menown's Recent Activity

1. menown liked Sancus's post in the thread Reparm.

Sounds about as likely as a cocoon spawning in sepulcher.

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM
  2. menown liked Spellfire's post in the thread Druid Wishes.

I'm not going to be that guy and post parses, but from what I'm seeing in raids, druids do not need more dps.

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:56 AM
  3. menown liked Dzarn's post in the thread Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Re: The veteran AA changes for progression servers. After some internal discussion we've opted to postpone this change until Dragons of...

Sep 13, 2019
  4. menown replied to the thread Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Were you testing in the GMM mission?

Sep 12, 2019
  5. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Fair enough. That's my fault for not doing the back search on the DDs to find one that is reflected to test. Just went for a high DD...

Sep 10, 2019
  6. menown replied to the thread Weapon Ornaments.

[img] Just a Halloween toy, but needs to be made into a Necro useable ornament.

Sep 10, 2019
  7. menown liked yosco's post in the thread Weapon Ornaments.

I just want a damn weapon ornament that doesn't include a 2-tick 55hp dot that makes it a complete waste of time to use. All of the LoN...

Sep 10, 2019
  8. menown replied to the thread Druid Wishes.

Raeff was very ineffective at making his point, using an interpretivist approach instead of a positivist approach. It is true that...

Sep 10, 2019
  9. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread GMM – Let’s get this over with..

End game raiders will be in the new content, doing progression and seeing the new zones, not flipping GMM. Why? Because the new expansion...

Sep 5, 2019
  10. menown liked Brohg's post in the thread The Ultimate Guide to Paladin Dps.

for short events, that effect is superceded by a chain of Season's Wrath > Elemental Arrow > Volatile Arrow AAs

Aug 29, 2019
  11. menown replied to the thread The Ultimate Guide to Paladin Dps.

The real benefit from Sumac is: 1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2% to 12% (Before Crit) 5: Limit Resist: Fire This benefits far more...

Aug 29, 2019
  12. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread The Ultimate Guide to Paladin Dps.

Interesting. A nothing sacrifice you say....would turning a mob undead....negate sumac by chance?

Aug 29, 2019
  13. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread SK's still need love.

You have gotten better at downplaying your class abilities (101)!

Aug 27, 2019
  14. menown liked Kimbella's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[img] [img]

Aug 26, 2019
  15. menown replied to the thread SK's still need love.

This is a good start. I would agree to this and fully support this idea. So should we take DPS away from the SK lifetaps, or maybe from...

Aug 26, 2019
  16. menown liked Spellfire's post in the thread SK's still need love.

I was going to post about DE, you beat me to it. This nerf occurred few years ago and I'm still annoyed how necros got f****d on fade...

Aug 25, 2019
  17. menown replied to the thread SK's still need love.

Let's look at a list. Cast times are faster for SK's lifetaps, and some are more powerful than Necros lifetaps. Cast times are instant...

Aug 25, 2019
  18. menown replied to the thread SK's still need love.

So you are basically saying you have nothing in common with necros anymore. Oh, it is okay to claim the good parts like FD, snare, and...

Aug 25, 2019
  19. menown liked Sancus's post in the thread SK's still need love.

My head still hasn't recovered from being slammed repeatedly into my desk when you wrote this in every thread back in 2016. Classes...

Aug 25, 2019
  20. menown replied to the thread SK's still need love.

So shouldn't the SK's DPS be primarily from DoTs and be sustained DPS with your logic? Why should they have high burst DPS? Why does most...

Aug 24, 2019
  21. menown replied to the thread SK's still need love.

Give me a compelling reason why SK DPS should be higher than paladins. I feel warriors should have higher DPS for sure.

Aug 24, 2019
  22. menown replied to the thread SK's still need love.

And what % of a DPS class should a SK's DPS be? This may also be a question for warriors.

Aug 23, 2019
  23. menown liked Sancus's post in the thread Test Update 08/13/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

No, we don't, because we don't play on potatoes. The lag we experience has nothing to do with client side lag, which /AFK can help...

Aug 21, 2019
  24. menown liked Pano's post in the thread SK's still need love.

