Oakenblade's Recent Activity

1. Oakenblade replied to the thread Server Suggestion to revitalize everquest..

With the amount of time I spend slumming around down there, I feel like I kinda had it coming.

Nov 30, 2019
  2. Oakenblade liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Server Suggestion to revitalize everquest..

On behalf of the TLP forums I'm sorry.

Nov 30, 2019
  3. Oakenblade replied to the thread Monthly membership charges changed?.

Pros: No state income tax or internet sales tax Cons: It's Florida

Nov 30, 2019
  4. Oakenblade replied to the thread Harmtouch on TLP - 7 AAs for 240 damage?.

[IMG]

Nov 28, 2019
  5. Oakenblade liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Log Horizon.

[IMG]

Nov 27, 2019
  6. Oakenblade replied to the thread Actual speed of mounts ?.

[IMG]

Nov 27, 2019
  7. Oakenblade replied to the thread Log Horizon.

The .hack PS2 game was terrific. I played circa 2005. Thanks for reminding me. I'm gonna see if any are available to purchase online.

Nov 27, 2019
  8. Oakenblade replied to the thread Are TLP Servers Moving Too Fast? (Proposed Server Idea).

[IMG]

Nov 25, 2019
  9. Oakenblade replied to the thread Rolled a druid on Miragul.

[IMG]

Nov 24, 2019
  10. Oakenblade liked Cadira's post in the thread new expansion.

[IMG]

Nov 24, 2019
  11. Oakenblade liked SunDrake's post in the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

Live EQ doesn't have to beg for players, by the way. That's a TLP server thing. If you like EQ, are active, and are reasonably skilled, you...

Nov 22, 2019
  12. Oakenblade replied to the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

His memory and experiences seem to be very selective. Basically whatever straws he can grasp at to reinforce his cognitive bias of "Old...

Nov 22, 2019
  13. Oakenblade replied to the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

[IMG]

Nov 22, 2019
  14. Oakenblade liked VandilIzer's post in the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

So the extent of your experience you are basing a entire theory of modern EQ being terrible is that you visited a zone, and it didn't...

Nov 22, 2019
  15. Oakenblade replied to the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

I once had a layover in Germany. The airport was unfamiliar to me which made me uncomfortable. So now that I'm an expert regarding all...

Nov 22, 2019
  16. Oakenblade replied to the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

Before you edited your post it made it seem like you probably know nothing about modern EQ. After you edited your post it made it...

Nov 22, 2019
  17. Oakenblade liked Aenvar's post in the thread Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood..

Thanks for the quote but I'm doing so and I fail to see what that has to do with Agnarr. I'm not attacking live servers at all and...

Nov 22, 2019
  18. Oakenblade liked Skuz's post in the thread TLP Population on Support Page.

I hope typing all that made you feel better.

Nov 19, 2019
  19. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

No. Mercenaries can not be added to a raid, and there are numerous instances that do now allow mercenaries to be unsuspended.

Nov 19, 2019
  20. Oakenblade liked DeseanJackson's post in the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

The problem with that is that a lot of the post PoPower content is pretty cool, if you’re willing to actually give it a try. There is a...

Nov 19, 2019
  21. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

You seem to be omitting a lot of whining about numerous other things. But overall, pretty close. I’ll give it a 7.5/10

Nov 18, 2019
  22. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread Newbie on mangler ....

Sure, you stopped playing at OoW so everyone else must have too.

Nov 17, 2019
  23. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

Sounds like quality ForumQuesting to me. I'm almost proud of him.

Nov 16, 2019
  24. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

Leaked footage of Pantheon coming to crush EQ [IMG]

Nov 16, 2019
  25. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

Soon(tm)

Nov 16, 2019
  26. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

And yet there were enough people to fill fourteen guilds playing in TSS on phinigel, and six or eight guilds right now on Lockjaw and...

Nov 16, 2019
  27. Oakenblade replied to the thread Devs - Do people use VM ware for work?.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/hortulanus-cryolex-in-overthere.246087/' Basically tons of people were...

