Magneress's Recent Activity

1. Magneress replied to the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Bolded the important bit for the games CSR and moderators to consider. Incase anyone misses it or struggles with the queens...

May 26, 2020
  2. Magneress liked dreadlord's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Before we get there, I would really *really* like the 'straightforward' solution to happen. I know the AB bot crew has had many many...

May 26, 2020
  3. Magneress liked Zulan's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

I mean honestly, I could care less about Macaroni being used in EQ, it's literally Part of the game it's so widely used. The issue is,...

May 26, 2020
  4. Magneress liked Tatanka's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Completely beside the point. DPG gets X dollars for every paying account, whether it's a sub, a Krono the user buys, or a Krono...

May 26, 2020
  5. Magneress liked dreadlord's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Nope.Don't do that. Friend was at a camp with his alts. Bots set up right on top of them. Friend pulled a heap of mobs (he's a raid tank...

May 26, 2020
  6. Magneress replied to the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Seems pretty corrupt to me. Something like a foreign business would do run by the mob. Ya'll think EQs IP is already shipped out?...

May 26, 2020
  7. Magneress liked Xyphen's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

It's really strange that you're more likely to get suspended for interfering with a bot group than for being one. That kind of sends a...

May 26, 2020
  8. Magneress liked Dracolindus's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

There are some pretty fool proof techniques that can severely limit the monopoly these botters hold over a zone. Since they clearly...

May 26, 2020
  9. Magneress liked Metanis's post in the thread The "Patch".

Electrons don't come cheap!

May 25, 2020
  10. Magneress liked Nennius's post in the thread The "Patch".

Quite so. In the late 1970's my Dad and I were called to install the AC for a computer company in Sorrento Valley in San Diego. Most of...

May 25, 2020
  11. Magneress liked 666DPSweDeliver's post in the thread Seriously Disappointed.

Excuse me, yes Mr. Senator, I'd like a moment of your time to speak to you about Everquest. You see its a 20 year old game with a...

May 25, 2020
  12. Magneress liked Vumad's post in the thread 1st heroic character?.

Then perhaps consider playing a puller. The top pulling classes are MNK, BRD, ENC and NEC (undead) Other classes can pull as...

May 25, 2020
  13. Magneress liked bigpapa's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

AFK bot can get much more plats than other players who play 3 to 6 hours a day (since they kill non stop ). i am pretty sure they pay...

May 25, 2020
  14. Magneress replied to the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

I suggest keeping this thread at the top of the forum till DBG and others organize then. It's sad, this is however 2020. I think the...

May 25, 2020
  15. Magneress liked cadres's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

I don't know much about FTP accs, but aren't they very limited (gear/AAs etc?) If so, the AB bot groups are not FTP, given their dps and so...

May 25, 2020
  16. Magneress liked Tatanka's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

EVE online does this. You can box entire fleets if you want, but they all have to be paid. If you have a F2P account logged in, no...

May 25, 2020
  17. Magneress replied to the thread 1st heroic character?.

[IMG] This was a really good write up. You clarified a lot. I see what you mean by healer vs support rolls. The game has a lot of...

May 25, 2020
  18. Magneress liked Vumad's post in the thread 1st heroic character?.

Wow, there's just so much going on here and so much bad information. In the 20-30 range you will have a very good idea of the...

May 25, 2020
  19. Magneress replied to the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Suggestions in order of effectiveness adjusted for simplicity of implimentation for combating botting, Limit free to play account level to...

May 25, 2020
  20. Magneress liked Zulan's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Bristlebane is slowing becoming the next Antonious Bale! The exact same group has been sitting in Sathirs Tomb for 7 weeks straight now,...

May 25, 2020
  21. Magneress liked dreadlord's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

Greetings and sympathy from AB! We've had our usual guy at his usual camp in GD non-stop since about 4 hours after servers came up last...

May 25, 2020
  22. Magneress liked Zamiam's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

you know im sure no one wants to hear this (and Im against bot groups that sit at camps for days on end) but if enough peeps voted with...