The class wasn't designed to be able to die.

Aug 21, 2019
  25. menown liked Coas's post in the thread SK's still need love.

This is going to end up backfiring on you. You just opened the discussion for everyone to explain why SKs are overpowered and need a nerf...

Aug 21, 2019
  26. menown liked Mookus's post in the thread Spell Non-Crit ~= full resist.

Over the many expansions crit AAs have gotten larger and larger. And I gues to balance this, they have accordingly not increased our spell...

Aug 16, 2019
  27. menown liked Brohg's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

have you done swimming in EQ? fighting, underwater, in EQ? is that how you think everywhere in EQ should be?

Aug 13, 2019
  28. menown liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

no. Most of our zone geometry does not support flying.

Aug 13, 2019
  29. menown liked Prathun's post in the thread Aneuk Eye.

Looks like it's best to farm Aneuk NPCs in Dranik Sewers. Outside of the sewers, only that one Aneuk in Noble's Causeway has a chance to...

Aug 13, 2019
  30. menown liked Bahdah's post in the thread Two populations playing the same game.

"Aliens"

Aug 9, 2019
  31. menown replied to the thread Symphony of Arms - Firiona Vie.

Bump.

Aug 8, 2019
  32. menown replied to the thread Magicians next expansion.

??

Aug 6, 2019
  33. menown liked Yinla's post in the thread Stat Bloat.

And Cold!

Aug 3, 2019
  34. menown replied to the thread Largest class die offs ever..

Forgive me because I did not make quite clear my point. The phrase "Group-game" has been used synonymously as the "non-raid game" and...

Jul 30, 2019
  35. menown replied to the thread Largest class die offs ever..

Be more precise with your definition of the group game. If you mean non-raid content, then necros do fine solo/molo. This is true with...

Jul 30, 2019
  36. menown replied to the thread Stat Bloat.

WTB casting poison and casting disease/corruption type 18/19s.

Jul 29, 2019
  37. menown liked Tucoh's post in the thread What is the point of Talisman of the Unwavering?.

I don't know how technically challenging it'd be to do this but I'd love to see: 1. Shaman's HoTs (and others) stack much better. 2. EQ's...

Jul 29, 2019
  38. menown liked Brohg's post in the thread Priority berserker AAs?.

"to kill them"

Jul 27, 2019
  39. menown liked Sancus's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

Kizant right now: [IMG]

Jul 27, 2019
  40. menown liked Mazame's post in the thread In the next expac can we finally have a Pet Tab.

This still doesn't fix the biggest issue. When a pet dies having to re gear him sucks but not because of the equipping him but more so...

Jul 25, 2019
  41. menown replied to the thread Pet gear.

Primary and secondary slots should be made permanent. They should also allow swapping of weapons.

Jul 24, 2019
  42. menown replied to the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

Wait, what?

Jul 24, 2019
  43. menown liked Cailen's post in the thread Grats Scarlet Vengeance.

….. and finally there's 10

Jul 19, 2019
  44. menown liked Nylrem's post in the thread Largest class die offs ever..

Largest die offs ever matter not at all... Only thing that matters now, is current die offs. And necros win that, hands down. The...

Jul 19, 2019
  45. menown liked Eyezing's post in the thread Does beastlord molo better than mage?.

I'm a 110 bst and I like to think I do it well. Maybe I'm not seeing the right mages... Reading this forum, many of you aren't seeing the...

Jul 19, 2019
  46. menown liked Coas's post in the thread Pet HP numbers.

Mages do not want anyone seeing the hp their earth pets have, it would cause an uproar. Necros on the other hand don't want anyone seeing...

Jul 18, 2019
  47. menown replied to the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

I play a necro and could use 20 more type 3 slots for all the useful augs. I also agree with Venau that content > added ornaments. Must...

Jul 11, 2019
  48. menown replied to the thread Necro Spell 2019 Wish List.

I might have gone a bit overboard with some consolidations. Here is an improved list of consolidations. [img] I still think that the DoT...

Jul 8, 2019
  49. menown replied to the thread The Necro DoT Revamp.

