Machen's Recent Activity

1. Machen replied to the thread My problem with melee dps being so dominant..

All they really need to do is tie the out of era innate melee dps aa's to a much later expansion. Problem solved.

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:12 PM
  2. Machen replied to the thread I want a TLP where selling PL's is forbidden....

No, it wouldn't. It would just create more problems. As long as you can do "trading two krono on live for a powerlevel here!" you...

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:11 PM
  3. Machen replied to the thread when do they normaly announce the new tlps?.

Why would you even suspect there will be no expac at the end of this year? There will be a new xpac.

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:06 PM
  4. Machen replied to the thread Best TLP server is... Pop locked, No Box, MEGA Server.

This. The whole point of Agnarr was that there would never need to be another one. Anyone who wants a locked server can play on...

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:04 AM
  5. Machen liked jeskola's post in the thread Best TLP server is... Pop locked, No Box, MEGA Server.

A small handful of players prefer a locked server, and they already have one. It would be a waste of dev time and resources and a major...

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:04 AM
  6. Machen replied to the thread When TLPs are "true up" with live servers: AoC?.

Tying them to gold accounts only would elimintate the problem. Even if you didn't, most new TLP's have more pop than most live...

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:09 PM
  7. Machen liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Zek Rising!!!.

That's a pretty severe read of that rule, but I see how someone could. I personally would allow someone to ask about a forum ban or...

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:15 PM
  8. Machen replied to the thread Zek Rising!!!.

Thanks, any chance she could get unbanned? I'll pm you the account.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:15 PM
  9. Machen replied to the thread EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!.

I have played through 90% of all eq expansions several times on the TLP's. I have repeatedly asked, and have never really received,...

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:53 PM
  10. Machen replied to the thread Zek Rising!!!.

When I used my wife's account to contact a forum admin about my forum ban, my wife's account was immediately also banned for being an...

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:49 PM
  11. Machen replied to the thread Zek Rising!!!.

Sure, and if you don't happen to have a level 85 on zek fully geared out, forgetaboutit.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:48 PM
  12. Machen replied to the thread Zek Rising!!!.

Is it ok to use a spouse's account to appeal a forum ban? Because if so, my wife would like her forum account reinstated. The forum...

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:13 PM
  13. Machen replied to the thread TLP Announcement Today!.

Where is the second quote from? "There definitely won't be one this year." I would very much like to see the source on that.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:11 PM
  14. Machen replied to the thread When TLPs are "true up" with live servers: AoC?.

I'm betting JChan could figure it out tomorrow if she wanted. It really can't be that hard to add a single additional condition to...

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:06 PM
  15. Machen replied to the thread Selo and Truebox.

Err, on Phinny yes. On Selo, no.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:02 PM
  16. Machen replied to the thread Selo and Truebox.

no.

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:05 PM
  17. Machen replied to the thread I want a TLP where selling PL's is forbidden....

Doubtful. It was legal to afk in 2003! I bet you could get someone pretty easily today though with the current afk checks.

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:16 PM
  18. Machen replied to the thread On behelf of Selo (likely Phinny et al.).

It might be possible to, instead of transitioning from a TLP/Truebox status, to live status, transition from a TLP/Truebox status to...

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:43 AM
  19. Machen replied to the thread On behelf of Selo (likely Phinny et al.).

They have announced though that if you transfer, you lose all your Overseer stuff as the transfer system won't handle it. But...

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:39 AM
  20. Machen liked Zipe's post in the thread Europeans on TLP?.

Excuse me sirs but Rosengard is on Phinigel. I don't know what Aradune's Rosengard is, probably some old Rosengard members that prefered...

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:26 AM
  21. Machen liked Roxas MM's post in the thread Europeans on TLP?.

omg you forgot us, the big daddie. Rosenguard 3 is alive and kicking on phinigel. I must admit though it's a bit late to start fresh here,...

22. Machen liked jeskola's post in the thread Europeans on TLP?.

<End of Time X> Casual Euro raiding guild on Rizlona is currently recruiting. Looking for more of most classes. Scheduled raiding,...

23. Machen liked Gremin's post in the thread when do they normaly announce the new tlps?.

No new servers, pls

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:17 PM
  24. Machen replied to the thread when do they normaly announce the new tlps?.

