Scila's Recent Activity

1. Scila replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

0 - not a feature I'm interested in. I have alts on both accounts that I've lvl'd up to where I can swap them out as needed. If I need a...

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:48 AM
  2. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

While I have worked with Car ... turning things on and off and pointing to something on the user end being the problem doesn't fix...

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:10 AM
  3. Scila replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

If they want a deep dive as to what goes on under the covers, there are plenty of online (or hey novel idea classes) that will explain...

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:14 AM
  4. Scila liked Anguisette's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I would say it is more like a feature in a vehicle that is added in, say for instance a GPS system (analogy for newly implemented...

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:07 AM
  5. Scila liked Anguisette's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

There are a lot of us here who are developers of some sort, and we may have differing opinions. I would much rather developer time...

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:06 AM
  6. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Still happening on one comp as of yesterday. CT server - PoK. I give it an E for effort the frequency isn't as much but I also haven't...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:47 AM
  7. Scila liked Rijacki's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Each time I "show ignored content", I am reminded why I ignored them. But there are times when curiosity is just too much.

Apr 21, 2024 at 1:45 PM
  8. Scila replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Sometimes in the early morning hours, I sit with the first cup of coffee and read thru posts and just think how some have no idea about the...

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:17 AM
  9. Scila replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

ldon = snore boring

Apr 17, 2024
  10. Scila liked Nennius's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

But what if they all have matching shirts, a four letter acronym, and yell REAL loud?

Apr 17, 2024
  11. Scila liked Smokezz's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

A small group of people is not "the player base".

Apr 17, 2024
  12. Scila liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Alexa: "You're in Mississippi, would you like to update your location?" Chatbotgpt: "You're experiencing the third state of grief known...

Apr 17, 2024
  13. Scila liked Fanra's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I think 95+% of the player base would really really like borderless windowed. (and yes, I'm pulling that number out of my behind, so if...

Apr 17, 2024
  14. Scila replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

My 2 cp on this one ... gigo ... ai as well as anything else ... is only as good as the information provided. Some are watching too much...

Apr 17, 2024
  15. Scila liked ttobey's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I don't agree with you on this one. How it will probably be used in my opinion, spin up a lot of concept ideas with AI , whittle...

Apr 17, 2024
  16. Scila liked Nennius's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I spoke to the AI superlord. He wouldn't tell me a lot about his plans but he did say that pallies will rule and halflings are in deep...

Apr 17, 2024
  17. Scila liked ttobey's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I have a feeling when this AI Superlord starts trying to export characters into the EQ1 engine most of it's responses will be >Wait...What?

Apr 17, 2024
  18. Scila liked Svann2's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

No. AI is best used for entertainment, not coding.

Apr 17, 2024
  19. Scila liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

It appears you don't know what AI is. AI is artificial intelligence, don't forget the artificial part at the start (it means the system...

Apr 17, 2024
  20. Scila replied to the thread Keyboard question.

I use very inexpensive logitech wireless keyboards. They tend to take a beating and my set up is rather odd (think server rack-types for...

Apr 15, 2024
  21. Scila liked Metanis's post in the thread Keyboard question.

Make sure something called "USB Selective Suspend" is turned off in your Advanced Options for your Power Profile. Find it through Power...

Apr 15, 2024
  22. Scila liked Gialana's post in the thread Sam Napth - Missing - A Different Perspective.

I guess there is a disagreement between Allakhazam and EQResource. EQResource says A Different Perspective is required for Summoning the...

Apr 13, 2024
  23. Scila replied to the thread Sam Napth - Missing - A Different Perspective.

ok thanks eqresource may need to be updated - Quest Giver: Sam Napth [IMG] Requirements: Step on a Crack, Lucky 13, A Cat-tastrophe,...

Apr 13, 2024
  24. Scila posted a new thread.

Sam Napth - Missing - A Different Perspective

See title - checked with a couple of toons to make sure it wasn't something else but Sam has all the rest of the tasks but is missing A...

Forum: Bug Reports

Apr 13, 2024
  25. Scila replied to the thread Group Tasks - Anniversary et all.

