moogs's Recent Activity

1. moogs liked Gorgol the Ogre's post in the thread Everquest: Feature Guide for New and Returning Players.

Like me are you a new or returning player to EQ? Need help getting up to speed on changes to the game? Get up to speed on modern EQ with...

Apr 14, 2017
  2. moogs replied to the thread Advance Loot System questions.

Honestly just set everything you want to AG and everything you don't want to NV. Use the Need option only when there's an upgrade or a...

Apr 14, 2017
  3. moogs replied to the thread 3rd Box w/ Pally/Mage? + Luclin LFG.

Hi. If you're still in search of a guild that is very friendly and active in the mid-high range group game, check out Dark Dragon Society....

Apr 3, 2017
  4. moogs liked Felicite's post in the thread How do I display timestamps in my chat windows?.

Yesterday's Test update:

Mar 17, 2017
  5. moogs liked fransisco's post in the thread How to AA?.

Autogrant AAs are 4 expacs behind current. That makes all AA through Rain of Fear auto granted. So any AAs from CoTF or later will not...

Mar 10, 2017
  6. moogs replied to the thread Returning Player & Questions.

You got it.

Mar 9, 2017
  7. moogs replied to the thread Returning Player & Questions.

Welcome back. Is your account F2P/Silver or do you have a Gold subscription? Only asking because there are limits on AAs if you don't have...

Mar 9, 2017
  8. moogs replied to the thread Veteran/Ex EQII player with some questions.

If you remember the login to your old account, use it. /veteranReward is worth having if you choose to play regularly. Oh, and if you've...

Mar 8, 2017
  9. moogs liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Veteran/Ex EQII player with some questions.

Just download and play. Its free. If you like it then you can subscribe whenever you want. You can do a lot as a free account. No box sets...

Mar 8, 2017
  10. moogs replied to the thread Leveling Guides?.

You must have been in the wrong place, because all of the leveling guides are there (first link posted by CatsPaws) and they have more...

Mar 8, 2017
  11. moogs replied to the thread Play style of Druids and Necros.

I don't know about what is the most used playstyle. I can only comment on what I have done. I spent years mainly root rotting because...

Mar 4, 2017
  12. moogs liked gotwar's post in the thread Enchanter mind wipe series.

Probably worth mentioning that the memory blur line of spells has a % chance to "succeed" that raises slightly with each new spell in the...

Mar 4, 2017
  13. moogs replied to the thread Enchanter mind wipe series.

To put it simply, what you want to do is mez everything that has aggro on you and then cast mem wipe. Among other things, this can be a...

Mar 2, 2017
  14. moogs replied to the thread Video resolution options missing.

Ah okay. Yeah, there's the nvidia Experience software where you can set which GPU you want a certain executable (such as eqgame.exe) to...

Mar 1, 2017
  15. moogs replied to the thread Video resolution options missing.

Check eqclient.ini and search for [VideoMode]. You should be able to manually set any numbers you want, such as: WindowedWidth=1920...

Mar 1, 2017
  16. moogs replied to the thread when beer shoots out of my nose.

I played on what is now Bristlebane for many years and it was no different than other servers. Raid guilds demanded that applicants have...

Feb 28, 2017
  17. moogs liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread when beer shoots out of my nose.

I wouldn't be pooling resources to get a tank an item when said tank could easily end up in a raid guild a week later. It's the epics...

Feb 28, 2017
  18. moogs replied to the thread Few questions about how buffs stack among other things.

Magician DS > Druid DS > Enchanter DS. Bard DS should stack with all of them. In fact, most bard songs stack with everything.

Feb 28, 2017
  19. moogs replied to the thread Druid DMG Dots.

With the DoTs upgraded, it's probably much easier than it used to be. You could root rot rather than kite. Wonder if you would have enough...

Feb 28, 2017
  20. moogs liked iVALADYANx's post in the thread Adding a Enchanter to box group looking for advice.

my 105 hotkey: /cast tash /pause 30 /cast und helix /pause 47 /cast bewil con (accuracy debuff/dot when charm is cast i use tempting...

Feb 27, 2017
  21. moogs replied to the thread Spoiled by FV gonna try a normal server.

Not sure, but Powerranger may be referring to this thread. There are many like it. Hope it helps a little bit....

Feb 27, 2017
  22. moogs replied to the thread Bard vs Enchanter in this group?.

Enchanter will add better DPS, better crowd control, and you don't have to show everyone how badly you play a bard. Easy.

Feb 27, 2017
  23. moogs liked Yinla's post in the thread When will we see Anniversary Schedule for 2017?.