May 25, 2020
  23. Magneress liked Zamiam's post in the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

they can block IP addresses .. pick zone requires a minimum amount of peeps in zone before it will let you /pick to another...

May 25, 2020
  24. Magneress replied to the thread The Next Antonious Bale!.

How is Zek these days for bots? Anyway, GMs should just mercilessly nuke anyone with more than 3 boxes. Could a monk help? And a big part...

May 25, 2020
  25. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

Yeah I noticed only one person sorta mentioned it, a lot of the 'loot camps' and dungeons can be locked down by level single 50s. I feel...

May 24, 2020
  26. Magneress replied to the thread Seriously Disappointed.

I sure know I do, but I have a hard time picking up the phone even when someone calls to check I am still alive lol. *sighs* I got...

May 24, 2020
  27. Magneress liked Cicelee's post in the thread Seriously Disappointed.

I think some Everquest players need therapists to talk to them once a week about some things...

May 24, 2020
  28. Magneress replied to the thread Seriously Disappointed.

I think everyone cruises these boards when there's an outage or w/e they are bored with downtime at work occasionally. I really doubt a lot...

May 24, 2020
  29. Magneress replied to the thread 1st heroic character?.

How do the classes play compared to the 1-20 versions. Can I get a good feel for how my character will be at 20 or will it just totally be...

May 24, 2020
  30. Magneress liked BPS1177's post in the thread 1st heroic character?.

I am back from a two year hiatus and jumping into a level 85 is just completely overwhelming... Good luck making the jump and yeah I would...

May 24, 2020
  31. Magneress replied to the thread Need help picking straight DPS class for Aradune.

monk wiz rogue mage, roll the dice on any of those :D

May 23, 2020
  32. Magneress liked mark's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

so a long time ago pop opened on a server where i was 12 boxing i logged my toons on spoke in guild and said need 5 people to lvl with...

May 23, 2020
  33. Magneress liked Herf's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

OMFG! Sinzan down!!!

May 22, 2020
  34. Magneress liked tryieq's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

YES Its called diminishing returns. A single account player must make his char the best it can be! so he is willing to spend...

May 22, 2020
  35. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

If the rules are enforced lets hope we don't see this on Rizlona. I do think darkpaw has realized this is bad for the game.

May 22, 2020
  36. Magneress liked Jhazz's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I lived through the box armies on Ragefire, that was a horrible experience. All the armies would just sit on good loot spots making it hard...

May 22, 2020
  37. Magneress replied to the thread Advanced loot crash returned.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/advanced-loot-crash-returned.264617/ See this thread. Delete your advanced loot...

May 22, 2020
  38. Magneress replied to the thread Confirmed client crash caused by changing Advanced Loot filters.

Had this happen in Paludal Caverns today 5/22/2020 with a Red Fungal Fiend Spores from a a plerg phlarg fiend...

May 22, 2020
  39. Magneress liked Kutsuu's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

It's likely that it will be much easier to find groups than you think. There will be a lot of players that are only comfortable with 2-3...

May 22, 2020
  40. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I feel like where the true-box rule set is most desired, is the early expansions. Where content is limited and there are no options for the...

May 22, 2020
  41. Magneress liked Sikkun's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

You don’t have to read many forum post to realize why a chunk of people don’t want to just group with anyone. But that isn’t a boxing vs...

May 22, 2020
  42. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

Were did I say all boxers or soloers were evil scumbags and shouldn't be allowed? I actually agree with the people who don't want to...

May 22, 2020
  43. Magneress liked Mrjon3s's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I was being the devils advocate and giving out the reason why people won't be grouping with random people past a certain point because...

May 22, 2020
  44. Magneress liked andromeda's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

Again, I'm talking about the devs. They're not the ones making the decisions on how to allocate funds.

May 22, 2020
  45. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

Because I can always level my box easy as pie Because maybe I will see that guy again Because I care about the random stranger on the...

May 22, 2020
  46. Magneress liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Lets see your UI's..

[IMG]

May 21, 2020
  47. Magneress replied to the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

Simultaneously terrifying and fascinating. That looks like it takes some effort and skill to stay in character for awhile and add some...

