Natal's Recent Activity

1. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:57 PM
  2. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

In the original game there were 50 levels, so obviously that took longer as a whole. It did NOT take a month per level with someone...

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:56 PM
  3. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The original EQ did not take a month to grind out a level. If it did most people would still be doing that. Your recollections of...

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  4. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

8.16% per hour killing at that rate. Or about 12.25 hours non stop killing. Assuming you can kill mobs in 15 seconds of course,...

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:43 PM
  5. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

Bonus only applies to kills, not other sources of xp

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:31 PM
  6. Natal replied to the thread Tradeskill tag on Ivory and Plains Pebble.

They used to have tradeskill tags (Ivory any way), but that was removed some while back. Since it was done on purpose, I expect that the...

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:09 PM
  7. Natal replied to the thread Extreme Aggro Errors..

This happens a lot on raids, even before ToV. It may be that it is now an issue that affects the group game as well because of...

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:05 PM
  8. Natal liked Siraj's post in the thread Taunt and Threat Actions Not Working.

I have died numerous times because the taunt/threat abilities are NOT getting aggro, even with GUARANTEED aggro, such as Unyielding...

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:01 PM
  9. Natal replied to the thread Taunt and Threat Actions Not Working.

I have changed my mind on this, since it has now become extremely difficult keeping agro off my rogue merc. This happened around...

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:01 PM
  10. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

I think Yinla is probably referring to those dorfs that were doing zero delay swings due to the dropped item they were equipping....

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:52 PM
  11. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

AAs were not affected by the increase in xp required to level, so how much AA you get is completely irrelevant to the argument....

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:47 PM
  12. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

The SC potions are 25% though, not 100%, which means that the rate of progression from killing is still going to be a lot slower...

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:42 PM
  13. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

I doubt that is happening in tier 1. If they have issues in tier 2, then they should get geared up in tier 1 first. Group content...

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:39 PM
  14. Natal replied to the thread How to request a refund?.

Try cleaning the ventilation meshes on your computer. I have had this sort of issue in the past, and it turned out to be the dust cover...

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:18 PM
  15. Natal replied to the thread Merc not healing??.

Generally they don't, although sometimes they will if you are in combat depending on what exactly is going on in the encounter.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:10 PM
  16. Natal replied to the thread ToV Earring Evolving Quest.

You need to complete the explore achievement to get the next quest. Just visit all the zones in ToV and he will talk to you.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:59 PM
  17. Natal replied to the thread Just going to say it, you are killing the game..

Recruiting is not realistic when there are no lower tier guilds to feed off. You tend to get inexperienced unskilled players who...

Jan 21, 2020
  18. Natal replied to the thread The obvious xp problem.

They can't just up grind xp because that would supercharge AA gains. The correct solution is to reduce the amount of xp needed to...

Jan 21, 2020
  19. Natal replied to the thread A Returned Dracolich form EW.

All of the dracholichs are PH I think, so if you are only killing one then the named spawn rate is going to be super low. There are about...

Jan 21, 2020
  20. Natal posted a new thread.

Rogue merc hate generation is excessive

I have encountered a problem with the amount of hate my merc rogue is generating. This started in the last week, it may be something that...

Forum: Bug Reports

Jan 20, 2020
  21. Natal replied to the thread Fixed Internally Torment of Velious Charm items are not updating their stats appropriately.".

But you don't understand! Losing 0.01% of dps is crippling for dps classes! I had this conversation the other day with a guild...

Jan 16, 2020
  22. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious: The puller's expansion.

It doesn't miss, it just poofs into the geometry. All of them do. You can shoot a thousand arrows and nothing will happen. You can be...

Jan 14, 2020
  23. Natal replied to the thread TOV XP.

The max is 5 AA per kill. But typically a kill in group as things stand generates just under 1 AA (you only hit the max with nameds)....

Jan 14, 2020
  24. Natal replied to the thread Test Update 01/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It doesn't take hours for 1%. You can get 2% or more in 30 minutes running a lesson.

Jan 14, 2020
  25. Natal replied to the thread Test Update 01/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Well, you could do that in GMM in the TBL era, even after the nerf, so it is not like it is something new.

Jan 14, 2020
  26. Natal replied to the thread TOV XP.