And what I was getting at, even if you only look at the last few years since Ragefire/Lockjaw, is that they have only stuck to...

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:57 AM
  25. Machen replied to the thread I want a TLP where selling PL's is forbidden....

No, they don't. Let's not go breaking mechanics that are useful and even necessary in some contexts because players misuse it in...

Mar 2, 2021
  26. Machen replied to the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

People are also looking at it from a very TLP-myopic perspective. There's a reason there are no live truebox servers and never will...

Mar 2, 2021
  27. Machen liked Chaoslayer's post in the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

DPG I sent this months payment via /say. Let me know when you get it.

Mar 2, 2021
  28. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

True, but it did actually happen even if it happened a while ago. And DW did have to walk back the "No one has actually been...

Mar 2, 2021
  29. Machen replied to the thread Will Agnarr to Mangler Transfers ever happen?.

No thank you. I have no interest in seeing characters from Agnarr transfer to Rizlona ever. If you want to play on Rizlona, roll...

Mar 2, 2021
  30. Machen replied to the thread when do they normaly announce the new tlps?.

So that's twice out of a whole lot more than two. Fippy/Vulak were announced toward the end of the year, launched in Feb....

Mar 2, 2021
  31. Machen liked Protagonist's post in the thread AA on Rizlona.

Just add a few dozen more bots to your lineup.

Mar 2, 2021
  32. Machen replied to the thread when do they normaly announce the new tlps?.

There isn't set pattern. A few times it has been around this time of year, but Dreamweaver said there's no announcement coming soon,...

Mar 1, 2021
  33. Machen liked yerm's post in the thread Bazaar.

I wanna max some tradeskills on my mage and cleric so I just cut my rizlona guildmate a deal and sold him a krono for only 60k. If you...

Feb 28, 2021
  34. Machen replied to the thread Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced.

Err. Only if you are ignorant of the truth. Foaming is not.

Feb 28, 2021
  35. Machen liked yerm's post in the thread Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced.

I don't think foaming was sarcastic. I've seen 2 screenshot'd conversations where a GM claimed truebox circumvention... on rizlona....

Feb 28, 2021
  36. Machen replied to the thread Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced.

This is what I was getting at. It wasn't sarcasm, it is actually happening. Although I think generally when people push back to the...

Feb 28, 2021
  37. Machen replied to the thread Will Agnarr to Mangler Transfers ever happen?.

You're looking at it only from the perspective of the server you are transfering from. A server receiving transfers from Agnarr in...

Feb 28, 2021
  38. Machen replied to the thread Agnarr 2.0 proposal -> Dranik TLP.

I feel like people asking to be locked in PoR forever must surely be trolling.

Feb 28, 2021
  39. Machen replied to the thread Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced.

Sadly, it's not ironic. People have been suspended on Rizlona for "circumventing truebox."

Feb 28, 2021
  40. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Yeah, that's not going to do it for you. Not only can they be invisible, but if you respond to an afk check by camping, they are...

Feb 28, 2021
  41. Machen replied to the thread Dev Request: Allow Barbarians to be Paladins..

The 2 bye limit isn't the issue. That may be inconvenient, but it's solveable, just like they once couldn't go above 32k hp and now...

Feb 27, 2021
  42. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

The ironic thing is that the guys that they are trying to stymie here are just as likely to have something set up to respond to /say,...

Feb 27, 2021
  43. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Were they? They were designed for players to make their own maps. Not sure they were designed with the intent that players would...

Feb 26, 2021
  44. Machen replied to the thread Bazaar.

This is of course only half of the supply/demand equation. Don't be fooled. There is more going on here than this.

Feb 25, 2021
  45. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

If the GM accounts are accounts that any of the cs staff can use, I would think GM Whaambulance would be more popular.

Feb 25, 2021
  46. Machen replied to the thread Prophecy of Ro guide.

Oh I'll do it, every time. I will hate it every minute though. Especially knowing that half the power 3 clicks will have quit by...

Feb 24, 2021
  47. Machen liked demigod's post in the thread AFK Checks.

