Shanarias's Recent Activity

1. Shanarias replied to the thread Is there a spot to make suggestions for this game.

One of the Guild Hall Accessories available in Sunrise village is "Shabby Lobby Door". Most guilds have several of these in their Halls....

May 30, 2020 at 8:15 PM
  2. Shanarias liked dreadlord's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

/sigh Obviously there's a human behind the bots. A human makes the decision to put x groups of bots in x zones today/this week etcetc...

May 30, 2020 at 5:44 PM
  3. Shanarias replied to the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

How much do you sell Krono for?

May 30, 2020 at 3:54 PM
  4. Shanarias replied to the thread Does too much pet damage eat experience?.

This has always been my experience as well. If anyone/thing in my group kills something, even way above my level, I get experience. And...

May 27, 2020 at 5:33 AM
  5. Shanarias replied to the thread Lesson.

Actually, it worked just now. Thanks.

May 22, 2020
  6. Shanarias posted a new thread.

Lesson

So is Lesson of the Devoted disabled on Firiona Vie server? I tried to use it on two different chars that got there through the server...

Forum: The Newbie Zone

May 22, 2020
  7. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

I called it. I told my gf yesterday that I bet Tutankamen is going to make a post today saying he called it when they extended the...

May 20, 2020
  8. Shanarias liked Astral64's post in the thread new guild on FV.

Check out the official recruitment forum: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/guild-recruitment.25/ I don't think our...

May 19, 2020
  9. Shanarias liked Elyssanda's post in the thread Guild leader mia - no problem!.

You know that's not at all what he said. He specifically disagreed with someone saying a guild leader who is MIA a MONTH should be...

May 18, 2020
  10. Shanarias liked Laronk's post in the thread IS Boxer.

Show us on the doll where the bad software touched you

May 17, 2020
  11. Shanarias liked Skuz's post in the thread Coach Me!.

One healer Merc is not going to be sufficient for your group until it has all of its AA & it has merc gear and even then it may not be...

May 16, 2020
  12. Shanarias liked Benito's post in the thread who done it? (spoilers?).

Mayor Gubbin at the daily press conference. [IMG]

May 11, 2020
  13. Shanarias replied to the thread What's up with Rivervale?.

Yeah, Kithicor is a totally different experience after the sun goes down.

May 11, 2020
  14. Shanarias liked Tucoh's post in the thread Returning Player Need Some Advice.

Join us on Aradune, bud. It's only a few weeks away. Just be warned that you'll get that authentic MMO experience with server issues due to...

May 6, 2020
  15. Shanarias liked Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post in the thread Why is there no Tradeskill section in Forums?.

The archives still exist, Daybreak simply no longer maintains their version of them. http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/soearchive/...

May 3, 2020
  16. Shanarias liked Aanuvane's post in the thread Why is there no Tradeskill section in Forums?.

Even if you put a tradeskill section here - there are decades of history over at EQTC that can't realistically be duplicated. You can ask...

May 3, 2020
  17. Shanarias replied to the thread Why is there no Tradeskill section in Forums?.

I am thinking that if I owned this game, and this site, this would be where I would want users to congregate, and not some 3rd party site.

Apr 29, 2020
  18. Shanarias replied to the thread [Feedback] Recruiting forums.

What if...someone went in and started a guild with the Guild name people are recruiting for, and took all the prospects? :D :D Kind of like...

Apr 29, 2020
  19. Shanarias posted a new thread.

Why is there no Tradeskill section in Forums?

Tradeskilling is a huge part of this game, yet seems to be not worthy of a Forum section? Maybe this is old news, but I am certain that...

Apr 29, 2020
  20. Shanarias replied to the thread when are live servers getting a higher Gm presence?.

"If they don't have the guts to perma-ban cheaters, they can move all of their char to a prison-server so that the "cheat-community" can...