Nov 16, 2019
  28. Oakenblade replied to the thread Devs - Do people use VM ware for work?.

#CactusGate2018 #NeverForget

Nov 16, 2019
  29. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread P99 Green is what real EQ should have done....

Whatever lets you sleep at night, dude.

Nov 16, 2019
  30. Oakenblade replied to the thread P99 Green is what real EQ should have done....

It seems like you're not paying any attention to anything I'm saying. But thanks for "simplifying it for me" I guess.

Nov 16, 2019
  31. Oakenblade replied to the thread P99 Green is what real EQ should have done....

What I said was worded very deliberately to be very general and apply to numerous facets. If the reader (whoever that may be) sets...

Nov 16, 2019
  32. Oakenblade replied to the thread P99 Green is what real EQ should have done....

It's pretty easy to not notice anything if you're not paying attention to it.

Nov 16, 2019
  33. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

Let's not forget the social reasons that cause people to leave. Player A has been playing for 2 years straight and gets burned out. Player...

Nov 16, 2019
  34. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

[IMG]

Nov 16, 2019
  35. Oakenblade liked Finnster's post in the thread Fired up an old toon on Phinigel last night.

I checked Commonlands tunnel on Phinigel. It's completely empty! This server is dead.

Nov 16, 2019
  36. Oakenblade replied to the thread A reality check for these forums regarding TLP.

[IMG]

Nov 15, 2019
  37. Oakenblade liked Derd's post in the thread Devs - Do people use VM ware for work?.

Nothing like the uproar over them trying to stop cheating after the countless please do something to stop cheating threads on tlp forums....

Nov 14, 2019
  38. Oakenblade replied to the thread I would throw $$$ at daybreak for this type of locked server!.

We just never get tired of these, do we?

Nov 13, 2019
  39. Oakenblade liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread EQ3.

Agreed on the Champions of Norrath games, I love them. The MMO market is dying and has been for years. There isn't a lot of playerbase...

Nov 13, 2019
  40. Oakenblade liked Cicelee's post in the thread EQ3.

For those keeping score, it looks like the OP is on an island all by itself. Games do not thrive on graphics. They thrive on gameplay,...

Nov 13, 2019
  41. Oakenblade liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread EQ3.

That game is vaporware, it's never coming out.

Nov 13, 2019
  42. Oakenblade liked Delphwind's post in the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

I will never play classic through PoP again. I've done it now a half dozen times in recent years and i'm bored to death with it. Don't...

Nov 12, 2019
  43. Oakenblade replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

Uh did you not raid and do progression for RoS and TBL?

Nov 12, 2019
  44. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

Every single one of these except the races happens later on in the Everquest expansions already. They have already done these...

Nov 12, 2019
  45. Oakenblade replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

One cool thing about about Daybreak is they're recently(tm) doing things that are unprecedented for EQ.

Nov 11, 2019
  46. Oakenblade replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

I just wish they'd do a seasonal server from classic thru pop over 6 month stretches. Once 6 months is up, it's wiped and starts anew....

Nov 11, 2019
  47. Oakenblade replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

You can always go back. It's still there and I do think it will go the distance.

Nov 11, 2019
  48. Oakenblade replied to the thread Monsters update.

This is the sweet nectar that keeps me coming back to ForumQuest. [IMG]

Nov 11, 2019
  49. Oakenblade liked ntellect's post in the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

Really? How many max numbers of players dictate that a server is OK? Do you play with every single user that's on the server when you...

Nov 10, 2019
  50. Oakenblade replied to the thread What was the most popular TLP?.

Given what I've seen in this section of ForumQuest I think it's safe to say a lot of folks are a bit burned out on the classic portion...

Nov 9, 2019
  51. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread What was the most popular TLP?.

Lol, really?? Phinigel has already been repeated several times.

Nov 9, 2019
  52. Oakenblade replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

#BestofTimes

Nov 8, 2019
  53. Oakenblade replied to the thread miragul so boring.

