OldTimeEQ1's Recent Activity

1. OldTimeEQ1 liked Brickhaus's post in the thread Anniversary Tower Door 4 is unlocked!.

Pssst ... probably because they haven't finished the "mission" yet ... but shhh, don't tell anyone else. It's pretty clear the tower...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:28 PM
  2. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

Uhh what? No? Guilds get plenty of gear without buying it from "kronoboys". I feel like this is yet another person who has no idea...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:23 PM
  3. OldTimeEQ1 liked Erekai's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

Tormax will be a ghost town.

4. OldTimeEQ1 liked Atomos's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

I mean originally expansions lasted around a year, but TLPs last 2-3 months. If you wanted things to scale properly with the length of...

5. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Teek & Tormax - Bring Back Coin Weight.

Of all the things to ask for, coin weight is an odd choice. You should ask for them to bring back ability to make words with coins on the...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:21 PM
  6. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread favorite race.

Anyone who posts / posted Gnome, should report their own post. GNOMES MUST DIE! GNOMORE!

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:15 PM
  7. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Hello everyone. I'm new to Everquest.

As a new player to EQ, I would suggest mage as first char. A powerful class, not hard to get groups, good pet and not too demanding like...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:14 PM
  8. OldTimeEQ1 liked Risiko's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I want Kunark start, so does that mean I am not part of "nobody" or... hmmm does that make me somebody since I am not part of nobody....

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:05 PM
  9. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Almost all of POP is locked behind raid progression. It's not accessible in the slightest. POP not being accessible has nothing to do...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:48 AM
  10. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

This change affects noone, really. Definitely not the PLers. They will just adapt and continue their business, just like they did with...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:48 AM
  11. OldTimeEQ1 liked Jojogo's post in the thread Teek TLP FTE.

fte is a failed mechanic dead with oak, time to find another dead game to play. Bye

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:30 AM
  12. OldTimeEQ1 liked Yinla's post in the thread Teek TLP FTE.

Pleased FTE is not on Teek. :)

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:30 AM
  13. OldTimeEQ1 liked Atomos's post in the thread Server locked krono.

Krono is one of the reasons that this game is even still running today. You start getting rid of things like that, just what are you going...

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:29 AM
  14. OldTimeEQ1 liked Atomos's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

I used to be one of those people that had never played past PoP. I went to FFXI and WoW and never really came back to Live EQ. I tried to...

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:29 AM
  15. OldTimeEQ1 liked Fanra's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

https://xkcd.com/303/ [IMG]

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:03 PM
  16. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Huh? POP in era was considered one of the least accessible expansions ever created. It's only now on TLPs - assisted by knowledge, power...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:59 PM
  17. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

You should give Teek a shot. That ruleset is far more fun than it sounds. I felt the same way like you about Mischief, but tried it...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:58 PM
  18. OldTimeEQ1 liked Soriano's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

The enormous queues were the pandemic. The sheer number of available players in early 2020 will never be repeated.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:57 PM
  19. OldTimeEQ1 liked Arclyte's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

People that disliked the 2 box rule on Aradune will claim it was only successful because of the "pandemic" in bad faith. I'd say it...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:56 PM
  20. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Teek TLP FTE.

You are late to the party. This horse has been beaten to death, buried, exhumed and beaten again. You can see threads on this in the first...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:54 PM
  21. OldTimeEQ1 liked Numiko's post in the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

You can always tell people who have not played EQ for a few years. :rolleyes: And really ZEM is just one part of the equation, it's the...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:51 PM
  22. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

Not I. Why ride a 25 year old moped which I have many many times, when I can drive a new fancy scooter!

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:10 PM
  23. OldTimeEQ1 liked Chopsuey's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

There is no comparison between the 2 rulesets for fun per hour. They say they made Tormax based off of how popular Aradune was but...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:09 PM
  24. OldTimeEQ1 liked Zansobar's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

I don't think the pandemic had much to do with it. Aradune was advertised as a Paid GM that was going to enforce the rules and actively...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:09 PM
  25. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I've made halfling and woodelf druids.