It shouldn't - it works just like every other task from what I can see. It could be that, at the time it was created, it was simply...

Apr 12, 2024
  26. Scila posted a new thread.

Group Tasks - Anniversary et all

I'm sure this has been requested before, but can we please have someone take a look and maybe remove the conflict in tasks like A...

Apr 12, 2024
  27. Scila replied to the thread Easter Bonus?.

I've got bags stashed inside bags lol

Apr 11, 2024
  28. Scila replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Alexa - what's the fastest route between my house and the grocery store. Alexa - why am I now 3 states from my house?

Apr 9, 2024
  29. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Xegony is down.....

Not sure if this is connected (and it shouldn't be but) the marketplace has also been down two mornings in a row. Just putting that out...

Apr 4, 2024
  30. Scila liked Windance's post in the thread Brewmaster Berina AEing PoK.

I have to admit it would be kind of funny to see it happen. With that said, probably should be fixed.

Apr 3, 2024
  31. Scila liked NyteShayd's post in the thread Brewmaster Berina AEing PoK.

This seems to happen every couple years with the latest viral DoT in a raid. Maybe it's time to code a "dispel on zoning" component into...

Apr 3, 2024
  32. Scila liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Player made expansion !.

I am guessing it is meant as an April fools joke considering the date. Though I would say it is in poor taste as it seems to be...

Apr 1, 2024
  33. Scila replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

Why start a new thread for something that has already been discussed including why it's not practical?

Apr 1, 2024
  34. Scila liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Player made expansion !.

I would advise not sending her a message as this isn't something that is possible or will ever happen due to various labor laws preventing...

Apr 1, 2024
  35. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

Out of curiosity - of the ones having problems - bypassing launcher v not - using new ui v not? Curious now how many of the problems we're...

Mar 31, 2024
  36. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

/flush dns /reboot ... yep those won't work either ... all due respect it's not always on the user end after an implementation

Mar 31, 2024
  37. Scila liked Nennius's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

There is a thread from awhile back that covers pretty much the same topic....

Mar 29, 2024
  38. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

I'm not sure how a player changing their settings accomplishes anything other than non-paid player troubleshooting. It also then depends on...

Mar 29, 2024
  39. Scila liked Lodestar's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Cairbrae knows what the issue is. They changed deferred texture loading mechanisms in the DX11 code in the most recent patch, reverting the...

Mar 29, 2024
  40. Scila replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

- Don't have dev resources - Devs allocated to create new content, fix bugs, create and update all documentation, look to the future for...

Mar 27, 2024
  41. Scila replied to the thread Plain of Knowledge.

Had one account ctd on CT 3 x's - looks like it's back now ...weird

Mar 27, 2024
  42. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

I've posted my nvidia info for both comps. One never got it until the last patch so whatever happened then, messed that one up now as well...

Mar 26, 2024
  43. Scila replied to the thread Blood Flower - Anniversary Quest Item.

Didn't mean to stir a hornet's nest - simply trying to get little things cleaned up before family holler from across town I need to drop...

Mar 24, 2024
  44. Scila replied to the thread Blood Flower - Anniversary Quest Item.

yeah I saw on alla that sneak didn't work - I'll try that thanks --- yeah - last time I trust alla - thanks!

Mar 24, 2024
  45. Scila liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Blood Flower - Anniversary Quest Item.

Really? A short duration event should NEVER have faction limitations. But seriously, what a selfish *****.

Mar 24, 2024
  46. Scila posted a new thread.

Blood Flower - Anniversary Quest Item

There is 1 place to get this item in Kael and unless you haven't messed up your faction, there is no way to complete Magically Delicious...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Mar 24, 2024
  47. Scila replied to the thread Sneak patch 2024-03-19.

Well ... whatever happened ... it borked mine ...................not a happy camper right now is an understatement.

Mar 20, 2024
  48. Scila replied to the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

And now both comps have it and gamma is back to borked on both comps. Whatever is going on this is getting really old, really fast...