So let's see if I'm summarizing correctly. People playing Miragul are enjoying Miragul. People not playing Miragul are not enjoying...

Nov 6, 2019
  54. Oakenblade liked code-zero's post in the thread miragul so boring.

These guys stayed on for over 10 hours I'm always baffled when people call anything boring then say that they're going to go back to the...

Nov 6, 2019
  55. Oakenblade liked kizant's post in the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

And who really does? Just playing the game isn't enough. It sounds like you want them to be experts at all classes and happen to agree...

Oct 29, 2019
  56. Oakenblade liked jeskola's post in the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

You must work for DBG, because this kind of ill-informed logic is what I would expect from them. Fans of Live are not interested in...

Oct 29, 2019
  57. Oakenblade replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

The idea behind the currency in this hypothetical concept would be to relieve the devs of the man-hours required to design...

Oct 28, 2019
  58. Oakenblade replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Screw it I'll bite. Start in TBM Lvl 100 start. 20K marks of valor 5 month unlocks No FV. Non Truebox Yes AOCs

Oct 28, 2019
  59. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

Seems a lot of folks are also forgetting all the open world stuff that needs to be done for the Artisan aug. But what are the odds this...

Oct 28, 2019
  60. Oakenblade replied to the thread DBG Issue Tracker down or gone ?.

So you wasted a ton of time performing tedious tasks on a flimsy medium that you didn't own, on your own accord, without any guarantees...

Oct 28, 2019
  61. Oakenblade liked code-zero's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

One thing this thread has established is that there seem to be a fair number of people who'd like some sort of non true box server and a...

Oct 28, 2019
  62. Oakenblade replied to the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

Oof strike two. Third time's a charm, I believe in you!

Oct 27, 2019
  63. Oakenblade liked kizant's post in the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

From now on, EQ is a tower defense game. We're the gods and the NPCs are growing in power to attack us!

Oct 27, 2019
  64. Oakenblade liked Laronk's post in the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

It's not pointless you can go wreck old content, in some content stuff dies if it even looks at me the wrong way. We just keep getting...

Oct 27, 2019
  65. Oakenblade liked Dzarn's post in the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

You are correct in the fact that answering those questions is not your job. The reason I posed the questions was to try and get a better...

Oct 27, 2019
  66. Oakenblade replied to the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

No need to say more, sir. You've won this day.

Oct 27, 2019
  67. Oakenblade liked Dzarn's post in the thread Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?.

To clarify, it is your opinion that power increases, such as total immunity to a particular effect, should be relevant in an environment...

Oct 27, 2019
  68. Oakenblade liked Eangel's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

You are missing RF and LJ are valid examples since at no point has it been agreed that we(collectively) want a non truebox that starts...

Oct 27, 2019
  69. Oakenblade liked Levy's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Were you even on RF/LJ? Cause I'm still there. The majority of the problems in Kunark/Velious/Luclin/PoP was caused by guilds and yes a...

Oct 27, 2019
  70. Oakenblade replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Geez, a lot of folks have no idea how to compare apples to apples. You can't compare RF/LJ to Truebox servers. They didn't have AOC's and...

Oct 26, 2019
  71. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

Yeah I was just kinda spit-balling. But you get the idea.

Oct 26, 2019
  72. Oakenblade liked Eangel's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

I four boxed on Agnarr and 4 different computers (PC and three laptops) to be able to play the way I enjoy and to be able to get objectives...

Oct 26, 2019
  73. Oakenblade liked Hdizzle's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Noone asked for truebox! Lol this thread is crazy. The biggest issue with Ragefire, which was widely chronicled by everyone on here, was...

Oct 26, 2019
  74. Oakenblade liked Morthakia's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

This is the most ridiculous, heavily biased assessment I’ve ever read as an attack on non-Truebox servers. On what basis are you...

Oct 26, 2019
  75. Oakenblade replied to the thread Best Two-Box for New Heroic Server.

The druid and mage pair well together in this era. It goes without saying that the mage comes with a built-in tank If each is running...

