Petalonyx's Recent Activity

1. Petalonyx liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Champion's Oath/Reavers Bargin.

I recall the exact opposite statement from beta, so... grains of salt all around. If this is the new vision for these abilities,...

Apr 11, 2024
  2. Petalonyx liked 666DPSweDeliver's post in the thread Don't put high level KOS mobs in low level zones.

Shrug, the good ole days of zoning into trains with mix of live and undead at the entrance to Karnor's Castle, those were fun times.

Apr 11, 2024
  3. Petalonyx liked Covennx's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

From behind no discs just autoattack/autoskill its about 0.96 BS per second, from the front about 0.65 BS per second.

Apr 11, 2024
  4. Petalonyx replied to the thread Short Duration DPS King?.

Mage dps is fine. Not sure why it's even mentioned in a thread on "short duration DPS" because mage is not a short duration/burst dps...

Apr 11, 2024
  5. Petalonyx liked Vaeeldar's post in the thread Short Duration DPS King?.

I do both and these days does either matter if you want to put it like that? LS was a joke. And yes the group game matters -...

Apr 11, 2024
  6. Petalonyx liked Szilent's post in the thread Champion's Oath/Reavers Bargin.

Did you expect Paladin would even click the ability once ever in battle before deriding it?

Apr 11, 2024
  7. Petalonyx liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

You still need to earn the faction same as before when you're first earning the progression AA's, but once you have the AA's earned you...

Apr 9, 2024
  8. Petalonyx liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Rank 1 only, but it looks pretty cool from what I can tell. [IMG] About time you guys finally got something comparable to Reaver's.

Apr 9, 2024
  9. Petalonyx liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Confirmed Tower Shield of Eternal Reverie- Vector of Health.

I ran through all of my logs going back to 2021. Here's a snippet from the last few months showing how many Vector of Health procs I had...

Apr 8, 2024
  10. Petalonyx liked Ultron's post in the thread Confirmed Tower Shield of Eternal Reverie- Vector of Health.

Category: Items [Can Repro] Date/Time: Tue Mar 12 11:07:18 2024 Character: Level 125 Paladin (Main) Zone: Palatial Guild Hall...

Apr 8, 2024
  11. Petalonyx replied to the thread Free lv 100 3box.

Yes. Game will be easy mode, if that's what you are looking for.

Apr 8, 2024
  12. Petalonyx replied to the thread Agro on Servant of Ro pet.

Can confirm. Been broken levels of aggro for a while. Real pain when it taunts raid NPCs off of tanks and onto the silkies that then get...

Apr 3, 2024
  13. Petalonyx liked Vumad's post in the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

Something I did realize tonight is that, I think, if you stay in the same archtype, you can continue leveling your evolvers after you max...

Apr 2, 2024
  14. Petalonyx liked Andarriel's post in the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

Zero have no plans on ever using them what a waste of dev's time.

Apr 2, 2024
  15. Petalonyx replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

1. What's your highest persona? A. None made (Lvl 0). Too many bugs to risk even experimenting with personas. Seems safer every month tho....

Apr 1, 2024
  16. Petalonyx replied to the thread Good 3 PC (+3 merc) group class options.

100% this. I save so much time with mag/dru in my box team. For anyone intending to do quests/progression a lot, it's worth...

Mar 20, 2024
  17. Petalonyx replied to the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

Feels like I just walked into EQ MOMA. Each piece conjures so much feeling. I think i stared at Allayna's pink mushroom for over a minute.

Mar 19, 2024
  18. Petalonyx liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

New ornament is GREAT thanks!! [IMG]

Mar 19, 2024
  19. Petalonyx liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Year of Darkpaw quest has turned GFay into a level 100+ death zone..

No, the skeletons are for YoTD tasks, which means they're gonna be there alll year...long after the anniversary stuff ends.

Mar 19, 2024
  20. Petalonyx liked Arclyte's post in the thread Year of Darkpaw quest has turned GFay into a level 100+ death zone..

better lock your doors, elf scum

Mar 19, 2024
  21. Petalonyx replied to the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

I used the sporali pet for over a year on my druid. In the group game, it actually got me killed a whole bunch because the little bugger...

Mar 12, 2024
  22. Petalonyx liked Szilent's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

is bad. real, real, realbad. Saprophyte Assault summons a lil' guy that casts Saprophyte Strike 7 times, which in turn reflects...