May 21, 2020
  48. Magneress liked Nennius's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

Last I heard Los Angeles is still crowded. More likely it is a cattle call for the next Zombie apocalypse movie. [media]

May 21, 2020
  49. Magneress liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

I particularly liked the Star Trek one with the tribbles. :D

May 21, 2020
  50. Magneress liked Intenso's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

Hell is full?

May 21, 2020
  51. Magneress liked Fohpo's post in the thread The "Patch".

Numerous studies have shown that the thing most likely to get you hired is a social connection/network.

May 21, 2020
  52. Magneress liked minimind's post in the thread Seriously Disappointed.

I could tell you why I wouldn't do what you suggest. I wouldn't call the work of my staff a "cluster" to anyone but my staff and would...

May 21, 2020
  53. Magneress liked Bewts's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

There will be all sorts of boxing variances. Some will run 2,3,4,5,6 or 12-24. You’ll get them all at varying degrees of...

May 21, 2020
  54. Magneress liked Jhenna_BB's post in the thread Fishing Title & Trophy.

I'd really like to see a tradeskill Swiss Army knife make it's way into the game. It's an idea that surfaces on the boards from time to...

May 21, 2020
  55. Magneress liked Nadisia's post in the thread Fishing Title & Trophy.

I love the idea of the swiss army knife Jhenna, really. It would be awesome to consolidate the trophies. Me too :p

May 21, 2020
  56. Magneress liked Kuffs's post in the thread Fishing Title & Trophy.

I would like to see a fishing trophy, maybe one that evolves into a lure or fishing pole you can use to fish with. I know folks have asked...

May 21, 2020
  57. Magneress liked Cuuthbert's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

I wish I had taken Screen shots in Kael in the Arena and where we fight Vindicator. 3 Guilds worth of multiple corpses

May 21, 2020
  58. Magneress liked Herf's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

Anyone got a screenshot? I need a laugh :)

May 21, 2020
  59. Magneress liked Elyee's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

[IMG]

May 21, 2020
  60. Magneress liked Herf's post in the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

OMG that is AWESOME! :)

May 21, 2020
  61. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I feel like Rizlona will attract less competitive gamers and people and that is fine by me.

May 21, 2020
  62. Magneress liked Eilad's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

This troll :) Rizlona will have all kind of people, and if some want to box 24+ well then good for them, they can kill their own...

May 21, 2020
  63. Magneress replied to the thread So, post some photos of the piles of bodies!.

this reminds me of those old afterdark screensavers

May 21, 2020
  64. Magneress liked Tanacious's post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

Wow! Gigabits! LOL. J/K I know what you mean. But seriously, why does your phone only have such little storage and battery life?...

May 21, 2020
  65. Magneress liked Wiff's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

I've been a professional programmer for 30+ years. It is hard enough going back and trying to change my own code from 20 years ago, let...

May 21, 2020
  66. Magneress liked Smokezz's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

It's already on newer hardware. Part of the problems last night was with new hardware. EQ isn't running on the same hardware it did in...

May 21, 2020
  67. Magneress liked andromeda's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

That's a great point. And if you did that it would make sense to move the servers and databases to new hardware. But that's quite an...

May 21, 2020
  68. Magneress liked Sheebea's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

This unexpected downtime IS the standard tho. Everytime. I've been playing since 2000

May 21, 2020
  69. Magneress liked Smokezz's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

I've also seen people talk about their testing and deployment systems. Obviously it's very easy to have a great testing and deployment...

May 21, 2020
  70. Magneress liked Questoften32's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

Wait I heard...they are working from home on eq and eq2? The parent corporation needs to allocate more funds to the team right? This is...

May 21, 2020
  71. Magneress liked Lurikeen's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

Complaining about EQ is a pastime. It's like that thanksgiving dinner tradition practiced by one family member every other family member...

May 21, 2020
  72. Magneress liked andromeda's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

Additionally, there updates were reasonable. I was surprised they laid out a detailed explanation before the problem was fixed. Heck,...

