Metanis's Recent Activity

1. Metanis liked MmmmBop's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I'm pretty sure every guild is going to say the drop rate comes out to approximately 1 tradeskill item per raid as the average....

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:36 PM
  2. Metanis replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

We got screwed again last night too. It's really disgusting. I remember some issue years ago where the Devs claimed everything was...

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:21 AM
  3. Metanis liked Tarkas's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Seems worse now? We've gone about 8 of 9 chests with 1 T2 drop...

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:17 AM
  4. Metanis liked Lodestar's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

The boss has provided an update directly above. I'd recommend spending some time getting to know the devs (direct messages) in...

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:12 AM
  5. Metanis replied to the thread Consistent crash to desktop when selecting server..

I'm too lazy to go back and find them for you, but check year-old posts in the Player Support section of these forums. Your problem was a...

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:16 AM
  6. Metanis liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

DX11 wasn't in game when LS was launched, which is when this bug started. Something else they did before that screwed it up.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:07 AM
  7. Metanis liked Yinla's post in the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

We had 1 hunter we couldn't hit tonight at the same spot. It seems DX11 has shifted the hitbox downward and now any piece of terain...

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:07 AM
  8. Metanis liked Vumad's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Sounds like your work is like everyone else's work. You have a meeting to plan the meeting. Everyone meets informally to discuss...

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:05 AM
  9. Metanis liked Vumad's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I saw Jurassic park. It took a really long time to get the goat deployed and the T-rex in position, but once it was done, the goat...

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:04 AM
  10. Metanis replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

The only appreciable stuttering I'm seeing is when I click on "Enter World" on a character. For part of that process there is a rapid-fire...

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:35 AM
  11. Metanis liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

To transfer off FV make a toon with the same name on the server you want to go to then level it up. And voila its just like you...

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:25 AM
  12. Metanis replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Prior to the patch last week my AMD systems experienced the issue and it seems relating to mage pets. I don't think I ever saw the issue on...

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:58 AM
  13. Metanis liked Eaedyilye's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

For me (FV server) it seems like it's the pet weapons that blow up. This may or may not be helpful for the devs who are trying to solve...

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:55 AM
  14. Metanis replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

Moors raid instance (from Dhakka) a moors rat located at 875,-383,-95 the graphic looked good like it was on top of the grass but only...

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:15 AM
  15. Metanis liked Lodestar's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

With the custom memory.ini settings Cairbrae has made available, and the most recent patch, the amount of hitching has decreased and only...

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:10 PM
  16. Metanis liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Game Update Notes - April 17, 2024.

The following note didn't make it into the original patch notes, but is currently live: *** Quests and Events *** - Set the...

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:48 PM
  17. Metanis liked Angeliana's post in the thread More Fippy Fest Information!.

[IMG] Fippy’s at it again! Fippy’s been busy sniffing out information to pass on and has come across the entire schedule! Take a quick...

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:47 PM
  18. Metanis liked Fenthen's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

[IMG] I'm gonna tell my kids this was a space game.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:16 AM
  19. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:58 AM
  20. Metanis liked Beco's post in the thread Confirmed Pet Melee Lag.

What are the odds, that we may see a fix, before the 5th anniversary of the first post of this thread has passed?

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:57 AM
  21. Metanis liked YellowBelly's post in the thread Polar Bear now spawning for Broken Key of Frost.

Ugh. I found out the problem. The map I was using did not have this particular crevasse drawn. The map maker must have missed it...

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:55 AM
  22. Metanis replied to the thread Group NPT.

I hate losing a spell slot to something with such a long refresh time. In addition to the valid complaints about casting refresh time,...

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:54 AM
  23. Metanis liked Toni's post in the thread Group NPT.

So does Mind Whirl, why use Tears?

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:47 AM
  24. Metanis liked Szilent's post in the thread Group NPT.

I'm a 1st place finisher. At the end of the day, npt is pretty minor to begin with.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:47 AM
  25. Metanis liked dentalplan's post in the thread Tower mount stats are too weak!.

The mount should at least be selo speed for the amount of effort it takes to get imho.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:37 AM
  26. Metanis liked Yinla's post in the thread Tower mount stats are too weak!.