And yet you ignore the fact that they can't do that. There will be no raising of the debuff limit for NPCs.

Jul 7, 2019
  50. menown replied to the thread Wizards Next Expansion.

I've noticed this too on my Berzerker alt. You have something like 100% riposte rate and you just have to get proxi agro for NPCs to charge...

Jul 2, 2019
  51. menown liked Beimeith's post in the thread Wizards Next Expansion.

2 words for you: 1) Resists 2) Interrupts I've been gearing up my warrior and good god what a difference it is as a melee/tank...

Jul 2, 2019
  52. menown replied to the thread Thanks for the necro for revamp!.

Feign Death has like a 1% chance of memblur. This is probably the case for Dewey.

Jun 23, 2019
  53. menown liked Brohg's post in the thread Necro Spell 2019 Wish List.

I like the consolidates. but still, that's 7, 8(+pet), 7, 8, 9(+pet) room for 4 more cuts! Combo down the group leech to the solo one,...

Jun 21, 2019
  54. menown replied to the thread Necro Spell 2019 Wish List.

We can safely assume that the spells we will get are the upgrades to the Ring of Scale spells. We can also assume that there is a minimum...

Jun 21, 2019
  55. menown replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Summer 2019 [Discussion].

[img] There is a reason why Necromancers and SKs beat some space horses to death. Never-the-less, this is a real class issue, and needs...

Jun 21, 2019
  56. menown replied to the thread Wizards Next Expansion.

New abilities don't require another button push. You can add new abilities to old ones for a combination effect. Think of one of your...

Jun 19, 2019
  57. menown liked kizant's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

When we hail a Fire Pet I think it should summon us a mod rod.

Jun 19, 2019
  58. menown liked ~Mills~'s post in the thread Producer's Letter: Summer 2019 [Discussion].

Have you seen a single person ask for the mistakes they made with others repeated for necromancers? Revamps for others consisted of...

Jun 19, 2019
  59. menown replied to the thread Necro Synergy?.

No.

Jun 18, 2019
  60. menown liked Forcallen's post in the thread Necro Spell 2019 Wish List.

Holly just confirmed a level increase. Once again they will probably say no time but a lot of these suggestions should be considered.

Jun 17, 2019
  61. menown liked VIvisec's post in the thread Monks....

I just came back to EverQuest a few days ago to play my favorite class: Monk. Ive been playing a monk in EQ since 2000 and it has been my...

Jun 14, 2019
  62. menown liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

Wait say that isn't so. I love bagels. Really?

Jun 13, 2019
  63. menown liked Warpeace's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

You mean like big bags and stat mounts? /shrug totally classic EQ right??

Jun 13, 2019
  64. menown replied to the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

At least donuts are healthier to eat than today's bagels.

Jun 13, 2019
  65. menown liked Ryino's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

[IMG]

Jun 13, 2019
  66. menown liked Sancus's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

This was great, but the whole system was subverted to a large degree by needing to run FF 50+ times for evo items (+/-, obviously,...

Jun 13, 2019
  67. menown replied to the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

More undead bosses so Paladins can stop complaining.

Jun 12, 2019
  68. menown liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

Meh. (And certainly not at that conversion rate... and no this is in no way a promise to do this.) Hell no. Way no. No way in heck....

Jun 12, 2019
  69. menown liked Riou's post in the thread Wishes for the next expansion?.

It's probably an uncommon opinion, but I liked how TBL was on the harder side and let me use more of my classes abilities instead of being...

Jun 12, 2019
  70. menown liked Axxius's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

If your strat relies on actually rooting wave mephits then you are making it harder for yourself. This change will make UEE easier. I see...

Jun 12, 2019
  71. menown liked Moege's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Not the thread for moaning and groaning.

Jun 12, 2019
  72. menown liked Moege's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Imagine you sitting deep in a dungeon, hearing the patter of multiple creatures then seen a rush of them past your camp lead by a bard...

Jun 12, 2019
  73. menown liked Moege's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Calm down: Teleport is not getting touched Translocation is the culprit, cast by druid/wizard. You know the one that pops up a little...