I am all for banning the afk botters, but this is not the way to do it. DPG are hitting innocent people that moved their say to another...

Feb 24, 2021
  48. Machen liked Notafel's post in the thread AFK Checks.

Adding my voice to the chorus here. Felinis, Guild Leader <Forsaken Legacy> of Rizlona. I already consider it nothing short of a...

Feb 24, 2021
  49. Machen liked Dythan's post in the thread Server Transfers and Stored items/housing/parcels.

And good luck to everyone on Phinny and Selo finding open housing and guild hall spots on your eventual servers.

Feb 24, 2021
  50. Machen replied to the thread Prophecy of Ro guide.

I realize that being mostly afk for 45 minutes at a time is basically the norm for eq players, but only moderately annoying? For the...

Feb 24, 2021
  51. Machen liked sieger's post in the thread Prophecy of Ro guide.

Yes, the only way to beat PoR is to not play it at all.

Feb 24, 2021
  52. Machen liked HoodenShuklak's post in the thread Prophecy of Ro guide.

Cliffnote version of POR guide: Log out.

Feb 24, 2021
  53. Machen replied to the thread Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades.

Yeah, there are certainly some. I don't know if it's a little bit or a lot. I am not seeing a ton of Verdant Hedgerow leaf mounts...

Feb 24, 2021
  54. Machen replied to the thread Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades.

I very seriously doubt that. I doubt most TLPers have purchased any expansion past PoP or Gates, ever. You don't need to purchase any...

Feb 24, 2021
  55. Machen liked Echoe's post in the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

Just a thought, but maybe this GM got the rulesets for Aradune and Rizlona switched around? Human errors happen... but a formal apology...

Feb 24, 2021
  56. Machen liked Echoe's post in the thread AFK Checks.

I think it’s important to consider that those who cheat in a video game are motivated to play for different reasons than those who do it...

Feb 24, 2021
  57. Machen liked Gnothappening's post in the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

What I don't get is how they miss people who box an entire raid on Aradune. At some point you wonder who those people know.

Feb 24, 2021
  58. Machen liked Arctodus's post in the thread starting from scratch.

I think Aradune or Rizlona would work for you. If you think you will be mainly soloing pick a class capable of accomplishing this feat. I...

Feb 24, 2021
  59. Machen replied to the thread Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades.

I don't necessarily have an objection to somewhere in the level 70 stretch, although I do think that a long fight like Mayong in...

Feb 24, 2021
  60. Machen replied to the thread Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades.

I'll add, our first VT clear, in DZ. Coming in with velious gear and next to no aa's and only around 50 characters flagged. DZ gives you...

Feb 24, 2021
  61. Machen replied to the thread Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades.

If it didn't increase your power, why would you want it? There are fights in Velious and Luclin that last >20 minutes. You don't...

Feb 24, 2021
  62. Machen replied to the thread Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades.

The others are true QoL improvements, but ooc regen is not QoL. That is a major power increase, just as extended target was (as...

Feb 24, 2021
  63. Machen liked Vicus's post in the thread AFK Checks.

I feel that you created a system where you send a tell and it makes your icon flash if you are tabbed out or on another box...this is a...

Feb 23, 2021
  64. Machen liked Warrior007's post in the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

The best challenge we've had yet in OGC. The event was incredibly fulfilling to beat in era. Thank you all for the incredible experience....

Feb 23, 2021
  65. Machen liked Mangler-Wiz's post in the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

What a momentous occasion, and with only 2 weeks of practice! Original Gangster Club, with the support of Rosengard III and Resolute...

Feb 23, 2021
  66. Machen replied to the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

Which would be great, if they weren't also banning people on the server where DPG staff explicitly said it was ok to use that...

Feb 23, 2021
  67. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

They were designed for raid guilds. They were designed for you to cooperate with your guild, not for you to do the whole key solo....

Feb 23, 2021
  68. Machen liked FranktheBank's post in the thread Holly Longdale / Blizzard.

Selo has, minus Mearatas. Phinny I think will finish under the same terms.

Feb 23, 2021
  69. Machen replied to the thread Holly Longdale / Blizzard.

Combine reached live status. They were the first, and only to this point, and most definitely had an intact raiding guild. They...