May 21, 2020
  73. Magneress liked Yinla's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

They worked all last night to get the servers up, Dreamweaver was in Discord all the time the servers were down answering questions and...

May 21, 2020
  74. Magneress liked enclee's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

Definitely, cut their team some slack. There are times, when things don’t go well that actually result in a better long-term outcome.

May 21, 2020
  75. Magneress replied to the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

Everquest had really really humble beginnings.. I can't believe people forget though. [media] Since so many of us old people are around...

May 21, 2020
  76. Magneress liked andromeda's post in the thread Why We Need to Cut the Devs Some Slack.

My 2 copper is worth exactly 2 copper--maybe less--but I want to share it anyway. We need to cut the devs some slack. The EQ community...

May 21, 2020
  77. Magneress liked Sokanist's post in the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

I get that you disagree with me, thats completely fair, but is it really necessary to flame me just for having the "wrong" opinion ? :(

May 21, 2020
  78. Magneress replied to the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

this post made me dizzy I am not even going to like it.

May 21, 2020
  79. Magneress replied to the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

except for faction and a little bit of plat...? i wouldn't say 'totally unworth it' just no gnoll fangs till 40+

May 21, 2020
  80. Magneress liked Ishbu's post in the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

Nobody said the quests dont work. They dont reward proper experience however. There is no point in continuing this pathetic...

May 21, 2020
  81. Magneress liked Xyphen's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I'm not defending them for any sake other than the belief that it's unreasonable to expect perfection from technology or compensation...

May 21, 2020
  82. Magneress liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I try to farm likes in all three categories. Also, like this post for my reply to the pointless post pointing out the pointlessness...

May 21, 2020
  83. Magneress replied to the thread Name reservations on Aradune/Rizlona?.

allowing name reservations is a bad idea, it will create a system people will game to get as many names as possible to then 'sell', new...

May 21, 2020
  84. Magneress replied to the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

yep totally agree with that sentiment - pop up dialog - 'you have until MM: DD: YY to queue a server transfer for your character, the...

May 21, 2020
  85. Magneress liked Natal's post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

If they are working with small teams then don't do complex stuff like server mergers, just allow people on the affected servers to...

May 21, 2020
  86. Magneress replied to the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

My phone accidently started downloading a 2 gb file last night when i was messing around with another old game and liek.... for realz...

May 21, 2020
  87. Magneress liked DCPD158's post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

If this was March of 1999, most of y'all would have had a coronary by now. Compared to that, this is like a long potty break. I'm as bummed...

May 21, 2020
  88. Magneress replied to the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

Yeah I could go sub to wow, but i burned through all that content anyway, and I play other games than eq, but this isn't going to make me...

May 21, 2020
  89. Magneress liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Some in this thread need to seriously chill. If they get this worked up over a a little down time what does RL do to them?

May 21, 2020
  90. Magneress liked Hart_Xegony's post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

LOL Poor bastards ha ha this is a lot of down time they must be working their buts off trying to fix what ever is wrong. I work in IT at a...

May 21, 2020
  91. Magneress replied to the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

I had a lil laptop that i use to play https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Bubble on while i server ops'd there's some downtime, just...

May 21, 2020
  92. Magneress liked Sabrefist-'s post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

I'm sure they're not hanging out watching a movie and eating pizza right now... But when it becomes pretty much expected that your game...

May 21, 2020
  93. Magneress liked Questoften32's post in the thread Question about patch updates.

He's here to help you make it through the proverbial night, I think.

May 21, 2020
  94. Magneress liked Machen's post in the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

With the right software it doesn't matter if you can turn in 4k at a time or 4 at a time. How many you can stack wasn't the...

May 21, 2020
  95. Magneress liked Poote's post in the thread Question about patch updates.

Now this is a serious question i have for Day"Insertnamehere" - Do ya'll have an inner office pool similar to i dunno lets call it the...

May 21, 2020
  96. Magneress replied to the thread Question about patch updates.

i'd be ok with being a hamster fed grilled cheese, but i would want it more than once a month

May 21, 2020
  97. Magneress liked Vex32680's post in the thread Question about patch updates.