Mar 20, 2024
  49. Scila liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

NAH.. it's EQ . (By your suggestion: IF their patches cause our hardware to malfunction and fail) ...Cause if it is something with MY...

Mar 20, 2024
  50. Scila replied to the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

I will say this ... whatever the last patch did or didn't do. Something did something to something else. Explanation .... I play on 2...

Mar 19, 2024
  51. Scila replied to the thread MAJOR issues with keyboard inputs since anny update.

Just something to think about ... make sure that it isn't hitching with the wireless connection or timing out somehow and needs a...

Mar 19, 2024
  52. Scila replied to the thread Self selection in client during combat.

I have always had that on Svann it's spastic but hasn't happened for a long time with me. And with me, it depends on whether I'm in a group...

Mar 17, 2024
  53. Scila liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

[IMG]

Mar 16, 2024
  54. Scila replied to the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

Yep - can confirm still a problem as of Saturday 3-16 at least in PoK

Mar 16, 2024
  55. Scila replied to the thread Self selection in client during combat.

huh? Do you mean sometimes during combat instead of targeting the NPC you will target yourself or another player? This is an old recurring...

Mar 16, 2024
  56. Scila replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

I said what I wanted in their thread. As a paid geek before I retired, most of it made sense. Even with a large staff, large budget, and...

Mar 15, 2024
  57. Scila replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

This was a long read, but it did answer alot of my questions. Didn't give me the answers I wanted, but it did answer them. Thanks, Dev's...

Mar 14, 2024
  58. Scila replied to the thread I see the issue of being too dark has been marked as 'not a bug'.

Not a bug ... working as intended ... pass the buck ... what I don't understand is how other games have no problems and DB can't. Spaghetti...

Mar 13, 2024
  59. Scila replied to the thread Sudden Overseer Failures.

First I'm hearing about leaving an account logged in being a problem with Overseers. Alot flip between playing and trader/barter, then...

Mar 10, 2024
  60. Scila replied to the thread Gamma correction?.

They removed it and put in a "slider" for enhanced vision. That needs adjustment to go further. Currently, it does nothing close hence we...

Mar 6, 2024
  61. Scila replied to the thread Gamma correction?.

Their option to change everybody's individual comps is a bandaid nothing more. Other modern games work without it. Going back and forth to...

Mar 6, 2024
  62. Scila liked Flatchy's post in the thread Gamma correction?.

or they could just go and put the gamma slider back in.

Mar 6, 2024
  63. Scila replied to the thread QA In Progress Long-standing issue with Druid Group Cure Spell.

The AA Radiant Cure - 35 poison - disease - curse - it may take 2 casts but it does work. AA Purified Spirits - 44 Poison - Disease - Furse...

Mar 5, 2024
  64. Scila liked Geko's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

This post is silly. EverQuest is EG7's highest profit game. The lack of resource development has nothing to do with the price of...

Mar 4, 2024
  65. Scila liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Not a bugg but..

Just like it was an awful idea to force people who enjoy playing in full screen to start the game in windowed mode, forcing people to log...

Mar 4, 2024
  66. Scila replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Taking after FB's moto of "move fast and break things" doesn't play well in every environment. Eventually it wears thin and ppl show with...

Mar 2, 2024
  67. Scila replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Anybody that wants to pay for my doubled price feel free. Not paying it.

Mar 2, 2024
  68. Scila replied to the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

Putting it on perspective - for one day - a San Diego Comicon event is $79 .... perspective. Unless they are serving prime rib and lobster...

Mar 1, 2024
  69. Scila replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

So lets just double the price of everything ... oh yeah ... your salary stays the same ... survive. It then boils down to household...

Mar 1, 2024
  70. Scila replied to the thread Subscribe.

If I want to give someone a krono - I'll do it ingame where i can hand it to somebody I know. If somebody wants to armchair quarterback on...

Feb 29, 2024
  71. Scila replied to the thread ancient eqclient.ini lines.

I have some of those as well. My "theory" is they accumulated from previous ui update options that were available and may or may not be...