Is there anything worth buying? I did the first mission and haven't done any since, not seen anything that would be worth my time to get...

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:36 AM
  27. Metanis posted a new thread.

Tower mount stats are too weak!

For 375 of the new Timeless Tokens you can buy an Argent Clockwork Boar Saddle which is a "Fast" mount and comes with mount blessing...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Apr 18, 2024
  28. Metanis liked Galvanize's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Mercs 100% killed the group cleric because people realized not much healing is actually needed and if they want to be semi afk or take...

Apr 18, 2024
  29. Metanis liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

It's like if you have errands to run after work, it's best to NOT sit down in a comfy chair, or they'll never get done :D

Apr 18, 2024
  30. Metanis liked Tarvas's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I recently learned that giving certain parts of a server stack a rest may end up with them deciding to rest eternally. A hamster in...

Apr 18, 2024
  31. Metanis replied to the thread Broken Key of Sands - Step 5 Giant doesn't spawn.

Sometimes you have to wander around the giant area to find the trigger point. It took me 5 minutes last time I did this.

Apr 18, 2024
  32. Metanis liked Thren's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

This made me laugh...

Apr 18, 2024
  33. Metanis liked Fenthen's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I can hardly wait for May when the drops double from 0 to 0.

Apr 18, 2024
  34. Metanis liked adetia's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

incredibly we had 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 0, 0 this week (extraordinarily good), which pushed us up over 1 drop per event average so far for the...

Apr 17, 2024
  35. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

I had it happen on one character in PoK earlier today. It happened by the Loyalist merchant and then in the Buff crowd near the Guild Lobby...

Apr 17, 2024
  36. Metanis liked Angahran's post in the thread Confirmed Broken Key of Frost.

It is possible to get all the pieces and repair the key without getting the updates for investigating the locations which means you have...

Apr 17, 2024
  37. Metanis liked Angeliana's post in the thread Server Downtime: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM.

Server downtime is being extended by 2 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Apr 17, 2024
  38. Metanis replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

FIFY! (Just kidding, I know there's always a big sense of relief that the team can get back to normal routines after a patch!)

Apr 17, 2024
  39. Metanis liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024
  40. Metanis liked Salinae's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

This actually would be a great thing to post out. I wish we had an AMA coming up. Since we have no facts I will make some up. Someone rolls...

Apr 17, 2024
  41. Metanis liked Cicelee's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Original post asks for a dev name to respond to inner workings. Thread creator goes back to Vet Lounge, sees blue DEV by thread title...

Apr 17, 2024
  42. Metanis liked Fanra's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

https://xkcd.com/303/ [IMG]

Apr 17, 2024
  43. Metanis liked Lluianae's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Looking back at NoS, I do remember what was perhaps the biggest motivation killer for me once maxed out on AAs that encapsulates this...

Apr 17, 2024
  44. Metanis liked Knifen's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I sure hope you mean mission zones only, cause if there is a way to get mercs into a raid dz we need to bring that back for non current...

Apr 17, 2024
  45. Metanis liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The change was for mission/raid instanced zones, not pickzones. There were ways of getting more players+mercs in them than the task allowed...

Apr 17, 2024
  46. Metanis liked Angahran's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

{quote}- Instanced zones will again attempt to suspend mercenaries if there are too many players in the zone. {quote} This really sucks...

Apr 17, 2024
  47. Metanis replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Completely true.

Apr 17, 2024
  48. Metanis liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

No way does any Ops team have this much energy. :cool:

Apr 17, 2024
  49. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Ngreth can really dance.

Apr 17, 2024
  50. Metanis liked Nebulism's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Note: I'm not a dev for this game, but experienced in other industries. The actual deployment of the next iteration of the code is likely...

Apr 17, 2024
  51. Metanis liked Jarok's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

After they start the scripts running, I imagine something like this? [IMG]

Apr 17, 2024
  52. Metanis replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I'd like to know who gets tasked with getting out of bed 2 or 3? (or more) hours early to actually shut down the servers this morning. And...

Apr 17, 2024
  53. Metanis liked Cicelee's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

So today's patch will be around 6-8 hours of downtime or so. And the red message says something about maintenance. But can anyone...