Dreamweaver it would make me so happy knowing that the hamsters powering the server(s) get rotated every once and a while and only 1...

May 21, 2020
  98. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Question about patch updates.

It's such a good thing to see a Good Morning, Vietnam reference.

May 21, 2020
  99. Magneress liked Caio_Xegony's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

yes thank you very much for your update! I took the 2 days to teach my wife how to play magic : the gathering, and catch up on some yard...

May 21, 2020
  100. Magneress replied to the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

you got a point, i never bothered to get to lvl 57 with it in the past though

May 21, 2020
  101. Magneress replied to the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

*mind blown* emergent gameplay behavior like this is a great thing about this game, but can't let stuff like that go forever and...

May 21, 2020
  102. Magneress liked Retort's post in the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

The bonechip nerf was the begining of Kunark on Ragefire. There was a notorious mega boxer whose name I forget now made it to about 57...

May 21, 2020
  103. Magneress liked Cadira's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Yeah man. Gotta teach that woman to catch up on that yard work! Serious note, I feel like these threads are just "like" farms. You got...

May 21, 2020
  104. Magneress replied to the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

got to farm likes when u cant farm krono

May 21, 2020
  105. Magneress liked Zamiam's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

either you dont remember or you have not played very long .. back in the day if there were pro-longed downtimes Sony used to give us...

May 21, 2020
  106. Magneress liked Wulfhere's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the new servers. Already seeing more responsive UI and database accesses to bank, vendors, parcels, instances, have returned to...

May 21, 2020
  107. Magneress replied to the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

it's ironic but i remember tons and tons of random emergency downtime from my youth, i went to bed a lot of nights without eq to keep me...

May 21, 2020
  108. Magneress liked Zamiam's post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

you know there is already a Kudos page for the Dev's /dreamweaver here...

May 21, 2020
  109. Magneress liked Naturalist's post in the thread Thank you Darkpaw Employees!.

You are working with old code, in crazy conditions, and doing your best to make the player base happy. And we love you! We the people...

May 21, 2020
  110. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Emergency Server Downtime - All Servers - May 21, 2020.

All EverQuest Live Servers are currently being brought offline on Thursday, May 21, 2020 for an emergency update. Downtime is expected to...

May 21, 2020
  111. Magneress liked Febb's post in the thread Test Environment.

The test environment that he is talking about is a developer environment where code and databases are on test servers on DPG's internal...

May 21, 2020
  112. Magneress replied to the thread Can we get Classic quests back?.

Apparently u can do 4k of the red wine turn in at once, not sure I would consider this an ideal leveling method, but there it is... u...

May 21, 2020
  113. Magneress replied to the thread Test Environment.

Wow was built after the fact and in an era where these tools were becoming mass marketed and not 1 off enterprise level solutions. EQ was...

May 21, 2020
  114. Magneress liked Mbaku's post in the thread Test Environment.

The game is great. It's not luck that it's still up and running today. Most of us have played the other games in the industry and choose to...

May 21, 2020
  115. Magneress liked MyShadower's post in the thread Test Environment.

Something like...your class gets nerfed...you can buy a package that you open and some person in California pushes everything off the...

May 21, 2020
  116. Magneress liked minimind's post in the thread Test Environment.

Are we talking actual human player outrage or outrage as expressed via multiple free-to-pay, low-post-count accounts that only seem to...

May 21, 2020
  117. Magneress liked MyShadower's post in the thread Test Environment.

All they need to do is figure out how to monetize player outrage via micro transaction in the Marketplace. Then...the resources for all...

May 21, 2020
  118. Magneress liked minimind's post in the thread Test Environment.

It's probably because Darkpaw/Daybreak work with significantly less/fewer resources than people assume.

May 21, 2020
  119. Magneress liked Captain Video's post in the thread Test Environment.

Chill. This is a very small team on a very small budget, and it's (mostly) 20-year-old code at its core. They knew server merges would be...

May 21, 2020
  120. Magneress liked Lumenace's post in the thread Test Environment.

There are only so many 486 systems running 3.5 they can get their hands on,give em' a break.