Also for good races, classes, bandit sashes are decent play and faction also! You get 2 to 3 PP per sash turn in (includes selling the...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:08 PM
  26. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I've made halfling and woodelf druids.

The big problem with Blackburrow is utter lack of "rare" mobs, compared to similar newbie dungeons, which is important on Teal. Qeynos...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:06 PM
  27. OldTimeEQ1 liked code-zero's post in the thread Server locked krono.

Is there a secret section of the Marketplace where I can buy better than in game gear for DBC? That's what pay-to-win is, not in...

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:03 PM
  28. OldTimeEQ1 liked code-zero's post in the thread Server locked krono.

I'm beginning to suspect that some people think that there are actual Krono farmers camping mobs that have a rare drop of Krono

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:03 PM
  29. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

I might buy personas just play an ogre shaman and exp in Qeynos area (best newbie dungeon in MMO history is there - Blackburrow! That, and...

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:02 PM
  30. OldTimeEQ1 liked Numiko's post in the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

It was more of a reset. Some dev investigated why the exp was so good there and a few other zones and found the reason was because of...

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:01 PM
  31. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Name Reservation FAQ 8 days away and crickets.

I expect some post on 23rd or 24th. Expecting an advance FAQ etc. just means you haven't been playing EQ long enough - Lower your...

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:00 PM
  32. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Teek and Tormax could use a couple tweeks.

They aren't comparable. EQ was developed basically as a startup and its peak population was about 500k. WoW was released over a half...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:41 AM
  33. OldTimeEQ1 liked Larsen's post in the thread Teek & Tormax - Bring Back Coin Weight.

Strange thing to be pining for. Of all the non-classic stuff that's on TLPs these days, this one is surely at the very bottom of the list...

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:55 AM
  34. OldTimeEQ1 liked Numiko's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

No need for open world stuff or splitting on a random loot server, you will be swimming in gear after a few weeks. I feel sorry for the...

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:53 AM
  35. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Clarification on 200 day name reservation please. That name or any name?.

I have a feeling it will be a command you do on the char whose name you want to reserve. This will reserve that character name, if it...

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:29 PM
  36. OldTimeEQ1 liked Flatchy's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

Its ok to admit what you tried did not work as planned and go back to the way things were. You dont learn if you dont fail from time to...

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:04 PM
  37. OldTimeEQ1 liked Weathervane's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Statement of fact: Ragefire was not a fun server to play on. Incorrect assumption: Truebox solved the issues that plagued Ragefire....

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:56 PM
  38. OldTimeEQ1 liked Lodestar's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

So what you're saying is that if it's not Skynet, then it's not AI? Insightful as always.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:52 PM
  39. OldTimeEQ1 liked error's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

If there's one thing EverQuest is known for it's being an early adopter of new technologies. Just look at how fast they jumped on DX11.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:51 PM
  40. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

I heard even King Tormax is wondering if he should even spawn on the TLP coming up in his name, as there won't be anyone to fight him :P

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:50 PM
  41. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Please stay on Oakwynd, the only server - as of now - with FTE. FTE is irrelevant to the upcoming TLPs, as they don't have FTE (I know...

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:48 PM
  42. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Whoosh

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:45 PM
  43. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

Lighten up, Francis. This isn't some new and unknown ruleset we are talking about. No one was locking down all the camps on...

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:43 PM
  44. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Another 3-Box Help Request Thread.

Unless you have very bad groups, or last played 20 years ago you don't wipe due to lack of snare in lguk or seb.

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:47 PM
  45. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Another 3-Box Help Request Thread.

Didn't have issues really with runners in those. On DoDH maybe one instance but even then, unlike old days where no snarer meant sure...