Oct 26, 2019
  76. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

Maybe a 10 pack of adventure 3 pots to every participant of the raid that beats Arx5 and pushes Fippy to TBM? Something like that

Oct 26, 2019
  77. Oakenblade replied to the thread Best Two-Box for New Heroic Server.

Mage and druid is also extremely powerful

Oct 26, 2019
  78. Oakenblade liked Zalamyr's post in the thread Best Two-Box for New Heroic Server.

I think SK + druid or shaman is pretty consistently top tier, albeit not the simplest box setup. Mage+bard is probably the best low...

Oct 26, 2019
  79. Oakenblade liked Monkman's post in the thread Requirements for level 6 of the evolving items ?.

Necros, due to the fact that they haven’t had their dots revamped yet still use spell sets that have 95-110 spells. They will still be...

Oct 25, 2019
  80. Oakenblade replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Here's the current (or upcoming) servers, their current expansions, and their rulesets with regard to truebox. Mangler - SoV - Truebox...

Oct 25, 2019
  81. Oakenblade replied to the thread Live Update Bugs 10/16/2019.

I think the wizard Lower Element is over-writing the scales debuff. For what it's worth. I think we just managed to duplicate this on...

Oct 25, 2019
  82. Oakenblade replied to the thread In Progress Item cooldowns not displaying properly.

Can confirm it happens with SK epic as well. I haven't kept a proper score but if I'm gonna throw out an arbitrary number I'd say 20% of...

Oct 25, 2019
  83. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

I always interpret "I'm not gonna buy 3 laptops in order to box" as "I'm just gonna do a quick google search instead." But hey, tomato...

Oct 25, 2019
  84. Oakenblade replied to the thread Not A Bug ?.

I imagine because the bug roundup forum primary serves the purpose of addressing new bugs after a test or live update patch.

Oct 25, 2019
  85. Oakenblade replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

I think some of the other threads in the TLP section here should be a pretty good indicator of how people are feeling about this. Edit:...

Oct 25, 2019
  86. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

A sad day for TLP'ers indeed.

Oct 24, 2019
  87. Oakenblade liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I saw no mention of it in the FAQ. Is Miragul a paid subscription only server or are free to play...

Oct 24, 2019
  88. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul with FV rules would be a huge hit..

Sad times. Everything I've ever said or done is invalid. Time for me to change my identity and move to Montana.

Oct 24, 2019
  89. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul with FV rules would be a huge hit..

Lulwut? Progression is pretty much just getting STARTED circa HoT

Oct 24, 2019
  90. Oakenblade replied to the thread I have never tried everquest, i come from Darkage of camelot.

Sad to say (from what I've heard) the PVP game doesn't get much lovin'. There's no way to say everything there is to say about the game...

Oct 23, 2019
  91. Oakenblade replied to the thread Instances down?.

Seems we're able to get into Stratos instance now. Perhaps it was just a momentary issue.

Oct 23, 2019
  92. Oakenblade posted a new thread.

Instances down?

Raid tried to zone into Stratos and everybody crashed out. This was on Drinal. Any others experiencing this? (Insert rabble rabble rabble)

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Oct 23, 2019
  93. Oakenblade replied to the thread Expansion pre-order.

Every premium xpac sold should come with a scoop of baked beans that we receive in the mail in an envelope. No beans? No deal.

Oct 23, 2019
  94. Oakenblade replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion].

Not true. It includes a new expansion.

Oct 23, 2019
  95. Oakenblade replied to the thread New server qs.

Also MPGs and DON T4 are complete on heroics.

Oct 23, 2019
  96. Oakenblade liked MarttinPH's post in the thread If you could have 1 balance request for your class, what would it be?.

Don't do this! I will definitely cancel all my 39 ultra gold accounts if this is done! P.S. I am only kidding.

Oct 23, 2019
  97. Oakenblade replied to the thread Torment of Velious Raids.

[IMG]

Oct 23, 2019
  98. Oakenblade replied to the thread If you could have 1 balance request for your class, what would it be?.

