Machen's Recent Activity

1. Machen liked code-zero's post in the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

Yeah because taking a food order in a restaurant is exactly the same thing as attempting to deal with 20 year old code and tables in a...

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:55 AM
  2. Machen replied to the thread Has anyone had their suspensions lifted yet?.

Her*. She probably isn't working at 8 PM when you sent your PM... Check back tomorrow.

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:03 PM
  3. Machen replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

People who actually played through classic at double the speed of the original release time table hated it. It does not work without...

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:55 PM
  4. Machen replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

You really have no idea how difficult it is. Last time they created a script to merge characters, it failed spectacularly. I assume...

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:25 PM
  5. Machen replied to the thread Raid Coins on TLP'S.

That may be what some players think they want, but the reality is, every time we've been given enough time to accomplish that, people...

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:00 PM
  6. Machen replied to the thread So....

I am in favor of them jettisoning truebox, but until they do, come on... Everyone knows full well that you aren't to use VM's to box...

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:37 AM
  7. Machen replied to the thread So....

Not according to quite a few posters in this thread. Or are they all lying?

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM
  8. Machen replied to the thread So....

I just read your last 10 posts, none of them mentioned your account was banned.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:19 AM
  9. Machen replied to the thread So....

I think it's quite possible that whatever they are doing to target it in this wave was directed only at players logged into TLP's....

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:17 AM
  10. Machen replied to the thread So....

Most of the people posting are suspended, not banned. Sorry I can't remember your particular details.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:15 AM
  11. Machen replied to the thread So....

Which also results in a permanent ban from all DBG games.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:12 AM
  12. Machen replied to the thread So....

Good luck challenging them in court.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:11 AM
  13. Machen replied to the thread So....

You want to think this, but it's just not true.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:08 AM
  14. Machen replied to the thread So....

Go back and read the thread I linked earlier. Piestro, who was the community manager at the time, recommended against having VM's...

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:02 AM
  15. Machen replied to the thread So....

Again, it's a company wide policy that originally had nothing to do with EQ. People were using VM's to cheat in Planetside, so SoE...

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:21 AM
  16. Machen replied to the thread Mangler Server - Blatant cheaters running rampant.

Weren't you arguing a few weeks ago that no one is actually using m q 2 on truebox? So now all these bans are really for using m q 2...

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:05 AM
  17. Machen replied to the thread So....

I sympathize and agree, but DBG has been doing this for a long time. These complaints have been made before, and they have always...

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:40 AM
  18. Machen replied to the thread So....

That's exactly what has happened several times in the past. Guys do legitimately have VM software for their professional employment...

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:27 PM
  19. Machen replied to the thread So....

The funny thing was, this was actually all from before Truebox even existed. Policies in place purely because they were dealing with the...

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM
  20. Machen replied to the thread So....

Also post 44, states that you shouldn't have a problem just having it installed, only if it is running. As far as I know, that is still...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:56 PM
  21. Machen replied to the thread Raid Coins on TLP'S.

Phinigel isn't that server... It has basically the same time line as previous TLP's. Selo has room to complain, but they are...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:53 PM
  22. Machen replied to the thread So....

Found it. Post #17 in this thread. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dual-boxing-a-no-go-for-now.203937/...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:51 PM
  23. Machen replied to the thread So....

They actually, literally, can. Whether they can survive as a company is another matter, but if they want to ban people for running...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:29 PM
  24. Machen replied to the thread So....

Here is the oldest thread I can find on the current forums related to this, it has links to some of the older posts I mentioned but they no...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:23 PM
  25. Machen replied to the thread So....

It's not, and according to the EULA that we all agree to, it doesn't have to be. They can ban anyone at any time for any reason. You...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:00 PM
  26. Machen replied to the thread So....

Running VM's while playing EQ has gotten you suspended going back 10+ years now, off and on. Probably they ran their script to detect it a...

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:59 PM
  27. Machen replied to the thread So....

It would be nice, but they won't give you one. They never explain exactly how you were cheating or how they knew, to prevent...

Nov 12, 2019 at 5:10 PM
  28. Machen liked Oakenblade's post in the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

Uh did you not raid and do progression for RoS and TBL?

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:44 PM
  29. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - How much progression can be done w/ mercs?.

I'm sure ranger is enough cc to get it done, vinelashing adds, and bst slow helps a lot too. He doens't have even that much cc, or...

