Machen's Recent Activity

1. Machen replied to the thread vet aa Changes.

I did too, the first 50 or so times through each. After that, not so much. I'd guess when all was said and done, I did each one of...

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:21 PM
  2. Machen replied to the thread Returning player and Agnarr Server Poppulation.

"Opening the gate" is not something DBG is interested in doing because there is no financial reason for them to do so. They get more...

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:28 PM
  3. Machen replied to the thread DoN craft mat drop rate..

You aren't going to skill up using only what you get as drops during DoN. But, if you bank everything, you will have plenty to skill up...

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  4. Machen replied to the thread vet aa Changes.

Be careful what you wish for. Months upon months of no one wanting to do anything but OMM's was bad enough the first time around.

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM
  5. Machen replied to the thread Next Patch.

It doesn't matter if they kept it in empty zones only. Swarm kiting affects more than just the zone in which it is happening.

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:54 AM
  6. Machen replied to the thread Sleeper's Tomb TLP Feedback (keep it constructive please).

I'm sorry, what? The post I responded to literally mentioned waking the sleeper on Day 1, nothing about Zlandicar.

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:51 AM
  7. Machen liked yerm's post in the thread TLP bleeding players after launch is normal..

Eq is a difficult game to walk away from and come back to. Always has been. The best thing they could do IMO would be more catchup...

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:42 PM
  8. Machen replied to the thread Best Option for Velious Factions?.

Kill everything faction. If you need to do a turnin, /q on tormax or whatever to avoid a hit once or twice and you'll be fine.

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:40 PM
  9. Machen replied to the thread How long do TLPs usually stay active?.

Just like original wow... 10 million players, 20 or 40% "fled" and that makes EQ better somehow.

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:39 PM
  10. Machen replied to the thread How will DBG address the Mangler Sleeper Issue?.

Making the deal with Eqmule didn't magically eliminate the ability for anyone to cheat. Both DBG and the player base seem to be...

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:38 PM
  11. Machen replied to the thread Sleeper's Tomb TLP Feedback (keep it constructive please).

If this were true, someone would have done it already at some point in the last ~10 servers.

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:35 PM
  12. Machen replied to the thread Congrats M&M on server first Vulak!.

You're right, I'm not playing. Haven't played since Selos launch.

Sep 4, 2019
  13. Machen replied to the thread Congrats M&M on server first Vulak!.

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask (since i've never seen chat lag in ooc or shout in all the years I've played this...

Sep 3, 2019
  14. Machen replied to the thread Bard instrument skill-ups.

It is on all servers.

Sep 3, 2019
  15. Machen replied to the thread I'd anguish in OOW far too easy?.

We did that, on Phinny. Tacvi with ~20 toons total was a challenge. It would have been completely unthinkable to try that five...

Sep 3, 2019
  16. Machen replied to the thread I'd anguish in OOW far too easy?.

Not exactly. Attempts were made, but a second guild made it into Tacvi less than two weeks after the first, and a third guild a...

Sep 3, 2019
  17. Machen replied to the thread Improving on My Small Group’s Dynamic.

If only the EULA allowed for a solution to the problem, such as you boxing your brother's shm when he isn't online to play with your...

Sep 2, 2019
  18. Machen replied to the thread I'd anguish in OOW far too easy?.

It wasn't just Fippy. Also Vulak, Combine. Many of the players that played on those servers make up leadership in guilds that have...

Sep 2, 2019
  19. Machen replied to the thread I'd anguish in OOW far too easy?.

We all had voice chat five years ago. Heck, good guilds had voice chat fifteen years ago.

Sep 1, 2019
  20. Machen replied to the thread I'd anguish in OOW far too easy?.

Nonsense. We had those things on Fippy, most guilds still couldn't handle the content post OoW.

Sep 1, 2019
  21. Machen replied to the thread I'd anguish in OOW far too easy?.

It is every expansion. The difficulty from classic all the way on up to Phinny's current expansion is MUCH lower than it was five...

Sep 1, 2019
  22. Machen replied to the thread VoA - Pillars beaten on Fippy by Citizen!.

I imagine the next stretch of 2-3 expansions will be very satisfying, beating stuff in hours or days that took us month and the stars...

Aug 31, 2019
  23. Machen liked Warrior007's post in the thread VoA - Pillars beaten on Fippy by Citizen!.

Beat this again on Phinny last night! 1-2-2-2 score, we'll go for a 1-1-1-1 soon. Lot of fun at the raid - Certainly a huge difference...

Aug 31, 2019
  24. Machen replied to the thread EQ1's EQ2 Anniversary Server.

"Players will start as level 85 heroic characters" certainly does not imply the only first character you ever create. Although it...

Aug 30, 2019
  25. Machen replied to the thread Congrats M&M on server first Vulak!.

