000 - your numbers are a bit exaggerated. I lived through 59 back during Kunark, This is no where as bad.

Dec 18, 2019
  147. Tappin replied to the thread I'm gonna grind to 115 in GMM.

Do you play any EQ? I am shocked on how far out of touch you are with your player base. If I wanted to be forced grind instances I’d...

Dec 18, 2019
  148. Tappin replied to the thread TBL Chase loot < ToV group gear.

Who carse if it does or not? It makes no difference in the group game (and raids). So unless they change the modifier, this thread doesn't...

Dec 13, 2019
  149. Tappin replied to the thread TBL Chase loot < ToV group gear.

Who cares about luck anyways? It does not make any difference in the group game. Just let the elites waste their time.

Dec 13, 2019
  150. Tappin replied to the thread Tank mercs.

Merc tanks are nothing more than a speed bump. Useless almost 100% of time.

Dec 11, 2019
  151. Tappin replied to the thread Unable to log in.

Same issue with Tunare

Dec 5, 2019
  152. Tappin replied to the thread Add a new tier of heroic char on live.

There is some article out there that suggest that another HC is in the works. My guess is the HC will either be 105 with TBM AAs or EoK AAs...

Dec 2, 2019
  153. Tappin replied to the thread DPS class options for live server.

TBL and ToV are designed for groups. It's going to be difficult to molo the content efficiently. I would suggest boxing with a mage/bst and...

Dec 1, 2019
  154. Tappin replied to the thread Xp ratios?.

I thought they did away with class/race exp penalties. But difference is going to amount to much unless play the whole day.

Nov 27, 2019
  155. Tappin replied to the thread new expansion.

The only reason to use gear that is not f2p is for progression. Since we are not doing any, we can farm levels, then sub a week...

Nov 25, 2019
  156. Tappin replied to the thread new expansion.

Levels can be done f2p and isn't going to take a month for raiders. Alll the essentiall AAs can be done in week, 2 at most. There are...

Nov 24, 2019
  157. Tappin replied to the thread new expansion.

There behind schedule - My guess is something had to be cut to make release for this year. With all the PTO scheduled for the holidays,...

Nov 24, 2019
  158. Tappin replied to the thread new expansion.

Since there isn't any group progression tied to raids, there is 0% reason for a true raider to care about the group content. It's not...

Nov 24, 2019
  159. Tappin replied to the thread new expansion.

It's ok to buy it... but no reason for many to sub prior to raids.

Nov 24, 2019
  160. Tappin replied to the thread Shadow Knight agro after 19th patch.

This is more than likely the problem. I had to fix my hotkeys and everything was all good.

Nov 23, 2019
  161. Tappin replied to the thread Vanguard Saga of Heros.

APW was one of my favorite raid zones. If VSoH was still around (not emulated), I would be playing it, not this game.

Nov 23, 2019
  162. Tappin replied to the thread Paying Tribute to Brad McQuaid.

Thanks for EverQuest and Vanguard. I hope your vision lives on.

Nov 21, 2019
  163. Tappin replied to the thread Here we go again….

It is a legitimate complaint. Nerfing old content because there is knew content is bad game design. There are plenty of examples of...

Nov 21, 2019
  164. Tappin replied to the thread Here we go again….

My original post is a valid one - never claimed anything outside bad content desgin. It's one that has repeated itself over the...

Nov 21, 2019
  165. Tappin replied to the thread Here we go again….

I received about 1/3 the exp yesterday for the same amout time and mobs killed from previous day in winds. Either there's a bug, or exp was...

Nov 21, 2019
  166. Tappin replied to the thread Here we go again….

I hunt in winds and have the lamp on multiple toons. It's common sense that if you want people to purchase the new expansion, then...

Nov 20, 2019
  167. Tappin posted a new thread.

Here we go again…

So you probably have already guess what my complaint is about, but… You cannot engage your customers in new content simply by nerfing the...

Nov 20, 2019
  168. Tappin replied to the thread Anyone have ridiculous lag on fire raids?.

I keep all my spawm windows together as tabs. Then I minimize them to clear up some space. To fix my lag I detached the spam windows (so...

Nov 18, 2019
  169. Tappin replied to the thread Anyone have ridiculous lag on fire raids?.

I put all my spam in chat tabs in one window and the non-spam in a window. I have them minimized for screen space. I move split them apart...

Nov 16, 2019
  170. Tappin replied to the thread Anyone have ridiculous lag on fire raids?.

I have supported all the changes to the chat windows, but if this ends up being the case, I will retract everything I have said. Sigh.

Nov 15, 2019
  171. Tappin replied to the thread Anyone have ridiculous lag on fire raids?.

I play both on a wired connection and Wi-Fi. Does not matter what one, the result is the same. I have my graphics on low settings with...

Nov 15, 2019
  172. Tappin posted a new thread.

Anyone have ridiculous lag on fire raids?

My ping is normally around 50 to 100 MS on raids, but spikes up to about 900 MS on the fire raid. This normally happens around the table...