/sigh Too much to ask for the new stuff to be added on the actual EQ anniversary. :( But I hope they leave the 18th Anniversary...

Feb 27, 2017
  24. moogs liked fransisco's post in the thread Luxury Pet Gear.

plus the AC on dimensional is worth WAY more to pets than the extra hp on castaway is.

Feb 27, 2017
  25. moogs replied to the thread Luxury Pet Gear.

I use the Timesplitter Throwing Axe for Range.

Feb 27, 2017
  26. moogs replied to the thread when beer shoots out of my nose.

I also come from the Diablo 2 generation and I never wanted to play on Battle.net because of the incredible amount of automated eBay spam....

Feb 27, 2017
  27. moogs liked GoneFission's post in the thread when beer shoots out of my nose.

I like the idea of rare chase loot. I think I would like it better as no-trade. Not use it or rot, like in the locked HAs, but offer it on...

Feb 27, 2017
  28. moogs liked Elsewhere's post in the thread making a Hero Character?.

No such thing as a "go to best class". If there was 1 class which was always better than all the others, why would anyone play anything...

Feb 27, 2017
  29. moogs liked Fohpo's post in the thread Druid DMG Dots.

I have a druid that is 85 from years ago, was using him to boost a new bard and quading in Fort Mech was pretty easy.

Feb 27, 2017
  30. moogs replied to the thread when beer shoots out of my nose.

That's just amazing. Guess I don't play enough.

Feb 27, 2017
  31. moogs posted a new thread.

when beer shoots out of my nose

I thought I made a very generous offer to someone last night for an item, but he responded saying he wanted 32 Kronos for it. Not even on...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Feb 27, 2017
  32. moogs replied to the thread How do I upkeep mercs with platinum?.

If you want to conserve them for later, when your mercenary will cost more, you could take your Bayle Marks out of your Alternate Currency...

Feb 27, 2017
  33. moogs replied to the thread Spoiled by FV gonna try a normal server.

Hah. This should be fun. Since you're an experienced player, you know what's worth dumping off in /barter and presumably these are Gold...

Feb 25, 2017
  34. moogs replied to the thread Macro Question.

/pause will not do anything without a ## value. If you want to pause for 5 seconds before continuing to the next line, it's /pause 50. If...

Feb 24, 2017
  35. moogs replied to the thread Advice regarding my current Box Group..

You can go a long, long way with that setup! It helps to have subscriptions but that's not necessary at level 40. Pets and mercenaries were...

Feb 24, 2017
  36. moogs replied to the thread Issue with DB cash / account time and so.

They're not gone. You just can't view them. https://twitter.com/DaybreakGames/status/835184186839420929

Feb 24, 2017
  37. moogs liked skattabrainz's post in the thread Is this game made for boxing?.

On Phinny you WILL get groups at all levels with a little effort. I see people starting Paludal caverns groups all the time in pok chat....

Feb 23, 2017
  38. moogs replied to the thread Kotaku article about EQ.

I read the article and do not have a problem with anything he wrote. For the most part it's an accurate depiction of what EQ Live is like....

Feb 23, 2017
  39. moogs replied to the thread Kotaku article about EQ.

There are new and returning players in The Newbie Zone section of the forums every single week. I'm in a guild full of them and they are...

Feb 23, 2017
  40. moogs replied to the thread Druid DMG Dots.

Nice, forgot about the other cold one. Maybe I should use it more!

Feb 23, 2017
  41. moogs liked S33k3r's post in the thread Druid DMG Dots.

6 dots, the following is from patch - Druid - Increased all DoT lines in power and efficiency. Removed the ability for the same caster to...

Feb 23, 2017
  42. moogs replied to the thread Druid DMG Dots.

There's Cold, Magic, Short Fire, Long Fire, and Fire + Nuke, so that's at least 5.

Feb 23, 2017
  43. moogs liked Gundolin's post in the thread Is this game made for boxing?.

I only have a single account. Making friends and groups was slow at first, but now I have a full group of six about 4 or 5 nights a week...

Feb 22, 2017
  44. moogs liked kthehammy's post in the thread Is this game made for boxing?.

The biggest part of being successful and enjoyable 1 box EQ experience is getting into a active guild that fits your timezone/play schedule...

Feb 22, 2017
  45. moogs liked Jumbur's post in the thread Is this game made for boxing?.

The game is designed for non-boxing. Im level 105 and I have never boxed, The trick is to get a circle of friends to play with, I recommend...

Feb 22, 2017
  46. moogs replied to the thread 3 Box Group w/o a real Tank..

