Machentoo's Recent Activity

1. Machentoo replied to the thread PvP TLP: A Serious Look for DBG and Community.

Obviously there were very few people boxing full groups or multiple groups back then. It was very costly to do, much more so than...

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:24 AM
  2. Machentoo replied to the thread PvP TLP: A Serious Look for DBG and Community.

I was at times a predatory boxer. It was great to have my cleric tucked away hidden and healing my monk as he wrecked groups....

Jul 15, 2019 at 10:49 AM
  3. Machentoo replied to the thread Charm wasn't the problem, but Crystallized Pumice stones should of been made instant again..

There was also a droppable instant click dispell from Cazic Thule, but that got removed as well (and then later the trick to recharge...

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:37 AM
  4. Machentoo replied to the thread VoA and beyond raid keys.

Your calculations are wrong, because tyou don't have to wait for tier 1 to be off lockout to start tier 2, etc. You have to wait two...

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:52 AM
  5. Machentoo replied to the thread VoA and beyond raid keys.

Especially when that raid can be defeated by a single player running three level 17 monks. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Jul 11, 2019 at 4:16 PM
  6. Machentoo replied to the thread Pained soul?.

People like to talk about competition, but very few players on any of the TLP's actually want to compete. Rather, they want to win,...

Jul 11, 2019 at 4:14 PM
  7. Machentoo replied to the thread Autosplit.

Don't be absurd. Something that has worked fine for as long as the game has existed doesn't need to be changed just to (very)...

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:55 AM
  8. Machentoo replied to the thread [Request] For Combos That ALREADY Exist....

There is no way they actually won. I completely lost confidence in SoE's ability to tell us the truth at that point. Every poll since...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:26 PM
  9. Machentoo liked taliefer's post in the thread [Request] For Combos That ALREADY Exist....

wood elf beastlords winning that poll was an absolute travesty

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:25 PM
  10. Machentoo replied to the thread VoS Pre-Launch events on Phinny?.

Not only that, when the expansion launches, it will probably not work correctly at all. On Fippy, the launch quests weren't ever...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:24 PM
  11. Machentoo replied to the thread @Devs pls look into this game breaking ability for our era..

********. It completely trivializes many, many raid encounters. Encounters that took weeks to get down on previous servers have...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:14 PM
  12. Machentoo replied to the thread @Devs pls look into this game breaking ability for our era..

It's not trivial, but guilds that compete expect their players to be ready with it for the most part, anyway. To me, it's a huge...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:09 PM
  13. Machentoo replied to the thread Group Recommendation.

If you are leaving out both the bard and the enchanter, you are leaving a ton on the table. I prefer bard for six boxing, but one or...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:06 PM
  14. Machentoo replied to the thread Finally time to fix Autofollow?.

It should be embarrassing that 3rd party software has done autofollow better than the "real" version for 15+ years. Edit --...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:01 PM
  15. Machentoo replied to the thread Autosplit.

Most of the time? Don't be bad. Problem solved.

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:00 PM
  16. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a "real" progression server, please.

Where did they ever claim it is a single-client server? Boxing is literally present in the title of the server, "TrueBOX."

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:57 PM
  17. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

Absolutely. My computer room has, on average, run 10-15 degrees hotter than the rest of my house since Truebox was introduced. I...

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:56 PM
  18. Machentoo liked potatoface's post in the thread Will we ever see...

Not having a bunch of PCs in a hot room is a huge plus.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:54 PM
  19. Machentoo replied to the thread Tired of Mangler????.

Sure sign a server is hurting when these posts start appearing.

Jul 4, 2019
  20. Machentoo replied to the thread TSS XP Grind.

You need faction to participate in the raids, or you need to be gimped in. So, no, at least not for most members of the guild.

Jul 4, 2019
  21. Machentoo replied to the thread Should we bring back charm gate?.

Answer is simple. Because it ultimately makes them more money. It isn't about the number of players, in the end. It is about the...