Apr 17, 2024
  54. Metanis replied to the thread How is data saved and stored here? And what can I do to protect things on my end?.

Those are the magic bullets usually. So if they aren't working for you then some aspect of your computing environment is probably to...

Apr 17, 2024
  55. Metanis replied to the thread Question on Boxing gameplay..

I think this is the only question you had that maybe needed to be expounded upon. I personally 6 box a lot. But most of us don't...

Apr 17, 2024
  56. Metanis liked Vumad's post in the thread Question on Boxing gameplay..

What class are you maining? I am assuming you are on a server with mercs as I reply. 2-box is fine. For example a MAG does okay...

Apr 17, 2024
  57. Metanis replied to the thread Returning Player - Graphics Help?.

To the OP, there are a number of things that you could do, but since there is a patch tomorrow morning perhaps wait until you install the...

Apr 16, 2024
  58. Metanis posted a new thread.

Terrible bad lag tonight for a few of us on Luclin server

Normal ping is about 90ms for me. Was over 200 most of the night. Did a tracert and a petition and attached the results. In our guild...

Forum: Player Support

Apr 16, 2024
  59. Metanis replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

I purchase and use software that can't be mentioned here but is totally legal. It runs my EQ clients in something called "emulated full...

Apr 16, 2024
  60. Metanis liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Bard: Aura of "_" vs. Echo of "_".

Aura of ___ follows your character. Echo of ___ creates a stationary aura where you initially "cast" the spell. Basic benefit to Echo...

Apr 16, 2024
  61. Metanis replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

If your computer's have fast enough USB ports in theory you could run EQ from an external NVMe drive caddy and just move the drive to which...

Apr 16, 2024
  62. Metanis liked Iven's post in the thread Keyboard question.

But you do surf there. [IMG]

Apr 16, 2024
  63. Metanis liked Angeliana's post in the thread Keyboard question.

Time for nachos?

Apr 16, 2024
  64. Metanis liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Thanks for all your work and effort on EQLP, kizant. The fact you put your own time into this and ask for nothing in return is a...

Apr 15, 2024
  65. Metanis liked Fenthen's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Kizant with EQLP and his numerous Caster DPS guides are one of the few folks really keeping this game afloat. I've been using EQLP for...

Apr 15, 2024
  66. Metanis liked Koutarou_E'ci's post in the thread Unkempt Woods - No Ignition achievement.

Burning the boss down so fast that this emote never happens also works.

Apr 15, 2024
  67. Metanis liked Yinla's post in the thread Unkempt Woods - No Ignition achievement.

Well maybe I should have asked for help before....we got the achievement this evening. Not sure we did anything different to normal....

Apr 15, 2024
  68. Metanis liked Vumad's post in the thread Unkempt Woods - No Ignition achievement.

It is certainly not the first problematic ACH that could use some adjustment (just a decrease in radius would be fine). It's already be...

Apr 15, 2024
  69. Metanis liked Drakang's post in the thread Unkempt Woods - No Ignition achievement.

[IMG]

Apr 15, 2024
  70. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Apr 15, 2024
  71. Metanis replied to the thread Keyboard question.

Make sure something called "USB Selective Suspend" is turned off in your Advanced Options for your Power Profile. Find it through Power...

Apr 15, 2024
  72. Metanis liked Candystore's post in the thread Keyboard question.

At $40 a keyboard should be a mechanical keyboard. This is a $40 keyboard with membrane switches, which is overpriced. You're paying for...

Apr 15, 2024
  73. Metanis liked Flatchy's post in the thread Keyboard question.

Have you turned it upside down and shook all the nacho chips and jujubes out of it? Ok im sorry, I know you are probably frustrated and...

Apr 15, 2024
  74. Metanis liked Galvanize's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Please don't push this to live. It's clearly not ready (I mean...fix plucked though but maybe revisit everything you think about AA and...

Apr 15, 2024
  75. Metanis liked Nightops's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Just posting this in general, it's not meant to debate any other postings in this thread. It's likely already been posted before too....

Apr 12, 2024
  76. Metanis liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I say without a moments hesitation that the negative impact to the PL sellers is absolutely worth the improved server experience for...

Apr 12, 2024
  77. Metanis liked Galvanize's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

So I just double checked using Alt+Enter on Live with overlays running to see if they would display if EQ occupied the fullscreen,...