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:58 PM
  30. Machen replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

Trade skills adding to your raid gear... There are many expansions where the AxAA stuff is pretty good raid gear, and a...

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:55 PM
  31. Machen replied to the thread Raid Coins on TLP'S.

It's not the issue you guys are making it out to be. You don't need best in slot raid gear in every slot to do the next expansion. Would it...

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:43 PM
  32. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - How much progression can be done w/ mercs?.

I just did it. Tank merc couldn't tank the adds in the Library without mez, healing couldn't keep up. He has the mage for tanking but...

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM
  33. Machen replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

And Fippy, which went farther so far than Phinigel has made it.

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:38 PM
  34. Machen replied to the thread The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP.

Every single one of these except the races happens later on in the Everquest expansions already. They have already done these...

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:08 PM
  35. Machen liked Zippie's post in the thread Miragul - How much progression can be done w/ mercs?.

My bad. Didn't realize he was asking just about HoT progression. I see it now in his post. For some reason I thought he was talking...

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM
  36. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - How much progression can be done w/ mercs?.

HoT progression tasks are not raid content.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:43 AM
  37. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - How much progression can be done w/ mercs?.

Then probably not. You will need a puller and a mezzer to get through some of it.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:15 AM
  38. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - How much progression can be done w/ mercs?.

All of it, depending on your classes.

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:06 AM
  39. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

It's a pretty significant part of the game, in almost every era. Completely eliminating it would make the game less than it is...

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:14 PM
  40. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Careful... He may take your suggestions!

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM
  41. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

They've never answered whether this is against the rules or not, but many people do.

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM
  42. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

If that were true, Miragul would have the same high pop as every other fresh TLP has had. It is not even close.

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:27 AM
  43. Machen liked NameAlreadyInUse's post in the thread Remember all those threads asking for skipping progression and removing AOC's?.

The thing that bothers me is that they will probably learn the wrong things from this experience: Instead of realizing that TrueBox and...

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:50 AM
  44. Machen replied to the thread Remember all those threads asking for skipping progression and removing AOC's?.

You don't need 3 accounts to steamroll any aoc content, should they actually grant it.

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:12 PM
  45. Machen liked taliefer's post in the thread What was the most popular TLP?.

there was an absurdly large casual population on mangler. many guilds didnt bother reporting to those sites, and there were at least...

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:19 PM
  46. Machen liked Nolrog's post in the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

I think buying the CE is a bit much, but I would love to have the ability to purchase specific items individually, such as mounts,...

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:36 AM
  47. Machen liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Any zones that were partially developed, but scrapped?.

A lot of PoR, only they weren't scrapped.

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:49 PM
  48. Machen liked Lisard's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

calm down sir, these 2 things are not like the other. lol.

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:22 PM
  49. Machen replied to the thread DBG, double profit and fix truebox/boxing issue with minimum effort.

I doubt it. Mercs that scale with your gear, accurate and not over or underpowered over 26 expansions? Not a chance they would get...

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:07 PM
  50. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

The police in my town do not enforce certain laws. In particular, they will never issue a ticket for parking facing the wrong...

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:37 PM
  51. Machen replied to the thread DBG, double profit and fix truebox/boxing issue with minimum effort.

It is too late for that. 3rd party software usage is so widespread on live that cutting it off altogether now would result in...

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:34 PM
  52. Machen replied to the thread What was the most popular TLP?.

Curious about this. I don't play on Mangler, but just looking at the progression boards for Phinigel vs Mangler, the number of...

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:09 PM
  53. Machen replied to the thread What was the most popular TLP?.

Lol, really?? Phinigel has already been repeated several times.

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:05 PM
  54. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

And yet you can't stop replying to every single post. If you want the thread to stop getting further out of hand, just... stop......

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM
  55. Machen replied to the thread Tacvi not unlocked on Selos?.

Actually the ancient script upon which it is all based was 3 month unlocks after content was beaten + a vote. But otherwise, yes,...

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:38 PM
  56. Machen liked That0neguy's post in the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Please tell me what tools a GM has to determine if I'm physically using multiple PC's or not.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:34 PM
  57. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

There is a ton they have gotten right, and quite a lot of anticipation of problems. That they cannot anticipate and correct every...

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:34 PM
  58. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Even if they wanted to provide a solution for Phinny, at this point it is too late. By the time they patch it in, you'll have the...

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:04 PM
  59. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Doesn't make any more sense for Fippy than it does now for Phinny. The purpose of delayed release expansions on live was because the...