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:45 PM
  46. OldTimeEQ1 liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

[IMG]

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:43 PM
  47. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Shh! There are guilds on TLPs doing 25 year old content who consider themselves top-end, cutting-edge and competitive and do split raids!...

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:20 AM
  48. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

I don't see how FTE matters for top end guilds seeing how all content on live is already instanced.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:19 AM
  49. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Yes and the whole system is on Oakwynd, and not on the upcoming TLPs - so FTE is irrelevant to the upcoming TLPs. (Unless something...

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:03 AM
  50. OldTimeEQ1 liked coltongrundy's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

would you rather have someone sit on your group while you clear PHs just so they can tag the named as soon as it spawns and you have no...

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:51 AM
  51. OldTimeEQ1 liked Fizon's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

How often do you really encounter this. I can think of twice in over 5 years it's happened to me and one of the times was a guy who...

52. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

We don't need another thread about FTE, just as DPG decided we don't need another server with it. This thread is about OW targets. Who...

53. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Open World target "DPS" racing still a thing? Heh.

Apr 14, 2024 at 7:49 AM
  54. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Another 3-Box Help Request Thread.

Sadly, thanks to player power creep, snare kinda lost its value a while ago. When was the last time a running mob brought a train? For me,...

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:17 PM
  55. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread where yall getting your info?.

Teek will be an absolute blast, and even more fun for you if you didn't play on mischief. the random loot and free trade refreshingly...

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:16 PM
  56. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Server locked krono.

For the eleven thousandth time - RMT existed since EQ released (and before EQ actually - UO had it too!). So there ALWAYS was a dollar...

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:11 PM
  57. OldTimeEQ1 liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread Server locked krono.

I don't understand the premise. Why do people dislike Krono? It's something that you dont ever have to interact with if you don't want to....

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:08 PM
  58. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Kunark is a self-contained expansion (think the next one was TSS years and years later?) where you can level to max level without leaving...

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:03 PM
  59. OldTimeEQ1 liked GRACUS's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

This has been the issue since day 1 of Truebox and still nothing has been done about it. Yet here we are complaining how it will ruin EQ...

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:59 PM
  60. OldTimeEQ1 liked Intercept's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

The issue isn't people boxing 2-6 toons, the issue is single people boxing 30+ toons. If nothing is done about it then this game will...

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:58 PM
  61. OldTimeEQ1 liked Windance's post in the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

What's your highest persona? - zero Roughly how many hours did it take to get to that level? - zero Did you use a heroic character for...

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:28 PM
  62. OldTimeEQ1 liked Evertrek's post in the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

0. this feature should be removed and any personas spunoff into alts. no clue who came up with this brain-fart feature at this point, it's...

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:27 PM
  63. OldTimeEQ1 liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:25 PM
  64. OldTimeEQ1 liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

If you take out the stuff about events that happen EVERY SINGLE FREAKING YEAR that they treat like breaking news, it's probably like 5%...

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:23 PM
  65. OldTimeEQ1 liked LostSoul's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

Glad FTE is gone, stopped playing oakwynd because of it. Before you ask, yes i did give oakwynd a fair shake, i have a level 60 on the...

66. OldTimeEQ1 liked kizant's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

What I like about FTE is that I can pull mobs from peoples camps in a crowded zone and they can't do anything about it.

67. OldTimeEQ1 liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Everquest is pretty much unchanged towards boxers - been boxing EQ since 2003.

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:19 PM
  68. OldTimeEQ1 liked Demetri's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

My experience with Sebilis would disagree with you. I would often cycle 5-10 picks to find a single one where top floor was available....

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:15 PM
  69. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Server locked krono.

What I don't get is the irrational Krono-hate,, as if it is the root-cause of all evils. RMT has been around since 1999. There was news...

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:45 AM
  70. OldTimeEQ1 liked code-zero's post in the thread Server locked krono.

I do not understand why anyone would think that changes that would affect Krono on all servers for 4 different games should be made for the...

