MasterMagnus's Recent Activity

1. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I only said 'the whiners' I didn't imply anyone in this thread, obviously the whining (that seems to have spurred on FTE) took place in the...

Mar 16, 2024
  2. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Thanks for reminding us the whiners about KSing got FTE. And they'll keep using it, but you're still crying about it, just to players...

Mar 16, 2024
  3. MasterMagnus replied to the thread download gina.

Thank you, one of my all time favorites, only harpo gets better. "I was blind for three days!"

Mar 16, 2024
  4. MasterMagnus liked Tatanka's post in the thread download gina.

[media]

Mar 16, 2024
  5. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

I gave up on all housing when we lost our guild hall twice, now I don't bother with it. It takes too much effort to get it back as it...

Mar 16, 2024
  6. MasterMagnus liked Doezit's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I doubt that all the forum warriors crying here really even care about FTE.

Mar 16, 2024
  7. MasterMagnus liked Fizon's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

The literal hoops FTE enjoyers jump through to validate a crappy system...

Mar 16, 2024
  8. MasterMagnus liked Riou's post in the thread What you get!.

They can/do add new ones pretty much every day, the graphic isn't instantly created

Mar 16, 2024
  9. MasterMagnus replied to the thread What you get!.

So no more new zones? Actually that tracks. just kidding, you make an excellent point.

Mar 16, 2024
  10. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

"Bad actors and there were tons of them" is what we call an unsubstantiated claim. Or COOL STORY BRO. When you see a forum regular post...

Mar 16, 2024
  11. MasterMagnus liked Kaelwyse's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Support is part of the development lifecycle. If you don't have time to support a system, then you don't have time to develop that...

Mar 16, 2024
  12. MasterMagnus liked Fizon's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

How do you read that sentence and get "I want to take someone else's mob" from it??

Mar 16, 2024
  13. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Page 1 I said "these forum regulars" because, with me, their statements are far more beyond reproach than all the tears from this...

Mar 16, 2024
  14. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Page 1 I made fun of people crying about phantom trainers. Been laughing at y'all for 16 pages. If FTE fixed it for ya I don't get all...

Mar 16, 2024
  15. MasterMagnus liked Mesc's post in the thread What you get!.

What is really funny is the + sign after a lot of the statements. Like Spells: 68970 + number of spells in game. your telling me they...

Mar 16, 2024
  16. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

You're opinion is completely valid. I only stick around because I have a financial stake in the long life of EQ.

Mar 16, 2024
  17. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Literal blanket accusation against all people who support FTE. If you're going to try and say only people who posted in this thread...

Mar 16, 2024
  18. MasterMagnus replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

They had the rocks at one point. I'm not sure about the gumdrop pieces recently. I think they were new.

Mar 16, 2024
  19. MasterMagnus liked Rijacki's post in the thread The AMA responses are here!.

This makes me so sad. The reason there is "little interest" is in part because of how abandoned housing is from development and, from...

Mar 16, 2024
  20. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Man I haven't been playing for years. I'm the oracle. I predicted they would code themselves into a corner, and gave the game 7...

Mar 16, 2024
  21. MasterMagnus liked NuffanTuit's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I will on the new FTE server...may go back to my original server if they put FTE on it as well... What will you do if FTE goes the...

Mar 16, 2024
  22. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

More tears over your loots getting stolen? I thought FTE fixed all that. Go play on it. And... [media]

Mar 16, 2024
  23. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It's almost like they ask you to "explain it to me." Then when you explain they argue with you and accuse YOU of being disingenuous! The...

Mar 16, 2024
  24. MasterMagnus replied to the thread download gina.

It's an interesting point. I love modding, but that is almost always single player. Minecraft is a great exception to that, which...

Mar 16, 2024
  25. MasterMagnus liked KushallaFV's post in the thread download gina.

Yes, there's a reason it's sought out for the advantage it gives. Would you need the crutch, if the devs had actual feedback on...

Mar 16, 2024
  26. MasterMagnus replied to the thread download gina.

Seeking an advantage over what the game offers out of the box is not necessarily against the rules. It depends on what you're doing. For...