Nov 15, 2019
  173. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

You have not justified how one spell is the reason why a shaman was on top of the parse in this thread.

Nov 9, 2019
  174. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

What is point of "no 3rd party programs."? It doesn't need to be there. And I never once seen someone spam in general chat "TBL...

Nov 9, 2019
  175. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

The role of cleric is different that shaman on raids (most cases). A shaman's role typically a group of melee DPS. I am not suprised...

Nov 7, 2019
  176. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

over heals does not count - players do not have imaginary hps).

Nov 7, 2019
  177. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

The proof is in the pudding - shamans are perfectly capable of topping the charts, even without squall (and are currently doing so). I am...

Nov 6, 2019
  178. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

In terms of actual heals, it makes perfect sense in some raid scenarios that a shaman can out heal clerics overall without using rain...

Nov 6, 2019
  179. Tappin replied to the thread Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?.

The OP has a point. My shaman typically tops the charts even without the rains.

Nov 6, 2019
  180. Tappin replied to the thread With Miragul and discussions of a heroic boxing server. Mergers?.

My guess it will suck the life from live servers. With the level cappped, there will be groups...

Oct 26, 2019
  181. Tappin replied to the thread How often do you log on, not find a group, and then log off?.

More people willing to do content that no one needs or tell how you can do content no one needs... The content that is needed all you get...

Oct 26, 2019
  182. Tappin replied to the thread How often do you log on, not find a group, and then log off?.

Ugh... Tunare is dead for groups. There is a lot of people who say they will do group content, and are willing to do some content, but non...

Oct 26, 2019
  183. Tappin replied to the thread Rogue Poisons.

Do you have numbers to back this up? I am going to disagree here. I understand that the items needed to make these poisons are rare,...

Oct 24, 2019
  184. Tappin replied to the thread Rogue Poisons.

Vallons/Tallons for raids.

Oct 22, 2019
  185. Tappin replied to the thread Torment of Velious Raids.

Who cares about the AA? be done in a week and not going to be needed for the first raid.

Oct 22, 2019
  186. Tappin replied to the thread Torment of Velious Raids.

Great news everyone! We can now go f2p until January. Just plow through the 5 levels in the first week and go afk for the holidays.

Oct 22, 2019
  187. Tappin posted a new thread.

Mercs

Would it be that hard update mercs (specifically healer) so that we can toggle on/off spells? I think it is silly that we have block...

Oct 20, 2019
  188. Tappin replied to the thread It is now better to pull naked with mana regen gear for 9 expansions as a bard.

It’s obvious at this point that people developing this game don’t play it. A flat percentage only encourages bad behavior. Also, who came...

Oct 17, 2019
  189. Tappin replied to the thread SPAM filter...it's broken - Let's fix this!.

Shadow Bans. If you have any macro's that send a tell to a toon when the macro is done, you will almost always end up shadow banned. Spend...

Oct 16, 2019
  190. Tappin replied to the thread Playing a Cleric in 2019? Thoughts Anyone?.

Why bother with a healer at all? Just roll another BST. Your going to get boggled down trying to heal and end the result is less overall...

Oct 10, 2019
  191. Tappin replied to the thread Fix spellbar lockout bug (or give / command to unlock).

Happens all the time after invulnerability disc/spells wear off. If you’re a healer on raid, good luck if this happens. I agree, if they...

Oct 6, 2019
  192. Tappin replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Nobody really wants the devs to nerf the bazaar. And I’m perfectly fine with people using third party programs, so long as they don’t...

Oct 3, 2019
  193. Tappin replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Requiring offline trading and potentially a lock out timer would provide a less intrusive solution then craptcha. The day they put...

Oct 2, 2019
  194. Tappin replied to the thread Fade/Escape Abilities - Let's get this over with.

Let's nerf an archtype just because one class has an ability that is OP. We went down to this raod before and the result wasn't good....

Oct 1, 2019
  195. Tappin replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

If there’s such an easy cheap solution to bot software, then does it run rampant in almost every modern “live service” that’s worth...

Oct 1, 2019
  196. Tappin replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

It's the best solution there is. Everything else can be circumvented with a few extra lines of code.

Oct 1, 2019
  197. Tappin replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

It is dead. It's filled with bots and people trying to corner a piece of the market. I really only use it off load junk at a...

Sep 29, 2019
  198. Tappin replied to the thread Hardware.

Make sure to get proper cooling if you’re going with a box army (a decent air cooler). I would spend a few extra dollars on a GPU with...

Sep 29, 2019
  199. Tappin replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

The Bazaar is dead, and has been for ages. My suggestion is to sell your big ticket items in General chat and sell other items in packages.

Sep 29, 2019
  200. Tappin replied to the thread Riposte Change.

Maybe they are trying to prevent mass killings (see bard nerf)? If that’s the case we can just go an expansion back or so and reproduce...

Sep 29, 2019