Feb 23, 2021
  70. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

So I think a lot of people are conflating two different things. The AFK checks are not the same as they ban wave that has apparently been...

Feb 22, 2021
  71. Machen replied to the thread blizcon whats whoever owns eq going to do next?.

Drive away most of their players with random unjustified bans, apparently.

Feb 22, 2021
  72. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Eh, they have suspended/banned for this for a long time now. AFK merc killing could be a suspension as far back as 2012, although...

Feb 22, 2021
  73. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

The VT key for the most part is NOT just staring at a spawn point. The only spawn that is remotely like that is FG. Maybe ME, but...

Feb 22, 2021
  74. Machen liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread AFK Checks.

Agree. Just saying GMs may likely be taking a very liberal understanding of 'cheating', based not on what's right, but based on...

Feb 21, 2021
  75. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

And yet people are still getting it done. Virtually every guild on every TLP since there have been pickzones has made it into both...

Feb 21, 2021
  76. Machen replied to the thread Holly Longdale / Blizzard.

The biggest problem is that it eliminates the hype and the rush of TLP expansion releases. New TLP launches are packed, with tons...

Feb 21, 2021
  77. Machen replied to the thread @devs, for the love of Agnarr....

MOTM does a lot more than this. It also increases how hard the mobs hit, and also reduces your resists so that their spells hit you...

Feb 21, 2021
  78. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

That's not the standard they have expressed. The standard has been, "At the Keyboard." Specifically on Rizlona, the word...

Feb 21, 2021
  79. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

You're the only hypocrite in this thread. You posted that no one enjoys doing the key. I posted that I enjoyed it, and explained...

Feb 20, 2021
  80. Machen liked Ronluwen's post in the thread Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT.

Learning to cast firestrike correctly can add 30ish dps while losing little bow dps. Get focus gear. Practice on test server. Smash other...

Feb 20, 2021
  81. Machen replied to the thread Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT.

That is not how it works, because of the way hybrid melee/casting works. If you are casting right after bow shot, as you should be,...

Feb 20, 2021
  82. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

I'd rather they lower the pick threshold than increase the drop rate. Give people more access to camp the mobs. If you are killing...

Feb 20, 2021
  83. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

More likely a char in trademode got suspended for purchasing krono from 3rd party sites.

Feb 20, 2021
  84. Machen replied to the thread Good bye, Everquest !.

Something tells me we'll be down this road again.

Feb 20, 2021
  85. Machen replied to the thread @devs, for the love of Agnarr....

I don't think we can count on the current devs following the plan laid out by Prathun. Even IF he was actually laying out a roadmap...

Feb 19, 2021
  86. Machen replied to the thread Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT.

This, but also. Wisdom/mana pool only matters on fights that you go from FM to OOM. On a sustained grind, it doesn't matter at all...

Feb 19, 2021
  87. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

I don't have an issue with increasing availability. I have an issue with eliminating the quest or increasing availability to the...

Feb 19, 2021
  88. Machen liked yerm's post in the thread AFK Checks.

I'm nyuk, yerm, and boton. Man up.

Feb 19, 2021
  89. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Yeah, except the logs showed the GM did contact him.

Feb 19, 2021
  90. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

My guild flagged ~60 people for VT in under a week. We didn't steal camps or bully people out. We worked together on a massive scale,...

Feb 19, 2021
  91. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

They already have PC and NPC separated since you can assign different chat colors to them. Adding a filter would help, and should be...

Feb 19, 2021
  92. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Pretty easy to fabricate 1000 lines of log entry within 4 minutes of getting banned? Ok.

Feb 19, 2021
  93. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

I've lost a lot more than I've won. But yes, I do enjoy the competition. This, too, is part of the content. Edit to add -- and I...

Feb 19, 2021
  94. Machen replied to the thread Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT.

In my group the mobs don't have time to run.

Feb 19, 2021
  95. Machen replied to the thread Pre-emptive TEB beat Luclin in XX days post.

Having run two of these sites, I can say it is not very likely that someone is going to fudge their dates. Why? Because anyone can...

Feb 19, 2021
  96. Machen replied to the thread Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT.