Mar 16, 2024
  27. MasterMagnus replied to the thread download gina.

Windows is the 1st party. Everything else runs within Windows. EQ is the 2nd party using Windows framework of services and APIs. *edit*...

Mar 15, 2024
  28. MasterMagnus replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

Snip snip here and clip clip there and a couple of tra la las. That's how we wash away what you say in the merry old land of Oz! [media]

Mar 14, 2024
  29. MasterMagnus liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread AMA Response Feedback.

Oh, for crying out loud...stop removing posts you don't like.

Mar 14, 2024
  30. MasterMagnus liked Kahna's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040612005456/http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service/cs_rules_of_conduct.jsp 2004 Rules of...

Mar 11, 2024
  31. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

Exactly, a factual thing. 1/5 of EQ's life before they felt the need to make a statement about GM's "Reflecting this Philosophy" 25 years...

Mar 11, 2024
  32. MasterMagnus liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

I played on Quelious in 1999, and then on Nameless when it opened. In Highpass Hold, wizards would routinely "KS" .or try to, the sharlok...

Mar 11, 2024
  33. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

??? I mentioned /yell. I'm talking about the game, not the real world. o_O

Mar 11, 2024
  34. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

Without quibbling over minutia (I might be inclined to on one or two points), that is close enough for me to agree with. again. /bow

Mar 11, 2024
  35. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Well I think it's probably quite an edge case. But /yell does disambiguate the situation. Interesting point.

Mar 11, 2024
  36. MasterMagnus liked Indigo_Quarmite's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I wouldn't say its hated. It doesn't function well is all. If in fact mischief rules are implemented with random and free trade - who...

Mar 11, 2024
  37. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

Of course not. That would be absurd. I was talking about the original design intentions, I hope I was clear about that. FTE was...

Mar 11, 2024
  38. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

I agree with much of what you say, just not your final conclusion. I think I've made myself clear on my opinion, as have you. /bow...

Mar 11, 2024
  39. MasterMagnus liked Fizon's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

That's kind of everyone's point. Oakwynd was DoA. There wasn't any open world competition so why bother? I know y'all will argue it was...

Mar 11, 2024
  40. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

DPS racing was 'built in to the game' because they never considered First To Engage AT ALL. Nobody ever considered giving you the exclusive...

Mar 11, 2024
  41. MasterMagnus liked fransisco's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

This thread makes me think of one of the mod strategies. Just keep it all contained and let itself burn out before closing it

Mar 11, 2024
  42. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

In reverse order. What a GM told you is one person's interpretation of the company's stance on how to handle online players AFTER the...

Mar 11, 2024
  43. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

You're wrong about that, period. This game and all it's design intentions were based on Dungeons And Dragons. I don't think Brad was some...

Mar 11, 2024
  44. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I'd like to note, anyone talking about DPS race or ping race is looking at this in a purely mechanical 'what is the best way to get that...

Mar 10, 2024
  45. MasterMagnus liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

I no longer recommend it. Sometimes I have gotten people to try it. It's laughable trying to get new people to see the value in it....

Mar 10, 2024
  46. MasterMagnus liked Azzlann's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

That's not one of my arguments against FTE. I dont really try to "deal" with Botters in any way. I rarely see anyone actually...

Mar 9, 2024
  47. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

You make a fair point. In my, admittedly limited knowledge... Training someone for any reason is forbidden. There are plenty of stories...

Mar 9, 2024
  48. MasterMagnus liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I am pretty sure FTE is here to stay and will be on every TLP going forward. You won't get any communication on it either. I mean,, they...

Mar 9, 2024
  49. MasterMagnus liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

The devs could solve this by at least telling us if they plan to have it on every future TLP, my hunch is they do. But at least if they...

Mar 9, 2024
  50. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Also no worries about the cell phone version. It drives me crazy and I had to immediately edit several myself, even when trying to check...

Mar 9, 2024
  51. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

To be fair, I have been saying this thread doesn't need to be here. I agree discussion should be had and not restricted. In my...