Apr 12, 2024
  78. Metanis liked Knifen's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The switch to opening in windowed mode was the fix for many or not many (depending on who you ask) people that would load into a black...

Apr 12, 2024
  79. Metanis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Perhaps if you were to read this article then we would have a shared understanding:...

Apr 11, 2024
  80. Metanis liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

1 physical core runs 2 threads (CPUs), CPU0 and CPU1 are the same physical core and have to share the scheduler, so running 2 games on 1...

Apr 11, 2024
  81. Metanis liked Fanra's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Originally I was going to post this to the Test Update 04/09/2024 - New Bugs Only thread but it seems everyone is continuing to post it...

Apr 11, 2024
  82. Metanis liked adetia's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Its been a couple weeks, but we are still holding steady at around .9 on the whole (its technically up slightly at .94 but its not...

Apr 11, 2024
  83. Metanis liked error's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It's not a performance optimization. You optimize the common cases that make up 99.99999% of the zone load, not the rare case that make...

Apr 9, 2024
  84. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG] https://www.ndtv.com/science/total-solar-eclipses-a-look-at-myths-about-radiation-pregnancy-more-5398011

Apr 8, 2024
  85. Metanis replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Maybe it's just our guild or our server but it seems like our Valiant drop rate has been abysmal. 65 total drops since raids unlocked in...

Apr 8, 2024
  86. Metanis replied to the thread yes anew mark posting sigh dusting off the old laptops to 6 box.

For some of us this intensity of action is the real fun in the game. Not to mention the joy from learning how to play many different...

Apr 5, 2024
  87. Metanis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Soulbanshee's EverQuest Settings Parser.

The recommendations of 60 or 59 or 32 stem from having target rates that match display refresh rates. LCD typically refresh at 60Hz for...

Apr 5, 2024
  88. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Apr 5, 2024
  89. Metanis liked Angahran's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Hi kizant :) Raided last night just using EQLP instead of GINA and was pretty impressed. Didn't notice any lag,(from triggers anyway) and...

Apr 5, 2024
  90. Metanis replied to the thread Dragon Glyph and Buff Lock.

It's funny how you can tell the serious players by simply looking at their buffs.

Apr 5, 2024
  91. Metanis liked Gnomie's post in the thread Dragon Glyph and Buff Lock.

I noticed just a few minutes ago that using a dragon glyph while buff locked, just deletes the dragon glyph. It doesn't put it on...

Apr 5, 2024
  92. Metanis liked Sancus's post in the thread Current Priority of Bard Use - Raids.

No, while Necros/casters do benefit significantly from Bards, melee will benefit more all else equal. There are some technical points...

Apr 5, 2024
  93. Metanis liked Caemien's post in the thread Latest EQ patch files.

Thanks all for the ideas. It was definitely a firewall blocking me but I was able to use the patchme technique yesterday to get around it....

Apr 3, 2024
  94. Metanis liked Svann2's post in the thread Spell Bar Lockup/Clickies Not Fully Fixed.

Not clicking bard epic till they fix it. Not worth the risk.

Apr 3, 2024
  95. Metanis liked Zeelot's post in the thread Spell Bar Lockup/Clickies Not Fully Fixed.

Posting this in a new thread since Devs probably won't look at the other thread labelled "Fixed" This is not fixed and still people are...

Apr 3, 2024
  96. Metanis liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread destroyed a backpack. items inside GONE.

Confused as to the actions in your first post, but as far as deleting a bag, the bag and all the individual contents go into the recover...

Apr 2, 2024
  97. Metanis liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

Sadly, I think this is actually how their QA works now...as long as it doesn't actually break the game (make it unplayable), it get...

Apr 2, 2024
  98. Metanis liked Fanra's post in the thread Good's Maps Pack.

Goodurden's Maps - Link leads to Good's Maps 1-12-2024.zip which is latest.

Apr 2, 2024
  99. Metanis liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Soulbanshee's EverQuest Settings Parser.

Feature update, same links. I've fixed up the user guide to be more friendly in the instructions. User Guide Parser Download Settings...