Apr 29, 2020
  21. Shanarias liked Jumbur's post in the thread when are live servers getting a higher Gm presence?.

Honestly, I think cheaters should get a perma-ban once the cheating has been confirmed, not just suspensions. Us live server-players pay...

Apr 29, 2020
  22. Shanarias replied to the thread Enhance Security account feature issue?.

You may wish to contact Customer Service with that one. Not sure anyone on the forums would have that answer.

Apr 29, 2020
  23. Shanarias liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread My first experience as a newbie.

They are not classic. They are not designed to be classic. They have a LOT of modern quality of life improvements that did not exist...

Apr 29, 2020
  24. Shanarias replied to the thread 21 years after staring at pictures on magazine, I want to play it.

I strongly disagree with skipping the tutorial. I almost never played this game after the first night, since I didn't even know how to...

Apr 25, 2020
  25. Shanarias replied to the thread Rangers.

Pretty easy to level up with a Ranger. For a while, anyway. :)

Apr 19, 2020
  26. Shanarias liked Vicus's post in the thread After today....

Good Morning, So while I've slept I have't really heard a legit counter to any of my ideas. My ideas were catered to everyone and once...

Apr 19, 2020
  27. Shanarias replied to the thread Vital On Line Resources for newbies or returnies.....

Thanks for posting this! Next stop=Trophy!

Apr 19, 2020
  28. Shanarias liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Vital On Line Resources for newbies or returnies.....

This is just one of his - he has other really good ones also - just google https://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/quests/ Same thing...

Apr 19, 2020
  29. Shanarias liked Danorok's post in the thread Servers going down ?.

On Firiona Vie, I had just taken down "The Fabled Tallon Zek" and was heading up to see if Rallos was up. Did not get a warning servers...

Apr 16, 2020
  30. Shanarias liked kmbsjb's post in the thread Servers going down ?.

Lockjaw just crashed, at least i just got the "you have been disconnected" screen

Apr 16, 2020
  31. Shanarias replied to the thread The PR is Laughable.

I got kicked out of Test 27 minutes after the so called "scheduled" maintenance started. I was logged in for three minutes, which means...

Apr 16, 2020
  32. Shanarias liked slayerofbats's post in the thread Back for a week so far.

Glad you are digging it. A few tips if you haven't discovered this already: 1) If you subscribe, you can get a much stronger merc. Also...

Apr 15, 2020
  33. Shanarias replied to the thread Free Character Transfers to Zek ( And Off Zek ).

Makes too much sense. Likely never happen, though I totally agree with this.

Apr 15, 2020
  34. Shanarias liked Darchon_Xegony's post in the thread Free Character Transfers to Zek ( And Off Zek ).

I think a better solution for Zek would be to make it like the test server. Anyone from any server can /zekcopy and copy their entire...

Apr 15, 2020
  35. Shanarias liked DruMund's post in the thread (Serious) What can we do about the lag pile?.

quit complaining, this is part of eq. WELCOME TO EC tunnel 2020

Apr 12, 2020
  36. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread (Serious) What can we do about the lag pile?.

Where does your server have the lag pile. I would suggest behind the large bank in pok. Far enough away from everything. That is...

Apr 12, 2020
  37. Shanarias replied to the thread (Serious) What can we do about the lag pile?.

In my experience, the "lag pile" comes and goes, whether it is in the GL, outside the GL, or behind the bank. I don't get much lag there,...

Apr 9, 2020
  38. Shanarias liked Beardsy's post in the thread (Serious) What can we do about the lag pile?.

Don't go to said area? ^^ This is going to be absolutely - AMAZING - For raids. Hiding pets is going to change the damn game for...

Apr 9, 2020
  39. Shanarias liked Flatchy's post in the thread Wow Some People..

I agree with you yep. FTP does have its place but it also has its limitations and should be that way.

Apr 7, 2020
  40. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread The Coronavirus, EQ Anniversary and Dark Paw Games.