Jul 1, 2019
  22. Machentoo replied to the thread Should we bring back charm gate?.

Do you think they are making less money on live because it is FTP? If so, why do they persist with the FTP model? If it were...

Jun 30, 2019
  23. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

So, you're not going to tell me my way is wrong, but my way is wrong. Got it. I get bored boxing only one extra toon. It isn't...

Jun 27, 2019
  24. Machentoo replied to the thread The Necro DoT Revamp.

Thanks for posting this. Would have been nice to be told this two years ago, but then, given the time that has passed since the...

Jun 26, 2019
  25. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

You don't need downtime any more for this. Just about everyone uses voice chat. You can socialize and still maintain >100 actions...

Jun 26, 2019
  26. Machentoo replied to the thread Druids are worthless?.

This. Exactly.

Jun 26, 2019
  27. Machentoo liked yerm's post in the thread Druids are worthless?.

If we're short on healers it's not the druids that I wish had rolled clerics, it's probably knights on recent servers or necros on...

Jun 26, 2019
  28. Machentoo replied to the thread Druids are worthless?.

If you never take risks and never die in Everquest, you are doing something wrong. Sure, you can play it safe and always live...

Jun 26, 2019
  29. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

I'd argue the problem IS the game and the content. Let's face it, playing one toon in Everquest, at least for the first ~20...

Jun 26, 2019
  30. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

Statistics, financial reports and logs of what has happened in the past cannot predict with any certainty what might happen in the...

Jun 26, 2019
  31. Machentoo replied to the thread Wizard raid dps, GoD and beyond..

Actually, not in all the expansions. Druid dots get ridiculously OP in certain eras.

Jun 26, 2019
  32. Machentoo replied to the thread Norrath's Pauper Dragons.

Clearly not, or Nagafen would indeed be sitting on vast piles of gold.

Jun 26, 2019
  33. Machentoo replied to the thread /autoskill.

So you want devs to give you autoskill so you won't have to automate your characters? Just so we are clear.

Jun 24, 2019
  34. Machentoo replied to the thread Give players a way to stop being red.

PVP enabled characters can't be buffed or healed by blue players. So, if you flag red, you are pretty much restricted to grouping...

Jun 22, 2019
  35. Machentoo replied to the thread Should we bring back charm gate?.

At least, not until the game is shuttered because DBG just gave up the large bulk of their income.

Jun 22, 2019
  36. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

You missed the point.

Jun 22, 2019
  37. Machentoo replied to the thread Will we ever see...

So why not slap it on all your servers?

Jun 20, 2019
  38. Machentoo replied to the thread Give players a way to stop being red.

Somehow I don't see anyone going red just to do this, if there is a three day lockout like the OP suggested. Are there a lot of...

Jun 20, 2019
  39. Machentoo replied to the thread Give players a way to stop being red.

How can they grief anyone? Red players can only attack other red players.

Jun 20, 2019
  40. Machentoo liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Sky Sisters of the Spire.

This is how sister farming gets nerfed btw.

Jun 20, 2019
  41. Machentoo liked Aneuren's post in the thread Kaesora DZ / AoC plz .....

Good chat bro, thank you.

Jun 19, 2019
  42. Machentoo replied to the thread Kaesora DZ / AoC plz .....

I didn't comment on it, directly, because I think it would be very hard to accurately predict the results. Full instancing of group...

Jun 19, 2019
  43. Machentoo replied to the thread Selos population dropping.

Three severs in all of EQ that are above low population right now (yes it's patch day), and one of them is Selos. But yes, it isn't high...

Jun 19, 2019
  44. Machentoo replied to the thread Kaesora DZ / AoC plz .....

My honest take is that the work of instancing all group content is a monumental taking, one which Daybreak does not have the ability...

Jun 19, 2019
  45. Machentoo replied to the thread True box but keeps kicking my wife and I.