Druid - Make mana bear pet do something worth memming the spell gem for. Increase duration of auras. Give us a fire aura (last one was lvl...

Oct 23, 2019
  99. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul with FV rules would be a huge hit..

You're correct. It would be a huge disaster

Oct 23, 2019
  100. Oakenblade replied to the thread Miragul with FV rules would be a huge disaster.

You're correct. It would be a huge hit

Oct 23, 2019
  101. Oakenblade replied to the thread Not much time left to plan..

Worst. TLP Release. Ever?

Oct 23, 2019
  102. Oakenblade replied to the thread ToV Beta Instructions.

Here's something I made a couple years ago I think. Most of it should be applicable hopefully this can help some folks....

Oct 22, 2019
  103. Oakenblade replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

At your convenience, I'd like my playbook back please.

Oct 22, 2019
  104. Oakenblade replied to the thread Top 3 DPS during House of Thule Era?.

Druids aren't ripe yet in HoT

Oct 22, 2019
  105. Oakenblade liked EEpromm's post in the thread New November Server.

This bewilders me too, has for quite a while. Not just why they don't just play on a live server but why it's such a big deal...

Oct 22, 2019
  106. Oakenblade liked Warrior007's post in the thread <Last of the Ancients> - Miragul Guild Recruiting Now!.

It was a pleasure to have experienced the FFA raids that LOTA ran in their time on Phinigel, I wish you guys all the best on Miraguls!...

Oct 21, 2019
  107. Oakenblade liked Tucoh's post in the thread Over 20 years of EQ and I'm getting tired..

I feel personally attacked!

Oct 21, 2019
  108. Oakenblade replied to the thread Over 20 years of EQ and I'm getting tired..

1. Lack of mole mounts [IMG] The end

Oct 21, 2019
  109. Oakenblade replied to the thread Why Are Threads About The New Live Server In The TLP Section?.

Well played, sir. I tip my hat.

Oct 21, 2019
  110. Oakenblade liked yerm's post in the thread groups can still /pick in the same spot w/o evac.

Doin tlp player stereotypes proud

Oct 20, 2019
  111. Oakenblade liked Aueman's post in the thread Why Are Threads About The New Live Server In The TLP Section?.

TLP.... Time Locked Progression A new server that is locked behind progression based on time. Idk this sounds like the right place to me....

Oct 20, 2019
  112. Oakenblade replied to the thread New November Server.

The expansions that you missed don't just disappear when a new one comes out, even on live. They're still there... If you're 5-6...

Oct 20, 2019
  113. Oakenblade replied to the thread groups can still /pick in the same spot w/o evac.

Uh...wut?

Oct 19, 2019
  114. Oakenblade replied to the thread groups can still /pick in the same spot w/o evac.

May be best to post this in the live update bugs here

Oct 19, 2019
  115. Oakenblade replied to the thread Agnarr, time to change it to F2P?.

The TLP community as a whole has no idea what it wants. They want a locked server. Then they cry because the server is locked and they're...

Oct 19, 2019
  116. Oakenblade replied to the thread Tradeable Expansions ?.

[IMG]

Oct 19, 2019
  117. Oakenblade liked Reht's post in the thread Have You Ever Abandoned a Character?.

Because Forumquest (which i barely play) is better than EQ, to me.

Oct 19, 2019
  118. Oakenblade replied to the thread Tradeable Expansions ?.

I like money

Oct 19, 2019
  119. Oakenblade liked HoodenShuklak's post in the thread So WHEN will the autobots be addressed?.

People with real jobs don't give a about krono farming to get hood rich.

Oct 19, 2019
  120. Oakenblade replied to the thread Let's get this over with "Let's get this over with".

[IMG]

Oct 19, 2019
  121. Oakenblade replied to the thread EQ Expansion Request.

[IMG]

Oct 19, 2019
  122. Oakenblade replied to the thread So WHEN will the autobots be addressed?.

Not with THAT attitude ;)

Oct 19, 2019
  123. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread Camp check?.

