Mashef's Recent Activity

1. Mashef replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

Not toxic, and not a hater. It's just broken AF in it's current state. They need a lot of changes and work invested to make it...

Mar 8, 2024
  2. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

Obviously mages don't buff and heal. Derp.

Mar 8, 2024
  3. Mashef liked Slik's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

I haven't even bothered finished reading all of these posts on FTE as I made the FTE conundrum thread days ago. But encounter locking does...

Mar 8, 2024
  4. Mashef liked Faydark rider's post in the thread TLP Woes and Hopes - Constructive Thoughts Please.

its 1% that dont like krono. no krono no eq. there is no argument against it. the game doesnt exist without it and/or boxing. people can...

Mar 7, 2024
  5. Mashef liked eqfanforlife's post in the thread TLP Woes and Hopes - Constructive Thoughts Please.

It's more likely that 90% of players enjoy krono and 10% don't. No way in hell it's 50/50. The only reason why people flock to a new...

Mar 7, 2024
  6. Mashef liked jeskola's post in the thread TLP Woes and Hopes - Constructive Thoughts Please.

Can we please stop acting like a server with "no krono" is even a possibility? Can we at least make these threads sound real?

Mar 7, 2024
  7. Mashef replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

It only removed that because no one played. Not sure what is not registering. If Oakwynd was 1/10th as popular as...

Mar 7, 2024
  8. Mashef replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

Fair, they might both have them. But only if EQ3 is closer to ready then we think and they are looking to sunset TLPs and push people...

Mar 7, 2024
  9. Mashef replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

0.001% chance they both have FTE - it's wildly unpopular. Oakwynd is still around but I would venture 100% one of them has it.

Mar 7, 2024
  10. Mashef replied to the thread Remove Truebox from Agnarr?.

Would still love to start playing and enjoy the March 25th anniversary stuff while waiting for May - can only do so much ARPG gaming....

Mar 7, 2024
  11. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

You seem to lack any fundamental knowledge of how to measure something. Quit while you are behind.

Mar 7, 2024
  12. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

DPG doesn't give you numbers. They give you a high low or medium. Those are words not numbers. The way to get more people to play is...

Mar 7, 2024
  13. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

So what I said is correct. If many people turn them off immediately and you STILL have 4 gen chats that is a ton of players. If...

Mar 7, 2024
  14. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

The server status as high/med/low carries no weight. It is a poor barometer since no one knows the thresholds. You need to use...

Mar 7, 2024
  15. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

Very true. Random group loot was fantastic.

Mar 7, 2024
  16. Mashef liked Kahna's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

The fix for that is random loot. Rarely had anyone bother to steal my mobs on Mischief, and if they did I didn't care. Random loot...

Mar 7, 2024
  17. Mashef replied to the thread The FTE conundrum.

Yeah those didn't fix squat. It was still broken when I left lol. Easy to circumvent all that. Operative word is it "might" work as...

Mar 7, 2024
  18. Mashef replied to the thread The FTE conundrum.

So you can no longer heal or buff people who are target locked? This was not fixed in Luclin era when I left.

Mar 7, 2024
  19. Mashef replied to the thread The FTE conundrum.

It's easily circumvented by spamming rune/heals on a target, which unlocks the mob. So there is no actual benefit. People can engage...

Mar 7, 2024
  20. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

I'm in the camp it wasn't awful, there were some nice pros. Given that the bot crews (both OW named farmers and PL groups) learned to...

Mar 7, 2024
  21. Mashef replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

16 weeks of POP yet again is very disappointing. Shrink it to 12 and lump LDON in with it already. Or make it the standard 8.... 4...

Mar 7, 2024
  22. Mashef replied to the thread The FTE conundrum.

It reduced tickets because most of the TLP player base opted out of Oakwynd. Oakwynd proved that FTE is broken and they have done...

Mar 6, 2024
  23. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

That's because they were willing to try Oakwynd.. The people not commenting refused to even engage with the system and test oakwynd...

Mar 6, 2024
  24. Mashef replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

Also the botters just learned to spam rune or heal on you to unlock it and exploit it and take the mob anyways. Very broken. Unlikely...

Mar 6, 2024
  25. Mashef liked KronoQuester's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

In its current form mobs can be locked to other people and attack you. Happens more often than sometimes, suck when it happens forces your...

Mar 6, 2024
  26. Mashef replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

Teek is an interesting name choice...the only Teek in EQ I am aware of is the guy who does daily hot zone quests in POK....is there...