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:38 AM
  71. OldTimeEQ1 liked Strawberry's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Just to prove my point. The designers of OOW/DoN/DoD/TSS made EQ look like a fantastical dreamworld, like a trip to Tomorrowland. The...

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:22 AM
  72. OldTimeEQ1 liked Strawberry's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

I think it's mostly nostalgia, many people quit after GoD and they are unfamiliar with post-GoD content. The expansions directly after...

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:21 AM
  73. OldTimeEQ1 liked Geran's post in the thread where yall getting your info?.

thank you, and oh man time to find a guild on teek sounds amazing

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:20 AM
  74. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Discord has killed reading chat skills in MMOs. I am playing DAoC Eden now (an amazing private server which brings back DAOC nostalgia from...

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:19 AM
  75. OldTimeEQ1 liked Vumad's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Everyone always talks about EQ graphics as if MineCraft is not one of the largest franchises in the world. Graphics sell games. Content...

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:17 AM
  76. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Very true. I don't think Verant told the Ad Agency that we EQ players are mostly models and stunningly good looking people...:P

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:28 AM
  77. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

All that and you left out the key skill we all have: top of the field when it comes to programming, or anything tech related....

Apr 12, 2024
  78. OldTimeEQ1 liked Bilderov's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

That advert nowadays would have the tagline... "He's not even allowed to grind!"

Apr 12, 2024
  79. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Raiders last through PoP (unless they get burnt out - some guilds go nuts raiding 3 or 4 days a week, and there is only so much 25 minute...

Apr 12, 2024
  80. OldTimeEQ1 liked code-zero's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

It's partly factions, partly travel, but mostly because casual gamers can't stay engaged well enough to actually continue. Early in...

Apr 12, 2024
  81. OldTimeEQ1 liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Pretty sure it's just kind of a neat video, not a suggestion of something to implement in actual EQ. Some of you are incapable of forum...

Apr 12, 2024
  82. OldTimeEQ1 liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

One person. Not one studio. One person did this. Zoneless Classic Everquest Antonica Run... now in Unreal! [media]

Apr 12, 2024
  83. OldTimeEQ1 liked Candystore's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

At least as interesting as the graphical remaster he did, is the fact he made the world seamless. Imagine TSS being one giant seamless...

Apr 12, 2024
  84. OldTimeEQ1 liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I hope not because I think its overall a bad change. Ultimately my stake in the fight is over though as long as Teek stays the way it...

Apr 12, 2024
  85. OldTimeEQ1 liked Khanfu's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I think it is a good thing that the 25th servers are not utilizing FTE. I don't believe the large open world guilds like RI, Faceless,...

Apr 12, 2024
  86. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

Permafrost king was camped a lot on Mischief during classic - as it had 4 named spawns in one spot all lvl 30/31 so can drop DE mask,...

Apr 12, 2024
  87. OldTimeEQ1 liked Arclyte's post in the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

they make medication to help with that

Apr 12, 2024
  88. OldTimeEQ1 liked Candystore's post in the thread Increase Xp rates for Teek and Tormax.

The problem isn't the xp rate, it is the need some players feel to keep up with others. Increasing xp won't change that, the desire to...

Apr 12, 2024
  89. OldTimeEQ1 liked Zansobar's post in the thread Increase Xp rates for Teek and Tormax.

I'm good with a normal xp rate. It's worked fine for many many TLPs.

Apr 12, 2024
  90. OldTimeEQ1 liked MMOer's post in the thread Increase Xp rates for Teek and Tormax.

Id take normal exp. Perfect rate. IMO the bonus for the Holiday on server release always speeds up the grouping content way too much.

Apr 12, 2024
  91. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

You sure you want magazine Ad like this one from 2001/2002 or so? :p Guildmate posted this a bit ago in our Discord ! Check out the tag...