Mar 9, 2024
  52. MasterMagnus liked Demetri's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Perhaps I picked the wrong person to respond to, mobile version of the forum sucks, if so I apologize

Mar 9, 2024
  53. MasterMagnus liked Demetri's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Could be remedied, stupid phone keyboard makes proper editing before posting a chore

Mar 9, 2024
  54. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Let's just finish this up shall we? I used to think there may be some condition that renders a person literally incapable of admitting...

Mar 9, 2024
  55. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Ha, touche. I don't actually know. Just trying to say 2018 is still pretty green horn in my book, to be welcoming newcomers as if...

Mar 8, 2024
  56. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Welcome Mr 2018! How's it going for you? Did you learn about guilds yet?

Mar 8, 2024
  57. MasterMagnus liked Azzlann's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It's crazy. Also I would like to note that I have asked for some simple changes to FTE at a minimum that would not affect them in the...

Mar 8, 2024
  58. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

What "this" IS about is "Someone explain why FTE is so hated." Several people have stated an on point answer. Then the arguments about...

Mar 8, 2024
  59. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It also seems weird all the hand wringing over people who don't like FTE. And why are pro-FTE people crying so much for more FTE? If...

Mar 8, 2024
  60. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It is crystal clear to me, people saying to go to another game are doing EQ no favors. You have an FTE server, enjoy it. Let others enjoy...

Mar 8, 2024
  61. MasterMagnus liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Unless you have some particular nostalgia for EQ I can't imagine why someone would want to get into it for the first time at this point,...

Mar 8, 2024
  62. MasterMagnus liked Bobokin's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

With all of the EXP nerfs, max EXP nerfs, cut and past items, lather-rinse-repeat expacs, catering to boxers and raiders, and monetization...

Mar 8, 2024
  63. MasterMagnus liked Slik's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

I haven't even bothered finished reading all of these posts on FTE as I made the FTE conundrum thread days ago. But encounter locking does...

Mar 8, 2024
  64. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Some be like "I like FTE." Others be like "I don't like FTE." ForumQuest be like 'what's the best click bait title for another FTE...

Mar 8, 2024
  65. MasterMagnus liked Larsen's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It allows a single player to KS anyone, and lets anybody force groups out of camps. If you want to take a group's camp, just start tagging...

Mar 8, 2024
  66. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I've never bothered with WoS so I'm not sure how the Feren & discordling named are handled on TLPs, back when the expansion was...

Mar 8, 2024
  67. MasterMagnus liked Fizon's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Lol wut. People who can't compete with mobs for a DPS race talks about unable to compete against scripted bot armys that are warping and...

Mar 8, 2024
  68. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Stop me if you've heard this one before. There's this camel with a pile of straw on it's back. Each straw is very light. But the...

Mar 8, 2024
  69. MasterMagnus liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

FTE breaks the 4th wall, it takes one more thing away from the world Brad envisioned and makes it a convenient nice little computer game....

Mar 7, 2024
  70. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

You need prove nothing to me. Your opinion is valid regardless. Was just trying to warn, you may get that reaction from some. More...

Mar 7, 2024
  71. MasterMagnus liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

The two I"ve been posting with are my currently active accounts which are I guess newer because they are just from the last couple...

Mar 7, 2024
  72. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

You got me there. That was poorly worded by me. I apologize. I meant this thread seemed to ask for opinions, not instigate more threads...

Mar 7, 2024
  73. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Full disclosure, I haven't been playing for quite a while. And the newness of your account will bring some skepticism. Forum regulars...

Mar 7, 2024
  74. MasterMagnus liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I guess I could add that the vast majority of the people I play with are also not like that, probably 95% just like you. We just happen to...

Mar 7, 2024
  75. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It doesn't mean the majority aren't either. See how that is in itself a meaningless statement you made. A person's opinion is not up...

Mar 7, 2024
  76. MasterMagnus liked AzzlannOG's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

People just assume I'm constantly training people and KS'n people for fun just because I think FTE goes overboard and can be fixed. Or...

Mar 7, 2024
  77. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

It's funny how this thread starts with the OP saying straight out what they don't understand. People come and explain their opinion....

Mar 7, 2024
  78. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Any Part of the 'crew' still in the game from the start?.