Feb 29, 2024
  72. Scila replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Current price of a krono $17.99 us - 1 month recurring $14.99 us - 3 month recurring - $38.97 - 6 month recurring $71.94 - 12 month $119.88...

Feb 28, 2024
  73. Scila replied to the thread Puller group role.

The puller's "role" is to pull ... how many are "inc" depend on the puller and group makeup. Mezzer in the group bring it. No mezzer - let...

Feb 28, 2024
  74. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Off the beta side ... [MemoryMode0] TextureLoadsPerFrame=5 AnimationLoadsPerFrame=2 BitmapsPerFrame=250 DownsamplesPerFrame=1...

Feb 27, 2024
  75. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I'll check when I can get close to the comp - my chair has been "taken over" by my blind and medicated kittie for the afternoon.

Feb 27, 2024
  76. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I'm looking at the beta ini ... TextureCache=True UseD3DTextureCompression=True WindowedGamma=1 LinearGammaContent=1 Bloom=1...

Feb 27, 2024
  77. Scila liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

It does it in all modes, least, balanced, most, whatever. There is no way around it. And its getting worse, like an infection

Feb 27, 2024
  78. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

It's most likely past the point of revert without creating further problems.

Feb 26, 2024
  79. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

edited

Feb 25, 2024
  80. Scila replied to the thread Mea Culpa.

I so wish we could have a laughing emoji instead of just a like on the forums - the tshirt made me giggle this morning thanks!

Feb 25, 2024
  81. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I might have a really old copy somewhere like a year or so old let me dig around. On another note, with the white graphics and the oohh mom...

Feb 25, 2024
  82. Scila liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Why the hell have people bought into the idea that it's an either/or situation? Are we really this numb to crappy game performace that...

Feb 25, 2024
  83. Scila liked Svann2's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

I think this has always been a problem, but may be more frequent or noticeable to more people now. What Ive always seen is that while...

Feb 24, 2024
  84. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

haha - last person I know of that said that did bad bad stuff and was moved to a non-technical spot before the day ended.

Feb 24, 2024
  85. Scila liked Yinla's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I don't want grey textures loading in when I'm trying to move around a zone while trying to avoid mobs. Hitching was barely noticeable...

Feb 24, 2024
  86. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

The problem with futzing with the ini file ... you're doing db's job for them. Here is what is being forgotten. If, and I do mean if, it's...

Feb 24, 2024
  87. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

If the comp is current, updated correctly, and having problems, there is no reasonable explanation why this should be a problem other than...

Feb 23, 2024
  88. Scila liked Derek's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I completely understand that EQ is probably tricky to code for, I'm not a coder but we had a much better working game before and now...

Feb 23, 2024
  89. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

I'm still seeing the stuttering just sitting by the bank not doing anything. Running around doing the new tower missions, there seemed to...

Feb 22, 2024
  90. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

It's also not archiving off old problem records/documentation never to be looked at because "yeah that'll never happen again" into oblivion.

Feb 22, 2024
  91. Scila liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I think two things are probably at play here: 1) Someone up the chain is telling them to release things, working or not, to adhere to...

Feb 22, 2024
  92. Scila liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Graphical loading is now slower. More naked npc's. Turning to face 180 and turning back the world has to reload. memory has been effected...

Feb 22, 2024
  93. Scila liked Aanuvane's post in the thread Fixed Internally Merc losing health every time I zone.

When I zone, my mercenary goes from 100% health to 74% health. PoK to GL 100% to 74% GL to GH 80% to 74% GH to Laurion's Inn 100% to 74%...

Feb 22, 2024
  94. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally Merc losing health every time I zone.

Yep same thing on both my mercs

Feb 22, 2024
  95. Scila replied to the thread Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ..

oohh like the cd tutorial that was out at one point? Yeah let me think about that ... nope.

Feb 22, 2024
  96. Scila replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

I'm back with the white out. It's not a new thing. This onion getting stinky peeling back things that used to be resolved now popping back...

Feb 22, 2024
  97. Scila liked Fanra's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

This is known as Chesterton's fence. It does not mean to never change anything. It means to understand what you are changing before you...