Apr 12, 2024
  92. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

I think next year, they should have a separate post on TLP announcement, as the producer letter gets responses only around TLP and other...

Apr 11, 2024
  93. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Forget getting the name wrong. Stop watching movies at 3 AM! :-P

Apr 11, 2024
  94. OldTimeEQ1 liked ttobey's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I'd be terrified it would show up on the USA Channel every night at 3 am right after that Ray Liotta movie No Way Out!

Apr 11, 2024
  95. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Character Birthdays.

Gnomes are a bald blight on the lands of Norrath, and they should be eradicated! A naked gnome is an abomination of levels no words in...

Apr 11, 2024
  96. OldTimeEQ1 liked Appren's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Atomos speaks the truth - and he doesn't even have a single alt, or trader mule, and for sure no boxes, so you know he isn't one of the...

Apr 11, 2024
  97. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

If you don't spend time in Blackburrow, you are missing out on the greatest newbie dungeon of all time! The ambience, sounds, zone design...

Apr 11, 2024
  98. OldTimeEQ1 liked Hamshire's post in the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

1. People say they like Tormax but 99% of them would like Tormax more if it was a Teek clone. 2. Only two guilds as of this post have been...

Apr 11, 2024
  99. OldTimeEQ1 liked itiswhatitis's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

Aradune was only popular because everyone was locked in there homes for covid.

Apr 11, 2024
  100. OldTimeEQ1 liked Cfuson's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

It's very fun. Regardless of what people say mischief was their most popular TLP ever and finally we are getting it again.

Apr 11, 2024
  101. OldTimeEQ1 liked Cfuson's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

They already answered this on discord, the dev said that the way random loot is coded means that it will work the same way it did on...

Apr 11, 2024
  102. OldTimeEQ1 liked Raytheon's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

You guys really dropped the ball on making something special for the 25th anniversary. It's sort of a no-brainer from a business...

Apr 11, 2024
  103. OldTimeEQ1 liked Narvakhan's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

I have to say, you did good for 50%. You just guaranteed Tormax is DOA. You are putting up a mischief clone against an Aradune clone. No...

Apr 11, 2024
  104. OldTimeEQ1 liked Angeliana's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

There will not be Encounter Locking on either server.

Apr 11, 2024
  105. OldTimeEQ1 liked jeskola's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

They bailed on dedicated GM support before it even started. never gave us the introductions promised or mentioned it ever again. 2box was...

Apr 11, 2024
  106. OldTimeEQ1 liked Baulkin's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

I like the Teek ruleset... Tormax is a Mangler clone, not an Aradune clone. No stricter boxing rules or GM support.

Apr 11, 2024
  107. OldTimeEQ1 liked Jojogo's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Dps races didn't happen because the server was dead due to FTE. FTE is broken and not fit for eq. Sure a one off dead server. One and done....

Apr 11, 2024
  108. OldTimeEQ1 liked Atomos's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Of course it was. It's way easier to farm krono while boxing on a truebox server than it is to farm krono while boxing on a boxing...

Apr 10, 2024
  109. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Any thoughts on why FTE is not in either of the upcoming TLPs?

Apr 10, 2024
  110. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

Making an "Aradune ruleset" server in 2024 when none of the factors which resulted in Aradune's populaion exist: playerbase stuck at home...

Apr 10, 2024
  111. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

What has this got to do with some poll? All I am saying is a doorknob knows which is going to be the more popular server (in terms...

Apr 10, 2024
  112. OldTimeEQ1 liked Celatusp99's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

Random with out bonus would be kinda crappy.

Apr 10, 2024
  113. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Server locked krono.

What original thoughts? This is a TLP forums. By definition we want nothing new, and want to "experience" old stuff we already have...

Apr 10, 2024
  114. OldTimeEQ1 liked MileyVyrus's post in the thread Server locked krono.

Yup, its amazing how many people are willing to play Everquest for free. It's quite the tried and true business model.

