Shanarias's Recent Activity

1. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Returning with new friends!!.

I agree as long as you are all willing to subscribe and pay your monthly fee try a TLP server. If you want to go free to play try us on...

Oct 7, 2019
  2. Shanarias liked Smokezz's post in the thread PoK Big Bank is a better AFK/MGB location than Guild Lobby. Prove me wrong..

Start casting mgb buffs where you want people to move... they might just move there for you.

Sep 23, 2019
  3. Shanarias replied to the thread Understanding the Everquest playerbase.

I'll bite here. I am a casual player, and am not very interested in getting higher than about level 75-85. I have fun when I play, and...

Sep 13, 2019
  4. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Good video for returning players.

This video is very good for players returning to the game from several years ago as it goes over the various features added to the game...

Sep 5, 2019
  5. Shanarias replied to the thread Test Server Stability.

I know that lag was VERY bad for a while last night, then it seemed to clear up. I actually seem less bugged there than on Live, sometimes....

Aug 19, 2019
  6. Shanarias liked Fala's post in the thread Brekt Server with "free trade rules".

I recently joined the Brekt server with 2 toons (looking to add a third). I've been on Bristlebane which is where my main resides and had...

Aug 16, 2019
  7. Shanarias has a new avatar.

Aug 14, 2019
  8. Shanarias replied to the thread Two populations playing the same game.

THIS is what I have been watching for an hour or so of watching/reading this thread. 2+8=10. So does 6+4, etc. My own experience way back...

Aug 14, 2019
  9. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Two populations playing the same game.

It's ok I think you are really sincere in being sorry. Don't let it get you down at all. I just appreciate the open raids you guys do...

Aug 14, 2019
  10. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Two populations playing the same game.

Probably right regarding the least effort part. I would do gribbles when I wanted to just relax. There probably is a place for...

Aug 14, 2019
  11. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Two populations playing the same game.

And that is where there was no US and THEM. There was simply the discussion of two main groups in the game and the difficulty in...

Aug 14, 2019
  12. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Two populations playing the same game.

Its sort of funny please point out where in the post I actually complain about raiders. I describe the competitive game. I don't...

Aug 14, 2019
  13. Shanarias liked Aurastrider's post in the thread Two populations playing the same game.

Personally I could live without stats as a casual. Obviously I have to chase them to stay upright but I don't play so I can compete...

Aug 14, 2019
  14. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Possible Returning Player - Is There a Newbie Zone besides Crescent Reach?.

There are definitely a ton of options for starting zones as all the old ones are still around. At one point the purpose of Crescent Reach...

Aug 14, 2019
  15. Shanarias replied to the thread Merc tier vs. experience.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that Merc AAs just stay on whichever merc you hire. It seems to me that that is how I have seen it so...

Jul 20, 2019
  16. Shanarias replied to the thread Possible Returning Player - Is There a Newbie Zone besides Crescent Reach?.

Pretty easy to just run to the PoK book outside of the CR boundary, and go to any beginner zone.

Jul 20, 2019
  17. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread No camps in EQ.

Yeah my favorite analogy for TLP servers are gold rush camps. Greed turns people nasty. And on TLP Daybreak is the old sheriff who...

Jun 13, 2019
  18. Shanarias replied to the thread Everquest article on ArsTechnica.

On the whole, it seemed to convey why we are either still playing, or back to playing this game. For me, it is part game, part community,...

Jun 6, 2019
  19. Shanarias liked Andarriel's post in the thread Rare enemy Memorial day weekend bonus.

Back in the day used to kill in roost a lot was even there on my ranger doing achievement sight for sore eyes (conquest) 5000/5000. Island...

May 31, 2019
  20. Shanarias liked Allayna's post in the thread Pound for Pound.

54 mages wearing the elite OP tank belts...

May 31, 2019
  21. Shanarias replied to the thread Rare enemy Memorial day weekend bonus.

I obviously work lower level content than most of you, but last weekend in Blackfeather Roost, the "rare" Hungry Mountain Bear was one of...

May 30, 2019
  22. Shanarias liked Nennius's post in the thread Played this game a long time and i have never seen anything like what i experienced in gorukar.

Your Sarcasm awareness skill has decreased. (1)

May 28, 2019
  23. Shanarias replied to the thread The experience group dilema.

I have been reading this thread and am now "glowering at it dubiously", so to speak. I was gone from this game, for "real world" reasons...

May 28, 2019
  24. Shanarias liked Moege's post in the thread The experience group dilema.

So you make a claim and now stating as fact that EQ was made only for grouping player backed up by you own words ... Yeah no, /ignore.

May 28, 2019
  25. Shanarias liked Tour's post in the thread Cleric qol request.

Hey man, I don't have a heal for you right now. I'm a little short. You know, hard times. But I can give you this IOU for a heal. It's just...

May 27, 2019
  26. Shanarias liked Warpeace's post in the thread The experience group dilema.

So, having problems getting a group huh? Not seeing anything here to actually help a person find a group. All I'm seeing is how mercs or...