If you aren't debating those things, you aren't crushing it.

Aug 30, 2019
  26. Machen replied to the thread Friendly Competiton vs Being a Donkey.

Most players tend to accept the standards of the company that produces the game, over the long run. Why people have a problem with...

Aug 30, 2019
  27. Machen replied to the thread Friendly Competiton vs Being a Donkey.

It was the line you are trying to find. As Taliefer said, the rules of the game have changed. Screwing other players is ok now,...

Aug 30, 2019
  28. Machen replied to the thread Improving on My Small Group’s Dynamic.

This. Bard is one class you never want to drop from your group.

Aug 30, 2019
  29. Machen liked Mad_Mikey's post in the thread Congrats M&M on server first Vulak!.

Welcome to your first morning after a TLP expansion, Dreamweaver.

Aug 29, 2019
  30. Machen replied to the thread Improving on My Small Group’s Dynamic.

Group geared, a sk or pally will generally do better than a warrior overall thanks to their taps/heals, and are far superior at...

Aug 29, 2019
  31. Machen replied to the thread Improving on My Small Group’s Dynamic.

You have a really weird group. Lots of healing and adps, not much dps. If you are relying primarily on dots to kill mobs, the mobs are...

Aug 29, 2019
  32. Machen replied to the thread EQ1's EQ2 Anniversary Server.

Everyone on the server will either have it or not have it. It will not break anything, it's a level playing field.

Aug 26, 2019
  33. Machen replied to the thread Fixing TLP population Dilution..

The last time they did a merger, it did not go well at all. Many many staff hours spent having to manually restore toons that got...

Aug 26, 2019
  34. Machen replied to the thread EQ1's EQ2 Anniversary Server.

15kpp is a pretty irrelevant amount of money at 85+. It really doesn't matter at all if they leave it or get rid of it. 1.2 million plat...

Aug 26, 2019
  35. Machen replied to the thread With WoWC out will whats left of Mangler come to Selo?.

Smacks of desparation...

Aug 26, 2019
  36. Machen replied to the thread Omens of War(craft).

You are leaving a lot of fast xp on the table if you don't group up for all the dungeon quests.

Aug 26, 2019
  37. Machen replied to the thread [Phinny] Zone desyncs across VoA.

Instances or older content won't solve the problem, because the lag generated by swarm kiting impacts more than just the zone you are...

Aug 24, 2019
  38. Machen replied to the thread Enchanter epic 1.0 is now broken thanks to charm nerf.

This is absolutely phenomenal. Great job, DBG!

Aug 24, 2019
  39. Machen liked yerm's post in the thread Enchanter epic 1.0 is now broken thanks to charm nerf.

Mangler was the most prophetic server name ever.

Aug 24, 2019
  40. Machen replied to the thread Bring back life time sub's.

Think about it. How does Daybreak make money on lifetime subs? There are two ways they come out ahead. 1, the game shuts down before you...

Aug 24, 2019
  41. Machen replied to the thread Bring back life time sub's.

Life time subs are a sucker's bet at this point.

Aug 24, 2019
  42. Machen replied to the thread A different locked server concept.

Imagine if, there was only one season of NFL football ever played, and each year they just aired the reruns.

Aug 24, 2019
  43. Machen replied to the thread Daybreak - heres how to make money - opinions wanted!.

You guys keep opening new accounts to post this same line of arguing. I'll just refer you back to the previous 20 threads for all...

Aug 23, 2019
  44. Machen replied to the thread Will we ever see a Progression server with ALL classes from day one?.

"to include all classes (NOT all races) from day one" That is what he actually asked for. The part you quoted is his purpose...

Aug 22, 2019
  45. Machen replied to the thread Phinny 4.0.... really!!.

If you think this is the last server they will open in the next year, you are nuts.

Aug 22, 2019
  46. Machen replied to the thread Phinny 4.0.... really!!.

I'd say that's a pretty huge assumption, but if it is in fact free of truebox, I'd probably come back and play on it.

Aug 21, 2019
  47. Machen replied to the thread Will we ever see a Progression server with ALL classes from day one?.

Oh come on, don't be so pedantic. It is hilarious that the new server offers precisely what the OP asked for. Whether Daybreak is...

Aug 21, 2019
  48. Machen replied to the thread TSP?.

Yeah, well, the problem there is that we've had three progression servers hit level 85 content so far, and none of them have had new...

Aug 21, 2019
  49. Machen replied to the thread So can you still do that VoA raid with just level 17 monks?.

Very few fails on level 17 monk if you dump all your training points into FD. And plvling a monk to 17 is easier than plvling a...

Aug 21, 2019
  50. Machen replied to the thread TSP?.

Considering only a small handful of players have ever played on a TLP past HoT, "majority" is correct. 99% of the typical EQ TLP...