Apr 10, 2024
  115. OldTimeEQ1 liked Atomos's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

There isn't enough to do in Vanilla EQ. Kunark is the peak of early EQ, since you still do EVERYTHING in Vanilla in Kunark. Not to...

Apr 10, 2024
  116. OldTimeEQ1 liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I dont know why they would bring it back. It's not needed in any way. I kind of wish they had done Tormax with same ruleset but have...

Apr 10, 2024
  117. OldTimeEQ1 liked code-zero's post in the thread Server locked krono.

The OP makes assertions with no proof. Everyone does not know The real reason for the drop in population is the recyclers leaving when...

Apr 10, 2024
  118. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Server locked krono.

LOL!! To say that about the folks on this forum. Hilarious. You are definitely reading far more emotion into this than is...

Apr 10, 2024
  119. OldTimeEQ1 liked Celatusp99's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Or the reasons I gave about it being highly exploitable for profit and grief. I know for sure as of today and I'm sorry if that does...

Apr 10, 2024
  120. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

What is your char name on Oakwynd? Mine is Meleegibson (barbarian shaman). Can you post the /played screenshot also?

Apr 10, 2024
  121. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I played on Oakwynd till a month ago. The 1,2 gut punches of the legacy AA exp not working for a month + depot bug wrecked its economy and...

Apr 10, 2024
  122. OldTimeEQ1 liked Soriano's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I am not playing on Teek or Tormax....I actually like FTE....Oakwynd is my last server and it will not last past June because there...

Apr 10, 2024
  123. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

But I didn't say a vanilla server. I said Teek + No Truebox is what they are calling for, as compared to Teek + FTE that xxar wants....

Apr 10, 2024
  124. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Server locked krono.

I've said it on the first 3,000 threads that popped up suggesting this idea. Imagine if OP used the search tool and found some replies...

Apr 10, 2024
  125. OldTimeEQ1 liked Celatusp99's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

WIll bring people like me back too whom have not played since like a month into oakwynd

Apr 10, 2024
  126. OldTimeEQ1 liked Bartholomo's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

did this guy just recommend random loot without free trade? I dont know if you thought that through properly, but without the free trade...

Apr 10, 2024
  127. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

Why do we need a poll though? Anyone who has played since Ragefire knows Teak will be overpopulated, Tormax will crater in a few months or...

Apr 10, 2024
  128. OldTimeEQ1 liked GnomeGnomeGnome's post in the thread Clarification on 200 day name reservation please. That name or any name?.

People seem to be overthinking this a lot. If you have 200 days played, you can reserve that name only. Then they lower the threshold to...

Apr 10, 2024
  129. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Why this change now though? Is some encounter in latest expansion made cheesy due to PBAE?

Apr 10, 2024
  130. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

Interesting issue. Can you give a couple of examples, say from Mischief? I never encountered this on Mischief, so curious to see what...

Apr 10, 2024
  131. OldTimeEQ1 liked xxar's post in the thread Server locked krono.

That made no sense , add something constructive to the conversation perhaps. I am just 1 person and can do 100's I know people that...

Apr 9, 2024
  132. OldTimeEQ1 liked NuffanTuit's post in the thread Server locked krono.

Bait and Switch is illegal and a EULA will not get you around that.

Apr 9, 2024
  133. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

What is to be seen is how bad/long the queues are going to be on Teak, and whether the name reservation does really have any beneficial...

Apr 9, 2024
  134. OldTimeEQ1 liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

It's pretty obvious Teek is going to be a banger. Every indication is that it will be extremely populated. Very few people love FTE so...

Apr 9, 2024
  135. OldTimeEQ1 liked Indigo_Quarmite's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Your primary issue is you use the server status to assess population. That is fine. Clearly you never played another TLP. If you...

Apr 9, 2024
  136. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Server locked krono.

It's never going to happen. These threads need to stop showing up.