Feb 19, 2024
  98. Scila replied to the thread planetside sold?.

So I don't know about anybody else, but yeah I would want somebody proficient in word. Excel, etc. is simply part of the suite. Why, let...

Feb 18, 2024
  99. Scila liked Rijacki's post in the thread planetside sold?.

Likewise, I probably would not want to see the "art" done by someone who is coding. They're completely different skill sets!!

Feb 18, 2024
  100. Scila replied to the thread AMA Answers.

So ... we have the AMA thread, the poll that went out, and a boatload of items in the forum where they could find information. Makes you...

Feb 13, 2024
  101. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

back again this morning so much broken glass look ... reminds me of something kids make in summer camp

Feb 13, 2024
  102. Scila replied to the thread Duplicate Thought this was suposed to be fixed?.

nope logged on to it this morning

Feb 13, 2024
  103. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

It's not about upping personal computers that are above minimum specs to get an app to work. Something went sideways on the app side....

Feb 9, 2024
  104. Scila liked Bernel's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Even people who have high end systems are having problems. Ironically, some of the older computers are doing better. My 10-year-old...

Feb 9, 2024
  105. Scila replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

I've got a couple of workarounds ... but should I have to do it ... no. Pull an add and let the merc chase it then mez the add. The one...

Feb 7, 2024
  106. Scila liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread ** A "REAL" Quality of Life Improvement **.

I had no idea this was even an issue...certainly not worth dev time to "fix". Just put one of the basic merchant NPCs next to the portal...

Feb 6, 2024
  107. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Well ... the blocky yucky mess isn't fixed. Looks like mage pet fire weapons this time causing the fun effect.

Feb 6, 2024
  108. Scila liked Bilbo Backpackens's post in the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Definitely. I responded with a polite note just asking them to please take Test and Beta feedback and be willing to delay launching...

Feb 5, 2024
  109. Scila replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

A survey is only as good as the polite honesty and seriousness it is taken. On that note, they could also glean the same information from...

Feb 5, 2024
  110. Scila liked Rijacki's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

I've worked in the bean counter methodology development as a software tester. Immovable deadlines to fullfill someone's MBO...

Feb 5, 2024
  111. Scila replied to the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

Most - not all unfortunately - "should" go through planning, design, requirements (not in that order precisely), sound off areas that are...

Feb 5, 2024
  112. Scila liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

I agree. We've been subjected to poor design, development, testing, and QA for so many years that the vast majority of the player base...

Feb 5, 2024
  113. Scila liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

Agree with both. My concern is that if even very basic unit-testing is kind of out the window, they would need to focus on it, especially...

Feb 5, 2024
  114. Scila replied to the thread Gamma Issue/Game play Dark Fix.

I feel sorry for those working persona tasks in any of the darker zones. Those zones are completely unplayable currently. They were always...

Feb 5, 2024
  115. Scila replied to the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

I'm beginning to think either a) they are using some kind of a hybrid or b) they tossed it out the window and going with a bean counter...

Feb 5, 2024
  116. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

If you spend time in Laurion (and this has happened since release), there is a huge lag when everything flips (think alligators to sharks)....

Feb 4, 2024
  117. Scila liked Yinla's post in the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

They aren't going to like my comment. Ignore test players at your peril.

Feb 4, 2024
  118. Scila replied to the thread FIX FOR DIRECT X 11 GPU (0) FATAL ERROR!!!!.

I'm using hdmi on both comps np.

Feb 3, 2024
  119. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Something went sideways with the patch. Looking at the lag pile in ct - alot are missing primary and secondary weapons as are the mercs....

Feb 2, 2024
  120. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

I saw some of it yesterday but relogging cleared it. Along with that, I had a good laugh. There was one toon that had a square with a blue...

Jan 31, 2024
  121. Scila liked Mokara's post in the thread Refund?.

If the problems are widespread then it is a game problem. Other games don't have this issue, and EQ didn't have this issue prior to...

Jan 31, 2024
  122. Scila replied to the thread Refund?.