Jun 12, 2019
  74. menown liked Tucoh's post in the thread Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Glad to see the evolving item soothing augs get fixed! Will be interested to hear if they stack.

Jun 12, 2019
  75. menown replied to the thread Help with dru burn please?.

In necro group, when all the adps die, I always rez the bard first. :p

Jun 12, 2019
  76. menown liked Tucoh's post in the thread Mobs are resisting slow and mez more in the last 2 weeks.

There were some parses posted semi-recently in one of the slow belt drama threads that described the resist rate. If you looked at those...

Jun 7, 2019
  77. menown liked Tucoh's post in the thread Mobs are resisting slow and mez more in the last 2 weeks.

Then you're in luck because there's even more data about resist rates about spells in general!

Jun 7, 2019
  78. menown liked Angahran's post in the thread Guess someone rubbed the magic lamp.

If they would apply the advloot to forage and fishing that would be awesome! Set rusty daggers and waterlogged shoes to never :)

Jun 7, 2019
  79. menown liked Brohg's post in the thread Next Expansion Monk Ideas.

a generically Martial covenant? that would help the isolated players, but lower the damage of those who do get to raid in balanced forces

Jun 5, 2019
  80. menown replied to the thread TBL groundspawn shinies....

Enough with the insider information. More forum-quest.

Jun 4, 2019
  81. menown liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Raid muhbis non visible questions.

I confirmed (2 minutes ago) that they are set to "Skew rolls high"

May 29, 2019
  82. menown liked Tolzol's post in the thread Berserker DPS.

Main burn in a group setting would usually be brutal/savage spirit/juggernaut surge/furious or focused rampage/blinding fury/second...

May 29, 2019
  83. menown replied to the thread Necro Spell 2019 Wish List.

I could see a lot of these implemented on a level increase expansion as upgrded spells. I guess I was expecting the next expansion to be...

May 28, 2019
  84. menown liked strongbus's post in the thread luck gear.

have all 4 of the evolving items. just gota finish up some ach to get them leveled out lol

May 25, 2019
  85. menown posted a new thread.

Necro Spell 2019 Wish List

Another thread, posted by Forcallen, listed a Necro AA wish list for the upcoming expansion. This thread suggests desirable spells for the...

Forum: Casters

May 25, 2019
  86. menown replied to the thread luck gear.

The biggest increase from luck is going from 0 to 1. Just acquire at least 1 GMM group item and you will probably be good. Another option...

May 25, 2019
  87. menown liked WorriedinNorrath's post in the thread Help us Necromancers out here.

Don't take anything Xianzu says as serious. He's known on Tunare as the server autist that needs the last word on every conversation. Not...

May 20, 2019
  88. menown replied to the thread Help us Necromancers out here.

What proof do you have that the necro class is not balanced around having an epic focus? Increases come in more forms than just spells....

May 20, 2019
  89. menown liked kizant's post in the thread Eyes of Life and Decay.

All they need to do is let this item die off and make sure that classes that benefited the most from it receive the biggest buffs next...

May 19, 2019
  90. menown liked Sancus's post in the thread Pop-up messages in GMM raids.

Options -> Chat -> Event Messages -> Change Color. The "pop up" uses this color.

May 19, 2019
  91. menown replied to the thread Test Update 05/07/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Thank you.

May 7, 2019
  92. menown liked Brohg's post in the thread Live Update Bugs 04/17/2019.

Safe bet is that any weapon you were planning to exploit the missing rec:level on now has a rec:level

May 6, 2019
  93. menown liked ~Mills~'s post in the thread The Debuff Slot Crisis - Who to Blame and How to Fix.

Thats simply not true as every class has downsides and weaknesses. Right now zerkers destroy everyone in almost any setting its not...

May 6, 2019
  94. menown liked kizant's post in the thread The Debuff Slot Crisis - Who to Blame and How to Fix.

They really should just start by consolidating 1 spell and see how it goes and how much is involved. Then do another. Even if they only do...

Apr 30, 2019
  95. menown liked Siddar's post in the thread The Debuff Slot Crisis - Who to Blame and How to Fix.