Aug 21, 2019
  51. Machen replied to the thread Phinny 4.0.... really!!.

If this is their goal, it is really foolish and short sighted. The average classic->velious player will be absolutely overwhelmed by...

Aug 21, 2019
  52. Machen replied to the thread Will we ever see a Progression server with ALL classes from day one?.

Congrats, you got your wish. The new server starting in HoT will have beastlords and berserkers from the get-go!

Aug 21, 2019
  53. Machen replied to the thread Phinny 4.0.... really!!.

On a brand new server, it's a pretty massive gift. I was one of the first people into Korafax on Mayong, and thus one of the first...

Aug 21, 2019
  54. Machen replied to the thread Can't complete quest: "The Revolt of Gloomingdeep".

Sure it can, you just need to delevel to 15. If people are serious about their achievements, this is very doable!

Aug 20, 2019
  55. Machen replied to the thread A different locked server concept.

The content on P99 is NOT the content on official DBG run servers. It is so far apart as to be a meaningless comparison today....

Aug 19, 2019
  56. Machen replied to the thread A different locked server concept.

No, it really does not. After the initial rush, no one will be playing on the starting server at any given time. Level 1-50 content...

Aug 19, 2019
  57. Machen replied to the thread A different locked server concept.

Asking players what they want has historically not worked out well.

Aug 19, 2019
  58. Machen replied to the thread Congrats to Phinigel Beastlords.

I mean, either way they will go all the way! Since they don't need to beat anything to progress, one way or another Phinny will reach...

Aug 17, 2019
  59. Machen replied to the thread Bots, auto afkers on camps, Rules regarding..

Apples and oranges. I did not say they have adequate training to appropriately handle any and every issue that might arise on TLP's....

Aug 17, 2019
  60. Machen posted a new thread.

So can you still do that VoA raid with just level 17 monks?

Genuinely curious.

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Aug 17, 2019
  61. Machen replied to the thread Bots, auto afkers on camps, Rules regarding..

The two are related. There are customer service policies in place based on the manpower they have available. The customer service...

Aug 16, 2019
  62. Machen replied to the thread Bots, auto afkers on camps, Rules regarding..

This is actually a pretty good analogy. Generally these days when the chief of police says they are going to increase enforcing...

Aug 16, 2019
  63. Machen replied to the thread Mangler - Kerafyrm Sleeps.

A month seems wildly optimistic to me...

Aug 13, 2019
  64. Machen replied to the thread Transfer from TLP to live?.

Yes. But, unless you are on one of the most advanced TLP's, there is little reason to do so. You can surpass the abilities of most TLP...

Aug 10, 2019
  65. Machen replied to the thread How to destroy the 3rd party Krono market in 1 easy step.

Why would they want to do such a thing? It is working as intended.

Aug 8, 2019
  66. Machen replied to the thread When did you stop using CH rotations?.

I've seen spam healing in Gates, and I've seen cheal rotations still being used in TSS. There isn't one right answer, each guild will...

Aug 8, 2019
  67. Machen liked Accipiter's post in the thread Dreamweaver is the best community manager since Piestro!.

LOL, welcome back Machen. RIP Machentoo.

Aug 8, 2019
  68. Machen replied to the thread When is the TLP expansion coming out?.

Never.

Aug 8, 2019
  69. Machen liked Fian's post in the thread New chat channel: Raid Class.

Excellent suggestion. I never thought of that.

Aug 7, 2019
  70. Machen replied to the thread New chat channel: Raid Class.

There is -- just redirect that channel to a minimized window for the night.

Aug 7, 2019
  71. Machen liked Teylana's post in the thread Dreamweaver is the best community manager since Piestro!.

I can see how Dreamweaver would remind you of Piestro. Both are very personable.

Aug 7, 2019
  72. Machen liked Aegir's post in the thread Dreamweaver is the best community manager since Piestro!.

Last seen in Morell's Castle [IMG]

Aug 7, 2019
  73. Machen replied to the thread Dreamweaver is the best community manager since Piestro!.

Considering today is the first day I've been able to post from this account since Radarx banned me two years ago, yes, she has done...

Aug 7, 2019
  74. Machen replied to the thread Phinnyprogress.com | VoA Tracking.

Just looking at the progression charts, five guilds cleared HoT in era so far, with a sixth that might get it done before the end of...

Aug 7, 2019
  75. Machen posted a new thread.

Dreamweaver is the best community manager since Piestro!

That is all. Thank you :)

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Aug 7, 2019
  76. Machen liked dreamweaver's post in the thread I'm Your New Community Manager!.

Hi Everyone! I wanted to take a quick moment to say hi and introduce myself. My name is dreamweaver, (which has more to do with my love...

Aug 7, 2019