For a very small subset of players, this does not work (nor does anything else.) If two characters are playing on the same network,...

Jun 18, 2019
  46. Machentoo replied to the thread Kaesora DZ / AoC plz .....

The problem is that they HAVE started somewhere. With Raid DZ's. Starting somewhere but not doing everything is apparently not...

Jun 18, 2019
  47. Machentoo replied to the thread Kaesora DZ / AoC plz .....

False dichotomy. Plenty of other mmo's have gotten this right since Everquest. There are more than two binary options here.

Jun 17, 2019
  48. Machentoo replied to the thread Will they have 4th of July xp bonus?.

So, just so we are clear... You are asking him to intervene, right after he expressed thanksgiving that he doesn't have to intervene?

Jun 17, 2019
  49. Machentoo replied to the thread Which melee DPS for Mangler?.

For quite a lot of raids, that's exactly what would happen. DPS matters. More importantly, the raid with 30 monks can two split...

Jun 16, 2019
  50. Machentoo replied to the thread Which melee DPS for Mangler?.

For all that Everquest is braindead easy, you've just shown that it is too complicated for your brain. DPS is EVERYTHING in...

Jun 16, 2019
  51. Machentoo replied to the thread Will they have 4th of July xp bonus?.

You should maybe separate that question into "What's supposed to happen" and "What actually happens." Even Prathun is not infallible...

Jun 13, 2019
  52. Machentoo replied to the thread Population expectations and the definition of a dead server.

It's somewhat relative. It's hard to see a server with five guilds as thriving when there are other servers with 30 guilds. But, I...

Jun 13, 2019
  53. Machentoo replied to the thread What happens with augs going forward?.

As others have mentioned, there are better options for augs soon. If you are a tank, you should get as many of the ldon AC augs as...

Jun 13, 2019
  54. Machentoo replied to the thread What happens with augs going forward?.

There are a few items here and there with slots where you can use it, but generally as a tank I bank it and use current gear if you...

Jun 13, 2019
  55. Machentoo replied to the thread Ragefire - The Serpent's Spine needs to unlock early.

There was that one time they accidentally launched Velious two weeks early. And, they did adjust Ragefire and Lockjaw from six...

Jun 12, 2019
  56. Machentoo replied to the thread Would you play on a cloud server?.

Unfortunately the game no longer exists, it was for vanguard. So I can't show it in action. But here's a snippet of code: Func...

Jun 12, 2019
  57. Machentoo replied to the thread Would you play on a cloud server?.

No, it doesn't. Reading the UI elements alone would give you 80% of what bots today can do in Everquest. You can move about in...

Jun 12, 2019
  58. Machentoo replied to the thread Would you play on a cloud server?.

This is just not true. I've personally written a program that has done this with another mmo. You don't need a bot to be able to...

Jun 12, 2019
  59. Machentoo replied to the thread Would you play on a cloud server?.

No, it doesn't. That's how current bot programs work, but It is quite possible to create a program that can scan and interpet a...

Jun 12, 2019
  60. Machentoo replied to the thread Ragefire - The Serpent's Spine needs to unlock early.

I'd rather see shortened timers than bundling, in some cases. A few of those bundled proposals would effectively eliminate some...

Jun 10, 2019
  61. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - VoA pre-launch Quests.

Unless they make a change from previous TLP's, the answer is no. There are a number of things in the next few expansions that just...

Jun 9, 2019
  62. Machentoo replied to the thread Dbg, would this fix all the charm exploits?.

It's hard to see gating with a charmed mob as an exploit when the GM staff has never to my knowledge banned, suspended, or even warned...

Jun 5, 2019
  63. Machentoo replied to the thread [Phinigel] House of Thule level 80 hotzones not active?.

It's always been that way. Some hotzones suck, even with the bonus. If you find the best zones to xp in, you'll do fine with or...