Apr 2, 2024
  100. Metanis liked Angahran's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Ok, thank you. It's good to have lists :)

Apr 2, 2024
  101. Metanis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Info Needed Universal Chat service issue.

In your case, if you could learn what the difference was, then you could enable that setting on the Xfinity router to match the...

Apr 2, 2024
  102. Metanis liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread April is here, and that’s no joke!.

Get some! [IMG] Dirty mind, Bears like Fish!

Apr 2, 2024
  103. Metanis replied to the thread Latest EQ patch files.

Use your phone's hotspot temporarily as an alternate Internet source? Or try playing with a VPN so your local firewall can't see the...

Apr 2, 2024
  104. Metanis liked adetia's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

Throwing my vote in for leaving it in all year, or offering choice of aug as a completion reward/bonus. Have already, as many others have,...

Apr 2, 2024
  105. Metanis liked Tuvas's post in the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

This happened to me just now on my monk. I was clicking my staff of viral flux inside of the Greleth raid and after clicking the staff I...

Mar 31, 2024
  106. Metanis liked Fanra's post in the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

This is normal for the druid mana bear. If you still have the buff that prevents you from casting it until the timer is up, attempting to...

Mar 31, 2024
  107. Metanis liked Knifen's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

I didnt catch when you put in the fix but just did the entire Final Fuge mission with nothing stuttering when anything loaded in. Very nice

Mar 31, 2024
  108. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Mar 31, 2024
  109. Metanis liked Ranger Rallem's post in the thread Joke for the day.

Did you know the man who created the Ferris Wheel and the man who created the Carousel were alive at the same time but never met? You...

Mar 31, 2024
  110. Metanis replied to the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

I've always had the stuck gems problem on my bards. Some combination of song playing when you try to click an item will cause it to happen...

Mar 31, 2024
  111. Metanis replied to the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

So I'm pretty old and jaded so take that into consideration with my feeling that the salary range is much more negotiable than listed. It's...

Mar 31, 2024
  112. Metanis liked sforzando's post in the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

50k for a SE role in 2024? Bruh you can make ~45k working an entry level gig at Costco and don't even need a college degree. Add to that...

Mar 31, 2024
  113. Metanis liked Cuuthbert's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

Make the mana bear and AA!!!

Mar 30, 2024
  114. Metanis liked Fenthen's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

This is a new one. PoK didn't even texture in the tradeskill tables. You can still open them, however. [IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  115. Metanis liked Kaenneth's post in the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

I like how ambitious their application system is, with 10 digit IDs for positions.

Mar 29, 2024
  116. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

As a long-term volunteer post beta tester for EQ, I can, in fact, imagine that. I even pay for two accounts to keep testing. :D

Mar 29, 2024
  117. Metanis liked fransisco's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

I'm sure if they openly spoke about how they wanted to invest in the game with money earned instaed of just extracting profit, that...

Mar 29, 2024
  118. Metanis liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Lovely, lovely thought. Too bad EG7 holds the purse strings.

Mar 29, 2024
  119. Metanis replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Or they could just commit to 100% reinvestment in Everquest and then just ask their customers to help support more Developers by <you...

Mar 28, 2024
  120. Metanis liked DruidCT's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

If that annoyed designer was really able to push his case he would just get them to put in an option to not log the emotes needed for...

Mar 28, 2024
  121. Metanis liked Nobildus's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

Personally I think as long as people keep paying krono for PL'ing services then nothing about the botting situation will change. Why would...

Mar 28, 2024
  122. Metanis liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Test Hotfix 03/27/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

March 27, 2024 _____________________ *** Miscellaneous *** - Made the following changes related to DirectX 11: - - Pressing the ESC...

Mar 28, 2024
  123. Metanis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Thanks. We're following up on the new kaleidoscope information we're getting. It looks like a race condition is sneaking into two...

Mar 28, 2024
  124. Metanis liked kizant's post in the thread download gina.

Wax isn't installed on your system. It's just a GUI for editing WiX projects in visual studio. You don't even need to install Wax if...

Mar 28, 2024
  125. Metanis liked kizant's post in the thread download gina.

If GINA didn't exist, raiding in EQ would fall apart. EQ players are so very bad at video games.

Mar 28, 2024
  126. Metanis liked Febb's post in the thread download gina.