Your logic is flawed. A botted group will play 24 hours a day and consequently will level quickly anyway. A few days at most. They...

Jan 14, 2020
  27. Natal replied to the thread Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters".

I don't know how they generate those numbers, but I am pretty sure they are not accurate. Experience with dropped collectables...

Jan 13, 2020
  28. Natal replied to the thread Strange Hard Drive Activity.

Jan 13, 2020
  29. Natal replied to the thread Test Update 01/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Lockout is from the task request. Since some time is spent running about, the effective lockout is a lot shorter than 30 minutes.

Jan 13, 2020
  30. Natal replied to the thread TOV XP.

The problem with that is that it would ramp up AA xp gain, so that in itself is not a solution. The best way to do it is to...

Jan 13, 2020
  31. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious: The puller's expansion.

Unfortunately arrows don't work in many places in ToV. They fire but just don't hit what you shot at, which means you have to use...

Jan 13, 2020
  32. Natal replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

For Kael, only if you are trying to get the achievement, if you already have it you might as well burn the trash down. The ToV...

Jan 10, 2020
  33. Natal replied to the thread Fixed Internally 4 collections not working.

Yes, I dont have any myself but I have seen them drop in the missions. The issue of course is that the drop rate is the normal...

Jan 10, 2020
  34. Natal replied to the thread Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters".

What mobs are "supposed" to drop them? It could be that your assumptions are just not correct.

Jan 10, 2020
  35. Natal replied to the thread Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters".

Drop rates in EW are way higher than that. They are comparable to diamond/ore/timber on mobs which drop those items. Don't trust...

Jan 10, 2020
  36. Natal replied to the thread Taunt and Threat Actions Not Working.

Are you sure your attack was on? Lol. That happens sometimes. The rogue mercs post 110 generate a lot more hate so you have to work...

Jan 10, 2020
  37. Natal replied to the thread Heroic Stats soft cap.

The benefits increase in steps, just like luck does. If you mouse over the stats for various things (such as spell shielding or avoidance)...

Jan 7, 2020
  38. Natal replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

Traditionally the fastest way to level was to kill low level mobs that could be mass killed quickly and efficiently. Preferably...

Jan 7, 2020
  39. Natal replied to the thread Best Expansion in YEARS.

They did not nerf anything. What happened is that there was a much larger jump in the xp required to level through 111 (subsequent...

Jan 7, 2020
  40. Natal replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

Different mobs have different mechanics, don't kill the ones you can't handle, choose something else or move to a spot where you...

Jan 7, 2020
  41. Natal replied to the thread ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with.

There is nothing wrong with big xp bonuses for completing achievements, it will supercharge progress but that in itself is not...

Jan 7, 2020
  42. Natal replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

That is kind of like the "get gud" argument....it is does not recognize the reality a lot of players face. We are not talking...

Jan 6, 2020
  43. Natal replied to the thread Last of the Storm Boars.

That would make sense, since the update goes primarily to the person at the top of the hate list, and if it is a pet or merc then...

Jan 3, 2020
  44. Natal replied to the thread TOV experience design will hurt raiding.

They will be doing it with their regular friends though. There are still going to be a lot of people who are not in those groups,...

Jan 3, 2020
  45. Natal replied to the thread exp this expac.

That is pretty much the problem with this setup.....if you can get decent groups you can fly to 115, but if you are casual then it...

Jan 3, 2020
  46. Natal replied to the thread Merc DPS Balance Issues.

I would like the cleric mercs to stop arbitarily deciding to cease healing. The little bastards killed me in Kael last night, they were...

Jan 3, 2020
  47. Natal replied to the thread Bot groups are bad for morale.

For what purpose? To get the gear that is as common as snow in a snowstorm?

Jan 3, 2020
  48. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious TS Questline Update.

That is what you call respectful?? It seems we have different definitions.

Jan 2, 2020
  49. Natal replied to the thread velious infused pelt.

They are not all that rare. Drop rate is about the same as diamonds or ore, if you are killing appropriate mobs. People see it as...

Jan 2, 2020
  50. Natal replied to the thread Faded snowbound armor.

It involves shady transactions in the backstreets of Ahkanon, so I hear

Jan 2, 2020
  51. Natal replied to the thread Collectible Groups Not Dropping?.