Not all of us that have problems are on 10 yo, never updated, vista or die comps. Some of us run current and updated comps and know what...

Jan 31, 2024
  123. Scila liked Yinla's post in the thread Refund?.

Why would we mess up every other program running on the comp just to be able to play EQ? They have yet to give us a solution to the...

Jan 31, 2024
  124. Scila liked Captain Video's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

This, in one sentence, is why DBG is in trouble as a company. It's not always about you. I retired with 40 years professional IT...

Jan 30, 2024
  125. Scila liked Windance's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

What I find most interesting about these memory workarounds is the fact that the original values where so high compared to the "10" or "1"...

Jan 29, 2024
  126. Scila replied to the thread Refund?.

That won't happen. Prepatch worked - after patch - here's how to fix your comps.

Jan 29, 2024
  127. Scila liked Umidar's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Curiously, the stuttering issue looks similar to the issue fixed by this dev method: [media]

Jan 29, 2024
  128. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Mine are also nvidia cards ... while I don't hitch as much on live and not at all on test with the current patch in known problem spots,...

Jan 28, 2024
  129. Scila liked kevvlar's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

You are not alone,,,,,

Jan 28, 2024
  130. Scila liked Lodestar's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

No, because using memory.ini accordingly doesn't involve just one .ini file. It's also not a single setup fits all solution. Cairbrae...

Jan 27, 2024
  131. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

In Cair's defense - I worked with them for a long time yesterday trying to get to the bottom of things. They are reaching out beyond their...

Jan 27, 2024
  132. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

There is one spot in PoK on live or test that I was "hitching" consistently - run past the npc by the bank with the "aura" it would stutter...

Jan 26, 2024
  133. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

I logged over there as well and was running around like I was the only one on the server. For those curious, this doesn't do anything for...

Jan 25, 2024
  134. Scila liked SteamFox's post in the thread Broken Key of Sands Bug.

Yeah, it erases everyone's key too, not just the requestor.

Jan 25, 2024
  135. Scila replied to the thread Broken Key of Sands Bug.

Thanks that seems cumbersome especially if anybody plans on doing it for 12 months on multiple alts.

Jan 25, 2024
  136. Scila replied to the thread Broken Key of Sands Bug.

It took almost 5 minutes for it to spawn after the update. On another note (maybe not a bug) but do you have to get the key again after you...

Jan 25, 2024
  137. Scila replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

I'm going to agree with both on this one. Asking players to edit files is risky. There are three kinds of players. The ones that know...

Jan 25, 2024
  138. Scila replied to the thread CTD 1-24 x2.

nope win11 - hasn't happened for a very long time - first time since the recent patch

Jan 24, 2024
  139. Scila posted a new thread.

CTD 1-24 x2

Is something going on this morning? I've had both comps ctd x2 in about 30 minutes. No notice, no dropping internet, just straight to...

Jan 24, 2024
  140. Scila replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

It's like an old squared off zone (think Karana, etc.) was used as the starting point for the design and somewhere along the line of...

Jan 24, 2024
  141. Scila liked rahzel44's post in the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

Honestly not sure how more info could be needed. I encounter this every time I exp somewhere with a slanted surface in the area I'm...

Jan 24, 2024
  142. Scila liked Yinla's post in the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

I have the exact same problems on my windows 7 PC as I do on my 6 month old windows 11 laptop (fresh install not copied). They have...

Jan 22, 2024
  143. Scila liked Fanra's post in the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

Sigh. "It works fine for me therefore it should work fine for everyone" - Yes, because everyone who plays EQ has your exact hardware....

Jan 22, 2024
  144. Scila replied to the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

If it were simply old comps and players hanging on, it would be one thing. It isn't.

Jan 21, 2024
  145. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Thanks Svann was just curious. I remember on beta when it happened nothing fixed it until they patched but I could be misremembering....

Jan 21, 2024
  146. Scila replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Have a ? for those with the kaleidoscope ... do you remember getting the white out in the sme spots? Wondering if it's resurfaced as this?