I think people who have found ways of being better at the game than me should be banned. They are obviously cheating.

Mar 28, 2024
  127. Metanis liked Ozon's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Pretty sure my #1 job is to look good, kekebabo

Mar 28, 2024
  128. Metanis liked Beimeith's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

There are already enough SPAs that can be used to improve Clerics. It is up to the designers to use them.

Mar 28, 2024
  129. Metanis liked Raji's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

But...Why is that the only fix that makes sense? What is wrong with clerics getting some form of DPS? Maybe some kind of increase to...

Mar 28, 2024
  130. Metanis liked Ozon's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I'll go so far as say nerfing 4 classes to bring them on par with one class that has been ignored for a long time is a good way...

Mar 28, 2024
  131. Metanis liked Allayna's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Of the 3 priests, you wasted your time making a druid, a shaman can do everything a druid can do and much much more. Having played a...

Mar 28, 2024
  132. Metanis liked Brickhaus's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

That's one of the best developer posts in a class thread I think I've ever read. Thank you for showing your concern.

Mar 28, 2024
  133. Metanis liked Rosemond's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I agree with the worry that any healing solution would be at the expense of non clerics. The way I've "hopefully" retained my role in...

Mar 28, 2024
  134. Metanis liked niente's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I made a post then edited it to a smiley face after thinking better of it. Then deleted it. I don't think my post being here or not is...

Mar 28, 2024
  135. Metanis liked Roughtongue's post in the thread Duplicate 25th Anniversary - Challenge Mission achievement not granted.

Our group of five completed the 25th Anniversary group mission yesterday evening on Bertox. We each collected a Vision of a Dragon's Egg...

Mar 28, 2024
  136. Metanis liked Annastasya's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

To be clear, i don't think clerics need or deserve any kind of help/buff in raids. Not more heals, not dps, not adps, not utility. i'm not...

Mar 25, 2024
  137. Metanis liked Bilderov's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

Looking at the latest 'puzzling event', it seems they're pushing towards the communities on the usual social media platforms rather than...

Mar 24, 2024
  138. Metanis liked filthytlpplayer's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

I feel like the explanation wasn't explicitly stated but could easily be picked up reading between the lines. The AMA, if anything, was...

Mar 23, 2024
  139. Metanis liked Bilderov's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

Go look at the bug forum and tell me that our devs are able to play a game with that many bugs when they are the ones responsible for...

Mar 23, 2024
  140. Metanis liked FYAD's post in the thread download gina.

First off, that's great for FF14, but this isn't FF14 and it doesn't appear that EQ is trying to make super challenging content nor...

Mar 23, 2024
  141. Metanis liked Bumkus's post in the thread box question.

I would set your War to be main toon, with others on /follow. This way War can engage mob and swing around to other side. This leaves...

Mar 23, 2024
  142. Metanis liked Vumad's post in the thread box question.

Oh, another tip. Set your BRD as MA. Then put the MA target on your tank's Xtar Set your SHM as Main Tank. Then put MT target on your...

Mar 23, 2024
  143. Metanis liked Vumad's post in the thread box question.

I would put the WAR on PC 1 and SHM on PC 2. I would probably put the BRD on PC1 as well, since it's easier to tab on PC1, but I'd...

Mar 23, 2024
  144. Metanis liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Been chomping at the bit on this one for a week, finally back from my mc'banning. I've been playing EQ since 2004, I met my wife playing...

Mar 23, 2024
  145. Metanis liked Allayna's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Learn the best spell lineup for survival, dps and aggro, as well as your disc stacking. Seed of Hatred in 165s, 5.13B Damage @31.08M, 1....

Mar 23, 2024
  146. Metanis liked Maedhros's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

From all this, the biggest mistake you made is going heroic agility. As a group tank, there is no comparison, heroic dex is by far...

Mar 23, 2024
  147. Metanis liked yepmetoo's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Main change to SK, done. Or just prepare to struggle through.

Mar 23, 2024
  148. Metanis replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

And we know there is at least one gaming graphics expert but we can't mention his product here. I've been using his code for years and...

Mar 21, 2024
  149. Metanis liked Fenthen's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Getting kind of tired of zoning and my weapons/shields don't load up. This has been problematic since Beta when DX11 was implemented, and...