May 21, 2020
  121. Magneress liked Lionari's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I will be boxing an entire group. However I know there are many boxing 2 - 3. Nevertheless, group boxers like myself will often drop one...

May 21, 2020
  122. Magneress liked Foaming's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

Most of the people I've talked to on Rizlona are not boxing more than 3.

May 21, 2020
  123. Magneress liked Gremin's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

Also getting all their box team online at once will be a nightmare initially, so a lot of players will just play what they can get in and...

May 21, 2020
  124. Magneress liked Machen's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

My wife and I between us will be boxing a group but will also gladly drop out boxes for mains from our guild that need a group.

May 21, 2020
  125. Magneress liked Mrjon3s's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I plan on duoing and a lot of my buddies were saying they were gonna duo or trio.

May 21, 2020
  126. Magneress liked mark's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

myself and a friend will be lvl a mage and a druid first and then the rest of the team.

May 21, 2020
  127. Magneress liked Alakshak's post in the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

I would say of the people I've met so far planning to start on Rizlona the average is probably somewhere in the 3box ballpark at first....

May 21, 2020
  128. Magneress replied to the thread How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?.

The reason I would play Rizlona is that it isn't true box. I can hardly keep up with two characters at a time.

May 21, 2020
  129. Magneress replied to the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Here's to hoping and praying for a few more years of EQ live. Honestly, there is so much content here, its 27 games and it would be a shame...

May 21, 2020
  130. Magneress replied to the thread The "Patch".

I have a single wall mount unit in my bedroom and if I don't eat for 3 days and turn it on max, I definitely have to stay under 4...

May 21, 2020
  131. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Server Downtime: Tuesday, May 19th @ 10:00 AM.

UPDATE - The downtime has concluded and servers are unlocked. Thank you for your patience, please be aware of the following: - UCHAT...

May 21, 2020
  132. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Server Downtime: Tuesday, May 19th @ 10:00 AM.

UPDATE - During the live patch we've run into multiple issues with some of the new hardware, those are in the process of being tracked down...

May 21, 2020
  133. Magneress replied to the thread Would you rather undergo a colonoscopy or a 48 hour EQ patch?.

Yeah EQ patches all day every day. People regularly die and are maimed from colonoscopies

May 21, 2020
  134. Magneress liked Terranos's post in the thread Zerker item prep?.

Really not much in the way of clickies that I can think of besides the 2 I mentioned earlier that you can pre farm before you have your...

May 21, 2020
  135. Magneress replied to the thread The "Patch".

The article was a word salad of specs that marketed the xeon iii or w/e and made EQ sound cool to empire builder's. But it had some cool...

May 20, 2020
  136. Magneress replied to the thread The "Patch".

May 20, 2020
  137. Magneress liked MyShadower's post in the thread The "Patch".

I imagine all the hardware stuff is outsourced these days. It would be interesting to hear about the numbers from EQ's high and low....

May 20, 2020
  138. Magneress replied to the thread The "Patch".

Yeah I found some of this stuff too! Doing my own detective work. Stuff has changed a lot.... Hotchip was a AAA website once lol. I...

May 20, 2020
  139. Magneress liked MyShadower's post in the thread The "Patch".

Interestingly...the company from the pictured servers seems to be still existence...albeit stuck in 1999. http://www.hotchip.com/ This...

May 20, 2020
  140. Magneress liked I'm Not A Robot's post in the thread Zerker item prep?.

The raids go from 72 to 54 man now too so that is another added challenge for guilds to figure out. I live on the west coast too so that...

May 20, 2020
  141. Magneress liked Venedar's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Totally agree. Thanks for good communication so we know what's going on. Makes it much easier to wait!

May 20, 2020
  142. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Server Downtime: Tuesday, May 19th @ 10:00 AM.

UPDATE - We are extending the current downtime, this is unrelated to the server merge process as it is now complete. It is related to the...

May 20, 2020
  143. Magneress replied to the thread The "Patch".

That stuff costs money for startups. We are talking 1999-2001 lol. Back in my day we used to climb up 10 flights of stairs and go to the...