I do Druid/Enchanter/Magician. It was a little rough for a bit there when tank mercs and pets were getting hit by nerf after nerf, but...

Feb 21, 2017
  47. moogs replied to the thread 3 Box Group w/o a real Tank..

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89868

Feb 21, 2017
  48. moogs replied to the thread Quest overlay.

Alt+Q Uncheck the quests that have checkmarks. Poof goes the overlay.

Feb 21, 2017
  49. moogs replied to the thread 3 Box Group w/o a real Tank..

I don't have a high enough level shaman, but druids have a 96% rez AA which can be used out of combat. This is less of an issue since...

Feb 21, 2017
  50. moogs replied to the thread 3 Box Group w/o a real Tank..

Reading this was like looking in a funhouse mirror.

Feb 21, 2017
  51. moogs liked Tatanka's post in the thread 3 Box Group w/o a real Tank..

The biggest issue in your question is "work". It's highly subjective, and you'll get widely varying responses. Having said that, I...

Feb 21, 2017
  52. moogs replied to the thread Where is the old world?.

You may be in for a shock. It's going to be an empty and lonely experience going through the old zones that you're familiar with. Things...

Feb 21, 2017
  53. moogs liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Can fix all afk kill in EOK plz.

I haven't really looked for bots but any time I have been in zones and see the same folks over and over they are calling out rots and...

Feb 21, 2017
  54. moogs replied to the thread Where is the old world?.

As CatsPaws mentioned, if you're playing without a subscription, new characters have no option but to begin in Crescent Reach. If you have...

Feb 21, 2017
  55. moogs liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Where is the old world?.

Any free characters made now get Cresent Reach as home city and if you bring back an old char chances are it will default to Cresent Reach...

Feb 21, 2017
  56. moogs replied to the thread Merc's and grouprole commands macros.

I took a year+ off and my hotkey stopped working some time in between. I just know it used to work and then it didn't when I returned,...

Feb 20, 2017
  57. moogs liked Schadenfreude's post in the thread Marketplace : Time Left.

Up to 50% doesn't mean 50% across the board.

Feb 20, 2017
  58. moogs replied to the thread Marketplace : Time Left.

I can't find the Promotional section mentioned in the announcement.

Feb 20, 2017
  59. moogs replied to the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

Posted a video on the Marketplace. Enjoy today's sale.

Feb 20, 2017
  60. moogs replied to the thread EQ Tips & Tricks YouTube playlist.

Added: - Power Sources and the Purity Stat

Feb 20, 2017
  61. moogs replied to the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

Posted a new one on Power Sources and the Purity stat.

Feb 20, 2017
  62. moogs replied to the thread Merc's and grouprole commands macros.

Thank you. It makes sense but it would have been nice had this been documented in the patch notes when the devs broke my existing...

Feb 20, 2017
  63. moogs liked svann's post in the thread Merc's and grouprole commands macros.

There is a way but first you have to know your merc's true name. Type /grouproles list That will tell you the mercs real name.

Feb 20, 2017
  64. moogs replied to the thread Merc's and grouprole commands macros.

I reported this bug in September: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1240 I actually ran into this bug and it is documented here in a...

Feb 19, 2017
  65. moogs replied to the thread dying, only res location allowed is bind spot. WHY?.

This is EQ. The lesson is simple: don't die.

Feb 19, 2017
  66. moogs liked skattabrainz's post in the thread Possible new player - Pros and cons wanted..

If it's your very, very first character an iksar shadow knight might be a little more forgiving than a warrior, and they fill a pretty...

Feb 19, 2017
  67. moogs replied to the thread EQ Tips & Tricks YouTube playlist.

Re-recorded the one on Spellsets and Advanced Loot since it was missing mic audio (thanks for the report, Greldek) and uploaded one on...

Feb 19, 2017
  68. moogs replied to the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

Finally got around to recording my thoughts on this one. [media]

Feb 19, 2017
  69. moogs replied to the thread UI Scaling.

Completely agree. (Okay, the graphics are terrible sometimes, but I digress...) One of the problems with the UI is that with each...

Feb 18, 2017
  70. moogs liked Kugoruk's post in the thread UI Scaling.

/chatfontsize 5 only goes so far. It changes just the chat windows font size. Not players names in Group window or the Targets name in...

Feb 18, 2017
  71. moogs replied to the thread Holy Aggro batman.

Shouldn't be that bad when I'm using only 1 DoT...a low aggro magic one, not the high aggro fire dot. Before the change, I would cast 3...

Feb 18, 2017
  72. moogs replied to the thread EQ Tips & Tricks YouTube playlist.