If DPG on their own decided to give more bonuses that is all fine and dandy. With all that is going on around the world with covid 19 it is...

Apr 2, 2020
  41. Shanarias liked dreamweaver's post in the thread The Coronavirus, EQ Anniversary and Dark Paw Games.

All of the removed posts were political in nature.

Apr 2, 2020
  42. Shanarias liked Benito's post in the thread Because of the real word situations with 'time off work'....

Begging for "freebies" while there is a pandemic shows poor character and a lack of dignity. Time to let it go. You already have a free...

Mar 23, 2020
  43. Shanarias liked Anhur's post in the thread Because of the real word situations with 'time off work'....

People are getting sick, dying, losing their income if not outright losing their jobs. But sure, let's have a corporation capitalise on...

Mar 23, 2020
  44. Shanarias liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Because of the real word situations with 'time off work'....

But no one knows their old emails.o_O

Mar 23, 2020
  45. Shanarias replied to the thread Botting / warping groups making it difficult to complete Hunter.

I still play this game, but I refuse to subscribe as long as there is not a level playing field. Sadly, I also believe someone at DPG HAS...

Mar 23, 2020
  46. Shanarias liked Maedhros's post in the thread Dead Hills: Why so many autobot groups?.

Optimus Prime would never condone this kind of behaviour. Please try to use other terminology when describing these scoundrels rather...

Mar 8, 2020
  47. Shanarias replied to the thread "Thread Title..." asks the administrators & such. I grin..

Too much peyote or something.

Mar 8, 2020
  48. Shanarias liked Dmitry's post in the thread A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale.

Holly, I have an obscene number of years playing the games. I thank you for everything you have done. You understood who we were and...

Mar 6, 2020
  49. Shanarias liked Quatr's post in the thread Truly hard for newcomers....

I would suggest a few things. First, the Paragon armor is good for the level, but you may want to check the Bazaar for Tier 1 HOT armor....

Mar 6, 2020
  50. Shanarias liked Nennius's post in the thread So, about that maintenance.

What is this table of which you speak?

Mar 4, 2020
  51. Shanarias replied to the thread IDEA - Improvement for New People, Improve Grouping.

My beef with starting at level 50 is that, like myself, there are players who do not play all that well. I find that it is imperative to...

Mar 4, 2020
  52. Shanarias liked Sokki's post in the thread IDEA - Improvement for New People, Improve Grouping.

I like the idea of having a "Starting Server" but I don't think it should be forced in any way. Create the server and designate it as the...

Mar 4, 2020
  53. Shanarias liked Belexes's post in the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

So you want zones like Lceanium and Frontier Mountains or Plane of Knowledge and Guild Lobby...got it. :p I don't really have any...

Mar 4, 2020
  54. Shanarias replied to the thread Merging servers.

Actually, if you have EVER been a paid player, I believe you are allowed in General channel.

Mar 1, 2020
  55. Shanarias liked Marope's post in the thread What’s it like on test?.

Cheers Griff

Feb 24, 2020
  56. Shanarias liked SunDrake's post in the thread Truly hard for newcomers....

Really great posts from multiple angles in this thread. If you follow this sub forum, this is a very regular question that sometimes...

Feb 24, 2020
  57. Shanarias replied to the thread Daybreak why can't you fix guildhall crashing?.

The other day I submitted a bug report, because EVERY time on any server, if I joined the "Novices of _______" guild on ANY server, upon...

Feb 18, 2020
  58. Shanarias liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Shall I toss the towel?.

I am saying they are an expert. The fact remains that you posed a problem statement. Someone offered advice on how to address your...

Feb 15, 2020
  59. Shanarias liked Sairanor's post in the thread Stick Figure mode no longer works?.

Can't seem to get stick figure mode to work, did they remove this from the game entirely? I have StickFigures=1 set under [Default] and...