In a group setting, high enough dps means the ranger doesn't need to snare, root or heal. It's great that the ranger has those tools...

Feb 19, 2021
  97. Machen replied to the thread please consider VT key revamp.

I do. The keying and flagging ARE the content, at least a big part of it. I enjoy the push on expansion launch to get flagged and...

Feb 19, 2021
  98. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

This is not the only place the outrage is blowing up. Rizlona discord has had these discussions every few days for months now. Same...

Feb 19, 2021
  99. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

When people send me logs, sometimes within minutes of their being banned, I tend to believe they didn't doctor the logs and are...

Feb 19, 2021
  100. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

There isn't more outrage because people like you immediately reject accounts such as this as automatically untrue, because you can't...

Feb 19, 2021
  101. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Nope. If you are driving your puller, you can be out of camp when GM shows up to check you in camp. So you need to be watching not...

Feb 19, 2021
  102. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

The game is virtually unplayable if you need to log out every time you need 30 seconds to go pee or get a drink.

Feb 19, 2021
  103. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I've had friends post logs to GM's show that they were chatting in guild literally seconds before the GM appeared, and in one case...

Feb 19, 2021
  104. Machen replied to the thread Info Needed Arch Lich Rhag'zadune.

Our ssra dz this week was exactly the same as this. We spawned, cleared to basement and did cursed, probably in ~30 minutes total....

Feb 18, 2021
  105. Machen liked yerm's post in the thread Will we ever see another Selos style server?.

Selo with double loot rather than half lockouts would be the perfect server.

Feb 18, 2021
  106. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

People literally are getting suspended for going afk at Raster. I had a friend suspended for being afk briefly in high pass hold at...

Feb 18, 2021
  107. Machen posted a new thread.

Rizlona is down

Rage Rage Rage

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Feb 18, 2021
  108. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I (hope) I am not with you on this. I've used the same main account for 20 years. Never received so much as a warning in all that...

Feb 17, 2021
  109. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I can guarantee it's not people they have been watching. In one case, recently, someone petitioned someone else for afk play. The...

Feb 17, 2021
  110. Machen replied to the thread Aradune: seeking solid, legal afk deep ae.

You can't legally be afk receiving xp. Not under the current rules. Even if someone else is doing all the work, if you are...

Feb 17, 2021
  111. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

It doesn't say what you think it says.

Feb 17, 2021
  112. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

They should absolutely let people know that they need to not have /say minimized or sent to a window where it is spammed by combat....

Feb 17, 2021
  113. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I may be, but I approached him on behalf of 18 guild leaders representing well over 1000 active players and probably 5-10x that many...

Feb 17, 2021
  114. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Dreamweaver has specifically responded to me in discord on this issue and declined to comment. He is aware of it and unwilling or...

Feb 17, 2021
  115. Machen replied to the thread AFK Checks.

This whole thing is ridiculous and will ultimately lose them a lot of revenue. Especially on Rizlona where it is one strike and you're...

Feb 17, 2021
  116. Machen replied to the thread TLP Server "Dynamic Ruleset Evolution" over their life-cycle..

I think most players are this way even if they don't realize it, and in fact I've seen this tendancy with players that are...

Feb 13, 2021
  117. Machen replied to the thread Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?.

The biggest problem with Miragul was truebox. Well, that and it was released in direct competition to Phinigel and Selos. Players...

Feb 13, 2021
  118. Machen replied to the thread What 4th to add to SK+Shm+Zerker? (Mangler, 70+ content).

Bard. Especially with mercs coming soon to round out your group.

Feb 12, 2021
  119. Machen replied to the thread Mind Wrack overrides con pots.

Nope, and nope.

Feb 11, 2021
  120. Machen replied to the thread Shaman or something else?.

This. Shaman can solo heal most of the best xp camps in Luclin with AE slow, even with mass pulls. Plus you've got malo for the...

Feb 10, 2021
  121. Machen replied to the thread Warping in the grey and scarlet desert.

Boggles my mind that there would be a need to warp in these zones. Especially SD, there are what, ten spawn points total? And if...

Feb 10, 2021
  122. Machen liked Dythan's post in the thread Warping in the grey and scarlet desert.

It is 100% safe to say that. Doing it is completely different maybe.