May 27, 2019
  27. Shanarias liked Conq's post in the thread Summon Agent.

Do you have "Click Through Pets" toggled off?

May 27, 2019
  28. Shanarias replied to the thread Summon Agent.

It was the click thru pet thing. Thanks all.

May 27, 2019
  29. Shanarias replied to the thread Summon Agent.

I will give that a shot!

May 26, 2019
  30. Shanarias posted a new thread.

Summon Agent

I got this Summon Agent ability as a Veteran Reward, but whenever I do, I cant get it to open the interface. There are times that this...

Forum: The Newbie Zone

May 25, 2019
  31. Shanarias liked Flatchy's post in the thread Your Capcha program sucks hind side..

Its just DGB's way of keeping some of you out heh heh.

May 24, 2019
  32. Shanarias replied to the thread Your Capcha program sucks hind side..

OK, I am using a 2GB Display Adapter, a 32 inch HD Display, and some of the images on Capcha are so grainy and blurry that I cannot see...

May 23, 2019
  33. Shanarias replied to the thread I am new player, I share my secrets and tips with other new player..

My experience is that MOST buyers in Barter give way better pp than vendors, but there ARE exceptions. The exceptions can go farm their own...

May 22, 2019
  34. Shanarias liked Marlenswift's post in the thread I am new player, I share my secrets and tips with other new player..

As a returning player from years ago, I'm discovering there are people in the /barter system trying to buy your item drops for less then...

May 22, 2019
  35. Shanarias liked EastSideWestSide's post in the thread Agnarr returning player questions.

Thank you, lol I had almost added the question "Should I ask this on the TLP forums instead" so I appreciate getting that answered :)

May 22, 2019
  36. Shanarias replied to the thread Agnarr returning player questions.

Best advice would be (no offense intended here) to go to the TLP forum and ask them. I haven't played enough TLP to be any kind of...

May 21, 2019
  37. Shanarias liked Kunshada's post in the thread I am new player, I share my secrets and tips with other new player..

This guy gets it lol. /barter can make you a lot of money especially if you auto loot all trade skill stuff

May 18, 2019
  38. Shanarias liked Nennius's post in the thread New at Boxing.

Congrats on the Anniversary.

May 18, 2019
  39. Shanarias replied to the thread New at Boxing.

I have 32 inches of desktop now. :D I will have to wait until Sunday to try it though, as tomorrow is my 34th wedding anniversary, and I...

May 17, 2019
  40. Shanarias liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread Congratulations DBG!.

See you when you return!

May 17, 2019
  41. Shanarias liked Kunshada's post in the thread Name for Dark Elf Necromancer.

Wouldn’t the random name generator during character creation give you a ethnically correct name?

May 16, 2019
  42. Shanarias liked Sagarmatha's post in the thread I am new player, I share my secrets and tips with other new player..

Number one tip for new players: ALWAYS check /barter before selling to a vendor, especially if you don't plan on selling items in the...

May 16, 2019
  43. Shanarias liked Aurastrider's post in the thread Server merge is not needed.

That might be true for some but I can tell you I am no where near 60 and I supplement my income via a second job that pays more in an...

May 14, 2019
  44. Shanarias liked BadPallyGuildLeader's post in the thread Server merge is not needed.

I understand his argument in regards to killing quests npcs or what not as a way to clockblock stuff, but maybe the reason they choose...

May 14, 2019
  45. Shanarias replied to the thread New at Boxing.

Update: I have leveled up far enough to group with my 24 Berserker in Blightfire, and we are just killing treants, and both of us are...

May 14, 2019
  46. Shanarias liked Sancus's post in the thread Server merge is not needed.

[IMG]

May 13, 2019
  47. Shanarias liked NameAlreadyInUse's post in the thread Server merge is not needed.

Or we could just base the decision on your subjective estimation of what the majority wants. That seems fair, eh? Do you have a better...

May 13, 2019
  48. Shanarias liked Fluid's post in the thread New at Boxing.

FWIW: I've found the best by far for me boxing set up is one computer with two monitors. Windows has a feature where you can run an...

May 12, 2019
  49. Shanarias replied to the thread New at Boxing.

I need to get a bigger monitor first. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

May 12, 2019
  50. Shanarias replied to the thread New at Boxing.

THANKS! I immediately pasted that to a document and printed it. That should prove to be invaluable.

May 12, 2019
  51. Shanarias replied to the thread New at Boxing.

I may be missing something here, but there are seven levels between 14 and 21.

May 12, 2019
  52. Shanarias posted a new thread.

New at Boxing

So I finally started a F2P account with my secondary email address, and started a Druid on Xegony. I am doing it with one computer, and...

Forum: The Newbie Zone

May 12, 2019
  53. Shanarias liked Gidono's post in the thread Community Petition: Bring Back Monkly Business.

I would be more than happy to host this site or set up a free host for them for a year if the owner of the site wants to contact me. I hate...