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:04 PM
  60. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Bull.. Now you are the one moving the goalposts. Out of the current collector's edition for sale, House of Thule, the stuff I...

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:01 PM
  61. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Bottom line, just because the lead dev says how something is supposed to work on the TLP's, you can't actually be confident he is...

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:53 AM
  62. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Ngreth, Did you also research the bug that caused the server to revert to T1-2 unlocked only on Fippy after the expansion was...

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:41 AM
  63. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Don't be absurd. Look through the thread at the specific items mentioned by TLP players. Bags. Port clicks. Mounts. (Those...

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:38 AM
  64. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

You are posting in the TLP forum, not the veteran forum. Understand that the mindset is different from what you are probably used...

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:54 AM
  65. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

You've misunderstood the clamoring in this thread. The TLP players want the functional items that actually impact gameplay. The...

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM
  66. Machen replied to the thread Remember all those threads asking for skipping progression and removing AOC's?.

The bad news is, people who leave during those expansions generally don't come back. Maybe it will be different on selos since you...

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:41 AM
  67. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

Shocking that people aren't using the LFG tool 11 months into the current expansion. On the other hand, 8 people LFG two days into...

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:40 AM
  68. Machen replied to the thread Help BST Box duo Mangler.

I agree. He is looking to start his duo with one of the least powerful classes in Luclin era, and is looking to combine it with...

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:35 AM
  69. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

Nope, not even close, and you can quit with your propaganda for p99. Miragul is behind FV, Bertox, Bristlebane, Cazic...

Nov 7, 2019
  70. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

No one wants a live truebox experience.

Nov 7, 2019
  71. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

Some of those comments are from general chat on Miragul today. I've been in it most of the time since it launched.

Nov 7, 2019
  72. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

Did you read the other thread? People have been arguing that it's great pop, that the 200 people in general chat isn't an accurate...

Nov 7, 2019
  73. Machen replied to the thread Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?.

If by high pop, you mean obvjectively, based on DBG's population meter, no. It's low pop. If you mean in the minds of its fans,...

Nov 7, 2019
  74. Machen replied to the thread Character Transfer Question.

No.

Nov 7, 2019
  75. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

It was time based. I detailed it for Prathun in the other thread two weeks ago.

Nov 7, 2019
  76. Machen replied to the thread Petition for DBG.

Not only are petitions against the forum rules, but your proposed server ruleset sucks. No.

Nov 6, 2019
  77. Machen replied to the thread Tacvi not unlocked on Selos?.

This is my recollection as well. To trigger the instance, you always need the signet of command or whatever it's called, and you...

Nov 6, 2019
  78. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

And why would that be a problem for six or seven year old collectors editions? I can see why it would be an issue when TLP's get...

Nov 6, 2019
  79. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Yes. They have sold tlp-specific bag bundles on the website in the past.

Nov 6, 2019
  80. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

This is absolutely not true. They have the ability to control what items are available on the marketplace on a server by server...

Nov 6, 2019
  81. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire: Prenerf CoS worth anything?.

The AA doesn't do the exact same thing, does it? Iirc it has a (very short) cast time and can't be cast on the run as CoS can. Or...

Nov 6, 2019
  82. Machen replied to the thread TLP - Finding a home..

I can confirm the numbers have changed some. Not sure why but five or six years ago it was normal to see a server at medium pop with...

Nov 6, 2019
  83. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

If only someone had warned them!

Nov 6, 2019
  84. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

I'm not saying they should release every collector's edition all at once to everyone. TLP players should have an option to purchasse...

Nov 6, 2019
  85. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Is it too soon to say I told you so? Lol.

Nov 6, 2019
  86. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Mark of Brell etc is a great example. There is no reason these shouldn't be available to TLP players on the expansion they are on....

Nov 6, 2019
  87. Machen liked Numiko's post in the thread miragul so boring.

Actually other then the last few its been very scattershot when TLP servers launch. Fippy launched in Febuary Ragefire and Lockjaw...

Nov 6, 2019
  88. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Nonsense, when TLP's play through 4-5 expansions per year, there is no reason why if they are going to do it, you should have to be...

Nov 6, 2019
  89. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

There was a spot in the dreadlands section that was super fast, easy xp on Fippy. Dunno about if it is still good.

Nov 6, 2019
  90. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Personally, as a long time TLP player, the collector's editions of new expansions aren't even on my radar. I know I won't get to...