Apr 9, 2024
  137. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Server locked krono.

I will bite. Can you expand on the "factual reality"? Genuinely curious now. Of course there is insufficient rationale as everyone knows...

Apr 9, 2024
  138. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Server locked krono.

I think the anti-krono crowd really have a lot of sand to bury their heads in. Just when you think the "rationale" could not get any more...

Apr 9, 2024
  139. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Server locked krono.

No. This thread is pointless, they will never change krono. Just forget about krono, it is what it is and it will never change.

Apr 9, 2024
  140. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Why are people having a stroke over FTE. (1) FTE is done. Finished. Stick a fork in it. Game over - the stadium is empty, no need to...

Apr 9, 2024
  141. OldTimeEQ1 liked Celatusp99's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

True I did not like it I did not have the power to kill it on my own though. Tons left before kunark and your blind if you did not see...

Apr 9, 2024
  142. OldTimeEQ1 liked Indigo_Quarmite's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Why didn't dupes killing live with the old school brewing debacle? Ragefire/Lockjaw managed fine after the great plat/item dupe...

Apr 9, 2024
  143. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Started a new Mage on Mischief....

Till 70 you just needed the journeyman merc who slaps all mobs silly most of the time?

Apr 9, 2024
  144. OldTimeEQ1 liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

'Least toxic server population' are the 'hardest exploiters ruining an economy.' It's an interesting contradiction to back yourself into....

Apr 9, 2024
  145. OldTimeEQ1 liked Chopsuey's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I do not get this take. You say the game outside of raiding gets really flat. The game doesn't really have much content outside of...

Apr 9, 2024
  146. OldTimeEQ1 liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

PoP isn't server death first off, LDoN following PoP is, thats why they need to be combined. Gates Omens and the 70s "slog" is the best...

Apr 9, 2024
  147. OldTimeEQ1 liked TLP Addict's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Only read the first 10 or so replies...nuff said OP got shot down hard. [IMG]

Apr 9, 2024
  148. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I have, on Combine, Phinegel, and Mischief. Phinegel didnt lost 1/2 the population during GoD. Why do we make up random %s like this....

Apr 9, 2024
  149. OldTimeEQ1 liked Laberintica77's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I personally love the level 70++ , Oow++ modern eq. There's no Myth about servers diminishing after Planes of Power. Have you...

Apr 9, 2024
  150. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Legacy exp not working for almost a month for AAs once luclin launched, and then the week+ of depo bug was a 1,2 punch from which Oakwynd...

Apr 8, 2024
  151. OldTimeEQ1 liked xxar's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

It's not what it should be , you are correct. That is because everyone quit , not due to FTE but because the server was hit with back...

Apr 8, 2024
  152. OldTimeEQ1 liked Celatusp99's post in the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

Thats why its a running joke, along with FTE now.

Apr 8, 2024
  153. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

LOL. You sweet summer child, once again speaking of things you don't understand, You can't compare the populations today, you have...

Apr 8, 2024
  154. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

And? You could camp the Ghoul Lord for hours upon hours on a regular server and get nothing but hats. At least this way you might...

Apr 8, 2024
  155. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

... ..... ........ Yeah. Sure. You are smarter than that, stop being obtuse. You knew what I meant and you know what people who...

Apr 8, 2024
  156. OldTimeEQ1 liked Yinla's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

FTE never worked properly on Test prior to Oakwynd launch and broke many mechanics. All of the negative posts you saw were all true....

Apr 8, 2024
  157. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Why does this urban myth about pop being "death of the server" continue being parroted by people? Just because some people refuse to play...

Apr 8, 2024
  158. OldTimeEQ1 liked toasty4800's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

You clearly don't understand it if you think level 100 and the crappy gear they give you is impactful in anyway to the gameplay....

Apr 8, 2024
  159. OldTimeEQ1 liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

If I were going to move to one of the new servers, I'd be more excited for a Kunark start than Classic. If the start were further down the...