May 20, 2020
  144. Magneress liked Skuz's post in the thread The "Patch".

I would totally love to have the art from each expansion framed on my walls. That Norrath map as a large wall-hanging would be great.

May 20, 2020
  145. Magneress liked Nennius's post in the thread The "Patch".

So that was what made the game so cool. :)

May 20, 2020
  146. Magneress replied to the thread Zerker item prep?.

Yeah it makes sense. Good to know. It's probably better I establish myself on a server before attempting such a feat. And at least make...

May 20, 2020
  147. Magneress liked I'm Not A Robot's post in the thread Zerker item prep?.

Unless a ton of people quit for the new TLPs, most of the guilds I've spoken with on Mangler about trying to roll up a zerker and join...

May 20, 2020
  148. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I appreciate your dedication to this, I wanted you to know that.

May 20, 2020
  149. Magneress liked Kukaw's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Agreed...Thank you;)

May 20, 2020
  150. Magneress replied to the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I appreciate the communication as well. Good night, sleep well, even if it's on beenbags in the halls outside the network operations center...

May 20, 2020
  151. Magneress liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the update Dreamweaver!

May 20, 2020
  152. Magneress liked Dracolindus's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

The scope of this downtime, merging servers and a major patch is a pretty monumental task. I applaud the communication and explanation. If...

May 20, 2020
  153. Magneress liked minimind's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

What they think they have paid for. I've been paying for Verant/SOE/Daybreak/Darkpaw games for a very long time. At no point have I...

May 20, 2020
  154. Magneress liked Claan's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I also wish to say thanks for the info. That makes it so much easier to be patient.

May 20, 2020
  155. Magneress liked Cuuthbert's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

on a serious note, I was glad Dreamweaver took the time to give us a detailed update of what is going on.

May 20, 2020
  156. Magneress liked Grig-zek's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I logged in just to say thank-you to Dreamweaver as well. The process had unforeseen problems and requires extended downtime. Obviously...

May 20, 2020
  157. Magneress liked Jennre's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Besides, anyone working on keeping us entertained during this state of things deserves a compliment and some empathy every now and then.

May 20, 2020
  158. Magneress liked Jennre's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I think if more people understood the life of a Dev/OPS person, and what they have to endure, they might not be so harsh. Many game...

May 20, 2020
  159. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Oh no were you caught in the dam break!?

May 20, 2020
  160. Magneress liked Jennre's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Yes, it was to the point and explained what went wrong.

May 20, 2020
  161. Magneress liked Tucoh's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I can smell the sweat coming off the engineer furiously trying to script working SQL queries all the way here in south east Michigan,...

May 20, 2020
  162. Magneress liked Salinae's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Was coming here to post this, Well done in communicating the issue. Thank you @dreamweaver for giving us a summary of the delays.

May 20, 2020
  163. Magneress liked Jennre's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

Ok, @Dreamweaver. Your newest update to Server Downtime is perfect!

May 20, 2020
  164. Magneress liked Windance's post in the thread Kudos Dreamweaver.

I agree. Taking the time to explain what the issues are go a long way.

May 20, 2020
  165. Magneress liked svann's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

IIRC the last 24 hour patch ended early.

May 20, 2020
  166. Magneress liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

*puts out a nice cheese spread to go with all the whine*

May 20, 2020
  167. Magneress replied to the thread Zerker item prep?.

FBSS lol?

May 20, 2020
  168. Magneress liked Bearly Legal's post in the thread Zerker item prep?.

What other big ticket items?

May 20, 2020
  169. Magneress liked Braveheart's post in the thread How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?.

Looks like I might get my wife faction to ally tonight!

May 20, 2020
  170. Magneress liked GoneFission's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

Nothing exceeds like excess.

May 20, 2020
  171. Magneress replied to the thread 1st heroic character?.

Cool. I loved playing a holy priest and pally in wow. Also liked going shadow spec a lot. I would consider paladin and ranger for RP...

May 20, 2020
  172. Magneress liked Vumad's post in the thread 1st heroic character?.

Bard, ENC or any healer when a patcher is not present. Bard can be played with auto attack and /melody, but bards are expected to pull,...