Added a few more: - Bandolier macros for switching weapon sets - Using /barter to earn platinum quickly - Demonstration of some macros...

Feb 18, 2017
  73. moogs replied to the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

Updated the playlist with four more.

Feb 18, 2017
  74. moogs replied to the thread Holy Aggro batman.

Yeah, maybe. I think I have it at 5/8 or 6/8 ranks, whatever it is, but I'm not sure if maxing it will make that much of a difference.

Feb 18, 2017
  75. moogs replied to the thread Holy Aggro batman.

Yeah, so DoT aggro needs to be reworked...I cast a single magic wasp dot and nothing else and my tank mercenary takes over 30 seconds to...

Feb 18, 2017
  76. moogs replied to the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

Updated the playlist with several more. Thanks for the suggestions.

Feb 18, 2017
  77. moogs replied to the thread EQ Tips & Tricks YouTube playlist.

Added several more today: - Using /claim (F2P account) - Using the Options Window (Alt+O) - POK Mercenary Quest (2 parts because I'm an...

Feb 18, 2017
  78. moogs liked Gundolin's post in the thread Question about starting.

If that is true for you, that's fine and enjoy. Personally I would not agree with this advice. I'd prefer to solo till a group can be...

Feb 17, 2017
  79. moogs replied to the thread monk and carrying *stuff*.

Which server are you playing on? I'm sure someone here can hook you up.

Feb 17, 2017
  80. moogs replied to the thread monk and carrying *stuff*.

Thankfully coin is now weightless. Used to be that monks preferred the group's main looter to disable Auto Split because they would have to...

Feb 17, 2017
  81. moogs liked Peechka's post in the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

Guild features... How to set up personal guild Where is guild hall What features does guild hall have How do I use guild portal (Like I...

Feb 17, 2017
  82. moogs liked Annastasya's post in the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

How to climb ladders/walls/tall solid objects. How to get out of a pool of water with raised edges. Basic movement tips and tricks while...

Feb 17, 2017
  83. moogs liked Orangemilk's post in the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

I would suggest something on purity and power sources. I'm a recently returning player, and I would have really loved to see a video...

Feb 17, 2017
  84. moogs replied to the thread new player tips and tricks video series.

This was one of the first ones that I recorded: [media] I hope to produce some more tomorrow. Had some problems with my video card...

Feb 17, 2017
  85. moogs replied to the thread How do I break charm? (enchanter).

It does. You can use Boots of the Mosquito or another item like that.

Feb 17, 2017
  86. moogs replied to the thread How do I break charm? (enchanter).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2492 For ease of use, Cloudy Potion on your Potion Belt (Shift+P) is your friend....

Feb 17, 2017
  87. moogs liked Slippry's post in the thread How do I break charm? (enchanter).

If you go invisible, charm will break. So, fast or instant invis AAs or items are the methods of choice for dropping charm.

Feb 17, 2017
  88. moogs replied to the thread UI Scaling.

Bummer, you're right. No one has shared a full UI set for 4k native. And for the record, I do agree that UI scaling would be a nice feature...

Feb 17, 2017
  89. moogs liked lolly's post in the thread Krono bannings, again!.

Krono Bannings? Sounds like a new Hobbit (erm I mean Halfling).

Feb 17, 2017
  90. moogs liked Gyurika Godofwar's post in the thread Purchase content for a friend.

You can either give them a prepaid gift card of your choosing or send them money to either PayPal or if they have a Greendot account like a...

Feb 17, 2017
  91. moogs replied to the thread Purchase content for a friend.

Just want to point out that PayPal is now an accepted form of payment. So you can send money to them very easily and they can pay for the...

Feb 17, 2017
  92. moogs liked Duhbeast's post in the thread PET FOCUS.

What focus do you have ~Mills~? Have you tried giving your pet luxurious gear? Full Dimensional warrior gear, brightblade + tempered blade,...

Feb 17, 2017
  93. moogs liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Krono bannings, again!.

if they are banning people on new accounts who buy krono you would think they would just not allow new accounts to do that.

Feb 17, 2017
  94. moogs liked disgruntled's post in the thread Krono bannings, again!.

Way to sell Kronos, DBG!

Feb 17, 2017
  95. moogs liked TokiwoTomare's post in the thread Krono bannings, again!.

Two of my accounts are banned today too, I assume it's probably the same thing because I recently bought Krono on the bazaar. I've never...

Feb 17, 2017
  96. moogs liked Cicelee's post in the thread Patch broke magicians.

I logged on today to test the magician changes in game. Unfortunately magicians are now supremely over powered. I killed thirty EOK mobs...