Mar 6, 2024
  27. Mashef replied to the thread Tormax and Teek servers.

2 things we know from this post... 1) a potential server name and starting point of kunark..if any credibility - decent start to avoid...

Mar 6, 2024
  28. Mashef replied to the thread My humble Oakwynd prediction for LDoN..

And I am saying it should be changed and agree with that poster. LDoN is actually fun. I enjoy pushing through those dungeons but its...

Mar 6, 2024
  29. Mashef liked WeCameWeConquered's post in the thread The FTE conundrum.

FTE should never happen again. In fact, remove it from Oakwynd while we're at it.

Mar 6, 2024
  30. Mashef replied to the thread The FTE conundrum.

Not a conundrum. Jchan explicitly said they are bringing back the most popular rulesets. FTE doesn't fall under that. No clue where the guy...

Mar 6, 2024
  31. Mashef liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

Only way that would be possible is if they created a new subscription that was only valid for that single server which would doom it...

Mar 6, 2024
  32. Mashef liked Kahna's post in the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

I will never understand why people think kronos "ruin" the game. If you don't like them don't use them. There is literally zero...

Mar 6, 2024
  33. Mashef liked NuffanTuit's post in the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

Here's the thing...you do not have to believe it for it to be true...LMAO Not only would stopping krono from a single server in a...

Mar 6, 2024
  34. Mashef liked Gibbity's post in the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

You can say "no krono" all you want. People will just complete the trade for the item and the trade for the krono on another server at the...

Mar 6, 2024
  35. Mashef replied to the thread My humble Oakwynd prediction for LDoN..

The numbers disagree. LDoN has a leaderboard for points. You can see at 18 or less players (3 groups) per server grind these points....

Mar 4, 2024
  36. Mashef replied to the thread TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes..

What new perspective do you want? Someone to agree with you? EQ has ran like a dozen TLP - anyone who was ever interested in coming...

Mar 4, 2024
  37. Mashef replied to the thread My humble Oakwynd prediction for LDoN..

The reality is LDoN should be completely revamped for TLP purposes. They should just adjust points to be 4x what they are currently...

Mar 1, 2024
  38. Mashef replied to the thread Class Picking Guide and Tier List for Classic.

Hope you like crow or being in a terrible guild where rogues parse well. But we won't get a classic start this year. They did it too...

Mar 1, 2024
  39. Mashef replied to the thread Class Picking Guide and Tier List for Classic.

Joke went over your head eh...Rogues are as bad in classic as non-existent classes.

Mar 1, 2024
  40. Mashef replied to the thread Class Picking Guide and Tier List for Classic.

[quote="Leorium, post: 4289083, member: 407589" Thoughts on Rogue firstly. A proper geared rogue will out dps Ranger on any fight...

Mar 1, 2024
  41. Mashef replied to the thread Class Picking Guide and Tier List for Classic.

Putting Rogue ahead of Beastlords/Bersekers invalidates the list for classic. Ranger should also be B tier. They are pretty strong in...

Mar 1, 2024
  42. Mashef liked Trevalon's post in the thread Is 5 years to complete a TLP really reasonable?.

I definitely think some expansions need the 12 weeks, but some are ridiculous. Now that I am on my 8th TLP and my 7th raid guild to lead, I...

Mar 1, 2024
  43. Mashef liked Trevalon's post in the thread Is 5 years to complete a TLP really reasonable?.

I Agree that half lockouts was a terrible solution. Every single person who left Selos and came to my guild on Mangler (Was it...

Mar 1, 2024
  44. Mashef replied to the thread Rogues adjustment for new tlp and PLers.

I think you are missing the point. The PLers are botters. You can literally watch your screen and the dudes just warp somewhere and...

Feb 29, 2024
  45. Mashef replied to the thread Is 5 years to complete a TLP really reasonable?.

No. 1 year to get To Level 70 alone is completely unreasonable. Double Loot, Double faction, 4 or 8 week timers depending on the...

Feb 29, 2024
  46. Mashef replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

Incorrect, I played both classes. Rangers easily get out DPS'd by rogues in Kunark/Velious. Rangers can WS to save a raid or engage...

Feb 29, 2024
  47. Mashef replied to the thread Announcement Timing.

I personally was hoping for a little more info this year during the actual anniversary even if near the end of it...perhaps allow time for...

Feb 22, 2024
  48. Mashef liked Shalom's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Agile was designed by prissy neckbeard hipsters and its the exact reason the video game industry is failing. Old School Game Developer...