Feb 10, 2021
  123. Machen liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?.

I heard the reason JChan has gone radio silent for almost a year is because she's unlinking BST and BER from their respective xpacs. Also...

Feb 9, 2021
  124. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Phinigel was the first. The very fact they have made 10x canned copies of it successfully shows that it was something fairly unique,...

Feb 8, 2021
  125. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

I hope they do a Selos 2.0. But I hope that they swap out the sped up lockouts for double loot. I think it would be far more...

Feb 8, 2021
  126. Machen replied to the thread Rizlona Transfers.

Thanks, but no thanks. We don't need people taking up space on Rizlona just to powerlevel characters for Aradune.

Feb 8, 2021
  127. Machen liked dreamweaver's post in the thread Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?.

We are still a ways away from being ready to talk about new TLPs.

Feb 8, 2021
  128. Machen replied to the thread Here's a Joke... "What did the game dev say to the Selo player?".

If it were super great I doubt they would have chosen it for a merge destination.

Feb 5, 2021
  129. Machen replied to the thread Something about Wizard DPS on TLP.

I care, if by doing so the wizard slows down the raid from completing everything in a timely manner and keeps me and 71 others from...

Feb 5, 2021
  130. Machen replied to the thread Something about Wizard DPS on TLP.

So your problem is that you made the wrong choice on the very most important choice there is?

Feb 5, 2021
  131. Machen replied to the thread The next TLP.

I'll buy 10 bags if it is not opened until 2022. Hell, I'd consider making it 500 bags.

Feb 5, 2021
  132. Machen replied to the thread The next TLP.

Sadly, for the very same reason they have wanted to do Kunark and Velious again after literally doing them for the past six months,...

Feb 5, 2021
  133. Machen replied to the thread <Thats EQ Baby> TO THE MOON!.

Double post.

Feb 5, 2021
  134. Machen replied to the thread <Thats EQ Baby> TO THE MOON!.

Awesome, until another guild comes in next year or the year after after (even more) massive gameplay changes and does it in 5 hours....

Feb 5, 2021
  135. Machen replied to the thread TLP Server "Dynamic Ruleset Evolution" over their life-cycle..

All of the above? I've talked to a lot of players, lead or served as an officer of a lot of guilds, on most of the TLP's since the...

Feb 5, 2021
  136. Machen replied to the thread For TLP transfers....

The good news is, next year there will be a new expansion with all new mechanics and what all you did for Overseer will be completely...

Feb 5, 2021
  137. Machen replied to the thread Luclin lockouts.

Not sure why you'd say this. The vast majority of getting into VT takes place outside of raids. It doesn't take >3 hours to raid...

Feb 1, 2021
  138. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

What are you talking about? Other than being a progression server, Fippy did not have any restrictions compared to live. Fippy's...

Feb 1, 2021
  139. Machen liked jeskola's post in the thread Here's a Joke... "What did the game dev say to the Selo player?".

Unless things have changed under JChan, they have proven they need players to guide them in the right direction after the initial ruleset...

Feb 1, 2021
  140. Machen replied to the thread Here's a Joke... "What did the game dev say to the Selo player?".

They should have learned by now that announcing ahead of time is far better, because it gives them time to fix something if the...

Feb 1, 2021
  141. Machen replied to the thread ADVLoot System on Raids.

If it's taking you longer than fifteen minutes to hand out loot, just leave all items on corpse before you hit 15 mintues to avoid...

Jan 31, 2021
  142. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

This is where you are wrong. 90% of the people bickering on this forum have been bickering on this forum for many years. Very few...

Jan 30, 2021
  143. Machen replied to the thread Please merge Coirnav and Ragefire.

Let me be straight up with you. You've literally just announced that you are against all the players on Ragefire. The vast, vast...

Jan 30, 2021
  144. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

This wasn't really the case. EQWindows and similar variants allowed boxing multiple characters on one computer pretty early on--I...

Jan 29, 2021
  145. Machen liked Foaming's post in the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

I'm convinced WaitingforMoreEQ is actually a mass botter/farmer on Aradune. He is doing everything he can to denounce the competition and...

Jan 29, 2021
  146. Machen replied to the thread Lifecycle of a TLP Server.