Mar 12, 2024
  23. Petalonyx posted a new thread.

The Dark Reign [Bristlebane]

The Dark Reign [Bristlebane] is recruiting! We are a large, casual, family-friendly guild with lots of friendly folks on Bristlebane...

Forum: Guild Recruitment

Mar 12, 2024
  24. Petalonyx replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I'll just say this: I have had less and less reason to group up with others and kill mobs year after year. It's for multiple reasons, but...

Mar 11, 2024
  25. Petalonyx liked Gialana's post in the thread Not a bugg but..

Rather than forcing a view that many people don't use, it would be better if it kept track of which view was last used and return to that.

Mar 11, 2024
  26. Petalonyx liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Not a bugg but..

Just like it was an awful idea to force people who enjoy playing in full screen to start the game in windowed mode, forcing people to log...

Mar 11, 2024
  27. Petalonyx liked Strawberry's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Current developers don't seem to understand EQ. The magic of EQ was the adventure, the discovery of new zones, the challenge and risk...

Mar 10, 2024
  28. Petalonyx liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

First lets take exp off mobs that folks have enjoyed farming for exp for years. Now replace that with exp off of missions but keep...

Mar 10, 2024
  29. Petalonyx replied to the thread Not A Bug HP decreased.

The answer is probably in the short-term buff window. If it was just HP i'd say you probably got a higher level 10 min Sham/Druid HP buff...

Mar 10, 2024
  30. Petalonyx replied to the thread What to do now.

Find a larger guild on your server that is welcoming new and returning players. They will help answer your questions as you go and may...

Mar 7, 2024
  31. Petalonyx liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Pet taunt not work in Final Fugue mission..

Which is why missions need to be missions and raids need to be raids and one should not just be a scaled down cut & paste of the other.

Mar 7, 2024
  32. Petalonyx replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

This doesn't get highlighted that often. It's much more than tanking, self-healing, burst DPS and sustained DPS where SK outshine...

Mar 1, 2024
  33. Petalonyx liked Tuco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I main changed to a Shadow Knight two expansion ago. The amount of group contribution a shadow knight gives is crazy. Their epic...

Mar 1, 2024
  34. Petalonyx liked Morrigan's post in the thread Fixed Internally Zoning & Relogging Placing Me Under the Map.

I have had multiple issues when zoning or when relogging of the game placing me under the world map. This happened a few times in the guild...

Feb 27, 2024
  35. Petalonyx replied to the thread Fixed Internally Zoning & Relogging Placing Me Under the Map.

Same issue. Since last patch only. Bristlebane server. Aspect of the Brood. I think it was every zone i went to. Even Evac/Succor just...

Feb 27, 2024
  36. Petalonyx replied to the thread Unlucky on luck augs or drop rates messed up.

I get about 50/50 devotee and luck from Bidils raid trash (has varied from about 3 total to 11 total drops, always some of each type).

Feb 20, 2024
  37. Petalonyx liked Captain Video's post in the thread News from The EverQuest Show's whirlwind trip!.

That's where they play Magic during lunch.

Feb 18, 2024
  38. Petalonyx liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread News from The EverQuest Show's whirlwind trip!.

[IMG] Hello Norrathians! I just wanted to give an update about a huge trip that I'm wrapping up. I conducted interviews with Jenn Chan,...

Feb 18, 2024
  39. Petalonyx liked Lodestar's post in the thread News from The EverQuest Show's whirlwind trip!.

Holy smokes, interviewed Jay?! In my world that's as good as an interview with Hans Zimmer or John Williams. I'm stoked to see it. I...

Feb 18, 2024
  40. Petalonyx replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Just playing devil's advocate here for a second. What if it's their goal to disincentivize swarm pets in raid environments by...

Feb 18, 2024
  41. Petalonyx replied to the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

I think you got the more impactful things. Get your evolving items (Ear, Cloak, Neck) maxed out and aug'd appropriately. People freak-out...

Feb 18, 2024
  42. Petalonyx liked alanus's post in the thread Tank Trophies 2024.

I use: Crest of Heroism (LS) Lost Wayfarer's Tent (Anni) Scavenger's Prize (ROS) Rallos Zek's Axe Replica (TOV) Shadow Torchiere (TOL)...