This is why I prefer guilds that proactively work together for flagging. It definitely takes a heavy handed approach sometimes to...

Oct 18, 2019
  124. Oakenblade liked Dahaman's post in the thread New November Server.

Think Bigger Picture: EQ is the whole stadium, not just a mere football field. The stadium is used for football games (raid), soccer...

Oct 17, 2019
  125. Oakenblade liked HoodenShuklak's post in the thread GM Events.

To the GM's credit, I have even messaged one before asking them if they could stay for 5 more minutes since I knew I was about to finish...

Oct 17, 2019
  126. Oakenblade liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion].

The FAQ for the new server will be coming soon, stay tuned!

Oct 16, 2019
  127. Oakenblade liked Smokezz's post in the thread Agents of Change for Live Servers?.

Oh... another TLP'er that thinks everyone on live plays for free. Most don't. I pay for 5. How many do you pay for?

Oct 16, 2019
  128. Oakenblade replied to the thread So.... stacked EXP bonus??!?? *stare*.

And they should add a "dislike" button to ForumQuest. And we should get points for dislikes too. And maybe during holidays get double...

Oct 16, 2019
  129. Oakenblade liked Numiko's post in the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

Ranger is easiest of course! Autofire on Alt+Tab to youtube watch funny cat video Alt+Tab back to EQ Check advanced loot window! at...

Oct 16, 2019
  130. Oakenblade liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread New Server Idea.

Here is a great idea for a new server. Don't have one. :)

Oct 15, 2019
  131. Oakenblade replied to the thread Camp check?.

But sir, this is ForumQuest! (There are no camps in ForumQuest)

Oct 15, 2019
  132. Oakenblade replied to the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

Truest story ever. I can make raid parses - heal parses - and keep my group alive and barely do anything at all. I don't even have to...

Oct 15, 2019
  133. Oakenblade replied to the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

So one thing I noticed (I may have been responsible for this) is is that the thread shifted from "easiest" to "most optimal". So...sorry...

Oct 15, 2019
  134. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

Yes, and yes. Live has a bunch of stuff on marketplace that TLP's don't have, especially the stuff for FTP characters, housing...

Oct 15, 2019
  135. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Yes. The problem is with the game. It has nothing to do with you, the guilds you join, the incompatibility between you and your guild, or...

Oct 15, 2019
  136. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread Camp check?.

And you wonder why people like to box. Other people having the ability to control what I can or can't do in game? No thanks.

Oct 15, 2019
  137. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Sure I do. What you just did there was ad-hominem. Argumentum ad hominem (from the Latin, "argument to the person") is an informal...

Oct 14, 2019
  138. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Feel free to link my post where I said live makes more. I'll wait. Anecdotal evidence is a fallacious form of reasoning. Anecdotal...

Oct 14, 2019
  139. Oakenblade replied to the thread Guess the next expansion’s title.

I think we could probably get 2 more xpacs out of this theme as we work to dial it in. "The Jacket-Weather Lands" "The...

Oct 14, 2019
  140. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Care to show us the slide from the staff meeting that shows that amount?

Oct 14, 2019
  141. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Look at the baseline. Nowhere (that I know of) has it been stated that TLP subs equal, or are close to equaling Live subs. Nor does it...

Oct 14, 2019
  142. Oakenblade replied to the thread 2 more things I'd like to see changed about /pick.

Inb4 the "Now that we have the /viewpick command, why can't the devs make it better?" thread.

Oct 14, 2019
  143. Oakenblade liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread 2 more things I'd like to see changed about /pick.

An commenters could be polite and less judgmental and now-it-all. It's just lazy posting, honestly.

Oct 14, 2019
  144. Oakenblade liked Sheex's post in the thread 2 more things I'd like to see changed about /pick.

That’s not how ForumQuest works, good sir. That’s not how any of this works! :(

Oct 14, 2019
  145. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

And have a winner. This was my point all along. We don't have these facts. I've played on both live and TLP. I still play on live and...

Oct 14, 2019
  146. Oakenblade replied to the thread Camp check?.