Jun 4, 2019
  64. Machentoo liked Jaera's post in the thread Expansions.

It peaks in complexity and annoyance in VoA, particularly with The Triune God. Starting in RoF, it backs off a bit and you get more...

Jun 3, 2019
  65. Machentoo replied to the thread Expansions.

In my opinion, raiding peaks around Underfoot. After that, complexity continues to increase to the point that you have to memorize a ten...

Jun 3, 2019
  66. Machentoo replied to the thread DZ xp?.

They did, it is very nerfed compared to open world. And it goes up at least through Luclin, not positive on PoP but grieg's end is...

Jun 3, 2019
  67. Machentoo replied to the thread I'm a Chanter and wish they would massively nerf charm.

I remember keeping ensnare on the charm pet too, in 2002, so the chanter could kite it around while recharming if needed. No one...

May 31, 2019
  68. Machentoo replied to the thread Ragefire - TSS Launch Date / Vote Opening.

Not always accurate. Sometimes you have three days, and then fourteen more days if you miss that. It all depends on how the months...

May 31, 2019
  69. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - HoT and forward, rank 3 spell drop increase.

As long as you can beat each expansion in era, spells are really not an issue either. Having a rank 2 spell, even one that you use...

May 30, 2019
  70. Machentoo replied to the thread Ragefire - TSS Launch Date / Vote Opening.

Yeah, should be July 8 start of vote, July 22 launch then. 90 day mark falls on July 7, last day in the previous voting period, so it...

May 30, 2019
  71. Machentoo liked Gremin's post in the thread Ragefire - TSS Launch Date / Vote Opening.

It launched April 1st, was beat on RF following Monday the 8th I believe.

May 30, 2019
  72. Machentoo replied to the thread Ragefire - TSS Launch Date / Vote Opening.

It's a little more complicated than 3 months then vote. A while back I wrote up a full explanation of the voting system, which is...

May 30, 2019
  73. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - HoT and forward, rank 3 spell drop increase.

The TLP's bring in significant money for DBG. Maybe not as much as live, but there is no reasonable argument to be made that DBG...

May 29, 2019
  74. Machentoo replied to the thread What to do in Ldon?.

Someone surely will, even on Selo's schedule. And it is more like 600+ successful ldons to max.

May 27, 2019
  75. Machentoo replied to the thread continue to crash entering world.

Try posting in the player support forum, it is not a TLP issue.

May 27, 2019
  76. Machentoo replied to the thread Honestly, at this point... fixing picks.

This is fine and dandy if the servers can actually handle more picks. Since they fairly recently reduced the number of picks, due to...

May 27, 2019
  77. Machentoo liked code-zero's post in the thread What a TLP should be DBG this is pure input.

TLP = Krono machines Krono are working exactly as intended within the game. Forget about DBG ever even thinking about screwing with the...

May 27, 2019
  78. Machentoo replied to the thread What a TLP should be DBG this is pure input.

This is absolutely not true. You'd have the same RMT farmers with six or twelve accounts farming everything and selling on player...

May 27, 2019
  79. Machentoo replied to the thread Dbg, would this fix all the charm exploits?.

There are answers. Well, one answer. Mage can summon a staff with an instant click dispell. You can beat any method to get the mob...

May 27, 2019
  80. Machentoo replied to the thread When is Auto Grant?.

This is not 100% accurate, I don't think. It is accurate for what was supposed to happen, but Daybreak screwed up and marked one of...

May 27, 2019
  81. Machentoo replied to the thread level 80 teek quest on phini.

He meant level 80. The TLP hot zones only go up to 10 levels below max level. There are not (and should not be) level 85 and 90...

May 24, 2019
  82. Machentoo replied to the thread stop people leaving tlp introduce defian armour..

If only there were servers that had all expansions opened up...

May 24, 2019
  83. Machentoo replied to the thread Rogues need something in TLP's.

You really don't want this, since Kick is on the same cooldown as backstab.