You solve the debuff crisis by simply not having any necro's at raid. One necro uses 20 debuff slots two will use at least 39. And one...

Apr 29, 2019
  96. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread Rogues Lower DPS than Tanks?.

Thrillhouse is ROI. Fair points. We are improving as a guild and have been looking at what classes/abilities should never be on...

Apr 29, 2019
  97. menown replied to the thread Rogues Lower DPS than Tanks?.

The truely sad part is that Necros have weaker DoTs than other DoT classes. The wounds line can be debated. Maybe the enchanters should...

Apr 29, 2019
  98. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread Necro Dot Revamp.

Shaman: Malo, Fetid Decay, Turgur's Insects and Diminishment Enchanter: Tash, Tash Lingering Cry, Somnolence Druid: Sumac, Glistening...

Apr 25, 2019
  99. menown replied to the thread Mage Water Pet with Snare?.

Is your pet already weilding 2 other weapons with lower delays?

Apr 19, 2019
  100. menown replied to the thread GMM belt complaint and solution.

Please take the time to learn from others what each of the mitigation messages mean for slow spells, (ie slightly, partially, and...

Apr 18, 2019
  101. menown liked Allayna's post in the thread Good Luck.

Well wishes from Machin Shin to Triton, Silent Redemption, Crimson Tempest, Ring of Valor, Return of the Exiled, Reckless Ascension,...

Apr 17, 2019
  102. menown liked gotwar's post in the thread [Xegony] Realm of Insanity.

Bards, we're offering an accelerated benefits package (401k, medical, dental, vision + company discount) and increased DKP over the entry...

Apr 16, 2019
  103. menown replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I guess I don't know too much about SK lineups, but I do know that lifetaps will not proc the group heal. Yea, it would be a great belt...

Apr 16, 2019
  104. menown replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

That's funny. Because the last time my necro used slow was when I duoed with a mage. I cannot even reliably get a slow cast without a malo....

Apr 16, 2019
  105. menown liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

No. Not live yet. Only rings. Waring is correct. We also didn't look further backwards, only the most recent content.

Apr 16, 2019
  106. menown replied to the thread GMM belt complaint and solution.

Honest question here. How much agro does each proc give to tank classes?

Apr 15, 2019
  107. menown replied to the thread DoT Revamp.

First of all, I believe that it is crucial for Necros to gain a large DPS boost during a 60-90 sec burn. Currently, it takes me about...

Apr 10, 2019
  108. menown liked Ryak's post in the thread DoT Revamp.

I had a suggestion awhile ago that would be immediately doable and would at a minimum be a big step towards improving this issue. Reduce...

Apr 9, 2019
  109. menown liked Tucoh's post in the thread Which epics are still of use at 110?.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/epics-still-worth-it.252551/

Apr 6, 2019
  110. menown replied to the thread DoT Revamp.

I guess RoI is not a competent guild then. We hit the debuff cap easily with just 3 necros in raid. The second issue you pointed out is...

Apr 4, 2019
  111. menown liked Emarra's post in the thread Agro is all messed up please fix!.

This is one of the reasons I hate GameParse. People get so worked up over eeking out an extra 1dps or being worried that someone...

Apr 3, 2019
  112. menown liked Behelit's post in the thread Berserker weapon.

I've pitched for a Zerker only 2hander a few times to multiple different Item Devs, and the answer I always got was that class-specific...

Apr 2, 2019
  113. menown replied to the thread Does beastlord molo better than mage?.

The answer to your original question of which is better at solo/molo is SK. You said you played an SK at level 85 and it out performed the...

Mar 30, 2019
  114. menown liked Cicelee's post in the thread Does beastlord molo better than mage?.

Beastlords can molo better than magicians. However magicians can summon a mod rod, which apparently on raids is the most greatest important...

Mar 30, 2019
  115. menown replied to the thread Does beastlord molo better than mage?.

Both slow and cripple belts have been tested on pets. Neither proc. Beastlords make up for their slightly inferior pets with better buffs...

Mar 28, 2019
  116. menown replied to the thread Congrats Machin Shin - Mearatas down!.

/high five

Mar 28, 2019