You are literally eliminating half the progression from progression. What you are suggesting is like saying to the TLP crowd, "Well...

Jan 29, 2021
  147. Machen replied to the thread Lifecycle of a TLP Server.

There's no need for this. All it would do is encourage folks to not stick around for the late expansions. You can already transfer...

Jan 28, 2021
  148. Machen replied to the thread Please merge Coirnav and Ragefire.

I only brought truebox up because the last person to start a thread asking for coirnav to merge with ragefire felt that of course it...

Jan 27, 2021
  149. Machen liked Foaming's post in the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Biggest reason to pick Rizlona is because WaitingformoreEQ doesn't want you to.

Jan 27, 2021
  150. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Also nice job moving the goalposts. You really thought we couldn't name 12 guilds, didn't you?

Jan 27, 2021
  151. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Maybe last week before a new expansion launch isn't the best time to check these things, especially outside of prime time. Some of...

Jan 27, 2021
  152. Machen replied to the thread Please merge Coirnav and Ragefire.

Are you willing to give up truebox and slow xp? If not, it's a hard pass from the Ragefire players I'm sure.

Jan 27, 2021
  153. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Between us that's 15 counted, and I didn't work very hard at my list either.

Jan 27, 2021
  154. Machen liked Relikor's post in the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Dhs Reincarnate, Kill Mode, Escape from Aradune, Throw Stones, Excel, Malignant, Grab your Six, What's Going On, Deconstructing Gods,...

Jan 27, 2021
  155. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Lonely at the Top Shattered Soul WGO Deconstructing Gods DHS Kill Mode Grab Your Six Escape from Aradune Venom Avidity FV TLP PLZ...

Jan 27, 2021
  156. Machen replied to the thread TLP 2021.

What... the... f... 40 weeks of pop would absolutely devastate any progression server.

Jan 27, 2021
  157. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Oh, I'm well aware. I'll keep responding though so people who are just reading and considering where to play won't automatically...

Jan 27, 2021
  158. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

This just isn't the case. Rizlona has dozens of raiding guilds. The vast majority aren't listed on the kill site--for whatever...

Jan 27, 2021
  159. Machen replied to the thread Is there any plan to make future servers double servers that eventually merge?.

I'm not sure it would be very little return. Judging from the queues on Aradune, a significant # of people ended up just quitting...

Jan 26, 2021
  160. Machen replied to the thread Is there any plan to make future servers double servers that eventually merge?.

We've got more history than this. Fippy/Vulak, Combine/Sleeper. People always pick one over the other, heavily. But, if you know...

Jan 26, 2021
  161. Machen liked code-zero's post in the thread New TLP Idea - This one wins.

Make it a premium subscription server with volunteer GM's recruited from its top raid guild it and it'd be as bad as it could get

Jan 24, 2021
  162. Machen liked jeskola's post in the thread Next tlp server.

"It benefits us in many ways to have the krono consumed, rather than banked, since we can't realize the revenue until they have been used...

Jan 24, 2021
  163. Machen replied to the thread Next tlp server.

While this is probably true in an accounting sense, money from "lost" krono can eventually be recovered and counted as revenue, same...

Jan 23, 2021
  164. Machen replied to the thread Threat value on clickies.

The duration is 60 seconds on both. You can cast one, then cast the other 30 seconds later. Both will land and both will give the per...

Jan 22, 2021
  165. Machen replied to the thread Threat value on clickies.

That used to be true, but right now you can land both provoke and berate in either order and they both stick. Not sure when this...

Jan 22, 2021
  166. Machen liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Threat value on clickies.

I didn't inhale until everyone else was doing it.

Jan 22, 2021
  167. Machen replied to the thread Threat value on clickies.

It takes the fun out of it if you get to choose your own title. I was hoping Dreamweaver was secretly handing them out to people.

Jan 22, 2021
  168. Machen liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Threat value on clickies.

Wait hol up, how do some of you have custom forum titles.

Jan 22, 2021
  169. Machen liked Accipiter's post in the thread Threat value on clickies.

LOL. I like yours btw.

Jan 22, 2021
  170. Machen replied to the thread Threat value on clickies.