Jan 21, 2024
  147. Scila replied to the thread Laurion's Song Collections!!.

From the stream to the mill - bordering the ravens to the larger hut cluster is where I've been finding the shinies

Jan 21, 2024
  148. Scila replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

But with those other games ... did they onboard a user interface to accommodate or flat out tell their player base to adjust their comp to...

Jan 21, 2024
  149. Scila replied to the thread **FIXES** For Post DX11 Lag, Black shaders, too dark gameplay.

TMBuzzard - Please re-read what I said .... but thank you for educating others. As for my specs, My comp is Win11, meets the top end of...

Jan 21, 2024
  150. Scila liked Neckynec's post in the thread Brightness / Gamma.

The "enhanced vision" slider only changes the brightness for the game window, not the UI. I'm not sure if the devs understand that for a...

Jan 20, 2024
  151. Scila replied to the thread **FIXES** For Post DX11 Lag, Black shaders, too dark gameplay.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I'm done. Nothing has worked for me other than borking up my display for everything else. My specs...

Jan 20, 2024
  152. Scila replied to the thread Overseers xp at 121.

Lets see ... what is that saying ... summed up .... continue to repeat or learn and fix ...

Jan 20, 2024
  153. Scila liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Overseers xp at 121.

It's a known bug that, according to the devs, isn't really a bug...it's just a wonky way the game calculates the xp rewards on certain...

Jan 20, 2024
  154. Scila replied to the thread Overseers xp at 121.

Yes - Friday AM it was 1% - Friday evening it was less - this morning it was less - when they dinged 122 it was back to normal. Not sure...

Jan 20, 2024
  155. Scila replied to the thread **FIXES** For Post DX11 Lag, Black shaders, too dark gameplay.

This didn't do anything for me but thanks for the diligence. I did some research this morning and here's the mugly I've uncovered. DX12 has...

Jan 20, 2024
  156. Scila replied to the thread Overseers xp at 121.

I would accept that ... except ... it was working fine up until last night. Patch was Wednesday.

Jan 20, 2024
  157. Scila posted a new thread.

Overseers xp at 121

As of last night, Overseers xp at 121 on 12-hour runs changed to the same xp (unless that has gotten fixed) to .096 which is/was what...

Jan 20, 2024
  158. Scila replied to the thread **FIXES** For Post DX11 Lag, Black shaders, too dark gameplay.

I didn't delete the client. That's a last resort for anything. I did mess with some of the other options and put my windows gamma back to...

Jan 19, 2024
  159. Scila replied to the thread **FIXES** For Post DX11 Lag, Black shaders, too dark gameplay.

Thank you for this - I messed with these a little and they did help some. Not back to where they were bu better. As a side note, some of...

Jan 19, 2024
  160. Scila replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

I do hope Angel understands we are not upset with the messenger ... only the message. But yes, this has been worked on, we have tried to...

Jan 19, 2024
  161. Scila liked Iven's post in the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

The devs knew that the update will break many things as they got informed about that by the players including me. They were watching this...

Jan 19, 2024
  162. Scila liked Mikana's post in the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

QA for all these things was FREE - we *told* them about all the problems, and still they pushed them out. =/

Jan 19, 2024
  163. Scila liked Shay's post in the thread Brightness / Gamma.

[IMG]That answer is completely unacceptable. Don't bother with instructions on how to screw up your graphics settings on your computer and...

Jan 19, 2024
  164. Scila replied to the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

Veteran BT - the last option you did is the only thing available to some of us and WILL change everything on your comp to allow you to play...

Jan 18, 2024
  165. Scila replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

Here's the sad part. The graphics are awesome. The improvements with DX sharpen everything. The slider does nothing. Fix the slider to...

Jan 18, 2024
  166. Scila replied to the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

Breaking everything in a computer to make one thing work makes no logical sense.

Jan 18, 2024
  167. Scila liked Silvena's post in the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

[IMG] You can't be serious. Telling your player base and customer base that they should just suck it up and alter their out of...

Jan 18, 2024
  168. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Only using base client here ... it's stuttering slightly just running around. The only different thing I have done is change the windows...