Feb 18, 2024
  43. Petalonyx replied to the thread Tank Trophies 2024.

And, bonus question: Do personas carry the same tribute pool? The same trophies/house?

Feb 11, 2024
  44. Petalonyx posted a new thread.

Tank Trophies 2024

Assuming you have 8 trophy slots, what's your pick? With LS, I'm now looking at whether or not to sub out Trophy of Duality (150 AC, 750...

Forum: Tanks

Feb 11, 2024
  45. Petalonyx replied to the thread Good 3 PC (+3 merc) group class options.

As a no-software 4 box, I'd vote for the option that includes mage. The mage pet tank is great and a nice insurance policy if Main tank...

Feb 9, 2024
  46. Petalonyx replied to the thread Mage Pets.

Pet taunt on and make sure servant rage pets are sent in asap. They have more aggro initially than the mage main pet ( typically) so the...

Feb 7, 2024
  47. Petalonyx replied to the thread idea for casters.

Sign me up! That would be awesome for healing! And save a lot of repetitive stress injury to hands. If it's modeled after melody, it...

Feb 7, 2024
  48. Petalonyx replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Rage pets are an interesting idea. But, I think that could run somewhat against the need to control lag in certain encounters. I'd love...

Feb 1, 2024
  49. Petalonyx replied to the thread Post your Box... and why you like it. (Min 3 toons).

Mage, Mage, Dru, Pal, and healer mercs - very low stress with mage pets tanking, aoe heals galore, and evac option. Love the druid for...

Jan 26, 2024
  50. Petalonyx replied to the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

How often are you out of mana (aside from death)? I find mages fully group geared don't struggle with mana near as much as other casters,...

Jan 25, 2024
  51. Petalonyx replied to the thread Ravening Servant Aggro.

This is a mage skill issue. If mages send early, this can happen. If a mob casts on the mage, the rage pets will charge in. Mages...

Jan 24, 2024
  52. Petalonyx liked Angeliana's post in the thread EverQuest Roadmap 2024.

[IMG] Yearly Development Roadmap The Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest® Celebration is on a roll with so much already going on and so much...

Jan 19, 2024
  53. Petalonyx liked Svann2's post in the thread only 2 missions.

IIUC thats tower missions. We can hope they get better, but the first one was too simple to count as anything imo.

Jan 19, 2024
  54. Petalonyx replied to the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

You can still use Mistwalk while in treeform. :p Getting off topic, but as masters of teleports, Druids and Wizards should get vastly...

Jan 18, 2024
  55. Petalonyx liked fransisco's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

I think it would be fun and flavorful if druids got more tree illusions. They could double down on it. While in tree form, they could have...

Jan 18, 2024
  56. Petalonyx replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

I'm in POK on Bristlebane right now and having this issue on several i'm boxing on same PC. The graphics are eminating from pets that have...

Jan 18, 2024
  57. Petalonyx liked Svann2's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

[IMG] It wasnt like this till I stein ported into pok. radeon 6700xt, win11, 16gb ram, i5 12400, new ui engine on restarting eq fixed it

Jan 18, 2024
  58. Petalonyx liked fransisco's post in the thread only 2 missions.

Its very annoying that there were 2 missions (stripped down raids) and thats it. There was no dev time for actual missions. Just spent a...

Jan 17, 2024
  59. Petalonyx liked Svann2's post in the thread only 2 missions.

I think missions are the funnest part of EQ, and its a crying shame that there arent more of them. Please roll back the time warp machine...

Jan 17, 2024
  60. Petalonyx liked Alkyvret's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

Last year my attitude towards druid being balanced was "if you pretend shamans don't exist, it's pretty fair" regarding our ability to...

Jan 17, 2024
  61. Petalonyx replied to the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Any plans for a bard/enchanter adps archetype mercenary? What about allowing players to hire a 2nd mercenary simultaneously? (This would...

Jan 17, 2024
  62. Petalonyx liked Windance's post in the thread Anniversary Tower ?.

I saw a reference to "Anniversary Tower" in test patch discussion thread. Does anyone have information about it? I'm hoping its not a...

Jan 17, 2024
  63. Petalonyx liked minimind's post in the thread Why lockouts on group content.

If they don't put lockouts, then people farm them non-stop for their rewards (loot and experience both). They would prefer to visit a...