[IMG]

Oct 14, 2019
  147. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

[IMG]

Oct 14, 2019
  148. Oakenblade replied to the thread Guess the next expansion’s title.

EverQuest : The Nippy Newplace (tm)

Oct 14, 2019
  149. Oakenblade liked Terranos's post in the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

Druid after you type /lfg on, you shouldn't have to push another button for a long time

Oct 13, 2019
  150. Oakenblade liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Remove the level 85 start on the new November TLP server.

It launches with Mercs, Defiant Armor, and TSS already unlocked. The leveling process is just tedium at that point until you hit 65+. I...

Oct 13, 2019
  151. Oakenblade liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Another round of layoffs at DBG.

The level of laughability this guys post is outstanding. Raise that forumquest game Yo!

Oct 13, 2019
  152. Oakenblade replied to the thread Is it really so difficult to fix /copylayout ?.

Are filters not in the eqclient.ini?

Oct 13, 2019
  153. Oakenblade replied to the thread Is it really so difficult to fix /copylayout ?.

I wanna say copying .INI files copies most things.

Oct 13, 2019
  154. Oakenblade replied to the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

Agree with Dythan to an extent. Enchanter pairs well with a mage. That pairing gets better from ROF onward. I'd also recommend a druid....

Oct 13, 2019
  155. Oakenblade replied to the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

You said your friend would be playing a mage? Are you planning on grouping with him a lot?

Oct 13, 2019
  156. Oakenblade replied to the thread Easiest class for new prog server?.

You're barking up the wrong tree, I think. Best to stay on Mangler I think and stick to your auto attacking in a corner. If you don't wanna...

Oct 13, 2019
  157. Oakenblade replied to the thread Nice little change on /pick incoming.

[IMG]

Oct 13, 2019
  158. Oakenblade replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

<3<3<3

Oct 12, 2019
  159. Oakenblade liked Febb's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

Yes I have. You just seem to want to ignore the obvious.

Oct 12, 2019
  160. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Citation still needed. I saw an interview where she said there are almost as many TLP players as live players. But number of...

Oct 12, 2019
  161. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

They should take the zone geometry and mob models from classic, slap the items and mob stats from GoD onto them, and call it Gates of...

Oct 11, 2019
  162. Oakenblade liked Icaen's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

Your nostalgia is showing. You mean other ways to progress your character other than mindlessly killing mobs? Which you can still do by...

Oct 11, 2019
  163. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Citation Needed...

Oct 11, 2019
  164. Oakenblade replied to the thread Charitable contributions.

RIP to the 37 gold accounts per member of the guild that were caught exploiting....errr... I mean per victim?

Oct 11, 2019
  165. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

I can agree with that. Whether it be getting that poopsock victory or scavenging the salty tears on TLP FQ as a popcorn-eating bystander,...

Oct 11, 2019
  166. Oakenblade liked Sancus's post in the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

I promise people understand your point of view at this point. It's valid; other people disagree. Repeating your point of view to every...

Oct 11, 2019
  167. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

Yeah. Pulling a single mob and running a CH chain while pressing auto-attack, and running around the corner every 15 seconds is way...

Oct 11, 2019
  168. Oakenblade replied to the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

Cool straw man bro. You totally just crushed the argument that I never made. The fallacy gods are surely smiling down on you.

Oct 10, 2019
  169. Oakenblade replied to the thread TLP Expansions.

People just like to stay in their comfort zones and have a fear of the unknown. Take note of how many people admit that they haven't played...

Oct 10, 2019
  170. Oakenblade liked McJumps's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

It is pretty sad that many people do not like live, and expansions closer to live, since the closer you get to live, the more mechanics...

Oct 10, 2019
  171. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

Once again... Their current dev team makes expansions that you don't like. They have deliberately chosen to make "live-like"...

Oct 10, 2019
  172. Oakenblade liked Qbert's post in the thread TLP Expansions.

You get the same expansions, you just have to wait longer to access them (by your choice).