Kevin Lydy reviewed and suggested refinements (if needed) to each Player Studio submission

Mar 7, 2024
  79. MasterMagnus liked Fanra's post in the thread Any Part of the 'crew' still in the game from the start?.

I don't know if Kevin Lydy invented the logo letter style just for the word EverQuest or not, but the closest (free) font I could find to...

Mar 7, 2024
  80. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

A big deal in EQ? What is that? Like your name is all over the game?

Mar 7, 2024
  81. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Who are you again? I'm drawing a blank. I'm quite familiar with Yinla, and her playing EQ for real bro.

Mar 7, 2024
  82. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Yinla explains it from a real player's perspective. Not some "I'm afraid of a" phantom hypothetical trainer perspective. If FTE is so...

Mar 7, 2024
  83. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

For me it is one step too far from the game I have played for the last 21 years. Waiting for mobs you can see to unlock so you can kill...

Mar 7, 2024
  84. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Super Sticky! - an adapted lyric.

You say you want another fest. And they say, "Well, hell yes!" "But will they pay, all of the way?" "Oh trust me, they will pay, they like...

Mar 1, 2024
  85. MasterMagnus replied to the thread equipment slot for food and drink?.

Too bad they don't have an HTML based UI so a player could build a custom UI for that. Oh wait... and wait... and wait...

Feb 25, 2024
  86. MasterMagnus liked mercury890's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

There's always the option to REVERT! It's been done before....

Feb 25, 2024
  87. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Announcement Timing.

Ding ding ding

Feb 24, 2024
  88. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Announcement Timing.

We are discussing main focus. People like Absor and art are working on the expansion a year+ before launch. It's not until much later...

Feb 24, 2024
  89. MasterMagnus liked Scila's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

haha - last person I know of that said that did bad bad stuff and was moved to a non-technical spot before the day ended.

Feb 24, 2024
  90. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

This reminds me of the time they fixed the gates in Kedge and broke the bridges in Naggys Lair. The old lady doesn't like to be messed...

Feb 24, 2024
  91. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Famous developer last words, goes like this: That can't happen. Subsystems x and y never interact with each other. Subsystems x and y...

Feb 24, 2024
  92. MasterMagnus liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

Why the hell have people bought into the idea that it's an either/or situation? Are we really this numb to crappy game performace that...

Feb 24, 2024
  93. MasterMagnus liked Andarriel's post in the thread Joke for the day.

I miss the 80's! Back when i was on my commodore 64 playing one of my favorite games of all time mule!

Feb 24, 2024
  94. MasterMagnus liked Metanis's post in the thread Joke for the day.

My generation is the last one to be reasonably sure we weren't being snooped on. In the 1960s and 70s the eavesdropping technologies...

Feb 24, 2024
  95. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Joke for the day.

[media] Who cares The path you choose Little to win But nothing to lose

Feb 24, 2024
  96. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Make EQ Open Source.

I think all the files you need are already out there. [img]

Feb 21, 2024
  97. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Where did I say I was quiting? Cancelling a sub, does not mean quiting, it means they aren't getting any more money out of me until...

Feb 21, 2024
  98. MasterMagnus liked Dre.'s post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I'm not convinced either of these are true. Developers I've worked with would absolutely abhor a 12 month cycle with a thesaurus...

Feb 21, 2024
  99. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I liked several of your posts, not because I'm happy about what was said, but because I appreciate the honesty coming from long time...

Feb 21, 2024
  100. MasterMagnus liked Monkeychunks's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I and a lot of my friends are "older players" and while we love the game and are happy just to play along we cannot stomach any more UI...

Feb 21, 2024
  101. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I hope each and everyone of them fill in the survey from survey monkey. If you haven't yet check your email associated with your...

Feb 21, 2024
  102. MasterMagnus liked Bobokin's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

60% of my guild, and 80% of our sister guild have left the game in the past three years. So much for retaining current players. From my...

Feb 21, 2024
  103. MasterMagnus liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I agree with you on leaving. Many of us are also leaving for various reasons but I think we can sum them all up in one old saying: its...