May 20, 2020
  173. Magneress replied to the thread How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?.

Yeah I did this a bit, been meaning to do a little bit more exploring. https://johnayliff.itch.io/seedship Seedship by John Ayliff is...

May 20, 2020
  174. Magneress liked Cuuthbert's post in the thread How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?.

Well if the Fox is evil then maybe [media] Is better

May 20, 2020
  175. Magneress liked Yinla's post in the thread How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?.

So the servers came down last night about half hour before raids would normally start on a Tuesday. 1. Made dinner - a little later than...

May 20, 2020
  176. Magneress liked SmoochyOfWolfington's post in the thread How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?.

I guess it is time to post here again. ^^! I will be trying this shortly. [media]

May 20, 2020
  177. Magneress liked SmoochyOfWolfington's post in the thread How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?.

This would be best put into the Off Topic section if we had one, but we don't, although I can assume why and am not championing for one...

May 20, 2020
  178. Magneress replied to the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

Laughing but I don't want to echo that.

May 20, 2020
  179. Magneress liked Buster_Shruggs's post in the thread Server Merger vs. Downtime.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-on-server-merges-faq.265661/page-2 Its in there somewhere...2nd page...

May 20, 2020
  180. Magneress liked DillyBar's post in the thread Server Merger vs. Downtime.

They are running on 20 year old hardware which means ONE shared database server.

May 20, 2020
  181. Magneress liked Buster_Shruggs's post in the thread Server Merger vs. Downtime.

It was mentioned in a different thread I believe: something about all servers sharing "something or other", I'm not savvy in the technical...

May 20, 2020
  182. Magneress liked zarcal's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

A couple of weeks back we did a "simple" migration of an oracle Data Base from an on prem-server to AWS. Our 9hr outage took almost 20, so...

May 20, 2020
  183. Magneress liked Jennre's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

Because some of the databases are shared across all servers, not just the few merging servers. Think of them as "global databases"....

May 20, 2020
  184. Magneress liked Herf's post in the thread The "Patch".

I once sat in a freezing S250 military camper shell(ter) because we had a home/apartment sized air conditioner running in a closet sized...

May 20, 2020
  185. Magneress liked Kahlev Al-Calen's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

As a long time player, there is no suprise here. Patches always take longer due to hamsters farting on the wheel. Merges always cause...

May 20, 2020
  186. Magneress replied to the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards." -- Ballad of the Frogman

May 20, 2020
  187. Magneress liked Aldren's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

[IMG]

May 20, 2020
  188. Magneress replied to the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

Probably because they don't all exist on discrete server boxes anymore and this is all virtualized and the script is working in...

May 20, 2020
  189. Magneress liked Fian's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

I do appreciate a more detailed explanation of the downtime. This is the type of communication that we all hope to receive in the future....

May 20, 2020
  190. Magneress liked Korea numbah3's post in the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

Nice patch! Got lawn mowed and smoker I bought 5 years ago put together and seasoning!

May 20, 2020
  191. Magneress replied to the thread I called it- downtime extended 6 hours.

I appreciate what they are going through having been there in the middle of the night running servers across the street at 3am in the...

May 20, 2020
  192. Magneress liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Server Downtime: Tuesday, May 19th @ 10:00 AM.

Current server downtime has been extended 6 hours to 10 PM PDT. We wanted to provide some additional background for this extension and...

May 20, 2020
  193. Magneress replied to the thread 1st heroic character?.

Looking around for lvl 110 and 115 class videos there seems to be a bit of a social media void here, of theory crafting and class overviews...

May 20, 2020
  194. Magneress liked Rebelicious's post in the thread The "Patch".

Waaaaaaiting for Everquest to open... [IMG]

May 20, 2020
  195. Magneress replied to the thread The "Patch".

apparently people had to sit with the servers to check on them wearing parkas when the game was new cuz they had to keep the rooms cool so...

May 20, 2020
  196. Magneress liked Wanax's post in the thread The "Patch".

2019 Comicon. They set up a mini museum:...

May 20, 2020