If the Alla hate numbers are correct, you can get about a 20% increase in total hate and a ~35% reduction in endurance by cycling...

Jan 22, 2021
  171. Machen replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

The boxer probably has his own bard already. And wants songs in camp, not out pulling. I'd go with monk.

Jan 21, 2021
  172. Machen replied to the thread Anyone ever tried a Rogue with a BST box?.

I played main rogue for many years with my wife playing a shaman. Both raid geared, and she is pretty good at shamaning. In group...

Jan 21, 2021
  173. Machen replied to the thread Anyone ever tried a Rogue with a BST box?.

This just isn't the case if the rogue is raid geared. Rogue will pull aggro off the shaman pretty fast even when he is evading and...

Jan 20, 2021
  174. Machen replied to the thread Plane of mischief player corpses.

That's not how it works any more. Corpse has 6 days only if you are offline. 3 hours of online time, or time at character select, and...

Jan 19, 2021
  175. Machen replied to the thread TLP 2021.

I agree. I think the chance that they will do a pvp server is zero. But if they have to do a new server, I hope it is a pvp server,...

Jan 19, 2021
  176. Machen replied to the thread TLP 2021.

I'd prefer no new TLP in 2021, but if they are going to do one, yes please make it PVP. And only a pvp tlp.

Jan 19, 2021
  177. Machen replied to the thread @Dreamweaver on Rizlona Rulesets.

What posts? I don't recall Dreamweaver ever responded here.

Jan 19, 2021
  178. Machen replied to the thread Please fix the mage pet aggro rules on TLPs.

Despite the risk of offending all our mages, I'll say, I have no idea why you'd take the time for this. You will more than make up...

Jan 18, 2021
  179. Machen replied to the thread Consolidation TLP.

If I were a live player, I would flip my if the "TLP" live server had advantages that none of the other live servers get. It...

Jan 18, 2021
  180. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

And out of all those new servers, only two at any given time have had high pop. The rest are just waiting to finish out their run....

Jan 17, 2021
  181. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

I do too. Scarcity is a sound marketing strategy. Taking a year off after five in a row might not be a bad thing financially.

Jan 14, 2021
  182. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Or, better yet, no new TLP for 2021.

Jan 14, 2021
  183. Machen replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

They kept other live servers around with 50 players for many, many years. I wouldn't assume they are going to do what makes sense to...

Jan 13, 2021
  184. Machen liked Barton's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

The Devs/Team can always change what happens, but I thought it was fairly clear. If you go by what was written in the announcement all...

Jan 13, 2021
  185. Machen replied to the thread Has anyone ever considered this idea for a new TLP/EQ revamp.

What in the world makes you think that they would go a different direction than Luclin, if they did something like this? IF DPG did...

Jan 13, 2021
  186. Machen replied to the thread POP Era Time raid parses.

Even if you're right, the OP asked for parses.

Jan 7, 2021
  187. Machen replied to the thread POP Era Time raid parses.

The OP asked for parses, not opinions and conjecture.

Jan 7, 2021
  188. Machen replied to the thread Phinny Two Man - Aradune Server.

Crush, Crumble and Chomp indeed.

Jan 7, 2021
  189. Machen replied to the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

I suspect those are the accounts that got banned and restarted.

Jan 7, 2021
  190. Machen replied to the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

Especially when the reason eq is outperforming them currently has more to do with the other products' mismanagement and collapse than...

Jan 6, 2021
  191. Machen replied to the thread krono to db bucks.

Not sure that's actually legally an option. Since Krono have actual redeemable value, akin to gift cards according to the accounting...

Jan 4, 2021
  192. Machen replied to the thread How to pronounce KEI..

What does it matter? Send tells for buffs, that's not what voice chat is for!

Jan 4, 2021
  193. Machen replied to the thread TLP 2021.

If they had aoc from the start, 6 months would have been even less popular. There is no reason to tack on 3 more months when most...

Jan 4, 2021
  194. Machen replied to the thread Hail Our New Over Lords EG7 Everyone lets give them Ideas.

Ridiculous idea. You can't sell something to your customers and then after the customers have paid you, fundamentally change what...

Jan 2, 2021