Feb 20, 2024
  49. Mashef replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Which also meant the game was designed around the players needing to do massive amounts of coke to grind levels. Those days are over...

Feb 20, 2024
  50. Mashef replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

^^ This. My opinion is that most people are burnt out on classic and the associated drama with it (and Kunark) but we still show...

Feb 15, 2024
  51. Mashef liked natedogg's post in the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

I think you're conflating classic and fresh start. The two don't have to go hand-in-hand. Some people like classic, absolutly....

Feb 15, 2024
  52. Mashef replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

I don't think the server ruleset is going to determine anything for Mischief players at this point. They are either ready for a...

Feb 14, 2024
  53. Mashef replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

It's so annoying. DPG knows who is doing and does nothing to stop them. There are like 15 people EVERY server that spam 24/7 scripts in...

Feb 13, 2024
  54. Mashef liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

Now with Oakwynd dead as a doorknob, I am really hoping 25th TLP has a good ruleset AND has bazaar from day 1. I can NOT deal with the...

Feb 13, 2024
  55. Mashef liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

The irony is palpable.

Feb 13, 2024
  56. Mashef replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

You sound like an angry puppy. I don't care either way. I get the mobs I want. I was advising you politely that your argument...

Feb 13, 2024
  57. Mashef replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

Just another prime of example of why bazaar is needed on day 1. The botter dudes have become verbally abusive.

Feb 12, 2024
  58. Mashef liked TLP Addict's post in the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

And miss out on being verbally abused by Elfpie for making an offer, do you guys not into nostalgia or something?

Feb 12, 2024
  59. Mashef replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

Server stability was an issue when 1 player could keep a pick open until server reset. There were always excessive picks up all over...

Feb 12, 2024
  60. Mashef liked ibc93's post in the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

I love the OP post. I wish truebox was relaxed sooner. I don't want to be forced to buy 3 laptops so I can play an hour when my baby lets...

Feb 12, 2024
  61. Mashef replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

That's the point of increased exp rates. Once you are done AAing and finish your epic there is literally nothing to do. You can raid...

Feb 9, 2024
  62. Mashef liked itiswhatitis's post in the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

Oh and remove MoTM from raid mobs on previous expansions.

Feb 9, 2024
  63. Mashef replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

Problem is once you unsub you gone. Tried and true. Tested and proved. Seen it in every guild in every TLP I have been on which is...

Feb 9, 2024
  64. Mashef replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

Usually too many of these threads but this one seems to be reasonable duration and we are getting close now. Just my opinions - probably...

Feb 9, 2024
  65. Mashef replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

Shouldn't fall flat. It's basically a requirement for server to not be DOA. And yes, people will still play and it will still be full but...

Feb 9, 2024
  66. Mashef liked Krizem's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

I used to be in the longer unlock camp, but I realize now after a couple TLPs that the majority will still race to max level and you end up...

Feb 9, 2024
  67. Mashef replied to the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

This has been beat to death. Longer = worse. It's proven in population numbers. People can barely sustain for 3 months of an expansion....

Feb 9, 2024
  68. Mashef replied to the thread New server(s).

Sad it's still happening...really I left right before Luclin dropped. Seen enough of the botters getting away with whatever...if...

Feb 9, 2024
  69. Mashef liked Wassari's post in the thread New server(s).

I witnessed on Oakwynd this still happening with BOT Mages w/pets able to aggro mob before mob is aggrable (made that word up) for...

Feb 9, 2024
  70. Mashef replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

They can LOH rotation and toss 0% rezzes around since most raiders have the perk to not de-level. Superior class.

Feb 9, 2024
  71. Mashef replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

Honestly, give us the Nexus even. Let there be a port hub it doesn't negatively impact anyone. Disable the spires. Druids and...

Feb 9, 2024
  72. Mashef liked Cuzon's post in the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

I agree it is time there is a port to the Bazaar on day 1 of a TLP. Plop a translocator down in EC tunnel and deactivate the zone lines in...

Feb 9, 2024
  73. Mashef replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

It just sucks that we have to do it this way because they haven't opened baz at the start...they give the RMT / botters an edge up...

Feb 9, 2024
  74. Mashef replied to the thread New server(s).

It's almost as bad as their old opinion that casuals shouldn't be able to kill Nagafen.

Feb 9, 2024
  75. Mashef liked coltongrundy's post in the thread New server(s).