May 22, 2019
  84. Machentoo replied to the thread Prohibition of Complaining Thread!.

Prathun, how do you still work here? It seems the soul draining effect must be overwhelming at this point.

May 22, 2019
  85. Machentoo replied to the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

You shouldn't /hidecorpse if you are a rezzer. At least not if you include pc's. /hidecorpse npc seems to be ok most of the time.

May 22, 2019
  86. Machentoo replied to the thread NOTICE to all those whining about bots and training them..

But not if you are botting, because the one in a billion fail rate apparently somehow outs you to DBG and makes it impossible to...

May 22, 2019
  87. Machentoo replied to the thread Balancing Enchanter PB Area Effect Stuns.

A dedicated enchanter chain casting rune is a better "healer" than one more cleric in a cheal chain. Yes, they can do that role too.

May 22, 2019
  88. Machentoo replied to the thread Balancing Enchanter PB Area Effect Stuns.

This really isn't true. GoD raids are mostly "pointy end goes here." So are OoW, DoDh, PoR. TSS becomes slightly more challenging,...

May 22, 2019
  89. Machentoo liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Balancing Enchanter PB Area Effect Stuns.

Here's my suggested fix for AE stuns. Play past PoP

May 22, 2019
  90. Machentoo replied to the thread Balancing Enchanter PB Area Effect Stuns.

Sure, and just forget about those events in later expansions that are designed around pbae hitting more than 4 targets. Let's make...

May 22, 2019
  91. Machentoo replied to the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

Yes, it did, and there was a good reason for the change. Loot rotted all the time.

May 22, 2019
  92. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - HoT and forward, rank 3 spell drop increase.

No F2P players doesn't mean that there is more money for DBG. If it did, they would not be using the F2P model on live.

May 22, 2019
  93. Machentoo replied to the thread Gates of Discord guide.

Allakhazam does! If something isn't accurate, let them know and they will update it. (Bobbybic does a great job at this stuff and...

May 21, 2019
  94. Machentoo replied to the thread add the money weight and corpses runs back to stop bots!!!.

Suggest something that isn't total crap and maybe we won't have an answer for it.

May 21, 2019
  95. Machentoo replied to the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

Sadly, we've been there and done that.

May 21, 2019
  96. Machentoo replied to the thread NOTICE to all those whining about bots and training them..

It doesn't? I have played literally thousands of hours since it was introduced and never seen it fail a single time. Under what...

May 21, 2019
  97. Machentoo replied to the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

Boxing 24 toons isn't against the rules, in and of itself, though. They aren't going to ban paying customers for things you guys...

May 21, 2019
  98. Machentoo replied to the thread Selo Questions.

Some of them are relevant for 10+ expansions. The +spec evocation and +spec alteration, in particular, won't get replaced until Veils...

May 21, 2019
  99. Machentoo replied to the thread Balancing Enchanter PB Area Effect Stuns.

You realize there is raid content after PoP, right?

May 21, 2019
  100. Machentoo liked Nessirfiti's post in the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

Sorry, No I meant the people who are suggesting changing the loot timer. or, really demanding any of these changes.

May 21, 2019
  101. Machentoo replied to the thread How many threads from how many people will it take for you to ban the Necro Bot army in Rathe?.

This is precisely how the system works, once you reach a certain thread count, they take action. I suggest you keep making new threads,...

May 21, 2019
  102. Machentoo replied to the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

No, but changing the loot timer to 7 minutes just for automated bots doesn't seem likely.

May 21, 2019
  103. Machentoo replied to the thread Suggestion on stopping bot farmers.

So does awarding raid loot.

May 21, 2019
  104. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - HoT and forward, rank 3 spell drop increase.

Except by the time the servers reach that point, 1/10th of the customers are still playing on them. Would be nice to see otherwise...

May 21, 2019
  105. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler more pickzones?.

THey did solve the stability issue, by reducing the number of pickzones.