Feb 17, 2017
  97. moogs liked Roshen's post in the thread Don't Miss Huge Savings on Selected Marketplace Items, Before They're Gone.

[IMG] There will be up to 50% OFF many items in the marketplace starting on Monday, February 20, 2017. Love it… or leave it… because all...

Feb 16, 2017
  98. moogs replied to the thread UI Scaling.

This is best handled at www.eqinterface.com It's already been done or it's pretty easy with some XML editing. The bigger problem is that...

Feb 16, 2017
  99. moogs liked Mattnaik's post in the thread New merc gear NERFed my caster.

Well after relogging and suspending and unsuspending its back to normal. Must have just been a weird bug at the time.

Feb 16, 2017
  100. moogs liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Nerfs in General.

This is because every chanter who plays .. know's that was not the intent of the class ever. Yes many took advantage of it, but that...

Feb 16, 2017
  101. moogs liked Millianna's post in the thread Nerfs in General.

You should still be able to tank three mobs, just use your def tools. The only issue here is when you have multiple pulls of three or...

Feb 16, 2017
  102. moogs liked fransisco's post in the thread Nerfs in General.

Nerfs are very important. If something is overpowered, you just break things more by boosting EVERYONE else to be just as overpowered....

Feb 16, 2017
  103. moogs replied to the thread 3 box?.

Those drakes in the Creator missions...

Feb 16, 2017
  104. moogs replied to the thread Druid DOT damage this patch - broken on TLPs.

On the live servers, I tested the magic wasp dot and it did 550k damage for 10k mana. Pretty efficient at high levels. It's a good change...

Feb 15, 2017
  105. moogs replied to the thread PET FOCUS.

I just logged in and converted my merc gear. I'm very pleased with today's patch. I feel as though I can finally begin working through EOK...

Feb 15, 2017
  106. moogs replied to the thread PET FOCUS.

I am also thankful for the improvements to mercenaries and I'm looking forward to logging in to investigate the new gear, even if the...

Feb 15, 2017
  107. moogs liked Yimin's post in the thread PET FOCUS.

Thank you for making the rank of pet focus relevant again , I am pretty sure most of my fellow pet owners will agree ... Yi Min

Feb 15, 2017
  108. moogs replied to the thread PET FOCUS.

I think Yimin is referring to today's patch notes, which includes: - Added an innate defensive effect that reduces incoming damage to...

Feb 15, 2017
  109. moogs liked Cicelee's post in the thread Massive chanter nerf and no one is crying.

Although none of that really answers the question as to why raid enchanters think they are going to die on raids now every ten...

Feb 15, 2017
  110. moogs liked Sheex's post in the thread Just wondering why?.

OP must have been out sick the day they gave Knights stances. (Hint, a *lot* of the time, the whole "don't nerf me, buff him!" concept is...

Feb 15, 2017
  111. moogs liked Cicelee's post in the thread Just wondering why?.

If every class in the game could kill twelve spiders at once, then we would not have these changes. But a class could, and it drew envy and...

Feb 15, 2017
  112. moogs liked fransisco's post in the thread Just wondering why?.

When a ability is brokenly overpowered, it needs to be nerfed. No other reason needed.

Feb 15, 2017
  113. moogs liked Aeular's post in the thread Live Update Bugs 02/15/17.

Can confirm for sure at least some heroics don't work (stam is easy to test. Piece of gear with 1116 hp and +60 heroic stam, health...

Feb 15, 2017
  114. moogs liked Tucoh's post in the thread Finally moving on from CoTF.

Great job!

Feb 15, 2017
  115. moogs liked Gerzer's post in the thread Finally moving on from CoTF.

Got Tithnak to spawn and took him down with Warr Mage Chanter No mercs died and Warr never got mezzed - DPS was steady and the DoTs...

Feb 15, 2017
  116. moogs replied to the thread 3 box?.

What's annoying is that you're supposed to stop them from casting Gate or Complete Heal by stunning or bashing them, but the refresh time...

Feb 15, 2017
  117. moogs replied to the thread Massive chanter nerf and no one is crying.

This is exactly correct. This is the way the class and its abilities were designed. The runes are there so you don't immediately die...

Feb 15, 2017
  118. moogs liked Kassus's post in the thread Massive chanter nerf and no one is crying.

Chanters are not tanks. Let the tanks tank and cc mobs. Chanters get runes to help them survive when cc fails for a sec. The unity spells...

Feb 15, 2017
  119. moogs liked Elsewhere's post in the thread Cleric Merc vs Real Cleric for box group.