Mar 21, 2024
  150. Metanis liked Derd's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

Any chance we can get slot 3 5 8 18 19 and 25 ;)

Mar 21, 2024
  151. Metanis liked Warpeace's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

Yet I got a forum time out for a comment I made directly relating to things like this. Things happen but that should never have made it to...

Mar 21, 2024
  152. Metanis liked Drakang's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

Or read and take action on bug reports

Mar 21, 2024
  153. Metanis liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

Thanks Metanis. I think the content creator program is a good idea. Any type of "earned media" is good. And there is room in this space...

Mar 21, 2024
  154. Metanis replied to the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

Everquest streaming videos are incredibly difficult to watch EVEN when you know how the game works. Every UI is different and ugly and...

Mar 20, 2024
  155. Metanis liked Risiko's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

DBG has not done anything to garner any glimmer of integrity enough over the past decade to convince me to partner my brand with them. I'd...

Mar 20, 2024
  156. Metanis liked Piznut's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

Seems like a lot of California businesses and residents are moving to Atlanta area lately. Even the Hollywood industry is moving...

Mar 20, 2024
  157. Metanis replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

End-game Clerics have been falling behind for so long now that only a really substantial DPS increase makes any sense. Every single spell...

Mar 20, 2024
  158. Metanis liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

That's because the devs have done a damn good job over the years of convincing players that EQ is a zero sum game...that in order to...

Mar 20, 2024
  159. Metanis liked Oberan's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I'm all for overheals giving some kind of short duration buff that increases damage on the target (make it a single server tick if its a...

Mar 20, 2024
  160. Metanis liked Annastasya's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

What about Chorus' post makes you think he was excluding AE heals? You can tweak this fictitious scenario any way you like to bring...

Mar 20, 2024
  161. Metanis liked adetia's post in the thread Final Fugue: Speed Limit (Raid).

Something has been out of whack on this one since beta, in my opinion. Possible Scenario 1: The achievement description text is incorrect...

Mar 19, 2024
  162. Metanis liked Roxxanna's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Candy crush is mildly entertaining Overseer is like that first paycheck you ever got, seeing the taxes for the first time, and realizing...

Mar 19, 2024
  163. Metanis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Duplicate Cant switch screens or go to desktop.

Make sure you only have only one line in your eqclient.ini file for this variable. If you find more than one, delete them (you can...

Mar 18, 2024
  164. Metanis liked Annastasya's post in the thread Cleric Raid Gear - Laurion Inn.

Hekaton is right, and it depends on your loot system of course. Laurion's Song, so far, is another expansion where, if your Cleric is fully...

Mar 18, 2024
  165. Metanis liked Bernel's post in the thread Drunkard's Stein - Galdorin Visigothe not singing his song.

You may have to throw a bottle at him to get him to start. When the quest is popular, he's singing all the time because someone was...

Mar 18, 2024
  166. Metanis liked Fenthen's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

Oh man, I have no idea what that's like!

Mar 18, 2024
  167. Metanis liked Fanra's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

Just helped another guild member with a 4 GB log file.

Mar 18, 2024
  168. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

But why not have the choice of which way to level?

Mar 18, 2024
  169. Metanis liked Angahran's post in the thread download gina.

Oops, sorry, this was a thread about GINA, my bad. I'll just leave this here. https://imgur.com/Bg0hDTL[IMG]

Mar 18, 2024
  170. Metanis liked Kaelwyse's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Support is part of the development lifecycle. If you don't have time to support a system, then you don't have time to develop that...

Mar 16, 2024
  171. Metanis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Fixed Internally Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Internal good news to share: Typical NPC spawn performance has been improved by about 10x and its contribution to per-frame spikes has been...

Mar 16, 2024
  172. Metanis liked Yinla's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

I will be using the benefits personas bring on the next TLP. I cannot be a beastlord at launch so I will be getting flags and keys on...

Mar 16, 2024
  173. Metanis replied to the thread Not A Bug Personal tribute seems capped at level 70 on my 121 bard.

You 'da man!!! This was it exactly. Nothing previously purchased scaled past level 70. Once I found some categories that scaled...