I'll never understand why but for some reason they really really really don't want people to crush old irrelevant content with over powered...

Feb 9, 2024
  76. Mashef replied to the thread New server(s).

It's a tricky point. It was super nice for pulling mobs thru other camps that were killing slow. It was nice that you could engage...

Feb 9, 2024
  77. Mashef replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

Velious/Kunark puts them ahead of rangers at least. So they move up from worst class to 2nd worst.

Feb 8, 2024
  78. Mashef liked khat's post in the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

I love this idea too. However, I would imagine they've already decided on what the TLP is going to be, and they are likely not real...

Feb 8, 2024
  79. Mashef liked Ddezul's post in the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

IIRC State inflation occurs after TSS mainly. TSS lock that started with GoD open would be amazing

Feb 8, 2024
  80. Mashef replied to the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

Just looked it up i think it really hits in DODH and Proph Ro - personally thats when there is too much noise/bloat. But I suppose...

Feb 8, 2024
  81. Mashef liked itiswhatitis's post in the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

Just locking at the lvl 70 expansions would be cool If they allowed free transfers off of Agnar once that expansion hits GoD and take...

Feb 8, 2024
  82. Mashef replied to the thread Remove Truebox from Agnarr?.

Good story. And so true. I got the itch and im bored but not ever pulling out my little box pcs ever again. So much work.

Feb 8, 2024
  83. Mashef liked Vetis's post in the thread Remove Truebox from Agnarr?.

Been playing since 1999. Done almost every single TLP. My most successful run was Aradune Classic - SoD with few breaks. When I...

Feb 8, 2024
  84. Mashef replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

Not sure how this hasn't happened. Only people that want CL tunnel are people that are botters and exploit market 24/7 and never...

Feb 8, 2024
  85. Mashef liked Wassari's post in the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

New TLP Make all the POK stones connect to nexus. Change it up. I heard a new race was being released for the 25th anniversary. Make...

Feb 8, 2024
  86. Mashef replied to the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

Not gonna lie. OoW/DoN would be pretty cool for an era lock. Would play and allow me to max out a a character. I never really played...

Feb 8, 2024
  87. Mashef liked Xeris's post in the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

In the annual tradition of people begging for TLP servers with different rulesets, let me once again make the case for an era locked...

Feb 8, 2024
  88. Mashef replied to the thread Looking for a TLP to play on.

I apologize. I was trying to state that maybe they will give us the ruleset during the anniversary not the actual server. I...

Jan 29, 2024
  89. Mashef replied to the thread Steal from Season of Discovery!!.

You find it unreasonable that a game could re-invent the market? Unlikely yes, but also without EQ - they wouldn't even exist or...

Jan 29, 2024
  90. Mashef replied to the thread Steal from Season of Discovery!!.

Slacking off or redundant positions. Somewhat interchangable. If I was consulting for Microsoft and looking at this acquisition I would...

Jan 29, 2024
  91. Mashef replied to the thread Looking for a TLP to play on.

Agree with above. Will also add that Oakwynd also has some funky rules that are unlikely to be on the next TLP. If you are just looking...

Jan 29, 2024
  92. Mashef replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

Classic/Kunark they are the worst of the worst. Velious 1-2 rogues per 72 man raid is acceptable once they have avatar. Still not...

Jan 28, 2024
  93. Mashef replied to the thread EQ1 To do list.

Huge win for items 1-4. Hard pass on the persona change. Keep personas difficult for TLP. Bad enough they allow them on TLP.

Jan 26, 2024
  94. Mashef liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Steal from Season of Discovery!!.

It should also be noted that they have just canceled a survival game that has been in development for over 6 years and it is likely...

Jan 26, 2024
  95. Mashef replied to the thread Producer's Letter October 2023.

Some good points on those two but hard to justify the price tag I suppose for content I won't most likely play. A TLP package of...

Oct 6, 2023
  96. Mashef liked Skuz's post in the thread Producer's Letter October 2023.

Transporters are a big one. Tradeskill depot was another (imho) The Persona thing has me intrigued, I might play live again just for...

Oct 6, 2023
  97. Mashef replied to the thread Producer's Letter October 2023.

I would just like to add this. I hope to see more items in the expansion that are TLP claimable in a reasonable time frame. Give me a...

Oct 6, 2023
  98. Mashef replied to the thread Overseer Guide - TLPs.

Call me crazy but it would be kind of fun to do these if they opened them up on all TLP servers at start. EQ2 did it and the rewards are...

Oct 6, 2023