I main a Paladin, and for a while, I boxed a Magician with a Cleric merc, but have now changed to a real Cleric with a Rogue Merc.... why?...

Feb 15, 2017
  120. moogs replied to the thread 3 box?.

Yeah, the wavecrashers are a pain in the ***. I found a good way to deal with them; totally ignore them and let them beat on you as...

Feb 15, 2017
  121. moogs replied to the thread 3 box?.

Good luck! Make sure you know your way back to the zone line. You box, though, so you ought to be all right.

Feb 15, 2017
  122. moogs liked Felicite's post in the thread Pet focus question (and more).

Ah shoot, missed that. :oops: ;)

Feb 15, 2017
  123. moogs replied to the thread 3 box?.

There are a bunch of storm and lightning effects, which you'd assume would come from clouds. If not from clouds, then probably a...

Feb 15, 2017
  124. moogs replied to the thread Pet focus question (and more).

It's not the spell level to create the pet, it's the level of the pet itself. Your pet should be a dark blue con and it's usually (I...

Feb 15, 2017
  125. moogs replied to the thread Pet focus question (and more).

Ah shoot, missed that. :oops:

Feb 15, 2017
  126. moogs replied to the thread Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch.

Absolutely. Generally most interactions are positive, which is why I continue working with them.

Feb 15, 2017
  127. moogs replied to the thread Pet focus question (and more).

You don't click the item. It's a worn effect, so it's permanent. You just have to have it enabled when the pet is summoned.

Feb 15, 2017
  128. moogs liked Thash's post in the thread Pet focus question (and more).

The best post I've seen on pet foci is here: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2789 XII will affect 76-95 pets, the...

Feb 15, 2017
  129. moogs replied to the thread Pet focus question (and more).

I used Shard of the Jungle Sentinel, Servant's Bone, and I think Chipped Shards of Dread and the heroic one on various characters. All...

Feb 15, 2017
  130. moogs replied to the thread Pet focus question (and more).

Hi, From looking at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=17181 this should affect pets which are level 76+. That should be...

Feb 15, 2017
  131. moogs replied to the thread Video memory leaks.

Recently EQ has caused my video card to suddenly lose signal and then the GPU fan whirs like mad. Is this happening to anyone else?

Feb 15, 2017
  132. moogs replied to the thread Looking for a party.

This is the right section. You may want to post your character name, server, time zone and the usual times that you expect to be logged in.

Feb 14, 2017
  133. moogs replied to the thread Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch.

The best thing about Pantheon is that it's not being designed and "supported" by DBG.

Feb 14, 2017
  134. moogs replied to the thread New-old Player.

You're doing okay there. It's level appropriate, like you said. If you want more of a challenge you could try some of the Underfoot zones....

Feb 14, 2017
  135. moogs liked Warlain's post in the thread New-old Player.

Ok so I went gold with a mage box and I must say it's amazing. Although it's overwhelming I'm 92 on Ranger and almost 88 already on the...

Feb 14, 2017
  136. moogs replied to the thread Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch.

Easier said than done. I love new and returning players and I spend most of my time online working with them. Some of them are very...

Feb 14, 2017
  137. moogs replied to the thread Returning from an age ago..

Hey, nothing wrong with that. One of my friends used to click buffs off of his paladin because he considered it cheating.

Feb 14, 2017
  138. moogs replied to the thread 3 box?.

You have to open a support ticket to transfer characters between accounts. This is a paid service.

Feb 14, 2017
  139. moogs replied to the thread Returning from an age ago..

You should know that it's full of elementals now. They're around level 65-70. I went with a couple of guildies last week and we had a...

Feb 14, 2017
  140. moogs replied to the thread Returning from an age ago..

Peechka, let me know what you think of Splitpaw.

Feb 14, 2017
  141. moogs liked Peechka's post in the thread Returning from an age ago..

Soon as I was done with the rats,Lv40ish I moved to the middle part where the undead giants are, its like a crater just south of the rats,...

Feb 14, 2017
  142. moogs liked Brohg's post in the thread congrats druids.

That's not really the right question? They're hella efficient compared to old ones, if they're the right tool to begin with. Have to be...

Feb 14, 2017
  143. moogs liked Obiwon's post in the thread Druid as main healer.

I also like using the reptile buff line. not as great as it once was, but proc heals on the tank and lasts about 8 minutes or 72 hits. in...

Feb 14, 2017
  144. moogs liked Brohg's post in the thread Druid as main healer.

Yes, they (and you) absolutely can. Survival of the Seredipitous (0.5s cast super group heal, 90s cooldown) Resurgence (0.5s / 12s)...