Oct 10, 2019
  173. Oakenblade liked Machen's post in the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

If you don't want it to turn into an argument, don't present it as an argument. You gave a number of examples why players that...

Oct 10, 2019
  174. Oakenblade replied to the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

Oof, if only you could see how cringey the “dOeSn’T fIt YouR nArRATiVe” cliché is, and how damaging it is to anything you say that COULD...

Oct 10, 2019
  175. Oakenblade replied to the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

Brad wasn't the only person that developed EQ. He worked with a team. We're lucky that was the case, because Brad, while he did a...

Oct 9, 2019
  176. Oakenblade replied to the thread Original EQ.

This is the nature of EQ in 2019. On live servers, players can opt to spawn in their home cities (not Crescent) but there would...

Oct 9, 2019
  177. Oakenblade replied to the thread New Server Idea.

As far as TLPs go, I think they should stop making anything for classic thru pop for a long while with the exception of a seasonal server....

Oct 9, 2019
  178. Oakenblade replied to the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

Perhaps I overestimated myself. Uh... as you were, I guess?

Oct 9, 2019
  179. Oakenblade replied to the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

If you can convince Yimin to submit an app at the exact same time as you (down to the second), during a leap year, on a full moon,...

Oct 9, 2019
  180. Oakenblade replied to the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

Sounds great! When can we expect you to start teaching classes? Is it too late to sign some people up for the fall semester? Golly...

Oct 9, 2019
  181. Oakenblade replied to the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

If you really (and ever so innocently) just wanted to understand the discussion, you could have easily searched the countless...

Oct 9, 2019
  182. Oakenblade liked Smokezz's post in the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

Some are saying that. And some are loudly disagreeing with you.

Oct 9, 2019
  183. Oakenblade liked Spayce's post in the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

Some people like to solo. Some people like to box. Some people like to group with friends. Some people like to group with all different...

Oct 9, 2019
  184. Oakenblade liked Smokezz's post in the thread Does anyone (Besides Me) actually play this game because it is group focused?.

Why do so many people think they should be able to dictate how others play?

Oct 9, 2019
  185. Oakenblade liked Smokezz's post in the thread Are TLP Servers Killing Everquest?.

God, keep that truebox garbage away from the live servers forever. Keep the TLP mindset away from live forever.

Oct 7, 2019
  186. Oakenblade liked Lianeb's post in the thread Grey MOBs .... Why I hate you..

It's above your head, just like theirs is :)

Oct 6, 2019
  187. Oakenblade liked Bobbybick's post in the thread New November Server.

Pantheon just tried to raise more money by releasing really overpriced crappy merchandise, it was so bad they took the store down after...

Oct 6, 2019
  188. Oakenblade liked Dythan's post in the thread Agnarr, time to change it to F2P?.

Nope, I want you contributing to EQ, if you want your own special sandbox to play in.

Oct 6, 2019
  189. Oakenblade replied to the thread Enchanters.

Yes. Many raid.

Oct 6, 2019
  190. Oakenblade replied to the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

I’m in a mid tier guild and we struggle to beat the Empyr raids. Still no Maeratas wins for us. When we DO beat Empyr, it feels great....

Oct 5, 2019
  191. Oakenblade replied to the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

I’d be okay with this as long as it doesn’t offer all the rewards for completion. Maybe as soon as you get the buff the raid is...

Oct 5, 2019
  192. Oakenblade liked Belexes's post in the thread Hardware.

G.A.S is an evil disease!! I have bought 4 gits since Jan this year.

Oct 5, 2019
  193. Oakenblade replied to the thread Yimin! Where did you go sweetie?.

Hello pretty babies hehe

Oct 4, 2019
  194. Oakenblade replied to the thread Pound for Pound.

Yeah that's a long day even by today's standards. Really impressive that it was done back then. Especially with competition.

Oct 4, 2019
  195. Oakenblade liked IblisTheMage's post in the thread Hardware.

If only I had a pair, I would ask my wife for permission to upgrade my rig... :-D

Oct 4, 2019