Mar 15, 2024
  174. Metanis liked Conq's post in the thread Fixed Internally extra planar potential shard.

Hope the sellers on Tunare enjoyed the prices I've been paying for these, cuz if they're dropping again, I'm dropping prices! Conq

Mar 15, 2024
  175. Metanis liked Tatanka's post in the thread download gina.

I think many people have moved over to using EQLogParser for overlays. I thought GINA was no longer being developed. Maybe I'm wrong, who...

Mar 15, 2024
  176. Metanis liked Covennx's post in the thread download gina.

People who use EQLogParser do 13% more damage than those who use GINA. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Mar 15, 2024
  177. Metanis replied to the thread Not A Bug Personal tribute seems capped at level 70 on my 121 bard.

When I sort by Level there is nothing higher than level 70. It's like there is a stuck entry in the database so that it doesn't correctly...

Mar 15, 2024
  178. Metanis replied to the thread Not A Bug Personal tribute seems capped at level 70 on my 121 bard.

This problem persists although now the Bard is level 125. Personal Tribute remains stuck at level 70. Trophy Tribute works normally. This...

Mar 15, 2024
  179. Metanis liked Dre.'s post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

At least that's over quickly. Every day I see a returning player who wants to "catch up" and sometimes even the occasional newbie...

Mar 15, 2024
  180. Metanis liked Nobildus's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Signed in to say that I was excited for the AMA and glad they followed through despite the responses. I made my character back in 2000, I...

Mar 15, 2024
  181. Metanis liked Jedipokey's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

1,000,000% this

Mar 15, 2024
  182. Metanis liked Cyrics's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

They literally could have just posted 3 answers at the very beginning and saved a lot of reading. A: We have thought about it A: We dont...

Mar 15, 2024
  183. Metanis replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

I live in Amish country. They won't put down a horse while it can still pull the wagon. The front office team must have the same philosophy...

Mar 14, 2024
  184. Metanis liked Anjanax's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

We are way past the "1 real cleric is better then 2 merc"-point. Noone really has a problem with our healing at the group game, other...

Mar 13, 2024
  185. Metanis liked Chorus's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I sometimes wonder why over-heal, of which there is a boatload in this game, isn't channeled into something useful. I don't think it would...

Mar 13, 2024
  186. Metanis liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

First lets take exp off mobs that folks have enjoyed farming for exp for years. Now replace that with exp off of missions but keep...

Mar 10, 2024
  187. Metanis liked Iven's post in the thread Joke for the day.

Ogres big and brutal make dem dwarves drink milk from orang utan. When dey fat and heavy chop, chop, chop making dwarven meaty.

Mar 9, 2024
  188. Metanis liked Anjanax's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

How about making the hammer pet immune to riposte/damage shields and detrimental spells in the first place? As off now the pet last a...

Mar 8, 2024
  189. Metanis liked Nennius's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

And just how did they get pregnant mister?

Mar 7, 2024
  190. Metanis liked Scornfire's post in the thread Cazic-Thule < Silent Redemption >.

Also looking for: More Cattens Don't actually have room for: More Cattens Maybe I actually could fit a few: More Cattens? [img]

Mar 7, 2024
  191. Metanis liked The real Sandaormo's post in the thread Sad.

The attitude these days is if your not in the top 2 finishing guilds, your are a trash player. That's fine, only the people that have...

Mar 7, 2024
  192. Metanis liked Riou's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It has no effect on live monks, only for tlp monks from like level 70-100, in which they will now use the ability line instead of...

Mar 7, 2024
  193. Metanis liked Nuttmeg's post in the thread Today is the day!.

You all haven't seen the price for the after-party, have you? "100 billion dollars" -Dr. Evil. Austin Powers

Mar 7, 2024
  194. Metanis liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Today is the day!.

I'd love to see the prices be a little lower, yeah. But I'm glad they're offering it. Happy Fippy Fest, everyone! If I may be so bold,...

Mar 7, 2024
  195. Metanis liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Vanilla?.

No, yes There are no official "vanilla" servers. The jail you started in is the Gloomingdeep Mines, which is the tutorial zone....

Mar 7, 2024
  196. Metanis liked jgrahl's post in the thread Cold Potato achievement.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences

Mar 7, 2024