Feb 15, 2020
  60. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

LOL no you want to force people to have and choose LESS options. It is useless and futile to try and create an environment that...

Feb 12, 2020
  61. Shanarias replied to the thread patch message???.

Start with Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton, and read the entire 7 book series in that Universe. I have read it twice, and it is truly...

Feb 11, 2020
  62. Shanarias liked Cragzop's post in the thread patch message???.

No. The patch isn't until tomorrow and they almost never put the Live patch message up until the patch is in final QA testing...

Feb 11, 2020
  63. Shanarias liked Smokezz's post in the thread Pet Peeves What's yours?.

People that expect EverQuest to be designed the absolute lowest skilled player in the game.

Feb 11, 2020
  64. Shanarias liked xxGriff's post in the thread What’s it like on test?.

I am not sure an "economy" is or should be used as a metric. Test is, well a test server. the lack of plat sellers/PL spam and fixation on...

Feb 11, 2020
  65. Shanarias liked Nennius's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

Looking ahead a few hours... [IMG]

Feb 11, 2020
  66. Shanarias liked Thunderkiks's post in the thread Why aren't servers down yet?.

I'll admit, I'm a bit scared lol. As a precaution they were all logged off last night. Also logged in ever character I have and did...

Feb 11, 2020
  67. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Why aren't servers down yet?.

My day is ruined I planned on getting RL tasks done and you didn't force me out of the game on time!!! FYI - joking. ;)

Feb 11, 2020
  68. Shanarias liked Machen's post in the thread 0-box server...

It's also a marketing nightmare. For years they've sold krono that give all-access to all their servers. Now suddenly they'd have...

Feb 11, 2020
  69. Shanarias liked Machen's post in the thread 0-box server...

How does a server generate krono? (Hint: it doesn't. There is nothing about krono entering the system that is tied to a particular...

Feb 11, 2020
  70. Shanarias liked Mokai's post in the thread What’s it like on test?.

I found this old info: https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/49707-Perks-of-playing-EQ1-Test-Server PERKS Full content unlocked including...

Feb 11, 2020
  71. Shanarias liked yepmetoo's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

Quitting the game and then wasting time posting on the forums and whining about a game you no longer play is...pretty pathetic, honestly.

Feb 10, 2020
  72. Shanarias liked code-zero's post in the thread 0-box server...

The premise of this thread is ridiculous. It’s obvious that the OP and the anti Krono crew weren’t playing 10 years ago when /general was...

Feb 10, 2020
  73. Shanarias replied to the thread Vox "standard ruleset" server.

I tried it out of curiosity, and like it. I may hang out for a while. :)

Feb 10, 2020
  74. Shanarias posted a new thread.

Vox "standard ruleset" server

I was unable to find anything in here with search, so I am posting this. Vox seems to be a great server! Everyone playing is All Access,...

Feb 10, 2020
  75. Shanarias liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Ry'Gorr Parley Totem.

It's already done, but needs a patch.

Feb 10, 2020
  76. Shanarias replied to the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

I tend to mind my own business in the game, and it is no skin off my nose what guild you are in. That is your choice, and I will honor...

Feb 9, 2020
  77. Shanarias liked Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

They won't have to be any more selective. The guild will simply make a 2nd Guild, and put all their alts and boxes in that, and just...

Feb 9, 2020
  78. Shanarias replied to the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

I am going to put my take on this, since I have read every response to the OP, and all points up to this one. Guilds tend to grow, as...

Feb 7, 2020
  79. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

Large guilds are large guilds because they offer things people want. Point you seem to be missing is large guilds started as small...

Feb 7, 2020
  80. Shanarias replied to the thread What’s it like on test?.

Test is what it is. VERY friendly players, and the economy is...basically nonexistent. You can get basically unlimited plat, if it is in...

Feb 7, 2020
  81. Shanarias liked svann's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

If you really want to use that analogy this would be like telling people they may not go to Walmart because Walmart already has their...