Nov 6, 2019
  91. Machen replied to the thread miragul so boring.

Not a single one of them was low pop within 24 hours of launching, til now.

Nov 6, 2019
  92. Machen replied to the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

I support this. Never being able to get the collector's edition stuff on Fippy kinda sucked.

Nov 6, 2019
  93. Machen liked Zipe's post in the thread House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?.

Hello, Just saw DBG put on store the pack for the collector edition items from HoT. That's a great idea to get our money, can't understand...

Nov 6, 2019
  94. Machen replied to the thread Did DBG catch the cheats yet? (Mangler).

How much more? As you said, GM cost of living is increasing, and it would take quite a lot of them to adequately police even a...

Nov 5, 2019
  95. Machen replied to the thread I guess Machen was right....

Whoops back to low. That must be a record...

Nov 5, 2019
  96. Machen replied to the thread I guess Machen was right....

Hey, it made it to medium pop!

Nov 5, 2019
  97. Machen liked Warrior007's post in the thread Miraguls - Kerafyrm Awakening/Kill.

I'm going to guess the static keys will work! First one to get it can probably go wake it with a merc. It's certainly too bad it...

Nov 5, 2019
  98. Machen liked Montag's post in the thread I guess Machen was right....

Server's been up for 36 minutes and not a single player on it. :confused:

Nov 5, 2019
  99. Machen liked That0neguy's post in the thread TLP - Finding a home..

I love when people post numbers that feel right to them.

Nov 5, 2019
  100. Machen replied to the thread Phinigel Unlock Timers - Developer Request.

What he is asking for in this case actually is what the rules were when we signed up...

Nov 4, 2019
  101. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

The don thing is nice for sure.

Nov 4, 2019
  102. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

The 1.0s are yes. The 2.0s don’t require any aoc content.

Nov 4, 2019
  103. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

Leveling yourself with mercs 1-85 takes less time than going 85-95 too...

Nov 3, 2019
  104. Machen replied to the thread TLP - Finding a home..

Ragefire is past the point where AoC's matter, come play!

Nov 3, 2019
  105. Machen replied to the thread Daybreak needs to do a "Winback" style email alert for Miragul..

Leaving out the negatives won't help. "What is this truebox thing? Screw that, I'm out."

Nov 3, 2019
  106. Machen replied to the thread Quality of Life Suggestion for Muramite Proving Grounds.

It takes less time to just plow.

Nov 3, 2019
  107. Machen replied to the thread Collection of knowledge.

Necro on both accounts. Though they do improve later on in progression.

Nov 3, 2019
  108. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

Except AOC's do not let you solo Trakanon. You need six characters to trigger the AoC. Which, interestingly enough, you can't do...

Nov 3, 2019
  109. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

The 85 levels of powerleveling takes a tiny fraction of the time it takes to go 85-95. Yes, it is a times savings, but not nearly as...

Nov 3, 2019
  110. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

It really isn't. Both the guy plvled into leveling range and the guy who is 85 with heroic gear will do approximately the same % of...

Nov 3, 2019
  111. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

The only one of those that even has an AoC version is the mage gloves from VT (and even then, only if you don't want to try to catch...

Nov 3, 2019
  112. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

I don't mind people asking for it, and I agree it would be nice if they added it. I was responding to the guy who said he wouldn't...

Nov 3, 2019
  113. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

You have a bunch of servers where you can do that. Consider rolling on Phinigel--it will take you about two hours to level up enough...

Nov 3, 2019
  114. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

No AoC is completely irrelevant on a server that starts in HoT. The only thing they are missing is the ability to go back and do...

Nov 3, 2019
  115. Machen liked code-zero's post in the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

I've seen enough in range of skills from different players over the years to conclude that there's skill above and beyond merely looking up...

Nov 3, 2019
  116. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

I didn't say anything about adding a guildie. There has to be guilds in order for there to be guildies to add. On Fippy, when we...

Nov 1, 2019
  117. Machen replied to the thread 5box best comp for Miragul.

This. I've done this exact trick for many years. People make it sound like it's a ton of work to move melee characters around, but...

Nov 1, 2019
  118. Machen liked Baldur's post in the thread 5box best comp for Miragul.

I don't know why people recommend casters as boxes in this era. It's way easier to box melee IMO. Hit 1 button to assist and turn attack...

Nov 1, 2019
  119. Machen replied to the thread Returning to ragefire where do I start?.