May 18, 2019
  106. Machentoo replied to the thread Since when is botting allowed?.

Not exactly. Everquest data is not encrypted, and hasn't been for a long time--it was not successful when they tried it back in the...

May 18, 2019
  107. Machentoo replied to the thread Rogues need something in TLP's.

Do you have a source for this, was it recorded or posted somewheree? Very interested to listen to this talk if it is available. I...

May 17, 2019
  108. Machentoo replied to the thread Thank you for extended target windows!.

There is an easy solution for that which does not involve enabling xtarg.

May 16, 2019
  109. Machentoo replied to the thread Rogues need something in TLP's.

This is the first new and creative idea I've seen in a long time on the rogue situation. It would give rogues a huge advantage that...

May 16, 2019
  110. Machentoo replied to the thread Rogues need something in TLP's.

Not on class balance issues.

May 16, 2019
  111. Machentoo liked Captain Video's post in the thread Rogues need something in TLP's.

Simple truth: The devs are already overburdened with a long-promised to-do list for rebalancing classes on Live servers (read any of the...

May 16, 2019
  112. Machentoo replied to the thread Rogues need something in TLP's.

Oh really? Why then in his first sentence does he bring up the aa boost that doesn't even aply to either classic or "early...

May 16, 2019
  113. Machentoo liked Elemenopi's post in the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

Yep, they are all mid-life with better careers, which is why companies choose to build these p2w schemes to milk that disposable...

May 16, 2019
  114. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

It is the same players. People change in 20 years.

May 16, 2019
  115. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

It's not a new generation. Most of the players doing the stuff you don't like were also playing in 1999-2004.

May 16, 2019
  116. Machentoo replied to the thread Odd Cycling of Colors on Name.

This would be amazing.

May 15, 2019
  117. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

Given to us by the dev team. Different departments, different philosophies.

May 14, 2019
  118. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

So, general question to the TLP population. Is ANYONE willing to spend 5-10 hours a week serving as a guide to enforce the no box...

May 14, 2019
  119. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

Also, where are you going to get volunteer guides to staff this server? Everyone who is interested in enforcing no box server...

May 14, 2019
  120. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

It's not one rule. It's a dozen rules, going back to the beginning of DBG's tenure. It's a consistent pattern over years--cut, cut,...

May 14, 2019
  121. Machentoo replied to the thread Odd Cycling of Colors on Name.

Happy Birthday!

May 14, 2019
  122. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

I don't think it is as easy as you guys are making out. Someone scripting, or six boxing, is fairly obvious. Someone boxing one or...

May 14, 2019
  123. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

Nah, I disagree. There is a bigger difference. Phinny was the first of its kind. That's given it a big advantage over the copies...

May 13, 2019
  124. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - UF Grand Slam in Era!.

The correct solution here is to let him die!

May 13, 2019
  125. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

It may be blatantly obvious, but you still have to have a GM to do something about it.

May 13, 2019
  126. Machentoo replied to the thread Phinigel - UF Grand Slam in Era!.

Amazing accomplishment, proud of you guys. I imagine this was the first thing that really challenged you as a guild in the entire run on...

May 13, 2019
  127. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

Woops, replied without reading. Sorry. I am fine with the idea of releasing a no box server alongside a boxing friendly server....

May 13, 2019
  128. Machentoo replied to the thread Trying to decide......

This just isn't the case. If your healer is sitting at full mana without slows (and perhaps even able to throw in a few nukes here...

May 13, 2019
  129. Machentoo replied to the thread Leveling activity?.

It's a recruiting ploy. Most people want their server to do well and continue for a long time with population intact. In part that...

May 13, 2019
  130. Machentoo replied to the thread can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game..

The seven they have released recently aren't enough?

May 13, 2019
  131. Machentoo liked Warrior007's post in the thread Phinigel - UF Grand Slam in Era!.