Well, if getting various ach is required for the tradeskill quest, then having some sets essentially not available is going to get...

Dec 29, 2019
  52. Natal replied to the thread Named Spawns.

It does not really matter....tier 1 group gear is junk anyway, pretty much everyone who can play in tov will allready have that level of...

Dec 29, 2019
  53. Natal replied to the thread Strikethrough DMG.

Use a glyph on that mob if that is what it takes then. Glyphs are the great easy button when it comes stuff that is holding you back.

Dec 20, 2019
  54. Natal replied to the thread Strikethrough DMG.

If you have someone who can cast a spray root, such as a Shaman (not familiar with other classes, so others may have similar AA...

Dec 20, 2019
  55. Natal replied to the thread Strikethrough DMG.

Try killing trash in some of the TBL missions then (specifically Brass Palace and Contract of War). They are fully populated zones...

Dec 20, 2019
  56. Natal replied to the thread Strikethrough DMG.

I ran a HA and did some regular zone killing on patch day, it did not seem any different to me.

Dec 20, 2019
  57. Natal replied to the thread Strikethrough DMG.

Mobs in the HA go up to yellow cons, meaning they are level 111.

Dec 20, 2019
  58. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious TS Questline Update.

I don't have to have patience with incessant complaining. Sorry.

Dec 16, 2019
  59. Natal replied to the thread Locked out zones ToV.

Not really, just position yourself properly.

Dec 12, 2019
  60. Natal replied to the thread TBL Chase loot < ToV group gear.

Even if everyone did 0.32% extra dps, that would still mean a 10 minute fight would become a 9 minute 58 second fight. And that is...

Dec 12, 2019
  61. Natal replied to the thread Locked out zones ToV.

Well, people wearing RoS gear did get through the trials, so what you are saying is simply not true. It did not require GMM gear,...

Dec 12, 2019
  62. Natal replied to the thread Question for elite raiders.

If you are using things that push mobs around you might be maximising YOUR dps, but you are sacrificing raid dps in the form of lost...

Dec 11, 2019
  63. Natal replied to the thread Locked out zones ToV.

Your memory is poor. PoP was not initially well received, a LOT of zones were locked behind requirements many casual players could...

Dec 9, 2019
  64. Natal replied to the thread Locked out zones ToV.

What helped you "break into" stratos was not GMM gear, it was the nerf to TBL mobs melee dps that happened a few months into the...

Dec 9, 2019
  65. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious TS Questline Update.

Well, after you have finished grinding your levels and AA, you presumably will not be playing any more, so it doesn't matter does...

Dec 6, 2019
  66. Natal replied to the thread Info Needed Hanging when logging out.

The underlying problem is likely the same one though, it is just what happens afterwards (scenario 1 or scenario 2) that is...

Nov 26, 2019
  67. Natal replied to the thread Info Needed Hanging when logging out.

No, it is a hang. The client just stays in a non-responding state indefinitely on one of my computers (it times out on the other two)...

Nov 22, 2019
  68. Natal replied to the thread DoT AA changes.

There are two ear slots and lots of ear items. Just use those that are relevant. The stats differences between them are generally...

Nov 20, 2019
  69. Natal replied to the thread Dissident Upgrade Lost to Reward Limit?.

They don't need to fix anything. There are going to be some unusual rare circumstances (that is what CS is for), but outside of...

Nov 20, 2019
  70. Natal replied to the thread Dissident Upgrade Lost to Reward Limit?.

You don't have to claim the reward to get the ach.

Nov 18, 2019
  71. Natal replied to the thread Any zones that were partially developed, but scrapped?.

Luclin did have and still does have two factions, one for each city. I don't think it had anything to do with raiding though.

Nov 12, 2019
  72. Natal replied to the thread Any zones that were partially developed, but scrapped?.

Mostly those fake zone lines were not for scrapped content, they were placeholders for future content that might be added as...

Nov 12, 2019
  73. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious Raids.

That may be your opinion, probably even the opinion of most top tier raiders, but there is definitely a sense of elitism among at...

Nov 7, 2019
  74. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious Raids.

Yes. Because higher raid tiers drop the same level gear, just different slots.