Go straight for TSS end zones then, AG / FC. Maybe a short stop by valdeholm pit to get to 71 for the upgraded mez. You won't need...

Oct 31, 2019
  120. Machen replied to the thread The Hole on Miragul?.

/GU Lord Nagafen in 24s, 103212 @ 4310 | Total 103212 Yep.

Oct 31, 2019
  121. Machen replied to the thread The Hole on Miragul?.

They don't have 32k hp any more. Around 100k without motm.

Oct 31, 2019
  122. Machen liked Bobbybick's post in the thread The Hole on Miragul?.

SK Army bumrushing to 1 shot Vox/Nagafen. We've come full circle back to Fippy.

Oct 31, 2019
  123. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

Mercenaries are immune to banish, but they won't attack a mob unless someone in the group is on aggro. If you shrouded someone to...

Oct 31, 2019
  124. Machen replied to the thread Miraguls - Kerafyrm Awakening/Kill.

Lol. Nice theory but Everquest doesn't work like that. He will be in both places at once, just like many other creatures in the...

Oct 31, 2019
  125. Machen replied to the thread TLP - Finding a home..

A lot of servers never use that. It doesn't say anything at all. During Phinny's heyday when there were 25+ guilds raiding stuff,...

Oct 31, 2019
  126. Machen replied to the thread TLP - Finding a home..

DIdn't you say you play on live? Level 1-65 takes like 5 hours...

Oct 31, 2019
  127. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

You don't need 200 people in a guild to do content with motm. The vast majority of it can be done with ~2-4 groups in era.

Oct 31, 2019
  128. Machen replied to the thread Returning to ragefire where do I start?.

I'm curious to see what others will say. Here are some possibilities that may not be optimal but will at least give you xp and get you...

Oct 31, 2019
  129. Machen replied to the thread The Hole on Miragul?.

It's actually hard to get into line of sight to be able to take the shot. They both have huge aggro radius and you get kicked the...

Oct 31, 2019
  130. Machen liked Roxas MM's post in the thread What are you plans for Miragul?.

ignore it ?

Oct 31, 2019
  131. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

It's a good story. When DoN launched on Fippy, for the first twelve hours or so the rock blocking the broodlands was still in...

Oct 31, 2019
  132. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

This. They've responded with major changes to overwhelming feedback in the past, EG the case of bundling GoD on Phinny. It is...

Oct 30, 2019
  133. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

Lol @ pretty easy. The devs have wrestled with the voting system ever since it was first implemented, and it has worked correctly...

Oct 30, 2019
  134. Machen liked yober's post in the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

This is such a terrible way of thinking. People signed up for those server because it was their only option. Just like how if you...

Oct 30, 2019
  135. Machen liked Gana's post in the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

Can you test on Fippy to remove the voting? I mean, when I login, there are usually less than 5 people on the server. So, even when...

Oct 30, 2019
  136. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

You are right, we are all just guessing. But I've several times played through content where level 95 was the max level, both on...

Oct 29, 2019
  137. Machen replied to the thread 5box best comp for Miragul.

Shaman and Bard both add tremendous amounts of ADPS to melee characters. They stack very, very well. Druids offer far more synergy...

Oct 29, 2019
  138. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

Checkmate goes to Daybreak, for banning forum polls to prevent us from starting down this path.

Oct 29, 2019
  139. Machen liked jeskola's post in the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

You must work for DBG, because this kind of ill-informed logic is what I would expect from them. Fans of Live are not interested in...

Oct 29, 2019
  140. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

I just did this within the past month on Phinigel. The grind level 1-85 took me less time than the grind 85-90. The aa's are a far...

Oct 29, 2019
  141. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

Amazingly enough, the same is true right now on Phinigel...

Oct 29, 2019
  142. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Fippy had the same thing with players coming over for Vulak. And not much room to shrink doesn't negate attrition, I can testify to...

Oct 29, 2019
  143. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

I haven't kept that close tabs but it seems to me that Ragefire has been fairly steady population wise for a long time, even...

Oct 29, 2019
  144. Machen replied to the thread Miragul. Boom town?.

Exactly what you all said about Agnarr. There will always be people playing at low levels! With level 65 cap it will always be easy...

Oct 29, 2019
  145. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

No, but as far as we know, the factors that led to the failed GoD votes on Fippy/Vulak are still present in the overall system. Was...