Feb 14, 2017
  145. moogs liked Borias's post in the thread Druid as main healer.

I think the way they have balanced healing in the game druids and shamans make excellent healers for group content.

Feb 14, 2017
  146. moogs liked Gundolin's post in the thread Possible new player - Pros and cons wanted..

Being a warrior Cons: Being a good warrior is now probably one of the tougher classes to master. Mob positioning is important for groups...

Feb 14, 2017
  147. moogs replied to the thread Returning player with questions about grouping content and plat farming.

The druid epics - all of them: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 - are not worth doing other than as a matter of pride or unless you plan to remain...

Feb 14, 2017
  148. moogs replied to the thread Feb 15, The day all SHD became eunuchs..

SKs have lived the good life for a full decade or so. That's pretty remarkable in a game like this.

Feb 14, 2017
  149. moogs liked Annastasya's post in the thread Noob Shammy questions.

As far as shaman buffs making a difference in group- at lower levels your slows landing can cripple the damage output of mobs. (see what i...

Feb 13, 2017
  150. moogs replied to the thread Possible new player - Pros and cons wanted..

Welcome! You've come to the right place. Iksar warrior is pretty good. Play something you will enjoy. They get a small bonus to their armor...

Feb 13, 2017
  151. moogs replied to the thread Where to Pick Lock.

This is from 2004, but http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/training-studios/7281-pick-lock-skill-ups And you can...

Feb 13, 2017
  152. moogs replied to the thread Old/New Player.

Hi and welcome back! If you have a subscription you will want to upgrade your mercenary first thing:...

Feb 12, 2017
  153. moogs replied to the thread Returning Old School player....

Welcome back! It sounds like you're doing the right thing (making a new character to re-learn the game and see what has changed). You'll...

Feb 12, 2017
  154. moogs liked Anhari's post in the thread Returning from an age ago..

I am glad that I came back and read these forums. I forgot about the white rats, but am very glad to share them with you :)

Feb 11, 2017
  155. moogs liked Tzunamii's post in the thread Returning from an age ago..

Thanks moogs, this rat camp is Awesome! Just hit 35, and they're still dark Blue :cool:

Feb 11, 2017
  156. moogs liked CatsPaws's post in the thread 2 MERCs.

Group content is so easy now with the FTP accounts that I don't think they could make it easier. Unless they came over and played it for...

Feb 11, 2017
  157. moogs liked Gerzer's post in the thread 3 box?.

The following lineup would take a little changing your 'Tanking' mindset but has proven to be pretty indestructible through all of CoTF -...

Feb 11, 2017
  158. moogs replied to the thread Returning from an age ago..

Here's a map to the white rats: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/best-xp-camps-in-eq.238087/

Feb 10, 2017
  159. moogs liked IblisTheMage's post in the thread Returning from an age ago..

WB =)

Feb 10, 2017
  160. moogs liked Anhari's post in the thread Returning from an age ago..

Starting at level 21 with a merc (and a pet helps), goto Blightfire Moors, and find the white rats (silverfurs and whitherdfur) rats. They...

Feb 10, 2017
  161. moogs liked Tzunamii's post in the thread Returning from an age ago..

Thank you moogs for such a well though out reply, you gave my exactly what I was looking for :) Yes, I noticed the "defiant" drops. I was...

Feb 10, 2017
  162. moogs replied to the thread What is your strategy for run speed/mez/charm immune multi adds.

Have you tried Stun?

Feb 10, 2017
  163. moogs liked Dropfast's post in the thread congrats druids.

Congrats Druids! Lord knows you guys needed it >< Now if you can get them to make most everything snare / root - able again you'll be...

Feb 10, 2017
  164. moogs replied to the thread EQ Newb Here ....

Hi. Yes, there are several. Tereil listed a couple of the big ones: eq.zam.com (my personal favorite, it has nearly everything)...

Feb 10, 2017
  165. moogs replied to the thread Returning from an age ago..

Welcome back. Yes, the game has changed quite a bit. There are 20 more expansions' worth of zones and content than there used to be when...

Feb 10, 2017
  166. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

Bypassing the launcher is finally working. Thanks all.

Feb 9, 2017
  167. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

Mine was being rejected and then it was changing my account name (3 accounts) as though it didn't even recognize which account I was...

Feb 9, 2017
  168. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

When your company offers only one type of product (server-based software) you had better be skilled at supporting it, else kiss your...