Nov 7, 2019
  75. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious Raids.

They had to wait anyway with the old system because it took about a month to accumulate enough flags needed to move to the next...

Nov 7, 2019
  76. Natal replied to the thread Info Needed Hanging when logging out.

The black screen going to the log in screen (which you can take to windowed mode and quit using the X button) only happens if you...

Nov 3, 2019
  77. Natal replied to the thread Hanging when logging out.

Ok, then it is a more general thing then. Are you guys using any sort of gaming skin (such the nVidia and AMD ones)? What anti-virus...

Oct 24, 2019
  78. Natal replied to the thread Hanging when logging out.

The root cause appears to be that EQ is no longer compatible with Windows 10. So stuff does not always work properly and it can hang the...

Oct 24, 2019
  79. Natal replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion].

Everyone like killing gnomes, so I do not see your point.

Oct 22, 2019
  80. Natal replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion].

If you can't get past Stratos you will probably not be able to do much in the other zones anyway.

Oct 22, 2019
  81. Natal replied to the thread Torment of Velious beta is active?.

We know. That is why the top guilds complete raids on day one. They already have detailed knowledge of the inner workings of all...

Oct 22, 2019
  82. Natal replied to the thread Hanging when logging out.

For the record, these problems started happening about the time they revamped the UI to include tabs.

Oct 19, 2019
  83. Natal replied to the thread Hanging when logging out.

I have the same problem. The only solution appears to go to windows mode, then close the window itself (not actually quit the game). If you...

Oct 19, 2019
  84. Natal replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion].

That is how it has been done for the last few years. Nothing new about that.

Oct 17, 2019
  85. Natal replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion].

Why? The people who would play in beta are those doing current content, not progression server stuff. They have already decided...

Oct 17, 2019
  86. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

He doesn't have any examples because there are not any. Raid mobs with large rear directional AEs are spun by the tanks, so he...

Oct 15, 2019
  87. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

Fire trap is a defensive proc, not a riposte. Turning ripostes off will have zero impact on the spell.

Oct 15, 2019
  88. Natal replied to the thread Another round of layoffs at DBG.

Well, I would hope that team members play other online RPGs as well, so that they can see what the competition is doing and develop...

Oct 15, 2019
  89. Natal replied to the thread So... Thursday Live Stream!?.

Can't fix what gnomes break. Well known fact.

Oct 11, 2019
  90. Natal replied to the thread Changes to Hiatus.

You can still use seventh however, so you do get to be functional after one rez in an event. There are a few other minor end...

Oct 8, 2019
  91. Natal replied to the thread Changes to Hiatus.

You have to be out of combat to use it. So on raids, not so much.

Oct 8, 2019
  92. Natal replied to the thread Changes to Hiatus.

Staunch does not work if you have rez effects on. It gets used up but does nothing.

Oct 8, 2019
  93. Natal replied to the thread Rare+ Trade skill drops.

As I said, you don't need to do all the rare drop recipes. There are enough in game to avoid most of them.

Oct 7, 2019
  94. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

The primary purpose of gear is to improve your surviveability.

Oct 7, 2019
  95. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Warriors might be able to do more dps than some melee, but only because of ripostes or because melee are afk autoattacking. Based...

Oct 7, 2019
  96. Natal replied to the thread Grey MOBs .... Why I hate you..

You probably have never looked then. He is up all the time, no one kills him unless they are going to the caves and these days not...

Oct 7, 2019
  97. Natal replied to the thread Grey MOBs .... Why I hate you..

If you are not riposting them they won't be summoning you now will they.

Oct 7, 2019
  98. Natal replied to the thread Looking for Windstones.

Caves in Grimling Forest. They don't drop often, but since the mobs are trivial you can mass kill. You should get a few each clear...

Oct 7, 2019
  99. Natal replied to the thread Rare+ Trade skill drops.

You do not have to do all of the recipes, just a certain number, to max your skill. So you can avoid the recipes with very rare...

Oct 7, 2019
  100. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

" All melee classes - Hiatus can now be activated in combat " Seems pretty clear to me. No assumptions. All melee classes have...

Oct 4, 2019
  101. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Initial agro is not a problem provided dps can wait 5 seconds on a 20 minute encounter before diving in (apparently many are...