Feb 6, 2020
  82. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

So large guilds that people like to be in should be limited so that small guilds can become large guilds? Or limit large guild so...

Feb 6, 2020
  83. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

First it's clear you are talking casual guilds only to be but please correct me if I am wrong. I can't speak for all large guilds and...

Feb 6, 2020
  84. Shanarias liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Guilds - How large is too large?.

You can't cap guilds cause there are players that may not have logged in for many years and that would punish the guild for having X many...

Feb 6, 2020
  85. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Guild Roster Promotion abiltiy.

It does make sense that while a guild leader may want to promote someone to an officer rank and have the ability to promote members through...

Feb 5, 2020
  86. Shanarias liked KC13's post in the thread 24 Hours down.

If the failure to return to the server select screen on logout is fixed, I will buy the pizza!!

Feb 5, 2020
  87. Shanarias liked Aenvar's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Let everyone choose their own path and have fun playing their way… Why force all kinds of players into one route? It just does more bad...

Feb 5, 2020
  88. Shanarias replied to the thread What is your favorite thing about EQ?.

I actually like the FEEL of the game, and to this day, I swear it was made specifically for ME. While I know this isn't true, it still...

Feb 3, 2020
  89. Shanarias liked Raveno Puppykicker's post in the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

I really really hate Gorowyn. It is easily the worst pathing in my opinion in EQ. And there are the sarnaks with pets, but the pets are...

Feb 3, 2020
  90. Shanarias liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

Everyone had one of every class.. and had little to no in game knowledge of how to actually play the toon.. And got upset when asked...

Feb 3, 2020
  91. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

I don't think it was ruined but I would agree it was made less good.

Feb 3, 2020
  92. Shanarias liked Fanra's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

Unless your UI looks like this: [IMG] You are not playing original EQ. [media]

Feb 3, 2020
  93. Shanarias liked Fanra's post in the thread The obvious xp problem.

I listed several of the differences between original EQ and the current one in a previous post in this thread. There are many, many, many...

Feb 3, 2020
  94. Shanarias replied to the thread Please sell contracts, augments, more card packs, make trade forum..

A trading subforum sounds like it would be fun.

Feb 1, 2020
  95. Shanarias replied to the thread Pet Peeves What's yours?.

People who post endgame questions on the Newbie section of the forums. :D

Feb 1, 2020
  96. Shanarias replied to the thread Is this game still very much active?.

Awesome!

Feb 1, 2020
  97. Shanarias liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Is this game still very much active?.

I would answer and try to help but too busy playing the game. ;)

Feb 1, 2020
  98. Shanarias replied to the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

I was partial to Old Freeport because it was where I started when I first logged into the game with no clue, and no nothing but a crummy...

Feb 1, 2020
  99. Shanarias liked Xyphen's post in the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

At least the chromodracs don't dispell like the ones in classic Skyfire.

Feb 1, 2020
  100. Shanarias replied to the thread Crashing ---- a lot..

Once when trying to enter the Standard Guild Hall this week.

Jan 31, 2020
  101. Shanarias liked Dythan's post in the thread Can you fix account to account transfers now?.

Feel free to reacquire through gameplay.

Jan 31, 2020
  102. Shanarias liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Is this game still very much active?.

A rather dystopian view. I have been playing since Kunark lauched. I enjoy company, perhaps more than most. The reasons I do not...

Jan 30, 2020
  103. Shanarias replied to the thread chat tabs for the new / returning player.

Did you do the tutorial? There is an NPC in that group in Gloomingdeep (I believe the name is Prathun) who tells you all the options for...

Jan 28, 2020
  104. Shanarias liked Schadenfreude's post in the thread Tradeskills that everyone needs..

Disagree. It's nice to see some benefit to people who did tradeskills before it was cool.

Jan 28, 2020
  105. Shanarias replied to the thread Pet Peeves What's yours?.