Oct 28, 2019
  146. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

I have always pointed to # of active guilds as an accurate reflection of population. And I did not think that Ragefire would ever...

Oct 28, 2019
  147. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

This. DBG should realize that just because they launched a server with ruleset x, four years later they don't need to stick to...

Oct 28, 2019
  148. Machen liked MarttinPH's post in the thread Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?.

As I believe it, Ragefire and Lockjaw are the only active TLP servers that require a vote to bring out the next expansion. Would it be...

Oct 28, 2019
  149. Machen replied to the thread How is Mage Tanking Post Hot.

As others have said, the mage will get you there faster. There are tradeoffs either way. Assuming they don't add the aug quests or...

Oct 28, 2019
  150. Machen replied to the thread 5box best comp for Miragul.

Warriors are still going to be primary MT in raid content in most situations. SK's do just fine in group content, in many cases...

Oct 28, 2019
  151. Machen replied to the thread Miragul - Ghost Town?.

You can't go straight to T4 group content. You have to do the full progression to access T4 zones.

Oct 28, 2019
  152. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

For what it's worth, both last night and checking again just now, Ragefire and Lockjaw have a combined general pop greater than any...

Oct 28, 2019
  153. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

A great solution that they will probably never even consider.

Oct 28, 2019
  154. Machen replied to the thread How is Mage Tanking Post Hot.

Mage pet tank is fine in the group game, especially with raid focus. Should be a very workable trio.

Oct 27, 2019
  155. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Literally the only people arguing it should start in classic are people who also don't want to see it happen in the first place, and...

Oct 27, 2019
  156. Machen replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

They have never done a TLP remotely like this before. There is no pattern, not when it comes to this server. I think there are good...

Oct 27, 2019
  157. Machen replied to the thread Miraguls - Kerafyrm Awakening/Kill.

You aren't going to be able to hold off. It will take a single player to wake the sleeper. Someone will do it immediately. You can...

Oct 27, 2019
  158. Machen replied to the thread 5box best comp for Miragul.

You should start by being aware that boxing five toons in HoT is very different than boxing five toons in pop. Every class has far more...

Oct 27, 2019
  159. Machen replied to the thread Miraguls - Kerafyrm Awakening/Kill.

Every live server had sleeper until he was awakened...

Oct 27, 2019
  160. Machen liked Warrior007's post in the thread Miraguls - Kerafyrm Awakening/Kill.

On TLPs, historically there's never been a legitimate shot at killing Kerafyrm due to multiple factors. With Miragul's launching, that...

Oct 27, 2019
  161. Machen replied to the thread Can we somehow have AOC's for old content on Miragul?.

If it takes anyting more than a checkbox/flag that takes 5 seconds for one dev to click, they did it wrong. At this point, where...

Oct 26, 2019
  162. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Clearly that's not even on the table. DBG/SOE/VERANT/whoever haven't been able to stop all 3rd party programs since 1999. If they...

Oct 26, 2019
  163. Machen replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

I suspect it would take a much bigger reward to get that done. But why not throw something big and unique at it? Perhaps something...

Oct 26, 2019
  164. Machen replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

These are great questions. Remove Truebox from Phinny/add heroic characters ala Miragul... Add aoc's to Ragefire, and the need for...

Oct 26, 2019
  165. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Would this actually solve it? Couldn't people find the offsets just as easily for the truebox client?

Oct 26, 2019
  166. Machen replied to the thread Please keep true box on the November TLP..

Both are literally true. Not sure why you see a conflict at all between the two statements. It is not remotely inconsistent to hold...

Oct 25, 2019
  167. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

There are a whole lot of live players that have lived with zero enforcement on 3rd party tools for many years now. Some of them...

Oct 25, 2019
  168. Machen liked Yinla's post in the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

What is being done to ensure that this server is Truebox unlike other Truebox servers?

Oct 25, 2019
  169. Machen replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

Just throwing in my support for a non truebox, AOC enabled server. I've been one of the people asking for this ever since Phinny launched....

Oct 25, 2019
  170. Machen replied to the thread Top 3 DPS during House of Thule Era?.

You should cut down on the drinking and posting. The thread specifically asks about House of Thule, not classic through pop. And...

Oct 25, 2019
  171. Machen replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

Phinny and Selos will make it to live either way, because the content does not need to be defeated for the servers to progress. As...