Feb 9, 2017
  169. moogs posted a new thread.

fix the login server FOR GOOD

[IMG]

Forum: Player Support

Feb 9, 2017
  170. moogs liked Exmortis_MT's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

As much as I would like to agree with you? I can't. What we have been experiencing for the past month+ is not normal, or it should...

Feb 9, 2017
  171. moogs liked Felicite's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

I have potentially lost my patience.

Feb 9, 2017
  172. moogs liked Invictvs's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

Stop this fanboy ****. It's 2017 and the same issues happen EVERY WEEK.

Feb 9, 2017
  173. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

Sure, I mean you could make an argument that EQ is built on the framework of a Multi User Dungeon. They could change the setting (the...

Feb 9, 2017
  174. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

That was my first instinct but there's no confirmation of what is causing this "potential" login issue. Either way, there are solutions...

Feb 9, 2017
  175. moogs liked Aghinem's post in the thread Are you guys actually able 2 run a proper server service?!?.

A MUD I ran a long while back had a tcl script I wrote that would autostart the game if it seg faulted. The seg fault would produce...

Feb 9, 2017
  176. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

It does look nice. I continued watching. I don't see much that separates it from EQ apart from visuals. I have a personal "no other...

Feb 9, 2017
  177. moogs liked svann's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

The view from the top of that dungeon down to the bottom, and seeing someone fighting way down there, was awesome. If they can do that...

Feb 9, 2017
  178. moogs liked Exmortis_MT's post in the thread Are you guys actually able 2 run a proper server service?!?.

Though personally I am back end engineering, we have a set rule for operational outages. 15 minutes or less a communication to...

Feb 9, 2017
  179. moogs liked Geibahik's post in the thread Are you guys actually able 2 run a proper server service?!?.

Normally I dont say much about it except to say this is messed up but it been happening everyday for a few weeks now. Either get better...

Feb 9, 2017
  180. moogs replied to the thread How about you credit all Gold members with a few days!!!!.

We're not entitled to compensation, but it would be a smart gesture with customer retention in mind. The same old "thanks for your patience...

Feb 9, 2017
  181. moogs liked IHeartEurope's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

Pantheon will be the next big disappointment. Either it gest cancelled, or it will be released half-arsed.

Feb 9, 2017
  182. moogs liked Justbefairaboutit's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

Still cannot login. Just keeping you potentially updated DBG! Potentially thanks.

Feb 9, 2017
  183. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

Don't fire them. Reassign them to janitorial duties. That way, internal staff will feel the impact of when the toilets are nasty and...

Feb 9, 2017
  184. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

It's not even in Alpha but you can hand over your money early if you want to. In its current state (last video I watched was from...

Feb 9, 2017
  185. moogs replied to the thread When does the Double XP start?.

A free Krono for all accounts.

Feb 9, 2017
  186. moogs liked Ravaging's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

Probably see sunlight for the first time in years!

Feb 9, 2017
  187. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

Use all of that freed up bandwidth to amass the world's largest library of creepy Japanese pornography? Nah. More likely just spend a...

Feb 9, 2017
  188. moogs replied to the thread Log in DOWN!.

I blame H1Z1 for all of this. Wait. No, I don't. I blame Daybreak's inept management.

Feb 9, 2017
  189. moogs liked Vaako_SK's post in the thread Log in DOWN!.

So login server stability have been crap since release of EoK- don't you think it's about time you got it sorted, or hire someone with the...

Feb 9, 2017
  190. moogs replied to the thread Enchanter Nerf.

With respect, I think this is a fallacy. Like rangers headshotting and SKs swarming half the zone, I don't think these were intentional...

Feb 9, 2017
  191. moogs replied to the thread Enchanter Nerf.

Dealing with the Hazy Thoughts thing really sucks. I'm just going to stick with nukes in my group.

Feb 9, 2017
  192. moogs liked Sancus's post in the thread Necro/Shm dot changes.

Looks like Druids are getting changed this patch.

Feb 9, 2017
  193. moogs liked Brohg's post in the thread Necro/Shm dot changes.

Doesn't work that way Moogs. Shd & Dru are next to roll out. Shm & Necro will be last

Feb 9, 2017
  194. moogs replied to the thread Test Update 02/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Don't worry. They're next in line.

Feb 9, 2017
  195. moogs liked Raeff the Druid's post in the thread Test Update 02/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Wow! Looking forward to checking out the new druid dots and seeing how the Merc changes will help classes like mine that struggle to solo...

Feb 9, 2017
  196. moogs replied to the thread Enchanter Nerf.

There are enchanters main tanking for their groups in EOK because pets and mercs are so bad. At least the mercs will be boosted properly,...

Feb 9, 2017