Feb 21, 2024
  104. MasterMagnus liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

No, some of them log in for raids a couple of nights a week. That doesn't even remotely come close to actually "playing" the game....

Feb 21, 2024
  105. MasterMagnus replied to the thread planetside sold?.

My personal player studio royalties (from EQ1, EQ2, Planetside2) have been down about 10% for the past 3 quarters. After being pretty...

Feb 15, 2024
  106. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Did a fun comic panel back then of Fironia jumping a shark on waterskis and then a shark jumping a caster on dry land. Good times.

Feb 13, 2024
  107. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

<knock knock> Who is it? Land shark. What? <Knock Knock> Who is it? Candy-gram. <Opens door>... [img]

Feb 13, 2024
  108. MasterMagnus liked Galarian's post in the thread DEVS: For Tier 3 Launch in March.

Please please please please please do not pull a 2020 where the leap year did something that didn't get the events launched at the right...

Feb 8, 2024
  109. MasterMagnus replied to the thread DEVS: For Tier 3 Launch in March.

[img]

Feb 8, 2024
  110. MasterMagnus liked Allayna's post in the thread DEVS: For Tier 3 Launch in March.

Complaining about that is like complaining that water has oxygen. Finding THE fastest way has always been a thing for EQ racing, like...

Feb 8, 2024
  111. MasterMagnus liked fransisco's post in the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

I feel I should point out you're just feeding a troll.

Feb 8, 2024
  112. MasterMagnus liked Kaenneth's post in the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

Dang, someone able to outdo UKK.

Feb 8, 2024
  113. MasterMagnus replied to the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

It's not clear to me what I thought could be accomplished by engaging here. I think I'm done.

Feb 2, 2024
  114. MasterMagnus liked Windance's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

One of the Dev's posted on why. The answer boils down to: 1 - It relied on the OS/graphics level drivers to support it. 2 - It didn't...

Jan 31, 2024
  115. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Sorry i didn't answer earlier. I read the article Cairbrae linked and took a deep dive (well maybe medium dive) into some further...

Jan 31, 2024
  116. MasterMagnus replied to the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

You didn't read that very well, and it's not pinned. It's just the last comment there because nobody went there for years. I posted...

Jan 31, 2024
  117. MasterMagnus replied to the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

No. Employees were never allowed to be Player Studio artists. Sony-columbus nova-Daybreak-EG7 have a non-exclusive licensing agreement...

Jan 30, 2024
  118. MasterMagnus replied to the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

They don't care, or literally aren't even aware of all the files they are installing with their own product?

Jan 30, 2024
  119. MasterMagnus liked CatsPaws's post in the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

This is the bug report forum. Where is the bug? It is not a bug that the forum is still there. The Guide forum is also still there...

Jan 30, 2024
  120. MasterMagnus replied to the thread PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts.

That is correct. The last employee that had anything to do with it was fired and it's completely closed to new submissions, for years....

Jan 30, 2024
  121. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

The article Cairbrae linked mentions gamma is an adapter setting, and not all video cards handle it in the same way. Also those of you...

Jan 30, 2024
  122. MasterMagnus liked Schadenfreude's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Then they need to examine the solutions that - and this is not hyperbole - every other game I have played in the last decade uses rather...

Jan 30, 2024
  123. MasterMagnus liked Captain Video's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

A three-year-old article published at a time when MS was publicly admonishing third-party developers, gaming and otherwise, for...

Jan 30, 2024
  124. MasterMagnus liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

I hear you and I'd like to respond once more on this particular side topic (of this thread). Please let me clarify any technical...

Jan 29, 2024
  125. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Is there any chance this could be approached without gamma? Like shaders for example?

Jan 29, 2024
  126. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. If you have ever coded for one of these changes you know Microsoft provides suggestions and code...

Jan 29, 2024
  127. MasterMagnus liked Laronk's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Just because there's not a 1:1 setting in dx11 doesn't mean dx11 doesn't support some kinda windowed gamma thingy because other games...

Jan 29, 2024
  128. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

LP stands for Long Play. As in a12 inch record, rather than a 7 inch (single or EP Extended Play). LP just became synonymous with 'a...