Jan 18, 2024
  169. Scila replied to the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

It's gamma at least from what I see. Adjusted the gamma in windows and it's back playable. Shouldn't have to do that and it breaks every...

Jan 18, 2024
  170. Scila replied to the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

I will put this as nicely as I can. DB asks for Beta testers every xpac. We do our best to find bugs and report them with as much detail as...

Jan 18, 2024
  171. Scila replied to the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

Windows controls the display settings ... if you are current. Setting the gamma to be "correct" for everything else creates the dark EQ in...

Jan 18, 2024
  172. Scila replied to the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

There's another thread in the bug forums but this doesn't work. Everything is updated and current on both comps, meets the requirements,...

Jan 17, 2024
  173. Scila replied to the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

We shouldn't have to adjust our personal comps every time we go back and forth from one game or application to another if EQ is the only...

Jan 17, 2024
  174. Scila replied to the thread PERSONA RAGE.

Not that I intend to use persona's ... but ... there was a time when Microsoft's products autosave never worked either. Err on the side of...

Jan 14, 2024
  175. Scila replied to the thread lvl 125 mercs.

old bug - but - they did have them previous to 125

Dec 30, 2023
  176. Scila replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

It's a geometry problem. I've had to put the merc on passive and use the pet to pull it off the spot to be able to do anything other than...

Dec 28, 2023
  177. Scila replied to the thread Possible OOR collection spawn points.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/collectible-in-timorous-falls-under-ground.294673/

Dec 18, 2023
  178. Scila replied to the thread Mercs breaking mez, repeatedly.

It always seems to happen more frequently then I remember to put assist on and it evens out. My chanty has a fit but gets a good workout...

Dec 17, 2023
  179. Scila replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

Category: NPC [Can Repro] Date/Time: Sun Dec 17 07:22:30 2023 Character: Level 123 Druid (Main) Zone: Timorous Falls Location: -2495.49,...

Dec 17, 2023
  180. Scila posted a new thread.

CTD - 12-14 - Pok

I've CTD twice in less than 10 minutes in pok just sitting by the bank ... one account fine 2nd crashes straight to desktop. Both comps...

Dec 14, 2023
  181. Scila replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

Category: NPC [Can Repro] Date/Time: Thu Dec 14 08:29:35 2023 Character: Level 122 Druid (Main) Zone: Timorous Falls Location: -1730.19,...

Dec 14, 2023
  182. Scila liked Kalamos's post in the thread Not A Bug Serene Pluot Fruit Salad Recipe not Combining..

I don't know about making salads in an oven. Sounds nasty lol! It needs to be done in a mixing bowl. EQ Traders has the container wrong...

Dec 12, 2023
  183. Scila replied to the thread Not A Bug Serene Pluot Fruit Salad Recipe not Combining..

Did you try a bowl?

Dec 12, 2023
  184. Scila liked Kalamos's post in the thread Fixed Dried Vanilla Beans.

Dried Vanilla Beans are used in one of the new LS baking recipes, but have a No Trade flag so they cannot be put in the Tradeskill Depot....

Dec 11, 2023
  185. Scila replied to the thread Fixed Dried Vanilla Beans.

Agree - we made the request in beta - it may have slipped through the cracks.

Dec 11, 2023
  186. Scila replied to the thread So ... No One Caught In Beta ....

In their own little world

Dec 8, 2023
  187. Scila replied to the thread So ... No One Caught In Beta ....

It says more "not caught in beta" with understanding what goes on in beta

Dec 7, 2023
  188. Scila liked Barton-Vox's post in the thread So ... No One Caught In Beta ....

Can we please get an unlike button or downvote option for posts. Maybe he is in charge of that area and put himself there ever think of...

Dec 7, 2023
  189. Scila posted a new thread.

Duplicate Collects not 2.0

Collects are gaining at 1.92% not 2.0 - this was reported in beta as a problem at 121 and corrected at lvls after that. Appears to still be...

Forum: Resolved

Dec 5, 2023