Oct 4, 2019
  102. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

It would include everyone who has the spell "Hiatus".

Oct 4, 2019
  103. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

If the mob is more than 5 levels higher than you. Basically it could be used as a means to dump a ton of hate.

Oct 4, 2019
  104. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

What are you talking about? There are tons of rangers around. Lots of paladins as well.

Oct 4, 2019
  105. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

That alone is huge for raiding warriors! I don't really care too much about the fade thing since it was borderline useless after the...

Oct 4, 2019
  106. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Increasing the max level from +3 to +5 is a big change for most people. It means that you can escape from nameds, which usually are...

Oct 3, 2019
  107. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

As long as the puller is not being an idiot and pulling with a bucketload of hate, every tank in the game can snap agro incoming mobs....

Oct 3, 2019
  108. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

I did that racnar with my warrior/shaman/rogue combo. You don't need a splitter for it. Had no problem with the 3rd partisan task...

Oct 3, 2019
  109. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Well, I think that is probably intentional. They want people to manage their hate generation, any situation where some capability...

Oct 3, 2019
  110. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Except that for warriors at least, the fade does not work if you are close and in los. So it is not used as commonly as it used to be...

Oct 2, 2019
  111. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

And when people are 115? ;) GMM group stuff is not raid level. Raid level gear is ~8.5k HEM, about 2k more than GMM. Melee can...

Oct 2, 2019
  112. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

That is because raid mobs are too high level as things stand. But, depending on how they implement the end requirement (20% total...

Oct 2, 2019
  113. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Because there is no one else to pull and in that situation it is best for the tank to do it? Precision actually works well,...

Oct 2, 2019
  114. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

If los allows. Warrior pulls in cluttered environments are usually done with precision.

Oct 1, 2019
  115. Natal replied to the thread Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities.

Actually it is quite hard to successfully fade as a warrior because of all of the other restrictions such as distance and line of...

Oct 1, 2019
  116. Natal replied to the thread More Shaman DPS nerfed? - Feral Bite nerf.

Healing? That is not a reason?

Sep 30, 2019
  117. Natal replied to the thread More Shaman DPS nerfed? - Feral Bite nerf.

Meleeing? Not likely.

Sep 30, 2019
  118. Natal replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Most of that would not work since someone running a script could run multiple toons on ftp accounts to do the searches, then...

Sep 30, 2019
  119. Natal replied to the thread GMM – Let’s get this over with..

I can do it in about 30 minutes or so (about the length of a lesson burn) with my warrior/shaman/rogue crew. It takes about 3 minutes...

Sep 27, 2019
  120. Natal replied to the thread More Shaman DPS nerfed? - Feral Bite nerf.

Never seen a shaman meleeing on raids.

Sep 27, 2019
  121. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

So? No one is dieing to ripostes unless a mob has a spell effect such as Sarnak Finesse running. They just don't happen often...

Sep 26, 2019
  122. Natal replied to the thread Please recind the riposte nerf.

GMM mobs are a little harder than before, but I can still run the HA in about the same time, a few minutes longer maybe. So IMO the...

Sep 26, 2019
  123. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

No it won't. Riposte damage is not that much in the big picture. Most of the spike damage (the thing that kills tanks usually)...

Sep 25, 2019
  124. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

You can't riposte ripostes. Knaves return strike is not going to help you unless you are actually tanking the mob since you have to...

Sep 25, 2019
  125. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

It should not affect next expansion balance at all, since most of that additional riposte damage from mobs to players comes said...

Sep 25, 2019
  126. Natal replied to the thread Raid content for the non 1%.

And raid foci, full spell/weapon sets, and full balanced raid rosters. Beating tier 1 with full balanced raids is not difficult at...

Sep 25, 2019
  127. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

I don't know how slow you are, or if you fight afk or something, but when I get KBed I am back within one combat round, certainly long...

Sep 24, 2019
  128. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

Why would the chanter care if you riposted a mob before they mezzed it? I suppose people might be concerned about summoning, but...

Sep 24, 2019
  129. Natal replied to the thread Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off..

Our melee don't do that. You will be taking less damage overall and presenting a lower healing burden by attacking from the side or...

Sep 23, 2019