Jan 29, 2024
  129. MasterMagnus liked FyrasDrinal's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

batch file I wrote to archive log files before I start EQ @echo off set SRC=C:\EverQuest\*inventory.txt set DST=C:\EQ\Inventory copy...

Jan 27, 2024
  130. MasterMagnus liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

This is a valid point and one the powers that be need to pay attention to. It does not matter if your super tick tocker or old school...

Jan 26, 2024
  131. MasterMagnus liked Windance's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

Those same people know enough to type in game commands to turn their logs on. Give them a command to do so it game and they will be...

Jan 26, 2024
  132. MasterMagnus liked Fanra's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

I'm tech support for my guild. Members come to me and say how the game is lagging badly and they have trouble, especially during raids. I...

Jan 26, 2024
  133. MasterMagnus liked Scila's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

I'm going to agree with both on this one. Asking players to edit files is risky. There are three kinds of players. The ones that know...

Jan 26, 2024
  134. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

I agree with everyone saying this should be fixed by the company not workarounds. Just wanted to drop this in as a reminder....

Jan 26, 2024
  135. MasterMagnus replied to the thread A request for mounts.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/recent-mounts-familiars-and-use-of-overly-reflective-textures.289589/ Great....

Jan 16, 2024
  136. MasterMagnus liked ttobey's post in the thread A request for mounts.

OK cool. Will check in again next year and see if it's fixed.

Jan 16, 2024
  137. MasterMagnus replied to the thread A request for mounts.

You already passed that buck for him a year ago. It's also not about whoever may or may not be working on the bug. It's about you...

Jan 16, 2024
  138. MasterMagnus replied to the thread A request for mounts.

It's about checking your work before it goes into production.

Jan 16, 2024
  139. MasterMagnus liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread A request for mounts.

I'm sorry...did you seriously not know this is how mounts have worked since they were introduced in SoL? They have always "bounced"....

Jan 16, 2024
  140. MasterMagnus replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Did you forget snark is the thing I've been max level at.. forever?

Jan 16, 2024
  141. MasterMagnus replied to the thread A request for mounts.

He and the texture guy work on eq2. They just cram stuff into eq1 without looking at it, for over 20 years. Then they tell funny...

Jan 16, 2024
  142. MasterMagnus liked Silvena's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Somewhere in this Confirmed bug report, it was mentioned that it's a bug that's been in game a very long time. They're working on it....

Jan 16, 2024
  143. MasterMagnus liked Yinla's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Then they need to fix the lighting and tinting in items. ToV looked far better without a helm than with, the glare on white coloured...

Jan 16, 2024
  144. MasterMagnus replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Glad to see you stepped into the game (EQ1) and actually checked your work. Wondering if Covic ever looked at those extreme glare...

Jan 16, 2024
  145. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Would there be any market here for an enhanced Hero's Forge system?.

You can try this, if you're using 'new models'. Illusion trick: -put on items you want look of. -cast illusion on self. -put on items...

Dec 15, 2023
  146. MasterMagnus liked Myysterio's post in the thread Zek Mourns the Loss of a Legend (Armourcarr).

We've recently found Armourcarr, a long term staple of our server died back in August and as he spent 24 years on Rallos Zek and Zek...

Nov 22, 2023
  147. MasterMagnus posted a new thread.

Super Sticky! - an adapted lyric

Super Sticky! (to Ji Ham): adapted from the song "Putty In Your Hands" by Patton and Snyder, first recorded by The Shirelles, my favorite...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Nov 22, 2023
  148. MasterMagnus liked Skuz's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

It means you cannot say or claim to KNOW because you don't. If I forget how to ride a bike I can't say I know how to ride a bike....

Nov 16, 2023
  149. MasterMagnus liked Skuz's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

I did not ask if you knew EVERY quest, you saying that is a bad-faith response using bad-faith logic. I asked if you knew ANY that...

Nov 13, 2023
  150. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Alternate Persona.

Thank you for testing and returning here to give the most concise report yet! I really appreciate your effort. I'm aware things could...