Oct 25, 2019
  172. Machen replied to the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

It's getting pretty funny now. I don't think they have ever actually put the correct # of expansions for autogrant into any TLP faq,...

Oct 25, 2019
  173. Machen liked Levy's post in the thread Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion].

Is Phinny past this era? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to allow 1 free heroic char per account on Phinny rather than start a whole...

Oct 25, 2019
  174. Machen replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

Lol. I somehow missed this even though I gave the TBS launch date for Ragefire in the other thread. Thanks.

Oct 24, 2019
  175. Machen replied to the thread New server qs.

I argued last week that it wouldn't matter, but the more I think about it... If you can make unlimited characters and dump the plat...

Oct 23, 2019
  176. Machen replied to the thread Not much time left to plan..

It's a minor side attraction to their expansion release. It's a surprise they are even doing a TLP this time of year.

Oct 23, 2019
  177. Machen replied to the thread New server qs.

It's an item which powers up your armor and gives it bonus stats. The power source will slowly drain over time until it runs out of...

Oct 23, 2019
  178. Machen replied to the thread New server qs.

The answer to this one is no, but it is completely irrelevant as your stats will all be maxed with your starting gear.

Oct 23, 2019
  179. Machen replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

Got it, me too. I am contemplating making the switch to Ragefire once it hits SoD, or at least TSS, but it's still a bit off from...

Oct 23, 2019
  180. Machen liked SunDrake's post in the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

I mean I would spend 100% of all my EQ TLP time on the Phinigel server if that were to happen. I believe that's the opposite of what you...

Oct 23, 2019
  181. Machen replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

Just on general principle, or do you think it would actually impact you in some real way?

Oct 23, 2019
  182. Machen replied to the thread New November Server.

It's not saying it is a live server, just that it will have live experience rates. Other TLP's that make it far enough in...

Oct 23, 2019
  183. Machen replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

I would subscribe three accounts today on Phinigel if they turned off truebox. I think it would make at least some small difference.

Oct 23, 2019
  184. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Just so we understand clearly, when you say unlock / progress properly, do you mean all content should be available on day 1, and if...

Oct 22, 2019
  185. Machen liked Prathun's post in the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

We're going to look at the state of the server when Rain of Fear launches and manually make any changes that we feel are necessary for it...

Oct 22, 2019
  186. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

That's fine, and not surprising. But he did say that if I had more information, he would be happy to look into it. So I'm just...

Oct 22, 2019
  187. Machen replied to the thread Miragul Server J5 merc quest. Please be feerot version not Korascian Warrens..

It won't be that easy on day one with hundreds or thousands of people trying to do it at the same time! Good times...

Oct 22, 2019
  188. Machen replied to the thread {Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel.

Prathun, any further news on this? Have you had a chance to look into the stuff I posted from Fippy? Expansion launch is ~2 weeks...

Oct 22, 2019
  189. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire Vote TBS.

I mean, you CAN... You literally have in the past when you changed Ragefire and Lockjaw from six month unlocks to three. I have...

Oct 22, 2019
  190. Machen replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

To offer a counterpoint-- Phinny was only slightly more successful at launch than Ragefire/Lockjaw combined. Advances in...

Oct 22, 2019
  191. Machen replied to the thread New November Server.

Currently on Phinny they are spawning fast. I am pretty sure they will spawn fast on the new server too, but who knows.

Oct 22, 2019
  192. Machen replied to the thread Lockjaw & Ragefire - Dev Question.

EoE did the same from Vulak to Fippy.

Oct 22, 2019
  193. Machen replied to the thread Lockjaw & Ragefire - Dev Question.

Yeah, I saw that. The thing is, when Vulak was first asking for a merge, they still had people who knew how to do it and had done...

Oct 22, 2019
  194. Machen replied to the thread New November Server.

HoT is MUCH better. There are so many named, and they spawn so frequently, that no one is going to get up in arms over the loot....

Oct 22, 2019
  195. Machen replied to the thread Lockjaw & Ragefire - Dev Question.

The last server in Lockjaw's situation was Vulak. Players begged for three years for a server merger. By the time they finally did...

Oct 22, 2019
  196. Machen replied to the thread We ready to dump truebox?.

Great, can you stop arguing against removing truebox in those late eras then?

Oct 22, 2019
  197. Machen replied to the thread Ragefire Vote TBS.

Also yes the voting periods are always the same for every server. Going back in an unbroken chain of two week periods to Fippy six...

Oct 22, 2019