Jan 17, 2024
  64. Petalonyx liked Gallicus's post in the thread Fights with screen shake / motion sickess issues.

For anyone like me suffering from this, a guildmate found a solution! It's not totally ideal, but for fights with heavy or constant screen...

Jan 17, 2024
  65. Petalonyx liked fransisco's post in the thread High Five to the Dev Team!.

Holy cow, pet inventory is on test?!!! I'm not even playing my mage right now and I'm still exstatic about the idea. Thank you soo much...

Jan 11, 2024
  66. Petalonyx liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

For those using the "/pet inventory destroy <slot>" command, you can use either the slot's number (found by using /useitem) or the slot's...

Jan 9, 2024
  67. Petalonyx liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It was always a visual only issue. Mercs level when their owner changes level even without zoning.

Jan 9, 2024
  68. Petalonyx replied to the thread Suggestions for efficient bag layout?.

Have deleted bags under 30 (dozens and dozens). My inventory has the collections and TS mat containers at top, then two overflow bags,...

Jan 5, 2024
  69. Petalonyx replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

This is not much of a concern compared to neck drop RNG/rate (the subject of this thread). If we had necks BEFORE running 100 FF...

Jan 4, 2024
  70. Petalonyx replied to the thread Massive overseer conversion!.

Freeze and wait 5-10 seconds each time I populate agents, start quests, finish quests, and claim rewards. Yes pls to mass convert. I...

Jan 3, 2024
  71. Petalonyx liked Zarkdon's post in the thread Laurions Song... I have to admit - You did good.

Except for the utter lack of missions. Dont take positive feedback as an excuse to drop from 4 missions to 2 missions.

Jan 2, 2024
  72. Petalonyx liked hein's post in the thread Laurions Song... I have to admit - You did good.

I've been playing EQ on and off since Kunark and I have been very critical of the direction of EQ over the past several years. I've hated...

Jan 2, 2024
  73. Petalonyx replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

9 now in 112 missions (8%). Had a dry run of 40+ and a dry run of 30-ish. I've finally got what i need and taking a much-needed mission...

Jan 1, 2024
  74. Petalonyx replied to the thread Does anyone think LS is hard?.

Aside from 1 mission, it is probably the easiest expansion in recent memory. That 1 mission is hard, but doable (I can now alt tab box it...

Dec 27, 2023
  75. Petalonyx liked Cicelee's post in the thread Devs, can you explain personas please?.

For the 734,982nd time... IMHO alternate personas are great for players who want to main change/create an alt and do not want to take the...

Dec 26, 2023
  76. Petalonyx liked Tuco's post in the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

Oof, that sucks! If it's a 5% drop rate, 12% of people will go 41 missions without seeing it drop.

Dec 23, 2023
  77. Petalonyx liked Tatanka's post in the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

No, it's really not. Some stats help DPS, some HPs, some mana, some avoidance, some mitigation. And they all work together in...

Dec 21, 2023
  78. Petalonyx replied to the thread Final Fugue: Firethorn's Firebarbs triggering too often.

Anyone have a list of the classes that can instantly remove the mana drain effect with their own mana drain? I'll start. Paladin - LVL 47...

Dec 21, 2023
  79. Petalonyx liked fransisco's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

2 missions, both of which are stripped down raids. The second is soo bad that it doesnt even have the bug fixes of the actual raid....

Dec 20, 2023
  80. Petalonyx liked fransisco's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

This. Too much content is focused on raiding. Not saying raiders shouldn't get content, but there is a limited amount of dev time. Far...

Dec 20, 2023
  81. Petalonyx liked jeskola's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

Block all 3rd party apps, no exceptions, and merge the remaining players onto one server.

Dec 20, 2023
  82. Petalonyx replied to the thread type 18/19 augs.

If proc augs didnt have lore groups, casters would still be using the TBL 4. Or at least TBL 3 if they needed one of the critical focus...

Dec 20, 2023
  83. Petalonyx liked Muramx's post in the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

Took about 4 attempts figure it out but did it with 2 necros, 1 mage, 1 ranger, 1 shaman, and a healer merc. All level 123 with a mixture...

Dec 20, 2023
  84. Petalonyx replied to the thread Final Fugue: Firethorn's Firebarbs triggering too often.