May 11, 2019
  54. Shanarias liked Tatanka's post in the thread [TLP Coirnav] Druid guidance.

Hey, hey, hey, this is a family-friendly site!!! ;)

May 10, 2019
  55. Shanarias liked Mintalie's post in the thread Cazic Thul is requesting a server merge.

It is possible to find a solid guild without drama. I've been in those with exceptional drama and in those without, and it always comes...

May 9, 2019
  56. Shanarias liked Natal's post in the thread Just going to say it, you are killing the game..

It is killing mid tier guilds, that is what the OP is talking about. He isn't asking for everything to be easier, just that there...

May 9, 2019
  57. Shanarias liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Cazic Thul is requesting a server merge.

To be fair, if you don't want to raid you can just, like, not raid. Like, you literally don't ever have to raid if you don't want...

May 7, 2019
  58. Shanarias liked Maedhros's post in the thread Cazic Thul is requesting a server merge.

Cazic is by no means a low population server and we have very robust raiding here. We have two top 10 guilds and 3 or 4 alliance or open...

May 7, 2019
  59. Shanarias replied to the thread can we please fix the mystery lag.

I have MANY characters on MANY servers. This problem began on that ONE server (Xegony) with that ONE character (Foreldarx) IMMEDIATELY upon...

May 5, 2019
  60. Shanarias replied to the thread Charm + Gate needs to go away.

FL!P posted: This. I am currently subscribed to this game. I have dealt with my share of griefers, and there isn't much to be done...

May 5, 2019
  61. Shanarias liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Never Played EQ: Good tutorial wanted.

That link requires you to subscribe which I would advise against. There is too much info free. It sounds like you did get into the...

May 5, 2019
  62. Shanarias liked RedFalcon's post in the thread Everquest Platinum Connection Error..........

Just grab the latest installer from the website or Steam if possible. The old patcher may rely on Sony domains that no longer exist.

May 5, 2019
  63. Shanarias liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Yet another returning thread(sorry).

I would caveat that joining a group or raid when you don't have a clue is fine if you're up front about it. Not everyone has all 20 years...

May 3, 2019
  64. Shanarias replied to the thread can we please fix the mystery lag.

Actually, it happened immediately after I joined an ENORMOUS guild on that character. The issue has since resolved itself. My hardware is...

May 3, 2019
  65. Shanarias liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Yet another returning thread(sorry).

OK I am a casual player. I do not raid. I have my own guild. So this is not some pumped up Arnold in the game advising you what to do....

May 3, 2019
  66. Shanarias replied to the thread Yet another returning thread(sorry).

The way I see it, the only *wrong* way to play this game is being inconsiderate of the other players. In other words, some of us just want...

May 3, 2019
  67. Shanarias liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Yet another returning thread(sorry).

It is definitely my experience in this game and elsewhere that "[this thing] is worthless" usually means "[this thing] is not maximally...

May 3, 2019
  68. Shanarias liked Schadenfreude's post in the thread FV vs other servers for returning player?.

FV has three guilds with at least one TBL raid win. If you are serious about raiding and aren't completely terrible you'll have zero...

May 3, 2019
  69. Shanarias liked Corydon's post in the thread For future releases....

Or... you just sit in front of a PoK book that is not yet there and wait until it appears. Worked for my Iksar in FoB.

May 2, 2019
  70. Shanarias liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Persy Clutches and the Goblet of Fire. Did the Luclin devs read Harry Potter?.

There are tons of literary and pop culture references in NPC names -- even before WoW did it! A fisherman named Bait Masterson in...

Apr 30, 2019
  71. Shanarias liked Aurastrider's post in the thread Putting non-placeable items in player housing.

I am glad something I posted nearly 3 years ago is still useful. I don't have much time to help out in game these days but I enjoy...

Apr 27, 2019
  72. Shanarias replied to the thread Putting non-placeable items in player housing.

Thanks for posting that! I just actually printed it. :D

Apr 26, 2019
  73. Shanarias replied to the thread Windowed gamma resets in game..

I can duplicate the same issue with a Desktop and a Radeon display adapter.

Apr 26, 2019
  74. Shanarias replied to the thread can we please fix the mystery lag.

On ONE character, I am getting an entry in the log that every time I zone, there is a failure to allocate indices. This results in a...

Apr 25, 2019
  75. Shanarias replied to the thread can we please fix the mystery lag.

Right. I have Windows Defender in inactive mode, so that dog just won't hunt. I am going to find the log for the ONE CHARACTER that has...

Apr 25, 2019
  76. Shanarias liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Minor Trade skill question.

Too late! I've seen everything!

Apr 25, 2019
  77. Shanarias replied to the thread A suggestion list to DBG to generate long term excitement in their game.

Massive foliage where it didn't exist before.

Apr 21, 2019
  78. Shanarias replied to the thread A suggestion list to DBG to generate long term excitement in their game.

I think they are already playing with improvements to the graphics engine. The new Tutorial Zone, and some areas in other ones show way...

Apr 21, 2019