One of the most exhilarating fights in era dealing with all of the bridge sets, would highly recommend trying it in era for an incredible...

May 13, 2019
  132. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

There have only been two TLP's to ever make it to HoT. Yes, Phinny has better population going into HoT than Fippy did, but only...

May 13, 2019
  133. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

We know what you said. Doesn't make it true. There never were unpaid GM's. (Well, except for Dima that one time at Fan Faire.)

May 12, 2019
  134. Machentoo liked Nessirfiti's post in the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

Never seen an ex-guide refer to themselves as GMs either.

May 12, 2019
  135. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

Guided on Tarew Marr for seven years, can't even spell the name of the server. Sounds legit.

May 12, 2019
  136. Machentoo liked jeskola's post in the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

H1z1 king of the hill popularized that genre and was quickly swept aside by similar games with a bit more polish. Sound familiar?

May 12, 2019
  137. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

Battle Royale and Planetside Arena are both clearly post-SoE.

May 12, 2019
  138. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

You should maybe inform Daybreak of this, since they keep releasing new games.

May 12, 2019
  139. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

My post wasn't a troll, but this ^^ certainly is. Daybreak is on the ropes financially. Repeated layoffs in the last year, and...

May 12, 2019
  140. Machentoo replied to the thread Adventurer's Stone LDON.

Also the whole escort exploit where you could just have a monk run in and skip killing the mobs.

May 12, 2019
  141. Machentoo replied to the thread Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation).

Everquest being dropped as a title and the servers shut down?

May 12, 2019
  142. Machentoo replied to the thread Lol @ Corinav (Another one of these threads).

My guess is that they are a short time away from just permanently banning every single player from Everquest for cheating, and...

May 11, 2019
  143. Machentoo liked Dythan's post in the thread I'd Pay 100$.

To transfer my Phinny toon to Selo's right now. Sure it's a little powerful, but the server will catch up soonish. Why doesn't DBG want...

May 11, 2019
  144. Machentoo replied to the thread Adventurer's Stone LDON.

Be thankful you no longer have a 30 minute lockout!

May 11, 2019
  145. Machentoo replied to the thread Not to nitpick expansion unlocks, but....

It's been this way as long as Phinigel has existed... 84 days is standard and what you've gotten every single time for a "3 month"...

May 10, 2019
  146. Machentoo replied to the thread Charm + Gate needs to go away.

They used to be, they got nerfed back in 2002 or so.

May 8, 2019
  147. Machentoo replied to the thread Charm + Gate needs to go away.

Not with the long cast time. The mage summoned instant cast dispell staff is though.

May 8, 2019
  148. Machentoo replied to the thread I would gladly pay up to 100$ to move my character from Agnarr.

Sure, I am sure that having over a year to farm quarm, pop tradeskill mats and plat would give Agnarr players no major advantage over...

May 8, 2019
  149. Machentoo replied to the thread Please unlock Extended Target Window feature for all TLP servers.

No, but you can show that you DON'T have the train on your extended target window until it arrives and the trainer flops. (They can...

May 8, 2019
  150. Machentoo replied to the thread Truebox has failed. Let's talk gameplay changes instead..

Your post already proves my point. You don't play when there isn't something you need to work toward. Scarcity, for you and most...

May 8, 2019
  151. Machentoo replied to the thread Truebox has failed. Let's talk gameplay changes instead..

And you'd probably quit a month later when you realize that zero difficulty means zero satisfaction. The entire game is built around...

May 7, 2019
  152. Machentoo replied to the thread Truebox has failed. Let's talk gameplay changes instead..

Think your reactions are faster than a computer's? All this would do is ensure no one competing against scripted toons ever wins....

May 7, 2019
  153. Machentoo replied to the thread [Phinigel] House of Thule and Veil of Alaris.

This is probably for the better anyway. Somnium in its current state with gameplay changes is God-awful and will make you all want...