Apr 8, 2024
  160. OldTimeEQ1 liked Dalyrina's post in the thread Random Loot and/or Free Trade: Does it change your choice of main?.

Always a fascinating read where people post their theorycrafted ideas of how Mischief played out, while also quickly exposing themselves of...

Apr 8, 2024
  161. OldTimeEQ1 liked Fideles's post in the thread Random Loot and/or Free Trade: Does it change your choice of main?.

Mischief was the most fun EQ server I ever played on. And that was the most important thing about it. No one is forcing anyone else to...

Apr 8, 2024
  162. OldTimeEQ1 liked MMOer's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Hi Nobody. Check my post history...Think I have been asking for a kunark start for about 5-7 years.

Apr 8, 2024
  163. OldTimeEQ1 liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

So for the ones keeping score. TLDR the OP was wrong and most do want Kunark start! We're all as shocked as you are.

Apr 8, 2024
  164. OldTimeEQ1 liked Search and Rescue's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Hell no, classic sucks (Was amazing 25 years ago, now it's an ancient nightmare boring grind) Everyone wants a Kunark start, capped...

Apr 8, 2024
  165. OldTimeEQ1 liked Raytheon's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Kunark start is an absolute win. They should have started doing this way back when they started the 3/2 expansion unlock cadence. Now all...

Apr 8, 2024
  166. OldTimeEQ1 liked Larsen's post in the thread Can We Swap Server Names Around Please?.

Come on, man. "Teek got the ruleset everyone was begging for while the other server is a nothingburger vanilla TLP that nobody is excited...

Apr 8, 2024
  167. OldTimeEQ1 liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

They've been putting their feet up on live too. 2 missions? It's an insult to have such meager amounts of content for a community who has...

Apr 8, 2024
  168. OldTimeEQ1 liked Skuz's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

While copy-pasting of a prior server is a lazy zero-effort move for the 25th anniversary that should have had some real special-sauce added...

Apr 8, 2024
  169. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I am really looking forward to KUNARK start. After many TLPs doing classic for 2 to 3 months, it is now as much fun as stubbing my toe!...

Apr 8, 2024
  170. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

Meh, most kronos have been floating around for ages, just getting passed around. I have had mine for 5-6 years. Mine actually came...

Apr 8, 2024
  171. OldTimeEQ1 liked Crackers's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

No one wants to play on a server where you're queued up for 50% of your playtime. Teek will be too populated. I'm all for high...

Apr 8, 2024
  172. OldTimeEQ1 liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Name reservation?.

First person to get Richgirl and its adjectives guaranteed to hit the krono jackpot on day 1 ;p

Apr 8, 2024
  173. OldTimeEQ1 replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Good point. I haven't logged into Oakwynd for a bit over a month now I plan to log in sometime this week and parcel guildie.all my...

Apr 7, 2024
  174. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Mischief wasn't the first FT server after FV. Quarm was... Then there was Brekt, also FT.

Apr 7, 2024
  175. OldTimeEQ1 liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

Even after Oakwynd flopped and they dropped FTE these pro FTE people swear its the best thing to ever happen to the game. There was...

Apr 7, 2024
  176. OldTimeEQ1 liked Litoeon's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

Speak for yourself - I'll take ANYTHING other than a classic start

Apr 7, 2024
  177. OldTimeEQ1 liked Kahna's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I want a Kunark start. Super excited about leveling in Kunark zones. Iksar Necro Inc!!

Apr 7, 2024
  178. OldTimeEQ1 liked Demetri's post in the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

NYI isn't the phrasing you use when something isn't at least close to a planning phase. IF Ngreth used that when it's not something...

Apr 7, 2024
  179. OldTimeEQ1 liked Crabman's post in the thread A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes.

Just give it a day and he won’t be able to find the post so he will just make up new things. The search feature is very difficult. But...

Apr 6, 2024