Nov 13, 2023
  151. MasterMagnus liked DeadRagarr's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

General overview from Beta CURRENT patch of this post date: Cash Shop/payment: Prices - listed on Beta at one time but I can't find the...

Nov 13, 2023
  152. MasterMagnus replied to the thread If I had a Caster (the Persona Song): an adapted lyric....

Pretty tall order, but I like a challenge. If I had a Paladin, I'd slash and I'd hack, I'd drive evil back, All over Norrath. Then I'd...

Nov 5, 2023
  153. MasterMagnus liked fransisco's post in the thread If I had a Caster (the Persona Song): an adapted lyric....

I don't understand why, but I feel like the paladin verse should have something to do with a coffee maker

Nov 5, 2023
  154. MasterMagnus posted a new thread.

If I had a Caster (the Persona Song): an adapted lyric...

Adapted from the Pete Seeger and Lee Hays song (probably best known by the Peter, Paul, and Mary version) If I Had A Hammer (the Hammer...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Nov 3, 2023
  155. MasterMagnus replied to the thread What is EQX? The future of EverQuest?.

Yeah! You could attach the player to the axle that bumps along with the wheels and have them facing in an off center angle. You...

Nov 1, 2023
  156. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Laurion's Song - A Shifty Ditty.

It comes full circle. Now you're doing the critique poem? More power to ya!

Oct 24, 2023
  157. MasterMagnus liked Sissruukk's post in the thread Laurion's Song - A Shifty Ditty.

Just enjoy the ditty and give the OP some likes for it. No need to turn it into a x vs. y thread.

Oct 24, 2023
  158. MasterMagnus liked Skuz's post in the thread Laurion's Song - A Shifty Ditty.

Laurion's Song: Oh Laurion's Song is a woeful tale Of a land of hope that turned so pale A sickness had overcome the land As Norrath was...

Oct 24, 2023
  159. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Persistent Illusion AA not working.

Oh! I apologize, I don't even know what that is. I should have known you knew what you're talking about. /bow

Oct 24, 2023
  160. MasterMagnus liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Persistent Illusion AA not working.

This is for Elemental Form.

Oct 24, 2023
  161. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Persistent Illusion AA not working.

Persistent illusion is for YOU not your pet. Refer to this chart, and re-read that AA description (written in their typical...

Oct 24, 2023
  162. MasterMagnus liked Aanuvane's post in the thread Should game developrs be rotated out of projects..

Though there can be some perceived benefit in "fresh eyes" there's also a lot to be said for knowing where the skeletons are buried. Yinla...

Oct 24, 2023
  163. MasterMagnus liked Sissruukk's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

I like the devs and think it is great that they engage people. I sometimes post on the #pets-of-norrath section of Official EQ...

Oct 23, 2023
  164. MasterMagnus liked Barton's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

Sorry Frank, Sissruuk other that have legit problems with Discord I posted poorly I am fairly certain ......was fairly certain that...

Oct 23, 2023
  165. MasterMagnus liked FranktheBank's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

Szilent is right. It's not that deep. Accendo was too stupid to understand what the conversation was about, so he banned me and even...

Oct 23, 2023
  166. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Alternate Persona.

Oh I'm so out of practice! I meant to imply that i know the other context, not that I'm curious. Also meant to imply that was a...

Oct 23, 2023
  167. MasterMagnus liked Szilent's post in the thread Alternate Persona.

Don't go nuts speculating. They never even cleared the automod's ban list after disabling it for being wildly overzealous. There aren't...

Oct 23, 2023
  168. MasterMagnus replied to the thread Alternate Persona.

You sure there isn't a bit more context there, that you are aware of surrounding the issue? And possibly others are aware of also?...

Oct 23, 2023
  169. MasterMagnus liked Vlad Diszno's post in the thread Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun open for visitors.

102 Market Heights, Colonial Island, Drinal owner:Svengoofie Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun is a mix of a fun house, circus freakshow,...

Oct 23, 2023
  170. MasterMagnus liked Skuz's post in the thread What is EQX? The future of EverQuest?.

I could not have said it better, great point. While the presentation given spoke of bringing onboard a new dedicated team for EQ 3, I...

Oct 23, 2023