Good LUCK with that! :D

Jan 24, 2020
  106. Shanarias liked Yinla's post in the thread Back to EQ - possible versus practical.

Enchanter/mage combo is very powerful, add a wizzy to that for the extra DPS and your golden. Their isn't much that needs a real tank and...

Jan 24, 2020
  107. Shanarias liked Jalelorf's post in the thread EQ Fan Faire - Let's Get With This Over ™.

Let's get with this over? Was that a typo or bad English?

Jan 23, 2020
  108. Shanarias liked Qbert's post in the thread Pet Peeves What's yours?.

When someone says range, when they mean RNG (random number generator). When someone types rouge, when they mean rogue. When someone...

Jan 23, 2020
  109. Shanarias replied to the thread Darkpaw Games.

So far, what it has meant to me has been I had to log in from "scratch", as in type in my user name and password. Aside from that, it...

Jan 23, 2020
  110. Shanarias replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Unless you are a member of Lions of the Heart, your opinion of what we do there is irrelevant, unless we are obstructing something you...

Jan 23, 2020
  111. Shanarias replied to the thread What do you think happened with the EQ Next assets..

Probably "Bleachbit". :D

Jan 22, 2020
  112. Shanarias replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Excuse me, but you simply do NOT know whereof you speak. Lions of the Heart may be a casual guild, but but NO ONE is controlling anyone...

Jan 22, 2020
  113. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Is the forum going to move to Darkpaw Games ?.

It just doesn't matter.

Jan 22, 2020
  114. Shanarias replied to the thread Congratulations Darkpaw Games!.

I play the game on a 32 inch screen. How large are we talking here? :D

Jan 22, 2020
  115. Shanarias liked Funky's post in the thread Best server for new player.

as for starting out 100% fresh, i would suggest Xegony. high population server with lots of guilds that allow near anyone to join...

Jan 16, 2020
  116. Shanarias liked Larkin's post in the thread Guild tag question.

It was the ini file. I deleted it and re-logged and it's fixed now.

Jan 16, 2020
  117. Shanarias liked Barbwarrior's post in the thread You have been slain by Thosgromri Warmgranite!.

The mob will be banned when they get back

Jan 1, 2020
  118. Shanarias liked Nennius's post in the thread best server for a noob?.

Huge second, (or third?) to this suggestion. I really, really wish there had been a Tutorial when I started playing EQ back when....

Dec 30, 2019
  119. Shanarias replied to the thread Advanced Loot System Guide/Walkthrough.

I don't know how this ended up "recent", but I am glad it did. Thanks.

Dec 26, 2019
  120. Shanarias replied to the thread best server for a noob?.

You could also check out Lions Of The Heart Guild on Xegony, which is VERY friendly to new and returning players. But the advice to start...

Dec 26, 2019
  121. Shanarias liked Vizier's post in the thread Bad press.

Just wanted to echo Rotlust's position a bit here. Massively should be lumped in with all the other spin based infotainment I don't think...

Dec 25, 2019
  122. Shanarias replied to the thread Dead Bazaar.

LOL! :D

Dec 20, 2019
  123. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Dead Bazaar.

*sighs* I thought this was going to be a thread about a baz we could buy dead in.

Dec 20, 2019
  124. Shanarias liked Pip's post in the thread Bout time I introduce myself..

Hail Norrathians! Many of you may have already seen me here on the forums, and many of you have seen me in game. I'm more active on the...

Dec 12, 2019
  125. Shanarias liked skattabrainz's post in the thread I have never tried everquest, i come from Darkage of camelot.

I had a mix of friends in the MMO formative years. I was EQ but a few of my friends were DAoC. I didn't get into any pvp groove until Eve...

Dec 5, 2019
  126. Shanarias liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread starting again 10 years later.

I suggest playing on a Live server like Xegony one of the highest population live servers. This video will tell you about a lot of the...

Dec 5, 2019