I think I've removed it with mana drains on Necro. Try a mana drain? NPC tank, pet tank, or with PC tank, mana recovery tools, and dps...

Dec 20, 2023
  85. Petalonyx replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

Total currency divided by 135 = Missions completed. Unless you bought stuff... which many won't until after 125.

Dec 18, 2023
  86. Petalonyx replied to the thread no evolving necks final fuge.

40 missions and just got my first. Drop rate is a bit low IMO. Be done with Type 5 augs a few times over by the time it's done and will...

Dec 17, 2023
  87. Petalonyx liked Zeelot's post in the thread Acolyte's Casting Ice of Legacies Lost.

This new aug has the exact same damage proc as the Rallos Zek aug from many expansions back. This seems like an oversight. Edit: The...

Dec 12, 2023
  88. Petalonyx replied to the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

Finally, i understand what's going on. (Part of the issue is these weird things all happen at the end of the mission, after spider...

Dec 12, 2023
  89. Petalonyx liked Spacemonkey555's post in the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

That's what the forge golem blocks if you complete the Cinerarium and activate him. The people outside his aura kiting sonic bangs still...

Dec 12, 2023
  90. Petalonyx liked Tuco's post in the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

I'm trying to figure out what the AE is that I took at 5:26 was, since I didn't fail the aura. If it's just an intermittent AE that's fine,...

Dec 12, 2023
  91. Petalonyx replied to the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

Sounds like an exploit that activates Shalowain early somehow.

Dec 12, 2023
  92. Petalonyx replied to the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

Thanks for consolidating this, Tucoh! I haven't beaten it yet. The major issue I have is with Shalowain and the aoe. Once we realized we...

Dec 8, 2023
  93. Petalonyx liked Szilent's post in the thread Egg sacs, feedback.

The mission proceeds with no hiccups without ever attacking an egg sac.

Dec 6, 2023
  94. Petalonyx liked Alkyvret's post in the thread Druid Blessing of Ro AA wrong level.

Not sure if this is the right place for this: The druid AA Blessing of Ro has historically been on the "minor" level and triggered a spell...

Dec 5, 2023
  95. Petalonyx replied to the thread Spells.

Buy it on your alternate persona?

Dec 4, 2023
  96. Petalonyx replied to the thread Boxed Group for Missions.

Am i the only one who doesn't split up to kill Mean Street Illusions when killing the real jak? It works just fine to sit thru it with his...

Nov 29, 2023
  97. Petalonyx replied to the thread Advantage of AP.

"94 ranks of Hero's Fortitude and Vitality actually adds a LOT to your top end." 94 ranks of HF adds 78 AC and 940 attack, total. The...

Nov 27, 2023
  98. Petalonyx replied to the thread Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone.

The community has a lot of cool ideas. I'm not sure how we ended up with Alt Personas, especially with the resources and risks associated...

Nov 27, 2023
  99. Petalonyx liked yodo's post in the thread AP and maxing AP (and who made these acronyms the same?).

We don't know if/how tinkering, poison and alchemy will be shared yet. Leveling them on an AP might not have any effect on the Artisan's...

Nov 27, 2023
  100. Petalonyx posted a new thread.

AP and maxing AP (and who made these acronyms the same?)

So, if I want to max the Artisan's Prize (AP) on my main and it takes only a couple weeks to PL an Alternate Persona (AP2)... ...should i...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Nov 27, 2023
  101. Petalonyx replied to the thread Boxed Group for Missions.

Mage-mage-dru-pal. I can do them all. I don't use any programs, not even maps. Alt tab from one screen. Group gear except CoV raid pet...

Nov 27, 2023
  102. Petalonyx replied to the thread viable team for all expansions?.

Yep, can do it all easily. I run Mage-Mage-Dru-Pal and works well on all end-game stuff. Play the paladin as a 2H cleric mostly...

Nov 26, 2023
  103. Petalonyx replied to the thread What's the deal with the horrible experience per kill.

As others have pointed out. Something is wrong. It does not take 50 mobs to get 1% exp. Are you fighting the 'weak' con mobs? I found...

Nov 17, 2023
  104. Petalonyx liked Metanis's post in the thread Good use of Dev time? Personas vs. real improvements!.

The last few years there have been literally thousands of suggestion and complaint posts. For just one example the problem with pet procs...

Nov 16, 2023