May 4, 2019
  154. Machentoo replied to the thread Is blue my only hope?.

What makes you think this? Not one TLP in the history of the TLP's has died after pop. Unless by "after pop" you mean "Sometime...

Apr 30, 2019
  155. Machentoo replied to the thread Selo's Ruleset once it becomes a Live Server.

Doubtful that it will have any appeal to live players. Boxing is nearly universal on live.

Apr 30, 2019
  156. Machentoo replied to the thread Coirnav on lifesupport.

It's a little early to be declaring victory for Selo. It has a LONG ways to go.

Apr 26, 2019
  157. Machentoo liked Protagonist's post in the thread Triggered/Quest NPC Spawns - Can We Get Clarity?.

Posts like this are why I don't admit to other adults that I play video games. Dial back on the roleplay a bit man. It's really,...

Apr 26, 2019
  158. Machentoo replied to the thread Will you guys ever make a Non-Truebox TLP again?.

This. The "places for you to go box" include every Daybreak server. That Smellybuttface wishes it were otherwise does not make it...

Apr 26, 2019
  159. Machentoo replied to the thread Camp check... JK might makes right..

For what it's worth, there was a global reduction in spawn times about six years ago, by 25% or so. Not saying it's enough, but we...

Apr 26, 2019
  160. Machentoo liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread Policies are replacing common sense.

Oh my god you guys every company is an RMT company. It's ALL OF THEM

Apr 26, 2019
  161. Machentoo liked jeskola's post in the thread Policies are replacing common sense.

Are you suggesting DBG is attempting to make profit in Real Life cash using Everquest?

Apr 26, 2019
  162. Machentoo replied to the thread Policies are replacing common sense.

You don't seriously think that people train every single time there is a contested mob, do you?

Apr 25, 2019
  163. Machentoo replied to the thread Policies are replacing common sense.

Have you signed up?

Apr 25, 2019
  164. Machentoo replied to the thread Policies are replacing common sense.

It takes more resources to police both than it takes to police just one of the two. And, I'd be willing to bet that kill stealing...

Apr 25, 2019
  165. Machentoo replied to the thread How many guilds policy is to sell Shield of the Immaculate?.

Why would guilds have a policy for an item that is one groupable?

Apr 25, 2019
  166. Machentoo replied to the thread Policies are replacing common sense.

The policies are in place because they lack the CS staff to enforce things players would like them to enforce. It does no good to...

Apr 25, 2019
  167. Machentoo replied to the thread Will you guys ever make a Non-Truebox TLP again?.

Err, this is just not the case.

Apr 25, 2019
  168. Machentoo liked Nessirfiti's post in the thread Will you guys ever make a Non-Truebox TLP again?.

I'm quite happy boxing here, Thanks though :)

Apr 23, 2019
  169. Machentoo replied to the thread Coirnav on lifesupport.

So again, why do you think they would want to slow down the population bleed of the server? If players are going from Coirnav to...

Apr 22, 2019
  170. Machentoo replied to the thread Remove Truebox Code from Agnarr.

Lockjaw was originally six months lockout per expansion, now it is three. That's a pretty huge change.

Apr 20, 2019
  171. Machentoo replied to the thread Progression Servers - Boss Spell Damage Issues.

So, we've just learned that no one really knows how much damage they do, because what is reported is not necessarily always correct....

Apr 20, 2019
  172. Machentoo replied to the thread Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch.

Me either. No issue with people using it on live or non truebox, since the agreement with EQMule basically legitimized it.

Apr 20, 2019
  173. Machentoo replied to the thread Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch.

No idea, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't at this point with the other site offering software that works with no apparent...

Apr 20, 2019
  174. Machentoo replied to the thread 100 hp gear still out of era in TSS? Corrupted Hammer of Consternation.

Itemization isn't the issue at all. Think about roles on raids. The hammer doens't become SK usable until Paladins have another...

Apr 20, 2019